(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2943 1 year ago

My CCr SE landed in my house this last Thursday. Serial #1802 build date June 3rd ‘22. It’s beautiful and plays even better. I’m currently on a big mission to fabricate my own replica topper (anyone else on this mission??), even if it’s missing the interactivity and the center figure. But stoked!! Looks great next to my X-men Magneto LE , among others

1FF080D7-2C5D-4841-A921-79F04E75DF10 (resized).jpeg1FF080D7-2C5D-4841-A921-79F04E75DF10 (resized).jpeg7BBF43EE-5407-4F9F-B5BB-A225CCCAD66D (resized).jpeg7BBF43EE-5407-4F9F-B5BB-A225CCCAD66D (resized).jpeg94F48514-B846-4DB5-8000-32C5D9FDCB31 (resized).jpeg94F48514-B846-4DB5-8000-32C5D9FDCB31 (resized).jpeg
#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Two (linked?) NBA Fast Breaks. Very cool. If you want toppers try to get the originals for those. That would be awesome.

Yeah, but unfortunately they aren’t linked yet, despite my attempts. Chips replaced/added. Still scratching my head on that one.

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That is funky fresh - I want to go hang out at King Henry's Arcade!

Anytime man! If you ever come up to the PNW, hit me up! This is only half of my arcade. I have 8 more pins down in the ArcadeBunker, among a slew of vids.

1 week later
#3353 1 year ago

Issue popped up on my SE last night...it’s doing a ball search, and will not start a game. I’ve emptied the balls, and reinserted the 4...a ball seems like it got stuck, in the upper left part of the playfield, but now it keeps searching..I’ve reached out to my distributor and waiting to hear back..because I don’t want to fiddle with it too much before I get warranty help. Just a headsup, and a bummer, since this is my first new machine. I even did a factory reset.

1 week later
#3784 1 year ago

Extra Cacti!!! $17 for the whole set on Amazon. More cacti not pictured. And not silly looking.. Adhered by command strips and trimmed. Looks trick. Got the train tracks from mezel mods ..they are nicer than the plain brown ones. And just installed the shaker motor! Doing my own topper as well..still in the works. Going to have a tumbleweed on a pulley, between the top art I’m making (going to send the art in to signs. Com to make a 28” wide vinyl sticker, to backlight. Train track is going. I bought an O scale steam locomotive but i may trash that idea. OH, I used my own king henry logo on the bottom lcd screen. Meesa likes it

1F642169-D4CC-48D0-ACFD-B234A63A0BB5 (resized).jpeg1F642169-D4CC-48D0-ACFD-B234A63A0BB5 (resized).jpegA01DF484-6A78-490C-A306-BB4A5E846727 (resized).jpegA01DF484-6A78-490C-A306-BB4A5E846727 (resized).jpegA4E5B8E7-B4DD-4245-AE3E-9878DACFF96C (resized).jpegA4E5B8E7-B4DD-4245-AE3E-9878DACFF96C (resized).jpeg

BDC964F5-D984-4ABD-BC2E-7FDDBFB1A49C (resized).jpegBDC964F5-D984-4ABD-BC2E-7FDDBFB1A49C (resized).jpegEA688C8E-444C-4669-8FBF-3CCC5B898F3A (resized).jpegEA688C8E-444C-4669-8FBF-3CCC5B898F3A (resized).jpeg
#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Prototypes for a topper I’m working on. This one is printed FDM - the final will be Resin or sculpted so it will have no lines. One or both arms will have motion. And the hat will have motion as well….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is badass, pm me your progress!? Is it going to work similar to the oem topper? If so, sign me up! Mine is way different but I really do want that damn factory topper lol

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Did that require you to buy a card, or does the game already have one and you dump the file on it? I'm sure its documented but figured I'd ask

I dumped it on an sd card. Had to format fat32 and actually read the monster bash manual, as the CCr manual doesn’t include the details anymore. Just make sure you have the resolution correct for logo and attract , and named correctly, 24bit windows .bmp and it should work

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Believe they've crossed 750 SE by now, based on some serial #s I've seen.
Talk about milking the SEs. 9 months and no LEs yet. Other companies have navigated the supply chain hurdles, what's CGC's excuse?

“The Topper Syndrome “

#3820 1 year ago

Probably a misprint..SE most likely..let us know though!

#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Nice to hear this game will be great. I’ve only played it on location and the sound is always low and I’m always like meh. All my games are loud for that immersion experience . Hopefully I will enjoy the game in the home environment when it arrives.

I had the same concerns. Especially at a convention. But at home, this things rocks harder than most of my lineup..much better xp all around, at home. Mikey is gonna like it

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hook a sub woofer to it, helps a ton

I will, but I already have a shaker motor
Game changer and it really thumps!

#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Very happy with how this turned out. While I had things apart, I installed the mirror blades and the Laserific topper, complete with the town, courtesy of another group member.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! My main beef with my SE is the chrome. Yours looks way better, and I know it looks way better in person. I will go with a more rust color (if I don’t sell/trade for an LE spot-anyone out there?), but I know you had spare extra powder-I think it’s a great look. Good job

#4079 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put protectors on and they just dented the decals out further. Then tried the machine head screw and added 3 washers to boss it out a bit more, but it still touches at the top of the leg. I think this will work perfectly, but just sold my se, waiting for our le to arrive.
[quoted image]

Yeah I was going to post that using plastic leg protectors *could* potentially amplify the spacing problem. I got to mine, with the hex-screw fix, just in time; just a few tiny wrinkles in the artwork, but still out of sight (within the leg section). This ! Should be put in the FAQ, or a bulletin from CGC or pinside, NOT to try and fix this problem with plastic cab protectors. Use the hex screw fix, at the least.

#4247 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ryan commented in this very thread about the leg issue:

And CGC doesn’t know the identity of the end buyers.

Well, at least those who filled out their warranty cards, and mailed or onlined the reg.

#4248 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Copying another pinsider, cant remember his name, but I think they will look good on the flashers
[quoted image]

Where can I get these!!??

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from tripp:

Hayfarmer's handy work here.
I think that they look great. He drilled the hole in the dome and then used a dremel tool to make it so that the cactus fits really snug so there's no need for glue.
As with most every Pinball mod, they look better in person then in a picture.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m doing this soon. They came in today. I just don’t have spare, green flasher domes. But he’s (and everyone else) got to do this! It looks really nice and not tacky. Really fills out the desert scene ..again, looks better in person. Amazon cacti set $18. Others not shown.
0DB03BE7-97B3-4686-A575-3E8278EF9738 (resized).jpeg0DB03BE7-97B3-4686-A575-3E8278EF9738 (resized).jpeg5CBA2ACD-9D9E-4DFF-BA6E-496977794229 (resized).jpeg5CBA2ACD-9D9E-4DFF-BA6E-496977794229 (resized).jpeg

#4333 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Having a weird issue with my cactus canyon. The game will intermittently prematurely end the game. The ball will go down the trough, adds up the scores and then the game seems to struggle to push a single ball out, usually pushing out two or three balls at a time. I checked all the connections and I saw the plug to the board that is connected to the trough slightly loose, rectified that, but this issue is still occurring. Have about 80 plays on the game.  Anyone else?

