(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,598 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 232.
#3301 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Ok so I booted it this morning and no extreme shaking at startup. First ball fell out of the right rail so my son turned it off to get the ball. Reboot and no shaking again. Wth

Im waiting on the update to drop. See what that cleans up.

#3302 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Im waiting on the update to drop. See what that cleans up.

I’m guessing most of my little issues are code related. I sent the shaking video to spooky so we’ll see what they think that is.

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

JD streamed GTF with the AP crew this evening. It was painful to watch. I bugged out after 35 minutes. I know that everyone’s just getting home from the show this past weekend and whatnot, but man…it just seemed like they set up the machine a few minutes before the stream and didn’t play it to make sure everything was working and set properly. IDK how many times they had to pull the glass, but someone in another thread said they had to do it more than once. That is not the way to convince people to buy a product. Those guys should have brought in their thoroughbred, and it was clear that the machine they brought was definitely not that one. I know Team Spooky won’t do that, but tonight’s Deadflip stream was most definitely a cautionary tale of overconfidence.

Oh jeez, they’ll be getting blasted in the GTF thread…I’ll save a discussion on that for another place but talk about a different experience than here…

Good point though, part of my asking was because I’d almost rather see a Deadflip stream when things were a bit more developed code-wise. Maybe even just one more update if it’s close. At this stage most of us have seen the seven villain modes and the two multiballs. It would be cool to see JD and the Spooky crew tap into some new features.

#3304 1 year ago

I got my invoice and paid for #251 through spooky yesterday. No butter.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I got my invoice and paid for #251 through spooky yesterday. No butter.

Paid in full today. #290 for the spreadsheet

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

First ball fell out of the right rail

There is a fix for this posted, check the Key Post index.

#3307 1 year ago

Going to throw this out there to maybe save some others some headache. We have a really early run of Scooby on location. Anyway, the metal guide that the bookcase flipper slams into every hit has super fragile welds where it screws into the playfield. With that bookcase flipper hitting it over and over, ours broke in two weeks and then that metal guide flapped around and scratched up the playfield.

We added this out of necessity, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing to add before it happened. It’s an L bracket over the top to give extra support to that metal guide. It also is at the exact point the bookcase flipper slams into it, so it will push into that bracket rather than hitting the guide. You’ll just want to put a small piece of adhesive Velcro or felt on the part of the bookcase flipper to help soften the blow.

2433E712-293D-46EB-9A72-6B414710C59A (resized).jpeg2433E712-293D-46EB-9A72-6B414710C59A (resized).jpeg
#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Director:

We added this out of necessity, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing to add before it happened. It’s an L bracket over the top to give extra support to that metal guide. It also is at the exact point the bookcase flipper slams into it, so it will push into that bracket rather than hitting the guide.

I appreciate you putting this out there. I requested a late number SD CE and, perhaps, Spooky will address this before mine hits the assembly line. If not, I am marking this post as a reminder to myself to add that L bracket. This is good to know. Thanks!

#3309 1 year ago

Going to throw this out there to maybe save some others some headache. We have a really early run of Scooby on location. Anyway, the metal guide that the bookcase flipper slams into every hit has super fragile welds where it screws into the playfield. With that bookcase flipper hitting it over and over, ours broke in two weeks and then that metal guide flapped around and scratched up the playfield.
We added this out of necessity, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing to add before it happened. It’s an L bracket over the top to give extra support to that metal guide. It also is at the exact point the bookcase flipper slams into it, so it will push into that bracket rather than hitting the guide. You’ll just want to put a small piece of adhesive Velcro or felt on the part of the bookcase flipper to help soften the blow.
[quoted image]

Well that sucks hope SpookyLuke and team are seeing this as well and can make adjustments.

Appreciate the post and fix for this.

#3310 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Interesting. I'm not seeing that on mine. Bookcase doesn't slam into the ball guide at all, there is a decent gap there.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3311 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Interesting. I'm not seeing that on mine. Bookcase doesn't slam into the ball guide at all, there is a decent gap there.[quoted image]

Ours is #42 I think. So, it's pretty early. We had the early run boards in ours too with just one thermal fuse on the blue bank coils. The later have the added second thermal fuse. So, this could just be an early game issue and the only thing I could have imagined to break those weldmounts would have been that flipper. It broke at all 3 points and that metal was just flapping around.

#3312 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Where is the location?
I live in North Carolina and have been looking for one to play?

#3313 1 year ago

Ours is #42 I think. So, it's pretty early. We had the early run boards in ours too with just one thermal fuse on the blue bank coils. The later have the added second thermal fuse. So, this could just be an early game issue and the only thing I could have imagined to break those weldmounts would have been that flipper. It broke at all 3 points and that metal was just flapping around.

