FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 1 year ago

Sean Connery is the man and my favorite actor but you gotta have Roger Moore and Richard Kiel as Jaws. A Bond pin with Jaws as the villain would be incredible. Not sure what licensing they got with music but it’s all over the place in a good way, everything from Duran Duran to Gladys Knight, I’d love for it to be a tribute of Bond through the years.

#1024 1 year ago

Out of respect to the Queen.. and Worried about International sales!

#1083 1 year ago

My best guess for the Bond on the jetpack swing arm is that there's a magnet underneath him to take the ball over to the left side but there's also looks to be a magnet/target on the top of where the armored car/dragon is.. so he either drops the ball on it or takes it over to the tower to accumulate a ball lock for mult-ball. If it is? That's a really cool design.

0baae225eedffe5193cef7adbfd10bfbdf3a7229 (resized).jpg0baae225eedffe5193cef7adbfd10bfbdf3a7229 (resized).jpg

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

but none of those are cornerstones are not they?
Bond does have a pro version which none of those do.
I dont think there will be an SLE here, it will just be a LE but maybe Stern is changing how they do the LE, moving away from the glass/shaker/cab art to something really unique?

I agree. There hasn't been any real indication & I don't think there will be an SLE either. Remember, we still haven't seen the LE yet and it's rumored to have a price increase. I'm guessing there won't be a Thunderball version & for the increase I expect we'll see powder coated armor (Gold) Goldfinger LE with a few added details like the scuba diver from Thunderball, mirrored back glass and a shaker as there has to be a difference with it vs the Premium. SLE's are usually released very differently too, not together with a cornerstone release. It would be strange to me if they release an SLE after the fact and if so it may be just a cash grab like the Elvira with the Ruby dagger, not too much of a difference. The Batman 66 SLE was really special, only SLE imo where they went all out and pulled out all the stops.

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I really hope there won’t be an SLE. I’d gotten on the Bond list with my distributor a while ago and so got the call last week I’d be able to get an LE. This would be my first LE and the cost is already a bit daunting. I’d like to know I’m getting the best version, not sure I’m ready to spend SLE money.

That's how I feel about it too. IF there's an SLE? It would be a last minute thing and would piss me off royally 'no pun intended'.

#2698 1 year ago

Interesting rumor, however, it still makes no sense here because Sean Connery isn't alive. He didn't participate in the making of the game, he didn't do any callouts or custom callouts, he can't sign anything on the game, so I hope that anything extra, they put it into the LE because of the price difference and because they easily can if they want. A special edition of this one would not be 'Super' like Batman 66 with Adam West, it would just be made to grab more dough. Really looking forward to seeing what they put into the LE and if it's worth it.

Quoted from Psw757:

The rumor is not SLE but a single level 60th anniversary edition that won’t be limited but made to order. Meaning they will make as many as necessary as order come in. Again purely rumor.

#2713 1 year ago

Perfect for the side cabinet art..

Goldfinger (resized).JPGGoldfinger (resized).JPG
#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Let’s get back to Pussy…Pussy Galore!

Yes! Maybe the secret game is called 'Pussy Galore!' now that would be some collector's piece, no doubt about it.

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Don't give the guys who ask if their $15k pinball machine is going to blow them any funny ideas

For sure.. but wouldn't that be Dr. Holly Goodhead? Maybe if there is a Roger Moore version.

#2743 1 year ago

It depends on if they ever release it?

Tomorrow?

#2758 1 year ago

I suppose I'm expecting a marquee Gomez signature to the left of the apron the same as the past couple of releases like Ritchie with LZ & Borg with Rush.

A Peter Gunn music/mode would be a nice tribute to the Spy Hunter arcade game.

#2798 1 year ago

I love it when a game ends like that. When I was a kid and first played pinball, I had no idea there was levels or even things to accomplish in the game, just thought the object of the game was to keep the ball in play, try to get multi-ball and not drain.. I remember back in '83 when people realized that their was some arcade games with an ending like Crystal Castles, and then Dragon's Lair, most thought they were so much more fun to play because the goal was to get to the ending just to see what happens.

