Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,168 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shanksfornothin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#828 2 years ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

So I thought I was a March slot for a Godzilla premium. I reached out to my distributor today and he said looks like another 6-8 weeks. I ordered in early November. Not sure if that means Godzilla was pushed back or if I am not March. Sucks either way.

That’s interesting, I ordered early December. I was originally told august possibly/doubtfully March but that was before the extra production runs. I’m hoping for the may run now fingers crossed. I’m interested to see what other dist. Have told other Godzilla buyers because mine has been silent. (This is my first NIB purchase)

#835 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Chiming in on the Godzilla premium expected delivery. I ordered mine through my distributor last December. At the time I was told I would get one in the August timeframe. With that announcement from Stern that they were focusing on the backorders and releasing one less new game this year, I optimistically hoped this meant maybe I'd get my GZ premium sooner than August. Well, I just heard from my distributor yesterday that they now expect that my game won't come until sometime in 2023! It would seem that the parts shortage/back order is even worse that thought.
    All of that said, I did take delivery on a NIB Deadpool premium just last week. So they are getting some stuff out the door.

That’s scary to here… considering I was told the same about receiving in august I really was hoping since they skipped on a new game I’d be getting it sooner not later. It doesn’t make sense to me but I know nothing about manufacturing and even less about sterns process. I’m just excited and want my game lol. I even bought an old original TOHO movie poster to put up next to it

#903 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Idiotic rant coming, sorry in advance.
    sigh, it's really disappointing how the pinball market has devolved over the last few years. I remember the golden era from a couple years ago where you could get a pro for five hundred or more less than MSRP and then have the luxury of waiting a while and actually getting a used machine cheaper than buying new (imagine that). Frankly, it's the used market that's most depressing (though a direct result of the supply shortage of NIB). Stern and the distributors should make as much money as they can, it's how they put food on the table, but people now think they should make a profit for having to have a pinball machine in their house for six months. This is really creating a complete shit show as now the flippers are part of this lottery process that getting a new pin has become.
    I usually hate the term first world problems, but this is probably the most extreme example of this. Still, I live in the damn first world and I want to have commercial grade pinball in my basement, dammit! This whole process is starting to make me feel dumb to be in the hobby though.
    /endrant
    I sure hope I get in on the EHOH run in December though (deposit down)!

I get the frustration, Godzilla is my first NIB and I’m newish to the hobby. I’m tired of waiting for this thing to come in but at the same time I don’t want to buy anything else in the short term because for all I know it’ll turn into JJP pirates or medieval madness and they’ll cost 20k+ on the used market. I can barely afford it now as is lol. So here I sit ever so impatiently waiting for a mystery date of when my machine gets here. I’ve asked my distro for updates and I get politician answers every time LOL lots of words, lots of promise and positivity but nothing actually gets said concrete. I feel like getting a straight answer is like nailing jelly to the wall for everyone it sounds like not just me.

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Agreed. I'm surprised there isn't more activity here, but I suppose everyone is in the dark so only so much that can be said. I'm out of patience waiting for my day 1 Godzilla Premium preorder. I keep checking back here for any shred of possible good news. lol

Same dude…I think at this point we could make a support group for Godzilla premium Pre-orders just looking for a shred of hope anywhere, and to echo many others yes stern please give us and the distro SOME news, any news, some vague words would probably be enough for some. I try to remember those poor Deadpool owners waiting over a year to feel better. Then my brain turns it around and I fear I’m next To share their fate LOL #firstworldproblems

#939 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Does anyone actually want Mando? Or is it a build it before the license ends thing happening?

My guess is that, and they’re banking on it getting more attraction when the topper comes out soon that is supposed to be better than black knight, code name “black knight killer” per TPN. Im sure the Star Wars License is a pain to have/work around. We all know the firm grip Disney holds on its assets

#1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hightechaddict:

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a Deadpool Pro before Godzilla was even announced and there are (supposedly) going to be 2 more runs of Godzilla before the next run of Deadpool happens, and another Godzilla run the same month as the Deadpools.
    Plus, I took the price hit for Stern connected, the January 2022 price increase and looks like another rumored price hike in April.
    Not to mention my deposit money making money for my distributor sitting in his bank account instead of mine. Also, not a single communication aside from this thread as to what is going on.
    All in all, not a fantastic first NIB experience.

Wow I am so sorry that’s rough

#1075 2 years ago

This thread can feel a bit gloomy at times with very little info out on what’s next, and wondering where we all are in line ect.
    With that in mind I hope we will all remember to post on this thread. What game did you order, and when you pre-ordered it. Just for some good news to be on the thread and maybe give others in similar situations with said game a little hope.

