tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 119.
#3701 10 years ago

I wasn't planning on it, but it looks like my other job I had planned for Saturday is fizzling out, so I'll see what I can do. I need to come up and go pinball testing/shopping. lol

So, tournament at 2:00, but all the pins are available for play otherwise?

#3702 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I wasn't planning on it, but it looks like my other job I had planned for Saturday is fizzling out, so I'll see what I can do. I need to come up and go pinball testing/shopping. lol
So, tournament at 2:00, but all the pins are available for play otherwise?

Yes, and if you play in the tournament the charge covers all day arcade play as well.

#3703 10 years ago

Nice tournament theme this month! Got daddy duty this weekend so can't make this one. Next time can we get a bad movies theme?

Blondemod, check if the fan is working on your RFM's cpu (and vacuum the insides of the computer case out if you haven't already). The p2k's cpu fan is pitifully small and sounds like it may be overheating

#3704 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice tournament theme this month! Got daddy duty this weekend so can't make this one. Next time can we get a bad movies theme?

May not have a July tournament. But if Jason brings Shadow to the arcade, that's a distinct possibility for the next one.

Twilight Zone
Shadow
Dracula
Stargate
??

If only Robocop was working...

#3705 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Blondemod, check if the fan is working on your RFM's cpu (and vacuum the insides of the computer case out if you haven't already). The p2k's cpu fan is pitifully small and sounds like it may be overheating

Fatsquatch has given me some pointers and things to check, especially since it was his before, so we're going to crack it open this weekend. We briefly checked the fan and it seemed ok, but didnt have time to get too deep into it this weekend. Thanks for the info.

If I dont make it this weekend, will someone please take a pic or two of the TFTC and send to me? I would greatly appreciate it.

#3706 10 years ago

well i hooked up my 12" powered sub to tron today, and also ran wires for ac/dc, pretty awesome in there now

#3707 10 years ago

That's it i'm going back upstairs and running wires from ac/dc to the polk sub hooked up to DM! That spring Stern installed to help the SDTM issues on AC/DC is SHIT!!! Mine was constantly SDTM feeding out of the pops. Even my gf's 8 year old niece commented about it! I took that spring off and now it just does it out of the bell some. That's what the bell mod is for right!

#3708 10 years ago

Aaron, you may have to get to the pop bumpers yourself on Guns N Roses, just ask Richard for the key Saturday; same for Tommy if you want to mess with those as well.

We do not apologize for the sub on Tron and AC/DC. You will now hear Tron from the parking lot.

I won't be bringing Shadow....I have Safe Cracker blocking anything from going in or out of the garage and I am not complaining about that one bit.

Robocop we may try and look at next week, but it is still planned for going to Mike Chestnut when he is not as busy.

Baby Pac-Man now works. I just need one drop target but the game is functioning and hooked up.

#3709 10 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I have a Metallica Pro NIB and an AC/DC Premium NIB I can bring Saturday for someone
[email protected]

Needs 24 Pinball, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Whodunnit, Johnny Mnemonic, and...Airborne? lol

#3710 10 years ago

So what you are saying is somebody has to crack the safe to get anything out of your garage. Nice!

#3711 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

So what you are saying is somebody has to crack the safe to get anything out of your garage. Nice!

At this rate they got the Demolition Man and Twilight Zone out. Even No Fear. Theatre of Magic and Indiana Jones came back in for retirement.

#3712 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

May not have a July tournament. But if Jason brings Shadow to the arcade, that's a distinct possibility for the next one.
Twilight Zone
Shadow
Dracula
Stargate
??
If only Robocop was working...

Demolition Man
Addams Family

#3713 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

At this rate they got the Demolition Man and Twilight Zone out. Even No Fear. Theatre of Magic and Indiana Jones came back in for retirement.

I'd love to play TOM and IJ. I want to play No fear the next time I'm down. That pin is on my list.

#3714 10 years ago

myork: You missed it when we had them there...they just got tore up and when they need a full on shopout from Mike, they aren't going back in. No Fear and Addams are the only two exceptions to this rule.....

#3715 10 years ago

Well, on Wed I told my mom about the tournament and tons of pins in Nashville, and how I was considering going if I didn't have to work. Today my job for tomorrow falls through, and the first thing my mom says when I tell her is "What time do we need to leave in the morning to get to Nashville and play all day?" So it looks like a girls pinball roadtrip is happening. We probably won't play in the tournament, but I'll see you all there.

#3716 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Well, on Wed I told my mom about the tournament and tons of pins in Nashville, and how I was considering going if I didn't have to work. Today my job for tomorrow falls through, and the first thing my mom says when I tell her is "What time do we need to leave in the morning to get to Nashville and play all day?" So it looks like a girls pinball roadtrip is happening. We probably won't play in the tournament, but I'll see you all there.

Glad you're making the trip down. If you don't play in the tournament, still say hi to us. We're pretty much a friendly group. Except for Matt. He's kind of a pain.