#2907 1 year ago

Alright.. any leakers out there? It’s time to spill the beans please.

#3487 1 year ago

The game looks great, I love the LE. I was hoping for Goldfinger with Gold but totally get it now why they chose Thunderball. Aquamarine looks really nice! (It's one of my favorite colors) and will be easy to clean. I remember doing brass plating with an Indy I used to own and it was tough to maintain and micro scratches show up easily, didn't photograph well. I like the Bond on a Wand because I like Gimmicks in pinball, what I don't like is when they try and charge more money for something not mechanical and throw in an LCD screen. I also love Jetpack Bond on the Backglass the best, think it will look incredible mirrored. I think the Pro and Premium are nice options too and you can't lose either way. You get a sense that this was George's baby to design and produce, looking forward to hearing more commentary from him. It's neat that there's an Elwin game coming out too and looking forward to seeing that one but this is a home run all around. Pinball is way too expensive these days, but I feel much better putting my money here than Toy Story at 15K. Good on Stern to recognize it was too much by JJP and still offer the Pro that's still expensive but realistic in price for those who like the game and love Pinball.

#3514 1 year ago

One thing curious about.. when James Bond from the jetpack drops the ball onto the target around 30 secs into the Pre/LE video on the website, it appears to trigger a ball that's locked behind the tank for a 2 ball multi-ball. What do you think?

balllock. (resized).JPGballlock. (resized).JPG

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

Nope, a ball is shot though the center shot at the same time, which you see after the hit. You can still see the gate swinging.

Ok, in the podcast just before 10 min George explains it. He says Bond with the ball in the jetpack, at a certain time is parked right over the tank, they feed you another ball and then it's like a hurry up, if you make the shot? It triggers a 2-ball multiball which can augment to 3. Pretty cool. He said Mike and Lonnie came up with it and at times you'll even be able to even control flying Bond around on your own in the jetpack.

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no. Hopefully Lonnie isn't the lead on this. Guaranteed just "good enough" software when his name's on it.

Haha. Yeah. This feature seems neat though.. they said there's a bunch of lighting effects in the area too if you accomplish it. I was worried it was lame with just the ball dropping on the target and that's it, but it seems to be well thought out. Looking forward to the gameplay video.

#3541 1 year ago

The Insider Connected podcast..

Quoted from iceman44:

What podcast has Gomez interview

https://insider.sternpinball.com/exclusives/318

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now that’s a looker
[quoted image]

Nah.. I love the LE and that George designed it. Funny how this one was posted with the Topper & shooter rod though. Take those things away and look at the game again.. that's how I made the decision it's not worth 10k more. LOL.
Also, as expected.. everything gets replaced with an LCD and I can't stand that, I think it would've been cool to actually see a throwback score reel.

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I really like all the artwork .I really like what I see in the cornerstone a lot .It’s just this looks like something real special if it’s packed with footage from the whole library and Elwin designing a pin that’s real special to him .I’m in a sell to buy mode .This would take a haul and is unlikely but ………

It's OK. It's just strange to me how they decided to let Elwin do a James Bond too. I mean, George is the guy for Bond and I want his game! but then it seems they got Elwin later to do another one because he's popular right now and decided to go after the crazy cash. I think they didn't have to make this one but for those who want it? It's there! Get both for only $40k but I'm in for the one and happy with the LE no doubt about it.

#3833 1 year ago

This friggin' guy on that video had me in tears! The D--- shot! You gotta hand it to Gomez, either intentionally or inadvertently, he captured the spirit of James Bond 007 to the Tee! I mean, how can you have a Bond game without sexual innuendoes? I can't wait to see the gameplay. Man Talk.

#3991 1 year ago

The expensive Topperless pin seems to be the new style at the moment. Maybe that’s a good thing.