#1081 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

You and I both know it will be...[quoted image]

If kieth Elwin drops a masterpiece of back to the future with some cool mechs and has call out by the doc himself I will sell every pin I own and cancel every order I have to get it LOL

#1118 2 years ago
    Quoted from jid:

Same. Hopefully they really will get made this week and we can start hemorrhaging cash again. My favorite part of the hobby!

I’ve got a premium I’m waiting on I was originally told august, possibly March. That was before the extra runs in may,July were added, so I’m hopeful for it coming in may, just in time for my birthday

#1146 2 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyo r hear if guardians pro will be run again?

No runs scheduled at this time I’m very confident that one is done

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Word is my Mando Premium rolled out Stern’s doors today

Love to hear the good news! Enjoy it!

#1168 2 years ago

So I was told back in December I would get my GZ premium in august, but that was before they added the may/July run. When asked if that moves up my arrival date (makes sense to me) my distro still firmly tells me I’ll get it in august. Am I missing something here ? Maybe they cut his allotment down?

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

51/17 = 3 *exactly*
    Coincidentally (not) this is also the average number of pre-orders the typical pinside GZ customer places for this game at different distributors hence it will work out just fine.

LOL true, I hope for everyone (including stern) that as the machines come in that all the duplicate orders cancel and everyone moves up in line. MAYBE….when all the duplicate orders get weeded out we find that they aren’t quite as far behind on GZ as we all thought. Just my theory and a lot of wishful thinking

1 week later
    #1369 2 years ago

Sorry slightly off topic but does anyone have experience with Joystix games in Houston, TX ?

#1427 2 years ago

For a first time buyer waiting on a NIB what is the process. You get the email from the distributor, that your game is on the way? Maybe a tracking number? How long is it (typically) from the email of hey your game is coming to the game being in your home ?

#1435 2 years ago

I think the free shipping should always be an option coming straight from stern. I’m paying $350 for shipping coming from my distributor that is local which is wild to me BUT to his credit He has his own moving crew of professionals that take it up stairs for me and unbox it and assist in setting up/installing accessories. Some of you may hate that but as a first time buyer it gives me some peace of mind I won’t do anything stupid on my first game like drop the back box LOL

#1437 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

White glove is a totally different animal and what you’re describing is worth the cost. Paying 300-400 to have it dropped at your curb…eh

Oh yea no way I’d pay that money to have it dropped at the front door. That’s insane when free shipping options are out there.

#1444 2 years ago
    Quoted from schwts:

I Preorder a premium from them on 9-19-21. I've heard nothing.

Wow that’s really eye opening….I ordered my GZ premium 12/1 with my dist. And was told probably may run/ poss. July. So I’ll count myself very lucky. I get the different distributor thing but it still seems wrong for me to order 3 months after you and possibly receive our order in the same run. Especially considering the huge amount of orders for GZ premium

#1456 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to keep this information to myself…but this guy deserves the recognition and business
    Rob at MAD Pinball (Stern authorized) is a fantastic distributor. Games only appear on his website for preorder/sale if they’re in stock, or if he’s been guaranteed to receive the allocation in the time frame listed. No lists, no overselling runs with empty promises, no BS. First class communication and response rate as well.
    Ordered a GZ Premium at the end of January, with a guarantee that it was part of the March allocation..and it’s on the truck as we speak. Seems it’s not always some great mystery how many games distributors are getting. MSRP w/ free shipping

That’s awesome, enjoy that GZ

#1472 2 years ago

I really want to know how many duplicate orders are out there and how that will effect the backlog/ wait time for the rest of us? How many people pre-order form multiple distributors but are just trying to see who gets the game faster and cancel the rest? If that number is high then it could be good news for a lot of us. I wish there was a system to stop that from happening. Falsely inflating all the numbers is a problem

#1492 2 years ago

Also it’s really frustrating

Quoted from Cobray:

This is ridiculous, actually. Is Stern punishing them or what? Now new dealers are taking inventory from the dealers that kept Stern afloat through the years? Kind of like a new Chevy dealer that hasn't been in the game getting new C8 Corvettes before long-established dealers.

