(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 229.
#1901 1 year ago

#200 paid.

#1902 1 year ago

Got #79 all set up yesterday. My only hiccup was self imposed as I somehow got the backbox keys stuck in the ball trough. Otherwise everything seems to be good and my wife and I are very much enjoying it! To reiterate others, pictures do not do it justice and the light shows are a phenomenal. It flows very nicely and the modes are very intuitive and interesting. This is a dream theme for me and I’m stoked with how it turned out!

466B3838-4D34-4490-99B0-5CDC6AA729CF (resized).jpeg466B3838-4D34-4490-99B0-5CDC6AA729CF (resized).jpegADC29DFB-DAB4-48B8-97A1-7EC41C5B3A93 (resized).jpegADC29DFB-DAB4-48B8-97A1-7EC41C5B3A93 (resized).jpeg

#1903 1 year ago

#268 paid just had to get in on the fun even though I did not receive any request!

#1904 1 year ago

So, I’ve run into some issues. The bottom drain switch wires on the upper playfield broke free at some point, causing the glass to get scratched after having to take it off for the initial setup.

Two banks of switches has to be replugged because they were not fully seated.

Unknown Switch #88 is showing as stuck?

The action button was way too sensitive, it would occasionally go off just because the ball was ejected.

One ball ended up stuck in the metal subway, requiring the subway to be removed.

Currently, I am running into the game just ending mid ball because it thinks the ball drained. The switches are fine in the trough, so no idea what is happened.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Which puts a big cartoony flower on the costume of an evil clown.
When you press it does the flower squirt water at you?
[quoted image]

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still not funny the second time. It’s the hubcap from the mystery machine. Next

It's OK, I thought it was funny - literally lol'd. (Though I think "evil" is a bit of an extreme term for a Scooby Doo character!)

Thanks for showcasing my buttons, they look great!

#1906 1 year ago

Almost time for me, #301. Strange you seem to be the only one above #250 to say they paid. Did they give you a timeline to expect shipping?

Quoted from rockrand:

#268 paid just had to get in on the fun even though I did not receive any request!

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Almost time for me, #301. Strange you seem to be the only one above #250 to say they paid. Did they give you a timeline to expect shipping?

It seems by what he said, he paid them before they asked for payment

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The worst is GotG when the magnet actually throws it into the left outlane after exiting the orb.

Stranger Things also tends to launch the ball into the middle and it bounces immediately right back to the right outlane. Almost impossible to avoid with nudging. Would often do that twice in a row and kill your ball save as well.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

You've got probably 3-4 weeks, at least. He paid before he was invoiced. The last confirmed invoiced order was still in the high hundreds, last I saw.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You've got probably 3-4 weeks, at least. He paid before he was invoiced. The last confirmed invoiced order was still in the high hundreds, last I saw.

F16E99A2-F0B6-4D75-A4C0-DAE5C0BE2BB7.gifF16E99A2-F0B6-4D75-A4C0-DAE5C0BE2BB7.gif
#1911 1 year ago

3 weeks from invoice to shipping for us.

#1912 1 year ago

Actually for 97 it was only two weeks. Got the payment request email right as we were departing for a 2week trip. Got the shipping notification just as we boarded our flight back home.

97 has been playing great all day since we got it setup. It took me a while to realize the pot on the amp had the sub turned all the way down…once I added some bass, even better! Great game!

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Ya I asked them for my invoice a few weeks ago really just to see if I was going to pay Michigan tax,I have never bought a spooky directly from spooky.just saw it sitting there on my inbox so I just sent the funds I would think end of April early may.

#1914 1 year ago

Hi, i'm new to pinball and looking to buy the amazing Scooby Doo. Love the look, lighting, everything, especially the theme. I'm almost 57 so grew up with Scoob.
Was a little put off with all the issues people were having the last couple of weeks, but still very interested. Was very impressed with Spooky offering help and advice so fast. They seem a great company.
I'm in the UK, and on speaking to the company importing the pins, the UK is getting it's quota late this year, or early next year.
Just wondering before i pull the trigger and pay the deposit, is anyone aware of any locations in New York getting a Scooby? Have found a couple of places in Brooklyn with multiple pins, so hoping to try before i buy.
Will be in Manhattan for a week, in a couple of weeks time.
Cheers guys!

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigr1ch:

Hi, i'm new to pinball and looking to buy the amazing Scooby Doo. Love the look, lighting, everything, especially the theme. I'm almost 57 so grew up with Scoob.
Was a little put off with all the issues people were having the last couple of weeks, but still very interested. Was very impressed with Spooky offering help and advice so fast. They seem a great company.
I'm in the UK, and on speaking to the company importing the pins, the UK is getting it's quota late this year, or early next year.
Just wondering before i pull the trigger and pay the deposit, is anyone aware of any locations in New York city getting a Scooby? Have found a couple of places in Brooklyn with multiple pins, so hoping to try before i buy.
Cheers guys!

If you can’t find one in the city PM me I should have mine soon and you are welcome to come play it for free. I’m about an hours drive from the city.

