tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 119.
#3651 10 years ago

Matt we freaking gotta plan a visit to Mike's when he gets his WOZ. That video's going to be awesome. Someone on the forum even suggested an angle of the crystal ball, only issue is its designed to face the player so that may not be possible. But on still curious how the crystal ball video interface board works.

#3652 10 years ago

Adding Mousin' Around to list of stuff for sale...

#3653 10 years ago

clear it out

#3654 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Matt we freaking gotta plan a visit to Mike's when he gets his WOZ. That video's going to be awesome. Someone on the forum even suggested an angle of the crystal ball, only issue is its designed to face the player so that may not be possible. But on still curious how the crystal ball video interface board works.

I talked to him tonight and forgot to ask if he has heard anything on a delivery date. I need to get over there and work on Junkyard but as usual i'm covered up! Got a new pin and have had some jetski trouble that I had to rectify by tomorrow.

Got a few things done to AC/DC! Got the ball eject protector cliffy, shooter lane protector installed, shaker motor, red legs, laseriffic bass drum, and the premium train. That was scary yanking the left ramp off on my brand new pin!!! Don't scratch it, don't scratch it! I've been talking to pbl the past few days about getting the premium lockbar receiver so I can install the premium lock bar and rails I got from Erik. Turns out Stern is out of stock!!! Luckily Marco had one, but damn I had to pay for it. $80 shipped!!! Guess thats better than a shiny red paper weight! I'm going to order a ton of pinball bulbs leds tomorrow to led the gi's and a pinball pro speaker setup. I want it to ROCK!!!!! Planning on installing hemi's bell mod also if I have time.

#3655 10 years ago

He has not gotten the call yet from Jack.

#3656 10 years ago

Fixed Judge Dredd and WH2O yesterday.

I'm still baffled as to why JD is still spitting out two balls after you lock the first ball. My guess is a bad ROM chip, as the trough optos were cleaned, and the balls demagnetized.

#3657 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

welp T2 is sold.....now on the hunt for BSD!

Fatsquatch here on pinside has a BSD he may be willing to sell. I've been considering picking up his WH2O in a trade with my LOTR and he mentioned BSD as well. He is in TN.

#3658 10 years ago

What was wrong with White Water?

#3659 10 years ago

Right Flipper.

#3660 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Fatsquatch here on pinside has a BSD he may be willing to sell. I've been considering picking up his WH2O in a trade with my LOTR and he mentioned BSD as well. He is in TN.

is that the guy with the shadow,BSD,WH20 and a ice cold beer?

#3661 10 years ago

Yes, and now he has an AC/DC also. I still need to go see it. I think my mom bought the rest of his collection over the past year.

#3662 10 years ago

I was out Opry way today and stopped by the hotel. World Poker Tour is down for the count and missing its DMD. Grand Old Golf has replaced Royal Rumble with Pirates of the Caribbean.

#3663 10 years ago

Grand Old Golf sold Royal Rumble ages ago. That Pirates used to be at Toots. Same guy runs the same route. He also owns a Spider-Man.

#3664 10 years ago

Stopped by GG today to play Metallica. Pretty fun. Seems like it needs some deeper software. Enjoyed it though.

Right flipper on Demo Man is weak/chattering. Everything else worked great.

Remember, tournament next Saturday!

#3665 10 years ago

That Demo Man thing must be new.....I played it the other day and it was fine...will check it tomorrow.

#3666 10 years ago

williams: I checked the flipper on Demo Man this morning, it works fine. I think what happened was you were not using the triggers. I only use the triggers in the game, and there are 0 issues. When you use the "flipper" traditional button it seems to have the symptoms you were talking about, so that must be related to the button itself because the flipper acts normal like before when using the triggers (the way the game has to be played anyone for maximum points).

#3667 10 years ago

im dis connecting those flipper buttons to force everyone to use the grips if u let me

#3668 10 years ago

Aaron and I were suspicious that using the flipper buttons robbed them of power, all of a sudden I was missing ramp shots and couldn't really explain why.