Omg dude for real I’m actually in the market for a C8 and I swear the market for that car is twice as crazy as the pinball market lol

#1493 2 years ago

I love playing GZ so much but a back to the future or jaws done right by Keith Elwin would immediately mean my GZ is for sale and I’m on everyone’s list for an LE

#1544 2 years ago

Maybe a dumb question (which is why I don’t want to ask my dist.) but I hear you guys talk about bank transfers for payment. They do take credit cards right? I’m sure some people do it differently but I just assumed all this time that was an option for me…. My anxiety is getting the best of me lol

#1547 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

This is my first NiB order. My deposit $1,000 was able to be paid with my credit card. The final invoice required a bank transfer. I was kind of upset because I had a credit card offer lines up for 0% interest, the credit card points, and the security if anything goes wrong. CT was bank transfer. I am sure some other places will allow it for a fee but I can only speak form my experience.

Thanks for the info

#1555 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz: Lots of pin flippers to fight with and you're going to get placed behind each of the big distributors real VIP's. How the hell is anyone actually going to try and get a game with the desperate onslaught of everyone here trying just to get a (new release) game? You know, a new release game without a year wait???
    Hell, I personally know of one person in the hobby who automatically gets an LE from a dealer and he/she ALWAYS puts it up for sale at a profit within 3-9 months (with very rare exception, and it's always NIB still). Not saying it's right or wrong, but if it's a title you REALLY want, too bad for you.. going to have to buy from the flipper.
    That's my $.02. Love you guys and the hobby. Sucks that it's gotten to this...

The flippers to me are the most frustrating part of this. I can understand people making multiple orders to get a game to see who gets it’s first. That’s fine… at least they cancel the orders elsewhere when they get it. But the flippers….that’s just wrong I wish there was a way for it to stop and like you said they’re entrenched where they buy them. New machine? Guarantee purchase of possible multiple machines. As a distro they’d be crazy not to take their business but it’s wrong and I’m sure I’m a way it’s helping sterns argument to drive the price up as well. They have eyes, they get on pinside… they see those LE’s sell for 15-20k that new premium going for 12-15k. It wouldn’t be hard to look at that from sterns perspective and go hmmm seems like plenty of people are still willing to purchase at that price why are we shorting ourselves profits ?

#1588 2 years ago

If the new stern is supposed to go on the line last 1/2 of august when would we have news of release? I’d love for everyone to jump the GZ train for something else and move me up in line LOL

#1604 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

It's just a matter of time until some television network creates a reality series titled something stupid like "Flipping Out" that focuses on people buying coveted pins and flipping them for an insane profit. Trust me....it is coming.

When queens gambit was popular on Netflix they reported chess boards saw an increase in sales of over 1000% in a single day after release.

#1734 2 years ago

Ok so can someone make sense of something I heard on the TPN podcast? Zach said people were asking since they added more runs of Godzilla pro/premium if that moved up their time of delivery. To which he says absolutely not. I’m honestly so confused by this….and maybe there is a simple answer im missing. I was told to expect my GZ in august, back in December. How are they going to add 2 extra runs and my expected delivery day not move up ? Maybe im just sad because all my accessories/mods are here now and no game to put them on lol

#1738 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

My guess is it’s the same amount of games broken up into smaller runs due to parts availability.
    Alternatively, the distributors oversold preorders to the point that adding 2 additional runs doesn’t matter

Considering what we’ve heard of the last run in March having to stop short because there wasn’t enough parts that makes a lot of sense.

#1753 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Received my avengers today. Stern has the outlines closed to closest position. That’s a first I think. Looks in good condition so far.
    [quoted image]

Congrats on that! It looks beautiful! Always good to see people actually getting their pins on this thread!

#1772 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Arrived yesterday. Was a long wait, but excited to get some games in.
    [quoted image]

When did you order?
    So hyped for you!

#1791 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

So you're saying you're overdue for game damage on your next NIB then?

Is it common to have damage when receiving a game? This will be my first NIB should I be nervous of it showing up in pieces ?! How often does that happen?

#1835 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'd also think that if they planned on vaulting a game originally made with a DMD, it would require being moved to the Spike 2 system with an LCD screen (reprogramming of all the visual assets) and Insider Connected. I'd like to see several DMD era games vaulted, and even early Spike games with DMDs like KISS, but I'm thinking they're never going to release another game with a DMD. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not to derail the thread but a vault of a DMD game with new assets and a LCD screen on a game like lord of the rings or kiss would be super cool and would definitely take my money lol

#1852 2 years ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Oh boy - y'all getting your "launch day" RUSH pros are restoring my hope for my "launch day" premium....

The last few runs on the Line when they change to a new game they run the pro week 1 then premium week 2 so it’s possible! Hope the best for you!