#4108 1 year ago

Funny thing.. Stern has the Pro pix on Facebook today and they are nice, however the video says 'partially muted due to copyright claim'. Seriously?

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Gluttony is sucking the soul out of our great hobby. Fortunately, I love my current lineup and would be happy if I never purchased another game!
In terms of business model, Spooky has is right...make "x" games and let the buyers decide what goodies they want. Sure, they don't have the tech prowess or manufacturing capabilities of Stern, but they are right minded. Stern's bizarre decision regarding the Keith 60th anniversary couldn't be more of a slap in the face.

No doubt about it, Stern has entered Bizarro World. I do like Gomez’s vision for the Bond cornerstones.

6CF8D853-BA08-4E17-B5A5-57E0AB881050 (resized).jpeg6CF8D853-BA08-4E17-B5A5-57E0AB881050 (resized).jpeg
#4425 1 year ago

Paid my LE in full this morning.

Fun Fact: Jimmy Page played guitar in the orchestra of the original Goldfinger recording. This is a good read below. Let’s hope they have the Shirley Bassey version in the game.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-goldfinger-theme/

#4442 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Does everyone feel I would be fine ordering the SPIKE 2 shaker from Pinball Life for this? Only reason I'm asking is because the last one I bought from them (for AC/DC) actually touched the tilt bob and completely interfered with it. Maybe it was a fluke install of the tilt bob, but thought I would ask rather than repeat that nonsense again.

It should be fine, the shaker motor installs on the right on the other side away from the tilt bob. I just installed one on Rush last night, works great.

#4475 1 year ago

I love Sean Connery, favorite actor, and George Gomez, favorite designer. Monster Bash is my favorite all-time game by far and love the ode to it with the underwater scuba scene on the left like the Creature. Very excited to see the gameplay, sounds, music, video as it's endless with all the Connery films, all versions will be great on this merit alone. I hope Gomez approaches it like Batman '66. I see a lot of similarities with the left to right Bond jetback being the crane and the deep amount of villain inserts which I love on '66. Many modes and possibilities! Lyman is no longer here but Mike & Lonnie seem into it, I know they'll do the game proud no matter what. Do it for Lyman guys! Can't wait to see it in action!

#4534 1 year ago

In my opinion, the game is loaded regarding mechs & toys, couldn’t be happier with in that regard. Theres something going on in every corner and in the middle, multiple ramps, crazy cool ball looks, sleek wireforms. I’m looking forward to seeing how they manage to incorporate the music into the game because the Connery film soundtracks tend to have an orchestrated thought provoking 60’s kinda vibe with many motion picture instrumental compositions. How many will be original, any created for the game to fill it out? I thought they did a great job with Batman ‘66 incorporating a little bit of jazz, we will see!

#4538 1 year ago

One thing for sure is that Stern is making awesome Pro’s and this one will be no different. I see some collector’s who try and stay with one version or the other of everything but I like having different versions of games as they play differently. Absolutely love my Ghostbusters Pro and Stranger Things Pro in particular.

#4624 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

Bond In London video

Nice. Thanks for posting! Loud in there but love the flow overall and especially like the third flipper on the left side shooting to to the right! Something different for me after LZ and Rush. It's got a tremendous foundation to work with & looking forward to seeing more as the game progresses!

#4903 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

From PinballNews article.
[quoted image]

Damn.. that’s a gorgeous shot. Can’t knock the design. The building/lock mech on the back left reminds me of Godzilla from this angle. Make it great with the code guys.

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Who knows what Keith and the team will come up with, but I think, in general, trying to incorporate 25 movies over a 60 year period, into one pin, is way too much. I think the game could be great, and feature more of a 10,000 foot Bond overview, more superficial theme integration, which could suit a simpler era of game better. I'm looking forward to see what they do.
I'm really glad they decided to focus the theme for the cornerstone release on one era. Makes for a lot more cohesion in the theme I think.