#1916 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

If you can’t find one in the city PM me I should have mine soon and you are welcome to come play it for free. I’m about an hours drive from the city.

Nice offer. Was trying to help identify a place for you as well. Pinmap didn't help but they aren't always up to date. Three of the larger place in NY are Barcade, Sunshine Laundromat and JackBar. Couple of those places have some Spooky games. Might be worth following them on Facebook. Just so you know I am NOT from NYC or anywhere close....so I may have no real idea what I am talking about. Haha. Solely looking around on here and trying to help. I did the same thing a week ago trying to find somewhere close to me. GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your trip. Again nice offer SlapDrain!!!

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigr1ch:

Just wondering before i pull the trigger and pay the deposit, is anyone aware of any locations in New York getting a Scooby? Have found a couple of places in Brooklyn with multiple pins, so hoping to try before i buy.
Cheers guys!

Bigr1ch see above. Haha.

#1918 1 year ago

A few of you may be familiar with this person, but thought it was appropriate.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

That's a fantastic offer SlapDrain, thanks very much

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Nice offer. Was trying to help identify a place for you as well. Pinmap didn't help but they aren't always up to date. Three of the larger place in NY are Barcade, Sunshine Laundromat and JackBar. Couple of those places have some Spooky games. Might be worth following them on Facebook. Just so you know I am NOT from NYC or anywhere close....so I may have no real idea what I am talking about. Haha. Solely looking around on here and trying to help. I did the same thing a week ago trying to find somewhere close to me. GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your trip. Again nice offer SlapDrain!!!

I'd seen Barcade and Sunshine on the pinmap, so was going to try there. Was initially looking into Cactus Canyon, so saw one or both of them had it.
Scooby or nothing now though
Will like them on Facebook as you recommended, good call.

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A few of you may be familiar with this person, but thought it was appropriate.

[quoted image]

Looks like a cross between Fred and Alien actually. Just missing the protruding teeth.

#1922 1 year ago

WOW! I'm #211....I better make some room!

#1923 1 year ago

Came in to find Scooby turned off... location told me there were complaints about balls getting stuck.

I did some looking around and found...
trap (resized).pngtrap (resized).png

So what's that clear plastic? Apparently it's a shield to protect the RJ45 cables plugging into a board mounted on the underside of the upper PF. Why is it blocking the ball? It seems that plastic has a lot of play... and can droop down. I can't tell at all how it's mounted, or where... nor can I even begin to think about how the Upper PF is removed. (manuals... oh manuals??)

So what to do? This puppy has got coins to collect!

Well you can tell you can press the plastic up a good bit, and it kinda stays, but it's apparently done this at least 2 times already, so it's going to do it again. Again, if Spooky can tell me how this SHOULD be mounted or how to get to it, please chime in!

My Op hack was just to keep it pressed up out of the ball path. It seems to kinda rest on that ball guide, so I could use that as a lifting point. I wanted to just stick one of these corner protectors on the underside of the plastic and have it rest on the ball guide to lift it.. one of these

pads (resized).pngpads (resized).png

But of course I had just taken those out of my bag last weekend... d0h! So instead I hacked up a rubber bumper with the idea that if it was slit to sit on top of the guide, the pressure pushing against the plastic will help press to keep it from falling off - just a friction fit.

So for something with some thickness, I took one of these bumpers, sliced it with my razor to make a groove/split in it..

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.42.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.42.11 PM (resized).png

Then wedged it over the guide rail and under the corner of the plastic.

pad (resized).pngpad (resized).png

Let's see if it holds. Hey spooky, got any better ideas?

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Came in to find Scooby turned off... location told me there were complaints about balls getting stuck.
[quoted image]
So what's that clear plastic? Apparently it's a shield to protect the RJ45 cables plugging into a board mounted on the underside of the upper PF. Why is it blocking the ball? It seems that plastic has a lot of play... and can droop down. I can't tell at all how it's mounted, or where... nor can I even begin to think about how the Upper PF is removed. (manuals... oh manuals??)
Well you can tell you can press the plastic up a good bit, and it kinda stays, but it's apparently done this at least 2 times already, so it's going to do it again. Again, if Spooky can tell me how this SHOULD be mounted or how to get to it, please chime in!
My Op hack was just to keep it pressed up out of the ball path. It seems to kinda rest on that ball guide, so I could use that as a lifting point. I wanted to just stick one of these corner protectors on the underside of the plastic and have it rest on the ball guide to lift it.. one of these
[quoted image]
But of course I had just taken those out of my bag last weekend... d0h! So instead I hacked up a rubber bumper with the idea that if it was slit to sit on top of the guide, the pressure pushing against the plastic will help press to keep it from falling off - just a friction fit.
So for something with some thickness, I took one of these bumpers, sliced it with my razor to make a groove/split in it..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yikes, those target decals aren't holding up at all

#1925 1 year ago

How many games has this Scooby racked up on location so far? Those target decals are already getting shredded...

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Rut row.