I ordered my GZ from a less popular dist. In early December. I was told august when I ordered possibly/doubtfully March…I’m hopeful for may with the extra 2 runs added in.

#1856 2 years ago
    Quoted from psnouvion:

Getting an AIQ PRO today. Ordered a premium at the end of October last year though ... Good luck to everyone who is still waiting

I heard some dist have spots available for a premium in this run happening this week if you still want that premium Zach at flipnout said he had a couples spots available. You’ve waited this long give it another week and get that premium!

#1892 2 years ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Is Rush going to be a desired game once the new Stern Launch comes in August?

I don’t think it’s going to sell all that well in comparison to its competitors right now. They are just not getting the scoop problems fixed for I think the 4 or 5th time…now they’re finding other things wrong with the game like board issues, Ramps falling apart ect. After only a few hundred plays. I have several on location around me and they have been destroyed in under 2 months… meanwhile the GZ that gets played a lot more still looks new, just sayin…

I think rush is going to disappear when a new cornerstone releases.

#1936 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

*everyone gets in the same line*
    "why is this line so long?"
    I don't get it.

I ordered from a smaller dist in December and I was told august so not all the small ones get the machines sooner

#1949 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

With the delays they had with the end of the last Godzilla run it really makes me wonder if the May one, and possibly the July one are going to be impacted. Not sure where they source their parts from but with the lockdowns happening in China it seems like more delays could be coming.

I know I’m nervous about that, I was told august before they added the extra runs. Initially I was hoping I’d get my machine sooner but after hearing about the struggles in the March run I’m not holding my breath

#2005 1 year ago

I hope they don’t have the same supply issue on the may GZ premium run they had back in March, I know that run got cut a little short due to a couple pieces being missing.

#2020 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

My understanding is that it is one single line. They start and ship games in the two week period and then onto the next. If a month has DP its Pro & Premium in those two weeks then next title.
    This is my understanding of the line

That’s my understanding as well, I think the 2nd line is a “lesser” and it is where games get finished from the last run that may have been cut short do to part shortages, or repairs of things damaged from shipping ect. They had to finish a handful of machines that ran out for GZ back in the March run, and we’ve heard a couple people receive those machines after the fact a little later than expected

#2037 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

The problem was they found warped playfields. So they stopped production until new playfields arrived.

Ohhhhh I thought they were short some parts! Yikes I hope they got that settled

#2055 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

If there were a little more transparency in the waitlist process I’d agree with you….but when you hear about day 1 orders having no concrete delivery date, and others who ordered 2 months ago getting their games, it’s hard to fault people who want to hedge their bets a little

I don’t like it either but you got a point. It’s a pretty flawed system

#2081 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Not bad considering it was 65 million years in the making.

LOL good one

#2093 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

A lot of this kind of stuff is going on. I know a guy who said he is getting 4 Medieval Madness. All from 1 distributor.

I get it from a dist. Perspective, but That’s so frustrating as an average customer just wanting 1 game and even more frustrating if it’s a scalper

#2097 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought there were two distributors in Canada? Only one?
    When is Stern’s next cornerstone scheduled to be released? August?

yes august

#2101 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

just got notified GZ pro is ready for pickup - originally supposed to be in the March run

Whhhhhaaaaattt??? Are they already working on GZ ahead of schedule ?!
    Fingers crossed this is the run I get my premium

#2110 1 year ago

I have a hard time believing that’s the last run of the year for GZ. I didn’t think they’d released all the runs for the rest of the year yet? And even still that is always subject to change. I do wonder how much steam GZ will lose on orders though when the next pin comes out in august. I guess rush came out after it and that didn’t slow it down much either

#2113 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

When do you estimate the May run of Godzilla will start shipping?

Going by the last update they run everything for 2 weeks at a time and Deadpool is on the line now, so they’ll start GZ the 3rd week of may so sometime after that depending on when they make your particular game

#2137 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Paid an invoice for Godzilla Premium today!

Congrats! Fingers crossed I get that call this run myself

#2156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Agreed. Maybe Fry and Bender can play it by then….

That’s funny but it just made me think how fun a futurama pinball would be lol

#2166 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

Oooffa Happy to wait so they can stay safe and take the time to clean up.
    Surprised to see a bunch of Rush on the line.

Yea I thought it was Deadpool and GZ this month??

#2174 1 year ago

I know nothing about manufacturing but it only seems like a very light amount of water on a concrete floor. Unless they’re putting playfield directly on the floor to put it together I think it will be ok. If someone wants to educate me on why this is a big deal feel free… they did say in the post it wasn’t slowing them down. I hope that’s true

#2181 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

And this is why there are so many variations in playfield quality.

