B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 151.
#7502 1 year ago

A few noticeable improvements on the release - I got one Møre villain mode.

So it seems to be a pretty big update, I am sure when the license approve more stuff the release can really pop.

#7503 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

A few noticeable improvements on the release - I got one Møre villain mode.
So it seems to be a pretty big update, I am sure when the license approve more stuff the release can really pop.

For sure

Game is going to get there. Unfortunate it's been so slow.

#7504 1 year ago
Quoted from Prophoto24:

#807 arrived today. Just set up and am ready for my first game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Room….

#7505 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Just joined the club
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the new Dr.No game?

#7506 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, I'm not implying Rescue 911 is a GOOD GAME. It's terrible. But the gimmick of the helicopter on a stick with a magnet predated the Bond on a wand by decades, and BoaW has less action. Gimmick regression.

Actually a well taken care of a tuned R911 is a good game. Easy to play. Hard to master. Shots are easy to show beginners how rules work etc. Have you ever really played one? or did you just drink the pinside coolaid liek everyone else.

#7507 1 year ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Actually a well taken care of a tuned R911 is a good game. Easy to play. Hard to master. Shots are easy to show beginners how rules work etc. Have you ever really played one? or did you just drink the pinside coolaid liek everyone else.

Have a look at my pin collection history (it's public - enjoy!) and you wouldn't have to ask that question.

I'm glad some people like R-911, but I ain't one of them. Most of the Gottliebs from that era do not appeal to me at all, and R-911 is no different. Stargate comes the closest, but the fact that I like the theme probably helped it gain my rare Gottlieb affection.

And how dare you accuse me of drinking the pinside kool-aid.

I MAKE the Pinside kool-aid for others to enjoy!

#7508 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is that the new Dr.No game?

Yep loving it so far

#7509 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have a look at my pin collection history (it's public - enjoy!) and you wouldn't have to ask that question.
I'm glad some people like R-911, but I ain't one of them. Most of the Gottliebs from that era do not appeal to me at all, and R-911 is no different. Stargate comes the closest, but the fact that I like the theme probably helped it gain my rare Gottlieb affection.
And how dare you accuse me of drinking the pinside kool-aid.
I MAKE the Pinside kool-aid for others to enjoy!

I own a rescue 911 simply because it was dirt cheap and its not worth anything to sell (my particular example) and I kind of just ignored it for a long time. I will say, it's not a good game, but it is a decent game. Once I have it a chance it was better than I thought. Its kinda fun in its own quirky way. Nobody is going to mistake it for godzilla, but it's ok lol. The heli is a cool mech but it's also over used in the game and after a while it's just something slowing you down. I hope bond on the wand doesn't end up the same way.

#7510 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I own a rescue 911 simply because it was dirt cheap and its not worth anything to sell (my particular example) and I kind of just ignored it for a long time. I will say, it's not a good game, but it is a decent game. Once I have it a chance it was better than I thought. Its kinda fun in its own quirky way. Nobody is going to mistake it for godzilla, but it's ok lol. The heli is a cool mech but it's also over used in the game and after a while it's just something slowing you down. I hope bond on the wand doesn't end up the same way.

Last post three days ago

#7513 1 year ago

Played Bond LE and ver .80 code for 2 hours today. Soooo much fun, it’s like a real game now. The Bond theme is a smart choice. This game will continue to improve getting 4 villain modes still, weapons pizzazz and polish. Because I have caviar taste on a halibut budget, I ordered a Bond pro today. Plan to swap alternate translite in, once designed and available.

0A77A195-040B-463A-AC1F-179CCC0DE32B.jpeg0A77A195-040B-463A-AC1F-179CCC0DE32B.jpeg

#7514 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:Played Bond LE and ver .80 code for 2 hours today. Soooo much fun, it’s like a real game now. The Bond theme is a smart choice. This game will continue to improve getting 4 villain modes still, weapons pizzazz and polish. Because I have caviar taste on a halibut budget, I ordered a Bond pro today. Plan to swap alternate translite in, once designed and available.
[quoted image]

I put more games on the Pro this past week and its shaping up to be a winner for sure. It helps I like the Bond theme as well. Im sure some premiums will show up on route soon as well. Playing again tomorrow, hopefully with the updated code.

#7515 1 year ago

I just got a note from my distributor that LE's are supposed to start shipping next week. Has anyone else heard the same? I'm waiting for Bond and Cactus Canyon (Remake - LE).

#7516 1 year ago

I just got a note from my distributor that LE's are supposed to start shipping next week. Has anyone else heard the same? I'm waiting for Bond and CC-LE.

#7517 1 year ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I just got a note from my distributor that LE's are supposed to start shipping next week. Has anyone else heard the same? I'm waiting for Bond and CC-LE.

some of the Bond LE have shipped.

I was told that i (could) have some CCr LE next week though.

#7518 1 year ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I just picked mine up

#7519 1 year ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:I just got a note from my distributor that LE's are supposed to start shipping next week. Has anyone else heard the same? I'm waiting for Bond and Cactus Canyon (Remake - LE).

Jump over into the owners thread - lots have already received their LE’s.

#7520 1 year ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Mine shipped this past week. Should have by Wednesday.

#7521 1 year ago

Forgive the blatant plug, but we're getting very close to the end of my charity fundraiser for the Cancer Research Institute (Bond LE slated for delivery Wednesday)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-james-bond-007-le#post-7192160

In 2022 we as a community were able to raise ~$28k for cancer research with a similar charity fundraiser for my Rush LE. Obviously the market (and economy) has changed in the past year, but I'm still hopeful we can do some good with my Bond LE.

