tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreamtr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dreamtr. You are on page 4 of 6.
#3295 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So you sold your Dracula?

No, Brandon wants one

#3297 11 years ago

I'll be down at the arcade today until around 4ish.

Pinball repair for money and games if anyone is interested =)

We have a working Comet coming in this morning.

#3305 11 years ago

Anyone good at researching able to tell me what part number/where to order a common switch that goes in the left outhole on Stern Indiana JOnes?

#3307 11 years ago

Mike, that's the3 right one but the part number is the one on the right, not the "Happ" part number.

#3311 11 years ago

Jurassic Park "should" be leaving in the next couple of weeks.

Bride of Pinbot has returned.

Addams Family has been repaired and even has the lights and slingshot working!

#3315 11 years ago

Diverter has been temporarily removed. I played Addams this morning and it had 4 balls in it for some weird reason.

Someone still needs to do the Rocky and Bullwinkle adjustment outlane switch at the top...I've been asking about that for 3 weeks....

#3318 11 years ago

Well then whoever put the "rubber" in needs to take it out (Brandon or Mike)

#3328 11 years ago

I have to leave SOMETHING good in Huntsville, lol.....=)

Huntsville and Chattanooga earn way more, they should be the ones with the Sterns and nice DMDs =P

#3332 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You're contradicting yourself... if I were you I would leave some Stern stuff down there. At least those machines aren't 20+ years old and you have us here locally to repair the old machines. Which reminds me, I couldn't do work the past 2 times I was there because the coin doors were locked and your guys couldn't find the keys.

They have all the keys. Not sure what the problem is.

We've had to do work on Indiana Jones, X-Men, Tron, Sopranos, etc. So from "experience" with Sterns (even my Lord of the Rings) they've all had issues.

#3335 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Last 2 times I was there Richard and Mike couldn't find the keys. I think Mike said you used multiple key rings for your pins because I tried to get one open (can't remember which one) and none of the keys seemed to work. But I tend to have issues with keys in general lol...

They are all there, some in register, some on the big key ring, some in the cabinets....kinda surprised, Richard has been there so long he knows all the keys =P

If you had issues with keys then who knows; we know you have an issue with Elvira =P ahahahah

#3336 11 years ago

Mike, that "part" for Elvira came (sleeve you told me to get)

#3342 11 years ago

Those Elvira Flippers.....wow.....

Elvira drop targets work again.

Radical is back at the arcade.

If anyone has a lead on an Iron Man let me know. We need one.

#3350 11 years ago

I think I have an extra JAM plastic; it may be broken or cracked but it's there I "think"

#3353 11 years ago

Crash you can have that plastic in the coin tray in Elvira; at least it works for now for what you would need. Did the job for us, just not great aesthetically but not terrible either.

Little known fact:
Elvira is my favorite pinball machine of all time and my very first pinball as well. The one in the arcade is the same one I picked up in 2001.

#3357 11 years ago

Crash, it is the one for JAM

#3368 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

The side tournament last time was cool, hope to see another one of those this time as well.
Jason do you ever play in the lineup now that you're not running it? I'd like to see you and Will go head to head. Homefield advantage notwithstanding....

I only entered one tournament for pinball that we have had and won it...beating Will in the finals....he's a better pinball player than I am for sure; anything can happen with 2/3 games and scoring in a tournament...that's the way I look at it....

I don't really like entering my own tournaments being held at the store (not even for fighting games) and I don't want to enter because I expect to win them or anything, it's just a bit weird entering (especially if I win money or something) when the tournament is for everyone else....

#3374 11 years ago

Jurassic Park is SOLD! =)

#3376 11 years ago

Nope. Just a normal collector.

#3377 11 years ago

Ok, we are losing 3,000 sq ft of our place this week. I highly suggest using games closer to the door in case of electricity issues, lol

1 week later
#3416 11 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Actually I think TH stands for "I hope I receive The Hobbit within the next decade or so." We'll see. I've also ordered the next Steve Ritchie game which will hopefully be Star Trek.
Did anyone around here get an ACDC? I can't get into the music, but that looks like an awesome game. I've been to the Game Galaxy a few times and have met one of the owners, but I am not good with names. I remember he had quite the collection of video games at his house, which he let me tour when I was looking at his STTNG he had for sale a while back. Seemed like a really cool guy.
You all may hate me for this, but one of the new owners of the Hickory Hollow mall is in my department here at MTSU. I understand that the new ownership group has caused quite a bit of grief for Game Galaxy.

Statsdoc: Welcome to the forum You can always just bring your kids to the arcade one of these days and hang out and play all the new pins there...we kind of went overboard and the new layout looks fantastic!

I got my Ac/DC from Buddy, and we are waiting on a Wizard of Oz on loan from him along with Jersey Jack products when he is able to get another (when the game is finally officially released).

The new ownership group has basically handed me over to 4 different people with wildly different price ranges. The fact of the matter is we stayed in the mall until the very end, and the new ownership had so many different discrepancies and not understanding the costs of the area (especially when we have an entertainment type of business that no one else will have) that they have alienated us beyond belief.

I would love to go back to the mall. They already took my spot and are doing something else with it. The other spot they proposed to us is not "bad" but they want a very unrealistic price for an unproven spot with guaranteed rent increases. This is not the way you treat former tenants. The only people that are back in the mall that were there previously are the Indian and Mexican places, and Vogue/Kian Toys, but each one of these places was fed "promises" like CBL Properties did and we are expected to buy into it.

The mall opens in mid May. I have not seen any of these new businesses with anything other than "signs" up sans Vogue and Kian Toys which are both open in an entirely desolate mall.

The bottom line is if they really want us in there, they would stop beating around the bush with having me talk to 4 different parties and be realistic with the pricing. The spot we are in right now is not perfect, but it's larger and cheaper than the mall.

The other issue, how do we know that the new owners won't run away if they aren't making a profit? We can't up and move if these guys realize the mall isn't "making" it...

Enough rambling, I have all Summer to see what the new "mall" is about when they finally open....

And we should be getting Metallica at the end of May.

Some of you should check out this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/nashville/comments/18vzn9/interest_in_a_geekgamer_event_space/

A few people not realizing Game Galaxy exists but want to open a barcade with classic stuff as part of a new business. Sounds like a good idea but a lot of people don't understand the cost(s) involved. Our business model works because it is a collection. Not an investment from product to customer.

I especially like the part where for once Richard wasn't called out, but I was instead =) Apparently I am a (and I quote) temperamental bipolar. =D

SO ANGRY?

SO SWEET!

#3421 11 years ago

statsdoc, just use a rubber wheel dolly and have one person pull and one person push each step one at a time. Just make sure the pin is strapped up on the dolly first. We brought a Big Bang Bar upstairs that way all wrapped and everything and there were no issues.

On another note:

We're going to start offering "official" pinball challenges to people that can beat the "high scores" of certain pins, sort of a bounty of sorts. We'll start putting up bounties with signs on the machines shortly.

I can tell you the first ones will be to get the #1 score on Black Knight, Elvira, and AC/DC.

The rules are:
You can't work at the arcade, so Mike, Brandon, Richard, Rob, and Beat Em Up are out.

Probably do a $25 bounty on each pin.

I believe I currently have the high scores on all 3 of those pins right now....

#3425 11 years ago

If you aren't a paying customer, and have access to the keys, well, what are you expecting? lol

#3428 11 years ago

Svengo: I am getting the regular one...I am not dealing with premiums and all that.

I am going to be keeping the game at 75 cents a play and probably put Ac/DC down to 50 cents when it arrives.

#3455 11 years ago

No Good Gofers is awesome, very underrated pinball and a Pat Lawlor game.....one of the last Williams pins released as well.

#3456 11 years ago

Ok guys, Demo Man is now at the arcade

#3464 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

You mind taking a look at the photos on his CL add? I've never seen nor played one before so not 100% sure what I'm looking at. He is asking $3200 for his NGG. How on that is price. Obviously he has not sold yet so I'm thinking maybe a little high but I'm in a similar situation with my LOTR which I'm asking $4800. My thought is NGG + $1600 + he drives and makes the trade. Thoughts on that?
Also, there is someone in Cincinnati with IJ or TZ who said he might be interested in LOTR. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tz-and-ij-williams-at-louisville-arcade-expo-this-weekend
How does NGG stack up against those? I know both are higher rated but, again, I have no experience with them. I did download NGG on Pinball Arcade last night and had some fun with it.
Thanks for your help.
Darin

It's a shame you can't come out here and just play No Good Gofers at the arcade before you make a decision =P

I would say Twilight Zone is a good deal, but there are a ton out there. Indiana Jones is fun with "theme" but it gets really boring at times. I have all of these pins if you wanted to try them out here. Indy you would have to come to my house for but this goes to anyone, if you are serious about making a purchase elsewhere I have no problem with anyone trying out the games as it is a very tough thing to fork over X amount of dollars on something you really have not played before.

