tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 119.
#3401 11 years ago

I knew I didn't stand a chance when Aaron picked WH2O.

#3402 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I knew I didn't stand a chance when Aaron picked WH2O.

You can thank me for that. Or maybe Creepy Rudy whispered it to me...

fr_120.jpgfr_120.jpg

#3403 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You can thank me for that. Or maybe Creepy Rudy whispered it to me...

I have Jamie to thank for my limited WH20 success. He had a strategy when the scores are around 100M. Basically it was to start multiball, a pretty safe shot. From there you can hit a single/double/triple jackpot which hits pretty close to 100M in three shots.

Here's how to really play the game. He does what I tried to do at 5:40 in this video.

http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-qualifying-whitewater/

#3404 11 years ago

I pulled one 2 or 3 double jackpots and was actually pretty close to starting 5x multiball.

#3405 11 years ago

I really gotta start learning some of these rulesets on unfamiliar tables. :p

#3406 11 years ago

I think I need to join this thread. My name is Scott, and I am a pinaholic. It feels good just to say that to others who suffer from the same malady.

It is pretty amazing to hear about the pinheads in the area, including some in Murfreesboro. I am sure that I am a pretender compared to the skills you all have, but I do enjoy the game. Had three pins at one time (TZ, STTNG, and an old woodrail pitch 'n bat that I got from my uncle). I am down to one now (STTNG), but have TH on order, so maybe I will get some variation in a few years. As we have 4 kids, I am not sure I will be able to get out to meet all of you in person, but I did not want to stay a lurker forever.

DreamTR, I ordered TH from Buddy and he asked if I knew you. I guess you head out that way on occasion to pick up pins.

#3407 11 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

I really gotta start learning some of these rulesets on unfamiliar tables. :p

Which one were you?

#3408 11 years ago

the tallest dood there^

#3409 11 years ago

heh, yea. Him. (jeff) Was in the group with FatCat

Placed in the final 4 and finals in the last two I attended but bombed pretty hard at this one. Time to start practicing up on the ones I don't usually play or care for. :p

#3410 11 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I think I need to join this thread. My name is Scott, and I am a pinaholic. It feels good just to say that to others who suffer from the same malady.
It is pretty amazing to hear about the pinheads in the area, including some in Murfreesboro.

Welcome! There are a few of us in the Murfreesboro/Smyrna area, and you have Game Galaxy right up the road. Kind of a nice little hotbed of pinball here in the South.

I know all about the tight schedules as a Dad to a young one myself. Come and hang out at the next tournament if you get the chance. We definitely have a wide range of skill levels and I've enjoyed meeting some players in the area. www.midtnpinball.com is the club web site. Hope you can make it out on May 11th.

I'm dying to know though, what machine is TH?

#3411 11 years ago

TH = The Hobbit.

#3412 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

TH = The Hobbit.

Actually I think TH stands for "I hope I receive The Hobbit within the next decade or so." We'll see. I've also ordered the next Steve Ritchie game which will hopefully be Star Trek.

Did anyone around here get an ACDC? I can't get into the music, but that looks like an awesome game. I've been to the Game Galaxy a few times and have met one of the owners, but I am not good with names. I remember he had quite the collection of video games at his house, which he let me tour when I was looking at his STTNG he had for sale a while back. Seemed like a really cool guy.

You all may hate me for this, but one of the new owners of the Hickory Hollow mall is in my department here at MTSU. I understand that the new ownership group has caused quite a bit of grief for Game Galaxy.

#3413 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Welcome! There are a few of us in the Murfreesboro/Smyrna area, and you have Game Galaxy right up the road. Kind of a nice little hotbed of pinball here in the South.
I know all about the tight schedules as a Dad to a young one myself. Come and hang out at the next tournament if you get the chance. We definitely have a wide range of skill levels and I've enjoyed meeting some players in the area. http://www.midtnpinball.com is the club web site. Hope you can make it out on May 11th.
I'm dying to know though, what machine is TH?

Where are you in Murfreesboro? I live a bit north and east of the university.

#3414 11 years ago

Couldn't make this tournament but those games abuse me so no great loss. Hope to make the next one tho!

I haven't played the new Star Wars software, but I watched one of Crash's Star Wars videos and it sure looked to me like a ton of ramp shots still! I mean the points were way lower but it was ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp. Is that still the strategy?

