tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 119.
#3851 10 years ago

Good luck to anyone playing Sopranos. Apparently that game has been played for ages with it being "flat" and slow. No more of that =)

#3852 10 years ago

Elvira's coming together, got most of the lower playfield done. And did I mention I hate broken posts and spinning tee nuts?

fr_577.jpgfr_577.jpgfr_578.jpgfr_578.jpgfr_579.jpgfr_579.jpgfr_580.jpgfr_580.jpg

#3853 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Crash, do you have a High Speed manual?
High Speed is now up and running at the arcade. New displays have been put in...

I am going to Atlanta on Saturday to pick up a High Speed. I bought it for $750. It will be interesting to see what issues I may run in to. I'll start a post later this weekend once I get her home and check it out.

#3854 10 years ago

It's coming along! Just waiting on some rubbers and hardware.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3855 10 years ago

Elvira is looking good

#3856 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Between 4.8 and 5.4 on the flipper I would say is typical.

I finally got around to testing the flipper coil. It basically measured the same as the left flipper so I think that is fine. I tried testing the transistor on board unsuccessfully. Is there a diode which I need to test also? I don't see one around the flipper area but could be missing something.

Also, I have a guy from CL add which I responded to who says we will change out the transistors for $50 at my house. That sounds pretty reasonable to me but would like to get your thoughts.

#3857 10 years ago

Elvira looks great Crash!

I'm possibly bringing home a Black Hole and Xenon this weekend! Those are two bucket list pins I wanted to own for a bit just because they look so badass lit up!

#3858 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I finally got around to testing the flipper coil. It basically measured the same as the left flipper so I think that is fine. I tried testing the transistor on board unsuccessfully. Is there a diode which I need to test also? I don't see one around the flipper area but could be missing something.
Also, I have a guy from CL add which I responded to who says we will change out the transistors for $50 at my house. That sounds pretty reasonable to me but would like to get your thoughts.

Crash knows a lot more about that type of stuff than I do. It could be anything at this point, an End of Stroke switch not touching right to save the coil?

#3859 10 years ago

From what I've read the transistor is most likely bad so that is going to be my main thing at this point.

#3860 10 years ago

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your coils if you're getting correct readings. Jason the game uses solid state flippers and relies on a timed driver circuit to switch from high power to lower power to make a stroke. There are EOS switches involved (probably) but they are mainly low voltage switches used to let the CPU know if a fast ball knocks the flipper bat down, requiring a second pulsing of high voltage. It's your transistors, I would look up the exact part number, study the data sheet, then look for a more robust replacement. Voltage rating will be the same, current rating should be higher.

#3861 10 years ago

Crash, we have something similar happening to our Tron, it is blowing the F8 fuse and part of the bracket for the right flipper came off. Brandon says it is not hitting the EOS switch....he knows more about that but our Tron is dead for awhile because of it

#3862 10 years ago

Just a quick reminder about the tournament this weekend - Saturday at 2:00pm!

If anyone wants to spread the word via Facebook that would be great.

#3863 10 years ago

Well I can't speak for Stern games since I don't work on them but the EOS switch has not been crucial ever since Data East introduced their electronic flippers in 1989. Same thing with Sega, and I assume the same thing with Stern. But knowing Stern's never-ending BS quality issues it could be something entirely different. It's highly unlikely the coil bracket breaking is related to F8 blowing. The board/circuit controlling the flippers is locking on the high power and not automatically switching to low like it should. I don't know if that's a driver board thing or if Stern still uses the seperate flipper PCB (and if that's the case hopefully not under the playfield)

#3864 10 years ago

Mom and I won't be at the tournament on Saturday, but I am having my parents over to play pinball since my poor mom paid for my NGG and still hasn't even seen it. Plus I've invited VolunteerPin to stop by if he's in the area with his pin run, and Fatsquatch is invited if he can make it, so it has the potential to be a nice little pin gathering. Sadly I think I'm the biggest private collection in the Chatt area now with the 6 at my house.

Wiliams- I'll send you our scores so you can rank us! (Just kidding.)

