Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,166 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aaron6920.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#820 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Stranger Things = ST
    I guess that's true too, ST = Star Trek. HA!!
    Oh for a new classic Next Generation Pin and not all this remake/reboot stuff.

I believe

ST is Star Trek
    STH is Stranger Things

#823 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

There needs to be a pinned post somewhere on the forum that lists all the abbreviations for all the games.
    Most of the time I figured them out but there's times I read a post and I have no idea what game the person is talking about

Agree 100% it does have a learning curve

2 weeks later
    #1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

So I was told back in December I would get my GZ premium in august, but that was before they added the may/July run. When asked if that moves up my arrival date (makes sense to me) my distro still firmly tells me I’ll get it in august. Am I missing something here ? Maybe they cut his allotment down?

With the dealers going from being able to order the amount of games they would like to strictly an allocation, the additional runs may have been needed for you to get your game by August. If they ordered 10 and got 3 allocated for example. On one of the last podcasts with Zach Meny he said the additional runs only helped the average dealer about 10% additional supply. So for many probably didn't significantly get you further up in the timeline. Just my 2 cents

1 week later
    #1330 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They'd be better off not running or significantly cutting back the TMNT Pro & Premium run in Dec and expanding the Elvira Premium run instead. There are a lot of unsold TMNT already chilling at distributor warehouses. It did not sell great. It seems like Elvira is oversold.

Seems unlikely can't remember what podcast but it was over a year ago Gary Stern said basically they hate making Elvira and it is difficult to make. Can't imagine they will bump any turtles volume for Elvira. But they certainly don't mind it at the 25K 40th ann. price.........

2 months later
    #2827 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably has to do with blowing through the parts they have for it then retiring it. Definitely hasn't set the sales charts on fire.

GOTG is a great game. Actually if you look at what used Pros have sold for in the last several months you could definitely make the argument a run is in demand. Pros have climbed to upper 7s well above price of a new run, probably a hit after production like some titles.

#2833 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you look at what I quoted, I was talking about LZ.

Oh my bad

I can’t quite defend the demand in that one

1 week later
    #3013 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

What happened in 20 to 21 is Stern canceled all the orders refunded the deposit and your guys have first rights to buy. Get ready for disappointment everyone

Agree 100% that happened to me on the last Elvira run. They raised the price $500 and had option to cancel and get deposit back or pay increase price. The deposit is for the “spot” so I would say don’t count on the old price being locked in. You might be disappointed.

1 week later
    #3085 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Anyone know how long star wars and dp will last for sale?

Not sure on DP but I believe dealers got last call for the August run on SW.

1 month later
    #3515 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

I guess so - let's assume Stern knows what they're doing. Or it might not be exactly that the home editions have high demand, it could be more like Elvira has less demand, given the price, so is a lower priority.

There is lots of demand for Elvira but Gary Stern has said on podcasts in the past that Elvira has a high BOM and is very difficult to make. Because of that it seems like it always gets bumped for faster, easier to produce games with a better margin.

1 month later
    #3962 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Is stern running Guardians Premiums, too? Or just Pros?

Just Pros

2 weeks later
    #4047 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

In general, if the price is changed, that's a material change of your contract and you can get your deposit back if you don't want to pay the new price. Your deposit is only non-refundable if the price of the machine you put the deposit on does not change. IF it changes, you have the right to receive your deposit and walk away if you do not agree to the new price.

Agree, when I had my deposit down for Elvira the last time for over a year they ended up raising it $500 over what it was at preorder. When they did that you had the option to cancel and get your deposit back. Kind of stinks but I would say poster above you have a 0% chance you locked in the price. But in their defense it was $8500 when you locked it in and now regular premiums are going to be $9700 next year. From there Elvira always had a price increase over the premiums so I would guesstimate the Elvira MSRP will be 11K.

4 weeks later
    #4250 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, I already did ask, and that's how I found out no refunds. Then I went looking for such a clause on their website and found it mentioned on their separate "terms" page. Not exactly obvious.
    And the deposit damn well better lock the price! The deposit was put down on the price listed!

Typically it doesn't but with the price increase you should get a chance to get it back. That is what is odd they are not making them again until 2023 and will be the $9700 price so a deposit should get the option to get back. Good luck if they have a Pro might want to snag a pro.

#4286 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Makes sense.
    I would be disappointed however.
    There are funner SAMs to bring back.

I bet is on Avatar also just based on Zach's comments hinting around this would coincide with a movie possibly and LCD refresh. Could be Spider-Man that would sell a ton of copies. Based on the huge number of MET and ACDC made already I am thinking that would possibly be a long shot. Kind of fun to guess and speculate.

#4287 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I think THE most desired remake they could do right now is TRON. I think I'd buy 2, one to open and play, one to put in storage so when I wear the first one out I have a new one to go to..