Hey Scott, great to hear from another pinhead in the area. Game Galaxy has an ACDC. I have one also and I believe there are a couple more in private collections in the area. We should get together sometime and you can snicker as you surpass my pitiful high scores

#3415 11 years ago

Was looking through the IFPA website and it appears the top 16 people qualify for the TN state championship? "Top 16 qualify for IFPA Tennessee State Championship"

And there's only 14 of us.. awesome. See you guys at the TN State Pinball Championship.. I'm making shirts...

http://www.ifpapinball.com//ranking_view.php?id=32

#3416 11 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Actually I think TH stands for "I hope I receive The Hobbit within the next decade or so." We'll see. I've also ordered the next Steve Ritchie game which will hopefully be Star Trek.
Did anyone around here get an ACDC? I can't get into the music, but that looks like an awesome game. I've been to the Game Galaxy a few times and have met one of the owners, but I am not good with names. I remember he had quite the collection of video games at his house, which he let me tour when I was looking at his STTNG he had for sale a while back. Seemed like a really cool guy.
You all may hate me for this, but one of the new owners of the Hickory Hollow mall is in my department here at MTSU. I understand that the new ownership group has caused quite a bit of grief for Game Galaxy.

Statsdoc: Welcome to the forum You can always just bring your kids to the arcade one of these days and hang out and play all the new pins there...we kind of went overboard and the new layout looks fantastic!

I got my Ac/DC from Buddy, and we are waiting on a Wizard of Oz on loan from him along with Jersey Jack products when he is able to get another (when the game is finally officially released).

The new ownership group has basically handed me over to 4 different people with wildly different price ranges. The fact of the matter is we stayed in the mall until the very end, and the new ownership had so many different discrepancies and not understanding the costs of the area (especially when we have an entertainment type of business that no one else will have) that they have alienated us beyond belief.

I would love to go back to the mall. They already took my spot and are doing something else with it. The other spot they proposed to us is not "bad" but they want a very unrealistic price for an unproven spot with guaranteed rent increases. This is not the way you treat former tenants. The only people that are back in the mall that were there previously are the Indian and Mexican places, and Vogue/Kian Toys, but each one of these places was fed "promises" like CBL Properties did and we are expected to buy into it.

The mall opens in mid May. I have not seen any of these new businesses with anything other than "signs" up sans Vogue and Kian Toys which are both open in an entirely desolate mall.

The bottom line is if they really want us in there, they would stop beating around the bush with having me talk to 4 different parties and be realistic with the pricing. The spot we are in right now is not perfect, but it's larger and cheaper than the mall.

The other issue, how do we know that the new owners won't run away if they aren't making a profit? We can't up and move if these guys realize the mall isn't "making" it...

Enough rambling, I have all Summer to see what the new "mall" is about when they finally open....

And we should be getting Metallica at the end of May.

Some of you should check out this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/nashville/comments/18vzn9/interest_in_a_geekgamer_event_space/

A few people not realizing Game Galaxy exists but want to open a barcade with classic stuff as part of a new business. Sounds like a good idea but a lot of people don't understand the cost(s) involved. Our business model works because it is a collection. Not an investment from product to customer.

I especially like the part where for once Richard wasn't called out, but I was instead =) Apparently I am a (and I quote) temperamental bipolar. =D

SO ANGRY?

SO SWEET!

#3417 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hey Scott, great to hear from another pinhead in the area. Game Galaxy has an ACDC. I have one also and I believe there are a couple more in private collections in the area. We should get together sometime and you can snicker as you surpass my pitiful high scores

You would laugh at my pitiful attempts at your high scores. I love to play, and am not too bad handling the ball ... but I have never figured out how to nudge the pin. I may take you up on your offer, but only if I can repay in kind. I know my lone STTNG is no big deal, but the Star Trek LE might have you coming over to Murfreesboro when I actually get it later this year. I pre-ordered it from JJ at Game Exchange a while back.

So how did you guys all learn to nudge the pin? Any advice?

Another question, does anyone know movers with an Escalera motorized hand truck? My pins are up a flight of stairs around a 90 degree bend. It is unbelievably hard to move pins up there, especially 350 lb behemoths like TZ and STTNG. I will eventually need some help getting the ST and TH up there, and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

#3418 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The new ownership group has basically handed me over to 4 different people with wildly different price ranges. The fact of the matter is we stayed in the mall until the very end, and the new ownership had so many different discrepancies and not understanding the costs of the area (especially when we have an entertainment type of business that no one else will have) that they have alienated us beyond belief.

