2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

11 months ago

Stats

• 1,495 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 368 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 30.
    #51 10 months ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thanks Ed but I have learned over the years not to borrow what you don't own.

#52 10 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

1) Have a live demonstration on play field restoration. Demonstrate the sanding, repainting, refinishing techniques. Maybe some beat up play fields could be donated for such an event. Might also be a good plug for someone that does it as a business.

I already had something like this in mind as a possible topic for one of our more colorful presenters. The restoration you see in the various pinball videos that are out there is often time-lapsed, so don't expect one project start-to-finish. But I think there are key steps that people really want to see live, in 3-D.

Potential presenters are invited to PM me with proposed presentations.
    .................David Marston

#53 10 months ago

Here is the 2017 Pintastic promo poster! Joel De Guzman did an amazing job creating this custom play field just for the show. So much detail went into the art and shading. Everyone on our promo mailing list will get 6...13" by 19" and 6...8" by 12" of these in their promo packages. Hang them up in your local public areas and help spread the good word. Thank you

IMG_4811 (resized).JPG

#54 10 months ago

That is gorgeous! Hell, I want one to hang up in my game room! I'm glad the auction is coming back, btw, that was really cool and unique last year. Can't wait to get my VIP pass again this year...

-Doug

#55 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Here is the 2017 Pintastic promo poster! Joel De Guzman did an amazing job creating this custom play field just for the show. So much detail went into the art and shading. Everyone on our promo mailing list will get 6...13" by 19" and 6...8" by 12" of these in their promo packages. Hang them up in your local public areas and help spread the good word. Thank you

I've had a blast working on this poster! It's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it finally out there - hope everyone likes it! Looking forward to meeting more Pinsiders at the show and if you put one up in your game room, let me know!

#56 10 months ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

That is gorgeous! Hell, I want one to hang up in my game room! I'm glad the auction is coming back, btw, that was really cool and unique last year. Can't wait to get my VIP pass again this year...
    -Doug

Send me your info and I will get you out a promo package. You get a poster for free only catch is you need to hang the rest up around your local public areas. Make sure you ask permision first please.

#57 10 months ago
    Quoted from Number41:

I've had a blast working on this poster! It's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it finally out there - hope everyone likes it! Looking forward to meeting more Pinsiders at the show and if you put one up in your game room, let me know!

Joel will be available at the show to sign this brauty don't hesitate to ask him!

#58 10 months ago

That's a great poster. This year's promotional design has been incredible!

#59 10 months ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

That's a great poster. This year's promotional design has been incredible!

Thank you! Its been fun working with Joel he can transform my ideas into art. We are lucky to have him.

#60 10 months ago

The poster is great looking but is very busy as a promotional poster. You need a poster that non-pinheads are going to see and get the important info quickly. It's a great ego piece but not sure it will drive traffic in the way you hope. Not a dig on the artist.

#61 10 months ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

The poster is great looking but is very busy as a promotional poster. You need a poster that non-pinheads are going to see and get the important info quickly. It's a great ego piece but not sure it will drive traffic in the way you hope. Not a dig on the artist.

I think the logo pulls you in than you stop and take another closer look at the details.

#62 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I think the logo pulls you in than you stop and take another closer look at the details.

You are the boss.

#63 10 months ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Thanks for the feedback! There certainly is a lot of information that went into the poster and I did my best to organize, design, and illustrate it as nicely and neatly as possible. Like Gabe said, the point of it was to catch the eye with the big logo and date then hopefully draw the viewer in to look closer at the finer details - much like how you walk up to a machine for the first time because of its art and lighting then look at all the little playfield details and read the rule cards. That's what I was going for, at least. It looks much nicer when larger and printed, too.

#64 10 months ago

Any word on if the hotel has been/is going to renovate since last year? Remember reading somewhere that was in the plans before the next show.

#65 10 months ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Any word on if the hotel has been/is going to renovate since last year? Remember reading somewhere that was in the plans before the next show.

They are making improvements but a full renovation is not happening yet.

#66 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

They are making improvements but a full renovation is not happening yet.

That's disappointing...but I'm assuming the gigantic liquor store next door is still open! I'm STILL drinking the cheap booze I got there. (no joke, a 1.75 of Jack Daniel's costs about half what it does in NYC. Looking forward to stocking up again).

#67 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's disappointing...but I'm assuming the gigantic liquor store next door is still open! I'm STILL drinking the cheap booze I got there. (no joke, a 1.75 of Jack Daniel's costs about half what it does in NYC. Looking forward to stocking up again).

Yes they are open and ready for you guys. Don't forget the huge tree house brewery that will be opening this year. Their new pavilion will surely be a place to visit.

#68 10 months ago

Any pics of the beer girls yet? I mean that's certainly a determining factor in my attendance also is the site accepting free play reg yet? If so please post a hyperlink.

