FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm sure someone is setting up a mini fog machine to blow up and around the rocket (from under the playfield), as we speak..Well, that's what I would be mocking up right now!, if I bought one..but just got a MMr so no buying for a while!

Fog machines leave residue. The inside of the machine would quickly be a mess if this were attempted.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from Snailman:

7x playfield multiplier? My guess is Dwight

Hopefully Tanio's still in the running. I want to see if Deadpool was a fluke, and that was the last Gomez pairing.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

It's the bond on the stick. Look at the pictures.

No. Hands are extended on the toy gomez showed, AND they had knives in them. Forgetting the knives, just the fact that the hands were extended disqualifies it from being the jetpack Bond where his hands are at waist level.

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

I just did a search and found these. Looks very retro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My main question from the pics is WHY is the arm for jetpack bond SO ENORMOUS? It's a huge eyesore. I can't believe they couldn't have gotten the job done with a slotted rod like 1/3 or 1/4th as big. What weight is at the end? A coil, a bracket, and a plastic figure? C'mon, Stern engineering, try harder.

jetpack-arm.jpgjetpack-arm.jpg
#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

It needs the strength to carry the ball. Ugly and cheap looking. Backboard reminds me of Thunderbirds.

Ball, coil, bracket, and figure do not need a (HOLLOW!) rod that huge. A solid, slotted rod (on one side, to hold the wire) would be plenty strong enough.

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

My hope is that it's to be sturdy and strong. It's apparently a magnet behind the figure that picks up and flies around with the ball. I would hope such a complex mech is sturdy as so many cranes in pinball machines go bad

Cranes go bad because their wires are dangling free when the claw drops, and a claw has WAY more weight than that jetpack assy. This jetpack arm is just lazy engineering.

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

They had to give the modding community something to do

Well, my OCD has made that enemy #1.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Brought to you by the people who invented the Rush scoop protector nubs.

Ah, yes, the "idiot sandwich" design.

RUSH Scoop confrontation.gifRUSH Scoop confrontation.gif
#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is thunderball art on PF with swimmers heading that way so makes sense

I hope so, and that it's not just a PF molded toy exclusive to the LEs that will be on top of the plastics near there...

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

If that arm swings fast (to make the ball drop a challenging shot), then it's got to be pretty stiff. A solid rod would bend; that hollow rod looks like a wise design choice. I'm digging the mechs on this, looks like a real winner. I'm actually pretty fond of the retro-art, too. They're doing the Bond movie poster thing, not unlike JJP GnR LE.
My wallet is feeling lighter already...

A 3/8" steel rod isn't bending from that load. It might SAG if the pivot point isn't properly designed, but bending? No way.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

That orbit shot through the ramps looks sweet.

That naked, exposed ramp edge on the left side of the right ramp going into that shot is going to be hell on balls. Missed shots will go full steam into the exposed end of a metal ramp. That's some engineering there.

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So aside from hating on the artwork, the exposed ramp edges (clearly terrible engineering, according to you), and this atrocious arm that supports the jetpack Bond, you're all in right?

I get every Stern these days for mods and temp testing, so that's a foregone conclusion. I don't KEEP any, but I have them all for some period of time.

#1288 1 year ago

Weird there's no 007 iconography on the backglass art, when they have it on the apron.

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

No James Bond or 007 written anywhere. Any chance that these pictures/games are being shown to throw us off? I mean if you didn’t tell me, I’d think the pro was a Dr. No game and not James Bond

007 is all over the apron, but it's the wrong 007 if Gomez was going for the retro look. So there can't have been a prohibition on using 007 because it IS on the game (wrong era logo - Roger Moore's 007 logo), just not on on the backglass.

Here's an article about the evolution of the logo:
https://spycommandfeatures.wordpress.com/the-evolution-of-the-007-logo/

Here's an era-appropriate (ugly) 007 to match the ugly backglass:
dr_no_backglass_007 (resized).jpgdr_no_backglass_007 (resized).jpg

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Backglass seems odd to me - looks like a placeholder. The 007 logo is weird.
Edit: Just saw that Pinmonk link and the logo is correct. Still an odd backglass.[quoted image]

I added the era-appropriate retro 007 logo to the Dr. No. There is no "007" or "James Bond" on the backglass at all, despite the Roger Moore era 007 logo being all over the apron and apron cards.

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

The only place I’ve seen James Bond is on the apron printed above the premium instruction card.

James Bond and the wrong era "007" are all over the aprons of the Pro AND the Prem. (Pro is on the right, barely in this pic)

e450c35dcff226420d111f20a3037ea23dc5c171 (resized).jpge450c35dcff226420d111f20a3037ea23dc5c171 (resized).jpg
#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

“James bond” is not all over. It’s written one time that I can find. On the left side of the aprons. Anyone find any others?

Look down. It's right there in the pic on the cab of the Prem, too.

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

A long wraparound sky blue sticker would be a super simple mod to help mask that arm.

I don't know if the blue would be less distracting. A mirror-polished arm would at least reflect what's around it and make it less obvious.

For the slot, I was thinking like blue car-wash microfiber fingers or something to fill in that giant black hole and still allow the arm to move unobstructed.

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm all for retro, but sorry, this......[quoted image]
looks nothing like this.....
[quoted image]
No 007, no credits, ot blurb up the top, just the image and Dr NO.
At least the Stern design/marketing team credits at the bottom, and cheesy pinball themed description up the top...and the 007 logo. Just looks really odd,.

It's also a san-serif font on the backglass. The original posters I've seen from the era have "Dr. No" in a serif font. Makes a difference. But maybe a serif font looked weird that gigantic.

Solution? Don't make it THAT GIGANTIC.

EDIT: Some of the posters have san serif fonts.

#1357 1 year ago

I would have much preferred to see some kind of original art using Dr. No characters for the Pro backglass. More like this...

dr_no_pro-revised (resized).jpgdr_no_pro-revised (resized).jpg
#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I was told that Stern didn't make these kind of mistakes and that only amateur companies like Spooky did

The guitar mistake on RUSH art for their most recent release says you're late with this assessment.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You would be surprised. Over a couple thousand games, depending on the speed at which it moves, it absolutely could bend. Very few things are designed solid steel. Solid steel is an engineering disaster waiting to happen. They taught us this by second year before I changed majors.

Speed is the unknown here, but I don't see this moving much faster than the Rescue 911 helicopter that's basically functionally the same idea (even more elaborate with a motor that turned the 'copter, in addition to grabbing and transporting the ball), and that had a very small rod:

Never seen a bent one of those, even decades later.

#1386 1 year ago

Or, ditching the yellow frame and blocking the title and James Bond would still be better than what they did, IMO.

dr_no_pro-revised2 (resized).jpgdr_no_pro-revised2 (resized).jpg
#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

No going to lie, I hate this backglass. Shades of Alec Baldwin on the Shadow... paging Aurich.

Super-ugly, and MUCH less design effort than The Shadow. Seems like a bad joke.

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

...and somehow found a way to illuminate the tilt bob with LED's.

Tilt bob cam needs to be a thing on streams. I've been saying it forever. The tension! The drama! The near misses!

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

You guys laugh but iam starting to like the pro cabinet .

That's it. Something bad's happening around Philly.

Your mom's getting scared. Says you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel air.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is there a link to the pics somewhere? Thanks

Click on image gallery at the top of the page in this thread. Pics start on page 2 of image gallery (NOT page 2 of thread, the image gallery).

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Spinal Tap not delayed?

Or maybe a stealth seizure inducer? What's wrong with that Spinal Tap PF insert LED programming in attract mode?

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, Complete all Bond assignments to start ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

Hidden Lazenby Bond confirmed?

I didn't realize until I read the wiki that 007 Magazine's reader poll put On Her Majesty's Secret Service at the top of the Bond pile:

1. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
2. Goldfinger
3. From Russia With Love

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

WTF? My faith in the readers of 007 Magazine is shattered.

It's a great Bond movie. There's a section on how retrospective reviews have boosted its reputation compared to all the Bonds of the Connery/Moore era, and I agree.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

With the release of James Bond and Toy Story, the old me would have bet the ranch that TS would be the packed one b/c it was JJP and stern could never compare to them in the toy department but sterns always shot “better” - felt “better”. I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone b/c Stern is now the one bringing the toys and even their layouts have been pretty fresh. I have to tip my hat to George and the boys. They are really bringing it. I just hope JJP wakes the F back up b/c right now they’re completely lost. Like Robbin Williams in Hook not knowing he’s truly Peter Pan. Bring the magic back!

As long as Lawlor is out of the building, JJP will be ok. He's tired and is not well suited to the 2020s pinball scene.

