Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#651 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Another vote of confidence for Rob olbobber at Mad Pinball. My DP Premium from the small late Jan run was just delivered yesterday. He was very communicative through the process. He was also very accommodating when FedEx botched the drop ship and attempted to deliver to him rather than directly to me. He did everything he could to get it resolved and keep me informed. FedEx admitted mistake and got it to me in great condition.
    The real judge of good customer service is how things are handled when they don’t go according to plan. Rob proved that he goes the extra mile to fix mistakes even when they were made by a third party. [quoted image][quoted image]

Damn I want one!

2 weeks later
    #761 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Is Deadpool moved up from August to July?

Hope so - I am on the list for one.

1 month later
    #1345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:The demand is obviously nuts but on a different note I was in Long Beach last week and got a first hand look at the supply chain issues everyone is talking about. Cargo ships as far as the eye could see just sitting there waiting. It was mind boggling and made me a little more sympathetic to manufacturers. Hope you get your game soon, GZ is incredible!

I heard Flipnout has a back order for 100 Rush machines alone. Demand for pins is so crazy - hard to imagine.

#1445 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Wow that’s really eye opening….I ordered my GZ premium 12/1 with my dist. And was told probably may run/ poss. July. So I’ll count myself very lucky. I get the different distributor thing but it still seems wrong for me to order 3 months after you and possibly receive our order in the same run. Especially considering the huge amount of orders for GZ premium

It really does depend on your area demand and your distributor. Distribution and demand are not even and certainly not balanced. I know people that have walked into their distributor and just bought a high demand Stern at MSRP.

#1466 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m surprised that many of you are required to pay a $1,000 deposit on preorder. Is it refundable? I’ve only ever used one distributor and he charges a refundable $250 deposit with balance paid the day the game ships

Mine just does a wait list. You are offered the pin and if you don't take.. Next person.

#1471 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I find it interesting NOBODY wants to mention their distributor. All the secrecy around pinball and end of the day people don’t want to “call out” anyone or cause them more work by having others inquire? It’s their business. They are middle men/women.
    I’m pre order through Cointaker last Nov and was told sometime this year.

Player One Toronto

#1545 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

If orders are getting to 2 years out Stern doesn’t even need to do any new titles.

Nope.

But if they don't make new titles they will lose their all-star design teams. That can't happen.

#1609 2 years ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Was originally a March Godzilla order (ordered beginning in November). Just was told Distributor had their allocation cut again and now looking at July/August. Hopefully that date sticks now.

My distro won't give me a date or time frame but I think I will get one sometime this spring/ summer.

Fingers crossed.

I'm on the list for a DP also but I think I would prefer a GZ.

1 week later
    #1839 2 years ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

My disti said that my Rush Prem was due to be made last week. Any news on if Rush is on the line or if they slipped a bit? (likely)

Last I heard Rush production coming for the next 2 weeks

#1879 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

I’m pretty sure they’re gonna run Deadpool until the last person on the planet has one! Lol!

I have heard from a distributor the backlog for DP is almost the same as GZ

#1904 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think that Stern is STARTING to get caught up on some of its backlog. I just received the following list about stock games with free shipping (promotion) from pinballpro. It's not the full lineup, but it is progress.
    Avengers IQ Pro
    Avengers IQ Premium
    Mandalorian Pro
    Mandalorian Premium
    Beatles Gold
    Star Wars Pin Comic
    RUSH Pro
    Guns N Roses Limited

Really depends on where you live.

Only in stock / available locally last I checked was Hot Wheels and Mando Premium.

#1923 2 years ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

I would rather they do 1000 deposit and we actually get our games.

Right??

#1931 2 years ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Is July going to be the last run for JP premium?

Definitely tons of demand and they don't come up for sale on the secondary often.

I'm shocked only one run this summer.

#1954 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Womp, womp. Maybe not. RUSH Pros are halted for running out of parts. They're making RUSH premiums now. RUSH Pro may resume later this week or early next.

Oh that sucks - a lot of people waiting for these.

Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Hahah, hey now…Some folks, like me, are waiting for a LZ premium. I don’t even see LZ in the ‘to build list’… hopefully they squeak a few machines in between the big runs of other pins.
    It’s ok, it took a while to play lots of games on a few Prem/LE machines to overcome my fear that the ‘cognoscenti disdain’ on Pinside was correct and realize I enjoy the play, shots, and music to order one. I also need a little time to decide what leaves when it arrives.

LZ is a great game.

I think it may be done production now though as Steve left Stern.

#1959 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they had a good start, then hit a wall. Frustrating for a lot of RUSH Pro customers waiting for their day-one orders for just shy of 4 months now...

Feel very fortunate I got my pro in February even with the scoop issues.

#1963 2 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I received notification today that my Rush pro will be shipping from CT.

Awesome congrats! You will love it!

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Good luck on ordering a new LZ...I'm fearful they aren't going to build anymore based on the shortages of more popular games. I own a LZ premium...unlike most sentiment towards the game on this website, mine is bolted to the floor! Not going anywhere! I love the flow and the theme! I'd be on the lookout for one in the secondhand market.

I have a LZ Premium arriving Friday from New Brunswick. I'm pretty excited. They often sell at a bit of a discount to other recent premiums but I think given the limited numbers, prices will go up.

#1968 2 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Dude there's a LZ premium on the market right now for under MSRP. Buy that.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132569

Good price

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

LZ is a good game, I hope you enjoy it..the upper right flipper shot has to be one of the hardest/most rewarding shots.

I'm excited.

#1996 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Very strange, I asked P1 around the same time about ordering a GZ Premium and they said they wouldn't take my order, too many ahead of me (and I live in Ontario). Surprised they can sell to an American, as Canadians cannot technically buy from a US distributor. Never heard of them selling to a person in the US before. Do they charge you any sales tax as we have to pay 13% if picked up in Ontario? Thanks.

Ya, Player 1 has stores all over North America.

https://www.winwithp1ag.com/about-us/contact-us

So they wouldn't put you on the wait list at all?

1 week later
    #2099 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought there were two distributors in Canada? Only one?

Yep - Nitro in the west and Player One in the east.

Quoted from pinballjah:

I was going to say, that sounds like Ontario They only have a distribution restriction on Stern games so you can buy JJP, Chicago Gaming, etc., from any other distributor you like in Canada or the US. I know lots of people that buy Stern games in Michigan, etc. from distributors that will gladly sell to a Canadian. They don't seem to have any territorial issues. Some US distributors won't sell to Ontario residents but a lot don't seem to care.

I think the general rule is they can't ship to Ontario but you can pick up. There are several places that you can ship to in Niagara/Buffalo that you can pick up from and I think Shippsy will actually bring them up for you . Definitely options.

2 weeks later
    #2383 1 year ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Any chance that they are going to run DP Pro again? Or should I just try to get it from someone else?

Only one run this summer and I didn't get my pro.

I have a bad feeling this may be the last run this year but who knows. I just hope I get my GZ later this summer.

#2570 1 year ago

I’m not here to start a fight, but I thought your post was helpful and in good spirit for the community of this thread and even though I’m not interested in a DP I appreciate you sir!

Same - I've been waiting for a DP pro since November. I guess nothing for this run and I'm not sure there will be another.

Maybe I'll get lucky with a GZ pro in the summer or fall.

1 week later
    #2653 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

I ordered my GZ prem nov 5th... Still have zero idea when it will arrive. What is my best bet on another NIB Stern that i could receive quickly?

Same - GZ Pro ordered in Nov.

Quoted from Pinash:

Mando is a fun game. Unfortunately with a lot of GZ, DP, JP, and Halloween (yup I included that one) showing up at homes and in the marketplace, Mando definitely looses out.

With deliveries from Stern up I'm seeing the market soften a little. Locally a lot of Avengers have come up for sale.

#2723 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rcarpen22:

My GZ Pro is in! Going to pick it up this week. I know the Pros are not so hard to get as the premiums, but I’m pretty pumped nonetheless.

Still not easy to get a pro - I have been waiting 8 months.

Ok I’m really frustrated, I talk to my distributor because he had said I might get my GZ premium. So I call today just to see if he had any updates, I’ve called him maybe twice in the last 8 months. He acts like he doesn’t know when the game is being made, doesn’t know when he gets games in or how many. All of those things I know he knows. If I’m not getting my game this run just say so. That’s fine I don’t care I’ll get it next run but don’t give me this run around of it could be any day it could be 2 months let’s just see what I get when I get it. Like I said I don’t care that I’m having to wait, and I really try to not pester him. This is the last game I buy from this dist.

Our distro is the same. They never know anything and won't say much other than I'm on a list.