Agreed. Connery is James Bond, just like Adam West is Batman. OG. It’s who people will see 100 years from now, who represents that character. This reminds me a lot of what goes on in arcade collecting. When people take an original game and convert it to a 60-in-1 multi, even though the games are fun to play it destroys the game value and desirability of the single theme because it becomes too diluted or like a ‘greatest hits’ compilation of music and after listening you crave some of the songs on the individual original release recordings the most. I just bought for 73.00 all the Bond assets, lol, all the Bond films on Blu-Ray, highest definition possible and thoroughly enjoying them right now, starting with all the Connery films. It’s Terrific. I’m looking forward to Thunderball LE! I think the Jetpack theme is 007 to the T & GG nailed it! I’ll decide on this 60th one once I see the price but no way I’m paying top dollar for various snippets, limited songs, small lcd, and a single level playfield. I do like Ramps too, especially these on the cornerstone, very much so!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IQJ3LOI

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:Same here. I've always been a DMD and newer pinball guy. T2 was the first pin I really remember playing a lot at a bowling alley when I was a kid, and I've always wanted the ramps, more complex rules, and mechanical features that newer games have.
If there was a single level pin that would get me interested it would be a Keith design with a theme like Bond.

Yes, I owned a T2 at one time too, restored it & loved it. It's the game that really got me to appreciate Steve Ritchie.

I'm still intrigued about the Elwin game but lots of questions remain, want to be sure it's worth it.

#5150 1 year ago

Based on the playfield, it appears there are modes for each movie as the player progresses and as a music guy I would expect to hear the congas from Dr. No, Three Blind Mice, You Only Live Twice Nancy Sinatra, Goldfinger with Shirley Bassey, etc. If there’s no songs then what are we paying for Stern? I’m watching the Elwin release too.. If I don’t hear Duran Duran View to a Kill and Gladys Knight License to Kill, etc. then I’d seriously question Stern and if Stern has paid for music rights and if it’s all just profit minded. It’s too big for me to ignore especially with the Bond movies and I think we’d be all idiots to accept just a single Bond theme for the whole game and with a price increase? George & Lyman used everything for Batman ‘66, there is so much sound, so much video footage, a million custom callouts, from both Burt & Adam, the music changes constantly even though the main theme is Batman, there’s no comparison so to speak, so to compare the code now? I think that would be crazy. I expect there will be a gazillion clips they’ll be using, especially with Bond and the jetpack, underwater fighting scenes from Thunderball, Aston Martin car eject scenes, they have it all on the playfield! and the design is all there! They have their work cutout for them.. Lyman has BIG shoes to fill!!

9160FA8D-6E38-443A-BE9E-EDC9208955CB (resized).jpeg9160FA8D-6E38-443A-BE9E-EDC9208955CB (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5575 1 year ago

Every few days, Stern is posting a little more video on Facebook about the game, it’s looking better and better. Love this one with Oddjob and the lock before the flipper I didn’t notice till now. The games is packed hardware wise and should really be great when it matures.

https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/pfbid055grF8P735YTLyWQxfDeGMuGvRRocnsZTVax9wu8a6ix2Tbjy6AyKdsAiZp2xMp4l/?app=fbl

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I like the lock before the flipper. Should be done more. First time I played CCr I was hooked on that.

Yes. I like it too, less cradling and can try for a super clean shot.

#5690 1 year ago

This reminds me of the video game controversy in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s. Don’t let your kids play Pac-Man!

I guess there’s always the G-rated Toy Story thread if you don’t like Bond, right?