#3717 10 years ago

We were going to play at the ATL Pinswap, but it was a 10 foot square area that was basically a mosh pit of dudes, so we passed. We don't know how to play well anyway, but we'll at least come by to say hi. (For some reason, my mom likes to point out to people who know me from the forums that I am indeed tall, blonde, and female.)

#3718 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

myork: You missed it when we had them there...they just got tore up and when they need a full on shopout from Mike, they aren't going back in. No Fear and Addams are the only two exceptions to this rule.....

I don't blame you on that one!

#3719 10 years ago

I will try and approach the right person based on that Bad Cats costume picture of you at that pinball cosplay party.

#3720 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I will try and approach the right person based on that Bad Cats costume picture of you at that pinball cosplay party.

If you're talking to me, that wasnt me. Sounds cool though. I told my husband if I can lose weight, I need to get a costume a 'la Twin Win.

#3722 10 years ago

Fair warning, they have been constructing a wall there so it's messier than usual at the arcade....

and....holy crap AC/DC and Tron subwoofer will blow your eardrums. Have FUN GUYS AND GALZ

#3723 10 years ago

I might come down tomorrow if I can get my butt up! Working right now and I have to work tomorrow night. Good ole 3rd shift....

#3724 10 years ago

I will not be there to participate in the tourney tomorrow. But I will probably come in later in the day for shits and giggles.

And to play some Tron with the subwoofer from hell.

But I hope you guys like what I did to Metallica!

#3725 10 years ago

Richard thanks for fixing Elvira for us, the flipper rubbers broke off. Wish I was more in a position to fix things but was only there an hour today. Nice to meet you and your mother Blondetall, I've already forgotten your name (is it Melissa?) Lots of changes happening, new awnings outside the spaces now. Did you take the banner down or did they do that?

#3726 10 years ago

No problem mate, I got Gophers figured out as well before you left, bolt fell out of the flipper assembly.

They took our banner down

#3727 10 years ago

Crash... close, it is Melinda. We just got to KFC/LJS to eat and hopefully sit out the storm, then 2 hours home and sleep. 5 straight hours of pinball is tiring. I had a ton of fun though, and came in 5/9 in the tournament on machines I have newer played. Mom is exhausted but had fun too. It was good to meet everyone, and Richard (if you are reading this) THANK YOU for putting up with my mom's breaking everything she touched and my pin shopping/questions. We will certainly be back, hopefully to take a pin home next time.

#3728 10 years ago

I am Richard and sometimes I read forums!

Thanks for coming, we look forward to having everybody that was here today playing the silver ball back for more fun!

#3729 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Glad you're making the trip down. If you don't play in the tournament, still say hi to us. We're pretty much a friendly group. Except for Matt. He's kind of a pain.

I am a dick. Unless you meant the other Matt, but I've heard he's a dick too. How long is Tron on eardrum-bleed mode? Need to break away for a bit.

#3730 10 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I am a dick. Unless you meant the other Matt, but I've heard he's a dick too. How long is Tron on eardrum-bleed mode? Need to break away for a bit.

all day erry day

#3731 10 years ago

Full tourney results to come later, but Richard came in first with a winner take all game on Metallica, I came in second, and Larry came in third.

4 newcomers to the tourney this time - great to meet some new players and see everyone out. We had players travel from Memphis, Chattanooga, and Kentucky.

And thanks to Richard for the help keeping things running smoothly. Much appreciated.

#3732 10 years ago

Melinda, I apologize I ment to introduce myself, I was the guy who was freaking out thinking I broke tales from the crypt. Congrats on your place in the Tourney I was 8/9 on my first one as well, I had alot of fun playing.

#3733 10 years ago

Did myork82 make it down? When I left at 1:30 the only Pinsiders I saw were Blondetall, Storyteller, and FumbleFlippers. Moose615 when did you come down? Don't think I saw you.

#3734 10 years ago

Hi Moose! Don't worry, if anyone broke TFTC it was me because I did it first. I actually was looking at it and Stargate to possibly buy, but my husband had threatened to murder me if I came home with a cackling Crypt Keeper, and I just didn't love Stargate as much as I wanted to. (What I actually wanted was Gofers, but of course it wasn't for sale.) I may try to make it back in August if there's another tournament then. Not so much to compete as to just hang out and play pinball. The only ones in Chattanooga are the ones in my house, my mom's house, and the 4 at the Chatt Game Galaxy, so it was nice to have such a big selection there.

Oh... Mom wants to know if this means that she's officially ranked somehow as a TN tournament player? lol The people at her work make fun of her for playing pinball, and laughed when she said she was going to the ATL Pinswap to play. We didn't end up playing there, but Monday she's going to work and proudly announcing she got 9th in the tournament. (Leaving out the "of 9" part of course.)

#3735 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

We didn't end up playing there, but Monday she's going to work and proudly announcing she got 9th in the tournament. (Leaving out the "of 9" part of course.)