At least they don't want a deposit.

#2725 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Sounds like my distributor. But it would be nice if they told us how many premiums they get in the May run, and what position on the list we were on, and what position on the list we now sit going into the next run, (assuming we don’t make the cut)

I always find it strange that some seem to know their allocations exactly and some know nothing.

Ah well - if I find something I like before my GZ is allocated then I miss it.

#2817 1 year ago

Surprised LZ is back.

I thought demand was soft.

#2834 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably has to do with blowing through the parts they have for it then retiring it. Definitely hasn't set the sales charts on fire.

Premium is a fun game IMO. Underrated.

#2852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

So they're done with Godzillas already? WTF!!! UGGHHHHH.
    I'm never getting mine.

That's the sinking feeling I'm getting now

#2867 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

That was my thought. Must have been short on parts.

Replacement units maybe?

#2921 1 year ago

Blows my mind that people are just finding GZ premiums and I'm waiting 7 months for a pro.

#2935 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

This is your absolutely last shot at a NIB GOTG. If you want one. Call and get on a list now.

Yep.. Pro is good too

#2971 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Looks like Mando is on the line. I hope stern continues the what's on the line Friday on Facebook.

I see Mandos in stock at several distributors now

Wish they were GZs or DPs

#2988 1 year ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I have Godzilla Pro and Deadpool Pro in stock
    [quoted image]

I may come back to you thanks! I would love to save the $500 shipping if my distro gets me a July GZ.

With the big jump in price of a JJP on toy story I imagine the next stern will jump up in price too. I bet a pro will be 8k premium 10k and LE could go to 12-13k
    All the more reason I’m praying I get my GZ premium in July before the new release

I think you may be right.

TS4 is likely a sign of things to come with the next cornerstone in August!

#3036 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

there are dealers on pinside marketplace offering retail price + free shipping of Rush Premium

I believe there is a big batch coming very soon

#3038 1 year ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Hope so. I’m supposed to be in the June run.

If you orderd from Nitro you should be good. Showing stock for this year.

#3042 1 year ago

Looks like all Rush this week

Screenshot_20220625-101828_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-101828_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #3063 1 year ago
    Quoted from bsrhardy:

Just got my Godzilla premium today. June 18 build date.

Wow - I thought they were building in July

#3096 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

Sales tax makes it not as attractive.

Sales tax definitely a buzz kill..

Also, no distributor support

#3105 1 year ago

Wait it’s not normal to pay sales tax? LOL just got killed on sales taxes for my GZ premium I just finalized payment on.

A lot of places you can buy and get shipping from another state and pay no tax.

I wish that worked in Canada lol!

#3148 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Debating on doing this with my GZ premium, I imagine at some point the market will be flooded with them and could possibly pick up a used one.

Never a rush to get a game, you are right. It's the hottest game now but who knows what's next. Should be lots of them in a year or two.

1 week later
    #3226 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

The distro's are told their allocation beforehand.
    If I was a dealer/distro I'd be sending invoices as soon as I knew too (for a specific run). Gotta run thru those people who are dropping out and get to the good orders.

This ^^^

They know allocation and they know when they go into production.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Please don't hesitate to reach out, when not using a credit card, we can knock of some

Thank you

1 week later
    #3306 1 year ago

Canada must not much in the way of supply from Stern. I asked for Godzilla pro last year and didn't get one. Looks like they are done for the year on the pro.

#3362 1 year ago
    Quoted from fourvdean:

Ill ask again, does anyone know if GZ pro's are on the line or scheduled to be this year, all i keep hearing about is premiums, maybe no demand for pros and they shelved them to 2023

My distro had some as I know 2 people got one last week. Sadly I didn't get one (no more coming this year to him anyway) so I cancelled my order.

Just bought a used Ghostbusters instead. There will be lots of Godzillas made next year.

2 weeks later
    #3526 1 year ago

Wow, nice. Congrats!

#3542 1 year ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Noticed that too and figured that another run is in the works.

I mite be interested in a IM premium

1 week later
    #3581 1 year ago

I think the GOG run pretty much sold out - popular title and a great game.

#3626 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

That would be news to most people since it’s been moved to Stern’s archived section on their website

I've heard the rumor also. Given the popularity of the show and the pin I could see it coming back.

