(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2945 1 year ago

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I made another minor modification to my machine. I replaced the red flasher domes with cacti.
I have a question regarding the sound on Cactus Canyon. I have no problems with it being muffled or anything, but I would like to increase the volume of the music without increasing the volume of the call outs. Possible? I was hoping to find a POT to adjust, but no go.

I need those cacti too!

#3158 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you, will do.
Finally got my game set up, I'll post pics & details later.
In the meantime, any suggestions on posts that look like the pics below? Quite scuffed, with some rust even.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are there a lot like that or just a few? That's not good, hope it's just a few bad standoffs, not a sign of moisture throughout the game

#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Not sure I am sold on the adding a step out screw. I had one leg that it then pinched at the top. I’ll try and adjust it out later on and report back.

Tighten the bottom leg bolt first, will pull the top further away.

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

The hex screw idea is ok, but not a very elegant solution. There is also the risk of decal damage at the top of the leg with this, as the upper tip of leg will be pushed towards and may contact the cabinet.
For existing customers a possible solution is to send out plastic protectors, these will cover any existing damage and protect the cabinet from further damage. I have mentioned previously that I prefer the hidden metal protectors, but the plastic ones will work.
I am a fussy prick and would be ok with that.
A good choice of color would help.
I doubt CGC will write off a couple of thousand legs that have most likely already been powdercoated for the LE's.
With new games, most economical solution will be to replace the thin standard protector with a thicker HD mantis style protector.
I applaud Ryan for stepping up to address the problem. This is the way to do business. Integrity and accountability, Well done CGC.
This gives me confidence that CGC will support and stand behind its products.

I dont think plastic protectors will help, won't it still make contact at the same place? The legs need to be bossed off to prevent rubbing.

#3483 1 year ago

Any 3-d guys willing to make cactus flasher covers? I'd be in for a full set, and I'm sure many others would be as well,,,

#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Ugh, the legs are defective. Severely bent wrong, not obvious when installing them but obvious if you look closely. And no i never over torque the bolts I use a hand wrench and just snug them up. It’s funny how everyone wants to blame anything except what it is. Fucking defective fucking legs.

Damn man, I'm picking up my game tmrw, you're bringing me down . But, why not just sell it and buy another one, now knowing how to hopefully prevent? Would be worth it to me if I had your damage.

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

You’ll love your game and you get the benefit of knowing about the leg issue before hand so you can check them out good before you install them.

I'm not laughing at you at all, I'd be pissed too. I've sold games with damage cuz that's all I saw when I played, so I'd really consider buying another one. I know, not a great solution, but I know how you're feeling , been there too.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

But zero onus on the person with no clue installing them ? Really, none of this is your fault ? I check every time I install legs; seems like you just got over excited and missed checking a crucial step in prepping your game & now trying to blame everyone/everything else but yourself !

Not his fault, it's happening on nearly all the games.

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on what data? We don’t know the scope of the problem.
We were hundreds of games in before this was reported and it’s been mentioned by only a relative handful of owners here so it’s more likely it’s related to a bad batch of legs rather than every leg is out of spec. Or maybe every leg is over crimped and only a few have noticed. But unless you have data that hasn’t been publicly shared that claim is hyperbolic.

Sorry boss, I prob should of clarified. Lots of complaints, and I'm 5 for 5 on people who aren't on pinside with this issue.

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Don’t want to get in the leg stuff,I have the problem and it’s not that big a deal to me
I’ve reached out to them I’m not worried about it
But I can’t let it go when people say “I’m 5 for 5 with people” who are conveniently not on here
On here,there hasn’t been much

#3660 1 year ago

Picked mine up today,legs were way too tight to decals. I did the HEP screw fix, still too tight. I put on leg protectors and put a crease in decal on upper edge on right front leg, not noticeable, but there. Finally removed leg protectors, put 3 small washers under the screws, and now have nice clearance to decals.

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice! Did you need to use a longer screw?
Thanks!
Richard

Nope, used the #6 ×1/2" hex screw advised by pm Jeremy earlier in the thread here.

#3673 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Was looking at the leg standoffs on my Rush, and the ones Stern uses are much thicker than the standoffs on Cactus. They're plastic and a lot thicker than the metal standoffs that CGC is using.

I'm thinking of taking the plastic leg protectors I have and shaping them to cover the metal protectors on the game. Hoping this will provide an equal spacing top and bottom, and will be hidden.

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Are you referring to the factory leg protectors or the additional leg protectors? What size washers did you use? Any chance of a pic for reference? Thanks!

No pics, I'm out of town. The protectors were aftermarket ones, the washers were spares off pinball, the ones on your plastics or posts

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah but that is a lot of pressure in a small area to just use washers like that. I would expect those to eat into the wood over time.

Cmon, the washers are on top of the factory protector.

#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is badass, pm me your progress!? Is it going to work similar to the oem topper? If so, sign me up! Mine is way different but I really do want that damn factory topper lol

Link to the Amazon cacti?

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Chrome rail is in the top position and sliding the glass down worked fine with the ball acting as a ball bearing to assist the glass.
Happened during the Showdown Gunfight mode, so was a huge brick likely off the 2nd to left drop target. I've hit that several times in other games and it stayed up and gave a hard brick. Will adjust the spring like I had to do with the Scoleri Brothers to drop them without bricking.

I've had a few drop target direct hits that sdtm without dropping target. Are you tightening or loosening spring to solve? Luckily, never had a pinball up on the apron.

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I had the same concerns. Especially at a convention. But at home, this things rocks harder than most of my lineup..much better xp all around, at home. Mikey is gonna like it

Hook a sub woofer to it, helps a ton

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I am happy to say my leg drama is now a thing of the past!

Did you find a good fix, or just feelin better about it now?

#3940 1 year ago

You going to replace. Or

Quoted from chillme:

My birthday is in October, not looking good.
11/2 will be 1 year anniversary of my deposit.

He said sooner than later, septembER is sooner, so hoping. Sold my se today, waiting for LE now.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

its the same story with CGC for every single release...its always something ... looks like my Holiday delivery estimate is right on course....

But, I'd gladly wait for as near as perfect, complete game, than to have something shipped out with too many quality issues that could of been fixed with more r&d.

#4078 1 year ago

I put protectors on and they just dented the decals out further. Then tried the machine head screw and added 3 washers to boss it out a bit more, but it still touches at the top of the leg. I think this will work perfectly, but just sold my se, waiting for our le to arrive.

20220722_093010 (resized).jpg20220722_093010 (resized).jpg
#4082 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe add a couple washers under the screw head as needed.