NGG is around a $3200-3500 in very good condition. Anything less would be unshopped, wear, etc. I picked up mine in Knoxville for $3000 and it's very very pretty.

If I didn't have Lord of the Rings already I'd be all over it, that price has jumped in the last couple of years. I paid $2100 for mine on ebay non working....

#3465 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Now bring in Safecracker. Or The Shadow.

If you want to pay me $5 a day on Shadow and $10 a shot on Safecracker, sure.

I don't even HAVE Safe cracker yet!

#3468 11 years ago

williams: Demo Man is by far a blazing fast top 5 pinball of all time. Why all these other AAA titles are loved more I have no idea....

#3471 11 years ago

I'd give you $4000 myself for Lord of the Rings at that rate, lol

#3472 11 years ago

Shadow is a "possibility" to bring one of these days, but it's pretty far in the back of the garage. The closest things to the door are Lord of the Rings and Attack from Mars.

#3475 11 years ago

myork, you have Goldeneye on your want list. I'll trade you that straight up for Stargate...

#3478 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I would entertain that but I'm trying to thin the heard and AC/DC took some of my lunch money. Lol
Feel free to make an offer on it. You won't insult me.

I did make an offer, lol!

#3481 11 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters has been SOLD!

#3484 11 years ago

You don't need a kickstarter for tournaments. We have guys that come in and do live streaming for console fighting game tournaments. You get a good hi-res camera that has player's face and playfield while playing....and you have commentary on the MIC....eSports has taken a whole new face because of it...Brandon can chime in on how easy it is for streaming and how cheap it is.

#3490 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I respectfully disagree. I don't have experience other than what the streaming side of things would cost, but I believe a large majority of their costs are going toward buying those cameras and creating a rig that can easily be moved and set up. Plus, the stuff they do is some of the highest quality broadcasting of any arcade/console/coin-op in my opinion.
End the end, I think anything that promotes pinball is worth donating. Plus, I get a cool shirt.

It's a one time fee for all the stuff needed. The most EXPENSIVE "decent" streaming stuff is like $1000. I just don't see why anyone would need a kickstarter for that stuff because let's be honest, we're dealing with guys who have bankrolls up the wazoo with all these pinballs. We aren't dealing with guys making minimum wage....

#3491 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I have to disagree with your disagreement. I did the following video with my iPhone 4s and a 1999 Sony Handycam for the DMD. If you want to stream the game just use a cheap PC audio/video capture device and tie that in to a free streaming service, such as Ustream or justin.tv.
» YouTube video

This exactly. My previous post was if you want it super nice and professional; Crash's do the jobe well as it is... we have a guy who invested in that and goes from tourney to tourney with his setup charging $250-300 a stream....other guys charge $1000 or more for BIG tournaments and they only invested $1000....some of them don't even do HD!

#3493 11 years ago

Erik: lol....I am shocked most people have NOT heard of them but then again they aren't exactly "radio play" these days......this is my 20 year high school anniversary too, haha

#3496 11 years ago

I had one with an animated GIF but apparently you can only use JPEGS on here for avatars...so I just updated it with an appropriate one.

#3510 11 years ago

Oooh, I love Checkpoint. Those get destroyed for some reason.

#3513 11 years ago

I love how you guys have pinballs hiding you didn't even know about, lol...

Mike, I am just going to give it back to Ben along with the other control panel.....that playfield is just gross.

Party Zone is now at the arcade.

#3517 11 years ago

Stargate is now in arcade as well.

#3521 11 years ago

Erik, We like our games difficult. =)

#3523 11 years ago

When you guys go tournaments you'll thank me for this....it drove me nuts going to arcades and playing pins forever. That is not fun for me...HARD AND FAST ONLY K THX

#3528 11 years ago

I can't get over how difficult it is to sell things in the marketplace on this forum...I got called out for changing a thread title when I've changed it multiple times when I have taken away items for sale.

I have to say I have never ever seen such high school behavior on a message board until I started posting here (not the Nashville thread).

Between the Monster Bash mess (people complaining about price on a gorgeous machine and then being happy on someone else's at the same price in worse shape) and people with Goldeneye back and forth I almost think it's easier to eBay....never had any issues with people on any other message boards buying/selling but there are so many people trying to "start" drama on here....

My goodness.

#3530 11 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

In some cases I've seen on here you give 'em too much credit, maybe jr. High behavior. lol
I'll admit I browse a lot of the for sale threads on here just for their pure amusement factor.

Hahaha, no, you are absolutely right.

You have all of these guys in their 30s, 40s, and 50s just bitching and whining and complaining about prices and who owns what premium pimped out AAA pinball calling MOPLE DERP DM G$ED they think is a good game but really isn't and then just talking crap to people because they are behind a keyboard....

Of course that happens on most forums but most people on here are SUPPOSED to be hobbyists and instead really give Pinside (and the pinball community in general) a really bad name...

It's precisely why I have been playing/owning pins for 15 years and never wanted to join a pinball group/forum because of how difficult most of those guys can be. Never had any issues out here, just for some reason that Marketplace is crowded with people cluttering up threads trying to offer their snarky know-it-all remarks and such.

I would expect that out of other forums but you would think people would know by now in their 40s+ but I guess boys will be boys I suppose.

#3542 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I wondered where the Goldeneye thread went. I was checking hoping it had been sold so that I could stop worrying about it. It is driving me insane that there is a pin near me under $2K, and if I had the $ it would already be in my house.

It's not sold but I am not dealing with that mess there.

I will sell Goldeneye or Hook or Hurricane from Chattanooga but not actively attempting to sell them.

#3543 11 years ago

Looking like we "should" be getting a Simpsons (Data East, I am not getting a Simpsons Pinball Party as I do not really like that game) tomorrow.

#3545 11 years ago

We have more pins than that...just not at that location.....

I am debating on bringing Shadow down there..at least I know we have at least 4-5 months until we "have" to move stuff out of there...

#3548 11 years ago

It's hard to keep bringing new pins unless people are there to play them constantly, and that's always the issue with "free play" games....you can't tell if people are there to play specific stuff.

#3553 11 years ago

Simpsons is now at the arcade. Way better than the one we had last time.

#3556 11 years ago

I got PMed by who I would assume is a moderator.

Apparently you are ALLOWED to complain about pricing in the marketplace forums, but you AREN'T ALLOWED to complain about the people complaining about the prices.

Now I am not sure if communists run Pinside for 2K monies or not but after everyone was saying you can "comment" however you want and then that was told to me, I am not sure what to think, but they are aware they do things differently here...

Guarantee you if I start a thread for a 30K Simpsons I'll be banned though, lol.

#3558 11 years ago

Their solution is to advertise on the MARKET at the top of the screen vs the MARKETPLACE in the actual forums because people can't price police you there....that's not confusing at all!

I guess they forget that half the people don't even look at Market; everyone is on the forums...

#3567 11 years ago

White Water color DMD will be in the arcade on May 10.

Plan on us opening Weds/Thurs permanently in June. Will announce on website and change hours shortly (Richard will be in charge of all this)

#3569 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Good to hear the finances are looking up!

Eh? I am a collector, I buy/sell stuff all the time....has nothing to do with finances...I just know I won't be getting rid of White Water....

#3588 10 years ago

Power supply issues so most rows of machines had no power to them.

I was at the Kingsport auction so let me chime in....

There were no "power supply issues", the company next door took our outlets and as predicted didn't bring an electrician as promised before they did this so 25 of the pins were out.

I am here today and I got some of the stuff up on temporary areas but until these guys next door bring an electrician (they are taking over part of our space) we can't do anything unfortunately.

We didn't even know this was happening until Friday (of course I was in Kingsport) so it sucks you came all the way down here but to appease the issues we priced everything at $6 instead of $10 all day for Saturday because of that issue.

#3589 10 years ago

Guys, I will have a Taxi for trade available soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

#3593 10 years ago

Fatsquatch: It has to be pinball.

Diskoboy: I might want a different game.