#3634 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

I heard to keep up with JJP, Stern is going to release a Stranger Things 4 (JK)

LOL

#3657 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

Probably Star Wars still. I think LZ next and then GotG.

Yup - I think LZ prem next and then the new cornerstone.

#3701 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Is there a price increase rumored to happen soon?

Next week. If you were going to buy something available, buy this week.

#3728 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

if its only a 300ish increase most people will be fine with that. Theyll actually praise stern for their small increase in comparison to TS4 at JJP

Yup - Even $500 and Stern still looks cheap and still has better games than almost anyone else.

1 week later
    #3764 1 year ago
    220131_r39778_rd (resized).jpg220131_r39778_rd (resized).jpg
    #3765 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

just imagine if they really did make LZ for 4 weeks straight. poor distributors would be having to give them away.

It's actually a really good pin. It took a little time to realize, but great shooter.

1 week later
    #3855 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I wonder if the pinball market will follow the real estate market. The owner of the house next door had an offer to buy the house earlier this year for $585,000 and the owner scoffed at the offer, thinking that the market is so hot that he could get $650,000. Well the house has been listed at $565,000 for two months without any takers. He expected a bidding war, but by the time the house went on the market, the market had cooled significantly.
    I'm starting to think that waiting for the secondary market next year is a better path than ordering an NIB that's at least that far away. Stern reminds me of the owner of the house next door in a lot of ways. I wouldn't order a game right now with such a long lead time when the market could be totally different by the time it ships.

I think it's safe to say overall pinball demand and secondary market pinball prices prices will fall to some degree. I know I decided to hold off on some renos this winter until I see where the economy is going.

#3883 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Guardians invoice received and paid, told it ships next week

Awesome game

#3936 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I need my RUSH Topper!

Ive given on that. A year has past and still no Godzilla

#3963 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I’ve seen plenty of GZ premiums listed for 10,500 or less recently. Factor in the price increase and shipping costs and you’re pretty much there.

In a year there will be Godzillas everywhere for sale, prices will keep coming down with supply and Stern is going to crank these out big time.

Quoted from hiker2099:

I traded GZ Premium for Rush Prem. GZ is overhyped by the community at large JMHO. I never even knew who Rush was but it is a real shooter and integration is top notch. I am now a Rush fan.
    Now if only Borg would put Elwin in check with a King Kong pin.

Godzilla is a fantastic game but I easily have more fun shooting Rush .

2 weeks later
    #4044 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I believe they still have more led Zeppelin premiums to make. I have one on order and my distributor told me they're waiting on parts for the expression lighting. My distributors said he's waiting on about 20 of them still.

I guess Rush owners will be waiting a long time for expression lighting.

2 weeks later
    #4140 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

I lost $2k just to move my 50 play avengers aiq premium loaded with topper and mods. Couldn’t imagine paying the new prem price for it.

For whatever reason Avengers aren't moving. Prices came way down.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

For most titles the Premiums are back to selling at a pretty significant discount. I have a feeling Stern may have a hard time pushing this price increase.

Ya.. End of pandemic, more supply, softened economy and inflation are all hitting this year. I agree, price hikes will be tough to push through. I have a GZ order in and I may pull it if it's not filled at year end.

#4161 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Prior to COVID, most distributors had pro/prem games in stock and you could find the same gently used titles for $500-$1k under MSRP.
    My guess is the price increases will return the market to the pre-COVID model where most people buy used unless a new title is a dream theme.

I agree.. And that's ok. Covid really distorted the market in every way.

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

The dealers might start offering a bit off the retail also.

I think they will have to. Prices may have gone up too fast and people seem to be choking on them a bit.

#4180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

Meanwhile.. There's still Rush Pro and Premium on Amazon

I suspect the premiums in particular will disappear before year end price hike.

1 month later
    #4568 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone hear when the next iron maiden run will be?

Iron Maiden is done as far as I know

#4572 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

It’s not in the archive section on their site yet so still hope for those waiting I think

You are correct!

Maybe one last run to come - didn't make any last year though and nothing scheduled for 2023 so far.

#4581 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bohm:

I'm on a waiting list for GZ Premium and right now I don't know if I'm willing to pay $700 more.

I'm pondering the same thing, especially when I can pick up a lot of great used pins right now for prices that are lower than 6 months ago.

