tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 119.
#4001 10 years ago

Aaaand...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4002 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

What the heck is a POTO

POTO is a POS.

#4003 10 years ago

HEY!

I like my Phantom of the Opera!

#4004 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

What the heck is a POTO you have POTC and POTO....
Pinball abbreviations need to go or else you'll have crap like this:
FS: POTO GC SO WTT 4 DMDG WW, Wh20, LOTR, DERP

I'll give you $2000 for your DERP machine.

That one has always been my favorite - Screw TZ....

#4005 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Doughslingers needs to bring it here already then =P

I will bring it to the Kpt auction and you can take it back. Sorry about the delay.

#4006 10 years ago

doughslingers not a problem, I will make sure Rob gets in touch with you about it when he is there as he is bringing the truck there for me....

#4007 10 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I'll give you $2000 for your DERP machine.
That one has always been my favorite - Screw TZ....

We just picked up a Whodunnit. It had some Derp but now it is mostly not derp. Come try it out if you have never played a murder mystery pinball before!

#4008 10 years ago

Also, Space Invaders Pinball is up and running and if you have been living under a rock the last week tomorrow is the last day for free Metallica and Ac/DC.....

#4009 10 years ago

Whodunnit is totally awesome!! Lack of a wizard mode is the only thing keeping it from being an A lister. That and the lopsided scoring with the Roulette. Super fun game to me nonetheless. I look forward to putting up a new GC score next time I'm up there.

#4010 10 years ago

I have finally gotten the chance to play Revenge from Mars. We stopped by Cow Lick's in Daytona for a few games. It's $1 per play and it's set to 5 balls. That was really unexpected, I knew the guy has his Pin2Ks on $1 but was pleasantly surprised to see 5 balls! I'll put up a gameplay video later this week. Tilts are set soft on his machines too. They're a little dirty but I know they get played a lot.

#4011 10 years ago

Man I suck at Scared Stiff!

#4012 10 years ago

Much to my surprise Mardi Gras has 2 new pins: X-Men and Avengers. They are both $1 a play. X-Men has some playfield dirt so it's been getting played. Avengers still looks brand new, no dirt or wear. After going through the photos I noticed the operator left a small piece of styrofoam packing above the jet bumpers on Avengers. More evidence the operator really doesn't know what he's doing. And of course Lord of the Rings is still as filthy as it was this time last year. I didn't get the chance to play any of them. LotR is 50 cents. All I have to say is good luck and I hope those machines pay for themselves within 2 or 3 years' time. Especially considering the endless design problems with both games.

Oh and the White Water was obviously gone as well. Fingers crossed it didn't go straight to the dumpster.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4013 10 years ago

Avengers is AWFUL.

I am now awaiting a Star Trek Data East for the arcade. Should arrive soon.

Games I am looking for if anyone is keeping an eye out:
Tommy
Millionaire
Spider-Man
Iron Man

#4014 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Avengers is AWFUL.

The clearcoat on this machine looks horrendous. Waves on the surface and what looks like ugly uneven blobs on the big hero inserts above the flippers. Typical garbage Stern quality!

#4015 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The clearcoat on this machine looks horrendous. Waves on the surface and what looks like ugly uneven blobs on the big hero inserts above the flippers. Typical garbage Stern quality!

Part it out.

#4016 10 years ago

Kinda hard to do since I don't own it. No one could pay these guys to haul off major beaters that don't work anyway.

By the way nice acquisition Jason. A holy grail of Japanese gaming culture!

#4017 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

By the way nice acquisition Jason. A holy grail of Japanese gaming culture!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Holy Crap!! Why aren't I already there playing that?
I never expected to be able to play one of those. Hopefully I have free time this Saturday afternoon.

I wouldn't even want to guess shipping costs on that. lol

#4018 10 years ago

Darius is from the container of candy cabs I picked up the other day.

#4019 10 years ago

I heard you got some cheap Japanese games, sweet deal.

#4020 10 years ago

They are just cabinets with monitors....."cheap" is all relative considering a container alone costs $4000.

#4021 10 years ago

Hey Jason, how much for a candy cab? Are they Jamma?

#4022 10 years ago

They are JVS....they are all spoken for because everyone that works here freaking bought em all

#4023 10 years ago

If you bring any more in I would be interested in a 1p vertical and a 2p horizontal.

#4024 10 years ago

All the ones that came in were 1P horizontal...most of us had to order panels, sticks, etc. No idea if I will bring any in anymore, this was a nightmare with these.

#4025 10 years ago

I was really fortunate to visit Japan back in 2007. It was absolutely AMAZING. I highly recommend visiting there. The people were incredibly awesome and totally accommodating. I went in a pachinko arcade in Tokyo and played but had no idea what I was doing unfortunately. Also went to SEGA Joypolis. Fun times and I digress.

