(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.
    #751 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

FLEA MARKET VENDORS pintastic wants you! Out door vendor booth is only $85 and you get a weekend pass to the show with every booth. The weather looks like sunny and 80 degrees. PERFECT weather. Come on out!

Last year the show had a great balance of vending hours that allowed vendors plenty of time to actively participate in the show away from the booth. I was in the auction room, at the party, & played a lot of freeplay. I can't be there this year but no doubt will be thinking about the fun I'm missing next week! Have a great time everyone... post photos!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#752 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

How much are they going for?

239.99 is the price on the web site

#753 6 years ago

What is the policy for removing purchased machines? Is there a nominal fee similar to Pinfest where you can remove it anytime during the day?

#754 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Man I wish I could come. I've never been to pintastic before (only Allentown).

What is stoping you?

#755 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the policy for removing purchased machines? Is there a nominal fee similar to Pinfest where you can remove it anytime during the day?

Before 8pm on Friday and Saturday you can remove game for a $35 fee. We strongly discourage that of course. Thursday you can not remove a game unless you have a unforeseen event. Thanks

#756 6 years ago

From the point-of-view of the Pintastic staff, the person actually taking the machine out the door has to pay the fee. For a purchased machine, the buyer and seller have to settle between themselves where the money comes from.

The back side of the "game card" and our new real-time tracking system for games in free play are both designed to handle the scenarios where the buyer removes the game and where they opt to keep it in the room, available to play.
    .................David Marston

#757 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

From the point-of-view of the Pintastic staff, the person actually taking the machine out the door has to pay the fee. For a purchased machine, the buyer and seller have to settle between themselves where the money comes from.
    The back side of the "game card" and our new real-time tracking system for games in free play are both designed to handle the scenarios where the buyer removes the game and where they opt to keep it in the room, available to play.
    .................David Marston

Ok, great. I am only at the show for Thursday afternoon and Friday morning so wanted to check if it was ok to remove a machine in case I find one I like. Thank you.

#758 6 years ago

We are gearing up for the show next week and will have a booth in the vendor hall. We should have most of our mods for sale at the show, but if anyone wants anything specific, better to preorder as we will not have unlimited quantities on hand. We won't have any backbox mods at the show unless preordered. We can give a discount if multiple mods are purchased.

Thanks and looking forward to our first time at the show and first time in Sturbridge. We are also heading there a day early to hit nearby six flags.

LERMODS.com

#759 6 years ago

This 8 foot by 15 foot banner should help people find the tournament area this year! Its back in the vendor hall!

image1 (resized).PNGimage1 (resized).PNG

#760 6 years ago

what about bringing things for the auction - i have an elvis playfield and a few other things i can bring - thanks ed

#761 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

what about bringing things for the auction - i have an elvis playfield and a few other things i can bring - thanks ed

Yes the auction is taking consignments starting Thursday

#762 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Man I wish I could come. I've never been to pintastic before (only Allentown).

Not a bad ride at all. All highway driving for you. Well worth the trip.

#763 6 years ago

I think I'm bringing two games, just need to clean up one of them. I haven't registered either yet and I don't think they'e on the current list.
    Jurassic Park (I don't think is for sale) has the chad h code, so if you haven't played on this code, it's worth it, and Fish Tales is for sale (or trade)

#764 6 years ago

When is the auction?

#765 6 years ago

What is the deal with the auction? I was informed last year that you had to be present to bid/win.. I work weekends, so I will be there Friday, wanted to bid on a cab last year but said F it with the info I was given....So, clarification?

#766 6 years ago

I am in the market for my first pin - would Pintastic be a good place for a first pin purchase? Or would it be totally overwhelming for a newbie like me?

#767 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I am in the market for my first pin - would Pintastic be a good place for a first pin purchase? Or would it be totally overwhelming for a newbie like me?

Bring cash, lots of it.

#768 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I think you should not buy unless you were confident about value (title, price and condition). You are coming to a place where everyone else who does know is either buying the good deals or passing.

I'm not saying to not do it. I'm just saying to bring knowledge in you're head or with a friend. And bring cash

#769 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I don't think it would be overwhelming, just set your budget and have an idea of what type of game you're looking for.

There will be some good games to buy at this show for sure, but there is not shortage of overpriced games as well, so you need to have a good eye and use common sense when purchasing. Cash in hand talks.
    Don't be afraid to ask about checking the board set out, look for battery damage or burned connectors. Ask to see under the playfield, get under the hood. There are some good sellers bringing quality pins for fair prices, it's just knowing what you want and pouncing.

When in doubt, ask a staff member, they'll be happy to assist and tell you if the game is a good buy or not.