#3594 10 years ago

Just letting you guys know I went to Global Mall / Hickory Hollow Mall today and there is 0% chance of us having anything there. Besides the fact that none of the people I spoke to besides the GM are even there anymore and earlier agreed upon deals have been thrown up in the air, there is an arcade with redemption like games already being placed in the location where Electronics Express originally was. Not sure who owns it (probably the mall as I saw a Betson ladder there so I am assuming they had something to do with it as they are a distributor) but that is what is happening there. There is a Mexican consulate there as well and hundreds of people were in the mall today, so I am sure traffic won't be an issue anymore there.

#3596 10 years ago

I dunno, there were a lot of people in that mall today, and that was where the foot traffic is mostly but either way, I think the mall itself owns that business as well. I could be wrong but the whole situation was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen in my life (how we were treated through this whole situation).

#3598 10 years ago

myork: We are sticking with Plan A, that was our Plan B (going back to the mall)

#3610 10 years ago

Crash, thanks, I will order the one board correct?

#3617 10 years ago

Yeah, it was still a great time with my kids and I thought it was very fair that you adjusted the price. Hopefully I'll be up that way again later in the fall.

Well I am glad you made it out, hopefully I will meet you the next time you are in town....

So we have Raven and Taxi for trade. Anyone interested? = D

#3620 10 years ago

I'll take that Cirqus Voltaire and Ruth's Chris dinner for Raven.

Cool? =)

#3626 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Can you deliver to Murfreesboro?

It would be an extra $300 and a Tommy Pinball for delivery. As you know, Raven is very sought after.

#3627 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Hey guys, new to the forum, I live in Hendersonville, TN. Long time Pin fan getting close to getting my first one. I never knew about Game Galaxy, I have to go soon because its sad to admit this but I find myself taking my daughter to Chuck E Cheeses just so I can play POTC.

Long overdue, need to come to Game Galaxy. You won't find a place within 6 states with as many pins as we have on location.

Thanks to Matt we now have Bad Cats back in the arcade repaired and working!

#3633 10 years ago

If anyone is looking for any pins for sale we have Tommy, Raven, and Taxi.

Just added Tommy to the FS list. Also willing to look at trades as well.

#3635 10 years ago

Moose, it probably is not, we change things all the time up there....

Updated for Sale/trade list:

Tommy The Who (with original topper)-$2750
Raven (rubber kit installed)-$550
Taxi (Lola version, (rubber kit installed)-$1400
Rocky and Bullwinkle (rubber kit, new power board, and new ramp installed, also has topper) -$1895

#3637 10 years ago

Tommy is, Raven I need to get a replacement glass for it, Taxi can be, and rocky and Bullwinkle is

#3639 10 years ago

GG is open
12-6 Sunday
12-6 Monday
12-10pm Tuesday
CLOSED WED/THURS (changing June 1)
12-8pm friday/sat

#3644 10 years ago

It's typical for flippers to weaken during game play....When I was a lot younger (and better at pinball) I would get these 50-70 million point games in Elvira and Earthshaker. Believe you me that there is no way that ball was making it up the Monster Slide around the 40 million point mark of Elvira.....

#3649 10 years ago

Protos always seem to go for more but not as much as they "should", the other thing is if you sell it a Big Buck Hunter "fan" would probably have to be in to it. Honestly that game is pretty good if people give it a chance but the majority crowd is not as interested in it.

#3652 10 years ago

Adding Mousin' Around to list of stuff for sale...

#3659 10 years ago

Right Flipper.

#3663 10 years ago

Grand Old Golf sold Royal Rumble ages ago. That Pirates used to be at Toots. Same guy runs the same route. He also owns a Spider-Man.

#3665 10 years ago

That Demo Man thing must be new.....I played it the other day and it was fine...will check it tomorrow.

#3666 10 years ago

williams: I checked the flipper on Demo Man this morning, it works fine. I think what happened was you were not using the triggers. I only use the triggers in the game, and there are 0 issues. When you use the "flipper" traditional button it seems to have the symptoms you were talking about, so that must be related to the button itself because the flipper acts normal like before when using the triggers (the way the game has to be played anyone for maximum points).

#3670 10 years ago

Trigger Combos = double your points at bonus...

I have not used the flipper buttons in years, so that could very well have happened ages ago but none of us would know because you aren't playing the game to its full capabilities....

Regardless the game works fine with triggers and that is how it is supposed to be played....

I am more concerned about Baby Pac-Man with the stuck left Flipper (calling you Crash on this one, we put a new coil in but it may need a transistor....the game is now in Antioch

#3672 10 years ago

Probably is the button switch then. Will check into it today, thanks Crash! It stays on as soon as you press it once when you get to the pinball mode.

#3676 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Then it's electrical. Should be something simple, may need to replace cabinet and EOS switches.

Brandon says he already checked that before and the EOS looks fine he said. I don't know for sure until he relooks at it Thursday.....

#3677 10 years ago

blondetall: Only 3 of the machines in Chattanooga are for sale and since interest is so low in them they are probably staying there.

If they do sell I would bring different ones, yes.

I can tell you that since I can't keep an eye on the machines myself it is highly unlikely that any premium pins would ever be sent that way, though....

#3688 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Hey everyone, just another incessant reminder that we're having a league tournament this weekend. Moving back to the first weekend of the month with this one.
There's a theme for this month's games. See if you can spot it.
Metallica
AC/DC
Tommy
Guns n Roses (Could someone adjust the pop bumper switches on this? Doing that and cleaning the scoop switch made a world of difference on my Data East.)
Alternates: Getaway (plays ZZ Top) and CFTBL (plays 50's rock)
Here's a Metallica rulesheet if you haven't had a chance to play it yet. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet
As always, thanks for spreading the word and if you have any suggestions on how to make the league better please let me know.
See you Saturday at 2:00 if not before!

Have to see if Brandon or Mike can do that....only person I know who has adjusted Data East pop switches is Rob. If it is easy, Brandon can do it, but just direct him in case there is anything "tricky" about it.

#3689 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

RFM froze up while they were practicing/we were cooking. We turned it off while eating, then I played a game before the tournament and it did fine, and 2 games later it froze up again. So we took it out of competition and shut it down. I'm going to try it again when I get home, after being off for 24 hours. It hasn't been an issue before, and all the machines are on different breakers in that room, so not sure what the problem was.
Crash- We were supposed to go look at his Flintstones on a Sunday, and while I was at work the day before I got a call from mom that she had looked on eBay and realized the guy we got our JP and TAF from had one, called him, and got it shipped in from Cali for cheaper than what DreamTR was asking for his. I was a little sad, because I wanted to see the big arcade with tons of pins, but it's my mom's machine/money/time so I don't really have a say in what she does. So she has her Flintsontes (and TAF and PM all in her bedroom actually) and loves it, and I'm glad he was able to swap his towards a Metallica.

One thing to note about pins, that Flintstones was by far the prettiest one ever with Cointaker LEDs. A lot of stuff depends on what it looks like and what has been done to it. By far it was one of the prettiest machines I ever had so you have to take that into consideration with price and I got what I asked for it....this is why a lot of times a "cheaper" pin may actually cost more money if you are not able to compare the two and play before purchasing....

#3690 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Yeah, I knew BTTF wasn't for sale. I was at Sears last weekend and walked by to see if Goldeneye was still there because I thought a few people were interested in it, and saw it was there and the DMD was sorta working. I just looked through the windows because I was in a hurry and didn't go in though. I'm just happy to see any pins at all in the area, and after watching a family come in and let their kids hang off the plungers, there's no way I could put my pins out for public use.

DMD issue has been solved, we put one with a line out but the issue was a connector attachment to a board, but the game does not have the DMD issue it had before where it just "stopped" working.

You said it though, kids hanging on the plungers; and the guy that came in here upset that Addams Family was not in Huntsville anymore and assumed the store was "closing" because it was not there anymore really doesn't understand unless he put his own machines on location and see what happens.....

With that said, Addams Family is almost ready to come back to Game Galaxy Antioch looking VERY different, working 100%, and has a new center ramp among other things. Well worth the money to get the Mike Chestnut treatment, that is for sure.

#3708 10 years ago

Aaron, you may have to get to the pop bumpers yourself on Guns N Roses, just ask Richard for the key Saturday; same for Tommy if you want to mess with those as well.

We do not apologize for the sub on Tron and AC/DC. You will now hear Tron from the parking lot.

I won't be bringing Shadow....I have Safe Cracker blocking anything from going in or out of the garage and I am not complaining about that one bit.

Robocop we may try and look at next week, but it is still planned for going to Mike Chestnut when he is not as busy.

Baby Pac-Man now works. I just need one drop target but the game is functioning and hooked up.

