2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

11 months ago

Stats

• 1,495 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 368 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 30.
    #301 8 months ago

Don't be left outside looking in! Get your VIP 3 day super passes now. We only have 25 left.

IMG_0097 (resized).PNG

#302 8 months ago

Hey men. How is this show for the EM guys. TIA

#303 8 months ago

Curious how the "Free Play" registration is going. What's the capacity for that room? (Machines)

#304 8 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Curious how the "Free Play" registration is going. What's the capacity for that room? (Machines)

It's going slow and steady. We do need games so please register before June 1st if you want to get 2 tickets per game in the free play give away.

Free play room will hold 186 games

Vendor hall free play holds 30 games

#305 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Big EM presence. Last 2 years the whole back wall of free play was EM's and our set up crew keeps eras apart so you can here the EM' very cool.

We also have 3 EM restorers that have booths.

#306 8 months ago

I already registered several for free play. I may add more, but my lower back can only take so much.

#307 8 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I already registered several for free play. I may add more, but my lower back can only take so much.

Ask a friend or 2 to help you. We want you to enjoy the show as well.

#308 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Haven't seen you in awhile Gerry! Definitely come to Pintastic. We have a blast. You'll love it.

#309 8 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

There were probably at least 25 EM games last year.

pasted_image (resized).png

#310 8 months ago

IL be there with a few games..

IMG_20160823_192156 (resized).jpg

#311 8 months ago

Outdoor Flee Market vendors needed!!! This year I lowered the out door vendor spots to $85 for a 15' by 20' spot. With that spot you get one vendor badge that will give you access to the whole show all 3 days. So it's basically a free spot. I don't know what else I can do. Let's fill it up!

IMG_0100 (resized).JPG

#312 8 months ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Haven't seen you in awhile Gerry! Definitely come to Pintastic. We have a blast. You'll love it.

Hey man how are you...

I am t total EM freak now...LOL

things do change

#313 8 months ago

Force, thanks for all the pics looks like fun...

#314 8 months ago

Oh, and will there be excessive drinking involved ?

I HOPE so...

#315 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I HOPE so...

We have a full bar and Rapscallion beer on tap for $5 and $6 a pint. Not to mention the biggest liquor store in New England right next door. Oh and don't forget we have a all night VIP lounge this year. We party hard at Pintastic brace yourself.

#316 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I HOPE so...

Ask Gabe about the 3 AM story Saturday night

#317 8 months ago

Pintastic VIP overnight lounge and vendor hall sneak peak video series game #1

https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/videos/2237197776504562/

#318 8 months ago

i just may have to commit to this LOL

#319 8 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Please do not start a wtb or for sale thread. The free play list will go live in the next 2 weeks. That list will be updated every day. It will list if the game will be for sale or not. Thank you.

Yes, I too am on the lookout for a specific title. However listing games prior to the show will create "vacancies" and fewer machines for sale at the event.

I plan on having several Gottlieb EM's for sale. But would rather enter them in the show for a possible sale. People travel great distances from what I saw last year, in the hopes of finding specific titles.

#320 8 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There were probably at least 25 EM games last year.

Ahhh, good memories - my Kicker was in one of your pictures! I sold it at the show and pretty much ever since I've missed owning an EM. Those that were there may remember I used a silent auction format with no reserve - that was fun!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#321 8 months ago

We are so blessed to have Zombie Yetti doing the 2017 Pintastic poster and T shirt. It's getting close to being finished. Come to Pintastic and have him sign your poster.

IMG_0116 (resized).JPG

#322 7 months ago

Updated Pintastic show map. The vendor hall is sold out currently unless someone cancels. We still have a few spots left in free play and in the hall. Plenty of out door space left as well. If you want to set up a booth don't wait till the last min. Thanks this year is really shipping up to be huge! Speaker line up TBA next week!

Pintastic2017_Map_041917 (resized).jpg

#323 7 months ago

The game is afoot, big plans are in place. I hope to be another heavy hitter of the free play room.