Probably not related, but trying to give some perspective on an issue I had..the machine wouldn’t start a game, even when switched to freeplay..and some other things weren’t working..I talked this over with a tech at Next Level, and one of the fuses had blown (don’t remember the slot #). Anyways, since it was a call, and no way to personally see it, I just replaced the fuse, and it’s been perfect ever since..I suspect that not all fuses are created equal (which is true), and a new one had better tolerance I bet..it’s been great for 3 weeks now. So check fuse tolerances? IDK, just trying to help.

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

There are definitely some magicians at Next Level . Jordan has some amazing technicians there

Yeah Charles was great. In fact, I was pulling the hair out my bald head on my NBA Fastbreaks, to link, and he informed me the 40 pin chips that Jameco sells are bad, or at least don’t work in these. Ordered from Marco and BAM! Works and have two linked NBA’s now

#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

joined the club today. great fun.
enjoyed my time down at Next Level as well, great place, nice people.[quoted image]

Dang! That was a long haul! Enjoy!!! It’s really a blast to play.

#4349 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah a standard metal spacer on the cab and a plastic protector will get that sorted in a jiffy.
If you don't want to use a plastic protector, some mild heat from a hair dryer and a decal applicator from outer edge gently pushing towards front corner may flatten the decal, be gentle though.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hmm. I did the same approach, but it looks like you got that too hot?? Looks discolored. I used a hair dryer but very causiosly ..i did the hex bolt mod, but my front right leg is still digging. Will fix that and use light heat and the spreader tool to fix. But already made a ticket to cgc

#4353 1 year ago

Asking here because this is my first new machine by anyone. When should I do the first wax job on the pf and ramps? Currently at around 140 plays. House is fairly’ dust-free..fairly.

#4358 1 year ago

Got the plastic led Cactus lights, and threw a couple on the flasher domes, but also put them on the speaker grills! Doesn’t seem to affect the sound negatively (the sound is kinda muffled anyways) what do you guys think? I used command strips on all the cacti. Doesn’t hurt the machine.

0D9826ED-FD7F-4F1B-85CD-6CBC57826BED (resized).jpeg0D9826ED-FD7F-4F1B-85CD-6CBC57826BED (resized).jpeg
#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

This was making me laugh so much I had to trap and gather my wits: [quoted image]

Hat’s off to owning an SE ! I wanted the LE so bad, hell, even an SE+, but honestly enjoying the machine I have in front of me. Will I miss the topper? Yes. Will I miss my SE if I sell to get a +\LE spot? Yes. Dilemma for all of us? Yes!

#4404 1 year ago

Anyone else throwing support tickets out for the low/slightly muffled sound output? It’s not a deal-breaker, but I have to say that I have other, older pins that sound better. Volume at 20-22. Or is this just the way it is?

#4445 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I think customs has been playing it. They’ve had it for months so it must be fun!

Lmao!

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It really doesn’t matter all these discussions. I LOL reading all this whining/posturing from the keyboard warriors.
Reminds me of my kids with “Are we there yet?” Lol
Throwing fits and demanding updates won’t accelerate things. This is so much like MMrRE from 2020. To those who aren’t familiar go read the MMr thread. The situation/complaining is so identical it’s mind boggling. To those who want to spend on something else but worry about having money when the game is available: if you can’t afford both another temp game AND CCr when it does come out then you can’t afford it so don’t do it. Cue next tantrum.
Yes I know I’ll get all the “but it’s disrespectful and unprofessional to be silent” bullshit from the top complainers. You folks really need to take a step back and get your emotions out of it. Any manufacturer needs to sell product to make money. They want to sell ASAP. They’re not being obtuse on purpose or for kicks. And please stop with the “but I’m spending 5 figures on this blah blah blah”. Get over yourselves. We all are spending the same amount. Some of us are mature about buying an entertainment TOY. Some are not. “I want it NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW!!!” Lol
If they don’t provide estimates maybe it’s because they don’t have any themselves for the missing parts.
You know that even if we got weekly updates telling us “not yet”, the bottom line doesn’t change: You can wait for your game, or you can sell your spot.
Cue the downvotes.

This is definitely an upvote! Thank You for spelling this out the correct way. Some people (or a lot) are just prone to wining, like their kids (or just being spoiled like one!) You are right; CGC isn’t playing games, they are working their asses off to get games to their customers. It doesn’t help them if they can’t move them. Biz 101. “Ease down Ripleys, you’re just grinding metal”

#4647 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Hell I would have spent that grand on beer by now and had nothing to show for it, so it was a good investment so far

That was fukin hilarious, and I can relate. ‘Forum is lit, and so am I!”............................................. (Although playing my SE atm ).

#4692 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I hope you're right! We bought an SE on a whim and now absolutely love it. If an LE comes available in time, (without a huge mark-up to the MSRP) I'd gladly sell my SE to help fund the upcharge to an LE.

+1000 here!

#4779 1 year ago
Quoted from aslong132:

If anyone is interested in the Brian Allen Acrylic Limited Edition Backglass for CCR message me. I’m selling mine, I received the mirrored back glass and gonna stick with that.

Yeah the mirrored ‘is the way’ imo. Although It doesn’t reflect as nice as I imagined, when the backbox lighting is on. Mirrors rely on ambient room reflections to make the effect ‘effective’. But it’s really nice though!

#4780 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Right I gota say I've had unbelievable bad luck I swear I've had more problems then the rest of this thread put together and still under 200 plays! On the bright side so far all I can find wrong is the the blue interactive lights are down. Gona fill out a ticket and just keep playing!

Maybe they built your game, first one on a Monday.

#4781 1 year ago

367B2D6A-5103-4F45-8809-16CAEAD691C5 (resized).jpeg367B2D6A-5103-4F45-8809-16CAEAD691C5 (resized).jpeg630EF593-A1DF-40BA-B773-D33D940971B1 (resized).jpeg630EF593-A1DF-40BA-B773-D33D940971B1 (resized).jpeg786D71F9-3923-493C-A7AF-B76440EC1EDC (resized).png786D71F9-3923-493C-A7AF-B76440EC1EDC (resized).pngE6B63B16-4C39-4BDE-B548-F7AF3E3C7D05 (resized).jpegE6B63B16-4C39-4BDE-B548-F7AF3E3C7D05 (resized).jpegFA78765C-A795-494F-8C80-6E339686F53B (resized).jpegFA78765C-A795-494F-8C80-6E339686F53B (resized).jpeg
#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Cool carpet! Is that from Joy? They made my theater carpet. [quoted image]

Yep Joy Carpets. Funny thing is, is that I had my home theater (like yours..won htotm in ‘14 on avs forum..also did the theme song to the HTG show lol). Anyways converted my theater room to an arcade. 1st floor (shown) plus basement. I’m movied out’ after doing all that since 1990. I miss my JVC DLA-X570 though. She was a beaut.

#4799 1 year ago

I buy 50 mirror finish balls on eBay from the same seller each time.. $65 shipped ain’t bad. But I go through them faster than before-up to 16 pins now !

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Care to share the link? I've bought some pinballs off ebay before, and they were awful quality.

Well, don’t take my word, but these work good for me. Here’s what I bought.. ebay.com link: itm
Granted, I give them a quick wipedown before throwing them in a machine (I do that with all pinballs). I’m sure there’s better balls, but for $54 shipped, I ain’t bitchin

#4819 1 year ago

Yeah but I have a lot of machines that have magnets. Any xp guys on ninja balls getting magnatized faster than normal? I have about 7 machines with big magnets.

#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep, exactly. But connected to what power source?