#3709 10 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I have a Metallica Pro NIB and an AC/DC Premium NIB I can bring Saturday for someone
[email protected]

Needs 24 Pinball, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Whodunnit, Johnny Mnemonic, and...Airborne? lol

#3711 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

So what you are saying is somebody has to crack the safe to get anything out of your garage. Nice!

At this rate they got the Demolition Man and Twilight Zone out. Even No Fear. Theatre of Magic and Indiana Jones came back in for retirement.

#3714 10 years ago

myork: You missed it when we had them there...they just got tore up and when they need a full on shopout from Mike, they aren't going back in. No Fear and Addams are the only two exceptions to this rule.....

#3722 10 years ago

Fair warning, they have been constructing a wall there so it's messier than usual at the arcade....

and....holy crap AC/DC and Tron subwoofer will blow your eardrums. Have FUN GUYS AND GALZ

#3748 10 years ago

Guys and gals, if a game breaks PLEASE tell us. Richard told me about Gofers, which is now fixed. No one said who/what was wrong with Tales from the Crypt and it was a simple ball being stuck. Richard did not notify me about that, which generally means he was not told. It is working now.

Diner displays for replacing will be in this week.

Please tell us when games have issues.

#3750 10 years ago

Tales from the Crypt ball was stuck on the top right ramp...Data East games go crazy if a ball is missing. I played it afterwards and there were no problems.

Rocky and Bullwinkle ball was stuck on the top left skill shot lane....

Balls get stuck in games all the time, new ones, old ones, doesn't even matter these days. Heck, the ball got stuck in Baby Pac-Man TWICE today. BABY PAC-MAN.

#3752 10 years ago

The frustrating parts about pinballs on location is that this stuff is usually pretty simple but unless one of us is there, a busy day of pinball will mean "something" is always going to be broken. Even with Back to the Future in Chattanooga part of the ramp came apart and is in an outlane right now. Just typical play means typical results with pinballs....just like cars....I'm amazed at how messed up some pins get but keeping the ones in the arcade in as good condition as they are requires a lot of upkeep...

#3754 10 years ago

I hope Mike put the balls back in it.

diskboy: That's your cue today, check the Dredd...

Addams Family is back, thanks to Mike Chestnut for getting that thing looking amazing and playing amazing as well....don't know how he does it but I hope you guys enjoy it =)

Diner's new display is now in as well.

#3756 10 years ago

Dredd seems fine, same opto problem though.

Johnny Mnemonic is now in the arcade and Dr. Who's lights have been repaired.

#3769 10 years ago

We sold Comet. Grand Lizard I could use two but the game is being sold eventually. I know Bride will need new displays eventually. We just put some on Diner.

#3776 10 years ago

Crash, go nuts. Just don't break anything.

#3780 10 years ago

I am not getting a Ripley's. I have a few other machines I want to get it but I need to sell some stuff first.

#3784 10 years ago

if all goes well tomorrow, Richard will be bringing back Goldeneye and another Road Show tomorrow.

Our White Water flipper (right) keeps blowing fuses. Can anyone give Mike and Brandon some ideas since it is a pretty important pin that is still down?

#3795 10 years ago

At this point me thinks White Water needs a shop out with new ramps and boulders and some made up hair for Big Foot.

#3798 10 years ago

I'll have Richard drop it off at Mike Chestnut's in the next week or so, so it will be out for a couple of weeks.

#3799 10 years ago

another Road Show has returned, we'll see how she works today

#3804 10 years ago

Those are Dallas players too, not Memphis, lol....

The only way I would bring a GG to Memphis is if there was a tech there that could fix everything and I would never have to go down there for ANYTHING except maybe once in awhile for tournament stuff for fighting games. 2 hours away on the other locations is not bad, but 3.5 to Memphis is rough.

#3807 10 years ago

Why do you not buy from Mad Amusements?

I need a Road Show and High Speed manual...

#3818 10 years ago

Beat the Clock has always been here, just not on the floor.

Dracula is Brandon's.

This is a third Road Show, different from the previous two I had.

Hurricane is the one I had before.

#3822 10 years ago

Brandon has a subwoofer hooked up to random pinballs. Not sure what "currently" has it.

No Fear just uses one of those Flipper Fidelity kits. The funny thing is Addams Family and Twilight Zone have that same kit but No Fear has more bass in it.

#3830 10 years ago

Crash: Not sure what I am doing, I am to order a new set for High Speed as it is, and they are just plug and play...Grand Lizard may not need the extra investment.

#3832 10 years ago

Ok, new parts for Road Show, Baby Pac-Man, and High Speed are at the arcade.

Expecting my old old Rollergames and my old old Street Fighter II to come back.

I have one Street Fighter II pinball for trade (the one in the arcade)
and one Rollergames for trade (the one in Huntsville)

Pins are cheap to guys in this thread, trades would be good too.

Will take things like a Millionaire and $250 for one of them (looks at fumbleflippers, haha)

#3834 10 years ago

I had a High Speed II, sold for $1800 to Kendall awhile back.... =P Keeping this one for sure

#3837 10 years ago

The one I had before was LEDed out...the one I have now has prettier sides, playfield is about the same, but the game is WAYYYYY easier. I need to address that.

#3843 10 years ago

Crash, do you have a High Speed manual?

High Speed is now up and running at the arcade. New displays have been put in...

#3846 10 years ago

Darin, I would suggest www.coinopcauldron.com

They do board repair relatively inexpensive.

I would also suggest testing the coil on your right flipper first to see if it is getting the proper ohms.

I am no expert in this but LOTR has the wrong fuse noted in the manual and when I had stuff burning out and blowing transistors on mine and it was completely coil related.

#3848 10 years ago

Between 4.8 and 5.4 on the flipper I would say is typical.

#3850 10 years ago

We just added 24 to the lineup. Another Stern.

#3851 10 years ago

Good luck to anyone playing Sopranos. Apparently that game has been played for ages with it being "flat" and slow. No more of that =)

#3855 10 years ago

Elvira is looking good

#3858 10 years ago

I finally got around to testing the flipper coil. It basically measured the same as the left flipper so I think that is fine. I tried testing the transistor on board unsuccessfully. Is there a diode which I need to test also? I don't see one around the flipper area but could be missing something.
Also, I have a guy from CL add which I responded to who says we will change out the transistors for $50 at my house. That sounds pretty reasonable to me but would like to get your thoughts.

Crash knows a lot more about that type of stuff than I do. It could be anything at this point, an End of Stroke switch not touching right to save the coil?

#3861 10 years ago

Crash, we have something similar happening to our Tron, it is blowing the F8 fuse and part of the bracket for the right flipper came off. Brandon says it is not hitting the EOS switch....he knows more about that but our Tron is dead for awhile because of it

#3866 10 years ago

blondetall: I know someone with at least 20 pins out there, all DMDs and nice...there are other collectors, they are just not on pinside as much

#3867 10 years ago

Review of the day from Hailey C. on foursquare:

Game Galaxy Antioch, TN · 3 weeks ago

Do not waste time going to Game Galaxy unless your kids r into old pinball games. Needless to say our 8 yr old was very diappointed!

#3869 10 years ago

Yeah I don't even know what she was expecting; we aren't trying to be Chuck E. Cheese. It was actually a compliment.

#3872 10 years ago

Yes, the mall owns it, it is called "Global Pizza and Fun", it has bumper cars and some shitty redemption stuff. You can apply for a job on the second floor. They got everything from Betson. It is obviously their decision when they realized they were not getting the places in the mall they "think" they can get, so some of the businesses are owned by the owners of the actual mall. Pretty sneaky....

#3876 10 years ago

Crash, it is not open yet, they are just "hiring" on the second floor in the mall for when they do open at the moment.

Williams: We should have just changed our name to Antioch Arcade and Action!

#3877 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came in to the tournament today!

I "think" Will won again...

#3886 10 years ago

Elvira! Still my fav pin of all time.

#3890 10 years ago

Crash: I only saw Bonkers, never stopped by, I might be able to come by in a couple of weeks, have Atlanta, Miami, and picking up 22 machines next week locally....going to be pretty busy....

#3893 10 years ago

Hold up a sec.....
22 machines!! Details man, is Jon(from Franklin) shutting down the pinball garage? Someone else liquidating an estate? Let's see a list, surely there are gonna be a few dupes you want to flip real quick. Hint, hint.....

I should have been more clear, 20 arcade machines, two pinballs. =)

I always pick up stuff from estate sales/random places, but I don't really post about them much..