#324 7 months ago

Pintastic 2017 hotel update. As of today rooms available at the host hotel are.
    Thursday night 47 rooms. Friday night 105 rooms. Saturday night 38 rooms. Please reserve your rooms soon. Remember you must call the hotel at 508-347-3246 and ask for the Pintastic Pinball Room Block!

host hotel2 (resized).jpg

#325 7 months ago

How are there that many rooms for Friday??? They must've heard that was the night I was coming.

#326 7 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

How are there that many rooms for Friday??? They must've heard that was the night I was coming.

mebbe everybody will be staying in YOUR room that night .... just hope they don't hog the sheets

#327 7 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Originally I had 230 rooms blocked off for Friday.

#328 7 months ago

Pintastic VIP overnight lounge and vendor hall sneak peak video series game #2

https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/videos/2241759802715026/

#329 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I HOPE so...

Gerry, don't worry about that. It's a full on party!

#330 7 months ago

F@#K yeah !!!
    Bring it on.
    I will be digging a PUKE PIT out behind the hotel if needed by anyone

#332 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

F@#K yeah !!!
    Bring it on.
    I will be digging a PUKE PIT out behind the hotel if needed by anyone

It's nice to have all the modern conveniences!

#333 7 months ago

Hi folks! Somehow I've lurked on Pinside for months but this is my first post!
    I went to Pintastic 2016 and it was pivotal in turning me on to the hobby full bore. I think about last year on a daily basis, and now that I've got my 2017 VIP tickets... I can't wait for July! Pinball all day and all night. It's really a dream come true. Thank you to all those who make this event happen!

SO and I will be there all 3 days, visiting from the Boston bloc. Since we're a bit "new", we're really hoping to make some new friends at expo. We'll be the ones clutching a craft beer more or less constantly.

Didn't catch any of the speakers last year but I just saw Todd of TNT will be there. Hope to get a signed card from him--it'll be worth big bucks some day!

Really looking forward to seeing how the flea market shapes up. We go to Brimfield and regional fleas all the time but you never see anything arcade-related. Oh, the thrill of the hunt. Lots of great vendors too. I always need more widgets.

Will any New England-area arcades have a presence at the expo? When I check pinballmap.com, sometimes I lament the apparent scarcity of public pinball locations in MA. Seems like this event would be a great place for locations to promote themselves.

Last question: What's the tournament vibe? Do only the super-serious compete, or is it an all-ages-all-skills type thing?

Counting the days! (75)

#334 7 months ago

2015 was my first visit for one day & it was great. did 3-day pass last year and it was awesome. doing it again

listen to a few of the guest speakers and really enjoyed them and looking forward to the list being posted. Todd Tuckey would be a treat , I watch a good few of his youtube video's also heard some rumors about a guy talking about Ted Zale designs. I have a couple of his tables

flea market was awesome I will certainly be rummaging through that again

last 2 years the arcade I normally attend had full page advertisement in the show program. she will be closing the end of May unfortunately but you still time to visit at this post.

I didn't do the tournament last year, I walked in area all sleepy-headed trying to decide and elected not to. the game are setup with a high difficulty. outlanes as wide as they will go. rubbers were removed from outlane posts & center drain post, tilt was super tight, guessing short ball saves ( to none) , guessing extra balls turned off.

tournaments are a good experience and I am sure the very best players in the country will be competing , I just haven't personally arrived there yet .

#335 7 months ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Will any New England-area arcades have a presence at the expo? When I check pinballmap.com, sometimes I lament the apparent scarcity of public pinball locations in MA. Seems like this event would be a great place for locations to promote themselves.

Pintastic tries to get posters put up at all the prominent pinball venues in New England, New York, New Jersey, Quebec, New Brunswick, etc. In return, we can put their flyers on our literature table. A couple venues go the extra mile and take an ad in the program book.

I found that pinballmap.com is not always up-to-date, nor is the map feature of Pinside, either. Heed their pleas for updates!

The 2017 speaker program includes a presentation by one of the pinball-loving location owners. Watch for the seminar schedule!
    .................David Marston

#336 7 months ago

My self and a couple others from The Sanctum run the tournament. We encourage everyone to participate. We have kids compete every year and have fun. Some top players enjoy coming out too. Last years winner was Lyman Sheats. Some of you might know that name. Enveryone just has a good time. The vibe is pretty chill and we enjoy ourselves tremendously. We keep with the vibe of the show and just have a blast all weekend.

