B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 151.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

He’s not “slapping the shit” out of oddjob. Bond is giving Oddjob a judo chop!

46d8befe-9622-4236-af43-2f80a4f32e2b_text.gif46d8befe-9622-4236-af43-2f80a4f32e2b_text.gif
#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You lost me, I literally just said that. Elwin already has two layouts/games finished up and switching up Bonds is not rehashing anything it’s a new pin period.
Let Elwin make a new fully featured Bond in a year+ but based on Moore.

Elwin could probably knock it out in 30 days.

Since the Beatles re-skin went over so well, not that it was a bad game, it’s not, it’s a lot of fun, BUT nobody wants to pay the kind of $$$ they are looking to get on a re-skin anything.

Gotta be a “surprise” element to it?

I do think there will be 2 different versions of the LE.

Like the slot machines, AND try something different from recent releases. Transformers/AC/DC style. It’s Bond, perfect setup for that

#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It depends on if they ever release it?
Tomorrow?

Thursday

#2754 1 year ago

Someone will leak it Wednesday night....LOL

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do think there will be 2 different versions of the LE.

Interesting. Wonder how that might go over.
Seems to be pretty strong feelings out there already on the pro/premium packages.

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

How about 2 different LE art packages…one Thunderball, one Goldfinger…500 of each? Stern has never done it before, but that might be kind of fun.

Ac/dc would like a word with you…
Transformers too…
And xmen…
And avengers

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interesting. Wonder how that might go over.
Seems to be pretty strong feelings out there on the pro/premium packages.

I’d probably pick Thunderball over Goldfinger

Diamonds are Forever over both of those

#2758 1 year ago

I suppose I'm expecting a marquee Gomez signature to the left of the apron the same as the past couple of releases like Ritchie with LZ & Borg with Rush.

A Peter Gunn music/mode would be a nice tribute to the Spy Hunter arcade game.

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

You’d think a moderator would cut out the anal experience talk, although I found the “PINK SOCK” post to be hilarious

TY, but the pink sock is what we are all feeling with JJP and Sterns price gouging. Just stating facts, as hilarious as they may be.

#2760 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been said but do we know when video footage is being shown?

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sorry if this has been said but do we know when video footage is being shown?

Thursday

#2762 1 year ago

Thank you. Looking forward to the gameplay.

#2763 1 year ago

Le HAS to be GOLDFINGER! Fingers crossed…

#2764 1 year ago

Hey, maybe SLE the game come with this! You know, like the cloth from Elvira!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2765 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Le HAS to be GOLDFINGER! Fingers crossed…

I think that you meant to write: "goldfingers crossed."

#2766 1 year ago

I don't know how they can do 2 LE games and keep everyone happy. I think it will be Thunderball as LE

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I don't know how they can do 2 LE games and keep everyone happy. I think it will be Thunderball as LE

Stern have done this before. Pick which one you want! Thunderball or Goldfinger?

#2768 1 year ago

Two LE packages would be perfect for Bond, Stern could make 700 (007 backwards) of each and easily sell out of them.

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Two LE packages would be perfect for Bond, Stern could make 700 (007 backwards) of each and easily sell out of them.

Gold Bond edition

Screenshot_20220920-035305 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220920-035305 (resized).png
#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Gold Bond edition [quoted image]

Nah, when Stern have attempted Gold before it had sucked, GOTGLE & WWELE is advertised as gold powder coating but it’s way more mustard than gold.

Depending how good/bad the art is on the LE, I may get a premium and fully customise the artwork to hyper gloss foil decals, with either a db5 accurate powdercoated colour or gold plating.

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nah, when Stern have attempted Gold before it had sucked, GOTGLE & WWELE is advertised as gold powder coating but it’s way more mustard than gold.
Depending how good/bad the art is on the LE, I may get a premium and fully customise the artwork to hyper gloss foil decals, with either a db5 accurate powdercoated colour or gold plating.

...but how would you get the triple action relief?

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

...but how would you get the triple action relief?

I have a wife for that

#2773 1 year ago

Maybe with the delayed launch, they will officially announce the game and have a DeadFlip stream on the same day.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Maybe with the delayed launch, they will officially announce the game and have a DeadFlip stream on the same day.

my thoughts exactly

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern have done this before. Pick which one you want! Thunderball or Goldfinger?

I've already secured my LE and if that's the choice offered, I'll most likely be choosing Thunderball. It will greatly depend on the final artwork however, and I can envision either being fantastic.
Both great movies but that underwater ocean battle was epic to this adolescence, juvenal delinquent.

#2776 1 year ago

So.. when is the public going to hear about Bond? Today is the reveal to insider connect folks… do they spill the beans shortly after?

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So.. when is the public going to hear about Bond? Today is the reveal to insider connect folks… do they spill the beans shortly after?

Wait... it is?

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

No info posted yet. It's on Thursday. Less than 48 hours to go.

#2779 1 year ago

Stern just did a huge code drop, including 1.0 on Godzilla which now has the King of the Monsters final wizard mode, being streamed tomorrow. So their plate was full until Thursday with the new code reveals for Rush and GZ.

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Stern just did a huge code drop, including 1.0 on Godzilla which now has the King of the Monsters final wizard mode, being streamed tomorrow. So their plate was full until Thursday anyways with the new code reveals for Rush and GZ.

Rush therefore has 2112?

#2781 1 year ago

Here are the shots explained in detail including skill shots and multi-balls

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Rush therefore has 2112?

Yup. Streaming tonight on Deadflip Twitch channel, I think.