Last stuff in is:
Escape from the Lost World (rubber kit just in, not sure of plans yet)
Meteor (pending next week, 1979 Stern, and will be for sale)
Harley Davidson Sega (pending next week) (might be going to Huntsville, why does this game keep coming up)
Space Invaders (pending next week, probably keeping this)

Even if Jon ever liquidated his stuff there is no way I have the bankroll for all that....
Space Invaders

#3906 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not familiar with early system11 boards but System11 B and C have test switches on the CPU board.
And Jason we have these Neo Geo carts for trade if interested. We would like Puzzle Bobble 1 or 2 if you have them as well as any other good non-fighting games (asking for suggestions). I think I have a couple more but not sure. I'll be up Saturday.
World Heroes 2
Fatal Fury 2
Burning Fight
Aero Fighters 2
Football Frenzy
Kabuki Klash
Fatal Fury

Hi Crash, sorry, I am still out of town at the moment...

We can't use any of those unfortunately and I JUST sold a Bust a Move Again EX on eBay with marquee the other day, go figure.

#3909 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah Richard told me you were on break. Kind of a slow day Saturday, I did see Erik and Jay though. Stayed from 12:00 to 2:45. Dracula keeps hanging balls when you shoot into the mystery scoop in the upper left, and the shooter solenoid seems too weak to load the coffin lock. Stargate says a ball is missing, I don't know how to use the menus on Gottlieb games or I would turn off the auto ball feature that keeps giving me crazy 7 ball games. And there was this kid playing Elvira all afternoon trying to get that $25 lol.
The Neo Geo situation is fine, I'll just sell them on Craigslist and if you plan to get rid of any non-fighting cartridges let me know.

We turned off the auto ball feature last week so it should be fine on Stargate. You have to tell Richard these things when you are there, I won't be able to do anything from where I am at.

#3918 10 years ago

I'm with Brandon...there is a reason we got rid of Frankenstein, lol

#3919 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Stargate has the game time feature turned on or at least it did when it left my house. I think it will give you 5 mins of play time regardless of how many balls you play.

Matt, we turned it off at least 2 weeks ago, so I know it does not have it any more.

#3922 10 years ago

Hey we all like some bad pinballs; I am not afraid to admit I have a soft spot for a lot of games you see in the arcade and wonder why they are still there =)

#3926 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Frankenstein is the favorite of half the people who come to my house to play. Which honestly I don't understand, since it's sitting right next to a decked out spiderman and across the room from a like-new NGG. The "Who am I!? callout gets really old fast, but it is pretty fun to play I think. I wouldn't purposely go out and try to find one if something happened to this one, but for the amount of money we've got in it compared to what I can buy locally, you can't beat it. I do enjoy throwing the switch for ball launch, and the craziness when you get the "666" multiball. Plus it's the only machine I haven't had to fiddle with/fix something on for some reason, basically built like a tank. I never have problems out of it (knock on wood,) especially compared to my JP with the control room switches and shorting out on start-up.

If anything happens to that $450 display....oh boy......

#3932 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My mom can't watch the DMD and play at the same time, so I don't think she'd even notice.
Besides, if I sat around worrying/waiting for something to go wrong on a machine, I wouldn't have them or would never play them. lol Especially the P2K (which we fixed for $45, yay!) and the "been in a fire and covered in soot/ceiling" spiderman.
I had some non-pin people over on Sunday to play and had to fix 3 loose spotlight bulbs, 2 stuck balls, and a JP reboot issue. I have no idea how you manage to run an arcade with the 'general public' playing yours on a regular basis. I've seen those people hang off the shooter rods and bang on the machines at the Northgate Game Galaxy, and I wanted to punch them myself.

That's precisely why I have the machines I have up there.....even when you fix one thing, another goes out. Now Goldeneye has a switch issue under the drain, and Hook has a problem now too. We fixed the Back to the Future issue but location games get tore up depending on "who" plays them. Luckily Antioch is mostly adults. Most of the time coil wires come detached when I go to Huntsville or Chattanooga. I can honestly say it is getting to the point where it is ridiculous having pins over there in the first place.

1 week later
#3954 10 years ago

Last call, Fireball II and Meteor, $400 each, both need repair..

#3959 10 years ago

That camera is creepy as hell....

#3961 10 years ago

Richard, it's Aaron...I think Erin is a girl's name =)

#3965 10 years ago

williams, just post the link here and I will order like 10 of them. You will just need to put them in if we don't have time.

We do know about 24 left flipper chattering. Have not had a chance to look at it yet because it doesn't happen all the time. It will not be sold, though.

We should have Space Invaders fully functional this week and for October I am pretty sure if there is a "Halloween" themed tournament then Dracula, Elvira, and Haunted House (if we have it working by then) will be in it= P

#3976 10 years ago

Centaur has just been added to the lineup at Game Galaxy in Antioch.

#3978 10 years ago

diskoboy: At the factory.

Black Knight original should be at the arcade today right before we close.

#3980 10 years ago

williams, Sep 7 is the Kingsport auction just as a heads up. I am not going but half the people I know are going there or to my kid's bday party, lol

#3989 10 years ago

Yes we do need the speakers, thanks williams, and you can keep that manual, we don't have a Tommy anymore, lol

LEded Dracula is now being traded, so there is a different Dracula at the arcade with non LEDs and the Mike Chestnut shopout meaning everything works so thanks to him for all his help and hard work in the past few weeks!

Black Rose is now with him for overhaul work...

I am sure most of you have not played the other game we are getting for Dracula, so it should be fun...one part of it is not working but it does not affect gameplay completely...

#3991 10 years ago

I remember going to Chattanooga Pinball the other day and there was a Wizard of Oz in the showroom and Rob and I had no urge to play it, that is how much we dislike it. I love the fact Jersey Jack made that type of game but it's just....not that good to us....

#3994 10 years ago

Doughslingers needs to bring it here already then =P

#3998 10 years ago

What the heck is a POTO you have POTC and POTO....

Pinball abbreviations need to go or else you'll have crap like this:

FS: POTO GC SO WTT 4 DMDG WW, Wh20, LOTR, DERP

#4003 10 years ago

HEY!

I like my Phantom of the Opera!

#4006 10 years ago

doughslingers not a problem, I will make sure Rob gets in touch with you about it when he is there as he is bringing the truck there for me....

#4007 10 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I'll give you $2000 for your DERP machine.
That one has always been my favorite - Screw TZ....

We just picked up a Whodunnit. It had some Derp but now it is mostly not derp. Come try it out if you have never played a murder mystery pinball before!

#4008 10 years ago

Also, Space Invaders Pinball is up and running and if you have been living under a rock the last week tomorrow is the last day for free Metallica and Ac/DC.....

#4013 10 years ago

Avengers is AWFUL.

I am now awaiting a Star Trek Data East for the arcade. Should arrive soon.

Games I am looking for if anyone is keeping an eye out:
Tommy
Millionaire
Spider-Man
Iron Man

#4018 10 years ago

Darius is from the container of candy cabs I picked up the other day.

#4020 10 years ago

They are just cabinets with monitors....."cheap" is all relative considering a container alone costs $4000.

#4022 10 years ago

They are JVS....they are all spoken for because everyone that works here freaking bought em all

#4024 10 years ago

All the ones that came in were 1P horizontal...most of us had to order panels, sticks, etc. No idea if I will bring any in anymore, this was a nightmare with these.

#4031 10 years ago

We should have the Data East Star Trek in the arcade Tuesday. The remaining 15 or so pins will be put in the arcade as soon as the last part of the wall is done.

#4035 10 years ago

Crash, I wouldn't say it is "going well" by any means. I will be actively looking for another location so we can leave by August 2014. There is just too much micromanaging and us not being able to do what we want with our spot.

#4040 10 years ago

fumbleflippers: You find a mall spot willing to let me in, and two people to run the place, and a tech, and I am in, or someone who wants to put a game store in there for free to cover the people watching the place....that is the only barrier. I almost would never be able to go to Memphis though but I know at least 2 malls are out there.

Also, sell me Millionaire before I find one= )

1 week later
#4045 10 years ago

There should be a thread about it on Pinside with prices.

#4048 10 years ago

Tournament on Saturday the 14th at Game Galaxy. Come one come all. Come see how we have less room to play with the wall not being painted yet.

#4051 10 years ago

Crash: Dragon's Lair isn't there yet.

#4067 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Tournament had a great turnout with 8 players. We all know Will won. Also saw a bunch of 12 year olds playing as well (not sure where they came from lol, but it made an interesting scene on Dariusburst). A few issues I found with various games:
Terminator 2: Skull kicker doesn't work and has 3 balls piles up in it.
Phantom of the Opera: Kicks 2 balls to shooter lane, flippers have no high power.
Tales from the Crypt: Left flipper is weak, can't make ramp shots.
High Speed: Can't put credits on it? Neither coin door switch did anything.
Hurricane: One of the Ferris wheels isn't turning (would hang balls), and some other problem I can't recall.
I would have fixed stuff but the place was packed today and tourney was going on. Oh and good to hear you got a lease for another year!