Is that why not all pinballs games play the same? Like the same game plays differently is what I mean

#2215 1 year ago

Getting back on track with the thread…. Does anyone know whats on the line right now? I thought this would be Deadpool 2nd week and Godzilla would start next week…. But I’m hearing Godzilla premium’s are going out to people based on recent posts here.

#2226 1 year ago

Next week was supposed to be Godzilla

#2229 1 year ago

That is so sad I know so many people have waited so long for this Deadpool run

#2233 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Seriously? What did they do, run out of cheap disco mirror balls? I've been waiting since June 3rd of last year. This attempted purchase is impossible.

I mean they had to have built some because people on this thread has said they got the notification it was shipping. Maybe they didn’t/aren’t making many but definitely some.

#2274 1 year ago

I just got the update from my distributor that I’m 2nd in line for GZ premium. He is only getting 1 machine from the may run and 3 from July is what he’s told at this time. The guy in front of me is still waiting for his house to be built to have the room for his game so I he might pass so I get my game later this month. (On my way to go Sabotage some house in construction) LOL

#2284 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the status of GZ Premiums for May?

From what I’m being told they’re shipping out next week

#2305 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Anyone getting any info on Godzilla's? They should be on the line this week right?

Typically they do the pros first and then the premiums from what I’ve learned on this thread. My dist. Told me He’d have a premium come in this month but didn’t give me a date

#2327 1 year ago

I was told I’d have my GZ premium this month very recently so I’m going under the assumption that some at least are getting pushed out this month. I’m also very interested in the toppers that they are so far behind on. It’s been over a year now for mando and with more games coming out in august they’re getting waaayyy behind on those

#2337 1 year ago
    Quoted from RightFlipper:

I just got a final payment invoice for Godzilla Premium from my distributor. My first NIB machine. Super excited! To answer the usual questions in no particular order.... Hemispheres Amusements. I ordered in early November. I understand my machine is from their May allotment from Stern. Great experience with Mark and Kurt at Hemispheres. Good luck to everyone waiting -- looks like some GZ machines are on the way this month!

Congrats!! And congrats on your first NIB!! Enjoy it! I’m in a similar boat Should be getting the call any day for my GZ and it’s my first pin ever. Love seeing all these updates of people finally getting their machines!

#2381 1 year ago

I feel bad for all these day 1 orders for GZ that haven’t gotten their games yet I find that so wrong considering all the other people including myself that ordered much later that are getting their machines this month. System just seems really flawed

#2396 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

But what about Godzilla???

Premiums are being made next week per my distributor

#2425 1 year ago
    Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Got super lucky- I snagged a Deadpool pro for $7200 ($6800 + NYS TAX) from I.C.E In buffalo. They’re about 15 minutes away, and I’ll be snagging it weds!
    Just waiting for my Godzilla Pro (May run), hopefully those hit the lines soon.
    Excited to be adding two killer games to the collection- my first two sterns!

Congrats on both! I’m surprised you haven’t heard about your GZ pro though I thought those were getting made last week? I was told my GZ premium would be getting made this week? I know sometimes the shipping is delayed though. That’s probably all it is

#2429 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Bueller? Bueller?
    Seriously, have no idea, just patiently waiting for it. Supposedly JJP was announcing their next title today also according to the rumor mill.

Maybe they have info on the episode about the new title and they have to wait for the official announcement from JJP to release the episode ? Just a theory

#2434 1 year ago

Haven’t heard anyone posting about getting their GZ I wonder if it got skipped?

#2479 1 year ago

Anyone else confused by the production update on the pinball show podcast yesterday? Zach said DP premiums last week, JP premiums this week, but also GZ pro and premiums and mando premiums…then the regular scheduled stuff in June/July? Sooooo are they supposed to run 4 different games this week?? I’m confused. Maybe I’m hearing it wrong…

#2490 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I took it this way, DP finishing up the 13th into the week of the 16th and starting JP that week ending the 20th, then finishing up those this week and starting Godzilla and maybe start running mando middle of next week for June. That seems to be what’s going on based on people getting invoices. Although I haven’t seen anyone get Godzilla Pro or Prem notices this week yet maybe they will start rolling out today.

That makes much more sense thank you. I hope the GZ start rolling in I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s finally my turn.
    All the JP and DP stories of not making the cut are so sad! I can’t believe they aren’t having another run of either the rest of the year. I also can’t believe there is no news on toppers for any of the newer pins. I figured the profit margins on those were so high they would be overjoyed to make tons of those and get them out the door before more new pins come out and the market for the topper as some-what passed.