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

No info posted yet. It's on Thursday. Less than 48 hours to go.

Jumped the gun. My bad

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Stern just did a huge code drop, including 1.0 on Godzilla which now has the King of the Monsters final wizard mode, being streamed tomorrow. So their plate was full until Thursday anyways with the new code reveals for Rush and GZ.

Karl already streamed GZ's new code (as a beta) this past Sunday and I think the week before, too. Has the Ultra Final Wizard Mode in it. When you finish KotM if you haven't qualified for Ultra Final Wizard mode, the game ends. If you have qualified, you get the UFWM and THEN the game ends.

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl already streamed GZ's new code (as a beta) this past Sunday and I think the week before, too. Has the Ultra Final Wizard Mode in it. When you finish KotM if you haven't qualified for Ultra Final Wizard mode, the game ends. If you have qualified, you get the UFWM and THEN the game ends.

Not sure how I feel about code where the game ends.....

#2786 1 year ago

It's awesome in TNA. And I love the idea of it in JP2, although I'll probably never get there.

#2787 1 year ago

Does GZ hard end your game or does it just reset back to the Ball 1 state (more or less) with your score carried over?

#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Does GZ hard end your game or does it just reset back to the Ball 1 state (more or less) with your score carried over?

It rolls credits and youre done

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Depending on the story a game tells, it can make sense to end it. It makes perfect sense on games like TNA, Stern JP, and Heist

And considering how much stuff you gotta do to get to the end of a game like Godzilla...do you really wanna keep playing it after spending the last 90 minutes doing everything to do in the game? The game poops points in the super final wizard mode, so if it's about increasing your high score then you'd have to grind a long time before you start to really add much more to the total. (Also I'd say it's an interesting challenge to know a game has an end state and you need to maximize your scoring along the way)

#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Not like it's the first Elwin to do that. Jurassic Park ended, too:

But if most people never get there, does it matter? Karl was saying the requirements to get to Ultra Final Wizard Mode and they are severe. He said he hasn't seen it yet after a week, and he's one of the best players out there.

#2791 1 year ago

Yeah, especially games that are based on movie properties and have a narrative arc to the wizard mode. A credit roll is perfect while you stand there sweating and trying to rub life back into your forearms.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Having gotten to the final wizard mode in WOZ (somewhere over the rainbow) and having the game basically just loop back to the beginning, I can say I strongly prefer that the game ends after a final wizard mode. Rolling back to the beginning after the final wizard mode is really anticlimactic.

#2793 1 year ago

Yeah, I beat the final wizard mode in Zen Pinball's Jurassic World, then it just went back to the start with everything unlit again, felt kinda blah, like it was making you play the game over again right away.

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

well if take the IFPA rules then you must grade the game of having an TPG of one ball.
Now there may be other issues that can come up as well but are not likely maybe the best idea is to use the really good game rule say any one who get's an game ending mode is tied 1st.

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

well if take the IFPA rules then you must grade the game of having an TPG of one ball.
Now there may be other issues that can come up as well but are not likely maybe the best idea is to use the really good game rule say any one who get's an game ending mode is tied 1st.

To get to the game over state in Godzilla, you are going to play for over a hour. So the typical slaughter rule of "end your game and you are promised a first place finish so the round can move" would be more likely to come into play than the actual game over screen

That said, if Godzilla was in an unlimited qualifying, I don't think "beating" the game should get you special consideration (And again, the game showers you with points for getting to the end anyway). You gotta maximize your points along the way.

I remember Scott Danesi mentioning a fun way to play TNA is to set the reactors needed to win the game from 9 to 1. Then it is a whole new challenge of scoring a lot of points, but also trying to avoid completing the game.

#2796 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:Having gotten to the final wizard mode in WOZ (somewhere over the rainbow) and having the game basically just loop back to the beginning, I can say I strongly prefer that the game ends after a final wizard mode. Rolling back to the beginning after the final wizard mode is really anticlimactic.

totally agree, after the final mode in Medieval madness it said "shoot again". I was like no way , hands are tired now.

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

totally agree, after the final mode in Medieval madness it said "shoot again". I was like no way , hands are tired now.

After getting through Eternal Life Multiball in Indy my arms were too shot to even think about doing it again. Wrangling a widebody for an hour is no joke. Ending the game with a bonus for unused balls is the right answer.

#2798 1 year ago

I love it when a game ends like that. When I was a kid and first played pinball, I had no idea there was levels or even things to accomplish in the game, just thought the object of the game was to keep the ball in play, try to get multi-ball and not drain.. I remember back in '83 when people realized that their was some arcade games with an ending like Crystal Castles, and then Dragon's Lair, most thought they were so much more fun to play because the goal was to get to the ending just to see what happens.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I love it when a game ends like that. When I was a kid and first played pinball, I had no idea there was levels or even things to accomplish in the game, just thought the object of the game was to keep the ball in play, try to get multi-ball and not drain.. I remember back in '83 when people realized that their was some arcade games with an ending like Crystal Castles, and then Dragon's Lair, most thought they were so much more fun to play because the goal was to get to the ending just to see what happens.

"Donkey Kong kill screen coming up!"

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Having gotten to the final wizard mode in WOZ (somewhere over the rainbow) and having the game basically just loop back to the beginning, I can say I strongly prefer that the game ends after a final wizard mode.

TBH I felt the same way just after defeating the Witch.. no real desire to keep playing, but then again I hated the theme and eventually sold the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,100 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/56?hl=sawamular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.