Probably a safer bet to add an external power strip, with wall warts, to put all light mods/spots on the machine. #1 reason I say this...WARRANTY. Ymmv!

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Any official word from CGC on leg gate along with the customers who have had sound issues? or are they radio silent on both topics?

Ditto on sound issue. Issued a ticket, and no word back on that one.

1 week later
#5038 1 year ago

Awesome story! And nice flip btw!!

#5120 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s not perspective. That’s your opinion. And a debatable one given other manufacturers code update timelines.
Also, most games are not designed from scratch. Code for CCr took longer because CGC/Lyman rewrote the OS and the original code was rewritten in assembler - in part to allow for future code extensions.

Almost certainly unless CGC hires dedicated resources to complete the Josh/Lyman code. (Josh is not a programmer). Without that, any time Sam and the CGC team spends completing Lyman’s work takes away from any other projects on their plate.

No. There are multiple projects underway. There isn’t any “down” time other than that already planned for future runs of past products (e.g. MMR 2023 run).

OT, but anyone out there can honestly verify IF Medieval Madness will see production/shipping in 2023 before I fork out 13K on a used LE???? The 13K question lol
On Topic. Played the old code with old dots and liked it. Well, one thing that DEFINITELY needs to be carried into the current code is the train whistle!!! That’s so badass, and surprised that didn’t carryover to the finished code!

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any luck finding an le, se+, or a buyer for your se? Better hurry and sell so you don't miss out!

I have a guy coming to buy it this weekend (in theory). Then try and land an SE+ spot. Or hell, just hang onto the cash for a while ..if it wasn’t for this blasted topper, I would be ignorantly happy lol.

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would never bet the farm on the availability of a NIB game. If you want an MMr now, get it. If you want a new one whenever sell the used one. I want a new AFMr. But bought a used one this month so I wouldn’t lose out by waiting for something I may never get.

Wise words!

#5143 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got my mirror backglass today from gameroom guys. Looks like fedex failed once again. Maybe I can get a replacement or my money back.
[quoted image]

I’m sorry, but you don’t ship mirrors in a thin cardboard box, with no padding around it. Unless it got pulled out before you took the pic? I know my cc mirrored backglass was shipped very safely. Call me out, but that looks like it was just waiting to break on the first ‘toss’.

1 week later
#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Been having an issue where on of the eddy sensors under the left ramp falsely trigger under vibration. Resulting in 65x combos etc.
I inspected the solder joints for cracks and shirts and don’t see any evidence of that. Is it possible that one of them has gone bad? Any idea where to get a replacement?

Lol I didn’t know these new machines still had eddies. But I do know that the original bally/Williams eddy switches were/are adjustable via a small flathead setscrew. And adjusted when rolling a ball over the playfield, and finding the sweet spot, looking at the red led to trigger

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from retropins:

My mirrored backglass arrived today. It looks amazing! I like that the backglass has Bally on it. It is definitely worth the money and was easy to put on!

Yeah it is really nice. I was hoping though, that the mirrored look more prominent that it is, while the game is on. But can’t win them all! Of course the mirrored parts require ambient lighting in the room to actually make a difference, and I play in a bat cave.

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+![quoted image]

this, my friend, is VERY BADASS. Looks like the best ore cart yet..I absolutely love the iron pirite? or whatever rocks you have in there..I really need to get a 3D printer now..I could save SOOOO much money by making my own shit. And this is the last straw of inspiration to make the transition! Plus, I want to repro some playfield parts (star posts, etc) and thirst my endless modding fix. (I'm currently making an alternate topper for CC..my artwork is being printed next week, onto translucsent film, for an upper backbox..)

#5308 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+![quoted image]

my only critique here, is that the wood part should be a little lighter in color, to match the lighter 'wood' in the game..but maybe that's just me!

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Maybe, I’ll have to figure that out. I might try that Quake putty. I might put in a false bottom and just a few stones on top to lessen the weight. Also need to figure how to secure the stones. A few dabs of hot glue perhaps.

Will share the topper when its done. And yeah, weight is a serious thing to consider for the mineshaft motor in the machine. I would use as little hidden rock as possible, and keep the top layer of course. You could fill the bottom with anything lightweight, like a styrofoam block or something better. Then hot glue all of that together.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you aren’t happy with CGCs response (or lack thereof), follow up. Anyone who opens a ticket deserves appropriate updates and status. “No response” is unacceptable. If no solution is offered state what you want to make it right.

We got a general response, right afte we made our ticket, but that was about a month ago...nothing, ziltch from then on. I'm wondering how long CGC is going to hold this 'Grand Pause', and surprise us all with arms wide open..pretty interesting with such a delayed response..they are probably 'deer in the headlights' at this point.

#5334 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What if someone were to 3d print a cart with the cart "filled" so to speak. Then instead of painting the "filled gold" part, you brush some adhesive on it, and sprinkle with gold glitter or something similar?

I think you could get away with a small layer of real rock. But that’s about it. For long gevity of the lid motor (sp).

#5376 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Lol. Thanks. Basically I think there’s a hardware flaw on these and unless someone at Texas Instruments can get real creative I don’t know that there’s a work around. The engineers at CGC are going to have to look into what I described above but since it’s an off the shelf chip and not CGC proprietary code, they will have to get testing and input from TI which I’m guessing has told CGC to “get in line behind everyone else”, hence the long wait for a response to CCr customers. But again, IDK. I was bored.

thanks for using some of your 'dangerous' knowledge and to map this audio section a bit out! To me, it seems like (and gathering what you have noted) that the preamp stage is the fault here..would be interesting to compare this board with another CGC remake (MB, MM, AfM) to see what kind of shortcuts (ok don't thow stones! maybe it's just a manufacture defect-CGC doesn't make these anyways) or mishaps went into CCr audio circuits vs the predessesors ..Remember the good 'ol days when you could swap roms and have a totally different game? lol.

#5380 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Defiantly possible
There was an issue on some of the early Alien machines that went out. Sound was quiet and muffled and it turned out one of the speakers and the subwoofer were reversed in the plug.
Maybe someone with good sound and someone with bad sound can post a picture of their speaker out plugs on the board and follow the wires to the L and R speakers and see if they match up.

oh, that would be 'too' easy of a fix..come on man..we need to keep sh*t difficult here!

#5383 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

FYI the mods I have made for the original CC also fit on the remake.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485
I don't sell them myself, you order them at shapeways and either paint them yourself or get them painted by someone (in the other CC thread someone found someone on etsy I believe to paint them).
In the beginning I thought of selling and painting them myself or searching mod makers to do this, but as the quality is not guaranteed I did not follow this path, only at shapeways you can buy the 3D printed parts.

yeah, these are cool..I was going to buy your set a week ago, but just had neck surgery..and spent too much on pinball stuff lately..I will order these, probably next month!

#5387 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

CGC has made it clear that my new CCrSE cannot accommodate their upcoming interactive topper. So, I'm asking a designer to build me a non-interactive one. The question came up about about lighting it. Yeah, I could run a separate power line for it to an outlet, but I really want it to operate with the CCr on/off switch. I've done this before with a new Stern pin via an open USB port in the backbox: It could not have been easier. However, I looked into this backbox and found no such port. I could not determine: where I could tap in; what voltage I could use/spec; and if I had to go into the cab for a power source, where would be a good place to connect. Also wondering if this might void CGC warranty. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

I can't help you on the connections, as this is my first NEW machine..the older B/W DE Sega etc machines were super easy to tap into GI or flashers, etc..BUT my reason for responding, is I'm doing the SAME THING; making a custom topper that will be animatronic cowboy, and my custom photoshopped image I just had printed (to be back lit)..I still have to make the topper box..but the design is already in place..it's going to be epic!