3 weeks later
    #4730 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Rush seems to be the definition of something that will have no long term legs. All the Rush fans bought one right away and it's not like there's any new Rush fans still being created. And the pinballing isn't amazing enough to transcend the dad-rock genre like Iron Maiden did. Iron Maiden makes you feel badass, Rush's vibe is to make you feel silly. Rush's ceiling for demand is no higher than Led Zeppelin and probably lower.

Disagree. It's been moving up the charts steadily (#12 now). As people play it more word is getting around its an awesome game.

Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder too...... but I'm not sure if SW really is a great seller, I'm sure it's a steady moderate seller but not a great one. If it was still hot then they'd be making the comic art version.

Star Wars wins a lot of coin drops from the name alone and Locally anyway, they don't come up often for sale.

#4757 1 year ago

The issue with Stern (and others) is that they have or are in the process of raising prices while used prices are falling.

I didnt get a GZ last year and now I have to pay $700 more. Meanwhile I'm seeing many used Sterns $1000-1500 less than last year this time. The other issue is used pins arent moving very quickly so I feel like it's only a matter of time before distro inventory starts rising this year. How deep this recession goes is the wild card.

Very tempted to pass on GZ. I will have to pass if I can't move one of my other pins.

#4764 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a weird technical recession in the US because the jobs and general economy are still pretty strong with corporate profits at the highest level since the 1950s. What tripped the GDP-based recession switch was sky high energy prices aggravated by the Ukraine war and naked profiteering by corporations blaming supply chain issues when those are mostly long past (see: highest corporate profits since the 1950s). And even the negative growth from early last year that tripped the technical recession seems to be edging into in the rearview mirror. The strong recent US jobs report seems to bear that out, and profits are still very high. Unfortunately, the great jobs report means that the Fed will likely be raising interest rates again, strengthening the US Dollar, which is bad for the rest of the world, but GREAT for US vacations overseas. For Americans it's a great time to visit Tokyo DisneySea and see the best Disney park on the planet. It's about 1/3 off normal pricing due to the strong US dollar.
    BUT that strong US dollar will also raise the prices of Stern pinball machines (and toppers!) overseas without them raising the actual price at all. And that could be bad for Stern unless they try to adjust the overseas pricing so the end user prices don't continue to go crazy due purely to exchange rate.
    We'll see, but I wouldn't count on a big recession making your dream pinball lineup cheaper soon unless there are severe developments with Ukraine/Russia or China/Taiwan that destabilize things further.

Quoted from vikingerik:

There is no real recession. The negative growth is an illusion of badly analyzed year-over-year numbers. The 2022 numbers look bad only because they are being compared to year-2021 numbers that were artificially high because of time-shifted pent-up demand from the 2020 pandemic year. Compare anything from 2022 to 2019 and it looks close enough to normal for a three-year period.

Recession hasn't really hit yet though. Layoffs are just starting and believe me when I tell you, the Fed wants a lot more layoffs to cool the economy and tame inflation before it eases monetary policy again. There is potentially a very significant amount of pain ahead and unfortunately most of the supply chain and energy issues are not going away anytime soon.

I would not take the Fed's comments on their plans lightly. They have been extremely hawkish and we have never seen rates rise so fast. The effects of those hikes is yet to be felt by most people.

#4768 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

This year and 2024 will be bad. I hope that no pinball company has to layoff or worse close.

I think it's too soon to say how deep the recession will be but the pinball market definitely continues to cool off.

Maybe it's a good thing. Like the stock market, the pinball market was getting a little too rich and frothy. I certainly hope none of the makers have to close.

#4778 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

If there is an actual recession, I think it will be very light... more like the Y2K inventory adjustment recession.
    There is still a significant labor shortage in the marketplace. Any layoffs that happen will be offset by new hires. It may help to cool wage growth, which will ultimately wind down inflation.
    I just don't get the belief that we are headed to a massive 2008-era recession when there is such a shortage of labor. For it to happen the absolute bottom would have to fall out of the jobs market, and based on corporate profits, I don't see that happening.

I would agree that it seems unlikely we will see a deep recession or a huge uptick in unemployment, but the Fed will want to see a 1-2% uptick for sure. There is no other way to loosen the labor tightness.

That said - uncertainty, wealth shrinkage (stock market), high interest rates and inflation will continue to slow discretionary spending and that includes pinball. I can't see any other outcome, at least for the next 4-6 months.