I added 3 small washers under the heads, it helped, but still tight on the top of the leg. I think by shaping the protector to match the factory protector should solve the problem. Hoping so,,,

#4102 1 year ago

Copying another pinsider, cant remember his name, but I think they will look good on the flashers

20220722_171854 (resized).jpg20220722_171854 (resized).jpg
#4111 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get these? Thanks,

Lights4fun, Inc 20 Cactus Battery Operated Indoor & Outdoor LED Party String Lights https://a.co/d/6UtV2XT

#4112 1 year ago

Flasher domes from pinball life

#4117 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I might be getting carried away with this cactus theme. Just brought this home yesterday. Family members who was moving and not taking it. Hopefully it comes fully back to life, it has been neglected a bit from the looks.
[quoted image]

The new SE topper?

#4147 1 year ago

Got the drill and dremel out today, don't think I'll need to glue, nice tight fit

20220724_102224 (resized).jpg20220724_102224 (resized).jpg20220724_102232 (resized).jpg20220724_102232 (resized).jpg20220724_103556 (resized).jpg20220724_103556 (resized).jpg
#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

We’re they easy to drill without cracking/splitting the domes?

Ya, I started with small bit and worked way up to 1/2". Then dremel to get final fit. About 10 minutes to do each one. Easy. Also, oriental trading Co has same lights for 6 bucks, but I ordered off Amazon so I could return easily if needed.

#4166 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

where are the cactus ordered from?

Lights4fun, Inc 20 Cactus Battery Operated Indoor & Outdoor LED Party String Lights https://a.co/d/73vC3iL
Oriental trading Co has them cheaper, not sure on their shipping

#4171 1 year ago

#4176 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Update so the hex screw wasn't enough...now to find a sharpie and Mjolnir!!! Barmaid bring me another!!!!

I put 3 washers on screws and it was good. Jus a bit tight on top. I'm gonna try this , but sold the se. Le incoming,,someday

Screenshot_20220724-200157_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220724-200157_Photos (resized).jpg
#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Washers on the hex screws? This is crazy look they're crimped exactly the same spots.

Ya, I took out the countersunk and put on the #6×1/2 screws, with 3 small washers on top of the factory protector

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Ok thanks I'm throwing everything I got at this no more moping around the boy and I got a high noon date with Bionic Bart!

And tighten the bottom bolts first. While you hold them up as high as you can

#4223 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

He said LEs should start shipping soon and mentioned supply chain issues.

Soon as, nx week or nx month?

#4233 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No big news. Was more geared to those that didn’t know much about the game.
Maybe some LE and SE+ games possibly not shipping consecutively but that’s been alluded to in the past and the wood arch on the LE isn’t just a skin.
Update on the legs confirmed it impacted the last batch but no idea of how big that is/was. Question on whether LE legs were affected or had to be redone wasn’t answered. When will the LEs start shipping? “Soon guys, soon”
They are going to do another stream in a few weeks focused on the topper and LE so maybe we’ll learn more about LE production then. It would be a horrible tease if we don’t.
Oh and there are two versions of the beer mug - one with foam and one without.

Which mug comes on the LE?

#4251 1 year ago

Look above ya

#4260 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Update..ACL surgery was successful and this CCr should be back on it's feet in no time. Definitely not hiding this vice scar tho so it's not a solution for LE buyers but I believe the wait is finally over!

Dang, was afraid that would happen

#4302 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This would only fit in the left upper flasher area right? I think the others are too high and not enough room for the glass. Have a picture installed please. Great job.

Nope, I sent some to a friend and they fit perfectly on upper right and left flasher. The lower right is way too tight

#4356 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Got my CC banner yesterday
[quoted image]

Very cool, guess I need one too! Guitar is sweet as well

#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

—> Lighting for the Bad Guy drop targets is disabled when Interactive GI is set to No
just figured this out, and found in the FAQs to verify. kinda lame that is the case.
Anybody done anything about flipper hop of balls coming down the inlane? mine is a little more than I would like but not sure what can be done about it.

What do you mean , flipper hop of ball? Is the flipper moving or,,

#4387 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Hat’s off to owning an SE ! I wanted the LE so bad, hell, even an SE+, but honestly enjoying the machine I have in front of me. Will I miss the topper? Yes. Will I miss my SE if I sell to get a +\LE spot? Yes. Dilemma for all of us? Yes!

I sold my se , found a reasonably priced le. But now I'm without

#4389 1 year ago

Can't say right now

#4406 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Anyone else throwing support tickets out for the low/slightly muffled sound output? It’s not a deal-breaker, but I have to say that I have other, older pins that sound better. Volume at 20-22. Or is this just the way it is?

We need to lobby pinwoofer to make a kit. My se sounded like shit, even with an external sub.

#4600 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m also voting with my wallet. I can wait and I’m staying in on my LE. The standard is SO good I will happily wait for the upgraded one.

Same here. I sold my se after 2 weeks , happily, impatiently , waiting for our le. Had opportunity to break even on se so I sold

#4617 1 year ago

I'm hoping it has something to do with the saloon doors, the solenoids will have to be in the game when shipped, if,,,,, they are to be included in the code update

#4619 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

This delays doesn’t have anything to do with the upgrade kit.
Remember - the upgrade kit will work on all models. Also, I don’t expect the upgrade kits will contain solenoids.

How will they activate the doors, if they make it to the game?

#4688 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't worry about it...my guess is many CCR LE's will pop up on the market place once they go into production, and at that time I highly doubt there will be much of a mark up (if any) as the market is softening. You can probably get an LE for about the same cost as an SE+topper, and possibly get it sooner?

I'll take that bet

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I hope you're right! We bought an SE on a whim and now absolutely love it. If an LE comes available in time, (without a huge mark-up to the MSRP) I'd gladly sell my SE to help fund the upcharge to an LE.

I played our se for 3 days and did what you're saying. Got lucky and broke even on it, and my distributor had an le for me. I think this will be a game in our room for a long time.

#4694 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

We'll see... a lot can happen in 12 months...

So you're saying we will have it within 12 months?

#4697 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well my initial prediction (which u guys all shit on) was Christmas so le'ts hope.

Hey, I haven't shat on anyone. But hoping before xmas,, but not much anyone can do

#4754 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I absolutely love drop targets and CC uses them in a unique way that fits the theme perfectly so I probably rank CCr higher than most when compatible the other three.
MB never really resonated with me. I had a full restoration done after sitting on an NOS PF for 15+ years. Was incredibly excited to get it. I sold it 6 months because I just couldn’t get into the code.

Same on the remake we bought. Beat it very quickly, which is unusual for me. But it just didn't click here. Hoping the issues get fixed and shipping starts soon

#4789 1 year ago

Also, throw the balls away and put in some nice shiny ones. Our se came with pinballs that looked like they were well past their prime.

#4794 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I sure will! Of course before and after pics will be had for sure. $650 lighting should look amazing... or dare I say "It'll be lit!" Lol

Honesly I was going to buy some super shiney balls but forgot to. I'll have to put in an order for some. It's time to replace the balls in our other machine as well. What are the best pinballs? I've heard Ninja balls are the best.

I did put in ninja!

#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I do that every time I get a game no matter what. Inexpensive playfield insurance.

Sane here, I have a gumball machine that was overflowing, till I gave some away and did another project

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess 2 -4 months....when CGC says 6 weeks it usually means at least 12

Can my friend have your spot? I don't think you'll make it

#5024 1 year ago

No doubt, I'll be in whenever it's ready. Don't understand all the angst, sure ,I wish it was ready , but its not and nothing I can do to make it so.

#5050 1 year ago

Pickin up my backglass tmrw at Next Level, made my cactus flashers and have 2 more ideas for the game. Patiently waiting for our LE

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OT, but anyone out there can honestly verify IF Medieval Madness will see production/shipping in 2023 before I fork out 13K on a used LE???? The 13K question lol
On Topic. Played the old code with old dots and liked it. Well, one thing that DEFINITELY needs to be carried into the current code is the train whistle!!! That’s so badass, and surprised that didn’t carryover to the finished code!

Any luck finding an le, se+, or a buyer for your se? Better hurry and sell so you don't miss out!

1 month later
#5567 1 year ago

#5569 1 year ago

Thx, I found the bally version, but now see that there are no new ones from cgc. Appreciate the tip

#5571 1 year ago
#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have a spare original somewhere, can send to you if I can locate it.

Pm sent

#5598 1 year ago

CCR LE Update:
Great news, your game is going to be ready in about 1-2 weeks. WE NEED your mobile phone number to complete your paperwork.
We will be sending your invoice by this Tuesday (AFTER you reply back with your cell number and we finish shipping quotes).
Please note:
your final balance with shipping, can only be paid via check, wire transfer or direct deposit and that will be explained in the email, when we send your invoice

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just rolled my new CCSE into the basement, but I can’t play it because the legs aren’t anywhere near 90 degrees. How are you guys bending these? Mine won’t budge.

On se we had, I removed the countersunk bolts holding the protectors on and replaced with a machine head screw and a washer. It bossed it out enuf so it didn't hit the body

#5601 1 year ago

Don't put on plastic protectors, it just creased mine on the outer edges

#5685 1 year ago

Are the first shipments from direct order, or from distributors, sorry if this has been asked already

#5687 1 year ago

Oh, thought there was direct from cgc ordering. Guess I was wrong,

#5758 1 year ago

Should we see some deliveries this week? I'm ready to see the le play. Not sure when west coast deliveries will happen, haven't been notified yet.

1 week later
#5914 1 year ago

I'm not sure the audio is top notch, that was the only thing I didn't like on the se we had. Hoping it's better on the le. I have been talking with Dan at pinwoofer about a kit for cgc games, others might want to reach out as well.

#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It has the same Goldwood speaker that I’ve upgraded most of my Sterns to. I’m getting to an age where half of my hearing range is gone, so I think PinWoofer would be wasted on me. That’s one of the perks of getting old: I don’t need 4k video or super high fidelity audio.

I've run farm equipment for 40+ years, my hearing is shot. But the pwoofer is just so clean sounding, I'm hoping Dan can make it work

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

When I’ve finished modding my CCr [quoted image]

Is that an LE? How many plays?

1 week later
#6261 1 year ago

Someday, I hope to put this on our LE,,,,

20221031_125356 (resized).jpg20221031_125356 (resized).jpg
#6311 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I personally haven't "gone through" anything. I placed my deposit, because I want the game. I paid for the rest of the sale price when asked for it, because I want the game. Now I am patiently waiting for my game to ship while going on with the rest of my life, you guessed it, because I want the game. I have quite a few cares in the world, pinball ship times just isn't one of them.

I agree with you 100%. Have bigger issues to deal with than when our game ships, happier if it's sooner, but I have no control on that.

#6445 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Hey guys, I hope CGC can get these games out and make some well deserved money. I hope all is well at CGC from a business standpoint…people are speculating that everything is fine just as much as people are speculating something being wrong.
I really like CGC and I wonder if I buy another pin, will they hold my LE for a year until my supply chain of cash catches up..LOL.
Seriously, It seems all the comments are getting repetitive and it boils down to the following:
1. People are upset of having their hopes let down
2. CGC doesn’t need to come on Pinside and defend themselves
3. We all hope all is well at CGC from a business standpoint (we are obviously huge fans of them and hope they don’t end up like other great companies ie Sears)
4. CGC could handle the situation better with either a comment on their website or, better yet, communication through their re-sellers.
Can we please get this back to a positive thread?
I liked how people were brainstorming a way to make a Polly figure that would work on the tracks without obstructing the train. That one has me scratching my head. Several ways come to mind but I’m not sure if it’ll work without have the game in front of me. That’s the first thing I’m going to work on when I get my LE.

I have several little things sitting here waiting for our le, I think they will look great,,,, someday

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I’m still just trying to think of mods. This game has great potential for them. I wish I had the time to buy a 3D printer and learn how to use it well. I would do so much.

I made these when we had an se here. Have 2 other things ready, but can't test fit till le gets here

20221106_152643 (resized).jpg20221106_152643 (resized).jpg

#6586 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They look cool. I can imagine them lighting up with the flasher firing off.
LTG : )

They looked pretty dang good. I tried slicing a few in half to put on backboard, but can't get a clean cut

#6589 1 year ago

Easy, cheap domes from pinball life, cactus lights from Amazon. Someone early in the thread, way before all the crying started , did something similar

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!! I can’t tell but is there a potential for a fly ball in that area of the play field? It would knock that cactus right off its base. It would be so cool (I could see myself screaming “that was great!!“) but at the same time I hate to see such a waste of money/time.

They are the flasher covers, a ball will never make it up there. And if it did somehow, it cost about 2 bucks to make

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Looks like you have a side gig in the future! Pinball mods and Hay Farming sound like a good match to me!

#6637 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Use a bench disk sander and it'll be clean as a whistle

I tried, melted the crap out of them. We're not talking high quality cactus I was working with

#6640 1 year ago

Ya, I've been making things for a lot of years. Maybe I need a finer grit, only paper I had was pretty heavy. But, these lights are super thin, broke several just removing the cord from them. Good luck, send me a few if you're successful

#6668 1 year ago

Haha, I think the whining will continue. We sold our se after 1 week to get an le as well. I do understand the frustration, but not a damn thing we can do about it.

#6702 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t actually know there were 116 entries. But thanks for reading it. I should probably learn to say “check the FAQ” and not “read the FAQ” because I don’t actually expect anyone to read it straight through in one sitting (though I have received a number of appreciative comments from Pinsiders who have done just that).
The FAQ isn’t designed to be read all at once because the expectation is that most people will read the question or section they are interested in a the moment. And as someone pointed out the answers are collapsed so you aren’t forced to read everything to find the topic you want.
I don’t understand the comment about not following the format of other club threads - most don’t have FAQs and I don’t know of any others that actually use the Pinside FAQ markup. If by “doesn’t follow the format” you mean “doesn’t have an FAQ and people repeat frequently asked questions, sometimes within pages of each other and often on the same page”, you’re right because that’s exactly what I was hoping to reduce.
As we get more game experience/discussions and less “where’s my game?” some of the questions will be reduced/removed for space/new topics so it’s quite possible that a newcomer then will ask a question that used to be in the FAQ and it would be reasonable to answer it again.
Always open to suggestions on improving it, but I’ll respectfully decline to not reference it when it’s appropriate.
Some of the answers are lengthy by design. If you think there are some that are unnecessarily so, I’m open to edit suggestions. Ditto if you think some are past their usefulness. PM me.