When we meet in person, I can tell you what I know ... not about your situation but about the situation in general. For obvious reasons, I can't put it in print. That said, I think you made the wise decision to not stick around at the mall. I am just really sorry that you were treated that way. It wasn't right.

#3419 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I got my Ac/DC from Buddy, and we are waiting on a Wizard of Oz on loan from him along with Jersey Jack products when he is able to get another (when the game is finally officially released).

I am very interested in seeing WOZ. Although the music would drive me batty, it has got to be a sight to behold. I will drop by the arcade when I get a chance. Parents coming to visit from Texas this weekend, so that is out. I am a Texas boy ... UT is in Austin, not Knoxville.

I may come by the tournament in May to see how badly my butt would be kicked.

I was glad to see that you and Buddy knew each other. That tells me I am working with the right guy on my Hobbit order.

#3420 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I haven't played the new Star Wars software, but I watched one of Crash's Star Wars videos and it sure looked to me like a ton of ramp shots still! I mean the points were way lower but it was ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp. Is that still the strategy?

Ramp shots aren't where it's at anymore. It's still an easy shot, but it's gone from 3 ramps for 3 mil, 7 ramps for 7 mil, etc., to 3 ramps for 1 mil, 7 ramps for 1 mil, etc. The skill shot is 2, 3, 4 million, so the ramp isn't worth it (although each shot spots a letter in STAR WARS, and completing that gets you 10 mil - it's a nice safe strategy for putting up some quick points).

The key now is multiball. Each shot to the Death Star spots a moon, and 8 or 9 moons lowers the death star target for multiball. Making that shot starts a 3 ball multiball. Once multiball is started, shoot the DS once to light the ramp for a 25M jackpot. Once that is collected, you have 10 seconds to hit the DS again for a 50M super jackpot. Hit the DS twice to light jackpot again. Rinse, repeat.

One more thing about multiball. After about 5 or 6 moons are lit, you'll get a sound that says "Death Star Approaching". If you want, push the ball handle launcher down and press the button. This instantly awards 5M and lowers the DS target for 10 seconds. If you make the shot you start multiball. If you miss, you lose all your moons and have to start over. Kind of a nice risk/reward.

The force scoop can give some good awards. There is a 50M Super Death Star award that is one of the choices.

Note that I rarely pull any of this off, but that's the basic strategy to the new code.

#3421 11 years ago

statsdoc, just use a rubber wheel dolly and have one person pull and one person push each step one at a time. Just make sure the pin is strapped up on the dolly first. We brought a Big Bang Bar upstairs that way all wrapped and everything and there were no issues.

On another note:

We're going to start offering "official" pinball challenges to people that can beat the "high scores" of certain pins, sort of a bounty of sorts. We'll start putting up bounties with signs on the machines shortly.

I can tell you the first ones will be to get the #1 score on Black Knight, Elvira, and AC/DC.

The rules are:
You can't work at the arcade, so Mike, Brandon, Richard, Rob, and Beat Em Up are out.

Probably do a $25 bounty on each pin.

I believe I currently have the high scores on all 3 of those pins right now....

#3422 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

We're going to start offering "official" pinball challenges to people that can beat the "high scores" of certain pins, sort of a bounty of sorts. We'll start putting up bounties with signs on the machines shortly.
I can tell you the first ones will be to get the #1 score on Black Knight, Elvira, and AC/DC.

This is a great idea! Very cool. Let us know when it's live.

#3423 11 years ago

Someone has some work to do on Twilight Zone! And let me know if White Water gets considered, I still haven't pulled off 5x multiball yet.

#3424 11 years ago

man thats weak.

#3425 11 years ago

If you aren't a paying customer, and have access to the keys, well, what are you expecting? lol

#3426 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

And we should be getting Metallica at the end of May.

Sweet, which version did you end up with?

I'm usually pretty "meh" on music themed pins but this has has me interested.

#3427 11 years ago

The thing is... Jason and I have put up a lot of huge scores.

I will personally give 25 bucks, on top of Jason's offer, to whoever can beat my 3 billion TZ score.

One catch - the offer expires 12:01AM, 1/1/14.