#1927 1 year ago

So um, I dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but once in a while after making the mystery machine shot I'll hear the VUK fire several times, and this time it spat two balls, which caused an unfortunate psuedo-multiball that ended when the first ball drained. Anyone else having anything like that or any advice on resolving it?

#1928 1 year ago

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Y37kRP86HCzp8y31Hz6HQ1UvfHvS3Gu8agnuejwwbjnKbkxHLDpUQJbWHLWWCU9Rl&id=100048531202375&sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Game won best in show today! Super excited to play.

FB_IMG_1678666652692 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666652692 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666657331 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666657331 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666659385 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666659385 (resized).jpg
#1929 1 year ago

nothing out of the ordinary. It's pinball - things wear. They don't stay perfect.

Plus you are seeing them up close and zoomed in - most of the time you don't see that perspective.

#1930 1 year ago

I always wonder…are you the type of person who never plays…or a player. This goes with any hobby..you use it, and it looks used. Want it to look perfect…leave it in the box, or never/rarely play it.

#1931 1 year ago

guess i will be breaking out some mylar circles i bought way back for round paragon inserts cupping repair and use them as target protectors on them round ones and do some custom ones for the smaller ones , good eye/ ruhh rohh

Quoted from wastedthelight:Yikes, those target decals aren't holding up at all

#1932 1 year ago

Many stickers take 2,000+ games before show of any use.

#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Many stickers take 2,000+ games before show of any use.

And…this was a show with non-stop play.

#1934 1 year ago

Still. 500 plays shouldn’t show anything anywhere except maybe some light ball trails that will easily clean up.

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I always wonder…are you the type of person who never plays…or a player. This goes with any hobby..you use it, and it looks used. Want it to look perfect…leave it in the box, or never/rarely play it.

It's a brand new game. Would expect the wear not to show this early on.

#1936 1 year ago

It's a brand new game. Would expect the wear not to show this early on.

It’s still odd to me to expect an expo game to look new after the expo.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s still odd to me to expect an expo game to look new after the expo.

The photo in question is not from Louisville but our location game.

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:The photo in question is not from Louisville but our location game.

Oh, what’s the play number…just curious.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The photo in question is not from Louisville but our location game.

And is that a missing rivet from the ramp flap?

C8D41081-1562-481A-A62A-FA120D52B093 (resized).jpegC8D41081-1562-481A-A62A-FA120D52B093 (resized).jpeg

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still. 500 plays shouldn’t show anything anywhere except maybe some light ball trails that will easily clean up.

The shooter lanes on all the show sterns made me cringe. Visible from a distance chipping.

The sticker thing is weird. They had similar early issues with Rick and Morty I believe.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The shooter lanes on all the show sterns made me cringe. Visible from a distance chipping.

Make sure if you get a show game to change the trough eject power before they start letting folks play it.

#1942 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

So um, I dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but once in a while after making the mystery machine shot I'll hear the VUK fire several times, and this time it spat two balls, which caused an unfortunate psuedo-multiball that ended when the first ball drained. Anyone else having anything like that or any advice on resolving it?

We’ve had the same issue now a few times. One ball got stuck in the metal subway requiring me to remove the subway.

Also, occasionally the ball will eject and end up back in the trough. If this happens fast enough, it will trigger the end of ball sequence for the player trying to launch the ball before a ball save even starts. I’ve adjusted the eject power dozens of times trying to find a good place but it either ends up too underpowered or overpowered at times.

Also, the coil whine is unbearable.

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Last night when I was gone my daughter and her fiancé were playing and the ball got stuck there also.

F1B616BE-3BD0-4DA3-B7AB-D01A868FA3C0 (resized).pngF1B616BE-3BD0-4DA3-B7AB-D01A868FA3C0 (resized).png
#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Last night when I was gone my daughter and her fiancé were playing and the ball got stuck there also.
[quoted image]

Can we see a pic of yours if it’s the same?

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Can we see a pic of yours if it’s the same?

Unfortunately I didn’t take a pic. It was the same as in the pic.

#1946 1 year ago

After reading back through DJ’s post where he acknowledges coil whine, I am a bit concerned this is an issue that won’t be fully fixed. I’ve never had coil whine on any other pin, only a hum on TNA. It’s worse than any CRT or arcade machine I’ve ever owned.

I’m going to try swapping the coils out tomorrow to see if that changes anything, though I doubt it will.

Has anyone else had noticeable coil whine?

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

I think the more concerning thing in this picture is the ramp is already cracked. This game will benefit from metal ramp protectors.

EDIT: This ramp appears to be powder coated metal.

Pinside_forum_7462729_3292684 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7462729_3292684 (resized).jpg

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I think the more concerning thing in this picture is the ramp is already cracked. This game will benefit from metal ramp protectors.[quoted image]

For sure plastic ramps need metal protection... I thought it was common use these days but yea the ramp is allready cracked bc no metal reinforcement /protection.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

That looks like the rivet itself. Shiny, low profile?

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

For sure plastic ramps need metal protection... I thought it was common use these days but yea the ramp is allready cracked bc no metal reinforcement /protection.

I didn’t realize that the ramp was plastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.