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from Nardax:

The first 9 are SLEs? All of the double Os... 001,002...

Knowing Stern, it's more like 70 SLE licenses to kill. 001, 001.1, 001.2, 001.3, 001.4, 001.5, 001.6, 001.7, 001.8, 001.9, 002, 002.1, etc.

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think KISS had some sort of super expensive release beyond the LE as well (?)

No, that was just the insane markup on the KISS fan club. Not a special version.

KISS LE is a beautiful pin. I had the Prem then the LE and the LE was a work of art (except for that cheapass fake mirrored backglass).

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yeah Kiss LE is a beaut, have one too.
Out of curiosity, what’s wrong with the mirrored back glass ?
Is it fake? Hope not….
Stern descriptive “Uniquely themed hand drawn, mirrored backglass (concert scene)”

I'm pretty sure KISS LE was the one where they had segments of mirrored material adhered to the back of the translite for a fake mirrored backglass effect. It wasn't a "real" mirrored backglass. I remember being really disappointed in the quality. I think Stern has since changed to actual mirrored backglasses on the LEs. RUSH LE I had seemed very nice and didn't look like the crappy KISS LE fake "mirrored" backglass.

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ thanks,
Just took them out…
GZ LE has a definite raised etched feel on the rear
Kiss LE is smooth [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm. I wonder which Stern LE it was that had the cheap-o glued mirrored segments...I know it was one of them, I just thought it was KISS...

Thinking through the LE SLE and Special editions I've had...maybe AC/DC Let there Be Rock edition? I dunno now...

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Value is a subjective thing -
Metallic flake powder (speaker panel too) with pinstriping

This wasn't "pinstriping" in the classic sense of painted on. It was cheap cut vinyl decals on the lockdown bar that came off from the heat of your hands in probably 30-40 plays. SUPER CHEAP.

As a one-time owner of a NIB Batman'66 SLE, I can confidently say it was a huge Stern money grab (for what, $6K over LE at the time? And NO distributor split, so PURE PROFIT once the modest BOM was subtracted.) with MAYBE $1000 BoM on the stuff added, corners cut on things like fake pinstriping and FEW or NO REPLACEMENT PARTS. My SLE was defective and the awesome cabinet stickers were delaminating around the shooter plate almost immediately. Stern's response? Sorry, we don't have any to replace that. They sent me a regular batman'66 coin door sticker as if that made it better.

On a $15k item.

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Stern just did a huge code drop, including 1.0 on Godzilla which now has the King of the Monsters final wizard mode, being streamed tomorrow. So their plate was full until Thursday anyways with the new code reveals for Rush and GZ.

Karl already streamed GZ's new code (as a beta) this past Sunday and I think the week before, too. Has the Ultra Final Wizard Mode in it. When you finish KotM if you haven't qualified for Ultra Final Wizard mode, the game ends. If you have qualified, you get the UFWM and THEN the game ends.

#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Not sure how I feel about code where the game ends.....

Not like it's the first Elwin to do that. Jurassic Park ended, too:

But if most people never get there, does it matter? Karl was saying the requirements to get to Ultra Final Wizard Mode and they are severe. He said he hasn't seen it yet after a week, and he's one of the best players out there.

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

totally agree, after the final mode in Medieval madness it said "shoot again". I was like no way , hands are tired now.

After getting through Eternal Life Multiball in Indy my arms were too shot to even think about doing it again. Wrangling a widebody for an hour is no joke. Ending the game with a bonus for unused balls is the right answer.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So.....hey Stern....
[quoted image]
The SPECTRE logo has evolved over time ... but the logo Stern is using in the ramps on the game is from the 2015 version, and not the 1965 version that it probably should be.
[quoted image]
Is Stern watching this thread? (Part of me hopes not, considering what a mess it's been, lol) But if they are, is it too late to correct this? It's the wrong version of the logo for this era Bond theme.

Licensor approved it, and actually the licensor may have required it. We don't know.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanPlaysPinball:

This is my first attempt buying a machine at release. How fast to they tipically go?

That fast. Already gone.

Kidding. Depends on which model you're looking for: Pro, Prem, LE.

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Same 1 second sell out. Why even make them available direct? Tease...

Yeah, should be a lottery. IC members that want one sign up and are told on launch day if their number is pulled. Much more fair way to do it given the level of interest in the LEs.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Ok, in the podcast just before 10 min George explains it. He says Bond with the ball in the jetpack, at a certain time is parked right over the tank, they feed you another ball and then it's like a hurry up, if you make the shot? It triggers a 2-ball multiball which can augment to 3. Pretty cool. He said Mike and Lonnie came up with it and at times you'll even be able to even control flying Bond around on your own in the jetpack.

Oh, no. Hopefully Lonnie isn't the lead on this. Guaranteed just "good enough" software when his name's on it. Really disappointed it isn't Tanio. If Lonnie's the lead, no wonder they kept it on the down low.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

100% confirmed in the Gomez/Vinikour podcast interview, it's Lonnie with Mike on rules design, just like Stranger Things.

Gross. Can't they just leave Lonnie on system level programming stuff? God knows there's a mountain of work left to do so it's not just emulating DMD era sterns on the Spike system menu.

Lonnie's games are the definition of "good enough and no more." Boo.

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's knocking the ball into stand up targets around it from what I can see.

That's sexual assault in some states.

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Any price idea at That 60th edition ?

$25k seems to be the consensus guess. But if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

I have a feeling the game has minimal code. Will be a long wait for game to develop. Does anyone know who is on code?

Seems to be Lonnie coding (boo) with MXV assist on rules.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Huh. Can afford and I always ask.

Don't take the common phrase about expensive stuff too seriously.

#4205 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

My next question:
So are premiums made first? i thought it was pros

Order of operations:

Small location-only Pro run
LE Run
Prem Run
Pro Run

The regular pro run is supposedly APRIL.

#4206 1 year ago

I do not understand people buying the LE over a Premium for over MSRP as if it was the holy grail, no offence, power to you, but I do not care about any of the 'upgrades' in fact, I would prefer upgrading a premium.

The main extra of an LE is the mirrored backglass. If you prefer them (and having had a few, I can see how you might), the ONLY way to get on is on an LE. Ditto the custom LE-only art blades. Some of the LE packages are very nice. For example, Deadpool has a beautiful LE with better art blades than Stern sells for the other machines, and a really beautiful backglass and orangey-red sparkle powdercoat. Really pops in real life.

#4207 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Has it been confirmed that this is KME layout ?
How many, how much ?

Says Bond 50, not Bond 60.
No Totan-style lamp mech with the oddjob hat.
Ramps - not street level.
Looks like bad digital pin.
Pretty sure the one you can kind of see a bit of in the mockup leaked pic is closer to the real deal.

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I vented and now moving on.

I want to go to there.

#4359 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

When are le’s shipping? Got my invoice to pay in full now.

Supposedly late November. Seems very premature. Maybe trying to get you to back out so they can mark up and sell to someone else.

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Just paid the invoice on my LE. Paid MSRP free shipping and no sales tax. So be patient and don’t give into FOMO from the flippers.

Why are you paying 6 weeks before shipping? Has Stern moved up the production?

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

On the LEs I think the dealers get invoiced and pay Stern in full very soon (prior to manufacture). Dealers will invoice and collect payment prior so they can pay their own invoices and the Dealers or Stern reallocate any allotments I’m guessing if buyers flake out. I’m thinking this is meant to reduce flipping as buyers have to tie up a lot of money for a few months, and also helps make the rollout of the LEs fast and smooth with little chance of unclaimed LEs sitting in stock.

Got it. I've ordered launch LEs from a number of dists over the years and never had to pay longer than a week or two before they shipped, so it seemed weird for payments now with Bond LEs 6 weeks from shipping at the earliest.

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

That shit needs to go or at least be a choice to block it if you're donating.
Just canceled my Pinside+ yearly renewal. Definitely DO NOT need stupid ads in threads cluttering shit up.

I mean, it's ONE midpage ad per thread page. One. That's a huge stretch to call it clutter. I get plenty of value from pinside to support it with pinside+. One ad isn't changing the value equation.

But as long as we're airing grievances, it would be nice if robin added the ability to embed 10mb or less mp4s for paying members. Gifs go to 10mb, and they're allowed for everyone, paying or not. It's just a pain not to be able to do mp4s too, even if they're limited to 10mb also. I don't want to have to upload even short/small videos to youtube just so I can embed them (or go through the hassle of converting them to gifs and losing sound).

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I think it’s a beta thing they are trying out. If enough users disapprove I’m sure it will go away.
Or it would be cool if they offered an option to block the ads if you don’t want them

I think the more fair version for robin to implement is if you pay for pinside+ you have the option to block the midpage ads (the bottom ones remain). But if you're mooching pinside with no financial support, the ads pay for your service, so no block option.

