(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 309.
#8801 1 year ago

My SE PLUS is arriving Wednesday. Yea baby

#8802 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is some more intel: according to Automated Services as of 1/6/23 they have received zero LEs or SE+'s. Hey, a lack of machines is still info! They said they "might" receive some in February but it's not certain.

Agreed!

All intel is good intel!

#8803 1 year ago

Are LE machine shipping again ? Can't get an answer when I will see my game

#8804 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Are LE machine shipping again ? Can't get an answer when I will see my game

Yes.

Answer will depend on your distributor and how many batches of games they will get. If your distributor doesn’t have any info then it’s a ways out. Distributors get between two days and two weeks notice of when their games will be ready. Also, depending on how many games your distributor was allocated they probably won’t get all their games at once so it’s good to know where you are on their internal list.

(All of this is covered in the FAQ which is updated as we get more info on shipments).

#8805 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What number did you get?

#73 build date 12/21/22 arrived at distributor 1/4 I believe

#8806 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you try a new spring or are you just guessing it won’t work? Most have solved the issue by replacing the spring. There may be another issue at play but try the spring first. Details in the FAQ.

Just basing it on other post. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

#8807 1 year ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

Just basing it on other post. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

You can also try to stretch the spring just a bit after making sure you can manually trigger the drop target.

#8808 1 year ago

Anyone had a drop target that resets to the up position when it should be down? (Ie. Lit and knocked down, then pops back up again and is unlit). My far right drop target started doing this.

#8809 1 year ago

It's not an LE but I did join the club today. After having just unboxed a Bond Premium 3 days ago all I can say is wow. The quality difference is off the charts. All of it. Packaging, build, lighting, sound all at a lower price point than a Stern Premium...

IMG_0494 (resized).jpegIMG_0494 (resized).jpegIMG_0496 (resized).jpegIMG_0496 (resized).jpegIMG_0502 (resized).jpegIMG_0502 (resized).jpegIMG_0504 (resized).jpegIMG_0504 (resized).jpegIMG_0505 (resized).jpegIMG_0505 (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpeg
#8810 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's not an LE but I did join the club today. After having just unboxed a Bond Premium 3 days ago all I can say is wow. The quality difference is off the charts. All of it. Packaging, build, lighting, sound all at a lower price point than a Stern Premium...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Closing in on 1000 SEs sold?

#8811 1 year ago

Anyone using Pinguard or similar plastic leg protectors on their LE for aesthetic reasons? If so, what color did you use?

#8812 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone had a drop target that resets to the up position when it should be down? (Ie. Lit and knocked down, then pops back up again and is unlit). My far right drop target started doing this.

Yeah, I've had it happen but extremely infrequent. I've also had the machine go into ball search mode for one or two seconds right after I hit a drop target but then goes back to normal.

#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Closing in on 1000 SEs sold?

That's what it's looking like.

#8814 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's not an LE but I did join the club today. After having just unboxed a Bond Premium 3 days ago all I can say is wow. The quality difference is off the charts. All of it. Packaging, build, lighting, sound all at a lower price point than a Stern Premium...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m in love with this lineup! Interesting comparison and glad you like the CGC difference.

#8815 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How should this be on a customer, this should be on CGE to have their electronics ready to ship not only to Canada but to all places overseas.
Don't see other pinball manufacturers having their customers completing electronics compliance issues?

How is this an issue this time and not for the other 3 remakes. I’ve owned them all here in Australia but we are still waiting too.

#8816 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

How is this an issue this time and not for the other 3 remakes.

Apparently due to a change in the power supply used in CCr.

However I don’t know how Wayne got in some games at the end of the year. If anyone knows, please post.

#8817 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently due to a change in the power supply used in CCr.

Meanwhile I can buy any piece of shit I want from Aliexpress without the government giving a shit, Awesome

#8818 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

How is this an issue this time and not for the other 3 remakes. I’ve owned them all here in Australia but we are still waiting too.

Wayne has shipped a couple of SEs into Australia as demos.. Obviously not an issue in Australia.

#8819 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wayne has shipped a couple of SEs into Australia as demos.. Obviously not an issue in Australia.

Are the rules different if you’re a business? I thought I read there are CCrs in Canada too but only at distributors.

