IMG_1158 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8179512_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20231019_121421 (resized).jpg
20231019_123220 (resized).jpg
972503_c72157a435464f19b42f1685b252e83a~mv2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 19,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 387.
#19001 13 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have to disagree. The LEDs pull more amps than we realize. The resistors at the power supply at the USB plugs get too warm from the draw from the LEDs. It is not wise to put LED strips pulling 5V from any USB port on any pc.
The only thing that the service USB ports should be used for is updating code in my opinion

If that's the case PB should state that that's all they should be used for.

#19002 13 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:What evidence do you have of "overheating components"?
I had no issues with a few LED strips connected to them.

I did that and it blanked out both screens. I quickly unplugged and never threw any external usb in it since. These computers are delicate with USB. What we have done here in this thread is open up the power supply and rig a power strip in. Been’bullet proof’ ever-since.

#19003 12 days ago

New code is out... 4.1.2 just released. Must have 4.1.1 installed then step to 4.1.2

#19004 12 days ago

I’m kinda curious what “improved flipper coils” means from a software side of things.

IMG_9893 (resized).jpegIMG_9893 (resized).jpeg
#19006 12 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

New code is out... 4.1.2 just released. Must have 4.1.1 installed then step to 4.1.2

can you do a full update to 4.1.2 vs. a delta, which is what this sounds like from what you mentioned.?

#19007 12 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

can you do a full update to 4.1.2 vs. a delta, which is what this sounds like from what you mentioned.?

pbros Fbook page states you need 4.1.1 to go to 4.1.2, so thats the process as i understand it.

#19008 12 days ago

I could be in the minority here, but I feel like it takes way too long for the game to autolaunch the ball in multiball and for ball save. You actually have time to click and launch the ball yourself before the game will do it for you.

#19009 12 days ago

Reversing Staged Flipper option now working

#19010 12 days ago

I just updated and ONLY my upper flippers work now. SMH.

Now I am back on 4.1.1 and works correctly. I guess I can't update to 4.1.2 .

#19011 12 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I did that and it blanked out both screens. I quickly unplugged and never threw any external usb in it since. These computers are delicate with USB. What we have done here in this thread is open up the power supply and rig a power strip in. Been’bullet proof’ ever-since.

I'm thinking I didn't have any issues because we are on 230v-240v here in Australia.

#19012 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Same here and I tried all the staged flipper modes.
It's either top or bottom flippers working only, not both
Will have to go back to 4.1.1

#19013 12 days ago

So half the flippers don’t work at all with the new code? Maybe it’s best to hold off for now?

#19014 12 days ago

How strange have you checked you have the two leaf switches make contact with a full depression of the flipper button ?
That sounds like only 1 is making contact for only upper or lower to work or one is always making contact maybe

#19015 12 days ago

Mine works as advertised on an RV

#19016 12 days ago
Quoted from Crewey:

How strange have you checked you have the two leaf switches make contact with a full depression of the flipper button ?
That sounds like only 1 is making contact for only upper or lower to work or one is always making contact maybe

SV only have one switch for both buttons.

@SV-owners is it possible that there is an LV mode you can switch off?

#19017 12 days ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

SV only have one switch for both buttons.
@SV-owners is it possible that there is an LV mode you can switch off?

Ok, RV does have 2 leafs

#19018 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Same here….only upper flippers.

Edit:
I turned off the staged flippers and then did a reboot and they came back.

Adjustment 42 and 43 (stage left and stage right). It needed the reboot, it wouldn’t work normally

#19019 12 days ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Same here….only upper flippers.
Edit:
I turned off the staged flippers and then did a reboot and they came back.
Adjustment 42 and 43 (stage left and stage right). It needed the reboot, it wouldn’t work normally

I had a feeling it might have something to do with staged flippers. Thanks.

#19020 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Big thing for me was the reboot too, I made the changes initially, exited the game etc.

It only fixed once I did that reboot post changes. Good luck!

#19021 12 days ago

Did they pull the update? The download is tiny and can’t be correct.

#19022 12 days ago

It's incremental and sounds like no media assets so it's probably right

#19023 12 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Did they pull the update? The download is tiny and can’t be correct.

It’s right, worked for me just now. As others noted, had to turn staged flippers off in settings.

#19024 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Hey kciaccio ... I just installed 4.1.2 and I have an SV like you and had the same problem.

Even after disabling staged flippers in the system menu, only one set of flippers would fire. I had to power off the machine and power it back on... then all 4 flippers fired as normal. Something must not be getting reset after disabling staged flippers. Staged flippers were defaulted to being ON after I updated.

