IMG_8731 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 869 of 944.
#43401 4 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I managed to play The Big Lebowski and it was one of the nicest looking, smoothest playing games I've seen. I'd be totally fine with Dutch designing the game but they need to partner with someone to help produce the machines to meet the insane demand for this IP.

I'm fine with Dutch (I have played a few games of TBL) but I can't afford Dutch prices so I'm automatically out. I can't do $14-15K, sorry.

Big licenses like that need Stern to blow them up IMO. A low volume BTTF Dutch game will be a big disappointment.

#43402 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Really was hoping Stern would have BTTF , but oh well.
Stern must have some hopeful surprises coming....

Hello Kitty Island Adventure with Jack Danger and Zombie Yeti

#43403 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

When people think of back to the future they think of Marty McFly, Doc, and Biff along with the Delorean. I cant see it doing well if you have just the delorean. When you do have characters that people love and you have their voices changed it doesnt really work out well. Look at Solar Opposites they completely changed the voice of a main character and now the show is unwatchable

Not sure I’d consider firing a sexual predator/pedophile as a shining example of the point you’re trying to make

#43404 4 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Not sure I’d consider firing a sexual predator/pedophile as a shining example of the point you’re trying to make

I think you are referring to Justin Roiland. The case against him was dismissed because there was no evidence to convict him so they had no reason to fire him. Also the charges were for domestic battery and false imprisonment. Not to sure where you are getting sexual predator/pedo from so what you are spreading is false.

#43405 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think you are referring to Justin Roiland. The case against him was dismissed because there was no evidence to convict him so they had no reason to fire him. Also the charges were for domestic battery and false imprisonment. Not to sure where you are getting sexual predator/pedo from so what you are spreading is false.

Ummmm...he was using his fame to groom underage children. He would then fly them out to meet him. You should probably read up on this a bit more before commenting.

https://screenrant.com/rick-morty-justin-roiland-report-alleged-young-women-history/

#43406 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I assumed he was the character voice you were referring to in solar opposites, if not, my mistake. But everything I said about him is accurate, do a quick search.

#43407 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I could see a pin working minus MJF if the story revolved around the player being the time traveler. Very similar to “BTTF: The Ride” at Universal Studios. That’s not what I want however. I want skateboard/ hoverboard scenes with Marty. Modes where you hit shots around the playfield to escape Biff’s chase and cause him to crash into manure. I want a mode where you have to track Biff down and collect the sports almanac. A mode where you have to get Marty’s parents to fall in love by completing guitar chords of the earth angel song on stage and then trigger Johnny B Goode multiball when you complete it. I want a BTTF3 train mode where you build up the explosive charges to get the speed up to 88 before crashing into Clayton Ravine. And I can do more. Fact is most of us want to relive the trilogy alongside Marty and Doc. Not star in the world that they built with new/ unfamiliar tasks.

Borg/Stern could do all that simply rebranding Rush.

clock tower is time machine
train mode getting speed to 88 instead of red barchetta multiball advancing rpm and shifting gears until 6th gear victory laps.
Skateboard hoverboard scenes instead of concert footage
Track biff via completing modes to get almanac instead of complete modes to get cygnus book 2 (or complete Multiballs to get book 1, or both and collecting biff becomes 2112 mode)
Marty parents fall in love mode with multiball at the end instead of Rush advance clock to midnight and trigger headlong flight multiball at the end.

It's all there and I'm sure most stern games are swappable with just a theme change. So In the end you're just buying different graphics/ theme to feed your brain.

#43408 4 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ummmm...he was using his fame to groom underage children. He would then fly them out to meet him. You should probably read up on this a bit more before commenting.
https://screenrant.com/rick-morty-justin-roiland-report-alleged-young-women-history/

He was never charged with that. "Roiland would be arraigned in October 2020, where he would plead not guilty to one felony count of domestic battery with corporal injury and one felony count of false imprisonment by menace, violence, fraud, and/or deceit." Which charges were dropped that is why he was fired from those shows.

Now for those other things those are new things that have emerged that has happened AFTER. Not defending him but it is not the reason he was fired. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have

#43409 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

He was never charged with that. "Roiland would be arraigned in October 2020, where he would plead not guilty to one felony count of domestic battery with corporal injury and one felony count of false imprisonment by menace, violence, fraud, and/or deceit." Which charges were dropped that is why he was fired from those shows. That happened early this year in January of 2023.

Now for those other things those are new things have recently emerged (Sept 2023) that has happened AFTER his firing.. Not defending him but it is not the reason he was fired. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have

#43410 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

He was never charged with that. "Roiland would be arraigned in October 2020, where he would plead not guilty to one felony count of domestic battery with corporal injury and one felony count of false imprisonment by menace, violence, fraud, and/or deceit." Which charges were dropped that is why he was fired from those shows.
Now for those other things those are new things that have emerged that has happened AFTER. Not defending him but it is not the reason he was fired. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have

You are wrong sir. Adult Swim also knew about the "new things that have emerged that has happened AFTER" as you put it (these are your words and your language skills).

#43411 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

You wonder why Stern, JJP, Spooky and others didn’t get the license. I heard it’s because for BTTF they can’t use the characters likenesses so no Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Thomas Wilson. Pretty much what the pin from the 80s used. Characters that wore the same cloths and had same characteristics but def not them. How many people would buy a BTTF pin if it didn’t have them? It would be like what they did with JP have none of the characters all generic stuff

Is it that they can't use the likenesses or is it more that it's ridiculously expensive to do so. It's entirely possible the reason Dutch may have gotten the license is because they are willing to make BTTF with enough of the assets, but the price of the pin will make everyone bleed out their orifices once announced.

#43412 4 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You are wrong sir. Adult Swim also knew about the "new things that have emerged that has happened AFTER" as you put it (these are your words and your language skills).

Show me where he was fired because of that. Every where I am looking says it was because of the domestic violence and false imprisonment

#43413 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Show me where he was fired because of that. Every where I am looking says it was because of the domestic violence and false imprisonment

Semantics…he may have been fired for one thing, then after the fact it came out that he’s a terrible guy for many reasons. Lets just get back to pinball speculation

#43414 4 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Lets just get back to pinball speculation

Please.

#43415 4 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Semantics…he may have been fired for one thing, then after the fact it came out that he’s a terrible guy for many reasons. Lets just get back to pinball speculation

Yes was fired from that. Then another terrible thing happened but didnt have to do with him leaving. Anyway even if Dutch does have the BTTF license hopefully they can actually crank out the games in a timely fashion and not be like CGC with Pulp Fiction....

Does anyone think we will at least get a teaser of Stern's next game before the year is out. Then show what the game actually looks like at the show in January

#43416 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Anyway do we think we will at least get a teaser of Stern's next game before the year is out. Then show what the game actually looks like at the show in January

I thought i saw somewhere that the factory was in a 2 week holiday shutdown, maybe that applies to the whole company?

Either way I don’t see why they would. Jaws isn’t exactly a secret and hype is already off the charts. People seem to be saving money already, so a “coming soon” would only further dry up other NIB sales

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43417 4 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I thought i saw somewhere that the factory was in a 2 week holiday shutdown, maybe that applies to the whole company?
Either way I don’t see why they would. Jaws isn’t exactly a secret and hype is already off the charts. People seem to be saving money already, so a “coming soon” would only further dry up other NIB sales

2 week shut down that is really nice of them if its true. I wonder when the lovely people working on the line making our games at Stern know what the next game they will be putting together will be. Is it months, weeks or days ahead of time?

#43418 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Hello Kitty Island Adventure with Jack Danger and Zombie Yeti

If I was forced to buy either hello kitty or Pokémon, the latter would be the one...

#43419 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

If I was forced to buy either hello kitty or Pokémon, the latter would be the one...

I did hear a rumor Pokemon might be a thing. That would be a pretty good theme better than John Wick

#43420 4 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Sorry fellas.. if it's not full assets... it's dead on arrival.
[quoted image]

Sheesh guys........

It's not Marty's journey thru the BTTF world..... it's YOUR journey in the time machine.....
-Signed BOF

#43421 4 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Sheesh guys........
It's not Marty's journey thru the BTTF world..... it's YOUR journey in the time machine.....
-Signed BOF

So it's the Universal Studios ride where the background characters and a bunch of random new people have Delorean adventures

#43422 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So it's the Universal Studios ride where the background characters and a bunch of random new people have Delorean adventures

Ooohhhhh I miss that ride.
So much better than the Simpsons version.
Now that Disney owns Simpsons, I hope they tear it out and replace.
Crazy they have to send the mouse a check for the Simpsons and Marvel IP's.

#43423 4 months ago

I agree with what others have said, if there is no MJF or Lloyd, then its best to just leave it alone.

#43424 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm fine with Dutch (I have played a few games of TBL) but I can't afford Dutch prices so I'm automatically out. I can't do $14-15K, sorry.

Especially if it’s BTTF: The Musical

#43425 4 months ago

I think it's going to be another band-themed game, and this time it's going to be the U2 game.

#43426 4 months ago
Quoted from CYUniversal:

I think it's going to be another band-themed game, and this time it's going to be the U2 game.

U2 is one pin my wife would absolutely FORCE me to buy. I'd be a dead man if I said no. I can't imagine what the licensing on that would cost.

#43427 4 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

U2 is one pin my wife would absolutely FORCE me to buy. I'd be a dead man if I said no. I can't imagine what the licensing on that would cost.

My guess is the cost would be that of the 30 Red U2 Iphones

#43428 4 months ago

#43429 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

My guess is the cost would be that of the 30 Red U2 Iphones

Probably less than it would have cost when they were popular.

#43430 4 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

#43431 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

I'm not sure if you've seen what's happening in Vegas currently and the price of tickets?