#69 10 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Any pics of the beer girls yet? I mean that's certainly a determining factor in my attendance also is the site accepting free play reg yet? If so please post a hyperlink.

No pictures of the beer girls yet lol.

We are in the process of revamping the game registration process. It will be a new state of the art system. Stay tuned it should be ready soon.

#70 10 months ago

I would like opinions on some other hotels nearby if anyone has any suggestions. I loved being at the hotel at the show, but if the rooms are the same I'm out. Sorry Gabe, I know you get a kickback, but I'll buy a Superpass again and bring a game. I did all 3 things last year. 2/3 ain't bad...

#71 10 months ago

Agree like location but not the hotel rooms.
    Stayed there the first year, but didn't stay the second.
    Will look for other accommodation.

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I would like opinions on some other hotels nearby if anyone has any suggestions. I loved being at the hotel at the show, but if the rooms are the same I'm out. Sorry Gabe, I know you get a kickback, but I'll buy a Superpass again and bring a game. I did all 3 things last year. 2/3 ain't bad...

It's not a kick back from the hotel. The whole pricing structure of the event is based off of people staying at the hotel. So if everyone ends up staying at other hotels and traveling to the show than the show will be in jeopardy.

Hey I understand and I'm trying to make everyone happy. I had a opertunity to move the show to a 4 star hotel. Yes the rooms were very nice but their alcohol policy's were very strict and restrictions on the convention center were going to make things very expensive. Also room rates would have gone from $110 currently to $190. So please take these things into consideration thanks

#73 10 months ago

Bump for an incredible show!

#74 10 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Agree like location but not the hotel rooms.
    Stayed there the first year, but didn't stay the second.
    Will look for other accommodation.

I spoke to my contact at the hotel and they are making some improvements. They are in the process of replacing all the older TV's with flat screens. So far 55 new flat screen tv's have been installed.

#75 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I spoke to my contact at the hotel and they are making some improvements. They are in the process of replacing all the older TV's with flat screens. So far 55 new flat screen tv's have been installed.

The thing that gets me with people bitching about a hotel or motel room is you are renting the thing for a couple nights not buying the place. As long as things are reasonably clean and there are no bugs who really cares!

When I stay in a hotel or motel I am awake in the room for maybe an hour total each day. Most of that time is getting ready in the AM or getting ready for bed at night. The last 3 or 4 times we rented a room we never even turned the TV on - there is way too much other stuff to do to sit around watching TV when you are away for home!

#76 10 months ago

The thing that gets me with people bitching about a hotel or motel room is you are renting the thing for a couple nights not buying the place. As long as things are reasonably clean and there are no bugs who really cares!
    When I stay in a hotel or motel I am awake in the room for maybe an hour total each day. Most of that time is getting ready in the AM or getting ready for bed at night. The last 3 or 4 times we rented a room we never even turned the TV on - there is way too much other stuff to do to sit around watching TV when you are away for home!

Exactly. I don't end up spending much time in the room since I'm out at the show each day all day. It's nice that they're updating things, but the TV is not an amenity that I use. I'd rather have a fridge

#77 10 months ago

I went last year with my son we had a blast. It was only a 2 hr drive from Maine! I'll be going again this year for sure!

Scott

#78 10 months ago

Exactly! Who the furk cares about the TV or anything else. I'm literally in the room for a total of about 9 hours, and I'm sleeping for 8 and a half of those. I haven't come back with an infection or bed bugs, and the price is right. And the show is awesome which makes it even more bearable. I have no complaints! (Great breakfasts there, too!)

#79 10 months ago

I got the package deal & rented the room , was great to take a good nap, shower & freshen up. I thought I only needed the 2 days to rent room but elected to rent the 3'rd day 'cause I was planning to stay til really late.

Easty207, shoot me a PM

#80 10 months ago

You guys are awesome! We are full speed ahead right now. I'm so excited about this years show guys, so much going on! So many great people involved with Pintastic. From volunteers to sponsor and vendors it's all good and I'm pumped up.

#81 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You guys are awesome! We are full speed ahead right now. I'm so excited about this years show guys, so much going on! So many great people involved with Pintastic. From volunteers to sponsor and vendors it's all good and I'm pumped up.

I never made it to the show yet but I really am going to try this year and am hoping to bring a big load of stuff for the flea market if I can pull it off. I have several friends that absolutely love the show but the past couple years my schedule just didn't allow me to make the trip.

#82 10 months ago

I never made it to the show yet but I really am going to try this year and am hoping to bring a big load of stuff for the flea market if I can pull it off. I have several friends that absolutely love the show but the past couple years my schedule just didn't allow me to make the trip.

