Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 164.
    #5001 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

He doesn't draw people, only characters

You've seen ghostbusters right?

#5002 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Yea, I won in September 2021. After waiting over a year, they attempted delivery last November, but the game fell off a forklift at FedEx. Hopefully it goes well and I get in next run.

I thought I was reading a post I had made. Had a small hole in the box when delivered, GZ Premium. Unboxed, it’s a total mess. The playfield dropped into the bottom of the cabinet, the top box will not unfold all the way, the glass won’t even go back in when the playfield was put back in place. Top box will light up, but the playfield is dead. There was plywood splinters everywhere.

I was promised an exchange on the February run. It’s been sitting in my man cave for over a month. I take out all my pinball needs on my Guardian of the Galaxy, so it’s not all bad.

#5003 1 year ago
    Quoted from bohmerland:

I thought I was reading a post I had made. Had a small hole in the box when delivered, GZ Premium. Unboxed, it’s a total mess. The playfield dropped into the bottom of the cabinet, the top box will not unfold all the way, the glass won’t even go back in when the playfield was put back in place. Top box will light up, but the playfield is dead. There was plywood splinters everywhere.
    I was promised an exchange on the February run. It’s been sitting in my man cave for over a month. I take out all my pinball needs on my Guardian of the Galaxy, so it’s not all bad.

That sucks. I’ve had 4 NIB deliveries and had to refuse 2 of them. The distributors always did a great job of getting things right, but they’re at the mercy of Stern, and it took months in each situation. Between the neverending delays, price increases and total shipping gamble, I’ve backed off NIB for a while

Buy/sell/trade local…meet cool people, check out different gamerooms, and get your games home in one piece

#5004 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You've seen ghostbusters right?

And Primus.

He’s drawn real people in his non pinball work too.

Jeremy is a talented illustrator, he’s perfectly capable of multiple styles.

#5005 1 year ago

Foo Fighters has zero appeal. As does another superhero (Venom).

How about Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers for a music pin? Floyd is a no brainer as well, although the rights are a mess if you want to use anything from the Wall.

How about a Martian pin? (Based on the Movie). That would work well for pinball I think. Or 2001 a Space Odyssey? Or even just an unlicensed Mars pin might be cool.

#5006 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Rush and FF have nothing in common other than FF inducted them into the hall of fame I think (I remember them dressed like 70’s Rush geeking out and giving them some award…). Rush has a far bigger fan base and a much deeper more varied catalog and it was still polarizing… I’d like to try a Jack Danger pin, but I think I’d rather listen to Hole than FF (or Nirvana)

In the Time Stands Still documentary something along the lines of the following was said. “Rush may not be your favorite band, but they are someone in your favorite band’s favorite band”

#5007 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:

How about a Martian pin? (Based on the Movie). That would work well for pinball I think.

Shoot "Collect Your Own Feces" 4 times to light "Grow Potatoes Multiball"! Not sure on that one... It was a cool movie, but I'm not sure the pace is right.

#5008 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:

Foo Fighters has zero appeal. As does another superhero (Venom).
    How about Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers for a music pin? Floyd is a no brainer as well, although the rights are a mess if you want to use anything from the Wall.
    How about a Martian pin? (Based on the Movie). That would work well for pinball I think. Or 2001 a Space Odyssey? Or even just an unlicensed Mars pin might be cool.

these are all terrible ideas, for what it's worth

#5009 1 year ago

If Stern is moving forward with Foo Fighters it’s apparent they are targeting the generation that grew up in the 90s, such as myself. With that being said, I wouldn’t even consider a Foo Fighters machine but would buy a Pearl Jam machine day 1.

#5010 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

would buy a Pearl Jam machine day 1

Mumble Multiball!

#5011 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:Foo Fighters has zero appeal. As does another superhero (Venom).

Which Mfg teased cabinet artwork of an unlicensed space theme machine a year or two ago? Was it Spooky or maybe Deeproot?

#5012 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Which Mfg teased cabinet artwork of an unlicensed space theme machine a year or two ago? Was it Spooky or maybe Deeproot?

American has Galactic Tank Force. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

#5013 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Mumble Multiball!

Hahahahaha

#5014 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

If no Elivira this month hopefully that means more GZPre’s being built.

If Elvira is delayed again hopefully they won’t squeeze in yet another price increase.
    My Sister in law has been waiting a long time for hers. The price increase and long delay has her questioning the purchase. Distro said no problem if you want a full deposit refund because he claims to have a fairly long list of buyers to take her spot.