IMG_9077 (resized).jpegIMG_9077 (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.31.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.31.41 AM (resized).png
#5442 1 year ago

question..does the manual, or any CGC info online, tell us what the EXACT dimensions are for the legnth and width of the top of the backbox? I'm so done with tape measures..I'm trying to make a topper that is exactly the same size as the top. I know, silly question, but there's no such thing..lol.

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

28 3/4" by 9 15/16ths"
LTG : )

many thanks!..That's what I initially thought..probably measured wrong and/or cut wrong, lol. I just had neck surgery, so there!

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I have an SE and would like to order the mirrored back glass. My distro (Flip N Out) informed its customers in July that it wouldn't handle these, but we could instead order directly from PPS. I had to opt in and have my info sent to PPS, who would contact me directly for the order. It's been 2 months I haven't heard from PPS. Zach has confirmed that my info was sent to PPS, and I emailed PPS last week to check but have heard nothing.
Just checking to see if anyone else is in the same boat, and if this sort of wait time is expected. I've seen many photos/reports of the mirrored back glass on this thread, but I gather they are a bit slow when it comes to things like this.

I had to really pull nails to get my backglass from my distro..so it wasn't necessarily 'easy' to get my mirrored BG. But it worked out..I suggest putting a tad bit more pressure on your distributor, who is responisble (apparently) for communicating to PPS to get these orders achieved. In my case, it worked out great, but it took some work.

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I will be donating a 100 bucks to Lymans wife when I upgrade no matter the cost. It’s not that often a person gets a chance in life to help out after a tragedy, and here is a great opportunity to do that. Seeing a out pouring of support from pinsiders would be awesome. I am asking others to join me when this rolls out!

Quoted from dog:

Did you know Fosters is export only, you can’t buy it in Australia.

that's pretty strange..but YOU ARE NOT MISSING MUCH. FOSTERS IS C R A P lol. Maybe Australia is trying to protect their people buy making it export only..

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Ryan from CGC called me directly and explained to me that the audio issue is a non-issue. He stated that after complaints that MBr was too loud that CGC intentionally lowered the output so that volume 21 on CCr is the same as AFMr at 8. Ryan said that my ticket is closed. I said ok but would really like to play someone else’s game so I don’t feel like I’m crazy. Because I feel crazy.

SO, now that the rabbit is outta the hat, this does explain something, on an A/V level of thinking (and since I am/was a big H/T nut). For example, if you plug in an iPod to your home stereo, you essentiallly have 2 volume controls; one at the ipod, and one at the amplifier. If you turn down your output device too low (ipod) and try and overcompensate with the amplifier, the sound will be 'thinned out, and distorted'. There's just not enough signal input for the amp to amplify. I see this could be EXACTLY the case when they decided to lower the volume on CCR (which, imo, was TOO MUCH OF A VOLUME DROP). You lower the preamp stage too much, then you really don't have enough meat on the bone' to amplify, therefore having a thin, distorted output. just my HT head kicking in here.

#5536 1 year ago

this was my comparison when it arrived that day..the mirrored BG actually needs a bit of ambient light in the room, to show the mirrored effect more, but it's still very nice!

IMG_8805 (resized).jpegIMG_8805 (resized).jpeg
#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

CCr is the only remake I own, but my CCr at 8 is a bit louder than my WPC games at 8. There's definitely an issue with yours & it seems like Ryan was just pushing you off. I don't have any direct experience with CGC customer service/warranty, but this would irk me.

what's your serial number? mine definitely has the issue, and mine is #1802 or 1804..somewhere in there. We should start compiling serial numbers in conjunction with auio issues/non-issues, and see if there was a particular point in production where this happened..and honestly, this isn't work that 'we' shouldn't have to do..it's really silly CGC doesn't hear the voice of its' people. It's frustrating b/c it's such a great product...so close..but no cuban cigar.

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not directed specifically at you KING-HENRY just owners in general:
If you have a problem, open a ticket with CGC support. If it’s closed and you disagree with the resolution, escalate. This thread is good to raise awareness of potential issues but complaining here or passively sitting back if you have a problem hoping that others will report it or just assuming CGC will do something doesn’t help anyone.
There could be multiple issues here. How many tickets on audio issues have there been? (I don’t know). Are they related? Hardware? Software? Working as designed?
I’m glad to be a focal point if people want to send me details of their tickets. I’m not shy - if there are problems that aren’t getting addressed I’m happy to follow up. However - like many “problems” it’s more perception than reality (I was surprised at how few tickets were opened on the leg issue. Posts here made it sound like hundreds).

You assumed I didn't already create a ticket on this I guess. I did, about 2 months ago..and no response or resolution from CGC.

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you miss the “not directed at you” part?

no I didn't miss that..I'm just trying to keep my reputation squeeky-clean, lol.

#5625 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Attempted to compare the audio on the games using an app. Averages 83 to 87 on all the games regardless on volumes 8 and above for AFMr and MMr. CCr set at 8 is about 70. I don’t trust the app. Not at all accurate. MMr at 21 reads the same as it does at 8. But that is loud AF. CCr at 18 to 21 are around 83 to 87. I need something more accurate for this to work. My ears still tell me 8 on MMr is 221 on CCr. Also tough to measure as just flipper and pop bumper noises push it to 85 ish.

Actually. SPL level meters on an app are fairly accurate..they measure pretty close to a RAT SHACK METER, or similar. The issue here is that you really need test tones on each machine to get a 'stable' reading..otherwise the meter will jump all over the place..are you testing in the audio tests, in the menu? but it seems that even if shotgunned, you basically are telling us that your app is reading 17db lower on CC than MMr at the same volume #...which is a HUGE difference.

#5635 1 year ago

Phishing here, which is completely legal, lol
If any future LE owners want to sell their topper, lmk. All is fair in love and pinball

#5642 1 year ago

Yeah. Maybe I’ll hit up the future SE+ crowd on a topper. Although I’m making an awesome diy topper for my SE. Guess I’m turning into a topper-freak.

#5650 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If an LE topper won’t work on an SE, an SE+ topper won’t work on an SE either. The toppers are identical.

Oh contrare. Modded or addon board would rectify that * after the warranty on the machine expires of course *

#5653 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Oh contrare. CGC has previously demonstrated the ability to block things through HW/FW. Remember the color upgrade for MMr?

Anything pinball can be made/modded to work. Facts. Rottendog may have .02 on that. Anyways it’s not a fight, it’s a workaround that us end users have the power to do. Period.

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Depends on how it's locked out. Plus the market for such a bypass device would be very small, since it would take somebody willing to sell their topper.

Yet we can send men to the moon.

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy an SE+? I can only imagine what it would cost to buy the topper from someone, and then potentially all of the time and effort to make it work.

TRUTH! Yeah, my only 'struggle' here is the fact that I'm building a badass robotic topper (with custom art, etc) that is going to be hard to let go, If I sell my SE, and go with the +. I suppose I could swap, back and fourth if I ever got a +, but that seems kinda silly imo. I guess I better choose a path, lol.

