tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 119.
#3351 11 years ago

Does anyone have a spare monster slide entrance plastic or blob plastic?

#3352 11 years ago

The JAM on the GG version is brand new with a protector below it. Jason's got an extra cracked one in the coin tray.

#3353 11 years ago

Crash you can have that plastic in the coin tray in Elvira; at least it works for now for what you would need. Did the job for us, just not great aesthetically but not terrible either.

Little known fact:
Elvira is my favorite pinball machine of all time and my very first pinball as well. The one in the arcade is the same one I picked up in 2001.

#3354 11 years ago

Jason is that a blob plastic or JAM plastic? What's it look like? Any of the below shapes? We'll take it if you don't need it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3355 11 years ago

u could always scan one of jasons plastics then print it out and stick it to a clear protector or something

#3356 11 years ago

Wow that would be a nightmare to do. Tear down his game to get to the plastic, scan it in, clean it up in photoshop, get adhesive paper, etc. Thanks though.

Mystic did you keep the old blob plastic before ordering the new set by chance?

#3357 11 years ago

Crash, it is the one for JAM

#3358 11 years ago

i can scan and photoshop w.e but applying it to the plastic would be all u guys.

#3359 11 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

i can scan and photoshop w.e but applying it to the plastic would be all u guys.

Oh, that's nice of you to offer! In that case I suppose I could print out the image, laminate it, and apply it to the underside of the plastic. Would would be a good glue to use for this? If you can send me JPG of a full resolution scan that would be great. I PM'd you my e-mail address. You don't have to touch it up in Photoshop but if you want to be my guest. We have some collectible Pinbot/Funhouse/BK2000 decals/keychain plastics if you want one for the effort.

#3360 11 years ago

There was no blob plastic. Was totally missing. Only the new replacement was there.

As for making a copy, I'm sure some guys on that pinside.com website have experience doing that. I only read this section nowadays.

#3361 11 years ago

so who wants to fix my pinbot for some dollars?

#3362 11 years ago

What's wrong with it (not that I have any tech know how)?

#3363 11 years ago
#3364 11 years ago

So one week until the next tournament. I like the new(really the old) format. I'm gonna come and possibly bring a couple other players. I'm looking forward to getting schooled again by Will.

#3365 11 years ago

The side tournament last time was cool, hope to see another one of those this time as well.

Jason do you ever play in the lineup now that you're not running it? I'd like to see you and Will go head to head. Homefield advantage notwithstanding....

#3366 11 years ago

man idk if i will be there or not for the tourney. its on muh burf day

#3367 11 years ago

Think of the tourney at a birthday present. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

#3368 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

The side tournament last time was cool, hope to see another one of those this time as well.
Jason do you ever play in the lineup now that you're not running it? I'd like to see you and Will go head to head. Homefield advantage notwithstanding....

I only entered one tournament for pinball that we have had and won it...beating Will in the finals....he's a better pinball player than I am for sure; anything can happen with 2/3 games and scoring in a tournament...that's the way I look at it....

I don't really like entering my own tournaments being held at the store (not even for fighting games) and I don't want to enter because I expect to win them or anything, it's just a bit weird entering (especially if I win money or something) when the tournament is for everyone else....

#3369 11 years ago

Brandon is it going to be a big deal to get that Elvira plastic out? Or can it be done without taking anything else off? Again we have NOS Pinbot promo decals and Funhouse/BK2K promo plastics, take your pick and I'll bring it Saturday and leave it on the desk or whatever.

#3370 11 years ago

I'll come up with the game list soon. Sorry for the delay.

Will did email me and said he was going to miss this month's tourney.

Glad to hear the feedback on the latest tourney format. Please let me know anything you think could make the league more accessible and enjoyable.

#3371 11 years ago

I nominate White Water, looks like we got all the gremlins out of that one.

#3372 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Will did email me and said he was going to miss this month's tourney.

What no IFPA points this time around? j/k Will...

Sorry to hear he won't be there to smear my scores.

Seriously though, too bad he can't make it. Hopefully a good turnout nonetheless. Jason it's cool with me if you want to compete.

#3373 11 years ago

crash, im most likely going to just bring in my scanner to GG and just scan it using jasons laptop or something so i dont have to take the plastic home and have the game down bc there is shit missing. if it needs to be touched up then i can just email it to myself and work on it at home etc.

i think these games should be in the tourney- BSD, Bride of Pinbot, T2, TZ, getaway

#3374 11 years ago

Jurassic Park is SOLD! =)

#3375 11 years ago

^ Just in time for the movie re-release in 3D. Did a theater owner buy it?

#3376 11 years ago

Nope. Just a normal collector.

#3377 11 years ago

Ok, we are losing 3,000 sq ft of our place this week. I highly suggest using games closer to the door in case of electricity issues, lol

#3378 11 years ago

When we move do you have an idea of how the reduced space will affect how many games can remain at the arcade?

#3379 11 years ago

Pinbot is sold.

Now I have a Gottlieb Street Fighter 2. I'm having a peculiar issue with it. The backbox lights won't come on. The flashers work, but the static lights never come on. The fuse is good that goes to the backbox illumination, so that ain't it. Any ideas?

#3380 11 years ago

Nice pickup Richard! It's in good shape but has a few issues. Eyesocket switches, bumpers, doesn't keep memory.

#3381 11 years ago

Pinbot went to a guy that's new to the area and looking to learn how to fix pins, so hopefully he posts up pictures when he gets it running awesome!