#770 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

FYI if you plan on buying a game. Have cash ready and know what you want. Don't say you will be back latter because it will be sold. Make sure you have a way to get it home. Be careful pinball is an addiction. Gabe

#771 6 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

What is the deal with the auction? I was informed last year that you had to be present to bid/win.. I work weekends, so I will be there Friday, wanted to bid on a cab last year but said F it with the info I was given....So, clarification?

The auction is Saturday at 1pm and yes you have to be present to bid. Cash only and you must take it home same day.

#772 6 years ago

Sorry for the delay on the tournament bank everyone. So much going on and this is our ideal list but a couple details are still being worked out. 10$ an entry. Just like old papa style. 5 games a ticket. We will also have a full stream of the tournament with commentators booth and be running Karl's software with self queues and player profiles.

Bow & Arrow
    Demo Man
    Dialed in LE
    Scorpion
    Medusa
    Dirty Harry
    Alien Poker
    Harley Davidson(Bally)
    Viper
    Hoops
    Viking
    EIghtball Deluxe

We will also have the two linked fastbreaks setup. 1$ per player. Combine your head to head score of you and your opponent and that's your score entry into our charity tournament with a split pot for the winners and the charity. The charity is The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. It's a charity my wife's uncle started 15 years ago when his daughter died of juvenile diabetes. He spends many months a year in Paraguay bringing Clinics and clean water to remote villages and is setting up schools as well.

-Jim

#773 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Sorry for the delay on the tournament bank everyone. So much going on and this is our ideal list but a couple details are still being worked out. 10$ an entry. Just like old papa style. 5 games a ticket. We will also have a full stream of the tournament with commentators booth and be running Karl's software with self queues and player profiles.
    Bow & Arrow
    Demo Man
    Dialed in LE
    Scorpion
    Medusa
    Dirty Harry
    Alien Poker
    Harley Davidson(Bally)
    Viper
    Hoops
    Viking
    EIghtball Deluxe
    We will also have the two linked fastbreaks setup. 1$ per player. Combine your head to head score of you and your opponent and that's your score entry into our charity tournament with a split pot for the winners and the charity. The charity is The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. It's a charity my wife's uncle started 15 years ago when his daughter died of juvenile diabetes. He spends many months a year in Paraguay bringing Clinics and clean water to remote villages and is setting up schools as well.
    -Jim

Super rare Stern Viper or super shitty Sega Viper?

Cool list of games!

#774 6 years ago

Anyone know how the kids tournament works and when it will be?

#775 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The auction is Saturday at 1pm and yes you have to be present to bid. Cash only and you must take it home same day.

Ahh, ok Thanks....I won't even walk in the room then...

#776 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cool list of games!

Stern Viper

#777 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cool list of games!

Stern. No Segas here. Trying to keep things interesting in the bank.

#778 6 years ago

Stern. No Segas here. Trying to keep things interesting in the bank.

Why no love for sega?

#779 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Anyone know how the kids tournament works and when it will be?

Kids tournament is in the vendor hall from 2pm to 4pm Saturday. Twelve and under each kid gets 3 chances for best score on a 2 ball game. Pintastic staff will be present taking down scores. Winner gets a ribbon and I'm putting up some cash 3rd place $20 second place $30 and 1st place $50

#780 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Kids tournament is in the vendor hall from 2pm to 4pm Saturday. Twelve and under each kid gets 3 chances for best score on a 2 ball game. Pintastic staff will be present taking down scores. Winner gets a ribbon and I'm putting up some cash 3rd place $20 second place $30 and 1st place $50

Which games? I though WOZ was one of them.

#781 6 years ago

I'll proxy bid for you and I'll have room to transport to my house. Youd just need to pick up from me.

#782 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Which games? I though WOZ was one of them.

It's on 1 game undecided yet.

#783 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

It's on 1 game undecided yet.

My collection is up to date, select one of those...

#784 6 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Why no love for sega?

No hate just don't have any Segas at The Sanctum to bring.

#785 6 years ago

No hate just don't have any Segas at The Sanctum to bring.

Some Segas have decent layouts but stupid rules, like shoot this shot 5 times to start a mode that's worth 300k a shot (low boring scoring) so every game you play is pretty plain/similar scores (SWT, JPLW, etc)
    Early Segas, like the 4 huge dmd games are fantastic though and largely underrated. Maverick is one of my favorites, a stupidly satisfying super jackpot shot under that boat.
    I've never played a Goldeneye, one is suppose to be at the show, looking forward to that one.

#786 6 years ago

The Bluray of Things That Go Bump in the Night: The Spooky Pinball Story is on it's way up there now.
    Really happy to be part of this great event. Hope you guys enjoy the film!