Maybe the faq can be sorted by newest addition? Either way, great job on it as is.

#6752 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call).

Heard this as well. I'm thinkin Feb at best for them to reach west coast

#6769 1 year ago

#6879 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I think I've ridin the horse long enough..It's fun, don't take me wrong..it's just not as longlasting as my other pins I have now..My housmate still plays it.
Everybody's preferences are different on longevity! (I tend to go for the more 'serious' pins, outside of MMrLE and GotG, and Turtles..the rest are more serious) Maybe it's just a 'phase'.

What happened to the topper project? Wanna sell the Bart figure?

#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

LoL I honestly just have to figure out now how to explain to the wife how I just got a JP premium, Alien LE delivered a few months ago, just 2 weeks ago did a 12 hour road trip to buy back the Williams IJ that was one of my first full restorations, and now next week I have another pin showing up that she doesn't even know I pre-ordered. Actually I never even told her it was announced. My only saving grace will be that she really liked playing it at the PHOF.
Wish me luck!

Did you order from pps?

#6972 1 year ago

How many games a week can cgc make? Wondering when they will start to ship to other distributors.

#7051 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

How about if we talk about the game here and bitch about not having your game yet in the other thread?

I'm in!

#7072 1 year ago

What???

#7086 1 year ago

#7137 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is this really all the pics we are going to get? See this is why I should have gotten the game first. I would have sent way more pics.

No, I'd of annoyed the hell out of all of you with 100s of pics. I should of been first

#7172 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Going to Fedex shortly to pick up.....will post more pics as soon as I get it home and unbox.

Yes!! Detailed pics in the Bart area to see if any saloon door install mods have been made to the playfield. Please

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

The old guy gets the first game. Now for the topper.
[quoted image]

Easy on the old guy stuff!! Us old farts get to enjoy too.

#7202 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Metal standoffs look to be doing their job in my opinion.

Can you slide a card from top to bottom ?

#7208 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because I’m pretty sure it confirms information I was given which I promised not to disclose. Read what I have in the FAQ. There is enough info to figure it out. If someone puts the pieces together I’ll confirm whether that’s what I think it is or not.

My information did not come from CGC. But Ryan declined to disavow my theory at TPF so unless something has has changed I’m pretty confident that we will get saloon doors that aren’t Saloon Doors.

Hologram doors?

#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Art blades had plastic film to remove. Real nice gloss. Remember to protect them before lifting playfield if you can!

https://nitropinball.com/products/interior-cabinet-game-blade-protector-set
I never lift anymore without these. Worth the 35 bucks cuz I've damaged blades before

#7236 1 year ago

Who's gonna pull the glass and shoot us a topper video ?

#7281 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

yes, easily. other than the card hitting the metal standoff itself. But outside of the the leg is not touching the cabinet.

Great to hear that. We had an se briefly and it wrinkled

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. amazon.com link »

Good idea, can someone measure their # plaque so I can look for a replacement, if needed?

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Sorry for sending this thread down a new path.
Ordered two pieces of Voodoo for basically one PDI shipped. Time to get back to videos and pics this weekend and hopefully I get invoiced next week (never said that before).
Happy thanksgiving!

Who did you order from, need a few here as well

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, the interruption isn’t any worse than a 90’s video mode.
I agree that the topper may get old but I’d still rather have it than not. It’s not like the current topper mode runs all that often but it does add character to the game.

So you're implying that the Lyman code will have more topper integration?

#7405 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What I think would work better for the topper mode is this:
The led light bounces left to right on its own. Slow at first, picking up speed as the player hits each bad guy. Hit both flippers to "shoot" when the light is underneath a bad guy, still avoiding civilians.
I think the above suggestion would make the mode more exciting and build intensity as the led speeds up. As it stands now with the player moving the leds back and forth, it just seems odd. But hey, that's me.

I've never played the mode, so can you explain how you control? How do you fire? I understand left to right movement,,,

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

From the FAQ:
Hit the beer mug ten times then shoot the saloon (Big Bart) to start topper game play.
The number of beer mug shots required to start the mini-game can be set under in Adjustment G.24
Use the flippers to move the shot indicated by lights along the bottom of the topper left or right; hit both flippers to fire at the moving illuminated characters in the building windows. If you shoot a bad guy a skull and crossbones appear and the shootout continues; accidentally hit one of the good citizens of Cactus Canyon and it’s over!
See game play on the interactive Wild West Shootout topper when the topper is installed and activated and a demo on Topper Cam.

Thx, you need to remove 3/4 of faq, too much too look thru . Just kidding, I should of gone there first

#7507 1 year ago

#7529 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would have thought the same thing until I started getting PMs from people that wanted to share information but didn’t/don’t want to post it to the thread in part because they believe a small number of folks here will spin that info as a negative and/or slam CGC. Whether that’s fair or not, a number of folks seem to think that’s where we are.

Cmon, no one here is negative

#7613 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is one of the clues I’ve previously referenced. Others can be found on the playfield PCB. If you can imagine doors that aren’t Doors while thinking of time honored pinball mechanisms you may have a good idea of what to expect next year.

Doors that aren't doors, are drop targets?

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I thought of that too but it would require cutouts in the playfield.

I don't have a game to look at, but is there maybe an insert to remove/replace? No idea, just bored, cold, 9° here, waiting for our game

#7619 1 year ago

Used to love winter, now,,,,

20221203_130116 (resized).jpg20221203_130116 (resized).jpg20221203_130200 (resized).jpg20221203_130200 (resized).jpg
#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I see a few are complaining about the plate that comes with the LE and the quality. I will have some 0.5 x 1.5 inch plates made as examples so others can see if they like it as a possible replacement. Will post photos once done. Thank you.

Would love to see one with ropes or other western motifs on it, and I'll buy as soon as game arrives

#7625 1 year ago

Pistol on both sides would look good

#7626 1 year ago

Or font like this?

Screenshot_20221203_194224_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221203_194224_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7631 1 year ago

Where's our Cactus, Where's our Cactus???

Resized_20170927_180100_98704736827398 (resized).jpegResized_20170927_180100_98704736827398 (resized).jpeg
#7633 1 year ago

Judt buy them in bulk so you can replace them frequently to protect the playfield:
https://www.bcprecision.com/products/1-1-16-inch-chrome-steel-ball-bearings-g500?variant=6193283397
get them 25 or 50 at a time, your playfield with thank you.
replace the balls every 350-400 plays

I've always used precision balls, but had to return last 2 orders. Know a few others who have as well. First return was rusty, second was for sending the wrong ones, I ordered super shiny and recieved the dullest I've ever seen. Hope they get their act together

#7641 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Who is the good boy!? Does he love watching people play pinball like our dog?