Really, though, it surprised me, too, but it wasn't a life-changing negative event some are making it out to be.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Aren't there ads at the bottom of each page already?

I think the mid-page ad is the shocker a few people are objecting to because it's a new development, and also large and pink.

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Strange I don’t.
[quoted image]

Also, sometimes the pages don't have them. I don't know why.

#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the 60th Anniversary editions being sold via distributors? Direct from stern or elsewhere?

I don't think anyone outside Stern or maybe their key dists know yet, but I strongly suspect it's similar to Elvira 40th, where Stern sells it to dists at a high price and the dist gets whatever they can for it. It sits in dealer stock until they get the price they want and Stern is paid up front.

#4486 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I object to the fact that the ad above is for a "as new-out of box" Bond for 17k when the guy clearly hasn't gotten his or even played it yet and is already trying to flip a used machine before it arrives. In my book, that's just a super-exclusive asshole move.

I'm not contesting that viewpoint at all.

Maybe robin can only make the "super exclusive" ad option available to people with a certain length of time as pinside+ members (1 year? 2 years?) or only with a certain number of completed pinside sales (10? 20?) so it's not just anyone coming in for the first time with the intent to flip and being able to immediately place a high visibility ad.

Also, maybe a prohibition on super-exclusive ads before a machine has started shipping.

#4487 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I love Sean Connery, favorite actor, and George Gomez, favorite designer...Mike & Lonnie seem into it, I know they'll do the game proud no matter what.

Gomez/Lonnie Ropp combination has produced "meh" results before with Transformers and the 2013 Avengers Premium, so I remain concerned by Lonnie being the lead on Bond without a heavy duty assist from Dwight or Tanio.

#4488 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought someone said earlier that pro's weren't until next April?

The first pros at the mid/end of Nov are for locations only, and a very small run. Not available to the general public. That's the April 2023 run of Pros from what I was told.

#4592 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, the upside of lackluster code is more money in your pocket I guess...nobody is forcing us to buy it. I love the rules/code in Stern's KISS (led by Ronnie)

whos that.gifwhos that.gif
#4619 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Definitely a long way to go, in terms of coding and full animations. But that is always the case. Nice to see some game play, though.

Yeah, looks more like the delay might be so it has a bit more code so doesn't ship like Batman'66. Bare bones at the moment. Jetpack multiball was what I was looking for and it didn't even give a ball to drop on the tank.

#4641 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The player never hit the left-orbit shot during the MB, and that seems like the shot that feeds to the jetpack. They did eventually hit that orbit, but it was seconds after draining down to a single ball. Ag, so close!
So perhaps we would have seen the jetpack do something if the player had hit that shit during the actual mb.

Dunno. The premiere video for premium is chopped up too much to understand the sequence (multiple different takes/angles for what should be a single action), but in that London video when jetpack multiball starts, bond "flies" back to the place where a ball should be (and isn't) before moving forward to the target over the tank with no ball in tow. Seems like it's just not finished.

#4644 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think the jet pack multiball started via a mystery award unless I saw it wrong.

Ah, right. A mystery "high stakes" award from the scoop by the 3rd flipper. Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't paying attention to the cards because I thought they were part of another mode and didn't think they'd have mystery awards on them.

#4658 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The scoring reminded me of of ST.
ST reminded me of GOTG.
GOTG reminded me of AS.
AS reminded me of KISS.
Which is a way of saying that Bond code will have similarities of all of above.
Lonnie code seems to use same base and then develop.

The system menu for Aerosmith had "KISS Army Multiball" in the settings of the first release of the code. OOPS.

Also, the song select bug from KISS code was also imported accidentally.

Yep. That's how the Lonnster rolls.

#4665 1 year ago
Quoted from peely:

Done any development before?

Heh, yeah, I've done a fair bit.

Quoted from peely:

Take routines that have been tested, change a bit, when under the pump and deploy.

It's not a surprise, but how hard is it to do some cleaning sweeps on the code to remove references to the prior use? It's not like he couldn't have searched the source for the word "KISS" - it just wasn't done.

He seems to do the reuse code thing with little change more than most at Stern, and bringing in a previously documented bug to Aerosmith with the reused KISS code was not that surprising.

He also is on record as saying Rolling Stones being one of the best Stern music pins. Really.

#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It's common in all markets, most code is evolutionary not revolutionary.
When I was reverse engineering code on the Chrysler fuel injection back in the early 90s it was frankly astonishing to see how much went back to the initial 1985 release. You could actually see how it was all added on and grew more complex from platform changes to platform changes 1985 -> 1988-1989 -> 1990+

It's more about the sloppiness than the fact that it's done. Not sweeping code for old names and bringing forward known, documented bugs without fixing them is just lazy.

#4673 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Time constraints and complexity are often issues.

Yes, I get that, but the patter is that it's often Lonnie's games that suffer or languish with boring code marked "finished."

Dwight has the occasional misfire, Rick Naegele rocks it with Elwin's designs, Lyman was almost always great to legendary, even if it took a bit, Tanio was AMAZING on Deadpool on his first time out as the lead, but Lonnie's are usually just "good enough" and sometimes not even that, UNLESS he has strong support from other coders.

#4674 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone grab it and can repost? Says private now.
And did danger confirm stream date?

Kicking myself for not grabbing it. I thought since it was a public showing it wouldn't be pulled. Guess I was wrong. Boo, Stern.

#4763 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Again without knowing more, hard to beat on one guy.
When the boss states SHIP IT, you ship it regardless if cleaned up or not. Some coders left to their own devices will noodle about forever.

I get that, but if it were the only reason, then there would be lower quality across the board from all the coders, and there's not. Lonnie is usually at or near the bottom of the heap, imo.

It doesn't change the fact that I've already committed to buy a Premium for temp testing/mod work but it has definitely deflated my expectations a bit since I was hoping for another stellar Gomez/Tanio teamup after their great work on Deadpool.

#4767 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Free can of natty light (pick up only) to the guy who uploads the video here first.

You can't upload video to pinside. The best you can do is embed a video uploaded to youtube.

#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from bfrosty:

Just curious, does anyone know what the MSRP was on JB Limited Edition? $15k?
TIA

The Thunderball LE is $12,999
The 60th LE is unpriced as of yet, but speculation is dealers will set the price.

#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Both deadpool and stranger things were pretty forgetable to me due to their code. It's really taken a lot of time to get them to redemption.

For sure. I hated Deadpool until Tanio added stacking and mechsuit at like .95 or something. Made a huge difference and really upped the funfactor of the game.

Stranger Things is okay in the end, but it's still a tale of lost opportunity. I'm still pissed Lonnie removed awards rather than coding them all as expected.

#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Ok the video got taken down... I want to see the flow of the game and don't need the updated code to get the feel... does anyone have a link to where I can still watch the video?

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread.

#4808 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm just going to take the time out to add that the ECLE WOZ is EASILY the very best version...and it isn't close.

For sure, but supposedly the direct print glossy cabs can chip on location and can't be fixed at that point. We had one out for 2-3 years and never had a single chip, even at the corners. I still prefer the ECLE direct print over the radcals.

#4809 1 year ago

Watched the London video again and concentrated on the screen. It's using Stranger Things fonts and animations for Jackpot, Super Jackpot, etc. Not even modified, just straight-up the same. I hope they're temporary, but...well, Lonnie.

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Price was the initial reason but also Lonnie on code was a close 2nd for why I went premium and didn’t want to lock myself into an LE.
Hopefully between Lonnie, MKV & GG they go to town on this code, why Lonnie didn’t just rip from BM66 and use that as a base I’ll never know, it would have been a great way to make the villain/henchmen modes like the villain modes from BM66 with the cash out or continue risk reward set up.
Updating that plan black bordering on the lcd with something more lively again like that used in bm66 is a must and will be a nice touch. [quoted image][quoted image]

Probably because Lonnie isn't that familiar with Batman'66 code since it's Lyman's and it's very well integrated. Must look like an alien landscape to him. Not super-encouraging that he's starting from a base of Stranger Things code (and that he thinks Rolling Stones is a great music pin).

Still, maybe Bond is Lonnie's time to emerge as the code swan he's always wanted to be. Fingers crossed.

#4813 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I watched the video and I honestly can't say I would want to play this more than a few times. So much going on on screen, but the playfield action just looked kind of bland. The ball shooting out of the sunroof happens so fast, you blink and you miss it.

Yeah, putting a slight close delay spring on the hatch so it opens quickly, but closes a little slower would make it more interesting to watch happen.