Well this year a flee market spot is only $85 and it includes one weekend pass to the show so it's basically a free spot. I want to pack the out door flee market this year.

#83 10 months ago
    Quoted from Easty207:

It was only a 2 hr drive from Maine!

Lucky. I think it was 8 from DC... three of which you are either approaching/traversing/leaving the NYC area. No easy flight options from here to there either. Too far to drive; too close to fly. Ugh. But a fun show indeed.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#84 10 months ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Lucky. I think it was 8 from DC... three of which you are either approaching/traversing/leaving the NYC area. No easy flight options from here to there either. Too far to drive; too close to fly. Ugh. But a fun show indeed.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Hey Rob have you looked into flying into Hartford international airport? Pintastic is a 45min drive from that airport. Direct all Heighway.

#85 10 months ago

Final pintastic promo card is at the printer!

IMG_4814 (resized).JPG

IMG_4826 (resized).JPG

#86 10 months ago

Hey, now that PAPA has abandoned the PAPA format, will the tournament at this show become a pump and dump?

I have no preference - was fine with PAPA-style - just curious. Pintastic was the only other show I had been to that used this format.

#87 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey, now that PAPA has abandoned the PAPA format, will the tournament at this show become a pump and dump?
    I have no preference - was fine with PAPA-style - just curious. Pintastic was the only other show I had been to that used this format.

Nope stick with the OG PAPA format Levi. I know PAPA abandoned it but we are sticking with it. Pintastic will be up for PAPA circuit voting again and should do well now that the 24 hour is locked in as a PAPA major.

#88 10 months ago

Another bump just because I wore my awesome Pintastic golf shirt to work today. Can't wait to buy my new summer shirt lineup this year!

#89 10 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Another bump just because I wore my awesome Pintastic golf shirt to work today. Can't wait to buy my new summer shirt lineup this year!

What a shirt it will be....more info soon.

#90 10 months ago

Can't wait! Great job on the poster @number41

@taxman , can I get a ride?

#91 10 months ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nope stick with the OG PAPA format Levi. I know PAPA abandoned it but we are sticking with it. Pintastic will be up for PAPA circuit voting again and should do well now that the 24 hour is locked in as a PAPA major.

I voted for pintastic.

#92 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Hey Rob have you looked into flying into Hartford international airport? Pintastic is a 45min drive from that airport. Direct all Heighway.

I checked last year and it was not good. Right now however, BWI to Hartford on Southwest is $54 each way. The Groupon hotel special of $59 a night seems to end in April but they'll probably extend it soon. July doesn't work for me this year but hopefully seeing this type of crazy-low airfare sparks broader interest in committing to travel! BTW, I've seen similar bargains flying to Love field for TPF...

-Rob

#93 10 months ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I checked last year and it was not good. Right now however, BWI to Hartford on Southwest is $54 each way. The Groupon hotel special of $59 a night seems to end in April but they'll probably extend it soon. July doesn't work for me this year but hopefully seeing this type of crazy-low airfare sparks broader interest in committing to travel! BTW, I've seen similar bargains flying to Love field for TPF...
    -Rob

You can only get into the after party if you book your room under the pintastic room block for $110 a night. Just an FYI

#94 10 months ago

Gabe,

I'm interested in bringing several machines to sell. I wouldn't want to be in the outdoor flea market, so is my only other option the free play room?

#95 10 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I'm interested in bringing several machines to sell. I wouldn't want to be in the outdoor flea market, so is my only other option the free play room?

Your options are:
    (1) Free play room with "For Sale" marked on the game cards - lots of perks if you do this!
    (2) Consign to the auction, where they will be on free play until auction time
    (3) Outdoor flea market (no electricity)
    (4) Take a booth in the vendor hall

Is that enough options? In all 4 cases, you can tout what you're selling in online forums ahead of the show.

#96 10 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Your options are:
    (1) Free play room with "For Sale" marked on the game cards - lots of perks if you do this!
    (2) Consign to the auction, where they will be on free play until auction time
    (3) Outdoor flea market (no electricity)
    (4) Take a booth in the vendor hall
    Is that enough options? In all 4 cases, you can tout what you're selling in online forums ahead of the show.

Great info. Put me on a mailing list.

#97 10 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Great info. Put me on a mailing list.

You can sign up for the mailing list on the front page of our web site http://www.pintasticnewengland.com

Thank you for bringing a bunch of games. If you put them in free play for sale you get a ton of perks and a chance to win over $3000 in cash and prizes.

#99 10 months ago

Cant wait

#100 10 months ago

Come see my custom BOZO the crazy clown inside my Metallica premium at Pintastic 2017! Notice his shirt. Amazing transformation MacLean from Pinside did on my sparky!

1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg
    2hammer (resized).jpg

clownSparky7 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    $ 989.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 47.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 65.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 60.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside