FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Buy! Buy!! BUY!!!
No no no !
Let's wait and see.. Franchi Art ?
Full assets to 3 or four Connery Films ?
Full Themes songs, not clips ?
Amazing fun layout ?
No giant $1000 price increase?
If these criteria are met, could be amazing.
Play it first, love it, then throw money at Gary's Vodka budget.

Plenty of people with plenty of disposable income.

While you are waiting to see the game, LEs will be gone.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I’ll be there!
[quoted image]

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

[quoted image]

Good to see you boys loving 007!

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No mention of SLE there. Maybe your distributor reserved numbers 1-100?

I am thinking 2 types of LEs. Maybe 1000 of one type and 60 of another with 2 different prices.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

60 would equal 60 year anniversary of bond
maybe the 100 = 100 Sean Connery versions ???

I was thinking that less than 100 gives Stern the option of how many to make..

Plenty of options with this title.

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Security had one job…
[quoted image]

Security took the photos!

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Just so I get this right, we are now saying that Stern moved the release date because of the leaks and then lied about it and said it was because of the Queen's death? Seems, kind of a low thing to do, if true . . .

No. Stern moved the release back as a show of respect for The Queen. The Queen was also a fan of James Bond.

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am a awake, not woke. Your still asleep if your woke.

That is one of the best quotes on Pinside!

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Spinal Tap not delayed?

World first look at Spinal Tap on the Stern James Bond Hype thread.

.Game will cost USD$9500.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I wish someone would reinvent the wheel with a non licensed theme. Something no one knows shit about, but blows everything out of the water.

You mean like OxtoberFest?

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Combo monster for sure. Here’s what I think will be the shots with flow
[quoted image]

That is awesome, thanks.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

What we guessing is going to be pricing??
Premium
Pro
LE
SLE

There is no word of a SLE. It is all just rumour. Game is a cornerstone release.

But I am hoping you are correct.

#2547 1 year ago

Australia has declared a public holiday for the James Bond release.

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Really, really like and trust my Distro....
EVERYTHING being speculated here is just a rumor= Correct
I believe him....definitely on board for at least an LE...anxious for reveal!!

We are going to find out in the next few days. We are in for a LE too.!

#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Boom!!! Excited for this one....just when I convinced myself I wasn't buying anymore...

Ha ha!.. That was us too... We said we were only in for Elwin games going forward.. We did not even last one release!

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What if……. Elwin’s version is a reimagined Quicksilver or Stargazer with all Roger Moore assets ? Would you buy it?
[quoted image]

No way!

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I don't know how they can do 2 LE games and keep everyone happy. I think it will be Thunderball as LE

Stern have done this before. Pick which one you want! Thunderball or Goldfinger?

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oz guys, what’s the guess on LE pricing. Would have to be minimum $19995!!!!! Such a huge jump - Stern increase plus crap AUD and stupid sea freight rates. Should really be over $20k but not sure if the AMD guys are game.

We are going to find out in the next day or so. Dollar is the lowest in the last few years too.

#3707 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

A google image search of "bond 60th anniversary pinball" shows this image from the official 007 website. Is this the Keith Elwin pin?
It only comes up on the image search. When you click on the page it shows the already released versions
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is why I love Pinside.

Take a good look, I think the photos will be removed soon.

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

$20,500 AU for the LE
[quoted image]

That is going to make a few peoples asses pucker!

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sure thing, he also just denied saying it on the TPN Stream

Great info, Thanks!

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We had fun discussing Bond tonight and Keith actually showed up and seemed to debunk that image. Start watching at 46:28.

Keith does not debunk anything. He just asks if it is real. That means nothing.

#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for sharing. Price increases in USA on LEs is just plain nuts. 26%+ increase in Australia is just plain insane, even with exchange rate accounted for!! The dollar spread between Pro and LE is a gigantic $9,000.00. One could almost purchase 2 pros instead. Jumping the $20k shark is not wise, as many will find other hobbies. Should have been priced under $20k. The extra $500 is killing the golden goose. Looking at AMD website and they are not sold out for the first time in years.

Asking price for used LE games in Australia is what is insane. Check out this add below. A 50% mark up on original purchase price. This is what is killing the golden goose.

Avengers Infinity Quest LE pinball! Like NEW!!! W/Topper/ Shooter Rod
$24,500
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coomera/collectables/avengers-infinity-quest-le-pinball-like-new-w-topper-shooter-rod/1301579771

There are a few ways to destroy demand and one of them is by raising the price too far and becoming greedy. Seems like a few collectors are greedier than the manufacturers.

#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed. Followed the link in your country and it appears that seller already sold it. But did see that $24,5k seems to be the norm for your country on HUO pinball machines.
Check out these links:
Kiss LE $32,5k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morwell/collectables/kiss-stern-limited-edition-pinball-machine/1301697019
Metallica LE $33,750 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/broadbeach/miscellaneous-goods/metallica-le-stern-pinball-machine/1300431385
AC/DC $29k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/picton/collectables/stern-acdc-luci-pinball-machine-ac-dc-original-pinball/1299915870
Dead Pool LE $24,5k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/moonah/other-video-games-consoles/deadpool-le-pinball-machine-24-5k/1301312877
It would seem the seller you showed at $24,5k is one of the lower priced “greedy” sellers. There’s many more that could be listed even higher. Looks like pinball prices are upside-down in down-under, lol.

I do not think sold, I think add has been taken down.

Point is, people on here complaining about the new LE price going up 25%, and then selling their own games at a 50% profit.

Bring on Bond! Talking about price all the time will not change anything.

#4628 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

Bond In London video

More importantly, what do you guys think of the game play?

#5186 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Very little hype, lots of gripe. Can’t wait for the owners thread

Me too, I am sure the game will be amazing!

#5364 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Do we know what bond on a wand does? Is it just a lame ball drop?
I am very close to just cancelling Bond. The hype desintegrated.

I think it picks up the ball with a magnet and drops it over a switch which starts a 2 ball multiball.

#5379 1 year ago

Great movie!

16650466294692545544350180265073 (resized).jpg16650466294692545544350180265073 (resized).jpg
#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

oops, shit. wrong thread! My bad! My Guardians shipped today

Guardians is an awesome game, I am sure you will enjoy it.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Y'all, the early Bond films are extremely shaky on issues of consent. I love them, and have an LE on order, but they just are!
You can enjoy the films, but let the man have his opinion. It's weird to see so many people getting angry about an opinion that's so obvious and reasonable.
Lots of stuff from these films is cringe today. Dr. No is a fairly racist stereotype. Kidd and Winn are a level of homophobic I don't even want to get into. It was 60 years ago, so I don't hold it against the films - but I think we're all adults and can admit it.

Once people get over their insecurities, the Bond movies are quite witty and certainly good for a laugh. They were fantastic when they were made and are still good to watch today. That is what makes them classics.

What amuses me is that people complain about the consent issues in Bond movies, but the same people are ok with all the killing and murder scenes in lots of new movies as they are all polite and treat people with respect just before killing them. I find this bizarre. It is like we are detuning people to murder. Anyway, back to pinball.

Bring on some 007 gameplay!

#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Just scored this on the Amazon day for crazy cheap! Ready for a marathon! Pumped to get a pro!
[quoted image]

You are going to be disappointed with the movies... The woke society has altered the movies, i.e. No Pussy Galore, scenes missing, etc. That how they are in Australia anyway, hopefully your versions are complete and original.

#5777 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, that might be an Australian thing. The movies didn't seem altered in any way that I noticed. Pussy Galore and her flying circus were intact and glorious in the version of Goldfinger that I watched.

I thought it may have been just in Australia.

The DVDs are original, the Blue Rays are altered.