#4816 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds cool but in reality, where would you put the spring so it doesn't interfere with the ball?? On the inside i kinda doubt there would be room to do so but of course without seeing it in person that's hard to tell right now.

One of the first things I'll investigate.

#4818 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

it's a mini strut, similar to what a kitchen cabinet door has, but would need to be more micro sized.
There will be room to the sides of the trap door, you can see it's wide and also you know the ball is not hitting the edges coming out.[quoted image]

It'll likely have to be an improvised solution if it's possible. I doubt there's anything off the shelf that will work in a scale model that small. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised!

#4927 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I got a Deadpool Premium date May 21, 2022 and it has the finest clear coat that I have ever seen on a Stern. When they had the chipping problems back in the early JP and Iron Maiden days the removed the art from under posts and went with a really thin clear to remedy the issues. Now it seems like the clear is a little thicker again and really smooth and shiny. I suppose it varies from batch to batch but my GZ and Rush also have really nice clear coats on them.

Some GZ are showing up with REALLY THIN clear. Maybe Stern is still using multiple vendors for the printing and clear and some are better than others? Both the Pro and Prem NIB GZs I had came in looking fine, but I've seen some with water-thin clear recently. So thin the ARTWORK ink was raised above it.

#4995 1 year ago

Unpainted resin kit that will be beyond the skill level of many to assemble and paint, but nice cheap deal for those that can!

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is the latest on these shipping?

If you're an operator with a location, late Nov for the Pro. If you're a home user, you *might* get one out of that small operator-only run (according to Gomez, but I think he's just dressing up a pretty dire situation for home use Pros), but most will be waiting until April 2023 for a Pro. LE and Prem are December.

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I got an operator January built Rush leftover in February but Zach from Flipnout said on his last podcast Stern is pretty strict about the operator only rule now, so not likely to get an early Bond Pro.
I was told "Spring 2023".

Yeah, Stern has walked that back when people freaked out they were being made to wait 7 months for a Pro, or being forced to buy a Premium to get a Bond this year. They now say (to distributors) in Nov they're making a small amount of ones BEYOND the location-only ones and those "extras" are specifically to seed the home market and calm the angry hordes that make up most of their market. Dists are supposed to put in for the Pro allocations very soon. We'll see if this is true or BS in about 6 weeks.

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Any new gameplay footage floating around?

I haven't seen any. There's supposed to be another crack at it once the machines in London are successfully updated with more recent code. It'll be interesting to see if the Stranger Things jackpot, super, etc fonts and animations are still in it.

#5021 1 year ago

Ugh. If it is Stranger Things mash up mode I am out.

It just suggests that at least some of the code and graphic assets from Stranger Things were copied to Bond as a base. Pretty lazy not to even change the font and animation, though. Made it very obvious Stranger Things code and some graphics were in Bond.

So if 60 years x 25 films is 1500 units of the 60th. Maybe they'll have Bond-specific art packages for Connery (500), Moore (500), Brosnan or Craig (500). Or, maybe Stern really does just want to make 500 high priced units and be done with it.

#5023 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was reported on another forum the games were updated on Wed and are now at the 60th celebration starting today through the 5th.
Haven’t seen any video yet though.

borat_hight_five.gifborat_hight_five.gif
#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I don’t think you know how code works.
The person coding the rules isn’t the same person who does fonts, animation, video and other visual assets.
Starting with pre-existing code as a base is ultra common.

I have plenty of experience with commercial-level code, thanks.

The point is if that is being used in the rushed base version shown, what modes are also being repurposed like Lonnie commonly does, like the Aerosmith code he brought forward from KISS, with a known bug and all. He's the only one I can think of that is this sloppy with reused code from prior games he did.

#5076 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Which poses a question to the group… What is the quickest time that recent Stern code made it to version 1.0?

KISS and Aerosmith SHIPPED at 1.00, but the numbers are essentially meaningless at Stern, so not a good guide.

Here are the days to final large release of a Lonnie-lead coder game (I didn't count the Insider Connected updates since they came years later for most games):

KISS - 1261 days
Aerosmith - 650 days
Guardians of the Galaxy - 1337 days
Stranger Things - 350 days

So based on this recent sampling, best case for Lonnie Bond is a year to final code, but AVERAGE for his games is about 2.5 years for final code.

#5078 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

“Rushed base version”
Bit of a loaded statement, don’t you think?

Yeah, I've owned every recent Lonnie game. It's his MO. Generally speaking, sloppier, more boring code than all the other top level coders at Stern. KISS is my favorite that he did, but he had help. Lyman's mode helped a LOT. The rest? Meh. He's generally Mr "good enough" and I'm not a fan of that.

IMO, of course.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Well damn that sucks. A Gomez game with a huge license like this deserves kick ass code. I hope he pulls it together

I hope he does, too, because it looks like Gomez designed the crap out of that playfield to maximize opportunities for flowy combos. But I can't understand why Gomez didn't go for Tanio again for this. Their Deadpool teamup turned out fantastic after a rough code start. I can't point to any Lonnie game that I would call "fantastic" that wasn't fixed up by another coder to make it so.

#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Totally get that, but I personally love stranger things. One of my favorites of all time. In terms of deep, stackable code combined with a solid, simple fan layout, the only reason it’s not top 10 here is because a lot of people still judge it based off it’s rough launch.

I'm just put out about taking things out of the game and calling it done since I had a Stranger Things as code development progressed toward final and was playing each changed rom. The video mode could have been awesome with shooting Demodogs like the one in Dracula, but they just deleted it (and the hidden mode, if I recall correctly) from the awards and called the game done. Stranger Things is probably the best Lonnie of the LCD era, but it will always be less-than. Unmet potential.

Quoted from KingVidiot:

Hot take - it’s simply a better Attack From Mars.

Completely disagree. Attack from Mars is a flow monster. Stranger Things...is not. There are similar elements but the sum of the parts is a totally different feel.

Quoted from KingVidiot:

The fact that Lonnie and MXV are teaming up again on bond is a huge selling point. Add to the fact that George Gomez always delivers, I have high hopes for this game to be a lot of fun.

MXV has great ideas from what I've seen, but Lonnie has to execute. The "Lonnie has to execute" part is where the trouble starts.

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe they see some licenses sell themselves, so the A team isnt always needed.

Probably some truth to that, but it's pretty cynical. Great way to risk ruining a top license.

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Seems to me tho that things have changed a bit at stern with code. Used to be a long wait, now they are releasing code fairly regularly. And not all is IC related. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I think Bond will progress rapidly too. We need to give them a chance before condemning them,,

Haha. I'm not condemning Stern et al. Mostly just Lonnie, but that's earned.

Other coders of note at Stern:
Dwight? Great. (We just won't talk about Munsters)
Tanio? Golden.
Naegele? Platinum. (really, is there a better team than Elwin/Naegele in pinball currently?)

The majority of coders at Stern do a bang-up job. I just am constantly let down by Lonnie. I'd like that to change, so hoping Bond is the turning point, but not super-confident.

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Unmet potential? Stranger Things has some of the most robust code in all of pinball. The pro is proving itself to be excellent in tournaments. Again, I think a lot of people, yourself included, are judging the game from early code, Covid slowing down the development/player feedback, and the uv kit fiasco.

No, I'm judging where it ended up. I had one through the progression of code.

Quoted from KingVidiot:

Where Stranger Things stands today, when you combine the basic fan layout + great code with killer presentation in the form of the projector and uv kit, it’s an easy argument to make that Brian, Lonnie and Mike put together one of the very best pinball machines of all time.

Very best of all time? It's good, but I wouldn't put it up against a Walking Dead, Godzilla, or a Jurassic Park, all of which actually ARE in the "very best of all time" class. JP and TWD had a rough start with code, but ended up amazing. GZ was white hot out of the gate.

So, I get that you're enthusiastic, but that Shaq Attack in your collection has made me understand your criteria for "very best of all time" may be looser than most.

Quoted from KingVidiot:

I’m confident, especially with George as the lead, this game will be incredible.

You're confident Bond with Lonnie will be incredible, and I'm hoping but not confident it will be great. If we end up in the middle, it will be a miracle.

Fingers crossed.

Toes, too.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I smell a chart coming!

Haha! You have to really abuse my trust to get a chart. Gomez promising updates to my $15k SLE batman'66 every two weeks then skipping out for 140 days did it. This kerfluffle, however, will not.

#5099 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I’ll make you a deal - you don’t judge me for my guilty-pleasure pins, and I wont judge you for selling cheap pc fans at 5x markup deal?

All the fans I sell are in the best class on the market and OEM customized for me direct from the factory in volume. They're not off-the-shelf.