#2521 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

JP premium invoiced today, order date of 3/9/22.
    GZ premium delivered 4/14, ordered 1/29
    Spend an hour or two calling around the Stern official distro list (focus on the smaller guys), subscribe to their email lists…worth your time

That’s wild!! I’m new to the hobby, waiting on my first pin. Good to know for next time!

#2530 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Just unboxed yesterday. Dead pool premium..
    Looking for....
    Newer build alien without issues
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle
    low play 1 owner woz newer light boards
    Or cash on the glass.[quoted image]

That was such a rude thing to put in this thread. If you want to put it on marketplace, cool do that. But to put it here where a lot of people didn’t make the cut for this last run with no ETA on another run. That’s just salt in a wound and as stated by others already….part of the problem. Like I said go to marketplace with this… do you. Make your money or trade or whatever but don’t do it here….not cool

#2549 1 year ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Getting a Deadpool Premium tomorrow. If anyone is interested, it is not for sale.

That cracked me up, good one.

#2550 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If anyone is waiting endlessly on a DP pro I’ll let mine go in Rhode Island for a reasonable price. It’s been on location from 4pm-9pm for the past six months. It’s in nice shape cleaned once weekly and waxed once a month. I’m the second owner. We have too many superhero pins in here. I’m also open to trades. Pm me.

I’m not here to start a fight, but I thought your post was helpful and in good spirit for the community of this thread and even though I’m not interested in a DP I appreciate you sir!

#2576 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

man this is disheartening, I thought way more GZ premiums would be rolling out.

Sounds like the pro’s are on the line right now and the may run of premiums are next….not sure if that’s the last 1/2 of this week or next week, the JP premium run being thrown in messed up the schedule a little I think. I’m right there with you I’m right at the cutoff line with my dist for the may run so I’m keeping my fingers crossed

#2578 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

>>man this is disheartening, I thought way more GZ premiums would be rolling out.
    It's the game with the biggest waiting list everywhere for sure. I don't know exactly how they choose what to produce when they can sell any machine they make. I assume they target a close enough profit margin that that's not an issue. Parts shortages are a thing, so many times it might be "What do we have parts to make". A game that takes an extra node board or more of some hard to get led board or something may get bumped by something that they can make more of.
    Fingers crossed GZ prem gets another run later in the year though (after july)

I bet they wait to see how many orders change from GZ to the new title, whatever it may be. Then add in more GZ runs if orders hold true. That’s what they did after rush released. Originally GZ was going to be March and august runs, but after rush announced and they didnt have orders change over they added the may/July runs so I think after the new game announcement They’ll re-evaluate. I bet they add in an October and December run

#2595 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

Just got the call today from my local distro that my GZ Prem is going to be ready for pick up next Friday
    I put down a deposit in Feb '22
    ...So there is hope for all you that have a deposit down on a GZ Prem, good luck everyone!

Wahoo!!! GZ premiums let’s gooooo

#2619 1 year ago
    Quoted from iEatHands:

Has anyone heard whether there will be another run of JP Prem in July from their Distributor?

Zach said on the last pinball podcast that run they just finished was supposed to replace July. They MIGHT make a few more in July but they likely made all the machines allocated for the July run

#2623 1 year ago

I get that shipping is a thing and distance matters…. but why do some people get their game the same week they in production. Then others getting it 2-3 weeks after production ?

#2625 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Seems that some people have had their games drop shipped directly from Stern. Which sounds nice but I assume has cost implications (?) But seems way quicker.
    My guy has them shipped to his store and then delivers them. I wasn’t given the option when I placed my order and this is my first NIB so I asked a million questions.
    So I assume it’s up to the dealer/distributor who you’re dealing with. Just my guess

Ohhh ok that makes sense I know my distributor does the same. Thanks

#2665 1 year ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I put down a deposit on a Godzilla last week and I'm furious that it hasn't arrived yet. WTF, Stern?

This is a joke right?

#2670 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

There seem to be quite a few Godzilla Premiums on the market right now, still 1.5 - 2k over MSRP but that is a lot of capital tied up in machines that are on the line. Here's hoping this is a break point.

There’s still so many people that have still not got day 1 orders on GZ premium. I hope you’re right and I hope any day 1 orders are finally fulfilled with this run, but honestly the demand is so much higher than any other game and there are soooo many orders out on this game. I mean they’re still getting new orders in all the time and telling people 2023 or 2024 possibly and it’s not detecting new orders… the other games my slow down and get caught up on but I think that GZ premium is going to stay high for quite some time.