#3382 11 years ago

Oh, I assumed it was yours because of your post in the local group. By the way GG will be open for the tournament Saturday right? And do we have a list of games yet?

#3383 11 years ago

#3384 11 years ago

Sorry for the delay in getting this ready. The tentative lineup for this month's tournament.

Star Wars: Data East (new code)
Whitewater
Twilight Zone
X-Men

Don't forget about the new tournament format. See you Saturday!

#3385 11 years ago

I assume this is in the current location while stuff is being moved? And what's the final game?

#3386 11 years ago

Just for clarification, tournament is at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. I do plan on getting there early to turn off extra balls and possibly tighten tilts.

#3387 11 years ago

man no bride! but its all nice and fancy now, lol

#3388 11 years ago

So the original space? Jason said we are moving this week.

#3389 11 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

man no bride! but its all nice and fancy now, lol

Fun game, but the billion point shot makes it too unbalanced for a tournament.

Yes, same location as always.

#3390 11 years ago

Will be in Nashville this weekend and at GG on Saturday. I'll probably play in the tournament-- someone for some of the experts to beat up on. Look forward to taking part and meeting some of the other local players. My wife will be there too, so Jason, if you could get Centipede going for her as usual that would be great.

I only played a few games on the Star Wars with the new code the last time I was at GG, and I haven't played much X-Men at all. I'm most familiar with TZ and WH2O, but I figure that applies to everyone else as well too. Looking forward to learning a few things!

#3391 11 years ago

Look forward to meeting you FatCat! You've stopped by Lebanon and played our stuff right?

#3392 11 years ago

Crash-- yes, several times. I actually got the #1 high score on Baby Pac Man last time, but I ended up as "AGJ" on the leaderboard because I didn't know pressing right on the joystick would enter my initial and there was no way to back up. Will probably stop by Holiday Wash on Sunday-- my wife loves shopping at the outlet mall there.

Garrett (since I'll feel silly if everyone calls me FatCat )

#3393 11 years ago

Ah yeah! Easy to lose track of people.

#3394 11 years ago

1 or 2 games per machine? I recall you debating that Williams.

#3395 11 years ago

Hey guys. Thanks to everyone for coming out to the tournament today. I was lucky enough to have a few good games at the end and beat Mike and Jamie in the finals.

I'm finishing up getting the scores ready and will post a link when that's done. I didn't get Kevin's or Garrett's last names today. Could anyone that knows send me a message and I'll get all that submitted to the IFPA. Glad you guys came out and hope you make it to the next tournament.

Also, Game Galaxy is looking really nice with the reorganization. Great job.

Next tournament is May 11th. See you then.

#3396 11 years ago

Williams-- sent you a PM with my info. Congratulations on the win!

Really enjoyed the tournament. I was pretty happy with my T-4th finish, especially considering this is my first time competing. What drives me crazy is that I had a 560 million game on TZ before the tournament, and a 300 something million game on WH2O when Crash and I were playing it afterward. Why couldn't I have had those games during the tournament?

Anyway, it was great to meet everyone and I'm going to try to make it to the next one if I can.

#3397 11 years ago

I think we've all had a run of bad games and then as soon as you're done you have a great game. Seems pretty typical with me. One thing that was mentioned after the tournament was to have 3 games on 3 different machines instead of 2 games on 4 different machines? Thoughts?

And if I get a chance to get the feature lamps working on Harlem Globetrotters, and it isn't sold yet, it WILL be in the next tournament. Got to show the old Ballys some love.

#3398 11 years ago

Grouping up is fine, but any chance we can all play our game out in turns as single player games? Actually liked the new tournament format but I hated waiting for my turn in 3player games. Just usually play better when I can get a feel for it and stay in a continuous rhythm at the table. Taking a turn, waiting 10 minutes for your next up, then trying to remember what you were trying to accomplish on an unfamiliar table was a little frustrating.

#3399 11 years ago

I had a great time yesterday, thanks for coming out everybody! There were 8 participants right? And overall it was a great business day for GG!

I really like the older format better, thanks for considering it Williams. If anyone is curious I won 2 out of 4 games (White Water and Twilight Zone) and placed 4th overall, and tied with FatCat at 300-something points. A big reason for why I won White Water was pulling those double jackpots out of my butt for a whopping 15 seconds lol... I just went for it! I personally like the multiplayer games, makes things more interesting. Twilight Zone was the most problematic considering the ball kept hanging on the skill shot switches. And I couldn't figure out why everyone was going for the center ramp on Star Wars the entire time, it only gives a paltry 1 million for the first few shots then 1 million for more shots after that. But I can see why people who were familiar with the game still saw it as a nice payoff strategy, and it's what I like best about the 20th anniversary code as it brings the balance back down to Earth (pun intended).

White Water plays like a beast, it puts ours to shame! Constantly keeps you on your toes. Same with X-Men, I guess if you don't like fast games that contributes to it. Twilight Zone played the best in my opinion minus the hangups. And Garret your misfires between games is hilarious... tough luck man and good to meet you!

I played Radical again and discovered that Richard has put some LEDs in... light show is impressive on that game now!

#3400 11 years ago

And as usual here are the final rounds for reflection's sake. You guys need to speed it up though my feet were about to kill me! By the way who went in what order on the final games? I know Aaron was first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 36.95
$ 27.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.