And thanks for bringing that up. Since you did, I'll announce there's a new "deluxe" flipper cooling kit level debuting for Bond that will be better and quieter than anything to date. It won't replace the existing kits, just provide an "ultimate" option for those that want it.

What a salesperson for me you turned out to be! Thank you!

#5124 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

That is the one thing that worries me about Bond… Gomez did the layout for B66… and IMO it is below average for Stern LCD games. Lyman turned what could have been a pretty big cluncker into a gem.

But Batman'66 is just Batman:TDK reworked (mainly remove coffee can, add batcave rotisserie, and remove teeter-totter), so it's was not really a "new" design. Bond looks like a mostly new design

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It’s the turntable and the left ramp that hinders b66. I agree the right side is pretty similar- but from what I remember of TDK the left side is completely different.

The rotisserie is the worst part about Batman'66. Really slows it down, and usually that doesn't bother me in a pin. There are settings in the system menu to speed the rotation up, but it's still a momentum-killer.

#5133 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Is Elwin also using Lonnie Slop?

No, Mark Penacho has been tagged to do the Elwin Bond's code.

Stern brought him back to pinball last year after quite a long time doing video games and "high speed trading systems" (for stocks? futures? commodities?):

https://sternpinball.com/2021/03/05/stern-pinball-enhances-game-design-studio/

So, jury's out about how great his code will be. He did EatPM, Hurricane, Earthshaker, and Fish Tales, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

At least it's not Lonnie.

#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agreed. The theme music should be kept for the big moments.

Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do to avoid making everyone sick to death of the Bond theme. The movie scores for the ones covered here are not really that pulse-pounding so they fit with pinball. I mean, there are a bunch of rock and metal covers of the Bond theme, which would be nice for variety, but I think even then people would get sick of the theme pretty quickly.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

How long did BM66 take for the code to be done?
Was it 2 years?

A month shy of 3 years. Dec 2016 to Nov 2019 (not counting the recent IC update to give it that functionality). It had the WORST AMOUNT OF CODE for the longest time of any modern Stern. Gomez promised new code every two weeks "until we getcha there" then bailed for 140 days with NOTHING. I bought the $15k SLE (back when LEs were $9k) and watched it collect dust for about a year since you could finish the whole game in about 20 minutes. There was almost nothing in it to do.

#5168 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Geezzz
Perhaps the smart thing to do now is make purchase when code matures

Smarter from a logical standpoint, but with the pinball bubble, that sane approach can cost you $2-3K more on the secondary market if none are made when you're ready to buy. FOMO rules pinball. Stranger Things Premium is a good example of this. Code turned out okay eventually, but Stern just abruptly stopped making Premiums and people were caught off-guard. Good luck finding one for a decent price on the secondary market.

#5190 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Why Martin filming with a vhs camcorder doe?

On-brand retro vibe. Just be glad it wasn't black and white.

#5220 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Number of years on pinside means nothing. You think the hobby started when pinside did? Did you know absolutely nothing about pinball 10 years ago?

r.g.p, man. The reason pinside exists now.

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Do you all think that the playfield could be used for multiple games 007 now and another game later just change art and inserts and the video if it is a great layout same shots different themes?

007 - maybe. Gomez said a Goldfinger edition is possible. As for reusing the exact same design for another game, that's been done in the past with Family Guy/Shrek, but wasn't really that successful of an idea so I don't think Stern is chomping at the bit to repeat it.

That said, Borg copies regular or mirrored versions of his designs pretty frequently with pretty minor changes.

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

750 JB7 pro’s and initial setup takes 4 weeks. 1k JB7 LE’s take 4 weeks. 500 JB60 take 2 weeks to run. 500 JB7 premiums take 2 weeks. Add it up and you see what Stern is working on the last 3 months of year.

I thought Stern was back up to full speed of about 70 units/day? If so, your numbers are at least 2x longer than it will actually take.

#5233 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s been reported that “full speed” is 125 units per day. Your 70 guess is far too low. Stern said they increased capacity to 125 per day to help meet demand.

I must have missed that update. When did they say they were up to 125/day now?

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I heard Shrek came about because of poor FG sales and the need for a more “kid and family friendly” title, thus utilizing the parts and turning around sales. I don’t think this applies when talking reusing Bond layout for multiple Bond versions, but how does one incorporate a jet pack toy in Goldfinger? Would the Bond on a wand need to change to match the actual theme? Then there is the Missile… kind of hard to reuse the layout without reimagining all the toys, so if reuse of this GG layout were to happen, would it be simply an artwork change, making the Goldfinger movie the central art, adding modes specific to the movie, etc… but keep all the toys and most game play the same? Or is he (GG) alluding to a Goldfinger stand alone layout we have not yet seen? So maybe put out the 60th with a different flatwood layout that can be customized to create differing Bond Mahines, each centered on a specific movie, or Bond, and artwork adjusted as needed. That seems like too many if’s for Stern but first we have to like the premium… and nobody has even come close to flipping a real Bond premium in any state yet except half assed, much less a 1.0, .9, .3 and certainly not even any super secret double alpha versions Lonnie has on his key ring thumb drive.

Honestly, I'd prefer to have an Austin Powers "Thunderballs" reskin that has clips from all his movies to make an original pin-only game story that's a parody of Thunderball. All the toys work, plenty of room for randy callouts and double entendres based on the missile. I would think it would be pretty successful. Certainly moreso than the middling Austin Powers they released before.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You would have to add sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads in the underwater scene to do it justice…

Sure could be a lot more fun/funny than the way the frickin' laser beam was implemented in Austin Powers (and reused in TWD Prem).

#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Does posting a . And nothing else mean you’re blocked?

When that's all that's there, means they're on their period.

Dunno why it's okay to announce that, but here we are.

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Anyhow here goes:
Pizza is like sex.
Even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.
(Imagine this only applies to men)

No experience with sex with men, but sex with women is pretty good even when it's bad, too.

(What has this thread become?)

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

+1...game is freakin packed with true interactive toys.....definitely one of the best all around pins I've played/ own....

And there was even MORE in the original design. I still wish 2 of the original unique ramps and the mechanical wheel of fate hadn't been cut.

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Are there any pictures of the prototype version? I would love to see the original design in some form or the other.

This is all I have - from a presentation at one of the shows. You can see the Whitewater-style whoop-de-do ramp on the left that's straight now, the ramp that goes behind the mansion (with a diverter that selects right or left ramp destination) that's missing in the final game, the physical wheel of fate at the left outlane that's just on the screen now (no physical wheel), the inline drop targets at the mansion (now just 1), and whatever's happening behind the flippers I don't understand. All of the Stern cuts (possibly after Nordman left for Deeproot, not sure about the timing) are a big BOOO from me. Made the pin much less Nordman-like.

nordmans-original-Elvira3-design.jpgnordmans-original-Elvira3-design.jpg

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The mechanical wheel would have been cool. I am not sure the diverted in the left ramp was necessary.

Alternating left and right flipper returns from the same ramp shot would have been cool.

#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s what I was thinking all along but if you slow the video down makes you think twice as there is a good bit of wobble even when no ball in that area.
Probably not coded for full effect yet but just wondering what is on bottom side. I’m thinking along the lines of castle in MM but not as intense.

Yeah, I was thinking it's like Herman in Munsters. A coil poking it from below to make it wobble.

#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

how jacked is the launch code going to be? Is it like totally not playable for 6 months? Are updates coming quicker lately?

The promise you have to watch out for from Gomez regarding the dire state of Bond code and how quickly it will be resolved is, "code updates every two weeks until we getcha there." If you hear that, run. Shortly after that promise on the original box of lights, Batman'66, they bailed for 140 days with no updates at all.

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

I'm genuinely curious what makes it dated?

Two big things are fight choreography and movie pacing. Compare the Oddjob fight to something like a Bourne series fight. Completely different universes of choreography, pacing, sound mixing, camera work (Bourne handhelds are a bit much sometimes) and editing, especially in their fight scenes.

Oddjob fight

Bourne fight

Oddjob is something like a comic book bad guy with the hat, but even comic book movies now have fight choreography and pacing that have moved way beyond Goldfinger. There are other things, but these are the things that date it for me. Doesn't mean I don't like classic Bond, though. I just enjoy it for what it is.

#5607 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't blame GG for this with Batman 66. Lyman always took forever on code. The best at his craft, but incredibly slow. May he rest in peace.

Then George shouldn't have been out front making promises for Lyman. He was busking for sales by making promises he, as a very experienced pinball designer with decades of experience, had a pretty good idea wouldn't work out that fast. And I'm ok with relatively slow, steady code rollout, but Batman'66 was literally barely more than some blinky lights and a few show clips for more than half a YEAR. The WORST code rollout, by far.