Crash, High Speed works fine, you just have to put it on Free Play and a battery pack needs to be installed.

We are aware of Hurricane, it has been like that awhile, switch and Ferris Wheel hanging.

Tales from the Crypt flipper has always been that strength. I can make the ramp shot but you are right, it's not super crazy strong.

Terminator 2 we know about. Hopefully Brandon can figure that out tomorrow.

Phantom of the Opera is news to me though. Will check it tomorrow.

The lease has been for ages until Aug 2014. We will move after it ends.

I think the guy talking about Star Trek was referring to the Stern one. The new Data East one in the arcade works but until that wall gets painted we can't let anyone play any of those games against the glass and around them..

#4082 10 years ago

NAVL will still do it but they will charge extra for having to rent a smaller truck.

#4090 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is Space Invaders even working?

Space Invaders has been working for a long time, yes.

#4093 10 years ago

Dracula is so popular at the arcade =)

Royal Rumble is coming back shortly, just got another one.

#4097 10 years ago

Wall was finally painted so most of the pins are back in order and the ones out of order were repaired.

Tales from the Crypt
Pinball Magic
Phantom of the Opera
Terminator 2 all back up and running.

Star Trek has one switch issue on order, and the AC/DC pop bumper was repaired.

We just added a Royal Rumble to the floor and even Robocop is there. I think I counted 60 total pins on the floor now. If we get some room in the next few days (Darius and Darius Burst are being sold) then I will be able to bring in Super Mario Bros and Game Show.

#4100 10 years ago

myork: Darius has left the building.

Star Trek launch party Oct 26 Saturday night at Game Galaxy! $10 cover, $5 entry, Stern official stuff, prizes, etc. At least we don't all have to drive to Birmingham this time around, lol

#4104 10 years ago

williams: be my guest, we have a huge tournament for console stuff that same day so it should be interesting with all the people in the place. Probably going to be the most packed we've ever had it before.

#4105 10 years ago

Serious crossroads here...

Try to get to 100 pinball machines, or sell some to get to about 70.....

More headaches? More problems? or More money, less problems...

#4109 10 years ago

Steve Hardison. 615 545 5390

Tell him Jason at Game Galaxy sent you.

#4114 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Cool - I'll shoot you a message sometime about how I can help.

Go for 100 on location, the advertise the hell out of you're the only place in the south with 100 pinball machines on location. I'm following some threads about a pinball tournament in Atlanta, and everyone is griping that there's nowhere to play.
Who would have thought that the best cities for location pinball would be Portland, Vegas, Chicago, Nashville?

I would need to spend quite a bit of money to get to 100 at the same location...I have 10 at my house, Matt has one of mine, Mike Chestnut has another, there are 4 in Huntsville and Chattanooga..

I just wanted to get 100 "total", we only have 60 something in Antioch right now....that means another 21 pins just to get to 100....I would need to go cheap cheap to do that and that might make me spend more money than I should.

I think if we were in East Nashville we could jump those numbers up quick but I don't see the demographics out here, that is the only place I would think can prove me wrong about it.

#4118 10 years ago

I want Pirates but you know my price=)

#4124 10 years ago

Tales from the Crypt probably won't be here by then.

#4127 10 years ago

Crash, look at my list of pinballs under my user name. Most of those are in Antioch. The only ones that are NOT there are:

Hook
Back to the Future
Medieval Madness
Beat the Clock
Black Rose
Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Simpsons
Big Bang Bar
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Shadow
Star Trek Next Generation
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Attack from Mars
Safe Cracker
Lord of the Rings

Everything else on that list should be in Antioch.

Star Trek is now at the arcade for 50 cents a play. Metallica, AC/DC, and X-Men are 25 cents each. These are only for customers who pay the $5/7/$10 fees for all day play. We are not letting anyone come in and spend 50 cents only on a game.

#4130 10 years ago

I still have Tales from the Crypt so that is probably going to be there still...

#4134 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Crash, Brandon will check them out. We have LEDs in Bad Cats? I've never had anybody complain about not being able to follow the ball on any of the games with LEDs....I did at first when I had never seen LEDs before but haven't even notice since then.

Erik: White Water has all new ramps, boulders, and Mike Chestnut shopped it out for us, so it's a little different than before.

#4138 10 years ago

Star Trek is awesome. We always put our stuff fast as all can be. Personally I can't stand "slow" tables because it gives you the illusion that you are a pro pinball player. At these events that I went to with pinballs (Midwest Gaming Classic comes to mind) the games are so stupidly easy I could sit there for 45 minutes because they are basically playing "flat."

Software is actually ok right now for Star Trek, I think the Captain's Chair is not implemented correctly but I don't see anything wrong with it.

I played Bad Cats today and I see the strobing effect you are talking about. Personally that makes the game more unique to me, lol

#4140 10 years ago

Yes, the diagnostic screen does appear when you get an Extra Ball, it's actually amusing =)

As a one player game I have had the ball stuck a few times, but honestly, "that's pinball" in a lot of ways with these machines. I've had bad luck with new machines and older machines when they were new when we had them at the arcade back in the day (even the precious Williams stuff had some issues) but I agree the software is an issue. Thank goodness for USB updates but they obviously are trying to get it out there and have everyone play test it for free and depend on those results. Since they are really the only show in town minus Jersey Jack which is a whole other story it could be much much worse.

If you actually walk away from Star Trek it will come back to disable the game if left on for a long time. That must be a new thing since it avoids the "kids" to press Start and leave their game going.

#4141 10 years ago

You have to be a little competitive Crash, or you would not be posting those scores on your games when you get them =)

#4147 10 years ago

Erik, that place would probably be $5000 a month rent for a little box, lol

#4148 10 years ago

Erik, there is a bar next door, lol 360 Burger has a bar....there is no barber shop anymore =)

#4154 10 years ago

The barber shop moved back to the mall...

360 Burger is not terrible, it's just not as good as the price reflects and they had a huge service problem...this coming from someone who has eaten there (and continues to) 70+ times because they have grass fed beef and organic free range chicken and a plethora of healthy cool eats in a place like Antioch.

Honestly though there isn't much good food to eat in Antioch unless you go to Fat Boy's BBQ near Angelo's, or the two Mexican restaurants by the old Target...

#4157 10 years ago

Here's the problem with the "convention" circuit. You have this stuff in the house already:

MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention)
GMX (Geek Media Expo)
and Louisville Arcade Expo

Both GMX and MTAC do their own thing together and GMX was on us to be there with arcade machines for a free booth. One of the guys dropped my games, didn't apologize to me (the main expo guy for GMX for booths) and I think Richard pissed him off or something at the expo but I was supposed to be able to get a booth at MTAC which never happened. Most people do not actually like dealing with MTAC and GMX much in general after being there once as a vendor. Heck the last "game room" guys (Kaos Theory) weren't even open 6 months and they were the only place they hadn't alienated yet. Long story short those conventions get arcade people from somewhere.

Louisville Arcade Expo basically told me straight up that they had no problem dealing with this known scammer (Jonathan Callahan) who was running some tournaments up there. They basically told me just to avoid the guy and go in another room. This guy stole thousands from people on many message boards and they seemed to be "ok" with that. Because of how blatant they were not looking out for the community I refused to have anything to do with that place.

Now end of Crash rant (sorry Crash, I know you are passionate about your hates as well) the bottom line is we have more than enough people here with pins and arcade machines.

I only have the third most machines in the Nashville area if that tells you anything. So we could basically get a California Extreme (CAX) like thing going here but you need to have people that can dedicate time to market the thing, find a venue, set it up, etc. It's a very arduous process and it's almost like another part time job.

I guess the point being made is that GMX and MTAC are yearly. They draw tons of gamers, but we don't have a "specific" one dedicated to video games as opposed to GMX and MTAC which will have a room for each.

#4162 10 years ago

Huh? Every other thread in the "all clubs" is about having that specific pinball machine. This is more of an update of where to play pinball in Tennessee.

#4163 10 years ago

We should be under "Events and Locations", we have ongoing pinball tournament announcements in this thread all the time....

#4168 10 years ago

I don't know, to me it's pretty black and white, have a Regional area instead of a "club" area because it is super crazy confusing reading all that. "Places to play pinball, groups where people play, etc" something as a subforum but under "clubs" there really isn't anyone in a region in there. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind all that, it just makes finding us on the forum much more confusing.