Would be great if other owners can check this and see if anyone else has the issue with that flipper hitting the ball guide.

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Where is the location?
I live in North Carolina and have been looking for one to play?

Abari - They are located in Charlotte

#3315 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Interesting. I'm not seeing that on mine. Bookcase doesn't slam into the ball guide at all, there is a decent gap there.[quoted image]

Same with mine after a slight adjustment.

[quoted image]

No fix from spooky needed. This flipper needs to be adjusted so the coil end stop is stopping the bookcase flipper NOT the ball guide. The bookcase flipper should not touch that guide on full extension and if it is it needs to be adjusted like any other flipper. That L bracket is going to mess up the ball path if you want to bypass the upper and just go down the ramp. Please take some time to dial in your game instead of adding bandaids.

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

That L bracket is going to mess up the ball path if you want to bypass the upper and just go down the ramp.

My thoughts exactly

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I will be streaming Scooby tonight with bookcase flipper spring upgrade and +15 flipper power. The springs I used are upgraded tension springs from the Scoleri brothers drop target fix kit that Pinball Life sells.
6:30pm est Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

I'd love to see some pictures or even a short tutorial video on the return spring upgrade you did. The flipper looks much livelier in your stream than stock springs. It's an upgrade I'll almost certainly do. I'm just a visual learner.

#3318 1 year ago

I would quest you would have to get underneath the upper playfield field to make this flipper adj correct?

#3319 1 year ago

Yep definitely shouldn't be hitting the ball guide at all! Flipper needs to be adjusted!

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would quest you would have to get underneath the upper playfield field to make this flipper adj correct?

He actually said it could be done without removing the upper playfield with a certain tool. There was an Amazon link a page or two ago.

#3321 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

He actually said it could be done without removing the upper playfield with a certain tool. There was an Amazon link a page or two ago.

You can definitely get to it if you remove the 2 screws that hold the rock wall on.

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

You can definitely get to it if you remove the 2 screws that hold the rock wall on.

Thanks.

#3323 1 year ago

Bracket doesn’t affect ball travel. Will try to adjust the flipper, seems a fine margin there. Will probably leave the support on until it goes through a bunch of plays to be safe.

#3324 1 year ago

Got my 3 piece art set in from Wizard Mods today, they look fantastic. And I went with all magnetic backing on these, no double sided stickiness.

03F035F7-E0CE-4335-9FAD-33103F9CA710 (resized).jpeg03F035F7-E0CE-4335-9FAD-33103F9CA710 (resized).jpeg4330EDFF-DEF7-432D-97C5-B903D75E87AE (resized).jpeg4330EDFF-DEF7-432D-97C5-B903D75E87AE (resized).jpeg6027F44C-6B59-4C5C-B119-5391F3C385EA (resized).jpeg6027F44C-6B59-4C5C-B119-5391F3C385EA (resized).jpegDA5BD437-3A02-4AF2-9EAD-565DC36EE404 (resized).jpegDA5BD437-3A02-4AF2-9EAD-565DC36EE404 (resized).jpeg
#3325 1 year ago

Man, I've got one of those speaker panel magnets on hand just waiting. However, something just seems off every time I see it on a machine. The coin door looks great! I think I'm going to take my speaker magnet and trim down the edges some, and around the LCD screen. I'm thinking if I can "frame" the LCD and magnetic overlay with the green powder coat, maybe it will look a bit more natural? If I ruin it, I suppose I'll go with the stickers method.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I will be streaming Scooby tonight with bookcase flipper spring upgrade and +15 flipper power. The springs I used are upgraded tension springs from the Scoleri brothers drop target fix kit that Pinball Life sells.
6:30pm est Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

Thanks for that stream and it definitely looks like the game plays way better with those stronger return springs - great idea and something I'm absolutely going to try when I get my game!

#3327 1 year ago

I have #32. No issues. Looks like your left upper flipper may be up a bit too much. My right upper flipper was down too low and the ball would get stuck below it.

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Man, I've got one of those speaker panel magnets on hand just waiting. However, something just seems off every time I see it on a machine. The coin door looks great! I think I'm going to take my speaker magnet and trim down the edges some, and around the LCD screen. I'm thinking if I can "frame" the LCD and magnetic overlay with the green powder coat, maybe it will look a bit more natural? If I ruin it, I suppose I'll go with the stickers method.

I think the coin door one looks better because its more colorful. The speaker is more drab and dull as far as color pallet goes. I am sure its intentional to better match the translite and the PF area down below it. That being said I would like to see a version where some of that more colorful coin door art is used for the speaker panel. I also like the simple magnetic flower idea too.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Thanks for that stream and it definitely looks like the game plays way better with those stronger return springs - great idea and something I'm absolutely going to try when I get my game!