#5854 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Did anyone else see this interview?[quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds terrible, but not unexpected. It begins.

#5873 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The new Bond game is awesome, led to a first for me. First time I was moderated. Now that’s exciting!

Welcome to Pinside. You're not really here until you've been moderated (Which you're also not supposed to talk about. Look how fast you're settling in!).

#5963 1 year ago

Gomez dancing as fast as he can to lower expectations before it's clear how much still isn't in the game almost a month after the London video. Not a good sign.

#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Sounds like the licensor is being a colossal pain in the ass, based on Gomez's opening speech.

A *convenient* whipping boy for how unfinished the game is. This isn't Stern's first rodeo as a licensee, they know what to expect and should have allowed for it.

1 out of 8 skill shots in the game for its debut. Um, yeah.

#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Gary Stern is not a woke pansy. See Playboy, Sopranos, and Whoa Nellie was not that long ago.
Not sure about the new President who came from Disney, but I think Gary is still in charge.

I really have my doubts. I think Gary's essentially a figurehead/ambassador after he sold a big chunk of Stern to the investment company when they almost went out of business around 2008/9.

#6082 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Probably had to do with the compressed development cycle. No time to engineer more interesting mechs like the Godzilla building or bridge. It's almost all cosmetic stuff, besides Bond on a Wand which is relatively simple as far as mechs go. (It reminds me a lot of the Batman crane, but reused as a diverter instead of a bash toy)

It's much closer to Rescue 911, but with a much thicker, uglier wand for some reason.

#6094 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The only problem is how long "buying" a GZ/JP will take. I've been in for both for 12 and 10 months respectively. I went ahead and bought bond too. code definitely looks rough on bond rn. That's by biggest concern. It does look fun to shoot.

If you call around, especially when new ones are coming off the line, you can get either of those without a giant wait. But it does take some legwork.

#6097 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The code stuck me as being pulled from the stranger things code a base. I noticed when they were adding players it was the same sound effect STh uses. Anyone else notice anything like that?

It's DEFINITELY Lonnie's Stranger Things code he's modifying into Bond, piece by piece. Plenty of Stranger Things pieces audible and visible, still - transitions, sounds, fonts. Very familiar.

#6098 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I had a second opportunity at getting my GZ early through a friend of a friend, but turned it down thinking I would get mine soon enough. Definitely some out there for those willing to track them down. Sucks to be stuck holding a ticket in line for that deposit.

That's why I don't do deposits anymore. Really ties you down and makes it LESS likely you'll get a desirable pin sooner. If you're willing to call around and do the legwork, deposits are not the way to go.

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but can someone tell me what the flipper mech at the back of the playfield is doing?
[quoted image]

It's controlling the diverter on the Prem/LE.

Watch the very back of the playfield to the right of the rocket tower at the beginning of this clip to see the diverter open the path to the tower to lock balls:

#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks! Surprised there wasn't a simpler diverter mech available.

Pretty standard setup to drive large diverters.

#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

You tube links to both versions of "Mr. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" are below:
- Shirley Bassey Version
- Dionne Warwick Version
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderball_%28soundtrack%29 - Wickipedia detailed writeup on Thunderball music, including about Title Theme song

Dionne's version is way better, but they both were obviously working to make a terrible song passable.

#6363 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

My next pin:-
Deadpool Prem or Bond Prem.
I get unreservedly excited with the notion of owning a DP.
The thought of pulling the pin on Bond right now gives me anxiety.

Deadpool's a safe bet. At this point Bond is a bet.

#6384 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Are you sure that's not reversed?

Sure looks like they're firing at the same time here:

Bond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gifBond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gif

First target mono bars and now THIS - on the LE and Premium?? Boo.

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Felt the same way about Rush, music grew on me.

Ditto KISS. Loved the LE, hated the music. Eventually liked most of the music (except DEUCE - there is NO SAVING that one). I wouldn't say I'm a KISS FAN now, but I have an appreciation for a number of their songs I didn't have before.

#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow. Talk about someone who refused to get their grandma outta here.

Yeah, completely nonsensical lyrics and not even a great melody on that "song." I mean the theme was "drop a deuce" at least most people could relate.

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Duece Rocks!!!

Laxatives (and better hydration) can help with those.

#6474 1 year ago

I cannot see that as a commercially successful pin. But I did a do battle go-karting with Taylor Hawkins (RIP) in Atlanta once.

1 week later
#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Apologies if this has been asked/answered, but is there an arcade in NYC where you can play a Pro already?

I don't think any have hit the streets yet outside of show appearances and one-offs.

I hear location pros (with maybe a few extra for some lucky homes that won't have to wait until April 2023 for a pro) are ~2 weeks out.

#6662 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well I was stating an opinion on how I'm disappointed that a game with a theme I love is being coded by a programmer that historically produces games that are boring and uninspired.

My main issue with Lonnie is he's proven to be Mr. "good enough." He rarely (ever?) goes the extra mile with the games he works on. He also thinks Rolling Stones is the best music pin Stern has made, which should make you question his taste.

#6667 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Hated the fact that they killed him in the last one.

He...dies?

#6669 1 year ago

Haha. It's kind of a running joke in our family. When my son was about ten we were in line waiting to see the King Kong remake and ended up next to one of his...slower schoolmates in line. Chatting with the boy's grandparents back and forth, one of the adults offhandedly mentioned about Kong dying at the end, not even considering that ANYONE wouldn't know that since the original was like 70 years old at that point and had widely permeated popular culture.

Right after that was said, cue the sad questioning voice wavering up from the schoolmate, slightly whining..."he dies?"

We still laugh about it and will randomly say "he dies?" in awkward situations sometimes.

#6675 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Hey guys, just passing along more of my shipping info to the forum! Got another email this morning from Dominic at The Pinball Company. He got a production update from Stern saying first run 007 Premium (which I'm in for) is now scheduled for January 2023. Originally they had said there was a chance for late December. Has anyone else gotten any order updates lately from their distributors?

Only heard that the lucky few home users that made this first run "mostly locations only" Pro cut should be getting their Pro within ~2 weeks. Seems weird that they would block out 6 weeks for LEs when they only need 2 at full speed to build all 1000. I feel like at least some Prems will still be shipping in Dec.

#6683 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Well they have to crank out home pins too you know.........and a final gasp of any expiring licenses games with parts laying around.

But at 500/wk full steam, that's 2000 pins that could be made in that time. That's A LOT.

#6702 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We get to STH and we have some improvements (more modes, more varied mystery awards...etc.), but we saw some things which reminded us this wasn't a Lyman game. The generic flat 1M jackpot in TK MB with boring screen image, imbalanced scoring at times, many modes are again random shots/colors.

Plus the stuff that was never developed in Stranger Things that was promised in the mystery awards since the beginning (or near the beginning), etc like Video Mode. It just disappeared when the game was "good enough" in typical Lonnie fashion.

#6724 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Bond PRO sightings?
Not a one?
Where is this machine?

Outside of pinball shows? Nowhere.

I think you'll start to see Bond Pros show up domestically by the middle of next week, plus a lucky few home customers that aren't stuck waiting until April 2023 will start to get theirs.

International are made and shipped now, so those are weeks away from being seen overseas.

#6726 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

What about Premiums? When I ordered mine the distributor said they’re expecting them in December. Anyone know if that’s realistic?

That I do not know anymore. It *seems* like they'll have enough line to get the LEs done in 2 weeks, maybe 3, and that would leave at least a week for Prems, but no idea if they're running LEs in parallel with Prems when the LEs are almost done.

#6729 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

This launch baffles me based on Stern’s prior smooth launches and standards.

Maybe something to do with transitioning to their new factory location? I don't know when that's happening but I think it's imminent, if not already in motion. It's the only reason I could come up with for such a completely bungled launch.

#6755 1 year ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

The PRO had the decal and I thought it looked fine. This was the premium with the metal plate (I say metal…that’s what it looked like). The projection happened on that plate I believe…the problem was it just wasn’t displaying for most of the game but I think that may just have been a code issue since it did project when the ball went in the scoop and then turned off again. You can see a good picture of the plate I’m referring to in my 2nd post above - that’s directly from the Stern video.

It's not a projection, on the Prem/LE it's a little physical diorama with action figures of bond and a scuba henchman mounted under the PF and it's just lit up when they want you to see it. The lens on the playfield is clear, which is why you can still see the darkened diorama even when it's not lit.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s exactly the same as the Creature area in Monster Bash.
Bond in a pond.
rd

Yep. Same idea, but not *exactly* the same because it's two figures and creature is only one - the creature torso.

