dancing_AP_fix.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 147.
#6801 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Haiku preferred, but definitely under 20 words please.

ice cream tanks beat foo fighters
but the Fix is in
operators know the score

#6802 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I took a looong break from this thread. Maybe somebody could sum up the past 25 pages for me?
Haiku preferred, but definitely under 20 words please.

GTF is the best
selling pinball game
that turns into a tank

Is that even a haiku?

#6803 1 year ago

Sure, here's a summary of the last 25 pages, in 20 haiku's or less:

Dennis's vision,
Lost in muddled execution,
Gameplay lacks its charm.

Artwork shines brightly,
But poor communication,
Fans left in despair.

Hopeful anticipation,
Crushed by disappointment's weight,
Galactic Tank falls.

Artistry confined,
Promising theme fades away,
Botched cosmic journey.

Marketing missteps,
Whispers of lost potential,
Pinball's bitter taste.

Hype turns to regret,
Critics' chorus sings in pain,
Galactic downfall.

Ice cream moon's delight,
Cows' fate, in villains' grasp tight,
Pinball's launch, a blight.

Art's beauty sparkles,
Theme of Luna's sweet treasures,
Marketing missed marks.

Bent targets, airballs,
Game's flaws taint its intended,
Players' frustrations.

Front tank targets near,
Layout's misjudgment severe,
Skills thwarted, unclear.

Hype thread's endless loop,
Repeating criticisms true,
Passion fuels their view.

American Pinball,
Opportunity to learn,
Redemption awaits.

#6804 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

PDon't mind us over here on page 136. We're just beating a dead horse and playing "Pinball Factory Manager 2023", a text based game freely hosted on pinside.com.

We do "game jams" at my studio at least once a year. The team gets to experiment with whatever game ideas they might have, some of our released games started that way. Next one I am totally going to make "Pinball Factory Manager," thanks for the idea!

#6805 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

We do "game jams" at my studio at least once a year. The team gets to experiment with whatever game ideas they might have, some of our released games started that way. Next one I am totally going to make "Pinball Factory Manager," thanks for the idea!

I’d play a Pinball retheme version of Game Dev Story/Tycoon

#6806 1 year ago

I'm a fudge packer and don't care if the game sucks or not. I just want my SE. Any of these MFers ship? I saw someone bought one at a show. How is it holding up?

#6807 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

True. Bond is a decent theme, but the cab/translite do it zero favors on location

Yup. I'm an operator and look at every new game with potential interest, and as soon as I saw the giant "DR NO" I knew there was no way. The vast majority of my players wouldn't even know wtf that means. What a completely bizarre decision for the model that's supposed to have widespread public appeal.

#6808 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Pretty sure no one here is actively emailing back and forth with AP and trying to convince them what to do.
If you are looking for "GTF Hype" posts, I would start here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/1
Don't mind us over here on page 136. We're just beating a dead horse and playing "Pinball Factory Manager 2023", a text based game freely hosted on pinside.com.

GWJ might be working with Fix on this. They have had some pinball history, not to mention, lots of others player in the back ground possibly working deals too.

#6809 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sure, here's a summary of the last 25 pages, in 20 haiku's or less:
Dennis's vision,
Artwork shines brightly,
But poor communication,
Fans left in despair.
Hopeful anticipation,
Galactic Tank falls.
Artistry confined,
Botched cosmic journey.
Marketing missteps,
Pinball's bitter taste.
Hype turns to regret,
Galactic downfall.
Art's beauty sparkles,
Marketing missed marks.
Bent targets, airballs,
Players' frustrations.
Front tank targets near,
American Pinball,
Opportunity to learn,
Redemption awaits.

Fix's return.

#6810 1 year ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Yup. I'm an operator and look at every new game with potential interest, and as soon as I saw the giant "DR NO" I knew there was no way. The vast majority of my players wouldn't even know wtf that means. What a completely bizarre decision for the model that's supposed to have widespread public appeal.

That was an easy fix with 3rd party parts...

The waiting for interesting code has been a lot harder

#6811 1 year ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

When Bond showed up at my local watering hole everyone who wasn't die hard pinball enthusiasts who know every bit of pin news coming out was baffled when I kept telling them the game was called james bond pinball and not Dr. No. Literally everyone called the game Dr. No.

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was Nightmare Before Xmas there?

Mark did not bring NBX. Other themed games included pokemon, Dukes of hazzard, Frozen, Daikaiju.

#6813 1 year ago

Le#3 arrived. Great packaging and delivery. Good quality build! . Game is super fun! Video to follow.

70768078853__B8DFAB72-C079-4AAF-8E2C-4DB35559699D (resized).jpeg70768078853__B8DFAB72-C079-4AAF-8E2C-4DB35559699D (resized).jpegIMG_0204 (resized).jpegIMG_0204 (resized).jpegIMG_0205 (resized).jpegIMG_0205 (resized).jpegIMG_0208 (resized).jpegIMG_0208 (resized).jpegIMG_0216 (resized).jpegIMG_0216 (resized).jpegIMG_0217 (resized).jpegIMG_0217 (resized).jpegIMG_0219 (resized).jpegIMG_0219 (resized).jpegIMG_0222 (resized).jpegIMG_0222 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_0247 (resized).jpegIMG_0247 (resized).jpeg
#6814 1 year ago

I thought they fixed this guy's headache?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also how do the tank treads wire up to the cabinet? Just curious

(great looking game BTW. thanks for the photos)

#6815 1 year ago
IMG_0225 (resized).jpegIMG_0225 (resized).jpeg
#6816 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Le#3 arrived. Great packaging and delivery. Good quality build! . Game is super fun! Video to follow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. What is the distance from the floor to the top of the turret? I have low ceilings in my game room.

#6817 1 year ago

Cheers and thanks for the pics. First GTF! LE unboxing in the world

if you take the tank tracks off the pin and put them on the sides of your pool table, you’d have a start on a pinball armory arcade.
:firingcannonemoji

#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Nice!

It is weird about your serial number of GTFL003. My friend has GTFP003 and my other friend had GTFP002. The GTFP002 was a LE model and the GTFP003 is a deluxe model. It is weird that there are multiples of the same numbering system.

GTFP002 (resized).jpgGTFP002 (resized).jpgGTFP003 (resized).jpgGTFP003 (resized).jpg
#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Looks like 2 bolt holes allow each tank tread to bolt onto a leg brace.

7A88FCD2-8A9E-482B-B7A8-40B262C0B28D.jpeg7A88FCD2-8A9E-482B-B7A8-40B262C0B28D.jpeg
#6820 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Brain freeze from eating ice cream!

#6821 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Nice!
It is weird about your serial number of GTFL003. My friend has GTFP003 and my other friend had GTFP002. The GTFP002 was a LE model and the GTFP003 is a deluxe model. It is weird that there are multiples of the same numbering system.[quoted image][quoted image]

is "P" prototype? or "promo"? Did you guys get yours from shows?

Quoted from calprog:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. Please come back once you get it put into its final home... with the head folded down . Would love to see how the tank fits in your environment.

#6822 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Nice!
It is weird about your serial number of GTFL003. My friend has GTFP003 and my other friend had GTFP002. The GTFP002 was a LE model and the GTFP003 is a deluxe model. It is weird that there are multiples of the same numbering system.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just speculation but I'm guessing the P was for prototype or pre-production and the L is for LE. I guess we'll have D for deluxe and just GTF000x for the standards.

#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like 2 bolt holes allow each tank tread to bolt onto a leg brace.[quoted image]

I meant how do they plug in for the lights. Connector or hole on the bottom of the cabinet?

#6824 1 year ago

Looks like 2 bolt holes allow each tank tread to bolt onto a leg brace.[quoted image]

Are we sure there are not cameras on the treads ?

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:Sure, here's a summary of the last 25 pages, in 20 haiku's or less:
Dennis's vision,
Artwork shines brightly,
But poor communication,
Fans left in despair.
Hopeful anticipation,
Galactic Tank falls.
Artistry confined,
Botched cosmic journey.
Marketing missteps,
Pinball's bitter taste.
Hype turns to regret,
Galactic downfall.
Art's beauty sparkles,
Marketing missed marks.
Bent targets, airballs,
Players' frustrations.
Front tank targets near,
American Pinball,
Opportunity to learn,
Redemption awaits.

Whiners going to whine...

#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Are we sure there are not cameras on the treads ?

Looks like it to me. So we had a discussion of numbering and now we have production model LE#3. Looking at it we see it has the mysterious hole too. Hole is on the production model. So what have we learned? It’s a damn camera, man. calprog quit f’ng around and show us the hidden camera.

7D72DFED-65B1-4D2F-8681-43D377C216F1.jpeg7D72DFED-65B1-4D2F-8681-43D377C216F1.jpegF21C6A94-4682-407E-ADCF-EA6805D9B9C2.jpegF21C6A94-4682-407E-ADCF-EA6805D9B9C2.jpeg

#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

is "P" prototype? or "promo"? Did you guys get yours from shows?

