By dannunz

1 month ago

Stats

• Started 1 month ago
  • 169 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 minutes ago by dannunz

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by ejacques
Uploaded by ejacques
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz
Uploaded by dannunz

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 169 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Come see my custom BOZO the crazy clown inside my Metallica premium at Pintastic 2017! Notice his shirt. Amazing transformation MacLean from Pinside did on my sparky!

Modeled after Lloyd, obviously.

#102 10 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Come see my custom BOZO the crazy clown inside my Metallica premium at Pintastic 2017! Notice his shirt. Amazing transformation MacLean from Pinside did on my sparky!

That's a piece of art right there! Absolutely gorgeous.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#103 10 days ago

If anyone is going to pintastic from Rhode Island and can stop by Providence to bring games, I have one or two games for the free play area. Just no vehicle to move them.

#104 10 days ago

I've never been to one of these events. I was told that between Allentown and Pintastic, Pintastic would be better for a newbie like me. I want to bring a game for the free play area. What do I need to do?

#105 10 days ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I've never been to one of these events. I was told that between Allentown and Pintastic, Pintastic would be better for a newbie like me. I want to bring a game for the free play area. What do I need to do?

Keep an eye on the Facebook page and web Site. We will have a new game registration page on the web site up and running soon. Lots of great perks for people who bring games. Thank you very much.

#106 10 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Looks like a cross between Spawn and Venom.

#107 10 days ago

Does the hotel have better in room wifi and non purple water in the bathrooms now?

#108 10 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Does the hotel have better in room wifi and non purple water in the bathrooms now?

Lol...

#109 10 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Most hotels have congestion issues on WiFi networks. It's not really avoidable when there are hundreds of guests all trying to stream video or music simultaneously. Then on top of the bandwidth issue, another part of the problem is that most off-the-shelf wireless access points that you would find in an electronics store have trouble communicating when there are 20-30 users connected to it. So, when it comes down to it, you have bandwidth limitations, equipment limitations, and poor network design & management--all of which take a decent amount of money to correct in an environment with a lot of usage. There isn't really a "quick fix", unfortunately.

Purple water?

#110 10 days ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

If anyone is going to pintastic from Rhode Island and can stop by Providence to bring games, I have one or two games for the free play area. Just no vehicle to move them.

I'm sure I can get them there if I can get healthy before the show - right now I am expected out of action 6-8 weeks with a strain back - sounds like plenty of time - but hard to get better when I have to keep working and doing everything - I'm sure I will be okay by then.

thanks ed

#111 10 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

The hotel has made some inprovments on the wifi service I was told. This is the first I'm hearing of purple water.

#112 10 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The hotel has made some inprovments on the wifi service I was told. This is the first I'm hearing of purple water.

He saw the purple water after partaking of the free mushrooms in the parking lot.

#113 10 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He saw the purple water after partaking of the free mushrooms in the parking lot.

You really should stop handing those out to the Canadians.

#114 10 days ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

I'm sure I can get them there if I can get healthy before the show - right now I am expected out of action 6-8 weeks with a strain back - sounds like plenty of time - but hard to get better when I have to keep working and doing everything - I'm sure I will be okay by then.
    thanks ed

Wishing you a rabid recovery!

#115 10 days ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

You really should stop handing those out to the Canadians.

You just tell them that the mushrooms are maple flavoured, and they toss 'em back like bon bons.

#116 6 days ago

Opinions needed on my Williams SkI Club...not a lot of these out there apparently, which is one reason I'm considering bringing it. I'm certainly willing to shop it out and bring it....but then there's the playfield. It's seen much better days.

Worth it or leave it home?

20170220_173459 (resized).jpg

#117 6 days ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Opinions needed on my Williams SkI Club...not a lot of these out there apparently, which is one reason I'm considering bringing it. I'm certainly willing to shop it out and bring it....but then there's the playfield. It's seen much better days.
    Worth it or leave it home?

Wow that looks very cool. People love the older games and if it's rare than even better.

#118 6 days ago

Gabe is spot on. Bring it. I wouldn't mind giving it a spin since I've never seen or played one.

#119 6 days ago

Well...I think that sums it up. Playfield won't be pretty (unless someone has an alpine club/ski club playfield lying around) but I agree with the cool factor. From the flyer, that yellow area at the bottom of the backglass is lit by a fluorescent tube and could be customized with the name of the location...hmm....I may just have to make a pintastic 2017 insert.

Quoted from dannunz:

Wow that looks very cool. People love the older games and if it's rare than even better.

#120 6 days ago

2172f1 (resized).jpg

#121 6 days ago

I'm going to bring 3 or 4 games for the free play area. Who do I need to inform what games I have to bring. Thanks

#122 6 days ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going to bring 3 or 4 games for the free play area. Who do I need to inform what games I have to bring. Thanks

Thanks man that's awesome! The game registration page will be live by the end of this week. That's were you would go to register games for free play.