Agreed. Would love a little tutorial on what to get and install. Playing the game last week I definitely felt the bookcase needed more snap to it when coming back.

#3329 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I think the coin door one looks better because its more colorful. The speaker is more drab and dull as far as color pallet goes. I am sure its intentional to better match the translite and the PF area down below it. That being said I would like to see a version where some of that more colorful coin door art is used for the speaker panel. I also like the simple magnetic flower idea too.

It looks better in person but yeah definitely that way to match the translite. I decided to cut a section out for the placard.

993B5C6C-1EC5-40F6-89D3-99ECE074D13C (resized).jpeg993B5C6C-1EC5-40F6-89D3-99ECE074D13C (resized).jpeg
#3330 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Agreed. Would love a little tutorial on what to get and install. Playing the game last week I definitely felt the bookcase needed more snap to it when coming back.

These are the springs he's referring to but I don't know if he used both or just one, you may be able to just cut down the existing one to make it shorter to achieve similar results as well: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html?Category_Code=

#3331 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

These are the springs he's referring to but I don't know if he used both or just one, you may be able to just cut down the existing one to make it shorter to achieve similar results as well: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html?Category_Code=

Use both springs.

Check this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/65#post-7512319

I'm not saying those are the perfect springs to use but they worked for me and i had them on hand. The ends of those springs are a complete circle because they are drop target springs. You need to clip the ends to make them a semi circle like a flipper return spring would have. If you buy that tool i linked you can get away with not taking out the upper playfield. Take your time and hook them both on the back hole first, then stretch them forward to the flipper mount hole one at a time.

#3332 1 year ago

Our Scooby arrived Monday. We got in a handful of plays Monday evening. Last play (due to following) the drop targets got knocked down and the ball went into the left VUK. Everything was fine until the ball went into that left VUK for the first time that evening. VUK couldnt eject the ball and therefore went into ball search. Now bottom flippers don't work. Contacted Spooky, and the multimeter came out. We found a couple mosfets blown on the board. Working with AJ the theory is bad coil diodes. Im new to owning pinball but im trying to understand how multiple things failed. Id expect one coil diode to potentially be bad but multiple seems odd to me. I dont see a connection between how the left VUK being unable to eject the ball and a ball search caused both the flippers to die. Maybe it was just coincidence that the issues happend simultaneously on a new machine. Spooky is sending a replacement board and the suspect coils need to be removed and replacements soldered in. It's been a fun spring break for Scooby! AJ was generous to do overnight shipping trying to get us running.

I'm hopeful AJ can get us running for the weekend so we can join the players club, but want to understand the chain of events of how this happened. I'm also hopeful documentation gets published soon by AJ

Silver lining is I've gotten to learn about the machine's electronics and get to know AJ over at Spooky who has been great. Also have been able to really spend time admiring how great this machine looks and the art package. Great work Spooky!

#3333 1 year ago

Questions for SPOOKY guys
1 Why is the new code not out yet? What is taking so long?
2 will you be fixing the timing in the code for the mystery machine so it doesn’t take an ETERNITY for the ball to return?

#3334 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Questions for SPOOKY guys
1 Why is the new code not out yet? What is taking so long?
2 will you be fixing the timing in the code for the mystery machine so it doesn’t take an ETERNITY for the ball to return?

Both of these answers are already in here, mentioned numerous times and possibly on the Spooky FB fan group.

1. New code was said to be available as early as this week. What was the timeline that you were expecting?
2. Yes, it should be as it has been mentioned a few times along with other actual issues; e.g., high pitch flipper sound

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Both of these answers are already in here, mentioned numerous times and possibly on the Spooky FB fan group.
1. New code was said to be available as early as this week. What was the timeline that you were expecting?
2. Yes, it should be as it has been mentioned a few times along with other actual issues; e.g., high pitch flipper sound

i am sure he is just trolling lol

#3336 1 year ago

Hang in there guys. We are getting code done as fast as possible for ya. We want to make sure we are releasing a good stable version and that takes time. We are certainly aware the mystery machine eject and autolaunch timing feel very long and clunky in code right now. I personally can't wait to see that get patched up.

#3337 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

i am sure he is just trolling lol

Game has been on the street for over a month now without a single code release… for a game desperate for it including game killing defects.

It’s not trolling- it’s pushing. It’s way over due!

#3338 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hang in there guys. We are getting code done as fast as possible for ya. We want to make sure we are releasing a good stable version and that takes time. We are certainly aware the mystery machine eject and autolaunch timing feel very long and clunky in code right now. I personally can't wait to see that get patched up.

Thanks luke!

#3339 1 year ago

Alright alright alright!!! Finally got to play Scoob for the first time when passing Ayce Gogi West Hills for some business and I have two words…pure fun!