"Hey, how do I find you guys on Pinside?"

Well, you go to "clubs", then go to "regions" then go to "locations" then go to ...

Thanks for moving it thus far, but It's going to be real interesting finding us after everything you say is going to happen happens to this thread, lol

#4170 10 years ago

It's confusing because an area to play/buy/enjoy pinball and announce tournaments is not a club. There just needs to be another section. It's not my website but just because I live in Tennessee doesn't mean I am part of a club. If I wanted to find some pinball to play out here why would I go to a "club" section? I would go to a Locations section. Club has always implied on this site you are part of something (i.e. members only for owning machines). We are far from members only in this thread. It's an open Tennessee forum for everyone for events, tournaments, and locations and buying/selling even.

#4184 10 years ago

Reminds me, I need to buy a Police Force again....

#4188 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Jason you are going to be at 100 pins in no time at this rate!

I need to find some money on the floor for that to happen though....and get World Cup up and going to get some more monies...

#4194 10 years ago

Erik, I have one....it's in Chattanooga right now but I purposely left it off because I don't want anyone messing with it but I do have one.

#4198 10 years ago

Free entry for the tournament for Star Trek at the launch party on Saturday Oct 26. All you will need is to pay the cover (normal $10)

We plan on being open until at least 10pm that night.

Received the prizes this week, a pretty bad ass plaque to the winner and numerous translites and goodies for everyone that enters and plays in the tournament. Should be our biggest tournament yet with all the goods that Stern provided. Thanks to Larry for getting all of this setup for us!

#4200 10 years ago

williams: 1.

It's Stern rules. You guys will see what I had to deal with in the Stern tournaments. At least you get to play the game a few weeks earlier. My tournaments at Bumpernets were try and practice the 1 hr beforehand when they put the game out and people have their kids just cutting in line constantly. No one knows the rules and it's completely random who wins. I wish it was two weeks later on all their games, I knew the rules then, lol

So here is how part of those rules work:

Everyone gets 1 game:
Top 8 scores from that go into a sudden death playoff of 1 game.

Have fun with that, lol....

#4202 10 years ago

We will see if I can stop the streak myself this time around....

#4208 10 years ago

So is Star Trek getting a code update before the launch party? I thought they would've put out an update for expo this weekend.

Haven't heard anything, nothing up on the site though.

#4210 10 years ago

Crash, do you have a link to the common things that go wrong for high voltage sections on DMDs for Data East?

One problem we have is the "intermittent flashing" for Guns N Roses

Jeff has a problem where his DMD and any replacement DMD have nothing being displayed for Royal Rumble.

#4215 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Flashing may be a bad ribbon cable. Did you swap it with another game?

I swapped another display in the same game, but did not swap the cable itself

#4217 10 years ago

Just put a different Radical than before back on the floor.

#4224 10 years ago

It is going to be a packed house Saturday, we have a bunch of fighting game tournaments going on at the same time, lol!

#4226 10 years ago

Looks good. Should be on PinWiki.

#4228 10 years ago

Clive at Coin-OP Cauldron said the flickering display isssue is down to the power supply on Guns N Roses. Does that sound right? Should I just get another power supply?

#4234 10 years ago

williams: 7pm Saturday it starts, going by Stern rules so you get one game. Top 8 scores go to a final round. Winner from that.

Top player gets translite and plaque, 2nd and 3rd get translites....lots of other random goodies to give away though, everyone gets something for entering.

Free entry. Just pay the cover charge to the arcade.

#4237 10 years ago

Erik, if you find it somewhere on the web let us know.

#4238 10 years ago

Black Rose is back, shopped out and better than ever thanks to Mike Chestnut! We still need a Gear Box however or we will never have the cannon working properly =/

There is also a Shadow at the arcade that Mike has repaired as well so you guys FINALLY get to play a Shadow.

#4252 10 years ago

williams: you added an extra 10,000,000 to each of Mike and Joe's Finals scores, they actually did not have a 1 next to them. The early round scores are correct, I ended up in 4th, not 6th....

1 week later
#4265 10 years ago

$60 Harbor Freight tumbler style....

#4270 10 years ago

Blame that mall, the owners are just lost. We would have gladly come back but they thought we were rolling in it after wasting our time and opened up that other place....*shrug*, is what it is.

#4273 10 years ago

Congrats to Will!

Crash, it is just a shame but I feel bad for the merchants who were hoodwinked by the mall. They really are a piece of work.

#4276 10 years ago

I should have learned my lesson trying to make posts on Pinside before outside of this thread, wow. It's always going to be like I am in some middle school cafeteria.

#4277 10 years ago

By the way guys, Fish Tales is back! (Erik, it's the one I bought from you awhile ago)

HOW BIG WAS IT?

Complete with cheating lightning flippers!

#4280 10 years ago

Thank Mike Chestnut for getting Black Rose back to normal. Now if we can only find that gearbox for the cannon....

#4283 10 years ago

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com

We have been open in Nashville 5 years so far, two other locations in Alabama and Tennessee.

Got around 115 machines in my location, running free play by the hour or all day, alcohol thing is something spoken about and probably going to be in East Nashville if we move there in 2014.

We host pinball tournaments each month. We host fighting game tournaments each month, we have all day specials, larger scaled tournaments 2 or 3 times a year. All the newest Stern pinballs and classic arcades and newer fighting game and console sections, and we are also a hybrid game store.....probably around 62-63 pins in the place right now.

There is also an arcade/drive in theatre opening in Murfreesboro in the next year and a half or so that will have 800+ arcade machines but that is still in the process....

#4284 10 years ago

jpaschel: Are you guys just looking for a partner with the bar thing for pins? That is the one idea I was talking about where I already have the machines but need someone to do the bar and get the building. Believe me when I say I probably have access to every arcade machine you would want and most of the pins but I am just talking out loud at this point, it has been discussed with another local business owner as well since the investment for the machines is actually more than the bar/alcohol sans the building itself but it all depends on area/rental, what you have to bring to the table or what you think you would be able to get...

Did you plan on buying all the pins or bringing your own or just looking for someone to leave those at a bar? It's hard to find anyone willing to do that out here. I use my collection for this so people can play the games....

#4287 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Whoa when did this come up? Where did you hear about it?

The gentleman opening the drive-in in Murfreesboro is planning on it....

#4292 10 years ago

I can tell you that unlike the Pacific Northwest pinball is not a hotbed down here unless you get the right spot. With that said you also can't get distributors to come in here and put down pinballs on location. Just does not happen, especially if you are looking for Sterns and AAA Williams/Bally stuff.

Most of the bars here have Silver Strike/Golden Tee/Buck Hunter stuff.

I am more than willing to listen to any type of proposition on a bar not as a partnership but as something where it benefits me for the type of return on investment. 50K in machines with maintaining them is a lot especially if it is not known if the place will do well.

We charge flat fees to play pinballs here and have a handful at 25 cents and 50 cents (Ac/Dc, Metallica, X-Men, Star Trek) and even with that being said there is little return on investment there...

I am not sure if the "barcade" was really a Ground Kontrol thing, I mean, there have been arcades with pinball/arcades before the alcohol since arcades started getting big in the early 80s....

We don't really have ODs come in my place.....but then again I am not in East Nashville, areas are different..that area is what you refer to as being gentrified.

#4293 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

First I heard of this, and would be neat if it happens (800 games?!? I can't even imagine that) but honestly it sounds like the longest of longshots.

He already has 800 games....and he has the funds....I've sold a plethora of classics to him, that is why I ended up with more pins.

#4295 10 years ago

I can tell you he doesn't need to get loans...he's already got a bunch of companies and the machines so it really just depends on if he goes through with it with all the red tape....

#4298 10 years ago

There's a T2 for $1800 up as well....

#4303 10 years ago

To celebrate our 5th Anniversary on Friday Nov 15, all day play is $5 from open to close at Game Galaxy!

#4310 10 years ago

The nicest Monopoly I have ever seen that was HUO just showed up at the arcade today; we had to place it in storage for now until we can make room for some stuff.....but we'll be keeping it at the arcade and is beyond gorgeous.

1 week later
#4317 10 years ago

I know a lot of you were sick of playing the pins near the windows, so we moved them to the back of the arcade.

That would be Fun House, Hurricane, Rollergames, Judge Dredd, Getaway, and Black Rose.

Congo should be at the arcade tomorrow.

1 week later
#4326 10 years ago

I won't be there. I actually was planning on entering but something came up....