#2693 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I think you mean you'll let it not slide (cause it's stuck...)

Lol good one

#2696 1 year ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Be patient for your Godzillas! Just reached out to Automated for my monthly update. He said I should hear from him in a few weeks. I was a November order and was originally his March allotment. They must have Godzilla on the line for a few weeks based upon his comment. Fingers crossed.

GZ premiums for a few weeks?!?

#2710 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Thanks Coach!!
    Yup, 2 skeeballs. One is a Dunk N Alien, that might be what you think is a claw machine… I do have a claw machine down there but it’s not in the pic
    The posters are all legit first print posters from bitd. The frames open up like
    Movie frames and I swap them out occasionally. Except the MST3k poster, that was from their Kickstarter and is signed by the whole cast.

That’s awesome. Game room goals for sure

#2717 1 year ago

Ok I’m really frustrated, I talk to my distributor because he had said I might get my GZ premium. So I call today just to see if he had any updates, I’ve called him maybe twice in the last 8 months. He acts like he doesn’t know when the game is being made, doesn’t know when he gets games in or how many. All of those things I know he knows. If I’m not getting my game this run just say so. That’s fine I don’t care I’ll get it next run but don’t give me this run around of it could be any day it could be 2 months let’s just see what I get when I get it. Like I said I don’t care that I’m having to wait, and I really try to not pester him. This is the last game I buy from this dist.

#2730 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Let's not diss all the distributors. You can go back through this thread and find many reputable distributors who are great. But this thread is about what's on the line. I'm keeping the end of May line up. We should get an update in the next couple weeks, but for now this is what's on the line.
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Someone said a while back on the thread that their dist. Said GZ premium would be ok the line for a few weeks can anyone confirm/deny this?

#2775 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

P.S. Stern, let's just run Godzilla Premium for the next two months straight please hahaha

For real though! Let’s get a whole month of GZ premium

#2805 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got the following 2 emails from distributors within 15 minutes of each other. I think Stern must have just had a call with distributors. Late summer release dates for Led Zep and Guardians below.[quoted image]

Why would they waste time on this?!? There are so many games people would love ran one more time and these are the 2 you chose??? Let’s take those 2-4 weeks out of the schedule entirely and just run a game they can’t make enough of GZ premium instead…just saying

#2823 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean, you're right, but it's thousands of different parts... so it probably takes a while. Plus all the jigs like the one to make wiring harnesses, maybe different testing equipment for each game, etc.
    Here's a video if your interested that shows most of the line:

LOL at all the boxes stacked up behind him in the picture, I hope those are empty props and not just games laying around to be shipped

#2886 1 year ago

I do wonder with the most recent GZ premium being cut short yet again, and JP premiums being done early if they’re gearing up for a big batch of premiums to go Out during the July run. Since that would also be the last run before the new release and some (not all I’m sure) jump ship to the new title release. A last big push on the large backlog before the new shiny thing comes out. I would be very impressed with GZ if another 2 new games and I assume a new release of JJP came out and GZ backlog still held firm because of its wild demand

#2905 1 year ago

Getting back on topic….does anyone have updates? Pins coming in? Mando’s are on the line right? I saw on flipnout fb page they got a shipment of Deadpool toppers…seems they’re making some toppers now which is new I can’t remember the last time I heard of them actually shipping out toppers. I hope that’s a sign they’re finally preparing to make some of the backlogged games that are topper less atm

#2910 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

People are getting tired of waiting canceled 3 orders today. Should start helping the backlog

The toy story release have anything to do with that? Or is it just genuine frustration with Waiting ?

#2936 1 year ago

Since they already did the JP premium run for July early back in may that leaves an extra week in July unaccounted for. I hope they take that extra time to run GZ premium for 2 weeks straight. Hopefully July is a good month for GZ premium owners… myself included.

#2970 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

who doesn't matter - canx 1 jp pro and 2 GZ premiums

GZ premiums? That’s surprising.

#2987 1 year ago

With the big jump in price of a JJP on toy story I imagine the next stern will jump up in price too. I bet a pro will be 8k premium 10k and LE could go to 12-13k

All the more reason I’m praying I get my GZ premium in July before the new release

#3005 1 year ago

Finger crossed for all my GZ premium gang out there waiting for your pin we get a big haul in July before the price increase (I assume)

#3006 1 year ago

But on the price increase I think it would be HUGE if stern stuck to the same price while JJP made their price increase. I think it would really ostracize JJP and be a lot of good will for stern. I’ll take 2 pro’s over any 1 JJP any day but to be fair I don’t like the feel of JJP anyway

#3012 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I put down a $1k deposit on a GZ Premium a day after the reveal. Mine hasn't shipped yet.