#3669 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

williams: I checked the flipper on Demo Man this morning, it works fine. I think what happened was you were not using the triggers. I only use the triggers in the game, and there are 0 issues. When you use the "flipper" traditional button it seems to have the symptoms you were talking about, so that must be related to the button itself because the flipper acts normal like before when using the triggers (the way the game has to be played anyone for maximum points).

Dirty optos on the flipper mechs maybe?

Quoted from GoldenOreos:

im dis connecting those flipper buttons to force everyone to use the grips if u let me

Kids these days...

#3670 10 years ago

Trigger Combos = double your points at bonus...

I have not used the flipper buttons in years, so that could very well have happened ages ago but none of us would know because you aren't playing the game to its full capabilities....

Regardless the game works fine with triggers and that is how it is supposed to be played....

I am more concerned about Baby Pac-Man with the stuck left Flipper (calling you Crash on this one, we put a new coil in but it may need a transistor....the game is now in Antioch

#3671 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am more concerned about Baby Pac-Man with the stuck left Flipper (calling you Crash on this one, we put a new coil in but it may need a transistor....the game is now in Antioch

Is the coil stuck on or is the flipper binding mechanically? Like other 80s games the flippers are driven directly by the cabinet switches rather than using transistors (Data East introduced solid state flippers that use transistors in 1990). If the flipper drops when you turn the power off then check your left flipper button switch.

#3672 10 years ago

Probably is the button switch then. Will check into it today, thanks Crash! It stays on as soon as you press it once when you get to the pinball mode.

#3673 10 years ago

Then it's electrical. Should be something simple, may need to replace cabinet and EOS switches.

#3674 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Yes, and now he has an AC/DC also. I still need to go see it. I think my mom bought the rest of his collection over the past year.

Heh. She's certainly bought the majority of the games I've sold over the last year or so.

#3675 10 years ago

Fatsquatch- did you see my party thread? I had everyone over yesterday for a cookout and tournament. I should have invited you too. We'll have to do it again on a non-holiday day.

One of the guys here has a South Park that I was looking at during the Atl Pinswap, and he offered to trade it for RFM or Pinball Magic. Mom had a hissy. "Oh hell no, there's no way he's touching my Pinball Magic! Nobody is ever getting it!!" (Insert additional 'from my cold dead hands' rant here.) RFM died during the tourament yesterday and froze up, so we've got to poke around on it, but it's still not going anywhere. We're trying to eventually get a SWE1 playfield to swap too.

I've still got to find time to get to the big Game Galaxy, especially since everything in Chatt seems to be for sale. If/when these machines are sold, would more be sent to replace them?

#3676 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Then it's electrical. Should be something simple, may need to replace cabinet and EOS switches.

Brandon says he already checked that before and the EOS looks fine he said. I don't know for sure until he relooks at it Thursday.....

#3677 10 years ago

blondetall: Only 3 of the machines in Chattanooga are for sale and since interest is so low in them they are probably staying there.

If they do sell I would bring different ones, yes.

I can tell you that since I can't keep an eye on the machines myself it is highly unlikely that any premium pins would ever be sent that way, though....

#3678 10 years ago

Yeah, I knew BTTF wasn't for sale. I was at Sears last weekend and walked by to see if Goldeneye was still there because I thought a few people were interested in it, and saw it was there and the DMD was sorta working. I just looked through the windows because I was in a hurry and didn't go in though. I'm just happy to see any pins at all in the area, and after watching a family come in and let their kids hang off the plungers, there's no way I could put my pins out for public use.

#3679 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Fatsquatch- did you see my party thread? I had everyone over yesterday for a cookout and tournament. I should have invited you too. We'll have to do it again on a non-holiday day.

Yeah, I saw it last night. Looked like a good time! Feel free to always throw a pinvite my way.

Quoted from blondetall:

One of the guys here has a South Park that I was looking at during the Atl Pinswap, and he offered to trade it for RFM or Pinball Magic. Mom had a hissy. "Oh hell no, there's no way he's touching my Pinball Magic! Nobody is ever getting it!!"

Hehe. I'm so very glad that machine went to a good home.