#5828 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Back on track
[quoted image]

Gummy bears and scotch. One of the best meme’s I’ve ever seen. Bond is for entertainment purposes folks. The guy’s a friggin’ spy! He drives around in an expensive sports car, smokes cigarettes, drinks alcohol, bangs a different chick every night and kills people, all while seemingly never having to go the bathroom to take a pee! Do not attempt to try this at home! You probably won’t live past 50! Lol. However if this sort of entertainment doesn’t float your boat? There’s always Disney+. I want James Bond on my pin exactly the way he is in the movies. My home arcade is for entertainment purposes too, not a workplace environment where I have to worry about what I say or else get fired. Man talk multi-ball please! More Pussy Galore!

#5911 1 year ago

The optical spinner and animation with the chicks for Diamonds are Forever looks fantastic. I think this is exactly what the game needs. Please don't hide the Bond girls, Stern! It's the games best assets.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=1068616483804110

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Interesting that one of the goals will be to keep it spinning, which should spin real good as an opto spinner

Yes.. I fell for opto spinners With LZ. Charging up the electric magic opto spinner makes the whole game imo. I'm curious now that it's used in Bond this way for sure. Looks good.

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully they have changed the sound on the spinner. Does make me want to change the spinners on Ironman to optos those things spin!

Looking forward to hearing how the spinner sounds in the stream as the previous videos had a lot of noise in the background.

#5943 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Of course pinball has always been woke... I'm going to put my 007 next to my whoa Nellie, sexy girl, luci, and Stern playboy, when it arrives.

Nice.. and don’t forget Julie Newmar as Catwoman from Batman ‘66. Purrfect.

#5950 1 year ago

Today is the pinball Awakening. I just realized there’s a James Bond pin reveal later with George Gomez & Dead Flip?!

#5957 1 year ago

Awesome! Straight up coffee, Jack! will start brewing some in about 1/2 hour.

and damn You Only Live Twice was a good one.. Pin looks amazing!

#5961 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I will not be watching this or any other stream until I get my game. It's already bought and paid for, so I want to discover all the ins and outs myself rather than watching someone else do it. After I've played 50 or so games, I'll watch Ray Davidson or someone playing it on a stream so I can learn how to score and progress though the game.

I'm just watching to see how far the code has come since that aweful prototype showing in London. The gameplay is irrelevant to me, already seen it by a great player there, I want to see how they're incorporating the hardware into the software and I'm hoping for more than a roulette wheel at this point.

#5993 1 year ago

It's come a long way since last month! The animations are much improved. I think the playfield is absolutely stacked! every corner, every angle, something cool about the hardware. Love the ball eject below the left flipper. What's disappointing as hell to me so far is that there seems to be no music except for the Bond theme? Not even when the modes change to different films. Did I hear Gomez say the licensing issues were expensive with some of our favorites from 60 year old Connery films? C'mon?! Good luck with the 60th and artists from other Bond movies. The games needs musical flow, better dynamics to break things up.. I think if they can improve on this, the games a clear winner.

#5996 1 year ago

He just said You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever, From Russia with Love. No Goldfinger? Damn. I'm not logged onto the Twitch. The game also needs WAY more Bond Girl footage and animation. The girls faces look great when they come up! but I didn't see the Diamonds are Forever silhouette animations or anything. It needs more LOVE scenes AKA sexual content.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

At one point the mr wint and mr kidd mode put a smile on my face. More bond wit and playing out the fun movie moments like that is what the code needs as it matures.
Don't forget the bond girls need love too.

Yep. More Bond girl footage, more music, tie in the overall sound better. No doubt it's gonna be a great game! It's gotta lotta good going for it already with plenty of code updates to come. George Gomez is the best, it sounds like he's working with what he can. Please see it through George, just like Batman '66! The game deserves your best effort, all the bones there for a great game in the end.

#6156 1 year ago

The way to bring the Bond girls in the game would be to use all the silhouettes from the opening and ending credits. Nothing inappropriate and a big trademark of all Bond films. Very happy Gomez secured You Only Live Twice, that one alone has fantastic images..

