Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 162.
    #5051 1 year ago

FYI, I just got invoice email for GZ.

#5052 1 year ago

Who’s your distro?

#5053 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ender21x:

Who’s your distro?

Oh! That's like saying Voldemort's name around here.

#5054 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ender21x:

Who’s your distro?

I am quite curious as well!

I think it is some unwritten pinside rule not to ever mention a distributor. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

#5055 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am quite curious as well!
    I think it is some unwritten pinside rule not to ever mention a distributor. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

First rule of Pinside. You don't talk about distributor.

#5056 1 year ago

Weak…..

What’s the second rule of Pinside?

#5057 1 year ago

I think it’s post about how much you want a back to the future pin but I’m new here

#5058 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ender21x:

Weak…..
    What’s the second rule of Pinside?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

#5059 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ender21x:

Who’s your distro?

CT

#5060 1 year ago

Thanks, but you may be looking at a lifetime ban for mentioning the unmentionable.

#5061 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks, but you may be looking at a lifetime ban for mentioning the unmentionable.

No, there will just be two mystery knurled screws and a violently-detached "My Little Pony" horse head loose in the bottom of the cabinet of the next pin he orders. A message will be sent.

#5062 1 year ago

Let it be stricken from the record.
    I feel like PinMonk is trying to hint at a My Little Pony pin in the future… just read creatively…

#5063 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

I think it’s post about how much you want a back to the future pin but I’m new here

Screenshot_20230201_000814_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_000814_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #5064 1 year ago

Somehow I knew it was not possible to go 24 hours without a mention of BTTF. Jesus Christ.

#5065 1 year ago

When did you place your order with them? I placed mine on 1/01/2022

#5066 1 year ago

Still patiently waiting for my Godzilla from CT, ordered 12/20/21...hoping I am in this months batch.

#5067 1 year ago

I was going to say I ordered about 2 months ago just to shake things up on here, but in reality it was somewhere towards end of 2021 I believe.

#5068 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

Still patiently waiting for my Godzilla from CT, ordered 12/20/21...hoping I am in this months batch.

Relax, it's as good as yours!!!

Slap down that buck and call it a day!!

I wish every game could be had for a dollar. SOOOOO much better than the $500-$1000 everyone else wants just to secure a place in line.

Wonder how many spots were bought for a dollar, and where they are on their list. Good to know they are still in 2021 orders.... but where? Oct? Nov?
    Two big GZ runs this year, maybe they'll get to the early 2022 orders before the year is out. Maybe Stern will send them more allocation. Surely Stern asks them how many orders they have and do some adjustment? If Brand-X has 100 GZ orders and CT has 1500 GZ orders then Stern throws them a couple extra each time the merry-go-round spins. Right?

#5069 1 year ago

I placed a GZ order with CT on 1/21/22, and was told in November 2022 that I was about 15 on their current list and should get mine in the February allotment. I ended up cancelling because I found one in the marketplace in December. But if you ordered before the date above you should be good. Possibly? Maybe?

#5070 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Relax, it's as good as yours!!!
    Slap down that buck and call it a day!!
    I wish every game could be had for a dollar. SOOOOO much better than the $500-$1000 everyone else wants just to secure a place in line.
    Wonder how many spots were bought for a dollar, and where they are on their list. Good to know they are still in 2021 orders.... but where? Oct? Nov?
    Two big GZ runs this year, maybe they'll get to the early 2022 orders before the year is out. Maybe Stern will send them more allocation. Surely Stern asks them how many orders they have and do some adjustment? If Brand-X has 100 GZ orders and CT has 1500 GZ orders then Stern throws them a couple extra each time the merry-go-round spins. Right?

There were 2 buyers from CT that said they got theirs when the last run happened last year. They were mid/late November orders. I’m a first week December 2021 order, so pretty hopeful.

#5071 1 year ago

Is GZ Premium on the line this week? next?

I'm expecting to get one out of this batch and trying to hold back from contacting my distributor every day which I"m sure he'd appreciate.

#5072 1 year ago

Will be a ton of new owners in Feb/March I suspect!

#5073 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I ended up cancelling because I found one in the marketplace in December.

And this is what Stern doesn't know regarding demand - how many deposits will be cancelled on finding a machine from another source. Perhaps even for multiple distributors per person.

I think this happened with AIQ last year - everybody thought it was still backlogged compared to its demand, then the distributors turned out to have quite a few available, and anecdotally there were a fair number of posts on here about cancelling a deposit.

Stern has to err on the side of underfilling demand rather than overfilling. Coming up short makes for some unhappy would-be customers but doesn't damage the business and you can get around to them later. Overfilling demand means you blew money on unsold inventory and that can kill a business.

#5074 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

And this is what Stern doesn't know regarding demand - how many deposits will be cancelled on finding a machine from another source. Perhaps even for multiple distributors per person.
    I think this happened with AIQ last year - everybody thought it was still backlogged compared to its demand, then the distributors turned out to have quite a few available, and anecdotally there were a fair number of posts on here about cancelling a deposit.
    Stern has to err on the side of underfilling demand rather than overfilling. Coming up short makes for some unhappy would-be customers but doesn't damage the business and you can get around to them later. Overfilling demand means you blew money on unsold inventory and that can kill a business.