Quoted from blondetall:

RFM died during the tourament yesterday and froze up, so we've got to poke around on it, but it's still not going anywhere.

Have you turned it back on after letting it sit for a good while? If so, did it run alright?

#3680 10 years ago

What happened to the whole Flintstones deal? He traded it towards Metallica. Missed out on a great looking game!

#3681 10 years ago

RFM froze up while they were practicing/we were cooking. We turned it off while eating, then I played a game before the tournament and it did fine, and 2 games later it froze up again. So we took it out of competition and shut it down. I'm going to try it again when I get home, after being off for 24 hours. It hasn't been an issue before, and all the machines are on different breakers in that room, so not sure what the problem was.

Crash- We were supposed to go look at his Flintstones on a Sunday, and while I was at work the day before I got a call from mom that she had looked on eBay and realized the guy we got our JP and TAF from had one, called him, and got it shipped in from Cali for cheaper than what DreamTR was asking for his. I was a little sad, because I wanted to see the big arcade with tons of pins, but it's my mom's machine/money/time so I don't really have a say in what she does. So she has her Flintsontes (and TAF and PM all in her bedroom actually) and loves it, and I'm glad he was able to swap his towards a Metallica.

#3682 10 years ago

I've been tempted to stick T2 in my bedroom since it seems all I get on it are tire kickers!! Roll out of bed and fire up some pinball first thing. Seems normal right?

#3683 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I've been tempted to stick T2 in my bedroom since it seems all I get on it are tire kickers!! Roll out of bed and fire up some pinball first thing. Seems normal right?

there was a guy trying to buy my T2 but i had this other guy that called first but he seemed very interested, i can give you his # if you want to give em a call.

#3684 10 years ago

Sure shoot me a pm with his info.

#3685 10 years ago

Hey everyone, just another incessant reminder that we're having a league tournament this weekend. Moving back to the first weekend of the month with this one.

There's a theme for this month's games. See if you can spot it.

Metallica
AC/DC
Tommy
Guns N Roses (Could someone adjust the pop bumper switches on this? Doing that and cleaning the scoop switch made a world of difference on my Data East.)

Alternates: Getaway (plays ZZ Top) and CFTBL (plays 50's rock)

Here's a Metallica rulesheet if you haven't had a chance to play it yet. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet

As always, thanks for spreading the word and if you have any suggestions on how to make the league better please let me know.

See you Saturday at 2:00 if not before!

#3686 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Hey everyone, just another incessant reminder that we're having a league tournament this weekend. Moving back to the first weekend of the month with this one.
Metallica
AC/DC
Tommy
Guns n Roses (Could someone adjust the pop bumper switches on this? Doing that and cleaning the scoop switch made a world of difference on my Data East.)
Here's a Metallica rulesheet if you haven't had a chance to play it yet. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet
As always, thanks for spreading the word and if you have any suggestions on how to make the league better please let me know.

Can anyone join the league and play in the tournament? Have not ever been to one but I would like to start.

#3687 10 years ago

Yup, fee is $10 cover $10 entry. Results are submitted to the IFPA. And because there are so few players in the state of Tennessee (just us) we are all considered top players, and have an advantage compared to playing in the Bay Area for example.

#3688 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Metallica
AC/DC
Tommy
Guns n Roses (Could someone adjust the pop bumper switches on this? Doing that and cleaning the scoop switch made a world of difference on my Data East.)

Have to see if Brandon or Mike can do that....only person I know who has adjusted Data East pop switches is Rob. If it is easy, Brandon can do it, but just direct him in case there is anything "tricky" about it.

#3689 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

RFM froze up while they were practicing/we were cooking. We turned it off while eating, then I played a game before the tournament and it did fine, and 2 games later it froze up again. So we took it out of competition and shut it down. I'm going to try it again when I get home, after being off for 24 hours. It hasn't been an issue before, and all the machines are on different breakers in that room, so not sure what the problem was.
Crash- We were supposed to go look at his Flintstones on a Sunday, and while I was at work the day before I got a call from mom that she had looked on eBay and realized the guy we got our JP and TAF from had one, called him, and got it shipped in from Cali for cheaper than what DreamTR was asking for his. I was a little sad, because I wanted to see the big arcade with tons of pins, but it's my mom's machine/money/time so I don't really have a say in what she does. So she has her Flintsontes (and TAF and PM all in her bedroom actually) and loves it, and I'm glad he was able to swap his towards a Metallica.