If you or someone you know is interested in picking up a Bond LE and supporting a very worthy cause, please check out above link. We're at $1350 so far, and I will be matching any bid above purchase with my own donation to CRI as well.

Best wishes for the New Year!

1 week later
#7522 1 year ago

Does anyone know the list of movie theme songs in the Bond? I heard they didn’t get the license for the Goldfinger theme song due to cost but does anyone have a list of the other songs? Thanks in advance!

#7523 1 year ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Does anyone know the list of movie theme songs in the Bond? I heard they didn’t get the license for the Goldfinger theme song due to cost but does anyone have a list of the other songs? Thanks in advance!

For the 6 Connery Bond films in the game the theme song is the same name as the movie except for Dr No which has the classic Bond theme playing as the opening credits start.

Thunderball sung by Tom Jones was the other song that was to expensive. However, I think they can still use John Barry's music which in most cases also has the tune of the theme songs in instrumental form.

I think that would actually work better in most cases. Some of the theme songs like Russia with Love wouldn't sound appropriate in a pinball game, except maybe after the game is over and it plays a little of it at the end maybe.

#7524 1 year ago

Did anyone else is LE not come with any keychain fobs?

#7525 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Did anyone else is LE not come with any keychain fobs?

Owners club is going to be where you want to ask.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club

#7526 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

For the 6 Connery Bond films in the game the theme song is the same name as the movie except for Dr No which has the classic Bond theme playing as the opening credits start.
Thunderball sung by Tom Jones was the other song that was to expensive. However, I think they can still use John Barry's music which in most cases also has the tune of the theme songs in instrumental form.
I think that would actually work better in most cases. Some of the theme songs like Russia with Love wouldn't sound appropriate in a pinball game, except maybe after the game is over and it plays a little of it at the end maybe.

I think we will be able to use PB to do whatever though.

#7527 1 year ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:Does anyone know the list of movie theme songs in the Bond? I heard they didn’t get the license for the Goldfinger theme song due to cost but does anyone have a list of the other songs? Thanks in advance!

There are currently zero movie theme songs (besides the doctor no / James Bond theme). There are several classic John Barry bond pieces though.

#7528 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are currently zero movie theme songs (besides the doctor no / James Bond theme). There are several classic John Barry bond pieces though.

I think Gomez did say there should be 3-4 when finished. Maybe all but Goldfinger/Thunderball?

Might be able to swap some with PB

#7529 1 year ago

If PB ever works with the encrypted software.

#7530 1 year ago

Getting mine today - thanks for all of the notes and updates.

#7531 1 year ago

Bond pro came today with under 200 plays. Getting code update treatment now. Guess what I found? A manual and a lockdown bar. I feel like Stern is wishing me, “Good luck”.

93CC2936-D5AF-4929-9891-BC27E266A986.jpeg93CC2936-D5AF-4929-9891-BC27E266A986.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg
#7532 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bond pro came today with under 200 plays. Getting code update treatment now. Guess what I found? A manual and a lockdown bar. I feel like Stern is wishing me, “Good luck”.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ive only played the Pro and its going to be a winner!

#7533 1 year ago

ver .80 of software cleans up bugs and issues from ver.70.

The game is based on 6 movies and there is a color coded insert for each movie, villain, henchman, spectre weapon and woman. Dr No and Thunderball assets and corresponding modes are needed. IMO 25-50% of the total assets are in now, so lots more to come. You should be able to see where the pin is heading.

#7534 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive only played the Pro and its going to be a winner!

Watched a long stream last night and I think so - I'm going to wait to buy but it's growing on me.

#7535 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Watched a long stream last night and I think so - I'm going to wait to buy but it's growing on me.

I ordered an le day one, then after all the drama, tried to sell for msrp, no real serious offers. It arrived Tuesday, I did a 11 hour round trip, set up yesterday and really like this pin!. Some unique, to me, shots, and I agree it's at 25% is all, but I can see the potential. Gomez will not disappoint, could be a real sleeper pin. Glad I didnt panic sell

#7536 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think we will be able to use PB to do whatever though.

Has been PB kept up with the constant Stern IC connect updates? This pin will need PB to reach its full potential but I'm concerned if PB can keep up with Stern's constant coding changes.

#7537 1 year ago

I cannot understand why so many posted about coin mech screws. Now I heard one rattle around and I’m missing another one.

Seems simple that someone is not putting these in right.

D1114F86-ABDC-413B-8185-06656E2313CB (resized).jpegD1114F86-ABDC-413B-8185-06656E2313CB (resized).jpeg
#7538 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I cannot understand why so many posted about coin mech screws. Now I heard one rattle around and I’m missing another one.
Seems simple that someone is not putting these in right. [quoted image]

They just don’t hold tight vs the shipping vibrations. They are after all… thumbscrews

#7539 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They just don’t hold tight vs the shipping vibrations. They are after all… thumbscrews

Maybe. This is a first out of dozens though.

#7540 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Maybe. This is a first out of dozens though.

I had two of the thumb screws in the bottom of my box. One from each coin mech. First of four NIB Sterns to have this minor issue. Someone new on the line has has a weak thumb and forefinger LOL.

#7541 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I had two of the thumb screws in the bottom of my box. One from each coin mech. First of four NIB Sterns to have this minor issue. Someone new on the line has has a weak thumb and forefinger LOL.

No heads being crushed by anyone on the line, then...

...or maybe TOO MANY heads being crushed.

#7542 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No heads being crushed by anyone on the line, then...
...or maybe TOO MANY heads being crushed.

kids-in-the-hall-crushing-your-head.gifkids-in-the-hall-crushing-your-head.gif
#7543 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nevertheless, one would expect those screws, more so than others, to remain secure in Thumb-derball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.