#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

When are the first pros shipping for locations?

Supposed to be this week. Haven't heard anything yet about that happening, though.

#6912 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How does it affect anything?

Maybe it contributes to why the balls seem to stay in that area a long time? Hard to say if there are gameplay consequences with limited exposure to the game IRL.

Bond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gifBond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gif
#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Ok, here is the prices from my distro here in France, it solded with a a bucket of Cleenex , I will let you do the conversion I’m so depressed….
[quoted image]

Is that with the VAT already priced in?

#6974 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Yep my friend, VAT, customs, transportation, euro vs dollar and to finish importer. In France all the prices are with VAT included

Ah, that explains why they're so expensive. I figured VAT had to be in that total, it was crazy high.

#6975 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Freeplay Arcade Convention today through Sunday in Orlando. Little Shop said they will have a Bond or 2 there tomorrow. Can someone please post some videos?

And better yet, can someone please power cycle it to see the version they're on currently. Are the still in the 0.50s?

#7040 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is there a Bond movie where he's trying to stop glorified tax fraud? Seems like they would have gone to that well at least once.

Pretty sure that's all the SPECTRE-featuring Bond movies, as SPECTRE is a tax-evading criminal enterprise.

#7041 1 year ago

As someone with many LE’s in their collection, it is quite telling when you pass on a hot title. Was it the price increase, lack of code, limited toys or other that helped you decide?

Probably lack of 007/1000 LE plates made available. It really is astounding that Stern limited the supply. Demand is off the charts.

Wonder if Bond gets released in enough volume so that people can play and judge it, before Twippy voting in Jan. I am doubtful.

With the way these are dribbling out, I *seriously* doubt there will be wide enough location saturation for enough people to play it in person before Twippy voting closes to make a difference. Stern is really pushing to even get them out to their Stern Army locations for the launch party in Dec. Plus the code won't be in any awards-worthy state for 6-12 months, if ever.

#7069 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Where are the reports from customers in Europe?
Weren’t games shipped there to start last week?
How many days is a trans-Atlantic journey?

15-30 days by boat, so I wouldn't expect them to show up in Europe until the first week in Dec, at the earliest.

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I understand that Stern mark their prototype games and promotional material as **subject to change**, however, I cannot be the only person that is disappointed when we see details like this missing in the production runs.
The image on the left is from a production game and on the right is the promotional material from Stern’s website.
How many would like stern to add this back in?
[quoted image]

I'm sure some mod maker will make a vinyl sticker to fix that up. Most people won't notice it's changed and 7 more cents will go onto Stern's bottom line by cutting it.

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I agree, seven more cents indeed. I’m not regretting my pro purchase, albeit I haven’t received the game, but it is a little disappointing to hear; the premium pops fire at the same time; this tiny decal is missing and; the coil to shake the wobble rocket was also cut. At the end of the day, hopefully everyone feels like we receive good bang for our bucks.

Meh. It's Stern. It all comes down to code. If it's good in the end, people will forget (or at least forgive) the niggles. I'm just anxious to PLAY it after this LOOOOOONG rollout wait. Should have mine next week.

1 week later
#7248 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

There are definitely a few exceptions to that rule. Hahaha
Thinking more back to dead pool and JP as well. Those games were REALLY rough when brand new code wise.

Totally agree. I dogged on both Deadpool and JP at release. The turning point with Deadpool was Tanio's 0.95 code, I think, where stacking and Mechsuit multiball came in. Completely changed my opinion of Deadpool and I became very positive on it.

I don't know where JP changed since I didn't have a machine all the way through code development, but I played it at release and hated it, then played a Prem again that I brought in to temp test a few months ago, and loved it. I think it's now my favorite Elwin pin (and yes, I've owned a Pro and a Prem GZ) which is saying a LOT.

I would like to see another Tanio-coded pin, but he's been MIA as a lead since Deadpool.

#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On this particular game - again, set super steep by an angry, vengeful operator - sling outs to the left drain in particular were very common!
I saw lots of civilians step up to the game and get like 10 million. Skilled players were getting blown away their first couple games but then improving.

Was this at Sunshine?

#7252 1 year ago

So, how was it? Is it back to full strength? What was the renovation about? Just the laundry or the pinball area, too? The internet needs to know.

#7256 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I went on a tirade in my 007 reaction video about the geometry flaw and impact of this shot. I even said at one point "they should put a rubber there or something". Guess who's full of regrets because it doesn't really look good.
[quoted image]
There's several places I rant about it and it was posted in this thread before. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/80#post-7153813

If they ran it all the way up so it covered the whole visible area and had a vinyl sticker on it, it wouldn't look bad. It'd be a consumable because it would get the crap beat out of it, but it would look better.

Also, to be fair, you DID say, "I might just be full of shit." So it's not like you didn't have an idea the suggestion could go bad.

#7261 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

A middle road here would be to keep the boat sticker and put a clear rubber on top of it, all the way up.

Perceptive!

We shall find out soon. There's been premiums at shows, right?
I mean, look how much better this looks? Just put a clear rubber sheet (3mm?) over it and call it a day.
[quoted image]

All I see in that picture is the stupid rail in the underwater diorama. Would it have KILLED Stern to put a printed cardboard U on the top end so there was a background to sustain the effect without cabinet rail hardware photobombing the diorama when it lights up?

Quoted from flynnibus:

Of all the things that deserve a rant... I'd rate this on with the burden of breathing. Seriously... this is nothing to bat an eye at... complain about where the scoop fires, not the siderail. Good grief.

This, too, shall pass. We'll have a new pin announcement to pick apart and complain about soon enough.

#7264 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I’ve seen people complain about broken spinners on Rush as well. Is there something Stern changed on spinners that make them more susceptible to break?

I'm assuming cheaper/thinner (hidden cost savings, yay!) steel bracket that the spinner goes in, so the bracket bends over time and lets the spinner arm fall out. I haven't seen broken spinners per se, just ones that fell out of the bracket from too-short spinner arms (or gates) and/or brackets that deformed over time.

#7267 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wonder where Stern gets these parts from, seems something has changed.

Probably the same place. Stern just details the specs, and they probably changed them to shave some cost. Might be a softer steel alloy or a thinner steel to save a few pennies per unit. Stern is not above scraping pennies to increase profit per machine, as evidenced as far back as 2016 when they made their plastic drop target shelves thinner starting with GoT. It's a plastic part that could not have cost more than 5 cents per. The thinner version probably saved a penny or two. But the upshot was that broken target shelves in the real world became a thing where I had never even SEEN one break before that point. Burden shifted to the consumer.

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know some aren’t excited by it but other than the crane in BM66 is there anything else like it?

Very similar to the helicopter in Rescue 911, though the helicopter has more action when it moves.

#7396 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

In that “not a pricing” turd thread, they are listing R911 as a machine you couldn’t give away 3 years ago, and it’s sort of known as the fruit cake of the pinball world. Nobody ever wants one and everyone is trying to get rid of the one they have, and it’s been theorized that there is only one but it exists in 1000000 places all at once in the known and unknown universes.

Oh, I'm not implying Rescue 911 is a GOOD GAME. It's terrible. But the gimmick of the helicopter on a stick with a magnet predated the Bond on a wand by decades, and BoaW has less action. Gimmick regression.

#7399 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Based on the videos of the prototype Gomez had it was originally more impressive with a take off and landing motion vs just side to side.
A big challenge is he has the rocket on the left that was in his way so the amount option is quite limited.
It's too bad they couldn't have done something like the Heist crane where it moves left and right but also telescopes in and out. That would give you the opportunity to cover a lot more of the playfield area.
The slimer mech in GB also had some up and down motion along with the side to side motion. Maybe the weight of the magnet coil was deemed too much to do that.

Yeah, something like Heist would have been better. If the Rocket/dildo had gone up and down it would have been out of the way for most of the game and opened a lot more possibilities and places to use the Bond on a wand better. But at Stern, cost cutting is king - those profit margins have to keep widening.

#7400 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t think some of that is coded in here as that’s related to Thunderball and have yet to see any kind of clip or mode to that movie.

There aren't Dr. No clips in the Dr. No machine yet. Or if there are, I don't recall seeing them.

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Dragon tank animations are cgi based on based on Dr No tank footage. The Prof Dent henchman mode with the spider are all clips from from Dr No. The Geiger Counter mode has Dr No clips as well. Haven't Dr No himself yet, just his voice in the Prof Dent mode, "Sit Down!"

Knew about the tank footage, but didn't count it since it wasn't an actual movie clip. I'll have to pay attention in the Prof Dent henchman and geiger counter mode.

