B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 151.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

No love for From Russia with Love?

These days it's , From Russia with Cluster Bombs .

#2602 1 year ago

Anyone know if Stern will be providing distributors Bond info today ?

Conference call etc ?

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Conference call etc ?

Thursday

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

For Oz i was told most likely early next week (for the distributor to update their website on new pricing etc) so late this week i would assume for US

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You trying to tell us something? You are pretty much correct every time.

Don’t know, just conversation.

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What if……. Elwin’s version is a reimagined Quicksilver or Stargazer with all Roger Moore assets ? Would you buy it?
[quoted image]

That would be a fast transition from golden goose designer to just a name they just slap on machines to boost sales.

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

... The Batman 66 SLE was really special, only SLE imo where they went all out and pulled out all the stops.

Batman SLE (like others after it) was a joke - nowhere near being worth the extra cost over an LE. Ridiculously cheap added toys and pinstriping that peeled off under normal use.

Stern has certainly capitalized on buyers willing to pay absurd prices just to own a limited "best" version.

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here let me break it down for you.

Pro - Hurts to sit for long car rides. Hemorrhoid cushion could help.

Premium- Might walk with a limp , forget about sitting down for a couple of weeks. Lay on your stomach.

LE - Full blown PINK SOCK. Full asshole inside out, and your underwear is now a hammock to coil it up.

No version comes with lube of any kind.

Not true my Godzilla LE came with a small bottle of lube! Worth every drop of it

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Not true my Godzilla LE came with a small bottle of lube! Worth every drop of it

they took away drops with every release. Now it's just an empty bottle. No lube for us anymore.

#2610 1 year ago

I think I am starting to enter the next stage of collecting. No longer am I feeling this urge to have to have it now. My FOMO is fading away-like a fart in the wind. I keep thinking to myself-are you done with FOMO? Then the little devil on my shoulder says no-there may still be a few themes out there that would bring back the FOMO. I ask myself-what may bring back this FOMO feeling I have felt for so long? BTTF, and Beetlejuice will bring the FOMO back! Well what about Harry Potter-meh, Jaws-meh, Pulp Fiction-meh, rethemed 40 year old single level game-meh. Seems like very few themes are getting me jazzed nowadays.

Pro looks like it will have some good flow-looking forward to video this week

#2611 1 year ago

I'm a little disapointed they went with a basic plunger instead of the Walter PPK on Golden Eye. If there is one game that deserves a gun trigger right after watching the 007 turn and shoot intro this it!

SmartSelect_20220919-091817_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220919-091817_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm a little disapointed they went with a basic plunger instead of the Walter PPK on Golden Eye

I don't know I may be in the minority but some of the guns protruding outwards are almost more of a hazard than they are worth. The novelty factor wears off quickly-while the bruises you receive on your hip from hitting the gun walking by it-takes weeks to heal. I can't tell you how many times I have ran into the protruding guns on games and then end up screaming profanities.

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think I am starting to enter the next stage of collecting. No longer am I feeling this urge to have to have it now. My FOMO is fading away-like a fart in the wind. I keep thinking to myself-are you done with FOMO? Then the little devil on my shoulder says no-there may still be a few themes out there that would bring back the FOMO. I ask myself-what may bring back this FOMO feeling I have felt for so long? BTTF, and Beetlejuice will bring the FOMO back! Well what about Harry Potter-meh, Jaws-meh, Pulp Fiction-meh, rethemed 40 year old single level game-meh. Seems like very few themes are getting me jazzed nowadays.

Maybe you could start selling/trading some of your 80 games(preferably to people here in CO) then you can get back to FOMO and get out of hoarding.

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

preferably to people here in CO

Hey dog, I will be listing my CQ Gladiators(previously owned by the man himself-Odin) and you get first dibs . I really do not want to sell it-but other games are inbound.

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm a little disapointed they went with a basic plunger instead of the Walter PPK on Golden Eye. If there is one game that deserves a gun trigger right after watching the 007 turn and shoot intro this it!
[quoted image]

Agreed, shooters were fun and could also used as the action button rather than the flashy button in the center… which is lame.

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Batman SLE (like others after it) was a joke - nowhere near being worth the extra cost over an LE. Ridiculously cheap added toys and pinstriping that peeled off under normal use.
Stern has certainly capitalized on buyers willing to pay absurd prices just to own a limited "best" version.