#3865 10 years ago

Washed the ramps today and wow... they turned out even better than the Addams Family ones! They weren't nearly as dirty either. Again they look brand new aside from the usual scuffs and scratches. The only breakage is a small crack and chip in the Monster Slide entrance.

// Error: Image 115372 not found //

Also, the smoky haze on the underside of the decals came off quite well.

// Error: Image 115374 not found // // Error: Image 115375 not found // // Error: Image 115376 not found //

#3866 10 years ago

blondetall: I know someone with at least 20 pins out there, all DMDs and nice...there are other collectors, they are just not on pinside as much

#3867 10 years ago

Review of the day from Hailey C. on foursquare:

Game Galaxy Antioch, TN · 3 weeks ago

Do not waste time going to Game Galaxy unless your kids r into old pinball games. Needless to say our 8 yr old was very diappointed!

#3868 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Do not waste time going to Game Galaxy unless your kids r into old pinball games. Needless to say our 8 yr old was very diappointed!

Problem?

#3869 10 years ago

Yeah I don't even know what she was expecting; we aren't trying to be Chuck E. Cheese. It was actually a compliment.

#3870 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

blondetall: I know someone with at least 20 pins out there, all DMDs and nice...there are other collectors, they are just not on pinside as much

They need to speak up occasionally and make friends. I'm sure there are plenty around but I really don't know of any except the guys on here and Dale's showroom.

#3871 10 years ago

Didn't you say a redemption place was moving in the old Electronics Express building? Will be interesting to see how that works out.

#3872 10 years ago

Yes, the mall owns it, it is called "Global Pizza and Fun", it has bumper cars and some shitty redemption stuff. You can apply for a job on the second floor. They got everything from Betson. It is obviously their decision when they realized they were not getting the places in the mall they "think" they can get, so some of the businesses are owned by the owners of the actual mall. Pretty sneaky....

#3873 10 years ago

I can't even find it on Yelp lol... wonder who will rent the building next.

#3874 10 years ago

On one of the threads about the transistor issue they linked to a beefier transistor which I bought from pinbits (if I remember correctly). $2 each and no shipping. Nice. I found a local guy with 30 years experience who is going to come over for $50 and replace the transistors for me. I'm going to go ahead and replace both flipper transistors even though only the right screwed up now.

And, Blonde, I'm still trying to figure out if I'll have time to swing by. I'll be driving over nine hours total and still need to get back for a b-day party that evening.

#3875 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

it is called "Global Pizza and Fun"

SOLD! That is the best name for a business, ever.

#3876 10 years ago

Crash, it is not open yet, they are just "hiring" on the second floor in the mall for when they do open at the moment.

Williams: We should have just changed our name to Antioch Arcade and Action!

#3877 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came in to the tournament today!

I "think" Will won again...

#3878 10 years ago

My LOTR is up and running again. Had a guy come over and do a service call. Very nice guy named Bill. Had the transistors fixed up in a jiffy

#3879 10 years ago

I am bummed I missed the trny, it totally slipped my mind, thinks have been busy lately, trying to get closed on a house for my daughter and I (should know more later today) I went Saturday and put more down on my first pin (TAF) and can't wait to have it in our new house. So I'm going to try my best to make it to the Aug trny unless I'm moving that weekend.

#3880 10 years ago

Full tournament results coming soon, but Will McKinney took first, Jamie Weber took second, and Richard Rickman took third. Looks like about half of the players were new - hopefully word is spreading.

#3881 10 years ago

Word of caution: don't raise Elvira's skirt!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3882 10 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it to these past few tourneys. The one in June, I missed because I wanted a break.

The one this past weekend I missed on account of a death in the family. I had actually planned on going.

#3883 10 years ago

Elvira is done! And man, she looks great!! I'm trying to do better with every teardown. It's certainly been a great way for my Dad and I to spend some time together. He's a big Elvira fan and loves the game probably more than I do. We are going to try to bring it to HW Thursday. As of right now it's 100% playable and ready to go. The only things missing are the monster slide entrance plastic (which is coming overseas) and the BBQ decals. Waiting on sheet vinyl for that. And I actually stole a lamp PCB from under the playfield to attach to it and replaced that with an unused #44 socket from the coin door. Dastardly, no?