#5804 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

This poster seems to think some random, seemingly baseless, anecdote about an editorial decision in an Australian blu ray re-release is censorship. And not only that, but the disapproval of said post is seen as tacit support of censorship worthy of a poorly written public call-out. How vigilant of you... That's some Bond villain level of arrogance. Dr. Know Nothing.

Sure you are here for pinball?

#5807 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Pinside needs private threads so we can make true owners and enthusiasts clubs that can stay on topic.

Pinside already has owners clubs and they are very good and stay on topic. Hype threads are a different story.

There is also an ignore feature so you can filter out specific pinsiders.

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

People were talking about re watching Bond films. A poster excitedly posted about the boxset he just got. And you, totally unprompted and unsolicited, posted this:

Quit playing games, and play more pinball...
Same for Sheev_Palpatine. Once again people discussing the old Bond films in anticpiation and he chimes in soley to try and complain about people doing so, and then acts like he has no idea why things are off topic, even going so far as to report others for being off-topic in response to him trying to stop other people from talking about the films they are watching in excitement for the pin.

It's like there are certain aspects of Bond some people in this thread DO NOT want others discussing. Like they don't want people talking about what they saw in a movie that the thread and pinball is based on. It's fucking weird. Just ignore it and do something else instead of forcing it off topic because YOU don't personally like talking about certain things or even seeing other people talk about certain things.
Edit: sorry to everyone else in the thread. I will ignore them and move on. The playing dumb as if they weren't the ones trying to police what others discussed (which was Bond) and forcing things off topic is whack.

Pinball forum. Thanks for sharing all your views about everything except pinball. We play plenty of pinball and have really good lives.

Learn to use ignore..

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Dead Flip Streaming channel (https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip)
Tuesday, October 18th at 6pm CT!
That's:
4pm US Pacific
5pm US Mountain
6pm US Central
7pm US Eastern
12am London
10am Sydney (Wednesday)
It looks like you can watch the video any time after that (same URL above) if you miss it live.
It was listed in the October newsletter:
https://sternpinball.com/2022/10/04/stern-of-the-union-address-october-2022/

Thanks!

#5937 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

SO I know this is the James Bond Movie/Woke thread, but is it ok if I ask pinball question? What time is the stream tomorrow and is there a URL for it?

"Pinball Woke". That is hilarious..

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Of course pinball has always been woke... I'm going to put my 007 next to my whoa Nellie, sexy girl, luci, and Stern playboy, when it arrives.

Elvira will fit into you collection very well. There are never enough boobies.

#5942 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Because it won't last forever and may come back and bite them in the a$$ when the market cools.
There are going to be titles where people are not going to pay these prices even for LE's. Whether this is one if them is yet to be seen but people are not going to continue to absorb these prices with basic living expenses going through the roof and a deepening recession looming.

I am not so sure the price hikes will bite Stern in the ass. I think Stern are confident enough to drop prices once demand starts falling off. Time will tell on this, soon. Price hikes have definitely hurt the Australian market. You can still get a BondLE in Australia.

#5944 1 year ago

Good to see we are all awake! Looking forward to see gameplay soon.

1 week later
#6391 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

A very sensible decision. As they say - first impressions last. I can guarantee you, early buyers will be bitterly disappointed at the basic code. Wait a year, and you will be richly rewarded.
Stern need to pull their finger out and stop releasing games with basic, early code. I'm a coder and I can code the shit out of this game in only a few months. The best of the best are supposedly at Stern, not a chance from what I've seen.

You are not even close. Most people like to be early adopters of code, it is quite a journey watching the code develop.

Each to their own.

1 week later
#6581 1 year ago

Anyone received a shipping notice yet?

Must be soon!

#6607 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I got mine yesterday,love it!

Yessss! Please post up some pics

#6610 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I think he's asking for pics of the shipping notice. That's one eager beaver.

No. I am asking for photos of the game. And yes I am eager to see what people think of their pro or LE.

