20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 378.
#15451 6 months ago

All mods ordered! So cool. Glad PB did this for us Alien fans!

#15452 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/300#post-7802965
Note that my photos are plugged into the WRONG port in those photos. You want to go one further back (I think it’s in the middle). Someone corrected me a few posts below

Thank you! I emailed pinball brothers and they got back to me. They will be running some more beacons for the topper so will be able to order on their website. So that’s cool.

#15453 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

All mods ordered! So cool. Glad PB did this for us Alien fans!

where did you order mods from?

#15454 6 months ago

Does anyone know what type of Mirror blades fit in Alien?

#15456 6 months ago

Just got caught up.

#15457 6 months ago

Will PB offer any sort of discount on the new items to existing owners?

#15458 6 months ago

In for a topper!

#15459 6 months ago

Where do you get one in europe? Only pbusa seems to be the webshop?

#15460 6 months ago

Where are the inner blades? Are these art blades? They are supposed to be in the new game version so where is the option for buying those separately?

#15461 6 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

where did you order mods from?

PB website. http://pbusasales.com/

#15462 6 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Where do you get one in europe? Only pbusa seems to be the webshop?

Yeah I'm trying to find out the situation for Australia too - with the toppers so limited I kind of want to order one sooner rather than later.

#15463 6 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

No

#15464 6 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where are the inner blades? Are these art blades? They are supposed to be in the new game version so where is the option for buying those separately?

Exclusive to the Ripely version

#15465 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where can you order the beacon lights?

They will be available to order soon.
Hold on.

#15466 6 months ago

This is the sh$t….Thought I had to have another machine…..Nope….I can just add the new toys!

#15467 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where can you order the beacon lights?

You can get the beacons on Amazon. If any SV owners want a set wired up, plug and play, working just like the lv, just reach out.

ASPL 2pcs LED Warning Flash Beacon Lights, 60 LED Amber Warning Safety Flashing Strobe Lights with Magnetic and 16 ft Straight Cord for Vehicle Truck Tractor Golf Carts UTV Car Bus,12V-24V https://a.co/d/g5nf114

#15468 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am not opposed to lower prices across this board for this hobby. That would be a good thing for everyone and the hobby in general. That isn't the issue here, IMO. This isn't a new release or game, though. Big difference.
For a model of how companies should handle these type of situations, see Chicago Gamings enhancements to the original MMr's. That is how you do it while keeping your previous customers whole.

You're crazy. It's a premium hobby/interest and you need to understand it's not always about value/cost. It is what it is so accept it or find a less expensive/different hobby. You just pay what it costs because you love it.. Get over it FFS and please shutup now. Thank god you're not into car mods (my other hobby as well as RC planes), if you think pinball is lose money/value!

#15469 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've said my last on this issue. I know some don't like it but one thing I have noticed in this hobby is a tendency for many to just accept anything these manuacturers do or poor customer service with little complaint.
I guess on the heels of Sterns Stranger Things move, I just got to the point where I have had enough. Yes, I am admittedly a bit salty and cynical about this hobby right now so my apologies to those on the board that have remained civil.
I love Alien which is why I still have the game. I just wish PB was doing more to acknowledge the issue I've raised and do something for the loyalty of those who supported them a lot earlier.

Good!

#15470 6 months ago

Very much doubt it

#15471 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can get the beacons on Amazon. If any SV owners want a set wired up, plug and play, working just like the lv, just reach out.
ASPL 2pcs LED Warning Flash Beacon Lights, 60 LED Amber Warning Safety Flashing Strobe Lights with Magnetic and 16 ft Straight Cord for Vehicle Truck Tractor Golf Carts UTV Car Bus,12V-24V https://a.co/d/g5nf114

I don't think we know that these will fit within the new topper yet.

#15472 6 months ago

I think these are the discount prices for existing owners. Who else would be buying them?

#15473 6 months ago

Wonder what this means regarding the topper?

• Individually controlled tubes in the backboard - interactive with game modes

Looking at the picture I can't really tell. I'm assuming maybe they are just referring to LED strips.

#15474 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wonder what this means regarding the topper?
• Individually controlled tubes in the backboard - interactive with game modes
Looking at the picture I can't really tell. I'm assuming maybe they are just referring to LED strips.

These tubes..

Screenshot_20231018_084659_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231018_084659_Chrome (resized).jpg
#15475 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you know those would fit with the topper? It seems beacons are different in sizes?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15476 6 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Get over it FFS and please shutup now.

If you dont have something nice to say....

#15477 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How do you know those would fit with the topper? It seems beacons are different in sizes?

Oh, I did t mean to imply they would be for the topper, just a separate stand alone. Don’t beacons come with the topper?

#15478 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I don't think we know that these will fit within the new topper yet.

Dont beacons have to come with the topper? What will lv owners do if the beacons they have don’t fit the topper? I think the ones I linked to are similar to what the lv has, but you are right that we don’t know.

#15479 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Oh, I did t mean to imply they would be for the topper, just a separate stand alone. Don’t beacons come with the topper?