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3884 10 years ago

We're using PinballBulbs warm white LEDs in the GI and incandescents in the inserts. Really brings out the translite, especially since it has new glass. I think it looks even better than with incandescents. The cabinet isn't too bad either. I have Brett Davis to thank for the awesome displays and RisotOo from FlipperFrance for making the instruction cards.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3885 10 years ago

Oh and here is my monstrous high score.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3886 10 years ago

Elvira! Still my fav pin of all time.

#3887 10 years ago

Come down and play our stuff Jason! Frankenstein is next on the list and it shouldn't be long considering it's not a full blown project. It's going to Bonker's Pizza. Did you guys ever stop by there?

#3888 10 years ago

Hey guys! Just wanted to say I hope all is well with you all, and I'm pretty bummed I haven't been able to make it to the past few tournaments... My girlfriend and I actually had a baby boy 3 months ago, and have been living the magical ride that is parenthood (and by 'magical ride', I mean we're basically zombies now from the past few months of no sleep).

But, our son has hit a good stride of turning into a real human and not just a crying machine robot baby at this 3 month mark, so I'm hoping we may be able to even make a quick trip to Game Galaxy in the near future while we hand him off to the grandparents for a few hours!

P.S. - The new baby LOVES pinball. Torri and I sit him up against us on my TMNT while we play and he just watches in awe. He does love to put his feet in the way of your flipper view, but we don't blame him

#3889 10 years ago

Congratulations! Don't worry, you begin to get a few hours of sleep in about 6 to 8 months.

#3890 10 years ago

Crash: I only saw Bonkers, never stopped by, I might be able to come by in a couple of weeks, have Atlanta, Miami, and picking up 22 machines next week locally....going to be pretty busy....

#3891 10 years ago

Hold up a sec.....

22 machines!! Details man, is Jon(from Franklin) shutting down the pinball garage? Someone else liquidating an estate? Let's see a list, surely there are gonna be a few dupes you want to flip real quick. Hint, hint.....

#3892 10 years ago

Yes but you would fumble the flip.

#3893 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hold up a sec.....
22 machines!! Details man, is Jon(from Franklin) shutting down the pinball garage? Someone else liquidating an estate? Let's see a list, surely there are gonna be a few dupes you want to flip real quick. Hint, hint.....

I should have been more clear, 20 arcade machines, two pinballs. =)

I always pick up stuff from estate sales/random places, but I don't really post about them much..

Last stuff in is:
Escape from the Lost World (rubber kit just in, not sure of plans yet)
Meteor (pending next week, 1979 Stern, and will be for sale)
Harley Davidson Sega (pending next week) (might be going to Huntsville, why does this game keep coming up)
Space Invaders (pending next week, probably keeping this)

Even if Jon ever liquidated his stuff there is no way I have the bankroll for all that....
Space Invaders

#3894 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just in time! Pouring outside now. Come give her a spin!

#3895 10 years ago

I've read a lot about testing the sound on System 11 pins using the SW1 and maybe the SW0 switches. I've looked for them on my board but don't see them. Can someone post a photo of where I need to be looking to find it? I have music but no voice or sounds on my new HS project pin. This is my first time trying to do a significant amount of work on a pin and it is my first Sys 11 pin to own so I'm ignorant on a lot of different levels.

Thanks in advance for the help if someone can point me in the right direction.

Darin

#3896 10 years ago

Not familiar with early system11 boards but System11 B and C have test switches on the CPU board.

And Jason we have these Neo Geo carts for trade if interested. We would like Puzzle Bobble 1 or 2 if you have them as well as any other good non-fighting games (asking for suggestions). I think I have a couple more but not sure. I'll be up Saturday.

World Heroes 2
Fatal Fury 2
Burning Fight
Aero Fighters 2
Football Frenzy
Kabuki Klash
Fatal Fury

#3897 10 years ago

What time are you going to be at GG Crash. I'll be in the area........

#3898 10 years ago

About time! Lol. I'll be there around 2:00 probably. Erik will you be there? I need to stea... I mean "acquire" that coin door from you.

#3899 10 years ago

Hmm don't know if I will be down there that long. Just have to play it by ear

#3900 10 years ago

What's a better time? I can come earlier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Boards
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.