Sam #5 loves the game room, has his own chair to sit in

#7643 1 year ago

I havent had any trouble with them, but I order 100-200 at a time.
Theres a couple other vendors I like too. Its just a matter of price.
I have bought them for as little as 25 cents a ball.
But I run them in my polisher with a little Flitz and them vacuum bag them 25 at a a time. This seems to preserve them forever.
They make them by the millions, I imagine they can set a long time and get rusty.
Im curious if you can request them to be shiny and not rusted?
I mean the picture looks very shiny?
All of mine have been really good.
If you have 10 or 20 games, 250 balls can get used up pretty quick if you play your games.

I'm not knocking them at all, have bought msybe 250 or more and always been perfect. But last 2 ordered were no good, so I ordered ninja and am very happy. But, I'll try prec again on nx order

#7700 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Where the hell is Richard's game! I wanna speak to the manager NOW!
[quoted image]
Ever notice most women who like to start shit are built like this?

Hey, that's my dog!! And he's a boy

#7779 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I totally agree with this quote. I've posted a few post on here that games won't be going out until next year, TZ I guarantee will be their next remake and the cost of the Lyman code. Every time I've done that...JFH will reach out to me and ask a lot of questions, comparing it to his information. He's a super nice guy but the issue I have....the information is only flowing one way. He'll never share what he's heard.

So what is the cost of the new code? I haven't seen any price.

1 week later
#8090 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Someone asked to the see the LE plate with the two guns. PM me if any questions. Thanks.[quoted image]

I'll be ordering one,,,,,,, someday

#8157 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Sorry I mistakenly thought this was the CCr owners thread where folks come together to exchange knowledge about the game, fixes, tips, pics (and sometimes a little frustration). I do hope you LE buyers get your games soon and I personally look forward to seeing what CGC games come out next as I am impressed with my SE (first ever CGC). I was really trying to liven it up with positive energy and posts, but not worth it as my blood pressure rises every time I check in. I am leaving the group but hope you guys realize from an objective POV this forum thread reads like a FB group with a bunch of angry Karen's.

It will still be a good thread, use the ignore feature to weed out the users that bug you. Personally, I laugh at all the posts, good and bad.

#8179 1 year ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

With pinball nowadays you must learn patience. I ordered an Elvira premium in July of 2021, still waiting, ordered a CCr LE last year when they came out. Still waiting. I will say Kudo’s to Stern on my Bond LE which I ordered release day and was told December and my game arrived last week, in December as promised, so Stern apparently can keep some of their promises some of the time. Although the code is a bit rough at the moment. I still think the CCr LE will be worth the wait, no sense complaining about something I can’t control. It’s only a pinball machine after all , not some life or death medicine or medical device.

Some here seem to think it's life or death

1 week later
#8404 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Enjoy the season with family and friends and look forward to the joy of playing Cactus Canyon in the new year!

Merry Christmas to you too jfh, keep up the good work on this thread, I appreciate the time and patience it takes.

#8419 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Good ol' "made in china" quality

Good time to replace em both

#8437 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Super impressed with the WizardMod speaker panel magnet and coin door decal! Very high quality material which perfectly matches the cabinet art package. The speaker panel magnet really is beautiful in person and a must have. Requires removal of the speaker plates for installation but it wasn’t difficult, 15 minute job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine are here waiting, stuck to the freezer in the garage. Still have not got any arrival update on game tho,,,

#8469 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Roger! Looks like he went with the decal. It is a little cheaper too it seems.

I have magnetic on rush, ehoh, gz and a set waiting here for ccle. It holds perfectly in place. Never tried the decal

#8548 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Found this at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. Double sided with 280/400 grits. The 400 made the already smooth side rail edge silky smooth, especially where my thumbs tend to rest on the glass/rail edge when playing. The 280 couldn’t smooth out the serrated edge. Almost like the metal was nicked in multiple spots. Will need to try a fine metal file to knock down the burrs, then smooth out. It’s a bummer part of QC doesn’t feel the edges. My 4 yo sliced her hand open yesterday because she grabbed the rail while watching me play from the side of the game. Doh! Heads up to anyone operating games on location.
[quoted image]

Good excuse to powdercoat it, tell your wife how much safer it will be

#8634 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Custom shooter plate looks pretty good.

Nice! Where did you find or did you make it?

#8645 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

Not sure but it seems like the aluminum shaft bushings make that much of a difference. It feels slightly more powerful than stock plastic bushings at +0 coil power and I have no problem making the center ramp even with a slightly sloppy shot. I didn't like the halographic pro aluminum flippers I paired with the bushings, so I sold them to Hayfarmer and went back to plastic flippers. This combo shoots smooth as butter in my opinion.

And I love them in acdc

#8716 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If you chose that number, I applaud you fren.

What's the significance or 107?

#8783 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, last week it was like 10 or 11 places getting 4 games each. 10+ is a lot more “normal” for the big guys from what I can tell. Hopefully we’ll see a steady stream here on out and no one will really care who gets what when.

Oh, I'll still care, at least until we get ours

#8913 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Has anyone ever lost their key to the coin door? I thought I had lost the keys to my CC this week, but ended up finding them. It got me thinking, what happens if they are lost. Can CGC send replacements or do you just have to get a new lock?

Take it off and replace with a thumb lock. Unless there's a reason to keep it locked

#8914 1 year ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html
Local hardware or RV will have them as well

#9014 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You'll hear recommendations for the keyless entry option. I'm not a fan as unless your lock cylinder is super tight or you never bump your coin door, it'll irritate you (and leave your games open to anyone you have over to fiddle with). If you bump your coin door, the catch on the cylinder drops from gravity and your door swings open. Usually mid game and usually during a great game.
My solution for overall ease and my own sanity (not even to protect against loosing keys), is to buy 20 (or whatever the max number of pins you'll ever possibly own at one time is) keyed alike double bitted lock cylinders. When I get a new pin, I swap in my cylinder and stash the one it came with in the coin box. When I go to sell it, I put the original back in and move my keyed alike one back into my stash for the next pin.
I bought all mine way back in the day from Terry from PBL. I just had to specify that I wanted all the same cylinder. The best part is that while I have 20 sets of keys (because each lock comes with 2), I only need 1 key that I have in a set location in my game room. If I loose that one, I have 39 more backup keys.

I use pinball life ones, have never had this issue 1 time. I have 4 grandkids, aged 3 to 11 and told them to not open door or else! . But , nothing wrong with your idea either.

#9041 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree ... even though the legs cover the missing decal , looks like crap! plus full decals have been going on games for years cant see why they would start this now, other than having to replace decal sets !