One thing to note about pins, that Flintstones was by far the prettiest one ever with Cointaker LEDs. A lot of stuff depends on what it looks like and what has been done to it. By far it was one of the prettiest machines I ever had so you have to take that into consideration with price and I got what I asked for it....this is why a lot of times a "cheaper" pin may actually cost more money if you are not able to compare the two and play before purchasing....

#3690 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Yeah, I knew BTTF wasn't for sale. I was at Sears last weekend and walked by to see if Goldeneye was still there because I thought a few people were interested in it, and saw it was there and the DMD was sorta working. I just looked through the windows because I was in a hurry and didn't go in though. I'm just happy to see any pins at all in the area, and after watching a family come in and let their kids hang off the plungers, there's no way I could put my pins out for public use.

DMD issue has been solved, we put one with a line out but the issue was a connector attachment to a board, but the game does not have the DMD issue it had before where it just "stopped" working.

You said it though, kids hanging on the plungers; and the guy that came in here upset that Addams Family was not in Huntsville anymore and assumed the store was "closing" because it was not there anymore really doesn't understand unless he put his own machines on location and see what happens.....

With that said, Addams Family is almost ready to come back to Game Galaxy Antioch looking VERY different, working 100%, and has a new center ramp among other things. Well worth the money to get the Mike Chestnut treatment, that is for sure.

#3691 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

One thing to note about pins, that Flintstones was by far the prettiest one ever with Cointaker LEDs. A lot of stuff depends on what it looks like and what has been done to it. By far it was one of the prettiest machines I ever had so you have to take that into consideration with price and I got what I asked for it....this is why a lot of times a "cheaper" pin may actually cost more money if you are not able to compare the two and play before purchasing....

Oh yeah, I know condition is key. Everyone said yours was gorgeous and I wanted to see it, but she does what she wants. (Just ask Fatsquatch. Lol.) Hers is nice and we've added some mods to it, but it was definitely used before she got it.

#3692 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Have to see if Brandon or Mike can do that....only person I know who has adjusted Data East pop switches is Rob. If it is easy, Brandon can do it, but just direct him in case there is anything "tricky" about it.

I can do that :p (just too bad the rest of the machine doesn't work now) :p

Sucks I'll miss another tournament. Really digging the theme of this one too.

#3693 10 years ago

AC/DC Pro-mium?????? I've gone long enough..... Its time for LEDs! Mirrorblades are on the way also! Now if I could just get the SDTM issue lined out. Its pretty bad currently Its not from the bell shot either its when the ball feeds out of the pop bumpers.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#3694 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Everyone said yours was gorgeous and I wanted to see it, but she does what she wants. (Just ask Fatsquatch. Lol.)

That made me think of this:

#3695 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Super easy. Two screws remove the switch, adjust it like any other. The little plastic 'spoon' will come off also and I'd clean that with some Novus 1 or Windex just to get the dust off.

#3696 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Can anyone join the league and play in the tournament? Have not ever been to one but I would like to start.

Absolutely! We have a wide range of skill levels but the main goal is just to have some fun and meet other players in the area. You're guaranteed to play at least 8 games as part of the tournament and part of your entry fee goes directly to the arcade so you can play pinball all day as well.

Hope you make it out!

#3697 10 years ago

I should be able to make it out, looking forward to it!

#3698 10 years ago

I will now def be at the Saturday Tourny, just had to make sure I had someone to watch my daughter. Looking forward to meeting others in the Nashville area.

#3699 10 years ago

My dad and I are coming down Saturday, looking forward to meeting you guys! Matt, Blondetall are you coming?

#3700 10 years ago

I have a Metallica Pro NIB and an AC/DC Premium NIB I can bring Saturday for someone

[email protected]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 29.99
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.