tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 119.
#3601 10 years ago

anybody here know how they have the stands setup at the papa tourneys for the recording part. prob going to try and make some sort of boom stand for a web cam or something to maybe record future tourneys here

#3602 10 years ago

I think they have overhead cameras but they are not attached to the machine. Mike and I simply rigged a ladder, cardboard box, 4ft power strip, and strapped my iPhone on top using rubber bands. Works pretty decent, nudging didn't bump or move the camera at all. Of course he has carpet in his man cave.

#3603 10 years ago

Here's a video I shot with a gopro hero 2 set at 720p and 60fps I just suction cupped it to the lock bar. A tad better angle would have been perfect!

#3604 10 years ago

Cool video Matt! There is this guy that literally plays Police Force ALL THE TIME. He just stands there and spams the ramp, stopping short of 100 million so the score won't roll to zero. It's crazy.
He's also responsible for 95% of the playfield dirt lol. I'm surprised there isn't just one huge line going up the center ramp.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3605 10 years ago

Two quick things.

1. Tournament tomorrow. Come kick my butt in Demolition Man. I've never played it before.

2. If anyone had a Pinball Life order coming up and would be willing to add a $6 part please PM me or talk to me tomorrow. Would really appreciate it!

#3606 10 years ago

Can't make it for this tourney unfortunately. I was planning on coming but I had something come up at work for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can make it in June.

Maybe all for the best, because I'm terrible at No Fear and Tron, and I haven't ever played Demolition Man. Addams Family is the only one I know well, but so does everyone else.

#3607 10 years ago

Not gonna make it tomorrow. Looks like the weather is going to be decent so I have work to do. Ah the joys of working six and seven days a week at my real job.

#3608 10 years ago

I like the tournament lineup. I will be in korntucky and will miss this one

#3609 10 years ago

We had a great time today at Game Galaxy. Didn't participate in this tournament, wanted to check out the new stuff. Really like Demolition Man, the gun handles are a different approach and give you a sense of control. Like the crane, really cool how you can drop the ball anywhere and choose an award. It plays great and has tasteful lighting.

I played Stargate a bit. It's cool, several toys for a Gottlieb game. DMD animations are top notch too. For some reason it gave me like 6 or 7 balls for a standard 3 ball game so it might have some trough switch problems. Flippers are a little weak too. It's a cool game but I couldn't really get into it with the ball problem. Maybe next time.

Chris's Party Zone is awesome, love that game! Pretty crazy, got all the way to Bing Bang and put up the GC on it. Regardless I still think I've seen this game at Discovery Zone when I was young, which is one reason I spent so much time playing it.

Also like the mini Neo Geo cab you got as well as the multicades. The multicade around back has monitor issues and the Neo Geo one needs adjustments too (mainly focus). Noticed you sold Flintstones, I'm guessing this will go towards Metallica or some other game? It's a really nice one.

Now the issues. Jason I mentioned the Tales from the Crypt sound issue, I reseated all the ROMs/chips on the sound board and the problem is still there. It's either a bad ROM chip or the board itself. I noticed there was a (PAL?) chip replaced on it before, and there's a weird jumper thing on the backside. Not sure what's going on there but might be related to your problem.

Also, looked at Judge Dredd and a couple of trough optos are flaky. Can't establish why, solder looks good. Might consider replacement opto boards since I've heard aftermarket ones are much more reliable. When I touched the transmitter board optos were registering so normal vibration would cause the same thing. I removed the 12V power connector to be sure it wasn't loose and for some reason that killed all 12V opto power in the game, so it's unplayable at the moment. I noticed the connector had some exposed wire, maybe that shorted against something and blew the 12V opto fuse I don't know.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dcs_tt.html

IMG_3390.JPGIMG_3390.JPG

#3610 10 years ago

Crash, thanks, I will order the one board correct?

#3611 10 years ago

Well that's just the emitter board. It's the one I had issues with, I think the emitters just get weak over the years. Anyone else have input? Should he get a receiver board as well?

#3612 10 years ago

Speaking of the issues on Judge Dredd, I hear the trough becoming magnetized can cause the game to have issues. I'm reading up more on it, but supposedly this helps...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449

And I've got a GLM opto-board in my TZ, and I can't heap enough praise on it. They seriously make great stuff. But Jason, you may want to check the opto boards from the Dredd I stripped before you start throwing money around. They still may be good.

#3613 10 years ago

Crash the stargate six or 7 ball thing is probably because the timed play feature is still on.

#3614 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for coming out to the tournament yesterday. We had a few new players this time - hopefully the word is spreading. We've probably had around 20 different players come out over that past few months, so please keep telling anyone you think may be interested.

Will McKinney beat Jamie Weber in a very close finals to win this tournament. David Lesko came in third. Will put up a 3+ billion game of DM during qualifying, and Jamie put up a 2+ billion game. Not bad for Game Galaxy just getting the machine. It plays like a dream.

