tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 119.
#3551 10 years ago

who said demo man?

#3552 10 years ago

B_R has a nice one for sale.

#3553 10 years ago

Simpsons is now at the arcade. Way better than the one we had last time.

#3554 10 years ago

IFPA rankings with results from the last tournament should be updated later tonight. I'm guessing they had a pretty big workload from Pinburgh, plus I slacked for a few weeks getting it to them.

Don't forget, next tournament is next Saturday, May 11th, 2 PM! Spread the word. Can someone from Game Galaxy post the info or a link to www.midtnpinball.com on their Facebook page/Mid TN coin op group?

Thanks again for everyone's support with the league - much appreciated!

#3555 10 years ago

What is the game lineup for the 11th? I have a friend who wants to enter. I won't be playing in this one since I played in the last one and want to spend more time playing the new stuff/fixing things.

#3556 10 years ago

I got PMed by who I would assume is a moderator.

Apparently you are ALLOWED to complain about pricing in the marketplace forums, but you AREN'T ALLOWED to complain about the people complaining about the prices.

Now I am not sure if communists run Pinside for 2K monies or not but after everyone was saying you can "comment" however you want and then that was told to me, I am not sure what to think, but they are aware they do things differently here...

Guarantee you if I start a thread for a 30K Simpsons I'll be banned though, lol.

#3557 10 years ago

This is why I have not advertised any pins on this site. Total train wreck!

#3558 10 years ago

Their solution is to advertise on the MARKET at the top of the screen vs the MARKETPLACE in the actual forums because people can't price police you there....that's not confusing at all!

I guess they forget that half the people don't even look at Market; everyone is on the forums...

#3559 10 years ago

The FS threads can be a hot mess. I've had the best luck with selling games on Mr Pinball

#3560 10 years ago

I need to try Mr Pinball on T2.

#3561 10 years ago

The IFPA has seriously screwed up my ranking and stats because of a simple misspelling.

Apparently, I have two profiles, and I have no way of clearing this up.

http://www.ifpapinball.com//player.php?t=p&player_id=17136
http://www.ifpapinball.com//player.php?t=p&player_id=18911

#3562 10 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

The IFPA has seriously screwed up my ranking and stats because of a simple misspelling.
Apparently, I have two profiles, and I have no way of clearing this up.
http://www.ifpapinball.com//player.php?t=p&player_id=17136
http://www.ifpapinball.com//player.php?t=p&player_id=18911

Have you contacted them? If not I'll drop them an email. I've found them to be extremely helpful.

#3563 10 years ago

That would be my fault. Blame Greg Maddux.

And you're Mattox, correct?

#3564 10 years ago

Mike Mattox yeah.

#3565 10 years ago

It's no major ordeal. I just find it amusing that the folks who run the site didn't notice a similarity in the names.

I've tried the contact me tab. The only problem is, the captcha isn't showing up in my browser, so I can't send a message.

#3566 10 years ago

new setup for now until i have to move all this shit in Nov

IMG_0089.JPGIMG_0089.JPG

#3567 10 years ago

White Water color DMD will be in the arcade on May 10.

Plan on us opening Weds/Thurs permanently in June. Will announce on website and change hours shortly (Richard will be in charge of all this)

#3568 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

White Water color DMD will be in the arcade on May 10.
Plan on us opening Weds/Thurs permanently in June. Will announce on website and change hours shortly (Richard will be in charge of all this)

Good to hear the finances are looking up!

#3569 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Good to hear the finances are looking up!

Eh? I am a collector, I buy/sell stuff all the time....has nothing to do with finances...I just know I won't be getting rid of White Water....

#3570 10 years ago

How far away is the Game Galaxy from the airport? I'm staying the night by the airport on Saturday prior to a flight Sunday morning. If I have the time, I would love to see the place and bring my family to play for a couple of hours if time permits. Part of that will depend on if little league gets rained out Saturday. If it does, we can leave for Nashville earlier than I thought we might be able to.

#3571 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Eh? I am a collector, I buy/sell stuff all the time....has nothing to do with finances...I just know I won't be getting rid of White Water....

Then why did you close mid-week? The place still has to make something, there are bills to pay.

#3572 10 years ago

As some of you may know, I have a LOTR for sale. Pix here: http://imgur.com/a/v1m5E

There is a STTNG for sale on pinside here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-star-trek-the-next-generation-sttng

The guy may be interested in a trade. Based on pix, how much do you think I should have him give me in addition to the STTNG or do you think I should not do this trade at all. BTW, I'm asking $4800 but know that is probably more than I'll get for it.

Thanks for the input.

Darin

#3573 10 years ago

I'd say +300 if you make the drive, +600 if he brings it to you. Both are slightly overvalued IMO but his less so than yours. The LOTR cab is pretty well beat up. Both are great games that I'd love to own one day.

#3574 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Then why did you close mid-week? The place still has to make something, there are bills to pay.

A little thing called overhead.

With the electricity on, and all the games running, we still need a bunch of people to come in to break even given the rent for the space, and the bills for water, electricity, phone, and internet. Not to mention we buy consoles and games. So that is more money. And if we buy games, but no one comes into play, or buy the games/consoles we purchase, we lose more money.

From what I understand, I was lead to believe that basically Wednesday's and Thursday's will be a trial run to see if people show up. But apparently, it's now going to be permanent.

#3575 10 years ago

That's why Jason closed mid-week to begin with, overhead. He must've mistook my post as strictly talking about the White Water ColorDMD (which I can't want to see by the way) and I knew he likes to buy stuff for the games he likes. Why is Wednesday/Thursday permanent now? Given that I assumed the finances were looking better. From my experience we are (slowly) getting more people in the door. Haven't seen the place deserted since a couple of visits ago.