#4026 10 years ago

#4027 10 years ago

I think yesterday was the first time at GG in a long time that I played Vid games more than pinball. That Darius is just freakin' awesome! Anyone that can plow through that game solo on the hardest difficulty setting without continuing is just not human LOL.

That Whodunnit is indeed a very fun game although the slot machine reels don't seem to work but I hear that's pretty common on that game.

#4028 10 years ago

Nothing like spending 2-1/2 hours fixing "neglected" problems with games on location! White Water at Bonker's got GI LEDs and I resleeved the flippers. Also got some (working) lock targets. Finally got the sound board repaired so that and Addams Family are both good again on sound.

Anyone stopped by? Ever? The score to beat on Frankenstein is 1.2 billion!

#4029 10 years ago

They are JVS....they are all spoken for because everyone that works here freaking bought em all

We sure did!

20130822_223203_zps1d8f7bbc.jpg20130822_223203_zps1d8f7bbc.jpg 20130820_124415_zpsf4acbc1a.jpg20130820_124415_zpsf4acbc1a.jpg

#4030 10 years ago

Due to several requests and people not being able to make it we'll push the next tournament back a week to September 14th at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy. Here's the tentative game list (look at me being proactive!)

Taxi
Sopranos (Jason and the guys have made this one harder recently)
Getaway - High Speed II
Tron

Alternates
AC/DC

#4031 10 years ago

We should have the Data East Star Trek in the arcade Tuesday. The remaining 15 or so pins will be put in the arcade as soon as the last part of the wall is done.

#4032 10 years ago

Good to hear the move is going well.

#4033 10 years ago

Hey I lived in TN for almost 9 years before moving back to Va where I'm from. I'm visiting in a few weeks and can't wait to spend Tues. Sept. 10 at GG! It's actually my #1 priority when I'm there other than helping to pack up a friend that I'm helping move (which takes place the day of the tournament dangit). Not sure I'll have much other free time to visit other good locations out there if there are any (sorry not taking the time to read all 80 pages of this thread tonight). I am trying to spread the pinball fever among my friends there hopefully can get a good bunch of them to go with me. Seems like a nice group of pinheads you have over there, would be great to get to say hi if anyone else is out there for their Tuesday special let me know.

#4034 10 years ago

Looking forward to visiting Game Galaxy on Saturday. I really want to try out that Dariusburst.

#4035 10 years ago

Crash, I wouldn't say it is "going well" by any means. I will be actively looking for another location so we can leave by August 2014. There is just too much micromanaging and us not being able to do what we want with our spot.

#4036 10 years ago

Hey Aaron, if weather permits I could bring up my freshly dialed in player's EBD for the tourney.

Or in keeping with Jason's past tourneys I could bring up a mystery game, no BBB but rare enough that most people won't normally have a chance to play outside of conventions/shows.

PM if interested.

#4037 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Crash, I wouldn't say it is "going well" by any means. I will be actively looking for another location so we can leave by August 2014.

Memphis Game Galaxy, make it so....

#4038 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hey Aaron, if weather permits I could bring up my freshly dialed in player's EBD for the tourney.
Or in keeping with Jason's past tourneys I could bring up a mystery game, no BBB but rare enough that most people won't normally have a chance to play outside of conventions/shows.
PM if interested.

I plan on making it up there Saturday the 14. Won't be playing the tourney. Hopefully I'll be bringing 2 friends with me.

#4039 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Memphis Game Galaxy, make it so....

Seconded...

#4040 10 years ago

fumbleflippers: You find a mall spot willing to let me in, and two people to run the place, and a tech, and I am in, or someone who wants to put a game store in there for free to cover the people watching the place....that is the only barrier. I almost would never be able to go to Memphis though but I know at least 2 malls are out there.

Also, sell me Millionaire before I find one= )

#4041 10 years ago

White Water LEDs at Bonker's Pizza in Lebanon. Come stop by!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4042 10 years ago

Finally, more TFTC progress.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

We should try this more often...

fr_707.jpgfr_707.jpg fr_708.jpgfr_708.jpg

1 week later
#4043 10 years ago

I have seen the light folks... video coming tomorrow.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4044 10 years ago

any news on the kingsport auction today?

#4045 10 years ago

There should be a thread about it on Pinside with prices.

#4046 10 years ago

Random TFTC pictures while I wait for hours prepping the WOZ video:

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4048 10 years ago

Tournament on Saturday the 14th at Game Galaxy. Come one come all. Come see how we have less room to play with the wall not being painted yet.

#4049 10 years ago

I'll be there to rock some Darius and Dragon's Lair as well!

#4050 10 years ago

Very nice video. Thanks for doing this.

Haven't seen a WOZ in person yet, but I think this video gets rid of any fears of the game playing slow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,800 (OBO)
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.