I'm beginning to think you'll never be happy

#9042 1 year ago

If it's covered by the legs, who gives 2 shits?

1 week later
#9347 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

#150 finally safe and sound at home! Thank you Nitro!

I need pics JD or I don't believe you

#9438 1 year ago

FWIW, I know 3 guys, not on pinside , who have recieved their LE games. So it's impossible to know how many are being shipped each week and in total.

#9441 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

But this will screw up #jfh records ? How will we know the build date and serial numbers ?

They quit pinside because of the stupid shit, like what's going on here. It gets tiresome

#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Crap if I knew this is how it was going to go I would’ve bought an SE. No amount of delay, deceit, or drama is worth a numbered plaque (p-touch label), some powdercoat, and a topper. I just want to play the game. And you’ll say, “then maybe that’s what you should’ve done”. However, then I’d be like all the rest who got crimped legs, low profile standoffs, wrinkled decals, and no answers as to why. Meanwhile watching the product change midstream for those who waited. It’s a no win situation. The ones in control of everything is CGC and they’ve been radio silent. LOL
[quoted image]

Still time to change, most distributors have se in stock now

#9544 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

They look even better when together with coin door magnet. LMAO
[quoted image]

Mine is decorating my safe

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from lou:

Does anyone make a speaker grill decal so CCR speaker panel has some artwork like the original?
Yes, I realize the original didn't have any artwork, but look at this picture from Dexter and notice
how the CC speaker panel stands out as missing next to the other machines in the fine lineup.[quoted image]

Here's my lonely magnet guarding my other toys

20230128_145848 (resized).jpg20230128_145848 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is anyone else thoroughly confused by CGCs choice to not powder coat the shooter housing on the LE. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I can live with the coin door, but this looks like crap.
[quoted image]

10 minutes with a paint can

#9877 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

CGC website shows it should be powder coated too.
[quoted image]

I actually think now, from this picture, it looks better silver. Looks unbalanced with silver star and gray shooter housing

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

This is email from cgc
I am glad that you received your CCr-LE game.
Your game did arrive correctly to you. It is supposed to have the Chrome
Shooter housing as well as the metal ball on the end of the shooter knob.
I did look at the photographs that are listed, and want to apologize as the
shooter housing appears to have been darker in the picture.
That was never shown on the game, and wasn't even in the prototypes.
Should you want to get your shooter housing powder coated, please reach out
to your dealer, and see if they can assist you in that.
Ryan White
Sales

Looks better chromed anyways, mirrors the star on left side

#9922 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

. WESTERN UNION
STAGECOACH ARRIVES FRIDAY NOON
#241 CHICAGO

That's awesome news!. Hope the package I sent arrives by then as well

#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where did the "basket" come from ?
LTG : )

Easy build with some 1" square tubing looks like

#9990 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

My children (6 and 4 years old) have lodged the complaint multiple times that there isn’t an actual Polly on the tracks. I put in a short term remedy. If someone designs a Polly sticker for that dead metal area at the end of the tracks, I’ll buy one and I’m sure others will too.
[quoted image]

Back alley creations will soon have a polly sculpt for sale

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I don’t really know where you could fit a sculpture over there without impeding the ball. I figure it has to be something flat.

They do incredible work, so I imagine it will be perfect. I have the tracks and cannon on Luci, im looking forward to adding polly to our game,

1 week later
#10266 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thank you Ballderdash and to those that have sent very kind PMs. My surgery went well but there is an unexpected complication that will require no weight bearing for at least 8 weeks. I have a couple more days in the hospital and then rehab before I go home. Probably no CCr playing for a while
Betson sucks. They are Kong of the industry and used to have ethics. Apparently not any more. Unless all the manufacturers (not just CGC) change their contracts there may not be much that can be done about price gouging. But this seems to be the most egregious example. To help others I will create an FAQ entry of suggested dealers to avoid with Betson heading the list.
Glad to see this may be resolved, that MrSanRamon is getting his game and that there are more getting shipping notices.
I may only be active in bursts for a while but look forward to seeing people get and enjoy their games. Please add suggestions for FAQ updates as appropriate and I’ll get to them when I can.

Glad you're feeling better, when my back or hip is hurting ( sucks bein old), I can play pretty good on a barstool. No weight bearing issues!

#10292 1 year ago

Talking to next level about Foo fighters, he waited till the end to say " oh, by the way, your ccle ships Monday "!.

#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Just picked her up today! About to play my first game!!
[quoted image]

" She's a beaut Clark"!!

#10428 1 year ago

Quoted from Ballderdash:And just think Richard-NBA-SF2 went another whole winter shoveling his path every day because his SE could arrive “any time now”. Lol. Sorry Richard.

And, he hasn't complained one time

#10502 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I finally put in the mirrored backglass and the new shooter rod.
I set the flipper power at -1, to try to stop the balls being rejected from both the waterfall and train ramps. The balls would hit the ramps and then fly up and bounce back.
Also the balls would smack the bad guy pretty hard. I suspect I'll need to get a spare bad guy head.
Robert
[quoted image]

Maybe go a bit steeper? We had a se for a bit,I was at 7°, had to turn power up a bit. I have precision flips here waiting for next week's arrival, im curious how they will feel.

#10503 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I finally put in the mirrored backglass and the new shooter rod.
I set the flipper power at -1, to try to stop the balls being rejected from both the waterfall and train ramps. The balls would hit the ramps and then fly up and bounce back.
Also the balls would smack the bad guy pretty hard. I suspect I'll need to get a spare bad guy head.
Robert
[quoted image]

I like the shooter, do you have a link? Thx

#10602 1 year ago

I love getting texts like this!!

Screenshot_20230308_150709_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230308_150709_Messages (resized).jpg
#10604 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Awesome!
Do you know what number you are getting?

Didn't ask, I know he got 4 tho. Last time I specifically picked a number I had issues. Now I just grab closest one

#10617 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Same!! I buy most of my games from Jordan. #349

Did you already pick up? I'm 225 Mile's each way, with snow every day predicted in Ellensburg, but headin that way tmrw anyways. Wonder if his #s are sequential or random,,

#10619 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Not yet, I plan on rolling through on Saturday. Ellensburg is a hike in the snow for sure, but it will be worth it! Not sure about his number sequence, I do know one of them has a lower number as it's someone that has matching CGC remake #'s

I dont mine driving in snow, but I have to pull a 16' enclosed trailer, because I'm trading in a game and can't risk it getting wet. Gonna suck getting 8 mpg, but, Friday night I'll be up and playing!!

#10634 1 year ago
Quoted from darquayle:

I just received my CCr LE number plate from pinballjah. Here's his original post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/183#post-7355273
And here are the before and after photos of it installed on my machine. Much easier to read than the original and the guns turned out great. Very happy with the result.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll be ordering tomorrow!!. Unless we get the 6" of snow forecast

#10650 1 year ago

Tomorrow night, when I bring cactus home, I'm putting this thread in a time out . Same banter over and over.

#10660 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats on getting your game! Did you take the day off to have a three day weekend?
I’m jealous because even though I have my game I’m in a hospital bed for the next 10 weeks unable to stand.

Damn, that's just not right!

#10662 1 year ago

Sucks gettin old, my hips are shot too, but not enuf for replacement,,,yet. Your game will be like new when you can hobble up to it

#10688 1 year ago

Long day, left at 6, pulling 16' trailer, 3" of new snow, went 5 miles, 8" of new snow truck wrecks everywhere, over 1 mountain pass with 12" new snow, across the Columbia River, 476 mile round trip, back home at 5:30, # 348 finally home. Tomorrow is mod day, I'm going to bed

20230310_062404 (resized).jpg20230310_062404 (resized).jpg20230310_064913 (resized).jpg20230310_064913 (resized).jpg20230310_082536 (resized).jpg20230310_082536 (resized).jpg20230310_082548 (resized).jpg20230310_082548 (resized).jpg20230310_111150 (resized).jpg20230310_111150 (resized).jpg20230310_144105 (resized).jpg20230310_144105 (resized).jpg20230310_191540 (resized).jpg20230310_191540 (resized).jpg
#10690 1 year ago

You're absolutely nuts man!! Glad you're safe, and congratulations, but damn... that's some determination right there!

I "only" had to wait 235 days, next level had a spot open up, so not as long a wait as most here, but I couldn't stay home knowing it was there.

#10700 1 year ago

I think his point was they are all flipping for a nice profit. Sad to see, I suspect cgc will dramatically raise prices like stern and jjp has on their next release so they can make that money

#10704 1 year ago

What pitch are you guys finding is best?

#10721 1 year ago

Precision flippers, blue perfect play rubber throughout, mirrored backglass, cactus flashers and a few cow skulls. Game plays great, only issue I had was a topper adjustment, thx to LTG that's fixed. Worth the wait for sure!

20230311_152029 (resized).jpg20230311_152029 (resized).jpg20230311_152041 (resized).jpg20230311_152041 (resized).jpg20230311_152043 (resized).jpg20230311_152043 (resized).jpg20230311_152047 (resized).jpg20230311_152047 (resized).jpg20230311_152059 (resized).jpg20230311_152059 (resized).jpg
#10722 1 year ago

Not an issue, but just poor placement. The zip tie where the pencil is pointing was twisted out and scratched the protective film on the art blades. I didn't trust it to not move again so I bolted it in. I didn't have my protectors in the first time I lifted , might wanna check yours

20230311_132857 (resized).jpg20230311_132857 (resized).jpg

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

What do the precision flippers do for the game? Easier aiming? Where did you get the cow skulls from? I looked on eBay and Amazon and didn’t find anything that small thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/527757541/old-west-dry-cattle-skull-miniature?click_key=d42eeba2caa5150d1138065acad4ad912ab74f8b%3A527757541&click_sum=6d332270&ref=hp_rv-1&sts=1

#10728 1 year ago

The precision flips are just that, more precise. I have them on all our games now, great product with really good service

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Your game look great! Where did you get the cow skulls and cacti from its fits perfect with the game?

Skulls from etsy, I made the cactus from a string of lights from amazon and flasher domes from PBL

#10751 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

From the seller on Etsy about all the cow skull orders lol. “I am wondering, just had a flood of these skulls being ordered, can yo tell me how you heard about it - seems like someone is chatting about them in a railroad modelers forum or something.... Any ideas?”.

I should request a royalty

#10753 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

You should! Can you share what you used to hang that skull in the back?

I used dbl back tape and cut a tiny strip of tin in a Z shape

#10764 1 year ago

Can't decide if our game was made on Feb 23d or March 4th

20230313_080417 (resized).jpg20230313_080417 (resized).jpg
#10779 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

How are you going to put it on hot glue ect?

I used double back tape, comes off easy

#10786 1 year ago

I like how easy it is to adjust the outlanes,I have 4 granddaughters ages 3 to 11, so I like to be able to adjust so it's easier for them and more enjoyable. But, on the se we owned earlier, I noticed it was chipping a bit around the slot. So I dremeled these petg washers out and works perfect.
Edit: sometimes I like game easier for me too

20230313_130112 (resized).jpg20230313_130112 (resized).jpg20230313_130140 (resized).jpg20230313_130140 (resized).jpg20230313_130909 (resized).jpg20230313_130909 (resized).jpg20230313_131516 (resized).jpg20230313_131516 (resized).jpg20230313_131529 (resized).jpg20230313_131529 (resized).jpg

#10792 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Pulp Fiction
9499 + Freight + Tax If applicable For Limited Edition - $2000 Non Refundable Deposit
7999 + Freight + Tax If applicable For Special Edition $1000 Non Refundable Deposit
Production Expected to Start In October of 2023

I haven't looked, is that a real production date? Or are you just,,,,,,

#10820 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

CGC company motto !

You're going to drive yourself crazy

#10836 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Game arrived yesterday! Just today put the backglass on. One side trim piece wouldn’t fit but fortunately I had a spare from pinball life on hand and it worked perfectly.
But I have a dilemma. The topper didn’t come with mounting screws as far as I can tell. What type of screws do I need?
[quoted image]

Look in the topper box again. They tape em in, easy to overlook. I did

#10856 1 year ago

Couple of fixes today, was getting rejects on shooter eject so bent the hood out about 1/8" , none since. Also put on some stiffer flipper springs, big upgrade I think. I don't know what they were, I had here from gnr. Same length as cc, just stiffer. Lastly, I made the mistake of putting the invisiglass from GZ in, and what a huge difference! Hope there's a sale coming up on that soon. If you have in another game, try it

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

Anyone know if a shooter lane protector is available for this game?

Cliffy and pin defender

#10888 1 year ago

Added a few moonshine jugs

20230316_150212 (resized).jpg20230316_150212 (resized).jpg20230316_154331 (resized).jpg20230316_154331 (resized).jpg
#11025 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Slight problem on mine because it seems it broke at the bottom and there is no thread to put a lock nut on.

Use a small post rubber ring, I did on scared stiff frogs and it never moved

#11028 1 year ago

Is anyone getting a lot of air balls shooting Bart? 30% or more good strong shots jump past and don't go into the vuk. I've turned flipper power all the way down, didn't help. Annoyance more than anything, I've had it land on the right ramp a few times as well,,,

#11033 1 year ago

Never had that happen, and I've had mine going on a year. Does your ramp flap look OK? Something is definitely off for that to be happening so often.

Looks fine, I was gonna see today if I can press it down a bit, been too busy playing to look

#11035 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

have a front decal myself with a little nick to it, it is barely visible but was considering re doing. I just noticed that the front decal is wrapped by the side panels, meaning that I have to either replace all 3 or cut at the corner (right angle) to make the front decal fit (how Stern does it)... I like how CGC does the decal more but at the same time not sure the juice is worth the squeeze here.
How difficult is to remove the glue after the decal is removed? any first hand experience?