#5015 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That’s it, thank you! Can’t wait to see and play it!

#5016 1 year ago

It was Spooky.

031-tpf-2018 (resized).jpg031-tpf-2018 (resized).jpgIMG_7062-e1521403453595 (resized).jpgIMG_7062-e1521403453595 (resized).jpg
    #5017 1 year ago

That’s it, thank you! Can’t wait to see and play it!

Dennis Nordman-designed, so I'm very interested in it, as well.

#5018 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It was Spooky.[quoted image][quoted image]

I totally forgot about this one. Given how poor Halloween's video assets are, it's probably better that Spooky sticks to licenses with abundant animated video assets available like Scooby/Treehouse of Horror/Futurama/Batman Animated Series.

I'd love to see a Vampire Hunter D or Trigun if they branch into anime.

#5019 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Mumble Multiball!

Lol, over 500 callouts by Eddie Vedder, but you won’t be able to understand them , I think I’d pass on that. I listened to a pretty wide variety in the 90’s, but not grunge for the most part (some sound garden). From that era NIN, Tool, Cake, Eels, Beck, Ben Folds, Liz Phair, Sublime, Cypress Hill, They Might Be Giants, REM, Everclear, Blink 182, Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan (no new albums but I caught them in concert) etc. were all in my rotation but only a few might make good pins.

#5020 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It was Spooky.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is actually the machine I was talking about. Thank you for posting! I am excited to play both of these machines. Lots of potential and no money spent for licensing that hopefully was used for better mechs and features.

Coming soon … 2018!
    Pinball Mfg is hard and sometimes painfully slow.

#5021 1 year ago

I am excited to play both of these machines.

Sadly, I don't think we are going to see it built. I was so excited for this too.

#5022 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, over 500 callouts by Eddie Vedder, but you won’t be able to understand them , I think I’d pass on that. I listened to a pretty wide variety in the 90’s, but not grunge for the most part (some sound garden). From that era NIN, Tool, Cake, Eels, Beck, Ben Folds, Liz Phair, Sublime, Cypress Hill, They Might Be Giants, REM, Everclear, Blink 182, Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan (no new albums but I caught them in concert) etc. were all in my rotation but only a few might make good pins.

NIN and Cypress Hill could be interesting titles. Would Stern ever build a machine with a pot leaf on a backglass/ playfield? Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke (with custom callouts) also would have huge potential except it’s not family friendly. That’s probably more of a Spooky/American Pinball title.

2C5610CE-814A-4A4B-BBA0-4757CCAFE201 (resized).jpeg2C5610CE-814A-4A4B-BBA0-4757CCAFE201 (resized).jpeg
    #5023 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I totally forgot about this one. Given how poor Halloween's video assets are, it's probably better that Spooky sticks to licenses with abundant animated video assets available like Scooby/Treehouse of Horror/Futurama/Batman Animated Series.
    I'd love to see a Vampire Hunter D or Trigun if they branch into anime.

Vampire Hunter D would be awesome-

#5024 1 year ago

Maybe Stern should give us a music mix pin. One song each from 16 artists. Pick the top two or three bands and work elements from their iconology into the artwork. I am thinking hip hop would work well. What do ya think? But, we demand expression lighting in it and enough kits be run to bust the current expression logjam.

#5025 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe Stern should give us a music mix pin. One song each from 16 artists. Pick the top two or three bands and copy elements from their bands iconology onto the artwork. I am thinking hip hop would work well. What do ya think?

Funny enough the naming would probably be really important so you could have something as identifiable as a licensed IP. I think I’d prefer these genre/era pins to single band pins.

#5026 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dennis Nordman-designed, so I'm very interested in it, as well.

Same here, I’m hoping they will be revealing it at Texas Pinball coming up.

For anime, I’m glad I’m not the only one old enough to remember Vampire Hunter but I don’t think enough people do to make it viable. They’d probably have to make it Dragonball Z or something. I’m more of a Patlabor guy myself.

#5027 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

For anime, I’m glad I’m not the only one old enough to remember Vampire Hunter but I don’t think enough people do to make it viable. They’d probably have to make it Dragonball Z or something. I’m more of a Patlabor guy myself.

The newer Japanese anime is not for me. They lost me when Moe became a fad style. Ugh.