#3576 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

As some of you may know, I have a LOTR for sale. Pix here: http://imgur.com/a/v1m5E

I was checking out your Lord of the Rings on Craigslist and wishing I had a lame machine or two that I could sell to make room and raise funds. Turns out, I really don't.

I guess that's a good problem to have.

#3577 10 years ago

Williams was that you I saw around 1:30 at Holiday Wash playing Addams Family? There was another guy with him, couldn't tell if it was you.

#3578 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Williams was that you I saw around 1:30 at Holiday Wash playing Addams Family? There was another guy with him, couldn't tell if it was you.

That was me, I was solo. You should have said hi. Just logged on to compliment you on the condition of those machines. Nice job.

#3579 10 years ago

I would've but wasn't there long. Thanks, but Hook has weak sauce flippers. We're really tight on money at the moment so it won't improve any time soon.

#3580 10 years ago

Just came back from Bowling World and played their Pirates of the Caribbean. I usually put a few dollars in to help support the cause but the replay setting was crazy low and was short on time today. I did notice that when I sunk one of the ships the ship toy binded on the plastic shield because the sails weren't down. Wonder if that was a switch issue, solenoid binding, or a software bug.

#3581 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I was checking out your Lord of the Rings on Craigslist and wishing I had a lame machine or two that I could sell to make room and raise funds. Turns out, I really don't.
I guess that's a good problem to have.

Well, let me know if something comes up. I'm out of the country starting tomorrow for a week and will be unavailable I think.

#3582 10 years ago

Sucks about much of the stuff at GG being down because of the remodel going on but Richard was nice enough to get Stargate plugged up for me.I hadn't played one for a long time and I forgot how much I liked that pin. I'm definitely picking up one of those someday.

#3583 10 years ago

Do you have a list of games that were affected? Hopefully Stargate and Party Zone will be available when I come by Saturday? I'll be playing the heck out of those.

#3584 10 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying Stargate. Hold both flipper buttons in for about 5 secs before you launch the first ball. This will disable all the helpful but annoying call outs. "Shoot the pyramid! Shoot the pyramid! Shoot the pyramid!" I KNOW DAMMIT!!!!

#3585 10 years ago

Was at GG last night (actually did a post on that)...had fun but the majority (2/3 or so I'd guess) of their stuff is down. There were many titles I was very disappointed at not being able to play. Overall, had fun but still bummed out as I doubt I'll be in Nashville again for at least 6 months.

#3586 10 years ago

Were they actually down or just turned off? It's pretty common for them to keep pins powered off when not in use

#3587 10 years ago

Power supply issues so most rows of machines had no power to them.

#3588 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Power supply issues so most rows of machines had no power to them.

I was at the Kingsport auction so let me chime in....

There were no "power supply issues", the company next door took our outlets and as predicted didn't bring an electrician as promised before they did this so 25 of the pins were out.

I am here today and I got some of the stuff up on temporary areas but until these guys next door bring an electrician (they are taking over part of our space) we can't do anything unfortunately.

We didn't even know this was happening until Friday (of course I was in Kingsport) so it sucks you came all the way down here but to appease the issues we priced everything at $6 instead of $10 all day for Saturday because of that issue.

#3589 10 years ago

Guys, I will have a Taxi for trade available soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

#3590 10 years ago

(From www.midtnpinball.com)

Here's the tentative lineup for this month's tournament. Games subject to change.

Addams Family
No Fear
Tron
Demolition Man

Alternates
Indy 500
Creature From the Black Lagoon

We'll keep the same format as last tournament (2 games on each machine, top 3 players play a 3 game final)

#3591 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Guys, I will have a Taxi for trade available soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I thought it was going to Huntsville.

#3592 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If you might be interested in trading it for some other, non-pinball coin-op stuff, lemme know.

#3593 10 years ago

Fatsquatch: It has to be pinball.

Diskoboy: I might want a different game.

#3594 10 years ago

Just letting you guys know I went to Global Mall / Hickory Hollow Mall today and there is 0% chance of us having anything there. Besides the fact that none of the people I spoke to besides the GM are even there anymore and earlier agreed upon deals have been thrown up in the air, there is an arcade with redemption like games already being placed in the location where Electronics Express originally was. Not sure who owns it (probably the mall as I saw a Betson ladder there so I am assuming they had something to do with it as they are a distributor) but that is what is happening there. There is a Mexican consulate there as well and hundreds of people were in the mall today, so I am sure traffic won't be an issue anymore there.

#3595 10 years ago

That's not news to me, but I am surprised they managed to get someone in there. I can't see it lasting, or that other arcade either. We have Game Galaxy, we have Chuck E. Cheese. Classic and modern approaches, people will choose. There is no room in Antioch's entertainment COI for that third location, you watch.

#3596 10 years ago

I dunno, there were a lot of people in that mall today, and that was where the foot traffic is mostly but either way, I think the mall itself owns that business as well. I could be wrong but the whole situation was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen in my life (how we were treated through this whole situation).

#3597 10 years ago

That sucks man. The old place looked pretty awesome. Got a plan b in mind?

#3598 10 years ago

myork: We are sticking with Plan A, that was our Plan B (going back to the mall)

#3599 10 years ago

Thats not a bad spot were your at. Yeah foot traffic would help but its easy to get to since its right off the interstate. Plenty of space also! I'm gonna try to make it down Saturday if its raining. If not I have work to do

#3600 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Thats not a bad spot were your at. Yeah foot traffic would help but its easy to get to since its right off the interstate. Plenty of space also! I'm gonna try to make it down Saturday if its raining. If not I have work to do

Tournament starts at 2 if you're interested!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.