#123 6 days ago

Found the source of the purple water: » YouTube video

#124 6 days ago

What about rates for vendor area booth's? What is the cost to enter machines for free play? (If any)

Also, how do you arrange the games in "free play"? Is it first come first serve, or do you have a method for arrangement?

I may bring machines for free play as well as "project machines".

Thanks

#125 6 days ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

What about rates for vendor area booth's? What is the cost to enter machines for free play? (If any)
    Also, how do you arrange the games in "free play"? Is it first come first serve, or do you have a method for arrangement?
    Thanks

Indoor Vendor area booths are $185 for the weekend. You get 2 weekend passes with that purchase.

Their is no cost to enter games in free play. Actually we give you a free pass as long as your game is in free play. You also get entered into all the raffles were you can win part of $3500 in cash and prizes. Put over 8 games in free play and you get a limited embroidered hat and a $50 gift certificate to the on site restaurant.

#126 6 days ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Thanks

The free play coordinator Dave M usually arranges the games by era. Em's and wood rail along the back wall and newer games to the middle with a good mix on the edges.

#127 6 days ago

Coming to Pintastic 2017 VIP Overnight Lounge! More info soon.

IMG_4894 (resized).JPG

#128 5 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Coming to Pintastic 2017 VIP Overnight Lounge! More info soon.

Will the beer girls be in there?

#129 5 days ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Oh now that is a superb idea.

#130 5 days ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

The beer girls will be roaming around.

#131 5 days ago

Can I be a beer girl? I've got the boobs.

#132 5 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No, but you do get the first pick at a "flea" market spot.

#133 5 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Won't you be busy in your kissing booth?

#134 5 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Won't you be busy in your kissing booth?

Discontinued due to lack of interest.

#135 5 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Really, you don't read your own threads from last year? I wasn't the only one!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread/page/22

#136 5 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Discontinued due to lack of interest.

Even his wife? That's got to hurt!

#137 5 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Really, you don't read your own threads from last year? I wasn't the only one!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread/page/22

Sorry, my girlfriend was into some kinky stuff. We were bathing in wine. You must of been below me.

#138 4 days ago

I just went online for curiosity to check room availability. It shows no rooms available for those days. So I just spoke to the front desk and did book a room under the Pintastic room block. If you are going, it's best to call them.

#139 4 days ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I just went online for curiosity to check room availability. It shows no rooms available for those days. So I just spoke to the front desk and did book a room under the Pintastic room block. If you are going, it's best to call them.

Yes please make sure you book under the Pintastic pinball room block at $110 a night. Don't get left out of the host hotel. Year 1 it sold out over a month before the show. Second year I bumped up the rooms by 80 rooms and we still sold out a month before.

#140 4 days ago

Pintastic 2017 is very excited that our poster and T-Shirt will be designed by an amazing artist!

IMG_4899 (resized).PNG

#141 4 days ago

Oh my God WOOOW! Is he coming to Pintastic too?

#142 4 days ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Oh my God WOOOW! Is he coming to Pintastic too?

yes he will be at the show as long as his sced permits.

#143 3 days ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

Sorry, my girlfriend was into some kinky stuff. We were bathing in wine. You must of been below me.

I guess Pintastic attracts all kinds of people lol.

#144 3 days ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

She's a beaut. Thanks for moving it into the Freeplay Area after the Vendor Hall closed down last year too.

Hopefully no breakdowns this year....but rumor has it we may have parts in the freeplay hall with Brian?

#145 3 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The free play coordinator Dave M usually arranges the games by era. Em's and wood rail along the back wall and newer games to the middle with a good mix on the edges.

I like to try and try being the key word to keep a lot of games from an era together. It makes it a little easier for players....that being said I also try to keep owners games together...it does simplify things a bit.....

#146 3 days ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I like to try and try being the key word to keep a lot of games from an era together. It makes it a little easier for players....that being said I also try to keep owners games together...it does simplify things a bit.....

You did a great job last year thank you!

#147 3 days ago

I'm happy I can bring my games and meet everyone that chats on the Northeast forum. I went Pintastic last year for the first time and wanted to purchase a couple pins to play with friends and family members

#148 3 days ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm happy I can bring my games and meet everyone that chats on the Northeast forum. I went Pintastic last year for the first time and wanted to purchase a couple pins to play with friends and family members

So you purchased some pins this year?

#149 3 days ago

Room booked this morning. Looking forward to a great show. Keep up the fantastic work Gabe and crew.

#150 3 days ago
    Quoted from DarkTruth:

Room booked this morning. Looking forward to a great show. Keep up the fantastic work Gabe and crew.

Thank you! The Pintastic crew is an amazing bunch of people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Plating and More
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.50
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 94.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 169 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.