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Other games that were released with bare bones code:

Guardians: Was released at .72. Cherry Bomb MB wasn't added until 4 months later.
BM66: Was released at .57. Was essentially a box of lights. Now one of the deepest coded games available.
Metallica: While technically released at 1.0, neither Blackened nor Crank it Up modes were coded. TONS of polish was added.
Deadpool: Released at .83 and didn't have Mechsuit MB yet.
EHOH: Released at .83. Gappa Angry was completely different and 1/2 the movie clips weren't implemented yet.

Bond will be no different. It will become like all of these examples and be a solid game.

Guardians: - Lonnie
BM66: - Lyman
Metallica: - Lyman
Deadpool: - Tanio
EHOH: - Lyman

In Lyman we trust. Those examples are weighted very heavily (60% of your list) toward a genius. He ALMOST always made a game great eventually. TWD is another Lyman masterpiece (maybe his greatest?) that became great through Lyman's dogged pursuit of excellence after a very rough start. Batman:TDK is the only Lyman game I can think of offhand that was mediocre when he was done. Tanio did a great job with Deadpool (I want more of his code...what has Stern got him doing?), but there's a big drop from the least Lyman on that list to Tanio, and an even bigger drop from Tanio to Lonnie. So it's a weird list of not-equals.

There's absolutely no way to know if Bond will be solid in the end. That plus the fact that it's NOT Lyman makes that even more speculative. There is very little in the game right now. Content-wise it's literally a hair more than Batman'66's box of lights at this point. I KNOW - I was there for all that with an SLE.

#7415 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Possibly the design engineering team voted that option down. I am sure they looked at what the constant up and down of the ramp on Rush Prem/LE did to the node 10 boards and decided not to recreate that problem with a moving love rocket.

Godzilla does it fine with the building and hasn't had any board issues I know of. It would have likely been more like GZ than RUSH mech-wise anyway.

#7417 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There's absolutely no way to know if the sun will come up tomorrow either. Pretty good chance, though...

Bad comparison. Bond being great in the end is FAR more speculative. And we won't have any idea for 12-18 months. For about the first 6 months, you could see everything that was in the game on Batman'66 - EVERYTHING in about 20-30 minutes. It seems like Bond is about the same at this point from the play I've done on it. It's just too early to know anything about its final state.

#7421 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I want a Bond but I'm pretty nervous. Seems like the launch was rushed, limited code, no accessories (art blades), and taking forever to get any to private customers.
Factor in the price increase and I don't know what to do, even if it is a dream theme for me.

Just watch and wait. If it ends up being good, you'll find a way. If it ends up bad, you dodged a bullet. Waiting is win/win on Bond, IMO, given its current bare-bones state.

Plus with AP apparently imminently launching a NORDMAN game, and Scooby already being announced, plus CGC and JJP in the wings, there's plenty to look forward to in 2023.

#7424 1 year ago

I get what you're saying but FK I like Bond. Was all in on waiting till I played the pro. I think it's really good but I'd go premium. For the price I need it to at least be as good (code/video wise) as Godzilla.

I can fairly safely say it will not be living in the same neighborhood as Godzilla when it's done. Expect Guardians or Stranger Things and you might be pleasantly surprised. If you're expecting it to end up on par with Stern's best machines, I believe you will be disappointed.

When speaking to a well connected distro at Allentown, he seemed to think CGC was going to re-run Medieval Madness. Have heard that rumor a few other places as well.

I thought this was known about a year ago. They likely ARE doing it. But MM is a pretty shallow game code-wise, by today's standards. Love the theme and enjoy playing it on location, but I think I'd be bored having it again now.

Not a big JJP fan so that's out, Scooby is intriguing but no way I buy one for at least a year.

The Nordman AP game is the one that intrigues me. Can Nordman pull AP into doing a professional release with good art, design, and production? I hope so. The THEME doesn't do much for me, but it's Nordman, so I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the more I think about it, plus the rumors, the more I think "The Godfather" is JJP's code name for Eric's Elton John pin, not The Matrix. Makes more sense. After what he did for jjPotC and GnR, very interested to see how he approaches that. JJP needs to get their code polish game back up to snuff, though. Leaving jjPotC and jjGnR owners hanging with unfinished/buggy/unpolished games for so long is not a good look.

#7425 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Here is a question, what do you really like about the game, or rather what stands out as particularly nice...

I like when you combo from orbit to ramp to orbit, etc. Chaining shots feels pretty good. It's just that the geometry is *different* so being ABLE to do that consistently takes some time with Bond.

That pop bumper boinga-boinga sound effect HAS to go, though. Drives me nuts. And with the current broken scoring, spamming the pop bumpers is the best way to high scores. So you hear that A LOT.

It would be nice if the auto-launch varied the launch power at random so auto launch didn't almost ALWAYS go to the "6" in "MI6" for the skill shot. Very little skill when you know where it's going pretty much every time.

#7428 1 year ago

Not saying it is going to be on the same level as Godzilla for game play, LOL, I may be from up around your neck of the woods but I'm not that naive. Just meant code maturity. Especially in the sense of video and callouts. Even Star Wars neighborhood, especially with video, would make me happy. I just got really bored of AIQ quick, very repetitive stuff.

Yeah, Star Wars is probably a level Bond code can get close to. Let's say that. But if things are showing up as mystery awards in Bond now, don't count on that as a road map. Video mode was one of the mystery items for Stranger Things that just never seemed to get activated, until they just abruptly closed development and deleted it from the mystery list you saw for that mode, which was a large disappointment. BS Dracula with demodogs video mode would have been great.

AIQ is Elwin's worst pin, IMO. I've had them all and liked that one the least. Too complicated, and the assets didn't make a compelling whole. But his worst is better than the best from others, so it's not exactly at the bottom of the pinball barrel.

#7430 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If you are factoring in an accessories to your purchase you may have awhile to wait. Rush was released almost a year ago. No art blades, expression lights

Just for the record for those that may not know, RUSH LE shipped with expression lights at launch. They were great. Really enjoyed the machine with the lighting shows. Not jjGnR level, but very nice. Should be standard for all Premiums, too.

#7438 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I understood your post but the discuss

Ummm, Stranger Things is a way better game than GOTG. I also prefer it over Godzilla (I own both). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I was referring to the gameplay of "hit some lit indicators, then advance to the next mode, then do it again" for main mode gameplay. Stranger Things has MORE of it than GotG, but it's essentially similar pretty basic gameplay. There's not a lot of complexity to the code. And I would agree that STh is better than GotG code-wise.

#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not trying to derail , but I sent you a pm on a maintenance question on acdc. No response in that thread

I PM'd you back. In the future, probably better to ask the question in the AC/DC owner's thread and tag me with PinMonk so I get a notification. That way the answer (if I have one for any particular question) is there for everyone.

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Played the pro, definitely a fun game even at this early stage. Absolutely dominated the Bond Pro leaderboard while I was at it
[quoted image]

You were the only person that used IC on Bond at Ayce Gogi? That place gets a lot of traffic. Seems weird.

#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

You can see in this clip (fast forwarded) how the ball hits the post and then "falls back" into the cutout.

If the post were just a half inch lower in the lane it wouldn't have been a problem.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

That may interfere with something else under the playfield. Regardless, JP did not have this problem AFAIK. I think 1/8" lower would be enough.

Since we can't go back in time, all there is left is speculation since we can't change it.

I cut a small rectangle of mylar and put it over the divot. Solves the problem 100%, confirmed. Weirdly, Stern put mylar strips on the left and right of the slot, but the bottom is open.

#7481 1 year ago

Not to mention, if I was an operator I'd be pissed that the code is so basic.

I know an operator that got 4 Bond Pros. Couldn't be happier with the earnings. The theme/awareness trumps the box of lights it essentially is for location casuals.

1 week later
#7507 1 year ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Actually a well taken care of a tuned R911 is a good game. Easy to play. Hard to master. Shots are easy to show beginners how rules work etc. Have you ever really played one? or did you just drink the pinside coolaid liek everyone else.

Have a look at my pin collection history (it's public - enjoy!) and you wouldn't have to ask that question.

I'm glad some people like R-911, but I ain't one of them. Most of the Gottliebs from that era do not appeal to me at all, and R-911 is no different. Stargate comes the closest, but the fact that I like the theme probably helped it gain my rare Gottlieb affection.

And how dare you accuse me of drinking the pinside kool-aid.

I MAKE the Pinside kool-aid for others to enjoy!

3 weeks later
#7541 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I had two of the thumb screws in the bottom of my box. One from each coin mech. First of four NIB Sterns to have this minor issue. Someone new on the line has has a weak thumb and forefinger LOL.

No heads being crushed by anyone on the line, then...

...or maybe TOO MANY heads being crushed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.