Hope that helps.

#19025 12 days ago

Ok WTF. I updated to the new code and I have no lower flipper. So I went back to the previous code and still no lower flippers. They work in test but not in game play. This machine has been solid as hell till this. Any suggestions?

#19026 12 days ago

I'll wait for 4.1.3...

#19027 12 days ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Ok WTF. I updated to the new code and I have no lower flipper. So I went back to the previous code and still no lower flippers. They work in test but not in game play. This machine has been solid as hell till this. Any suggestions?

Ya, apparently you have to go in and disable staged flipper right, stage left save and then reboot the game.

#19028 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ya, apparently you have to go in and disable staged flipper right, stage left save and then reboot the game.

In my case, it took more than a reboot. I had to power-cycle.

#19029 12 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

In my case, it took more than a reboot. I had to power-cycle.

Ya, when I say reboot I mean power off and turn back on..lol I probably misuse the term.

#19030 12 days ago

So mine says 2-stage flippers no already is that the wrong setting to be looking for?

#19031 12 days ago

Read a few posts back, you just need to turn off staged flippers (default is normal) turn the game off to power cycle it and it will work. Nothing wrong with your game.

#19032 12 days ago

The stage stage flippers say no am I on the wrong setting

#19033 12 days ago

I think it’s 42 and 43 in system settings. Mine was set to normal after updating.

#19034 12 days ago

For mine 43 in system settings is E.O.S for installed it says no, 42 is flipper hold duty, 39 is 2-stage flippers set to no.

#19035 12 days ago

43 and 44 should be set to OFF. Then remember to POWER CYCLE.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#19036 12 days ago

Yep non of my setting say that, but after a few power on and offs they work again

#19037 12 days ago

Ok everyone it was my dumb ass. I loaded up the new code did as told and everything works. Sorry for being hardheaded.

#19038 12 days ago

Ok everyone is m a dumb ass. I loaded up the new code did as told and everything work. Sorry for being hardheaded.

Okay, then I won't wait for 4.1.3.

#19039 12 days ago

Damn, all these posts, I thought someone magically received a topper.

#19040 12 days ago

Nah just code for the topper nobody has yet

#19041 12 days ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Second update for the topper that nobody has yet...At least they are sorting out topper issues before they arrive.

#19042 12 days ago

Looking to join the Alien club....have a lead on a nice Ripley version....can anyone here chime in as to the Pros/Cons of a standard version vs a Ripley? TIA!

#19043 12 days ago

That's a new one.

#19044 12 days ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Improved light shows!

(That we’ve never seen)

#19045 12 days ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Looking to join the Alien club....have a lead on a nice Ripley version....can anyone here chime in as to the Pros/Cons of a standard version vs a Ripley? TIA!

I’ve broken down the differences between models at some point in this thread (search my name).

Personally I think the RV is best all around package. I like the art on the SV, but it’s missing a lot under the glass. I’m not a fan of the powder coat on the LV, but the lit side blades are nice.

#19046 12 days ago

I think RV may be the best option but with used SV going for 6k or less these days it’s hard to to say no to that

#19047 12 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

43 and 44 should be set to OFF. Then remember to POWER CYCLE.
[quoted image]

Thanks. That sorted it.

#19048 11 days ago

Shout-out to Pinball Brothers for their fast support. They first sent out a replacement display as mine showed signs of damage out of the box, and they also sent out a replacement slingshot plastic after mine broke after only 10 plays.

Sidenote: does anyone make plastic protectors for the slings, or would the plastic clear washers be enough to prevent this from happening again in the future?

#19049 11 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Shout-out to Pinball Brothers for their fast support. They first sent out a replacement display as mine showed signs of damage out of the box, and they also sent out a replacement slingshot plastic after mine broke after only 10 plays.
Sidenote: does anyone make plastic protectors for the slings, or would the plastic clear washers be enough to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Colywobbles makes the best ones

#19050 11 days ago

For anyone who's interested here's a few videos of how I have implemented the Pinnunciator with their LED light sensor IO boards to run small RC beacons.

The bottom red beacon turns on when Special is lit.
The blue beacon(s) turn on when Extra Ball is lit.
The Xeno red beacon(s) turn on when 2X is lit.

The yellow ones are connected to the topper beacons via bottom playfield box.

The illuminated side strips are facing down and just taped to the playfield glass and are on all the time (for me), but you can program any color you want in any sections and doing anything you want (flashing, strobing, solid, etc), through the software.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 160.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 19,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 387.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/381 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.