#4783 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Pinball wise you can see it with used game sales. They arent going for the premium they were a year ago(im ignoring the sought after LE market). A lot of that can probably be attributed to Stern pumping out games the last year from their backlog, but I think its also about folks having less free cash to spend on things like Pins.
    I like many others took quite a hit in the market in 2022. I tend to invest more in tech which took a beating. Even though we may have the money to spend its harder to let it go when your portfolio is so darn red!
    Luckily my 11 pin lineup is full. I cant fit another. So when I need a new game I just need to sell one hopefully for around the same price I want the new game at....

Ya I see pins sitting and not selling and I see price cuts. Older pins locally are especially not moving.

Price hikes by Stern are hitting at the exact wrong time. If you are in the market though - the price breaks on great used pins are coming!

2 weeks later
    #4807 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Dang, I’ve been waiting something like 58 weeks to give them $9,000, now $9,700 (yay!) thanks to how long it’s been since I put in my order. I can imagine waiting what’s probably felt like forever to get a game I won.

I gave up on getting a NIB GZ - managed to fine a used premium for old new price but only 586 plays. I'm happy.

There should be a ton of supply coming this year but I think demand is still growing too. Game surprises anyone who plays it at my house. It's a special game for sure.

#4809 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

I'm just hoping they do another run of Stranger Things Premium as Gomez hinted at - preferably with an updated TK lock mechanism and the UV playfield pre-installed. Also I'm not sure when such a thing might be able to fit into the production schedule if it DID happen.

There are gaps in the schedule this year and keep in mind, they are moving to a larger facility. It could happen.

#4816 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Call around to other distributors, especially the smaller ones. In the summer I found a gz premium within a week after waiting on a list for months.

I agree - I have found stock at some smaller distros that the larger more known distros didn't have. I doubt anyone has a GZ in stock right now though.

Quoted from Quadrat:

I was kinda like you. But I shifted from a Prem to Pro. I got my NIB pro in Sept. Great game.

The pro is super fun, honestly I would have taken one last year if it was offered but I didn't even get that.

#4822 1 year ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

What are the thoughts on what the cornerstones are going to be?

According to Kaneda next 4 - Venom, Foo Fighters, Indiana Jones and Jaws.

#4828 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

For the love of god, that is one humorless lineup.

Jaws is apparently the next Elwin. It could be good, I'm more than a little curious for sure because GZ is so good. I wasn't excited for GZ theme but I love the game.

#4863 1 year ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

When will Stranger Things Premium be on the line again? 2024?

Rumor for the next season is 2024 so that mite make sense.

#5030 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

American has Galactic Tank Force. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Has potential to be really good or really bad

#5072 1 year ago

Will be a ton of new owners in Feb/March I suspect!

#5092 1 year ago

Boatload of GZ premiums are about to be unleashed on the world!!

#5096 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

pretty sure that posting a factory friday video is not a high priority, lol.

On FB most Fridays. Marketing team weekly function I'm sure.

2 weeks later
    #5422 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Am I crazy or does Foo Fighters remind anyone else of Scooby Doo??

The stream tonight proves its Scooby-Foo

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there really more demand for these...
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Maybe there’s a bunch of people waiting on these games but it just seems odd that Stern would make these instead of other things that have large back orders. (GZ DP JP EHOH) or run some STH.

I agree. Plus how about that run of Stranger Things!

#5430 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Foo is clearly inspired by scooby cartoon. Even the skeleton masks the aliens are wearing. There was an episode where the bad guys wear the same. There was another episode with aliens. So aliens wearing skeleton masks is like funny/ridiculous. They took the tropes from Scoob and other old cartoons and exaggerated them. I thought this was plain to see. It doesn’t mean they sabotaged the scoob pin. It’s not like it is a real big stretch to do such a thing, it’s been done before in movies & cartoons many times.

JD out-Scoobied Spooky pinball.

Definitely a lot of Ghostbusters, Scooby-Doo and AFM in this pin.

#5448 1 year ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Do we have any dates on FF Pro first run?

It's on the line now as far as I know.

#5460 1 year ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Looks like it's GZ and EHOH again this week

Maybe I misheard. Should be very soon though as deliveries of pros is towards the end of the month.

1 week later
    #5615 1 year ago

I'm in for a Bond at some point most likely but I need to see the code much closer to 1.0 or better.

1 month later
    #6097 11 months ago

It's odd there is so much demand for JP Premiums.

2 sitting on the market locally for weeks for sale for under NIB.