7D07044A-EFBA-4F36-9E47-D94B3C35E0B6 (resized).jpeg7D07044A-EFBA-4F36-9E47-D94B3C35E0B6 (resized).jpegBEC77D6C-ACC8-4CA8-85E9-C52A39FA07CB (resized).jpegBEC77D6C-ACC8-4CA8-85E9-C52A39FA07CB (resized).jpeg
#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

This is just my opinion, but I felt the same way once I played Zeppelin and knew that because of the shots and layout, it would not be a keeper.
I HAVE played Bond 007. My conclusion is the shots and layout are really good and doable at all skill levels.
Funny thing is that for the most part in regards to Led Zeppelin, code was pretty advanced when it came out where as Bond code is early yet the layout and shot are satisfying . There’s no question in my mind that this game will stick in my collection.
Full discourse: I’m a big fan of both LZ and 007.
The friends I came with also had positive comments.
If the game was shitty I would say so but again just one opinion of someone who played it , not just watched video.

I'll go against the grain here and say Led Zeppelin is a keeper.

you know who loves Zeppelin? anyone that doesn't know too much about pinball who you invite over to play. It will be their favorite game, guaranteed. It's my wife's favorite game and she made asked me politely to get rid of GNR because she though LZ was so much better.

There's a lot of things wrong with LZ for a pure fan of the band like me, yes, but they got a ton of things right too. The songs are some of the greatest ever, it's the first game with expression lighting and the game absolutely rips, is lightning fast, it's just fun and anyone can pick up and play it, have a good time.

Full disclosure.. I have a LZ LE and a Bond LE paid in full on order.

#6173 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Two points:
1) If you are not interested in 50-year-old themes, why are you looking at a thread about a game that covers movies from 1962 to 1971? Most everyone here is interested in playing/owning this title and want to discuss things relevant to it. Go complain about random crap in another thread or start a thread about whatever you want to complain about. If you want to suggest random themes unrelated to James Bond, try the "Next Stern Pin" thread.
2) That Crazy Levi character may not be so crazy after all.

For sure & Bond is already a 'good' game, no question is about, the verdict is out on whether it will be 'great' but c'mon guys Lyman is also not here with us, so that is what sucks. There's a lot of games that probably wouldn't have been as good without Lyman.. even Metallica, Walking Dead, etc. Many. I do think Gomez outdid himself with the design and there's so much hardware on Bond, it may even make up for some code issues going forward but just hoping with each code release we see more movie footage, images and the theme becomes more & more authentic Connery James 007, theme is important to me with this one. I'm not sure manufacturers would be looking at the Disney license for pinball too much at the moment after what happened with TS4 unless it's something more on the Marvel side again or darker Tim Burton style.

#6287 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Does anyone know how the music licensing for a pinball machine works? Gomez said the music license holder wanted more money for the Goldfinger song than the entire Bond license costs (so they did not get that song). If I buy the song for personal use I can get the MP3 on Amazon for only 89 cents (and that includes Amazon's cut) so why should it be more to put it on a pinball machine (per game)?
Alternatively, why can't Stern just make a feature on new games where we can load our own songs and can swap out the default music?

Good points.. there’s no excuse, really. it’s all software and can be developed the same way a Jukebox option is inserted into code.. at the very least they could just be sure all new code improvements can still be opened in Pinball Browser.. it would just take a minute for the programmer to check that and especially if now Gomez admitted the song licenses are too expensive even though the game is costing us a fortune. They could just design it, leave the music out of that mode and make no assertion that Goldfinger should be inserted there, for example, let us do it. Easier to code too. Fact: There’s no music for the mode in the code already! So note to Gomez, just leave it as it is and please just make sure we can add it if desired.

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

I don't have the timestamp, but Gomez on the reveal stream about this topic said (paraphrase) It doesn't have this song, but I am sure you all will figure it out. So he's all but said he thinks we should hijack the code to add it, even though its explicitly against the EULA. So I have to imagine there are some licensors that want things locked down more than Stern cares about having them locked down.