#3428 11 years ago

Svengo: I am getting the regular one...I am not dealing with premiums and all that.

I am going to be keeping the game at 75 cents a play and probably put Ac/DC down to 50 cents when it arrives.

#3429 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

The thing is... Jason and I have put up a lot of huge scores.
I will personally give 25 bucks, on top of Jason's offer, to whoever can beat my 3 billion TZ score.
One catch - the offer expires 12:01AM, 1/1/14.

Man, I forgot to tell you. When you put up that score the tilt bob was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. That will happen sometimes...

Still, an impressive score.

#3430 11 years ago

Looks like the tilt was knocked off from that tourney.

#3431 11 years ago

Here is a question for my Nashville neighbors...

I've put in a deposit with Trent in Ohio for the next Stern release (if it is a Star Trek) but started wondering if there is a local Nashville area Stern rep that y'all use.

Thanks,

Darin

#3432 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here is a question for my Nashville neighbors...
I've put in a deposit with Trent in Ohio for the next Stern release (if it is a Star Trek) but started wondering if there is a local Nashville area Stern rep that y'all use.
Thanks,
Darin

Hey Darin,
My research into this indicated that the Stern rep in this area is in Chattanooga. Why I have no personal dealings with that group, my pin repair guy (when it is beyond my skills) has nothing good to say about them. There are also postings in Pinside, both positive and negative, about the rep. I like to deal with individuals with sterling reputations. I also have the next Ritchie LE pin on order from Stern; I have a deposit with JJ at Game Exchange. I have also heard great things about Trent. Of course, you can also talk to Buddy (doughslingers). He is in your neck of the woods but is not a Stern dealer ... but he is a JJP dealer. Buddy also has a great reputation.

Any luck on the LOTR sale? You beat me to that one by a day or two when you bought it, but saved me in that I really needed to keep the powder dry for Star Trek (hopefully) and Hobbit. You have built quite the collection in a small amount of time. I don't have that kind of space or "dry powder".

Take care,
Scott

#3433 11 years ago

Yeah, I talked with JJ's brother who said they have a few spots left for pre-order. Their deposit is $1000 but Trent's is only $100 and Trent presold like 130 or so of the AC/DC LE's. I just bought (being shipped next week) Scooter's pimped out LOTR (though I did not pay his $8k asking price) and am putting a deposit on some high-end A/V equipment for a home theater we are designing. Due to all of that, I would rather not spend $1000 on the deposit but after emailing with Trent again I might do it as he cannot guarantee I get the LE and he already has like 150 people on his list.

I've also been considering putting down a deposit with Buddy for a Hobbit LE but that is more money. Ugh...I need to get me one of those trees that grow money.

I got an email on my LOTR today so we will see where that goes. Also, the possibility of trading my LOTR for the ToM on the forum from California has come up. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trade-for-lotr It would require yet another shipping charge for me and I've never played ToM, so not sure if that is worth it or not. Any thoughts on that potential trade?

Darin

#3434 11 years ago

My name is Larry Kitchen. I've been the Escalera dealer for 4 years now and recently started selling Sterns. I live in Benton KY which is about 2 hours west of Nashville so if I can help with any games or an Escalera let me know.

Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

#3435 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yeah, I talked with JJ's brother who said they have a few spots left for pre-order. Their deposit is $1000 but Trent's is only $100 and Trent presold like 130 or so of the AC/DC LE's. I just bought (being shipped next week) Scooter's pimped out LOTR (though I did not pay his $8k asking price) and am putting a deposit on some high-end A/V equipment for a home theater we are designing. Due to all of that, I would rather not spend $1000 on the deposit but after emailing with Trent again I might do it as he cannot guarantee I get the LE and he already has like 150 people on his list.
I've also been considering putting down a deposit with Buddy for a Hobbit LE but that is more money. Ugh...I need to get me one of those trees that grow money.
I got an email on my LOTR today so we will see where that goes. Also, the possibility of trading my LOTR for the ToM on the forum from California has come up. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trade-for-lotr It would require yet another shipping charge for me and I've never played ToM, so not sure if that is worth it or not. Any thoughts on that potential trade?
Darin

I do not have much experience on LOTR, but ToM was repetitive after a while. It is a beautiful game in a reasonable size collection. I have room for 2-4 pins, so it is not really a consideration for me. The only reason that LOTR is no longer a consideration for me is that we like the movie too much to hear lines from it over and over. It would spoil our annual viewing of the flick (12 hours - director's cut). It seems silly, but it is was it is. The other guys on this forum would have a better opinion on this trade.