#8820 1 year ago

One thing that is certain is between power supply issues, topper or other part or design problems, poorly forecasted lead times you name it! Shit show. Let’s gooooooooooooo get us out games cgc!!!!!!!!!!

#8821 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Do you have an LE coming Scott?
Interested to know how many coming to the land down under.

#8822 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone using Pinguard or similar plastic leg protectors on their LE for aesthetic reasons? If so, what color did you use?

We went with yellow for aesthetic reasons.

2E7B2C13-96E9-4859-AE24-2B22CBFF9EC7 (resized).jpeg2E7B2C13-96E9-4859-AE24-2B22CBFF9EC7 (resized).jpeg847BC95E-20CF-436A-962A-B74F42FD537B (resized).jpeg847BC95E-20CF-436A-962A-B74F42FD537B (resized).jpegFBBCE571-C049-4BB3-A211-DB8B4DDDCA09 (resized).jpegFBBCE571-C049-4BB3-A211-DB8B4DDDCA09 (resized).jpeg
#8823 1 year ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

Looks great!

#8824 1 year ago

Cool. I’m debating between yellow, black or none. Thought yellow might be too bright but it looks good.

#8825 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to modify the legs to get those protectors to fit, or has that issue been fixed? I tried using them on my SE (08/22 delivery) but the decal wrinkle factor was even worse.

#8826 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went with black. My thinking was to focus your eye to the awesome cabinet art instead of the leg mounts. I'd love to show you the more subtle look, however, my protectors are in a box with all of my mods I have been collecting for my LE, propped against the wall with my awesome mirrored backglass. LMAO! After reading about the early games having the leg decal damage potential I went with black. But I have heard (correct me if I am wrong) the problem was fixed, and the legs do not even touch the cabinet art so I may not even put them on if they are not actually protecting anything. Thoughts?

#8827 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Did you have to modify the legs to get those protectors to fit, or has that issue been fixed? I tried using them on my SE (08/22 delivery) but the decal wrinkle factor was even worse.

There are new standoffs for LEs and recent SEs and I think art has been removed around the legs (can someone confirm that?)

#8828 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

my protectors are in a box with all of my mods I have been collecting for my LE, propped against the wall with my awesome mirrored backglass. LMAO

I have one of those boxes too. Except there’s no box.
Putting everything in one place sounds like a really good idea …

#8829 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are new standoffs for LEs and recent SEs and I think art has been removed around the legs (can someone confirm that?)

My October build SE has really thick standoffs. Legs don't touch the cabinet. The decal still goes under the legs.

#8830 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have one of those boxes too. Except there’s no box.
Putting everything in one place sounds like a really good idea …

Yea, it's kind of like taping the brochure of your new Shelby GT500 to the floor of your garage so you can show your friends! The vacant hole in my gameroom is depressing. Ha Ha

#8831 1 year ago

Found out yesterday that I’m last on my distro’s list (GRG). Guessing I’ll be in the 1000+ SN club around March or April. While sad, at least I know not to hold my breath. Maybe i’ll track down that BK2K I have eyes on in the meantime...

#8832 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Found out yesterday that I’m last on my distro’s list (GRG).

How long is their list?

#8833 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My October build SE has really thick standoffs.

Any way folks with early build dates (i.e., March 2022) can ask CGC for the thicker standoffs. I am fortunate that my machine decals still appear intact but I'd rather have the thicker ones... Thoughts?

#8834 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Any way folks with early build dates (i.e., March 2022) can ask CGC for the thicker standoffs. I am fortunate that my machine decals still appear intact but I'd rather have the thicker ones... Thoughts?

Having just installed these on three older Bally/Williams pins I would say yes. If you can get them for free from CGC then do it.

#8835 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

How long is their list?

Well the list is long, but distinguished...
-
Someone here mentioned 50. If they just got a batch of 10 and now CGC will cycle between other distributors before coming back to GRG I would imagine it will be awhile. My contact said March/April to complete the run.

#8836 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

yeah but CGC has not replied (and probably for most early SE owners as well, plz chime in if they've addressed this issue) on the leg issue, nothing, nadda, jiltch. Fortunately I put hex screws in the original thin protectors, almost off the get. Still not cool of CGC to not address their customers on leg or sound issues!