You'll never be happy unless you sand it flat again. Every imperfection will show or cause an air bubble. It's more work than a guy thinks,, I know

#11038 1 year ago

To be fair, my decal experience is with older machines. When I removed the decals from an older Elvira machine it was a major undertaking. Perhaps the decals on a new machine would come off easier? The larger concern is preparing for the new decal. If the surface isn't perfectly smooth and clean, it will definitely show, and very possibly look worse than it was. It sounds like your situation is worse than the scratch on the other gentlemans backbox. In his case a set of Testors model paint, some color mixing, and a touch up would probably go unnoticed by anyone. But, then again, we all have different thresholds as to what we're willing to do for our pins

Same experience, have not tried on newer games

#11043 1 year ago

Never had that happen, and I've had mine going on a year. Does your ramp flap look OK? Something is definitely off for that to be happening so often.

Do you have a black bumper to the right of Bart? Mine does not,wonder if this is the issue?

20230321_091543 (resized).jpg20230321_091543 (resized).jpg
#11068 1 year ago

Mine registers probably 95%, and has never hit the glass once. I just put invisiglass on ehoh, and hit probably 20 times, I'll be putting some post rubbers on it tmrw .

#11129 1 year ago

Found a bison skull, matches the image on the backglass pretty close

20230325_124414 (resized).jpg20230325_124414 (resized).jpg20230325_124416 (resized).jpg20230325_124416 (resized).jpg
#11136 1 year ago

Received my plaque from pinballjah today, looks so much better than that cheap factory one, which peeled off easily with a dental pick. A huge upgrade in that great looking buckle

20230325_163519 (resized).jpg20230325_163519 (resized).jpg20230325_163707 (resized).jpg20230325_163707 (resized).jpg20230325_164850 (resized).jpg20230325_164850 (resized).jpg
#11143 1 year ago

I went with the bone, painted option. Was $22, but for a few dollars more, it's still a cheap mod that really looks like it came from the factory.

#11145 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

How did you mount it?

I cut a 1/4" wide piece of tin, bent into a Z shape, dbl back tape, then after mounting, bent to angle I liked best

#11166 1 year ago

I'm still getting airballs off to the right of Bart, I've turned flipper power down to where I can't make a ramp, then turned back up the minimum. I'm at 7.2°, dead level, tried biasing to the left, I cut zipties to give the Bart mech a little more room to move to the right.. Tried a rubber dot, but it made it worse. Any ideas?

#11178 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The “train derailment”-gate lol (I had to) is exactly why having CGC active in the thread would be helpful. Seems like the track could be an easy fix but if this is a new issue and something can be changed on the line CGC should know.

Issues like this will be fixed here, not by cgc. I'm sure an easy fix, maybe a shield or post.

#11194 1 year ago

See, now there's how you tell your age without actually telling your age, lol. I remember that show as well. Shit, I'm getting old....

Hell, I was old when it was on

#11196 1 year ago

But see, you're old and accept it. I'm "getting" old and just realizing it a little more every day.....lol

I'm not accepting, I'm fighting it, that's why I buy stupidly priced toys to pretend I'm 16 again

#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I was under the impression that the Beer stein hit was hard coded at 10 and not changeable. I was bummed when he said that in the demo thinking it would be cool lower until you are up to speed with the game flow.

Nope, you can lower it in the settings, I have ours on 5 hits just so we can play it more often

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

I set mine on 5 hits for now. will probably increase it as the family gets more familiar with the game. The manual indicates you can not change subsequent required hits for another gunfight.

What's a good score on the mode? I've gotten to 18 twice, usually 14 or 15. No idea on why it stops tho, cant tell good guys from bad when I'm playing

#11259 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Bunch of CC gulps done. If you’re interested on me.
[quoted image]

Very nice, what's the price?

#11336 1 year ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

#269 checking in. Everything is great except for some massive flipper hop on both flippers. Makes trying to actually make a shot nearly impossible unless you trap up every time. I've attempted some flipper adjustments but nothing helps. I guess I'll try to find some less thick rubbers and less anyone else has a better idea.

I tried low bounce titans, were terrible, dead feeling. Perfect play were way too bouncy. Standard titan feel the best to me

#11465 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

My CCRSE is being delivered today.
What flipper rubbers does everyone recommend? Titans, superbands, low bounce?
Also what is the verdict on the speakers in CCR - decent and worth keeping or should they be upgraded?

Stock flipper rubbers are good, but not good looking. I tried perfect play and wayyyyyyyyy too bouncy. Titan low bounce are just terrible, almost felt like cheating, no bounce on every catch, they shot good tho. Finally settled on titan standard in blue, good feel, looks good too.

#11470 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Finally in the house...how doesn't this game ship with non glare glass..
Without searching the whole thread. Yellow/black topper wire is to short. I had to pull out of the harness clamp and cutoff the wire ties to reach the topper harness
..is this correct ?
[quoted image]

Had to do same, and I bought invisiglass. That's how they keep the price low, not all people care about glass.

#11526 1 year ago

Had some 44 mag brass , drilled and tapped em, about a 5 minute job

20230408_191112 (resized).jpg20230408_191112 (resized).jpg20230408_191336 (resized).jpg20230408_191336 (resized).jpg
#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Simple and I like that. Might make its way into my game!

It bugs me that the apron has 44 or 45 caliber guns, but with .380 bullets scattered by

#11580 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Debating on whether to swap rubbers for transluscent or do a yellow/orange theme...or even some variation of (I think the 2 1/2" would definitely benefit with transluscent to add a little more light towards center). Any thoughts? Want to brighten it up a bit and replace the blacks either way.

I went with blue looks nice, but will switch to translucent at some point, on all our other games.

#11631 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Another option if the grooves are out of spec would be to have custom glass cut for your machine. Maybe CGC would cover the cost rather than try to fix the cabinet?

Then no way to put in invisiglass, which helps a ton on this game.

#11646 1 year ago

Currently, I have 2 stern le glass, 1 jjp glass and 2 voodoo glass. I know which are which from the sticker placement, but no one else can see any difference. The voodoo I got from a friend is as good as jjp or stern. I've swapped them all on CC and see no difference

#11686 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can anyone tell me at what point of the game does the mine entrance go up and down several times in a row. I was pretty sure it did befor but I just put the mezel mods sign on and it doesn’t seem to do that rapid up and down but in the game
The mine does move in switch test and at points during the game but not the rapid up down.

I believe in mother lode?

#11797 12 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any else getting some coil noise? My left gunfight uppost is much louder than my right. I've already taken it apart to check for an issue, or broken coil sleeve or something...reinstalled it tight. I even added some neoprene "buzzkill" washers on both top and bottom of the coil but still getting noise. Not the end of the world but I'm a bit OCD.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Both of mine loud as hell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.