#5666 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I think a person will get tired of any machine over the course of time. Explains why everyone is constantly buying/selling/trading them…myself included

cool! you wanna drive up here and buy my CCR SE?

#5675 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

If my LE never shows up then I might. Hang onto it for me!!!

will do! *Most likely I'll hold onto the SE when people start getting their LE's/SE+'s and go from there..The game plays awesome as it is, actually..and with my topper, it will be almost as cool'..almost done with it!
IMG_9118 (resized).jpegIMG_9118 (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.41.51 AM.png (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.41.51 AM.png (resized).jpeg
EDIT: SOrry, didn't see your second reply...but mine will have an aftermarket topper, lol. I can't imagine you NOT getting your LE..especailly if you ordered from Next Level!

#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Can't wait to get MMr finally - 2023 cannot come soon enough, I just hope I don't have to wait until 2024 to get it!

That’s why I just bought a nice MMr LE for K13.5. Even though I’m in line for the next rev. Which I seriously doubt will be in 2023.

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Yeah? Ford and Chevy built complete cars and parked em while they were waiting for chips. My auto manufacturer customers didn’t slow down a bit. I’m not buyin it.

well, it's a hellava lot easier to park cars outside, in a parking lot..you can't park pins outside..Inside real estate is much more pricey. just adding my .02

#5756 1 year ago

I don't think I'd want to throw down 11K on a heavily routed LE..

#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

It’s 11k for a new one…

*If you can find a nib LE, when they ship (or people selling 3rd party)* I probably played this very table..an LE up at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (Tacoma)..or one just like it..'he' told me that these machines have 1000's of plays on them...they've been to just about every bigger show, all over the US. Which says something for the playfields (in a good way)..just not something I'd throw that kind of mooney at.

#5771 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“I can only give them to you if you solemnly swear to keep them for yourselves and never show another living soul as long as you all shall live”
Now I know why we haven’t seen any LE/SE+, lol.
[quoted image]

I got one of those better backlight and continued vinyl sideart coming soon..and he moves..adding a servo for him to do 45 degree turns as well.

IMG_9196 (resized).jpegIMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Wow !!! That looks amazing!

Thank you man! It’s been a process..about 50 hours just on the translite. But it spares me the 4K cost of upgrading to an LE. The backlight will change to really illuminate my work on that. Getter Dun!

4A169ACF-9961-40A9-A7A8-0E64026E8E86 (resized).jpeg4A169ACF-9961-40A9-A7A8-0E64026E8E86 (resized).jpeg
#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

You may try reducing the coil strength for that outkicker.

Or maybe his machine is not leveled. ?

#5830 1 year ago

I’ve had a few targets not go down, after a 200 games. Only because i bricked’ them..which I assume is normal?? Other than that, all good.

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

No… just the stock translite. Perhaps I should go for that, would look really good! Still need to do the train tack mod as well

the train track from mezel mods is the way to go (painted). But the biggest upgrade would be the shaker motor! It really throws this machine in high gear!

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

those don't look like LE's..they look like SE+'s to me..I played an LE in June, and the powdercoat, apron, etc really set them apart from the standard chrome. plus no train tracks or Ore Cart..definitely SE+'s

#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I played the one on the far left. It said LE on playfield. Not positive on the other ones

yeah that one on the left is definitely an LE..probably the same one I played, here in Tacoma. the others are not LE's though. How did you like it? Did you get to play the topper?

#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Newest mod from Mezel
mods
[quoted image]

not trying to derail' your sign at all..just trying a slightly different approach..everyone's a critic, lol. I like your (or whoever did this) ideer.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 12.34.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-22 at 12.34.16 PM (resized).png
#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

It's been 6 years since I owned my HUO CC, Doesn't Polly say "We're Going Over The Falls?" So maybe it should be called "Polly Falls"....

LOL..yes..so the sign should say "Don't FALL FOR THIS". or..'Fall for this' ..with an evil vulture with a smile, sitting on top of the sign...hahaaa

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did anyone get up close pics of the LE's at Expo?

with my eyes, yes..but the big question is..is last years LE the same as the shipping LE's? problaby the same I would hope..PS ..I played the LE at the NW pinball/arcade show in Tacoma, Wa June 1st, and I honestlydidn't want to play any of the SE's..I waited in line to play the LE..it just feels so damned complete..the irony is I got an SE, a few months later..but that doesn't change the fact that I'd trade my wife for an LE..any women out there single, and like pinball?

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Was Playing my CCr SE and the Train stopped moving, mine will not move, and the two ball diverters will not as well. I checked all fuses and checked all connectors. To clarify I suppose, they can be moved manually so there is no binding anywhere. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have sent a ticket to Chicago Gaming but figured I can ask here while I wait for a response. I tested them in the menu with the switch pulled out. Everything else works.

That’s most likely a blown fuse. Same thing happened to mine, months ago. No problem since. Chinese fuses are not created equal

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Why did it blow
Is the question

Cheap and inconsistent fuses

#6049 1 year ago

I’m personally glad I bit the SE bullet, despite my topper fixation. Because it allowed me to buy a mint MMr LE..(even though I’m on the list for the next rev). I really doubt they will be able to take on MMr’s in ‘23. I hope you all get your CCr LE’s and +’s by the end of this year. The wait will be worth it guys: We love our CCr SE!!! Very entertaining and very high quality..probably a bit more refined than my MMr! My .123

#6053 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Topper fixation + refinement - pile of cash= MMRoyal
[quoted image]

oh thanks a lot! Showing me a topper I can't find..and if I do, they are at least a couple G's...lol (until CGC 'does another run'). All in good fun..congrats on your Royale Looks awesome.

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So discount for year + waiting for game
Discount for an other year waiting for software.
FREE SOFTWARE FOE EVERYONE !

I agree with this..maybe LFS would have agreed as well

#6157 1 year ago

In fairness.
If memory serves me correct. He was blatantly copying CGCs topper.
Other people have made toppers for CCr that don't infringe on CGC or PPS copyrights, and I don't think they've been told to remove them. Such as this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-topper

it wasn't a blantant copy...the cowboy is not the same as the original..I know, I have one . And my topper is almost done, which acsetically looks nicer than CGC's, imo. it's also animatronic as well..the 3rd servo will have 'brett' moving at 45's, on a lazy susan, while shooting with each arm, up and down, as well. I think most of you have seen what I got already..but it's not completely done yet..my continued artwork is really cool, and the colors are almost spot on with the backbox sides.

#6181 1 year ago

I don't know IP law, so you may be right.
To me, it does look like a blatant copy. Don't get me wrong. I think your topper does look really good.
I just think you're being dishonest if you're saying you didn't look at what CGC did and copy it in someway. From the matching belt buckle to the exact same facial hair and lip snarl to him bursting out of his shirt. There are way too many coincidences for all those things to have happened by chance.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like we got a new Sherrif in town!

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well, I’ll say what’s everyone is thinking: it’s an embarrassingly bad copy. If you care that much about the topper, wait for the real one to come out. IDGAF about the topper now, so I have no skin in the game. CC is a great pin!