#4341 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Thanks I would love an invite to play Predator!! I'm in Rome, GA

And Hook and Back to the Future at Northgate Mall, which both work again. Yay.

#4342 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Chattanooga Game Galaxy has virtually nothing pin-wise. It's 2 miles from my house, and despite getting super excited about it being there, I've gone 4 times since they opened. There used to be 4 pins, with GoldenEye, Hurricane, Hook, and Back to the Future. Then they started disappearing, with nothing new coming in. Jason said he won't be bringing any more to us because there's nobody local to work on/watch them. Granted, I've seen the kids abusing them and wouldn't dare put my pins out in public if that's the way the 'public' treats them, but it's still disappointing. The last time I went there was just Hook and Back to the Future, and neither was properly working.

They are working fine now, Back to the Future had a flipper rebuild added to it last Saturday. Hook has been up and running for awhile.

The other reason why it makes no sense to bring pins there (besides the abuse and the obvious "no one to work on them mantra" is because even NEWER pins have to be babysat. Balls getting stuck all the time, things breaking, even on newer Stern stuff. I was thinking about it and I can't honestly say I would feel confident bringing ANYTHING to some of these places because we just can't keep an eye on them.

I will say this, in Birmingham a group of guys get together and help clean/fix the issues on the local pins up at Bumpernets if need be. They do that for their league, etc. Now I am not saying you guys should all be doing that, but if someone decides to "take care" of the machines for me, I would be more apt to put a couple of $2000-4000 machines at the Chattanooga location.

I still don't see a win situation since that place makes $100-200 Monday-Thursday and maybe $200-500 on Friday/Sat/Sunday. You be the judge when you realize those are the numbers and we do come and fix things, but it's difficult when stuff breaks the day after we leave after we fix other stuff and can't get down there for two more weeks. At least the pins work right now, lol

#4346 10 years ago

There's also Scott in Ringgold and Kevin Stone up on the mountain but there probably has to be some type of "gathering" and notice to get everyone out of their cubbyholes. Scott has a lot of pins. Hook came from him, so did Goldeneye, Dr. Who, one of the Shadows, two Draculas, etc. I've picked up a TON of pins from the guy, all in Chattanooga....ask Sasquatch about him, he knows him very well =)

Dale has to run a business and yes, at who knows per price per hour to charge, it would not even make sense....the other thing is a lot of times we know our own machines better than other people, so if something is "fixed" but still not fixed correctly, we're going to be upset If we have to go down there after paying XXX amount for someone else to mess with the machines....

Hurricane was long overdue and is finally getting fixed hopefully in the next week. The Ferris Wheel was taken apart and we put a new pully on it, but someone worked on this before and there are stripped screws and things missing....we'll see what we can conjure up.

I look at it this way, you're 90 minutes away from access to a ton of pinballs. Technically you have Chattanooga Pinball within 15 miles...if I didn't open this arcade myself, I'd be saying the same thing, as Dale just has those games open to play but I am not sure how he would feel if people came in all the time playing for free, lol

#4347 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm with you Jason, Hook has given us more trouble than any other pin we own.

Goodness yes. Data East games FTL. They were trouble even back when they were new. I witnessed all of this firsthand. Jurassic Park was no 1 in issues when it came out when I was a teenager...

#4350 10 years ago

We're not in the line of any storm here so we should be fine for Saturday and Sunday I would think.

Anyone have any idea on who can work on a pinball for touch up on major wear spots down to wood? I have a Comet that I just got that needs it bad.

#4352 10 years ago

Erik, I won't have Cyclone until Monday, and it's not shopped....it's going to need new ramps and all that so who knows when it will be ready.

#4362 10 years ago

williams: we turned down the slingshot speed in the menu. I still don't understand why no one told beat em up, he had the key to the game and got the ball out after Matt told me about it...

#4364 10 years ago

Reminds me, I have TWO pinballs now I can trade: The Shadow, and Star Trek Next Generation. Star Trek needs a shop out, and I ordered a rubber kit, and diskoboy is working on the shooter spring, so that's at the arcade right now...It works but we are finalizing the opto board possibly in the trough area and that. Display looks good.

Shadow is working 100%, both of these are at Game Galaxy but they are both in players' condition but have more "care" than that.

I am looking for anything from this list:
Police Force
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Checkpoint
Batman The Dark Knight
Pirates of the Carribean
Xenon
Spy Hunter
Elektra

I will trade up/down/sideways for these pins depending on value but that is what I am looking for, so spread the word as I now have two pretty decent titles for trade available. If no bites, then Star Trek will stay at the arcade for awhile.

#4366 10 years ago

Keys for nearly every pinball are at the arcade now just in case of stuck balls. Beat em up sees us use the PlayStation controller with the Star Trek set of keys all the time when we play it, he knows for sure= ) But yes, if there is an issue, let him know. X-Men "might" be the only one that I have the only set of keys to on me...

#4368 10 years ago

We're going to have to move things around in and out of the arcade as Hurricane is stuck in the back. Make way for Black Hole this week and Cyclone will be in the storage until the new ramps are available.

#4370 10 years ago

Looking good!

#4372 10 years ago

Most people don't. I know I don't, lol. I can respect a clean machine, I just don't want to own Lethal Weapon....

#4380 10 years ago

Chattanooga store is closing. Last day around January 6, 2014. Good thing I listened to my gut and didn't bring better stuff there...

mall needs spot for restrooms since Burlington Coat Factory took everything else....guess we'll be down to two again...

#4383 10 years ago

Crash: See Above and Above.

#4385 10 years ago

CBL have owned Northgate for awhile...not sure how long that is but I signed with CBL.

#4388 10 years ago

Crash, be my guest, I'll take any free advertising I can get.

#4389 10 years ago

Blondetall: I was right, it was a little while....about a year and a half before we moved in:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/22/cbl-buying-northgate-mall/

#4392 10 years ago

Ac/DC, X-Men, Metallica, and Star Trek are pay to play. Star Trek is 50 cents, AC/DC and the others are 25 cents each though I am probably raising the cost of all those after tomorrow...it will be cheaper with "multiple" plays type deal but I'll look into it tomorrow.

Crash, you know you want to sell me that Jurassic Park and Police Force =)

#4394 10 years ago

Crash: If I had one I'd put it there, lol

#4396 10 years ago

Crash: I've seen and purchased worse lol

#4399 10 years ago

Erik, that Cyclone we just put up is seriously the nastiest one I have ever seen, lol...it is going to be an easy 20+ hours getting that thing up. It won't even turn on!

#4401 10 years ago

Erik, if you want Rocky and Bullwinkle you can make me an offer, but I have a replacement display...always had spares of those =)

#4403 10 years ago

myork: Cyclone needs to be dipped in bleach.

#4406 10 years ago

myork: Yep, it's pretty gross..

#4408 10 years ago

Black Hole is fine, it had some weird flipper issue but it is ok for now, the game was already shopped. I really can't do much with Cyclone until those ramps are available.

#4411 10 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle has been sold. Who knows what we will be adding to the floor eventually?

#4413 10 years ago

Erik directed me to one of the ramps until the new ones are made so we can sort of "start" on the game. We should be getting a Paragon to shop..

Paragon, Comet, Cyclone, part of Dr. Who, and Star Trek TNG when it comes back from repair are all on the agenda...I am overloaded in rubber kits right now....

#4415 10 years ago

Matt: If only you had the stuff I need to trade =) Crash actually DOES but if I have a feeling even if I offered him Star Trek for Police Force he'd turn it down...(not saying I would do that but they don't get rid of their pins over there =P)

#4418 10 years ago

Erik, we haven't started. It was actually at the arcade when you stopped by yesterday. If you want to see it, be my guest, lol....she's a "beauty" =)

#4420 10 years ago

Crash: I was talking Star Trek Next Gen, not the Stern one..

#4423 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do you buy old empty cabinets? We're parting out arcade machines (not pins) and didn't know if you or anyone else local wants a couple cabinets. They're rough, spraypainted conversions that may or may not have coin doors, marquees, and bezels but I know there's a restoration market. I can let them go for maybe $30 each, else they're going to the dumpster because we need the space.

We usually just buy cabinets with stuff in them. I don't mind buying actual conversions, but empties we stay away from.....

#4426 10 years ago

Most people will buy empty cabinets to MAME or Multicade so yes, they do have "some" value but they need to be more than just bare wood sometimes....we've never had a problem giving stuff on Craig's List away if they come to us but we do sell empty cabinets for MAME/Multicade from time to time....we tend to get rid of them pretty quickly when we have a chance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Trade
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dreamtr. You are on page 4 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreamtr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/4?tu=dreamtr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.