Here's a link to the results. Game details are on the second page of the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfkMgns_1atdEt5MG9lZ0xIZXRLVU5CRnNPQWRIQWc&usp=sharing

Thanks to all for their suggestions about the league. The current scoring format that we've been using seems to be a hit, so we'll keep that for the foreseeable future. I'll revise the rules to clarify a few things but I think it's been running well so far. Thanks to all of you for taking it easy on me!

The next tournament will be on June 1st at 2:00 pm. When I pick the games, I try to get a diverse group; usually a DE, a newer Stern, etc. With the hopeful arrival of Metallica soon, I'm going with this theme (Games subject to change).

Guns N Roses
Tommy (may sub with Getaway if the trough issues persist)
AC/DC
Metallica

Thanks again everyone - see you on the 1st (if not before when Metallica comes in!)

#3615 10 years ago

Here's that video of me getting Big Bang in Party Zone, it's the last game.

#3616 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I was at the Kingsport auction so let me chime in....
There were no "power supply issues", the company next door took our outlets and as predicted didn't bring an electrician as promised before they did this so 25 of the pins were out.
I am here today and I got some of the stuff up on temporary areas but until these guys next door bring an electrician (they are taking over part of our space) we can't do anything unfortunately.
We didn't even know this was happening until Friday (of course I was in Kingsport) so it sucks you came all the way down here but to appease the issues we priced everything at $6 instead of $10 all day for Saturday because of that issue.

Yeah, it was still a great time with my kids and I thought it was very fair that you adjusted the price. Hopefully I'll be up that way again later in the fall.

#3617 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yeah, it was still a great time with my kids and I thought it was very fair that you adjusted the price. Hopefully I'll be up that way again later in the fall.

Well I am glad you made it out, hopefully I will meet you the next time you are in town....

So we have Raven and Taxi for trade. Anyone interested? = D

#3618 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

So we have Raven and Taxi for trade. Anyone interested? = D

I have a used set of speakers from a Data East and half a bottle of Novus #2 that I'll trade for Raven plus cash. Let me know.

#3619 10 years ago

Sounds fair!

#3620 10 years ago

I'll take that Cirqus Voltaire and Ruth's Chris dinner for Raven.

Cool? =)

#3621 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I'll take that Cirqus Voltaire and Ruth's Chris dinner for Raven.
Cool? =)

Can you deliver to Murfreesboro?

#3622 10 years ago

Hey guys, new to the forum, I live in Hendersonville, TN. Long time Pin fan getting close to getting my first one. I never knew about Game Galaxy, I have to go soon because its sad to admit this but I find myself taking my daughter to Chuck E Cheeses just so I can play POTC.

#3623 10 years ago

My parents used to go to Chuck E Cheese just to eat pizza and play the Nascar pin. Then she basically bought a small arcade for the family instead. Lol. We did go on Sat to the Chatt Game Galaxy and played for an hour on the 4 pins there.

#3624 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Hey guys, new to the forum, I live in Hendersonville, TN. Long time Pin fan getting close to getting my first one. I never knew about Game Galaxy, I have to go soon because its sad to admit this but I find myself taking my daughter to Chuck E Cheeses just so I can play POTC.

Welcome! Game Galaxy is an awesome place for pinball. Come out to the next tournament if you get a chance - no better time/place to meet other players in the area.

(Everyone, I apologize for my shameless promoting of the league)

Also, results from the latest tournament are up on the IFPA web site. Mike, they have merged your entries also.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=832&e=6&d=2013-05-11#results

#3625 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Welcome! Game Galaxy is an awesome place for pinball. Come out to the next tournament if you get a chance - no better time/place to meet other players in the area.
(Everyone, I apologize for my shameless promoting of the league)
Also, results from the latest tournament are up on the IFPA web site. Mike, they have merged your entries also.

Thank you for the welcome, hopefully I can make it out one day soon, Tuesdays are alittle tough but ill def try to make it out. I always enjoy meeting other Pinball fans.

#3626 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Can you deliver to Murfreesboro?

It would be an extra $300 and a Tommy Pinball for delivery. As you know, Raven is very sought after.

#3627 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Long overdue, need to come to Game Galaxy. You won't find a place within 6 states with as many pins as we have on location.

Thanks to Matt we now have Bad Cats back in the arcade repaired and working!

#3628 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Sweet! Thanks!

#3629 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

My wife appreciates the lack of "BAD CATSSSSSSSSS" shout outs in the garage.. to be clear, I didn't shop her out but she plays!

Sorry I missed the tourney, had some prior obligations. Sadly I might have to miss the next one as well since I've got a bundle of joy on the way right around then.. we shall see! Maybe I can sneak away for a few hours.