You're not mentioning the biggest feature of the SLE: custom callouts from Adam West for each SLE owner

(Granted, the callout is basically a bunch of iterations on "Shoot the batphone, [name]")

The way to make the SLE "worth it" is to just have one small mechanical or software difference. Custom call out, extra mode, special topper, etc...

Also "worth" is very subjective in a hobby with such deep pockets

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

[quoted image]

It depends how creative the coding team are. A plunger could be used for many other things rather than simulating a simple gunshot. It could launch missiles, torpedoes, spearguns, bowler hats, Ninja stars... limiting the ball launch to a standard gunshot would be unimaginative.

I do like novelty-shaped launchers though.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Value is a subjective thing - but you are misrepresenting what was different about the BM66SLE. Here are the things that were on the SLE:

Hyper chrome embossed decals (prettiest decals I've ever seen)
Topper with bat signal projector
Custom translite (plus the Prem and LE translites)
Batmobile/bat boat/bat copter/bat cycle toys
Side blades
Metallic flake powder (speaker panel too) with pinstriping
Upgraded speaker system with LED surrounds and LED bat logos
Upgraded amps
Headphone Jack in door
Signed Adam West card
Custom callout of your first name by Adam West
Meet and greet with Adam West and private tour of Stern factory
Playfield signed by Gomez and Sheets
Left ramp is blue transluscent powder

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also "worth" is very subjective in a hobby with such deep pockets

Considering what BM66 SLE sell for these days, they were well worth the original asking price.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know I may be in the minority but some of the guns protruding outwards are almost more of a hazard than they are worth.

Yeah my hip used to lose the battle every time against the guns on those 90's games. In a similar situation, the trailer hitch on my Yukon is an undefeated 54-0 vs my shins.

#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Value is a subjective thing - but you are misrepresenting what was different about the BM66SLE. Here are the things that were on the SLE:
Hyper chrome embossed decals (prettiest decals I've ever seen)
Topper with bat signal projector
Custom translite (plus the Prem and LE translites)
Batmobile/bat boat/bat copter/bat cycle toys
Side blades
Metallic flake powder (speaker panel too) with pinstriping
Upgraded speaker system with LED surrounds and LED bat logos
Upgraded amps
Headphone Jack in door
Signed Adam West card
Custom callout of your first name by Adam West
Meet and greet with Adam West and private tour of Stern factory
Playfield signed by Gomez and Sheets
Left ramp is blue transluscent powder

Yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder, but the side art of the BM66 SLE is, by far, the coolest looking cabinet that I have seen. I wish I had one... but I don't!

#2622 1 year ago

I can pretty much guarantee there are modders out there about to go scavenge gun holders from parted out games. The trigger could be rewired to the action button. You'd loose the manual plunge, but it would work for full launching and anything the game is going to use the button for (looks like it could be for activating playfield X)

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know I may be in the minority but some of the guns protruding outwards are almost more of a hazard than they are worth. The novelty factor wears off quickly-while the bruises you receive on your hip from hitting the gun walking by it-takes weeks to heal. I can't tell you how many times I have ran into the protruding guns on games and then end up screaming profanities.

Plus it's just the same thing as a launch button. Plunger allows you to have skill shots and control where the ball goes on the pf. Unless you do something cool with the gun during gameplay it's useless.

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

In a similar situation, the trailer hitch on my Yukon is an undefeated 54-0 vs my shins.

That made me laugh-and when you hit your shins-that pain is like no other. I don't know why but Indiana Jones gun would always get me-doh!

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unless you do something cool with the gun during gameplay it's useless.

I recently added the Stern Jurassic Park amber light up rod and I thought afterwards-it almost sticks out too much. It is super cool-so I kept it

#2626 1 year ago

Pinball rumors on 007 launch... almost nothing new

9 minute update on TPN
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7h2ca-12c8e88

60th Anniversary to be revealed: To be different and have more Bonds. Single level only E.M. inspired game... similar to Beatles. Redesigned by Elwin.
Almost nothing revealed to dealers.

September 22 and 10 a.m. central is official release time.

#2627 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know why but Indiana Jones gun would always get me-doh!

Got the same love hate relationship with my FT

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I recently added the Stern Jurassic Park amber light up rod and I thought afterwards-it almost sticks out too much. It is super cool-so I kept it

The katana handle on turtles always gets me

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unless you do something cool with the gun during gameplay it's useless.