That’s wild! It sounds like there is still a lot of day 1 orders out there. I’d really be interested to see the numbers on how many day 1 orders their was on this game vs others. Zach on the pinball podcast keeps saying all his other orders combined don’t equal the number of GZ premiums. I hope one day they release those actual numbers of how many were ordered/sold by when. It must be an unprecedented number, I wonder if it will be the greatest selling game of all time?

#3047 1 year ago

So if they’re on rush premiums last week, would they be doing the pro’s this week? They normally do pro’s first though….
    Next is either GZ pro/premium or JP pro.
    Fingers crossed for my GZ premium to finally show up in July

#3052 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

Does anyone know if Godzilla is still on track for July?

Yes, last update from the pinball podcast and Zach meny said it was still slated for a July run and my distro also has told me of the July run

#3055 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

July is the last run identified for the year correct?

So far yes but I don’t think the 3rd quarter details of production have not been released yet, or at least not to the public

#3057 1 year ago

Just got word that my GZ premium IS HERE! Finally! I ordered from Joystix in Houston 12/9/21. My hype is so real right now. Not sure if this was from the may run with late delivery or if this is early July run coming out…I’ll be sure to post the build date when I get it delivered in a few days

#3080 1 year ago

So I guess they did make the premiums first this time around and now they’re making pro’s

#3082 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro->LE->Premium->Pro

I’m just saying After the initial runs subsequent runs of pro/premium games, that they’ve been running the pro first.

#3104 1 year ago

Wait it’s not normal to pay sales tax? LOL just got killed on sales taxes for my GZ premium I just finalized payment on.

#3130 1 year ago

If TS4 taught us anything it was open thy wallet and bend over. I’d be shocked if their wasn’t a price increase in august. The fact is GZ still sells at 12k and LE’s can get up to 17k. AND THEY SELL ALL THE TIME, stern sees that and they want that money for themselves. AND how convenient is it now cry covid and inflation is hard we need to increase our prices. Expect 8k pro’s really soon (guess)

#3180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

I hope not...because if I dont make the cut for my GZ in July, according to the list I will be waiting until 2023... (ordered early Dec. 2021)

They haven’t release 3rd or 4th quarter production schedule to us via the podcast or other means at this time, there very well may be more runs of GZ this year. We’ll just have to wait a little longer for that info. They may be holding off on sharing that info because 1. They don’t have it (doubtful for q3 at least) or 2. They don’t want to give away to many details about the new release in august

#3191 1 year ago

Finally received delivery today for my GZ premium! Just want to thank everyone here this thread has helped me keep my sanity and not email my dist 5 times a week LOL!
    This is my first pin and I couldn’t be more excited!

Ordered from Joystix in Houston early December. Build date was June 17

9F6C3B12-F3D9-4CE2-BEEF-BE412F4A384B (resized).jpeg9F6C3B12-F3D9-4CE2-BEEF-BE412F4A384B (resized).jpeg
    7 months later
    #5040 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Mumble Multiball!

Good one

#5041 1 year ago

Any knowledge on Jurassic park premiums?

#5045 1 year ago

Elvira orders really have got shafted big time.

#5049 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Who cares about FF? Seems like a complete miss. What about Van Halen, Motley Crue or def leopard?
    You wanna go late 90’s early 00’s, how about sublime?

I’m with you, I typically hate band pins, not because I hate the band but because the gameplay just never

Quoted from dboeren:

Same here, I’m hoping they will be revealing it at Texas Pinball coming up.
    For anime, I’m glad I’m not the only one old enough to remember Vampire Hunter but I don’t think enough people do to make it viable. They’d probably have to make it Dragonball Z or something. I’m more of a Patlabor guy myself.

Maybe I’m just an anime nerd but I know so many people that would buy a dragon ball Z pinball machine that don’t even like pinball
    I’d buy 2 LE’s I’d be so happy, I don’t care who the designer is and if it played like crap. That’s a theme that would have me sold no matter what. And I usually care more about gameplay/code/flow than themes. I think that’s a whole new market of younger buyers for stern to tap into and get into the hobby. Naruto has Been going longer and has a bigger fan base probably. I bet if anyone made an anime pin that would be the 1st

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shanksfornothin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=shanksfornothin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.