Yes.. and legally if they can ship the game out with code unfinished? With no songs required for the different movie modes? I don't see any way that it can violate any EULA. If this is the case and they insisted that Stern use the soundtrack songs, imagine how much the 60th version would cost with many more movies. They are paying for some of the songs from the movies, but with the songs they have secured so far, some movie modes would not have the corresponding theme song for it so everything else as of now is just the James Bond theme mixed over. I'm hoping if they won't leave it open, that they'll have and Orchestrated version for Goldfinger & Thunderball as those are the 2 songs that Gomez said they couldn't secure the rights for as they were too expensive.

#6294 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I took it as less about encouraging it vs acknowledging people are going to figure out how regardless

Yes, I think someone will.. just lately with the new code releases written for Insider connected, it hasn't been as easy to play with the software as before. We don't know if this is intentional or not but I don't think it's intentional, I just think it's because Pinball Browser hasn't been updated in a while, so it's not recognizing a new format from Stern. Which is why I mentioned that if not intentional then Stern could easily check this as well.

#6359 1 year ago

I just sold my LE & I'm out.. for now. Will consider a Premium next year. I thought about this the last few days and I just can't see appreciating a Thunderball LE version of a Bond game that's branded 'Thunderball' across the sideart without including the Thunderball track.. and I just don't trust that all of the sudden next year, they'll acquire the rights to & release a Goldfinger LE version of the game with the song in it for a '3rd' version of the Bond game, lol, and I don't know what I think of that, honestly. I don't want to hear elevator versions of the songs either so I have low expectations for the 60th version and which original songs will be included in that as well. I think Stern has to seriously look at this issue a bit harder, find ways to leave things open for customization in the code at the price they are charging now too. Many of us understand that it's expensive to acquire the rights to music in Stern's traditional fashion, however, we all have Android phones, iPhone's, that are still open for user rights, customization in this area. For example, we can buy songs off Amazon or iTunes, even Autorip if buying a CD version of the album in many cases. I can still download the CD's I own onto my phone in a much better sounding lossless compression than what's offered if I buy individual tracks and it's totally legal. I can even play them with no Internet connection or cell signal required while off the grid, hiking, etc. Android and Apple still have the right to allow this in their software, hardware without worry of being sued by artists or the music industry, so I think Stern can absolutely find ways to work around this issue. IP may want control of how the license is portrayed and presented but they know ZERO about Pinball, inner workings of the games and have no control over what Stern needs to do for the game to function in it's proprietary Spike 2 environment for example. They don't control how many sectors Stern can leave open in it's software to allow for me to custom my game if desired, etc. The same way the IP can't control if I want to put a 'Custom message' on startup that Stern has the rights to design into it's software.. it's my right to have the message say anything I please as the owner, even if it were on location in a business, and that would be on me & the business to take full responsibility for that message if it's appropriate or not. Stern can absolutely leave some things open if they'd like for us to customize things and they don't even have to say a word about it if their worried about violating any agreement. I also created an Orchestration for the Tommy game with the Original Motion Picture soundtrack from a cd that I ripped, legally own, and it's my best sounding, most complete music game in my collection, that has all my favorite Who songs & more. Pinsound for example, is a great, legal company, that makes great products and they get around it, the same way Stern could design, and at the very least get around things, if they continue to innovate. I don't want to see great games like Godzilla, Bond, being released any longer featuring just 1 song or a couple of songs without the ability to customize. Not at these prices, so being a musician, collector, fan, hobbyist who buys these games for personal use? not to flip? The Premium is looking much better to me right now because of the music rights issue & because aesthetically it's a complete game at a better price, abd it's branded "You Only Live Twice" with the art, it was one of my favorite Connery movies taking place in Japan and it has the original You Only Live Twice song by Nancy Sinatra, missing no game features. One can always powder coat the armor.. so if the games ends up great? I'll probably pick up a Premium next year! Until then. Peace.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,100 (OBO)
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=80sman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.