Ok, ok, ok, ok I will admit-I do like the gun interaction with T3-(shoot here-shoot here )

-But if it is just to launch a ball-no

-Cool video hurry up modes like Hogan's Alley-maybe

ok ok ok (resized).jpgok ok ok (resized).jpg

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So pretty much your average pinball podcast then

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok, ok, ok, ok I will admit-I do like the gun interaction with T3-(shoot here-shoot here )
-But if it is just to launch a ball-no
-Cool video hurry up modes like Hogan's Alley-maybe
[quoted image]

Goldeneye used it pretty good. Take your hand off the flipper and shoot gun in certain modes for added difficulty.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So pretty much your average pinball podcast then

Yep. Lots of mud thrown at Stern. They did say that Kaneda seemed to have the goods but didn't expand on what he said.

#2632 1 year ago

9 minute update on TPN
60th Anniversary to be revealed: To be different and have more Bonds. Single level only E.M. inspired game... similar to Beatles. Redesigned by Elwin.

So Whoa Nellie big juicy Bonds then

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think I am starting to enter the next stage of collecting. No longer am I feeling this urge to have to have it now. My FOMO is fading away-like a fart in the wind. I keep thinking to myself-are you done with FOMO? Then the little devil on my shoulder says no-there may still be a few themes out there that would bring back the FOMO. I ask myself-what may bring back this FOMO feeling I have felt for so long? BTTF, and Beetlejuice will bring the FOMO back!

At some point space becomes a limiting factor and collecting becomes curating and maintenance. When you get to the point where every game is a favorite/keeper/bolted FOMO is reserved for that one title that is your missing holy grail (in my case a new BTTF). Bond looks really interesting but my world won’t end if I don’t get an LE. And sometimes you just have to decide if you are going to enjoy the new longer than the old? As time goes on, the answer to that question is more often no.

#2634 1 year ago

9 minute update on TPN

Not going to care about some super special edition game that I will never get to see nor play, that a bunch of regulars will get to own and put less than a hundred games on it until they resell at a higher price..

#2635 1 year ago

You FOMO suckers will never change, that's the entire point. You'll also never run out of space; you'll just sell last year's FOMO for this year's.

You ain't fooling anybody!

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

There’s your answer guys. Pay attention to this post.

That's what it is, rumors seem to all over that narrative. And if MN says it, then that's the final nail

Don't know how i feel about another Beatles?

#2637 1 year ago

I am somewhat new here-quick question-when you buy a Kapow game do you have the option of KY or Vaseline? I want to make sure I choose correctly

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You FOMO suckers will never change, that's the entire point. You'll also never run out of space; you'll just sell last year's FOMO for this year's.
You ain't fooling anybody!

Hey! Some of us rely on the FOMO folks for our pins... at least the ones that go down in value after a year or two.

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am somewhat new here-quick question-when you buy a Kapow game do you have the option of KY or Vaseline? I want to make sure I choose correctly

Don't forget the optional grade of sand with your decision!

#2640 1 year ago

This is either about FOMO or some being obsessed about getting a proctology exam.

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Don't forget the optional grade of sand with your decision!

STTNG Ay Caramba (resized).jpgSTTNG Ay Caramba (resized).jpg
#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I recommend the following..!

Swiss-Navy-GREASE-16-oz-473ml-BOT-1_1032x.progressive (resized).jpgSwiss-Navy-GREASE-16-oz-473ml-BOT-1_1032x.progressive (resized).jpg
#2644 1 year ago
enough2 (resized).jpgenough2 (resized).jpg
#2645 1 year ago

Mr. Pinside antagonist aka 'The big bully'

You must be in a competition with sadsack or something?

I recommend a good book-it is called the Secret-may help give you some positive vibes so you do not feel the need to go around belittling people everyday-lighten up Francis or continue your squawking

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Mr. Pinside antagonist aka 'The big bully'
You must be in a competition with sadsack or something?
I recommend a good book-it is called the Secret-may help give you some positive vibes so you do not feel the need to go around belittling people everyday-lighten up Francis or continue your squawking

He’s right though? How many posts do we need that say that prices are too high (even before they’ve been announced), and then posts talking about lube etc?
I didn’t laugh at the first one, nor did I laugh at the tenth one. We get it. Let’s move on.

#2648 1 year ago

Polly want a cracker?

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I recommend the following..!

No Pain-No Gain!

That shit made my day-time to work

#2650 1 year ago

So the forth surprise might just be no price increase?
Is that a good surprise?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.