SPOOKY_PINBALL_MOVIE_POSTER_generic_RGB_1000x1200 (resized).jpgSPOOKY_PINBALL_MOVIE_POSTER_generic_RGB_1000x1200 (resized).jpg

#787 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

Have a price guide handy or a buddy who is bringing his knowledge

Negotiate.

Cash is King.

Best deals are early Thursday and end of show on Saturday.

Pintastic will have a lot of pins to chose from . Put multiple plays on perspective pins. Then pick the one you can't walk away from.

#788 6 years ago

why - just put an absentee bid in and i can bring it to north smithfield ri - as i mentioned earlier i will have an enclosed 20 foot trailer there in the parking lot if people need to get things back to ri. thanks ed

#789 6 years ago

What's the protocol for bringing games into the free play area if you can't make it by midday Thursday?

#790 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

What's the protocol for bringing games into the free play area if you can't make it by midday Thursday?

Free play games can come in Friday morning and Saturday morning between 8am and 10am

#791 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

Idk what ur willing to spend since many of the newer pins can be in the thousands whereas the 1960-70s Gottlieb wedgeheads that I'm into can range from $400-800 on average. My advice is go with someone u know that's knowledgeable and try to by from someone u know or they know in the hobby. That certainly helps in terms of honesty and getting a good deal. A lot a dealers can be big sleeze bags to people who aren't that knowledgeable or are newbies. Just my imput.

#792 6 years ago

Just tore this apart this evening and gave it some love. I'll register it for all three days tonight. FIsh Tales is next.

IMG_6215 (resized).JPGIMG_6215 (resized).JPGIMG_6213 (resized).JPGIMG_6213 (resized).JPG

#793 6 years ago

I'm not going to the show but I'm searching for a 1971 Gottlieb Astro. If anyone is (or knows someone) bringing one in good condition that works, and for a reasonable price I may be interested.
    -Michael Schnoll ([email protected]).

#794 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

I'm not going to the show but I'm searching for a 1971 Gottlieb Astro. If anyone is (or knows someone) bringing one in good condition that works, and for a reasonable price I may be interested.

Their is going to be 4 of them at the show you should come.

#795 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Their is going to be 4 of them at the show you should come.

Hmm i don't see anything about that on your website lol

#796 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

why - just put an absentee bid in and i can bring it to north smithfield ri - as i mentioned earlier i will have an enclosed 20 foot trailer there in the parking lot if people need to get things back to ri. thanks ed

Thanks for the offer Ed..

#797 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Idk what ur willing to spend since many of the newer pins can be in the thousands whereas the 1960-70s Gottlieb wedgeheads that I'm into can range from $400-800 on average. My advice is go with someone u know that's knowledgeable and try to by from someone u know or they know in the hobby. That certainly helps in terms of honesty and getting a good deal. A lot a dealers can be big sleeze bags to people who aren't that knowledgeable or are newbies. Just my imput.

I didn't want to say this, but it is sadly true. Like anywhere else, there were some decent deals, lots of very fair deals, and some complete rip-offs. I went on Fri. last year, and I'm sure a lot of guys start high early in the show, but some prices were insane. I had one guy I know from early in my collecting life trying to tell me that his overpriced beat-to-crap early ss was this hidden gem.

So either go with someone more experienced, or do a hell of a lot of reading first. Even better, remember, you can always take a break (it's not like you're never going to get a chance to buy a specific game ever again), go off on your own, and read up on your smart phone. And haggle. Like you've never haggled before.

#798 6 years ago

Maybe someone can help people with some good advice at the show that is looking to buy their first pin. I remember going last year wanting to buy my first pin. The pin I wanted to purchase needed work and the ball would get jammed up behind the target drops. After playing few times and talking with the owner I decided to wait and purchase a pin that did not need work because I had no idea where to purchase parts and if I could make the repairs. I will say it's been difficult to meet people that are willing to help when you have questions about repairing pinball machines. After asking people about who repairs pinball machines I was able to find out about Allan Davidson at Ardvark pinball repairs. Allan is very passionate about repairing pinball machines. He has always given me great advice and if there is value in my purchase. Now that I have spent a year learning pinball machines and doing tons of research I feel I'm confident when I look at a used machine I know what I'm looking at. Happy Friday everyone

#799 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

I was going to bring my Astro to the show but I do not think I will have the time/space to get it there.

#800 6 years ago

Any ideas on how to improve the voltage drop with all the machines there? I know some shots were un-achievable due to what I would assume is lower voltages going into the machine. There was a nice BF there last year and I think the upper ramp shot was next to impossible.

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.