#43432 4 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm not sure if you've seen what's happening in Vegas currently and the price of tickets?

Yup

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43433 4 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think that's more about the venue. I expect Phish will be even more popular when they play it. There are going to be a LOT of bad LSD trips those dates.

#43434 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

You wonder why Stern, JJP, Spooky and others didn’t get the license. I heard it’s because for BTTF they can’t use the characters likenesses so no Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Thomas Wilson. Pretty much what the pin from the 80s used. Characters that wore the same cloths and had same characteristics but def not them. How many people would buy a BTTF pin if it didn’t have them? It would be like what they did with JP have none of the characters all generic stuff

If trying to get the License was anything like this no wonder they never went for it.

https://fb.watch/p4KXQVl-5x/?mibextid=Nif5oz

#43435 4 months ago

BTTF is absolutely coming from Dutch guys. It's time to let the Stern dream die as I have and double your budget for the game. K-man recently said that what Dutch has come up with in regards to theme integration and mechs far surpasses what they accomplished with TBL. So come on over to the BTTF 2 Hype Thread and The Next Dutch Pinball Thread.

FB_IMG_1653709080554 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1653709080554 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220121-232138_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220121-232138_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220430-233928_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220430-233928_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220806-001650_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220806-001650_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220825-225550_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220825-225550_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png
#43436 4 months ago

With all the people saying they are out because Dutch is building BTTF or because entry level price will most likely be $13,500 minimum, there should be much less orders and we shouldn't have to wait as long...right? Glass half full.

#43437 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you can buy one. Plenty are available to be played.

Not all Pinsiders are wealthy and some prefer to play a game before buying.

#43438 4 months ago

Im glad you got your one last hurrah for your dream theme here Cru.

I truly hope Dutch do a wonderful job with BttF.
Can't wait to see it.

and special k.......
Well......

#43439 4 months ago

Sooooo teaser tomorrow?

#43440 4 months ago

Weird I quoted frankmac video the making of godzilla but it won't quote lol..

#43441 4 months ago

Really did catch lightning in a bottle with godzilla premium/le .... its such a great game all around..gonna b hard to top it imo...

#43442 4 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

With all the people saying they are out because Dutch is building BTTF or because entry level price will most likely be $13,500 minimum, there should be much less orders and we shouldn't have to wait as long...right? Glass half full.

The wait time for TBL is still like 1.5 years and that game has been in production for years and demand should be a fraction of what BTTF demand will be. We may need a time machine to help with the wait on BTTF. I was hoping for Stern just so I'd have hope of having the game in my collection in a reasonable time-frame.

#43444 4 months ago

No teaser/trailer till early Jan so distributors can finish selling Stranger Things/Godzilla. I think that would be for the masses who are not on here. I am hoping the Pro isnt stripped down like how it was for Venom.

#43445 4 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF is absolutely coming from Dutch guys. It's time to let the Stern dream die as I have and double your budget for the game. K-man recently said that what Dutch has come up with in regards to theme integration and mechs far surpasses what they accomplished with TBL. So come on over to the BTTF 2 Hype Thread and The Next Dutch Pinball Thread.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Two pins Stern had/Lost . BTTF and Harry Potter. But hopefully the games they have upcoming will satisfy us....

#43446 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Two pins Stern had/Lost . BTTF and Harry Potter. But hopefully the games they have upcoming will satisfy us....

They still have the most talented designers and code teams delivering reliable fun machines on time. Imagine they’ll be fine, but Pinside satisfied?

#43447 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

They still have the most talented designers and code teams delivering reliable fun machines on time. Imagine they’ll be fine, but Pinside satisfied?

Pinside yes, some Pinsiders.. nevet!

#43448 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

No teaser/trailer till early Jan so distributors can finish selling Stranger Things/Godzilla. I think that would be for the masses who are not on here. I am hoping the Pro isnt stripped down like how it was for Venom.

previous Pro versions of K Elwin pins were all fine

#43449 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I am hoping the Pro isnt stripped down like how it was for Venom.

It's Elwin, who has become Stern's premier designer (And brings in the $$$). They seem to give him a better BoM than others, so I doubt it will be unsatisfying as either a Pro or a Prem.

#43450 4 months ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

previous Pro versions of K Elwin pins were all fine

Godzilla is stripped to the max. Nothing survived outside that magnet.

Physical ball lock - gone.
Moving Building Diverter - gone.
Colapsing Bridge Diverter - gone.
Rotating Ramp/Target/Spinner thingy - gone.
Mechagodzilla Bash Toy - gone.
Godzilla Sculpt - gone.

BKSoR in comparison is a game where everybody says it‘s stripped, because it srsly looks empty without the second playfield, but the main features are completely intact - a black knight with a shield diverter/droptarget/backkicker and a flail backkicker/droptarget/ diverter - and that flame panel for decoration, as well as a magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 499.00
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 47,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 869 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/869 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.