#5028 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:

Or even just an unlicensed Mars pin might be cool.

Thought experiment: What if Stranger Things had exactly the same gameplay but instead was titled and themed Attack From Mars: Saucer Of Rage? Replace the demogorgon with a saucer with the same hole to blow it up. How popular would this have been?

#5029 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The newer Japanese anime is not for me. They lost me when Moe became a fad style. Ugh.

There are still some solid anime out there. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has been good so far.

#5030 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Has potential to be really good or really bad

#5031 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

There are still some solid anime out there. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has been good so far.

Don't like the style and Demon Slayer is infected with the moe trope. Boo.

#5032 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't like the style and Demon Slayer is infected with the moe trope. Boo.

For something more unique, try One Punch Man. One of the funniest Manga/Anime out there

#5033 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

For something more unique, try One Punch Man. One of the funniest Manga/Anime out there

Maybe. Trailer looks ok. A possibility.

#5035 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Oh man, that's my daughters favorite thing right now. Might actually get her to play.

#5036 1 year ago

When somebody hears something from their chosen distributor about the ETA on a Godzilla Prem please post.

Thx

#5037 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

When somebody hears something from their chosen distributor about the ETA on a Godzilla Prem please post.
    Thx

should start shipping next friday

#5038 1 year ago

I am going to be like that annoying kid asking if we are there yet.

Elvira hit the line yet?

Elvira hit the line yet?

#5039 1 year ago

I wonder if Stern is going to be able to meet existing pre-order demand for Elvira.

Seems like there’s an awful lot of people wanting one.

#5040 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Mumble Multiball!

Good one

#5041 1 year ago

Any knowledge on Jurassic park premiums?

#5042 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

should start shipping next friday

Tilt Pardon the question, but next and this (pick a day of the week) has always been a topic of debate amongst my friends. So, for clarification, do you mean next Friday as in the 17th or as in the 10th?

#5043 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

I wonder if Stern is going to be able to meet existing pre-order demand for Elvira.

I think I remember awhile back on Zach Meny's podcast he said it was 30% of his pre-order list getting covered so some dealers have a lot more orders than allocation.

#5044 1 year ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

I think I remember awhile back on Zach Meny's podcast he said it was 30% of his pre-order list getting covered so some dealers have a lot more orders than allocation.

My distro said he was only getting a quarter of what he asked for (and had deposits sitting for all of them). That can't be fun: calling people waiting for years and telling them "Yeah, sorry about the 25% price increase and oh by the way.... you didn't make the cut either, sorry. Maybe next year IF they make more next year. Glad to have your deposit, call you in a year or so."

#5045 1 year ago

Elvira orders really have got shafted big time.

#5046 1 year ago

It is great Stern has moved into their new location and are up and running with 50% more capacity. I wonder why Stern didn’t use the old location for few overlapping years. That’s right, if Stern had kept their old location and also used their new location, they would have been able to increase production by 150%. That move would have allowed Stern to work through most of their backlog and make new games.

If Stern was trying to capture maximum sales in order to sell their company, then this was a sure fire way to do it. Imagine Stern spending another $10M at old location over two years as they turnout $110M of product. THEN they’d be primed to sell the company and drop the old factory lease for good.

#5047 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Most places already sold out of the game just on wait lists. It sucks they have shafted that game as the demand for it is there, even at the ridiculous price. They waited so long to re run it so that demand just built up and one tiny run is pretty sad

#5048 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is great Stern has moved into their new location and are up and running with 50% more capacity. I wonder why Stern didn’t use the old location for few overlapping years.

New lease starts October 2023. Also, you can't just double your staff whenever you want.

#5049 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Who cares about FF? Seems like a complete miss. What about Van Halen, Motley Crue or def leopard?
    You wanna go late 90’s early 00’s, how about sublime?

I’m with you, I typically hate band pins, not because I hate the band but because the gameplay just never

Quoted from dboeren:

Maybe I’m just an anime nerd but I know so many people that would buy a dragon ball Z pinball machine that don’t even like pinball
    I’d buy 2 LE’s I’d be so happy, I don’t care who the designer is and if it played like crap. That’s a theme that would have me sold no matter what. And I usually care more about gameplay/code/flow than themes. I think that’s a whole new market of younger buyers for stern to tap into and get into the hobby. Naruto has Been going longer and has a bigger fan base probably. I bet if anyone made an anime pin that would be the 1st

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/101?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.