I did not get mine from a show but the serial number starts with GTFP. I got it new in the box from a distributor.

#6828 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Cool. What is the distance from the floor to the top of the turret? I have low ceilings in my game room.

I’ll measure for you tonight.

#6829 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I did not get mine from a show but the serial number starts with GTFP. I got it new in the box from a distributor.

bought mine from a dist. Not a promo version

#6830 1 year ago

Looks like it to me. So we had a discussion of numbering and now we have production model LE#3. Looking at it we see it has the mysterious hole too. Hole is on the production model. So what have we learned? It’s a damn camera, man. calprog quit f’ng around and show us the hidden camera.
[quoted image][quoted image]

let me check. Lol

#6831 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I meant how do they plug in for the lights. Connector or hole on the bottom of the cabinet?

simple hook up. Separate power unit. Nice wire harness provided easy plug in wires then just plug in and use remote. Tons of color and pattern options p

#6832 1 year ago

the wholes on treads are for bolts to hook up to legs

#6833 1 year ago

Cheers and thanks for the pics. First GTF! LE unboxing in the world
if you take the tank tracks off the pin and put them on the sides of your pool table, you’d have a start on a pinball armory arcade.
:firingcannonemoji

that’s a good one.

#6834 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’ll measure for you tonight.

between 84-85 inches.

#6835 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

let me check. Lol

no camera.just a hex bolt. Not sure why they put that on top? Strange.

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

no camera.just a hex bolt. Not sure why they put that on top? Strange.

Is something bolted to the top inside the backbox?

#6837 1 year ago

Did AP fix the 50HZ tag issue on the serial number stickers on the game. I think there are 3 stickers (back of cabinet, inside cabinet on L inner wall and bottom of playfield near the flippers). The stickers should all read 60HZ since it is an American location game.

#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

simple hook up. Separate power unit. Nice wire harness provided easy plug in wires then just plug in and use remote. Tons of color and pattern options p

So they're not integrated with the game? You use a remote to set the color & pattern?

#6839 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

So they're not integrated with the game? You use a remote to set the color & pattern?

If true that is a real bummer. I would have expected some well integrated light shows to match what is going on in the game.

#6840 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:If true that is a real bummer. I would have expected some well integrated light shows to match what is going on in the game.

Hey you only paid $2000 extra for the tank treads... manage expectations!

#6841 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

The LE tank side tracks are not integrated into the game. They actually use a wall power brink for power so your game has 2 power cords now. The light on top of the LE games are integrated into the game software and actually the harness connector is in deluxe games if someone wanted to add a custom tank topper.

#6842 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hey you only paid $2000 extra for the tank treads... manage expectations!

Yes but you also get the tank turret topper with the flashing red light.

#6843 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The LE tank side tracks are not integrated into the game. They actually use a wall power brink for power so your game has 2 power cords now. The light on top of the LE games are integrated into the game software and actually the harness connector is in deluxe games if someone wanted to add a custom tank topper.

Another fail. They just bought some led strips off amazon and glued them to some oval boards. Nice work I guess. How could they NOT be integrated, its a no brainer.

#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Another fail. They juat bought some led strips off amazon and glued them to some oval boards. Nice work I guess. How could they NOT be integrated, its a no brainer.

It would be easy to integrate the tank thread lamps since the AP version of Pin-Stadium lights are software controlled. All they had to do was to piggyback off the strip lights.

#6845 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Makes me wonder if there will be a topper for the non tank if the harness is there

#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

It would be easy to integrate the tank thread lamps since the AP version of Pin-Stadium lights are software controlled. All they had to do was to piggyback off the strip lights.

I would have bet $$$ AP would have integrated them. Something is amiss over there, hope they survive..

#6847 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Makes me wonder if there will be a topper for the non tank if the harness is there

Maybe for the aftermarket world. It was easier for AP to just make one harness for all the games so the topper harness is actually in all games.

#6848 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The LE tank side tracks are not integrated into the game. They actually use a wall power brink for power so your game has 2 power cords now.

This is so unbelievable it makes my head want to explode. This is a commercial device not a 5th grade science fair project.

#6849 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Another fail. They just bought some led strips off amazon and glued them to some oval boards. Nice work I guess. How could they NOT be integrated, its a no brainer.

I actually have a couple tank treads I string along the railings come Christmas time. Very innovative stuff…

#6850 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Maybe for the aftermarket world. It was easier for AP to just make one harness for all the games so the topper harness is actually in all games.

be right back, going to ebay to buy a bunch of tin tanks to put LEDs in the barrel of to sell for 10x

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 7,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.