#3630 10 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Sadly I might have to miss the next one as well since I've got a bundle of joy on the way right around then.

You getting a Metallica too?

#3631 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Long overdue, need to come to Game Galaxy. You won't find a place within 6 states with as many pins as we have on location.

I def will be going to Game Galaxy this weekend, I think I talked myself out of the Metallica MoP LE I have on preorder, so Game Galaxy looks to be the place to play, and atleast I'll get to play Metallica when it comes in there. But I'll still be looking into a TAF as my first home pin though

#3632 10 years ago

Metallica is now here @ 75 cents a play!

I personally think it's awesome sauce.

#3633 10 years ago

If anyone is looking for any pins for sale we have Tommy, Raven, and Taxi.

Just added Tommy to the FS list. Also willing to look at trades as well.

#3634 10 years ago

anyone know if the game list on Game Galaxy's website is up to date? I'm heading up there with my daughter to check it out today, I'm excited, cant wait!

#3635 10 years ago

Moose, it probably is not, we change things all the time up there....

Updated for Sale/trade list:

Tommy The Who (with original topper)-$2750
Raven (rubber kit installed)-$550
Taxi (Lola version, (rubber kit installed)-$1400
Rocky and Bullwinkle (rubber kit, new power board, and new ramp installed, also has topper) -$1895

#3636 10 years ago

are those pins up to play while they are for sale?

#3637 10 years ago

Tommy is, Raven I need to get a replacement glass for it, Taxi can be, and rocky and Bullwinkle is

#3638 10 years ago

What are Game Galaxy's current hours of operation.

#3639 10 years ago

GG is open
12-6 Sunday
12-6 Monday
12-10pm Tuesday
CLOSED WED/THURS (changing June 1)
12-8pm friday/sat

#3640 10 years ago

Just left GG, my daughter and I had a blast, Metallica Pro is really fun like I thought it would be, fave part, frying Sparky!. Played alot of games I loved in the past and the one that I was surprised I fell in love with was CReature from the black lagoon, I want it lol! I will def be back! Next time I'll bring cash.

#3641 10 years ago

welp T2 is sold.....now on the hunt for BSD!

#3642 10 years ago

Okay. I am totally baffled. My upper right flipper on my TZ gets weak during play.

I have rebuilt the flipper from top to bottom - new coil, new sleeve, new coil stop, new plunger/link assembly, new EOS switch, new bushing, new spring, and new flipper bat. So mechanically, it's for all intents and purposes, a new flipper assembly with the exception of the flipper assembly bracket.

What should I be looking at on the electronics side? I'm about to clean the optos to rule those out.

#3643 10 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Okay. I am totally baffled. My upper right flipper on my TZ gets weak during play.
I have rebuilt the flipper from top to bottom - new coil, new sleeve, new coil stop, new plunger/link assembly, new EOS switch, new bushing, new spring, and new flipper bat. So mechanically, it's for all intents and purposes, a new flipper assembly with the exception of the flipper assembly bracket.
What should I be looking at on the electronics side? I'm about to clean the optos to rule those out.

Try the optos, but mine would do the same think after steady play.

#3644 10 years ago

It's typical for flippers to weaken during game play....When I was a lot younger (and better at pinball) I would get these 50-70 million point games in Elvira and Earthshaker. Believe you me that there is no way that ball was making it up the Monster Slide around the 40 million point mark of Elvira.....

#3645 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

welp T2 is sold.....now on the hunt for BSD!

Good deal. Still have mine.......

#3646 10 years ago

I cleaned out my flipper optos last night. Still no luck. I'm beginning to suspect the IDC connector on the flipper opto board. The connector itself looks pretty fried.

I'd replace the connector entirely if I knew what size IDC connectors those are.

#3647 10 years ago

Speaking of optos anyone know what's up with Judge Dredd? I looked at it and when I went to reseat the 12v connector on the trough transmitter board that killed all opto power in the game for some reason. Then again that connector is a little frayed so something may have shorted.

#3648 10 years ago

I found a Big Buck Hunter Pro vid proto SN 4. Cabinet art is different and has never been on location. It was used in a shop as a test bed. Is this worth anything more than a regular excellent condition BBH Pro? I've been considering getting one and have a choice between the two but they want about $800 more for the proto. Not sure its worth it but wanted some opinions.

Thanks
Larry

#3649 10 years ago

Protos always seem to go for more but not as much as they "should", the other thing is if you sell it a Big Buck Hunter "fan" would probably have to be in to it. Honestly that game is pretty good if people give it a chance but the majority crowd is not as interested in it.

#3650 10 years ago

I bet if I parked it at work there would be tons of interest in it. God almighty I dread hunting season. Thats all I hear about around here! One will say I saw 2 bucks next to the road and the other will say he saw 4. Before you know it there was 50 in a field and they were petting them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 1,490.00
$ 70.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,059.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.