I think your comment is EMBARRASING. Wow dude..totally rude, and I'll speak up, as I was gifted the bigger cowboy from him..and it's amazing..wait until you see MY topper, then you can go troll somewhere else.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s pretty crazy not to get a little assembly line shot or teaser thrown out from CGC to show that things are happening.

warehouse-06-new-signature-sized (resized).jpgwarehouse-06-new-signature-sized (resized).jpg
#6251 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Can anyone who has an SE let me know if the backbox width is actually 29”? I want to get one but my doorway is exactly 29” clearance… I have had 90’s b/w games in this room and those barely cleared the doorway

28 3/4” basically or 29 3/4”. Dang I forgot. I have measurements upstairs from my topper. I think it’s 28 3/4 or close to it. Measure 3 times, cut door once. Lol

#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

I will check the train again. It can move manually and then catches on occasion when running tests back to home. Seems like it needs to be adjusted so that it tapers a little or something. Is not always hitting the pulley near train.

hopefully the drive system is not damaged from not cutting the zip-tie from the get. We all make mistakes..fortunately, I read the pamphlet on the glass that shows just that..not bashing at all, but maybe this will help other new owners out, as a reminder.

#6270 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

With such a lack of news or updates from CGC, tough to find something to be excited about with CCrLE at the moment. But wait! My mirrored backglass delivered unexpectedly this morning! Finally, something to at least celebrate! Oh wait… Can someone tell me, does it usually arrive in one piece or is it like a 2000 piece puzzle? Guess I’ll go back to wallowing in CGC frustration and self pity.
[quoted image]

This wasn't a Drop ship..it was a DROP SHIT.
Also sorry for your loss..or PPS's loss..whatever the case. I don't see why these backglasses are being shipped in such richoty, small, and no padding boxes...mine fortunately was..but people DO drop shit in shipping.

#6308 1 year ago

Enjoying my SE...I suggest pushing the 'cool jets' button on one of your other machines; let what happens, happen, and continue to enjoy the hobby..otherwise, what's the point. At least the LE/SE+ owners aren't tied into a private sale. IT WILL HAPPEN BOYZZZ. LIFE IS SHORT.

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That wouldn’t be acceptable to me. I’ve not dealt with CGC service before but I would follow up/escalate through the ticketing system and if nothing came of that I’d pickup up the phone.
Maybe something fell through the cracks. It’s been a while since I asked Ryan about the leg situation but at that time they had a very small number of tickets/cases. I don’t remember the number but it was under 20 which was a surprise to both of us given the level of concern in this thread.

I submitted a ticket for the audio issue, like many others..and nothing. c r i c k e t s

#6515 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear that. What action have you taken to follow up?
[Yes, I agree he shouldn’t have to and that if there has indeed been complete radio silence that’s unacceptable.
Not picking on KING-HENRY here but posting stuff like c r i c k e t s doesn’t do anything to advance a resolution. .]

well, actually you did pick on me, despite your claim you weren't...like a school teacher, lol. I was posting a statement that was supporting others' no-reply from CGC...AND, if that adds fuel to the fire, so be it. If there's a forest fire, let the f()$ker burn..it's nature's way of cleansing . And if it's true that CGC reads ALL OF THIS THREAD, more power to me, and others, to let them know vicariously. That is what forums are for. Honestly I'm happy with my SE..I have no hate in the LE/+ matter.

#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I also received my winnings from the Flip n' Out stream. The resin prototypes for the metal apron medallions that will be coming with the LE models. Thanks Zach and Ryan for the cool piece of development history. Now to figure out some sort of display case for them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those are badass!

1 week later
#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Then it doesn’t need to be shaking like that. Seems to be in place. Is there a trick to getting it in right?

my game rattles as well..but it's not on the backglass..it's at the top of playfield glass that meets the back plastic channel..You need to source the rattle, because it is deceiving where the rattle 'actually' is. lol, I don't have a fix for mine yet, other than throwing my Distro's business card, shoved in between the pf glass and that top plastic channel the glass sits in. Have a friend or fam push down on the pf glass, backglass, all the spots you think it's coming from, when playing a game (to pinpoint where the rattle is) . then McGuiver that sh$t.

#6862 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

That is an awesome solution!

ok, it must be early for me, because I don't know what 'nylon wire tie' is..you mean zip-tie? eh? it has a head, lol.

#6868 1 year ago

Thinking of selling my SE, if anyone might be interested..in WA 98577. PM for details. Delete if not allowed here.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Are you upgrading to a LE or a SE+? Or are you just tired of the game already?

I think I've ridin the horse long enough..It's fun, don't take me wrong..it's just not as longlasting as my other pins I have now..My housmate still plays it.
Everybody's preferences are different on longevity! (I tend to go for the more 'serious' pins, outside of MMrLE and GotG, and Turtles..the rest are more serious) Maybe it's just a 'phase'.

#6881 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What happened to the topper project? Wanna sell the Bart figure?

I'm almost done with the topper..it has certainly been a labor of love..doesn't mean I'm selling my machine overnight..but I will DEFINITELY show you guyz the final product in 3-4 weeks, lol.. no, hopefully sooner..been brokering other deals, etc.. FINALLY got my two NBA Fastbreaks linked and running!! what an amazing xp that is, head 2 head.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Got my game!
Just not the one I have been waiting for!
Haha, sorry couldn’t resist.
Richard
[quoted image]

nice little HT you have there! (looks like you have an Epson 5030UB, or something similar)..You must be on the AVS Forum I was a heavy duty Home Theater guy (got home theater of the month, July '14), moved then started my HT in my new house..gutted the theater components and turned my room into an arcade. Still have the electric screens intact, and the projector shelf, in case I want to get another JVC projector in the future..Sold my projector to get into one of my pins, lol. i do still have an old projection and measely 5.1 system down in my Arcadebunker though. *in the basement*..anyways, back to the CCR RANT!

#6932 1 year ago

maybe that's a coil-winding tool, to make coils? I have no idea.

#6945 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah a couple years ago I was selling a pinball machine. It was fully loaded with Pinsound, PDI glass, extras, powder coating, the works. I listed at a sell quick price, a guy contacts me a couple days later and says he only has X amount of dollars and can't afford anymore. Tells me he has a 10 year old son that LOVES pinball and it's always been his dream to have that machine. Sends me pictures of his kid playing pinball machines, says this is all the money he has in the world. I give in and say ok. He comes to get the machine and I find out he actually has over 20 machines in his basement, he is actually not in dire need of cash at all and 1 month later I see him selling the machine for $1,000 more than he paid for it, and he stripped off most of the extras.
I don't give deals anymore. When I sell a machine now, I sell it for whatever the current market value is.

That's straight up JACKED...Karma's a bitch!

#7053 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Bart will make comments on my machine up by the pops and also on the trick shot. But I think it is just chatter, not like if you hit Bart. And, it’s intermittent. I’ll keep an eye on it.
The lockdown bar on mine wants to move under my hand a little, especially on the right.
Is it that way for everyone?

you can adjust the lockdown bar with a flathead screwdriver..that brass screw. At least that's how it is on most of my other machines. it sounds like yours is a little loose.

#7062 1 year ago

Are you sure it's an actual "hit" registering? The optos by the pop bumpers sometimes trigger Bart to shake and call out to taunt you, but it doesn't count as an actual hit to Bart. I believe that's probably what you're experiencing.

Just guessing, but that opto might work just like an eddy switch, in a way. my speculative brain at work here.

#7181 1 year ago

dear lord, they stacked it! can't they read their own writing??? DO NOT STACK!

#7226 1 year ago

*Going thru topper with'draws'*

(despite my upcoming homebrew topper almost done)

#7255 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What a BEAUTIFUL game! Near perfection!
Lets see how soon people crap all over them with silly mods and such...