Yeah and don't forget to tell her to mention she is a top state player.

#3736 10 years ago

Ooh, she'll like that.

#3737 10 years ago

Because we all technically are because there aren't enough Tennessee participants. She can show off her IFPA profile.

#3738 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did myork82 make it down? When I left at 1:30 the only Pinsiders I saw were Blondetall, Storyteller, and FumbleFlippers. Moose615 when did you come down? Don't think I saw you.

I was there, got there about 1, I was in camo shorts, skull shirt and tattoo sleeve,I was playing Creech quite a bit before the tourney started. Williams is the only pinsider I personally met/ introduced, but I did see blondetall and her mom. Blondetall, how I understand it you mom will be a ranked TN player, that funny that you mentioned your mom getting made fun of at work, on my way home an ex girlfriend called and after I told her I was comin back from a pinball tourney she proceeded to say that's such a dorky thing to do, and I had to remind her she has a bed room dedicated to Harry Potter stuff (lots of stuff), after that she said well pinball is really fun haha

#3739 10 years ago

I guess I need to sign us up for the IFPA profiles. I didn't even really know that was a thing before today.

Williams- if you need info from me just let me know. And thanks for playing with us and showing us some pointers today.

#3740 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Nope I didn't make it. I didn't roll out of bed till almost 4! I'm about to head back into work in a few. Gotta love it! Think i'll buy something for ac/dc with the OT to make me feel better about it.

#3741 10 years ago

Always great to see new players at the tournaments, I caught some good breaks and barely squeaked out the last game with Arron on MET. Had I not gotten a super-lucky random EB from the Mystery scoop it would have been a different outcome for sure. So no small amount of luck was a factor.

Huge thanks to Aaron, Jason and Richard for making it happen. Looking forward to the next time I can come up.

#3742 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Not so much to compete as to just hang out and play pinball. The only ones in Chattanooga are the ones in my house, my mom's house, and the 4 at the Chatt Game Galaxy, so it was nice to have such a big selection there.

Now, now...that's not the only place to play pinball in our part of the world.

#3743 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Now, now...that's not the only place to play pinball in our part of the world.

You're right. There's also your house and Dale's showroom, but I rarely get to either of those. We need to have a pin crawl between my, your, and Mom's house soon. I need to play Dracula again since people are comparing Predator to it.

Oh, I played the WH2O at Game Galaxy and have decided you need the color DMD. It is very pretty. Also, mom and I now want a NGG in case you happen to hear of one.

#3744 10 years ago

I wouldn't be entirely against adding a color DMD to my White Water, but in the end, it's hard to justify the expense of it.

I've always wanted a Gofers myself! Great game, that.

#3745 10 years ago

Here are the full results from the tournament. Game details on the 2nd tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfkMgns_1atdEtaNjFXYmZrMC1IQ05lTHJsTUxaR3c&usp=sharing

At this time we're not going to have a tournament in July. If anything changes with that I'll post here as well as http://www.midtnpinball.com. That makes our next tournament on Saturday, August 3rd at 2:00 pm. Thanks again to all for making it out!

#3746 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Oh... Mom wants to know if this means that she's officially ranked somehow as a TN tournament player?

That's correct. You and everyone who plays in one of our tournaments becomes officially ranked. I'll submit the scores today and they typically get posted within the week. You'll both have pages similar to this (please don't laugh at the results)

http://www.ifpapinball.com//player.php?player_id=17134

#3747 10 years ago

Thanks Williamd!

#3748 10 years ago

Guys and gals, if a game breaks PLEASE tell us. Richard told me about Gofers, which is now fixed. No one said who/what was wrong with Tales from the Crypt and it was a simple ball being stuck. Richard did not notify me about that, which generally means he was not told. It is working now.

Diner displays for replacing will be in this week.

Please tell us when games have issues.

#3749 10 years ago

I told Richard about Tales and said it was probably a trough switch, but we were talking about a lot of other things and it probably got forgotten. (Mom and I kept the poor guy busy. He was great!) Myself and the other guy that was there that I honestly thought worked there (who was playing TZ quite a bit) worked on it a little but couldnt get it to work at the time. It would do a missing ball search, shoot all 6 out, start the game, load up 3 balls in the shooter lane, and not go back to normal until ball 2. Glad it was an easy fix.
I know Rocky and Bullwinkle said it was missing a ball, but I got busy with the tournament and never went back to it to check if one was stuck or what.

#3750 10 years ago

Tales from the Crypt ball was stuck on the top right ramp...Data East games go crazy if a ball is missing. I played it afterwards and there were no problems.

Rocky and Bullwinkle ball was stuck on the top left skill shot lane....

Balls get stuck in games all the time, new ones, old ones, doesn't even matter these days. Heck, the ball got stuck in Baby Pac-Man TWICE today. BABY PAC-MAN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 259.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.