I don't think this makes sense. Stern doesn't sell direct to consumers, they sell to distributors. They want to make as many games as possible because they have dedicated buyers - distributors.

#5075 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

I don't think this makes sense. Stern doesn't sell direct to consumers, they sell to distributors. They want to make as many games as possible because they have dedicated buyers - distributors.

Distributors don't have unlimited money either... in fact most carry very limited unsold inventory. So yes, the point still stands... Stern has to avoid over producing because no the distributor network can not just absorb any amount of games... there is a finite point before the channel gets saturated and now inventory gets devalued and dumped.

#5076 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Distributors don't have unlimited money either... in fact most carry very limited unsold inventory. So yes, the point still stands... Stern has to avoid over producing because no the distributor network can not just absorb any amount of games... there is a finite point before the channel gets saturated and now inventory gets devalued and dumped.

As far as I understand it, in order to be accepted as a distributor, you must buy 'X' amount of games that Stern says

#5077 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

As far as I understand it, in order to be accepted as a distributor, you must buy 'X' amount of games that Stern says

They have to buy titles and stock stuff yes - but it's not just whatever Stern wants and they can't just stuff the distributors with any volume.

The biggest 'force' in recent years has been the bundling/ratio issues like with Beatles where they forced them to buy in packages to force the various editions..

Distributors create forecasts and orders, Stern decides allotments, and Stern releases inventory to the channel. The distros have minimums... but this is not the same thing as having an unlimited buyer base in the distributors. It just means there is a minimum floor Stern can count on to sell... but failures downstream will mean broke distributors and then Stern needs to find new suckers willing to buy into the model. So obviously that is not desirable.

#5078 1 year ago

Sorry! Wrong thread

#5079 1 year ago

Looking forward to factory Friday and confirmation that GZ has been on the line this week. One week down, two to go

I wonder when the next cornerstone begins production in earnest. After the Bond fiasco I'd imagine they'll want a ready supply for the launch and toss them out the door fast.
    With everyone else releasing games over the next month, will they get in front of it all and announce 1st? Or right after JJP puts out their next game later this month and take the wind out of their sales?

Com'on leak of pictures......

#5080 1 year ago

Bond 60 was on the line this week though?

#5081 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I hope so but haven’t had any confirmation

#5082 1 year ago

Oh right, 60th was this week..... hmmmmm.

So if GZ has three weeks on the line, where does EHOH fit in? March? But then we're into the next Cornerstone...... isn't that all of March?

#5083 1 year ago

i wouldn't put too much stock in factory fridays, the last two posted were the same

#5084 1 year ago

i wouldn't put too much stock in factory fridays, the last two posted were the same

This one is showing GZ, but I did not investigate at the clothing level.

#5085 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

This one is showing GZ, but I did not investigate at the clothing level.

Yeah, I'm getting a little Deja Vu from that GZ video.

#5086 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Oh right, 60th was this week..... hmmmmm.
    So if GZ has three weeks on the line, where does EHOH fit in? March? But then we're into the next Cornerstone...... isn't that all of March?

Pretty sure Gomez said they’re capable of running more than one game at a time

#5087 1 year ago
    Quoted from action76:

Yeah, I'm getting a little Deja Vu from that GZ video.

The production quality is kind of high for a throwaway. I’d guess they do one for each title and just rerun it when it’s back on the line…

#5088 1 year ago

Must be letting the parts department run the social media accounts in their spare time.

#5089 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wcbaustert:

Pretty sure Gomez said they’re capable of running more than one game at a time

Technically they can do two games at a time, but when is the last time that happened?

#5090 1 year ago

Their tweet literally talks about Godzilla on the line so even if it is a recycled video what purpose would they have in lying about what’s currently being made?

#5091 1 year ago

On what day do they switchover the line? Monday?

So they built GZ all week, that means 60th wrapped last week?

#5092 1 year ago

Boatload of GZ premiums are about to be unleashed on the world!!

#5093 1 year ago

Where are you finding this posted?

#5094 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

even if it is a recycled video

pretty sure that posting a factory friday video is not a high priority, lol.

#5095 1 year ago

'

#5096 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

pretty sure that posting a factory friday video is not a high priority, lol.

On FB most Fridays. Marketing team weekly function I'm sure.

#5097 1 year ago

Definitely Godzilla on the line. Available next week at some distributors.

#5098 1 year ago

Ehoh cancelled m/delayed for this year I heard Gomez said that. Maybe towards end of the year now.

#5099 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Ehoh cancelled m/delayed for this year I heard Gomez said that. Maybe towards end of the year now.

No.

#5100 1 year ago

Godzilla Premium on the line now.
    Followed by Bond 60th
    Followed by Elvira near the end of the month

ELVIRA IS BEING BUILT…coming up on deck.

Take this from a dealer.

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.