L O L. Silly mods? Come on man, give a few of us some due credit! I’ve done some VERY tasteful mods that don’t subtract but add to the xp. ‘There’s still hope left’. Don’t jab at the good modders!

#7263 1 year ago

Tasteful and what looks factory is alright by me. Its gotta look factory, or Im out...
Gluing a bunch of Ebay dolls. or adding signs all over the place is just stupid IMHO...
(Yes, Ive had 3 kirkland scotches by now...)

Search Amazon for Toy Story figures. You’ll find those on a JjP TS4

#7264 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

$12,500 seems like a pretty good deal for a scalped LE compared to TS4 LE. For those that missed out. I would never sell my CCrLE for $12,500 based on what I’m seeing in the pics.

how could you say you'd never sell it' if you haven't even touched it yet..keep the reality in check..I get what you say, but don't let the internet talk, walk.

#7287 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Because I know what my wife and I enjoy in a machine. Thanks for your concern though boss. You’ll be the one paying $15k for a used one in a few years but it won’t be mine I guarantee that much.

I was saying that for everything-pinball, in regards to holding onto certain machines, and machines you'd thought you'd 'never sell' (this goes for me, and everyone else). Even though I own a CCrSE, I 'personally' don't see myself owning it for life..this is where milage definitely varies from pinhead to pinhead. Heck, even my Medieval Madness LE can lose its' luster over time. I was under the assumption that you have not played one yet (in your original post)..That's why I wrote what I wrote. I DO admit a tad of 'LE Envy', as the topper is an essential component to this machine..I know this because I played the LE, up at the Tacoma show, back in June. But even at the LE level, I would probably get tiresome of it after a few years..Like I was saying, YMMV. I have around 20 pins, and I really don't play CC as much as I thought I was going to, especailly after my first, amazing impression when I brought it home, back in May. Just my .02 ..I REALLY HOPE YOU TWO ENJOY IT FOR LIFE!!!

#7367 1 year ago

Sorry. Have to brag a second here!

73441D94-075B-4EBF-938A-5B29C1C73F41 (resized).jpeg73441D94-075B-4EBF-938A-5B29C1C73F41 (resized).jpeg
#7372 1 year ago

Way to go LTG! Foxy Lady. Thanks you guys! Didn’t (well sorta) mean to stir the pot but thanks! Yeah, those (now) linked NBA Fastbreaks are the bomb! Took a while to get that setup going, but worth it. What a rush that is.

#7431 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Sorta. You can enable the mode on the SE you just can’t play it.
It seems like it would be easy enough to to program a video mode version for the SE owners.

brilliant idea..because a video mode on the SE's would bridge a necessary gap from the LE's..both from a players' perscpective, and a selling/value perspective.

#7469 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Is there a shooter lane protector that fits this game yet?

Might have to merge games. Lol. I doubt you need one on CGC games. Mine do not show any wear. (About 500 plays on my SE and about 800+ on MMrLE your time traveling may vary* PS. Funny you mention this because I have wear on a brand new GotG with less than 200 plays! Clearcoat chipped and now wood is bruised. Not happy with that. But that crew seems to think ‘that’s the norm’

41BE1744-EA12-48B2-9033-7D2498F32675 (resized).png41BE1744-EA12-48B2-9033-7D2498F32675 (resized).png

1D0E42EB-E262-41D5-87FB-C14D28F32DBA (resized).jpeg1D0E42EB-E262-41D5-87FB-C14D28F32DBA (resized).jpeg
#7482 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

that is not the norm, but it happens to some Sterns more than others.
Yours looks really really bad though, as if you tried to fix the chip but you ended up removing more clear to flatten the chip.
I have responded to you on the other thread as to how to fix this, and it can be easily fixed with both 1K clear or 2K if you partially remove the bottom (you really need to remove just the apron and a mech (through) and spray, sand and polish. It really is a quick job the slowest is taking the PF off (just a few cables).
Once it is fixed, put a cliffy in there or a plastic protector and this will never happen again.
I know it sucks, but unfortunately Stern through ball eject is too powerful with stock settings and because of how it is designed it just bangs the shooter lane a lot, the PF might not be the best of the best quality either.

too much work I can, or want to work on a new machine (or any machine) at the moment..I'll probably just throw a chunk of Mylar in the lane, and just cut my losses. What's done is done, and actually, I didn't touch the PF at all..it just ended up like this..under 200 plays..But I'll take your advice for the future! K, back OT. (and thank you for chiming in!)

#7674 1 year ago

I turned mine up 2 points as well. I did it very shortly after receiving my game roughly 6 months ago. Another issue I encountered (even before turning them up), was flipper fade. Once you get a good 30 minute game going, or have multiple people playing, the flippers can lose strength pretty quickly. PinMonk fans helped out immensely. I highly recommend them on this title.

flipper fade on my CC SE is no where near as bad as my MMrLE..ordered the pinmonk system for that one..I feel that all new pins (Stern included) NEED cooling fans on their flipper coils... MM is basically not very enjoyable after 20-30 minutes of continuous play..CC is not nearly as bad.

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Man. You are just so negative, rude, and depressing sometimes. Was this post really necessary? The guy is just excited and hopefully something is happening with the code.
I like coming to this thread for updates, but I dread seeing posts from you.
Hate to say it, but this thread would be way more enjoyable if you’d be a bit nicer.
Maybe you could hop off the computer and go run to the mall. You could go tell all the little kids that Santa isn’t real…seems right up your alley.

yeah, jfh ran me over the coals a while back, and he doesn't even know me, 0r my place here..asking legit stuff..Napoleon didn't fare well, at the end.. I don't understand why certain people in life need to use passive-aggressive bullying, just to make rudundant statements to feel better about themselves..So i'm with you man..

#7760 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

All I wanna know is...

Best pinball porn for the day..lol, just connected the dots on Paula Cole..that she was the hot talent singing with Peter Gabriel's Secret World Tour...and the live performance on youtube of 'Feeling Love' is straightup sexy sexy sexy in all ways.. Thanks for this!!

#7769 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

I just took over someone’s preorder spot for LE and hoping for the best

i have my spot up for grabs on marketplace..I already have an SE and changing gears on my next big purchase

4 weeks later
#8687 1 year ago

Got an LE spot if anyone is interested. Bpught a Scooby Doo spot instead. Both awesome machines (we’ll see). Not making a dime on the spot.

#8699 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

An LE for MSRP? Where was this two weeks ago?

An LE for MSRP? Where was this two weeks ago?

It's more, I'm saying I'M NOT MAKING A DIME ON IT'..1500 more (total), with shipping, than MSRP..I have responded to PM's..Just trying to help someone land this machine, and clear me up on exactly what I'm into it.

#8733 1 year ago

Damn!! What kind of SUV you have that fits a pin IN the box?!!

I can fit a NIB in my '06 Toyota 4runner (with back seats removed)..Actually couldn't believe, a few years back, I fit a whole wooden crate with a Johnny Mnemonic in this rig)..It was an incredible feat for sure..you'd be surprised what you can fit in an SUV, if determined.

#8798 1 year ago

The drops targets will ‘settle in’. Ive bricked a few of those on my SE, but keep playing it and I bet it will loosen up a bit..sounds silly but that’s the case on mine. Those mechs are literally brand new and need more actuation to loosen a tad. This is only my opinion. No more bricked targets on mine.