Only problem is Stern might do the Elvira move and make a desirable title like TRON only 200 copies and huge huge price tag as a cash grab. But totally agree that would be cool.

#4289 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

i can guarantee it wouldnt be that, If a older title is redone, it will be done alone the LCD model, and the engineering that it will take to do that would not be worth it for only 200 made. Elvira was never altered other than the cabinet art basically. no engineering went into reworking the game for a new system

Thx for the insight, cool to hear if they vault something the masses have a shot at it.

#4349 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I don’t listen to podcasts. What’s the chatter?

Zach on the Pinball Podcast said EHOH is on the schedule for Feb to be produced. But then in typical fashion he said later could it get bumped?...... Possibly

1 week later
    #4496 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

How much did that 3d printer cost you? What other stuff did you do with it to sell? Does your fan system have a thermostat on the coil so it knows when to trun on and off the fans that would be worth the $260(if so I digress some of the stuff I say later). My machines are on 12 to 15 hours a day. Only have tournaments every once in a while and Friday and Saturday are the peakest times for lots of plays no complaints. I have 4 JJPs and 4 spike 2s machines and 4 others. Even if I did just the bottom 2 flippers over 2k is not a good investment for me.
    You shouldn't charge more or less for different manufacturers practically the same materials.
    People on here are bad at math and creative skills good for you for taking advantage of them. I made me 1 set for dialed in 3 flippers for under $40 usb plugged in to the service plug with brick. These fans have to cool something that gets hotter than coils get. The only coils that I had to replace on route is the ones that inner winding broke at the lug. Only happened 2x in the last 2 years of my new machines.
    No hard feelings. Cheers

I don't think Pinmonk "takes advantage of" consumers he sell his products. He provides a great product and if you don't see the value I am sure he isn't upset if someone on route doesn't see the advantage. But they make a big difference on some games and others don't heat up that much. There are DIY routes for cheaper but he provides a very professional product that I don't think I am bad at math or creative skills because I have bought from him. He is honest on which games need it and has some great data. Just my 2 cents it is worth it to some of us.

1 month later
    #4895 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Remind me not to ask you about your options on games because your ratings are horrible.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Looks like a game has to be really good to crack above 2

#5043 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

I wonder if Stern is going to be able to meet existing pre-order demand for Elvira.
    Seems like there’s an awful lot of people wanting one.

I think I remember awhile back on Zach Meny's podcast he said it was 30% of his pre-order list getting covered so some dealers have a lot more orders than allocation.

1 month later
    #5578 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I had a distro quote DP Pro/Prem for July. Curious if anyone else has heard that. Something shifted ?

So far every indication is December from what I have seen

1 week later
    #5639 1 year ago

Should be some Foo pros hitting locations soon. That’s exciting

#5653 1 year ago
    Quoted from mronemoretime:

I ordered my GZPrem on 3/4/2022, and it is scheduled to finally be delivered 3/28/2023. 389 days later. I paid in full over 2 months ago, and I've been reminding them periodically. It seems like these are widely available now. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. Plus this is the 5th game I've bought from them. Should I find another distributor? I know this has been a HOT pin, but am I an outlier, or does this seem normal?

For the most part aside from Pulp Fiction LE it looks like we are going back to when the games will just be in stock shortly after reveal no matter the distro. But the bigger ones had much longer lists and smaller distros didn't so they have inventory now. Same thing with Elvira there are larger distros with lists still but some have inventory. Personally if the distributor is a good one I would stick with it and figure GZ was a bit of an odd situation of demand and production challenges.

1 week later
    #5782 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Will do thanks guys! Just quick question, I’m seeing a lot of posts that EHOH is a bear to dial in. Are these issues a relatively easy fix? Or should I run away?!

None of the fixes are difficult but some are time consuming. My Elvira the first plunge it went behind the house, got stuck with a misaligned plastic and had to completely take the house apart to get it. I have had to take the house apart for garage issues a couple times and for this pin magnetic nut drivers are a must have to put it back together. The crypt is a bit tricky to dial in and for me the ball guides needed adjusted to go other than straight down the middle. Not run away problems just nagging issues that need addressed for the pin for work properly. Great game but is a super long player to get through the game. I think several dealers have it you can find one right now.

1 month later
    #6237 11 months ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I thought this wasn’t a thing anymore. If you order from another state, you pay the taxes of the state you’re receiving in?

You have always had to declare it on your taxes but in most states if you purchase out of state it is still not taxed at time of sale if it is shipped.

1 month later
    #6914 9 months ago
    Quoted from DoctorSpeedy:

Wonder how soon I can get a FF premium at this rate.

Many have it in stock right now just have to do some checking around.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aaron6920.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=aaron6920 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.