1 week later
    #6215 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some buyers, including myself, rather pay $500 more to have a game NIB and delivered to their home. 200+ plays and having to drive to then pack up a game for transport isn’t worth the $500 savings IMO.

Only if it's local... the games I see are more like $1500 off new but no IC. Different strokes I guess. 200 plays is nothing.

1 month later
    #6842 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Apparently, we’ll see it in 3 weeks at Comic-Con available to play thanks to Orange County Pinballs. So maybe a tease soon and full announcement in 2 weeks?
    My bet’s on Venom. When you hear hooves on the ground, don’t think zebras.

Probably is BUT it could be (as these fit the bill also) :

1. Masters of the Universe
    2. JP Anniversary Edition

#6871 9 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

they seem to be making wayyyy too many Godzillas. A year or so ago they went quick on the used market now they are sitting and hard to resell.

They will be in stock all the time fairly soon IMO. Everyone and their dog has one now.

The good news is, most people keep them long term so I don't think prices are going down in any big way.

#6881 9 months ago
    Quoted from AJC3030:

Bond does suck.

I don't own it but I'm looking for a used premium. It's a fun game, code it there now and getting better fast.

2 months later
    #7419 7 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Lesson learned....NEVER put down a deposit for a game. Be patient and wait it out as most come available eventually. GZ Premiums are really easy to come by these days and I doubt that will change over the next couple years. I learned my lesson several times (unfortunately) with putting deposits down for CGC games....NEVER again

Over the past 2-3 years supply was so tight / demand so strong - deposits and waiting were the norm.

I don't think we will see a market like that for a long time if ever again.

Very thankful I didn't put a deposit down on Pulp Fiction. Could be a year plus by the time people get them.

#7442 6 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

30%? Not going to happen. Lots of history before the crazy period to show how 'current gen' games do well at holding in a relative band of pricing below NIB prices.
    Used prices lower than NIB? of course... as long as there are new people in the hobby who aren't confident in their skills people will always be willing to pay a premium for NIB vs used.
    The whole 'my 3 month old game has appreciated over NIB' was a temporary anomaly and everyone of sound mind knows that would not continue once the production scarcity issue was resolved. That doesn't mean all prices are crashing - it means we will be moving back towards normal.
    People who can afford it will prefer NIB over used
    People who want the latest title will pay Stern NIB prices
    Used prices will be lower than NIB unless a title was somehow under produced or somehow significantly enhanced post-production
    Modern HUO used titles will not radically drop in value radically as long as the hobby keeps expanding and the market is dominated by Home buyers

Agreed

Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a "free" spot for my PFLE due to the fact that CGC hasn't delivered on my CCRLE. Once they deliver on the CCR I'll have to fork over the deposit if I want the spot, which isn't gonna happen. The only way I could change my mind is if PM got someone else to make the game. Waiting 2+ years for a CGC game isn't worth the wait especially in this market. Were on the verge of games dropping 10-30% off MSRP as soon as u open the box

I admit the fomo this winter was hitting me hard. I was so mad when I didn't get a PF LE spot. I don't care anymore. I might pick up a used PF SE at a discount one day, but the topper wasn't going to change my life.

1 month later
    #7590 5 months ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

Interesting that there's not another Godzilla premium run on the calendar in 2024. Maybe a 70th anniversary LE is really in the works.

Very good possibility

Quoted from Nicholastree:

I wouldn't read too much into it. They didn't have Bond on the schedule just two months ago and there it is for December. This schedule is only a snapshot of what we know or can speculate right now.

I have heard Bond sales have picked up nicely with the code coming together finally.

4 months later
    #8086 29 days ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I'm personally picking up my Jaws Pro Wednesday
    Excited! Played it on location a ton and I can't wait to finally hear it in my home.

Nice. If you are primarily a player the pro shoots great!

2 weeks later
    #8126 12 days ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Shocking? What is shocking? That people don’t want to pay $500 more for a used game 200 miles away that someone glued a bunch of tacky “mods” to it when they could have a NIB shipped to their house for less?
    Used stuff should cost less. What was shocking was when the market supported people putting 100 games on something and selling it for 10-15%. more than they paid.

Ya for sure - it was straight up lack of supply and strong demand. There are no new pin shortages anymore, FOMO is all gone. Only pins that still command solid money are popular games that will absolutely not be re-made and have limited numbers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.