#8837 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The new standoffs are thicker and now keep the legs from making contact with the decals, I believe the decal artwork has always been cut out from behind the leg area.

#8838 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Open up a support ticket and ask. Seems like a reasonable request.

#8839 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

or sound issues!

I thought the initial reported sound issues were closed “working as designed” (after a design change from the previous remakes).

What specific sound issue(s) are you referring to? Are there still open ticket(s)?

#8840 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Of course. You’re on it.

Quoted from Ballderdash:

My contact said March/April to complete the run.

That’s good to hear. That’s about 6 weeks less than what I had last heard. Would also be further confirmation to the increased production line capacity.

#8841 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of course. You’re on it.

That’s good to hear. That’s about 6 weeks less than what I had last heard. Would also be further confirmation to the increased production line capacity.

Seems a bit optimistic as that requires about 75 machines per week just to meet the LE production numbers by mid-April.

#8842 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought the initial reported sound issues were closed “working as designed” (after a design change from the previous remakes).
What specific sound issue(s) are you referring to? Are there still open ticket(s)?

The sound 'issue' is the lower volume, and slightly muffled sound. And I do not know about others' tickets, and whether they received a reply on that. I don't 'really' want to dig into the past, as it will beat the dead horse, however it IS an issue that is merely more innoying than anything else (It could sound much better, as I have a MMr LE to compare to). The weird thing is that some folks have their volume at 8, while the rest of us have the same SPL at 22..See, I'm beating the dead horse! hhaaa..need a second cup of coffee 'move along, move along'

#8843 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

-
Someone here mentioned 50. If they just got a batch of 10 and now CGC will cycle between other distributors before coming back to GRG I would imagine it will be awhile. My contact said March/April to complete the run.

As of last night my very large reputable distributor said its probably another 6 months to get through all their customers, which sounds realistic (but u never know with CGC)

#8844 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Open up a support ticket and ask. Seems like a reasonable request.

Will do. I'll report back with an update.

#8845 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As of last night my very large reputable distributor said its probably another 6 months to get through all their customers, which sounds realistic (but u never know with CGC)

I agree.

#8846 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Will do. I'll report back with an update.

CGC's support link appears to be down... I'll have to try later today.

#8847 1 year ago

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I waited to commit so I got pushed down the list. I don't know how many CGC has built but assuming they need to build another 1000 thats close to 40/week, which is about the max CGC ever puts out....

#8848 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My October build SE has really thick standoffs. Legs don't touch the cabinet. The decal still goes under the legs.

My Sept ‘22 SE build has thick standoffs and the better leg crimp (best combo) so all 4 legs have a very visible gap to the cabinet. I originally put the Eville cab protector on and there was a huge gap for my game. CGC also mentioned there are different leg/plate combos out there so YMMV.

#8849 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The sound 'issue' is the lower volume, and slightly muffled sound. And I do not know about others' tickets, and whether they received a reply on that. I don't 'really' want to dig into the past, as it will beat the dead horse, however it IS an issue that is merely more innoying than anything else (It could sound much better, as I have a MMr LE to compare to). The weird thing is that some folks have their volume at 8, while the rest of us have the same SPL at 22..See, I'm beating the dead horse! hhaaa..need a second cup of coffee 'move along, move along'

I talked with Ryan extensively on my sound issue being so low. He swears it’s in the design of the game and there is nothing wrong with my sound. He said in previous remakes people were complaining that the volume was too loud at the lowest volume. Therefore GCG lowered the power curve at lower volumes but swears that at full volume the power curve remained the same. I don’t buy it. I’m at volume 27 to 30 (full volume) and it doesn’t seem as loud as my AFMr at 10. Whatever. If somebody else can get a solution I am all ears and hopefully you can convince Ryan/CGC that it IS different.

#8850 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I talked with Ryan extensively on my sound issue being so low. He swears it’s in the design of the game and there is nothing wrong with my sound. He said in previous remakes people were complaining that the volume was too loud at the lowest volume. Therefore GCG lowered the power curve at lower volumes but swears that at full volume the power curve remained the same. I don’t buy it. I’m at volume 27 to 30 (full volume) and it doesn’t seem as loud as my AFMr at 10. Whatever. If somebody else can get a solution I am all ears and hopefully you can convince Ryan/CGC that it IS different.

Time to get out the decibel meter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.