I put in the deposit with JJ over a month ago, prior to the Metallica debacle. Since I am number 15 or 16 on their list, it should be a sure thing. If you don't get one and I do, you are welcome to come by and play it after I get it. I sure hope Stern doesn't have the same problems with ST as they are having with Metallica, but if Trent has that many on his list, it doesn't look good.

#3436 11 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

My name is Larry Kitchen. I've been the Escalera dealer for 4 years now and recently started selling Sterns. I live in Benton KY which is about 2 hours west of Nashville so if I can help with any games or an Escalera let me know.
Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

Hey Larry,
Is there any chance that you or someone around Nashville has an Escalera for rent. I can't justify the purchase as my pin buys are relatively infrequent, but it would probably be worth a rental in the future. I would use my heavy-duty hand truck, but I have wooden stairs and the hand truck I have would damage them. No rush, I am looking for the future.

Thanks,
Scott

#3437 11 years ago

Larry, do you have room for a another pre-order deposit for the Star Trek LE (presumed) Stern release?

#3438 11 years ago

Scott,

You are welcome to come and try mine out but it might be a bit far just to borrow but if you would like to try it out let me know. Once you use one you will want to buy it anyway. LOL

#3439 11 years ago

VP I sent you a pm.

Larry

#3440 11 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

You would laugh at my pitiful attempts at your high scores. I love to play, and am not too bad handling the ball ... but I have never figured out how to nudge the pin. I may take you up on your offer, but only if I can repay in kind. I know my lone STTNG is no big deal, but the Star Trek LE might have you coming over to Murfreesboro when I actually get it later this year. I pre-ordered it from JJ at Game Exchange a while back.

I maintain an even level of badness in all aspects of pinball STTNG is a great game and no doubt will make you better. No nudging tips from me but I find it hard to nudge widebodies anyways.

I got daddy duty tomorrow and will be at the house all afternoon so shoot me a PM if you want to come on over!

#3441 11 years ago

Wow this thread is hopping with lots of new folks. Welcome everyone. And Jason, stop being so damn bi-polar.

#3442 11 years ago

Got my ST LE pre-order in with JJ (actually spoke with his dad, Rich...super nice). Looking forward to that.

#3443 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No nudging tips from me but I find it hard to nudge widebodies anyways.

Aint that the TRUTH!!! Well except for DM! The handles make it to easy. I've had to get on a few of my drunk friends about shaking the shit out of mine!

Anybody need a freshly shopped out T2, Dr Dude, or Stargate that needs shopped? I'm wanting to get a AC/DC from Larry.

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#3444 11 years ago

Heck, I should get a Dr. Dude just because of what I do, lol. May be a little cheesy, though. Actually, I'm needing to sell my LOTR as Scooter's LOTR LE I purchased is being shipped next week. I have not had any significant action on my LOTR. I would like to sell it to offset other expenses I have going on but may be down for trades if this thing hangs around for a while.

#3445 11 years ago

Matt which game is currently at Pintucky's house?

#3446 11 years ago

Volpin I will fix your right up with "the dude" He's cheesy but he is a groovy dude lol!

Crash Stargate and Dr Dude are at Pintucky's. We co-own them of course and are looking to sell both. I can't believe I'm looking at NIB pins but I'm wanting a AC/DC pro or Tron Pro. I'd be willing to trade on a nice HUO example of either or buy outright also.

T2 is at my place and I'm the sole owner. I really like it, but I don't need it and a AC/DC since they are "sorta" similar.

#3447 11 years ago

Ah looking to sell those already? I'd like to try Stargate and only got a chance to play Dr. Dude a little bit. My problem is I won't be up there until WOZ arrives, which I expect to happen before June.

#3448 11 years ago

Matt, got one coming for you!

#3449 11 years ago

Which Matt?

#3450 11 years ago

Crash Stargate its a cool pin, but I don't like the Gottlieb "clunk" or a mylar'd playfield. I'd rather pass it on unshopped to someone who will enjoy it when there done shopping it out. It's in good shape and would make a nice pin when done. I just can't get into Dr Dude.

Larry I sent you an email.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.