I’ve read it a few times in past posts, but this pin really does have a super cool visual aesthetic…the entire art package is stunning and no doubt it will be one of the most attractive pins in a home collection as it is beautiful to look at. The scale of everything really threw me at first glance in a good way…I was expecting smaller versions of what I had seen in pictures as photos really do not prepare you for just how grand this pin is in person. The cutler sculpt is huge which I loved (like racketball size?) and the upper playfield has much more playable real estate than is suggested in photos or on stream…loved playing the upper pf and the book case flipper was really a breath of fresh air as it opened up more creative ways to play up there.

Main playfield felt fast and there was plenty to do/shoot for in terms of qualifying modes, working toward a multi-ball or playing the actual modes…I played cutler, charlie and creeper and enjoyed each one a lot. Based on whats already in the code things will only get more interesting as more modes get released.

Here is what makes me the most stoked for Scooby. Its just pure fun entertainment. If only for a few moments, this pin did a great job of transporting me away from the stresses of life…all factors combined (shots, mechs, lights, toys, art) really got me immersed and made it enjoyable to play and want to play again…I’ll take it! Thanks Spooky team…you got a great pin here!

83BAF75D-88A5-4D8A-9D36-BF0FA7D992A7 (resized).jpeg83BAF75D-88A5-4D8A-9D36-BF0FA7D992A7 (resized).jpegA4F57B7E-BC7C-4E24-8BA9-FFE8D1184B5A (resized).jpegA4F57B7E-BC7C-4E24-8BA9-FFE8D1184B5A (resized).jpeg
#3340 1 year ago

Quick question, is the Scooby head supposed to go all the way down in the barrel where he pops out? Mine is only partially down, wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to be? Also really do feel that upper bookcase flipper needs more oooomph, hard to do much with it. Have to check what people are doing.

Got my early game back last week(after shipping company disaster originally) and no issues so far, loving it!

PXL_20230401_154749814 (resized).jpgPXL_20230401_154749814 (resized).jpg
#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Quick question, is the Scooby head supposed to go all the way down in the barrel where he pops out? Mine is only partially down, wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to be? Also really do feel that upper bookcase flipper needs more oooomph, hard to do much with it. Have to check what people are doing.
Got my early game back last week(after shipping company disaster originally) and no issues so far, loving it!
[quoted image]

Look a few posts back. SlapDrain posted what he did and it really seemed to help.

I doubt Spooky will implement any change so if we want more oomph out of the bookcase this will be a DIY deal I think.

We won't have our game for a couple more months at current production rate (which is fine) but I plan to do something about it like Slap as I too feel it is too weak but I really do like the innovation of it.

#3342 1 year ago

Here's our youngest ready for Scooby! Wife got us all shirts to celebrate Scooby arriving

Really hoping the parts AJ has coming get us running! Our 5 year old is going bonkers wanting to play it haha

20230406_083149 (resized).jpg20230406_083149 (resized).jpg
#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Here's our youngest ready for Scooby! Wife got us all shirts to celebrate Scooby…
[quoted image]

This rules, you’re gonna love it…soooo fun to play!

#3344 1 year ago

I can't believe this is 27 years old, but anybody remember this song from 1996? "Scooby Snacks" by Fun Lovin' Criminals.

For those of you who don't, make sure to put on your headphones at work. NSFW.

#3345 1 year ago

Just got the notice that #224 is on the truck headed for Colorado!!!

#3346 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Here's our youngest ready for Scooby! Wife got us all shirts to celebrate Scooby arriving
Really hoping the parts AJ has coming get us running! Our 5 year old is going bonkers wanting to play it haha
[quoted image]

Our 5 year old kept smashing the start button last night. Seriously trying to beat my high score. Hilarious.

20230406_133712 (resized).jpg20230406_133712 (resized).jpg
#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Our 5 year old kept smashing the start button last night. Seriously trying to beat my high score. Hilarious.
[quoted image]

Awesome! I love seeing the young ones playing pins!

"High" score... Scoring was a let down on the few games we got in. Really wish a code update would throw more points at us. It would be nice if they get creative and fit more text on the screen so they can give us more points. I think it was Luke who said they decided to keep the scores moderated due to fitment issues with 5 players

#3348 1 year ago

Great pics of the kids. Mine are in their 20s but my wife is like a little kid waiting for Scooby.

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Great pics of the kids. Mine are in their 20s but my wife is like a little kid waiting for Scooby.

Wife is out of her mind happy with the game. Had it 2 days and I think she's played more pinball than the last 2 years.

#3350 1 year ago

I have been getting good reviews with the wives on Scooby! I actually had several men come up and tell me the wife bought the game lol. Apparently even Cary Hardy's wife is a big Scooby Doo pinball fan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.95
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,598 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.