#6617 1 year ago

https://fb.watch/gF5NDe4Pfd/

Some more FB video from Stern!

Owners club soon.

#6645 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Didn't George randomly include full size Katana swords in some Deadpools when they shipped?
Maybe a lucky Bond buyer will get a Walther PPK or other Bond related trinket with their game.

Wishful thinking.

#6649 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah I know, but it is getting close to Xmas time, maybe Santa Gomez will surpise us LOL!

Ha ha. I certainly hope so...

#6659 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well I was stating an opinion on how I'm disappointed that a game with a theme I love is being coded by a programmer that historically produces games that are boring and uninspired.
You know.. the purpose of a discussion forum. Sorry if I've triggered you with my offensive opinion.

This just shows how different we all are and how our taste can change. My wife and I are great fans of Lonnie code now. Not so much a few years ago.

1 week later
#6811 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Relax and do what I do, just play them on location. I'm having just as much fun with my £1 game as anyone who owns the machine.

You are lucky you have games that you can do that. We have nothing close to us. The closest games for us to coin drop are 2hrs away.

#6818 1 year ago

Best meme on Pinside!

#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from dvmrunner:

Avoidance is certainly one perspective. I do enjoy reading up on the newest info and posts. Perhaps I need to better understand what "hype" means then...I was under the impression that the word carried a connotation of excitement for an upcoming item or event. The Eeyore vibes seemed to be accomplishing the opposite of the purpose of the thread. Again, I understand the reasons and frustrations, and (obviously) anyone is free to express their opinions. I also fully accept that not everyone wants to spend $13K for a game they have reservations about. I was just wishfully opining for less negativity.

Quoted from Chambahz:

You're not alone in that regard. Unfortunately some people with a LOT of time of their hands seem to love telling everybody how much better they would run things and how much more they know and understand about pinball.
Personally I'm not sure why "the negatives" hang out just to rain on everyone else's parade but it's the internet so if you have any kind of expectations, you're probably asking for too much. Hang in there and stay excited about your new game.

Learn to use the "ignore" function. You will be surprised to find that the negativity only comes from a few Pinsiders. Most Pinsiders are really good people.

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

^THIS^
I appreciate and share your enthusiasm! You ignore the right 5 to 8 posters and the positivity level increases ten-fold. Also, there is a difference in expessing legit concerns on a game and coming into a thread and repeatedly shitting on everything. Some folks just seem to roll all negative all the time. Baffling way to go spend time on a hobby meant to be respite from “the real world.” The enjoyment they get is the pleasure they give themselves from bringing others enthusiasm down.
Personally I enjoy seeing your excitement for the game and hope you continue to post!!

I love pinball and I am super keen for people to start getting their games.. Hopefully soon!

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

How about another node board for that 13k?

Exactly!

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup, but I put money on it when the pound recovers - the prices don't go back down!

I agree. Same thing in Australia.

Best way to destroy demand is to raise the price. The higher you go, the less demand there will be.

#7068 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Let’s do this!
[quoted image]

Awesome! Post some pics when the game is up and running!

1 week later
#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Stern’s new James Bond is likely one of the worst pinball machines ever created in terms of gameplay. It's just extremely poor. Try it! I am incredibly disappointed. I can’t comprehend how a competent manufacturer can market something like this without remorse. It’s just below par. What's going on? It's not like the other manufacturers are doing much better these days...

Could you please let us know what you do not like about the game?

Moaning about a game without saying why just sounds like trolling to me

#7181 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

My feeling
Good:
1) Build quality
2) Rocket stands out
3) Aston Martin nice
4) Classis graphics
Bad:
1) Playfield is too simplistic
2) Ball drains easily “cheap drains”
3) Questionable graphical design
Now, when I compare this to other new games and recent releases throughout the last ten years.
This just doesn’t cut it for me.
Maybe with time it will grow on me... I need to play it more.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Game is still new. I am keen to hear how people review the game both good and bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.