No, LV owners have to transfer their existing ones to the topper. It comes with caps on where they go.

#15480 6 months ago

For that price that topper just isn't doing it for me. Maybe seeing a video of it in action would sway me.

#15481 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Dont beacons have to come with the topper? What will lv owners do if the beacons they have don’t fit the topper? I think the ones I linked to are similar to what the lv has, but you are right that we don’t know.

From what ive looked at, I ahve not seen any that resemble the shape/size of what come with the LV.. I have the apron mod and have been hesitant to put the upgraded ones in as they really do not look nearly as good as the stock LV beacons.

#15482 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

From what ive looked at, I ahve not seen any that resemble the shape/size of what come with the LV.. I have the apron mod and have been hesitant to put the upgraded ones in as they really do not look nearly as good as the stock LV beacons.

I think you are in the minority there. I (and many others) absolutely hate those short/muted LV beacons lol. In fact, they look REALLY bad on that topper. Just my opinion though.

#15483 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For that price that topper just isn't doing it for me. Maybe seeing a video of it in action would sway me.

My feelings as well. Plus, I really like the taller, brighter beacons (not the stock LV ones), and I think those will look proportionally out of place. The smaller ones in the photos look fine. It's a nice-looking sculpt, but I'm taking a pass.

#15484 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think you are in the minority there. I (and many others) absolutely hate those short/muted LV beacons lol. In fact, they look REALLY bad on that topper. Just my opinion though.

Yea maybe. I love the short ones. The big ones look really ugly and awkward to me. When I received teh replacements from Evolution mods, I laughed and said, nope! not putting these in.

Granted, I still havent even had time to install my apron lol.

#15485 6 months ago

I just dont see how anyone could think the bigger ones look nicer lol.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#15486 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Well to be fair, those aren't the ones people are getting aftermarket. They have smaller bases (like the LV), but larger domes.

#15487 6 months ago

Hey all, I pinged PB to ask about the code release. Nothing in stone, but the plan is to release the code before the Ripley versions ship in mid-November. They should be announcing more info shortly.

Overall good news

And....no, I didn't ask if there are Ripley scenes by Sigourney Weaver in the new video assets. I'm not a push your luck kind of guy.

#15488 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well to be fair, those aren't the ones people are getting aftermarket. They have smaller bases (like the LV), but larger domes.

Yea I guess I just like squatted down and not as big. Oh well, to each their own.

Also, figure if you use bigger ones with the topper, will it block part of the topper? or even fit?

#15489 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea I guess I just like squatted down and not as big. Oh well, to each their own.
Also, figure if you use bigger ones with the topper, will it block part of the topper? or even fit?

Then, there's this..

Pinside_forum_7476909_3302226 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7476909_3302226 (resized).jpg
#15490 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then, there's this.. [quoted image]

Wow!

#15491 6 months ago

I just got my LV 3 weeks ago (second owner) and I promised my wife I would halt pinball purchases for awhile. How did this sit under the radar for so long? The mini-screen looks like a must buy - not sure how I'm gonna make her understand "must buy". Alien sculpt is a maybe - I'm not unhappy with the one already included and it's hard to appreciate the new one in the pictures. Toppers are so out of control with cost - I agree - would like to see video first. But wow! New toys and new CODE! (also new Rush code and Ultraman code all within few days - my machines are going to be so happy - thank you Pinball Gods)
By the way, am I the only one upset there is a Ripley version at a cheaper price point? Oh well, I'll put a set of Lumalegz on my Alien and that should help it hold value . . .

#15492 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

20230326_211439 (resized).jpg20230326_211439 (resized).jpg
#15493 6 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

yea sorry, I do not think it looks better than the LV beacons at all.

#15494 6 months ago
Quoted from Threetreys:

By the way, am I the only one upset there is a Ripley version at a cheaper price point?

Oh lordy....

#15495 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Those are ugly. Here’s the one I linked to on my game. Perfect size and shape, lights up the room. We really just need to know the diameter of the ones on the LV.
IMG_0261 (resized).jpegIMG_0261 (resized).jpeg

#15496 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are ugly. Here’s the one I linked to on my game. Perfect size and shape, lights up the room.
[quoted image]

I like those better. Id say they are closer to looking like the LV ones.

#15497 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are ugly. Here’s the one I linked to on my game. Perfect size and shape, lights up the room.
[quoted image]

Looks a lot more like the ones on the loader in the movie, for sure.

#15498 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are ugly. Here’s the one I linked to on my game. Perfect size and shape, lights up the room. We really just need to know the diameter of the ones on the LV.
[quoted image]

Those are definitely the best looking ones, now if they just the topper.

#15499 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Where can I get one of these if I cannot get official ones for my Ripley's?

#15500 6 months ago

Anyone know what exactly you get in the playfield beacon kit? If it’s just domes with some strobing, not sure how that will look, might be cool, but would have to see it. I can get some small beacons like the one I pictured, maybe half the size. Was thinking maybe just one in the back right might work. These would be too tall to put on the yutani plastic by the flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/310 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.