#8836 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are new standoffs for LEs and recent SEs and I think art has been removed around the legs (can someone confirm that?)

yeah but CGC has not replied (and probably for most early SE owners as well, plz chime in if they've addressed this issue) on the leg issue, nothing, nadda, jiltch. Fortunately I put hex screws in the original thin protectors, almost off the get. Still not cool of CGC to not address their customers on leg or sound issues!

#8842 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought the initial reported sound issues were closed “working as designed” (after a design change from the previous remakes).
What specific sound issue(s) are you referring to? Are there still open ticket(s)?

The sound 'issue' is the lower volume, and slightly muffled sound. And I do not know about others' tickets, and whether they received a reply on that. I don't 'really' want to dig into the past, as it will beat the dead horse, however it IS an issue that is merely more innoying than anything else (It could sound much better, as I have a MMr LE to compare to). The weird thing is that some folks have their volume at 8, while the rest of us have the same SPL at 22..See, I'm beating the dead horse! hhaaa..need a second cup of coffee 'move along, move along'

#8941 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Did this flipper hop thing just appear in later builds? I have an April build and with factory rubber it is smooth as can be rolling to the flipper.

me as well..earlier build, like yours..and hardly any ball hop at all, unless I do a machine gun approach (I call it sword-fighting), trying to get the gold mine or something..not any more hop than any of my other machines..

#9095 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

If it’s scratches, try to polish them out.

If it's scratches, call CGC for a replacement!!!

2 weeks later
#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

There’s an old 9v battery trick as well. Touch +/- speaker wire leads to the +/- terminal of the battery. Speaker should fire outwards. Reverse the wires on the battery to the -/+ and speaker should pull inwards. If any variance from left to right speaker you know there’s an issue.

you do NOT want to use a 9volt battery...could fry the coil..a simple AA will definitely suffice, and won't risk your speakers' coils. I'm a HT guy.

#9693 1 year ago

people with LE's still enjoying their machines? Just curious on the new owners with replayability, and how it stacks up with the rest of your current lineup.

1 month later
#10563 1 year ago

I paid $250 via FedEx freight terminal to terminal from Evansville, IN to Naperville, IL. Best $250 ever spent

How about $758 shipped a deadpool from PA to WA. When diesel prices are supposedly ‘down’ atm. My first delivery of a pin waz 3 years ago at $504. Ymmv shits gettin real.

2 weeks later
#11010 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

[quoted image][quoted image]

looks great, but I do have to say that miners weren't mining for gold bricks..they were mining for gold nuggets still looks good..but...

#11060 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Scrolling through the thread to catch up on posts, when I get to post 11002 with a picture of the underside of a CC playfield…which made me realize that since my LE delivery I haven’t had to lift the playfield yet!?!!?! Can this be possible? It’s so bizarre to get a new pin and not have to do anything except play it…that’s almost taking away half the challenge of pin ownership!

The only time I’ve lifted my SE pf (in almost a year), was to install the shaker motor. And that, imo, is the best mod out there for this pin especially. Very immersive shaking

4 months later
#13438 8 months ago

interesting note on the flipper fans..I bought his fans for my MMLE and they still just fade as fast as they did before the install..it made a diff at first, but it's a pain trying to reach the back of the PF on mmLE..but my CCSE is stock, and will blow through the back panel for, what seems like forever..I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually something wrong with my 2015 MMLE; it shouldn't be as weak as it is (and it was stronger when I first got the machine, last summer). anyone else notice this on MM remake? (I'll repost on the MM page, if needbe).

#13441 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's something else wrong with your machine. You shouldn't be having any fade at all with ZENs installed. I'd check the coil stops (remove and inspect, you can't tell they're broken when installed). Pull the coil sleeve while you have the stop out and make sure it's clean and smooth inside. If not either of those, check the resistance of the coil using the ohm setting on a multimeter. If you're having flipper weakness while ZENs are installed, it's something else going on.

Gotcha. And everyone else here, I’ll pull the sleeves out check the stops etc. it’s probably got about under 2K plays, but that doesn’t mean much if there’s a physical bind or resistance. I’ll report back when i get on that. Thx guys

#13452 8 months ago

A lot of the time the coils sleeves just need cleaning.
Black junk gets in them and causes the coil plungers to drag.
If the plungers are in good condition, replacing the coil stops and sleeves revitalizes them.
Also check the coil return springs and EOS switches to make sure they are set properly.
What is your flipper power set at?

Black junk..yeah, it's coil dust mostly... and other crud *dead skin, dander, dust, you name it* this isn't my first rodeo with flipper rebuilds/inspections..but it IS my first rodeo on a CGC remake inspection on something I thought would take much longer to become a problem!

1 month later
#14000 7 months ago

Question: is it verified that you CANNOT add an LE/SE+ topper to an SE? Anyone try one on their SE? (I looked through FAQ couldn’t find the topic)

#14003 7 months ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

You can do it if you can find one for sale. The software is in the system in the SE the same as the other editions, just need to turn it on in the settings.

yeah, now I'm looking to see if anyone needs extra cash, and leggo of their topper..which is fair play, imo, because I don't want to have to sell my perfect-running SE, just to find another CCr with a topper. thanks for the headsup guys...

#14032 6 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

One thing I noticed is the glass tends to float down on my CC making it impossible to latch. You actually have to push on the glass towards the back box as you tighten or loosen the latch channel.

that is pretty common on a lot of machines that I've owned or own..better that than a new stern pin (like my Foo LE) where the glass is so tight, that only I'M allowed to take it out..because if bent, the glass WILL shatter everywhere..I'd rather have loosey-goosey (in this case, lol) .

4 months later
#15157 60 days ago

I just aquired a CGC topper for my SE today..the only question: how to you remove the rivets on the top of the SE backbox (it has the t-nuts inside) to install the topper screws to bolt down the topper? It's gonna be interesting without phillips heads on these..so what's the best way to get these holes exposed?
Many Thanks in Advance

#15160 60 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Congrats. Surprised you found someone wiling to give one up.

Yeah, I'm stoked, thank you!! It was a NOS topper from someone that bought an LE and couldn't install it in his place..so I got it from a guy that got it from him..not a bad price either (well, as far as unubtanium toppers go).

#15161 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's a small black plastic snap. Pry it up. It will pop out. Or poke something up from the T nut to push it out.

Many Thanks, I'll do this!!

#15162 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's a small black plastic snap. Pry it up. It will pop out. Or poke something up from the T nut to push it out.

worked like a charm..but onto the plugging in..I am curious why I need an extra RJ45? cable to plug in the topper (well, it needs the splitter). I have it all ready, but it needs one more gray cable from the mpu (next to the blue cable) to the splitter...is this the way? and if so, what particular cable do I need for the system to work? (I tried a CAT5 and it gave me all kinds of errors, probably becuase there's no power going to the trough). Any thoughts on this? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

IMG_2042 (resized).jpegIMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
#15163 60 days ago

EDIT: Gotter running! Borrowed a different splitter from my GZ now it’s showtime

#15165 57 days ago

Couldn’t add this to my last post so here ya go, for anyone wondering if the topper will work on an SE. not to stir up the pot but Ryan told me on the phone a few years back that this was impossible to do. Marketing Trickery regardless..happy to have an SE+ now

C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpegC6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=king-henry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.