We will also have a side tournament for charity. It will be a high score contest on a pair of linked NBA fastbreaks. More about that to come.

#337 7 months ago

Pintastic gives away a huge amount of CASH and PRIZES to free play bringers. Check this out https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

#338 7 months ago

I'm beyond excited

#339 7 months ago

Will be my first pin show. Can't wait

#340 7 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic gives away a huge amount of CASH and PRIZES to free play bringers. Check this out https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

My Chicago Coin Kicker in free play won me a door prize... it was a credit at a vendor. I don't remember the exact value, but no matter, it was a cool reward!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#341 7 months ago

My self and a couple others from The Sanctum run the tournament. We encourage everyone to participate. We have kids compete every year and have fun.

Hey Sanctum dudes, any chance of reincarnating the pingolf tourney again this year? I guess it's probably more work than it's worth, but I would definitely participate in both if that were an option!

#342 7 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Planning on adding to the list. Thanks Gabe.

#343 7 months ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Hey Sanctum dudes, any chance of reincarnating the pingolf tourney again this year? I guess it's probably more work than it's worth, but I would definitely participate in both if that were an option!

Time is the issue. With new IFPA rules the Pingolf event would need its own finals. Trying to run two finals at the same time is tricky especially when people are involved in both. The other issue is bringing another 9+ games. We already haul in and dial in 12 games alone for the main tournament.

This year we are adding the linked fastbreak side tournament. Simple to run. No extra finals. Allows us to focus on main event and make that run as smooth as possible. No IFPA point but the pot will be split with a great charity.

#344 7 months ago

Time is the issue. With new IFPA rules the Pingolf event would need its own finals. Trying to run two finals at the same time is tricky especially when people are involved in both.

Not looking to make more work for you , but not every tournament needs to be IFPA endorsed . So there's no need to run any pinball event any specific way. The IFPA and points are awesome in their own way , but in no way should exclude anyone from running a fun tournament of any kind. I only chime in because you kind of made it sound like you are bound by IFPA on how to run tournaments.

The other issue is bringing another 9+ games. We already haul in and dial in 12 games alone for the main tournament

Now i will shut up.

You guys do plenty of awesome things. Personally i am fine with the events you have planned.

#345 7 months ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Not looking to make more work for you , but not every tournament needs to be IFPA endorsed . So there's no need to run any pinball event any specific way. The IFPA and points are awesome in their own way , but in no way should exclude anyone from running a fun tournament of any kind. I only chime in because you kind of made it sound like you are bound by IFPA on how to run tournaments.

Now i will shut up.
    You guys do plenty of awesome things. Personally i am fine with the events you have planned.

That's why we are doing the charity event. No ifpa points there. Simple format for a good cause. We aren't bound by IFPA but know that a large number of people wouldn't put in the effort for 9 holes of golf if it was t ifpa endorsed. Bringing another 9 games for 20-30 people to play on wouldn't be worth it. Side event in previous years typically runs at 60-70%of players of main event when it is endorsed. We will see how it goes trying to raise money for a charity as a side event.

Plus not everyone came to our march madness tournament like you linked fastbreaks will be a draw for many and you don't see them very often.

Thanks Ed for the kind words.

#346 7 months ago

... linked fastbreaks will be a draw for mnaubaa you don't see them very often. ...

WTF is "mnaubaa"? It sounds like something beelzeboob would babble while drooling.

#347 7 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

WTF is "mnaubaa"? It sounds like something beelzeboob would alibaba while drooling.

I can play that game too!

#348 7 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

WTF is "mnaubaa"? It sounds like something beelzeboob would babble while drooling.

I only do that when I'm looking at you.

#349 7 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I only do that when I'm looking at you.

Ut-oh, drinking on a Sunday. No school tomorrow?

#350 7 months ago

Anyone have any suggestions to make the VIP lounge more cool? Please keep the ideas PG-13 lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 8.40
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 19.95
    $ 14.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 110.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 89.00
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside