20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8815 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 378.
#14651 7 months ago

I don't think it has been mentioned here -- let me point out that the shaker motor is now available for the SV for pre-order purchase in the new store at https://pbusasales.com/ I just purchased one for my SV and some spare targets.

#14652 7 months ago

Any one know if the pop bumper strength is customizable via the Service Menu? thanks.

#14653 7 months ago
Quoted from mannclay:

Any one know if the pop bumper strength is customizable via the Service Menu? thanks.

I will have to check but check under coils and see if you find it there.

#14654 7 months ago

Hello everyone I was wondering if any of you would be interested in some of these mods. I have 3 mods I’m currently making which are New apron cards, Facehugger lane extender, & hypersleep chamber with chestburster.
Prices:
20$ for Apron cards
30$ for Facehugger lane extender
50$ for hypersleep mod
Prices are in USD with shipping included.

-Apron cards will be printed on high quality gloss heavy card stock. Right card has all the mission and how to complete them. Left card has all the weapons and what they do.

-Facehugger lane extender is 3D printed and just replaces the original so it’s easy to install. This mod makes the ball more likely to activate the right side magnet.

-Hypersleep mod is 3D printed and hand painted by me. It is attached by using double sided tape so you can put it where you want and easy install. The back chamber piece is printed in a clear plastic so if you wanted to add LEDs in it you can.

Not everything is really to be shipped as of right now I’m just curious on who will be interested. If so please DM me thank you.

IMG_4162 (resized).jpegIMG_4162 (resized).jpegIMG_4128 (resized).jpegIMG_4128 (resized).jpegIMG_4114 (resized).jpegIMG_4114 (resized).jpegIMG_4115 (resized).jpegIMG_4115 (resized).jpegIMG_4110 (resized).jpegIMG_4110 (resized).jpegIMG_4102 (resized).jpegIMG_4102 (resized).jpegIMG_4097 (resized).jpegIMG_4097 (resized).jpegIMG_4173 (resized).jpegIMG_4173 (resized).jpeg

#14655 7 months ago

Woo finally got my tear-down done and installed the green plastic protectors - along with some green flippers to match. Loving the way she glows! Now nobody will be able to tell me this game is 'too dark'

20230905_225810.jpg20230905_225810.jpg20230905_225815.jpg20230905_225815.jpg20230905_231312.jpg20230905_231312.jpg20230906_002736.jpg20230906_002736.jpg20230906_002804.jpg20230906_002804.jpg
#14656 7 months ago

Damn those green plastics are Dope!!

#14657 7 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Woo finally got my tear-down done and installed the green plastic protectors - along with some green flippers to match. Loving the way she glows! Now nobody will be able to tell me this game is 'too dark'
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks cool. What is making them glow? UV Pinstadiums?

#14658 7 months ago

Hi All,

I finally received my machine and got it up and running. Pretty smooth actually for being new out of the box. The Xeno worked 100% after playing like 20 games, so was happy about that.

I will have some questions but forgot them since last night.

One that I remember, the volume seems very "bassy", is there a setting to tone this down? I saw that there are settings for Speech, Music, Samples and I turned the samples down a bit and I feel like that helped some.

Another question, that Hypersleep shot is super hard. Is it recommended to turn up the flipper power?

#14659 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi All,
One that I remember, the volume seems very "bassy", is there a setting to tone this down? I saw that there are settings for Speech, Music, Samples and I turned the samples down a bit and I feel like that helped some.
Another question, that Hypersleep shot is super hard. Is it recommended to turn up the flipper power?

There is a potentiometer in the bottom middle of the back box below the screen to adjust the bass level
I and some others have found it easier to hit with upper flipper turned down rather than up but YMMV

IMG_0264 (resized).jpegIMG_0264 (resized).jpeg
#14660 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi All,
I finally received my machine and got it up and running. Pretty smooth actually for being new out of the box. The Xeno worked 100% after playing like 20 games, so was happy about that.
I will have some questions but forgot them since last night.

make sure your pitch is in the 6.8-7.0 range.. that made a difference on my shots to Hypersleep.

#14661 7 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great, can I ask where you sourced them, haven't seen a complete set like that.

#14662 7 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

make sure your pitch is in the 6.8-7.0 range.. that made a difference on my shots to Hypersleep.

Yes, I remembered people saying that so I set it at 6.9. I turned it up +5% last night and was able to make maybe 2 shots. Still very hard. But I suppose it should be hard..

#14663 7 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

There is a potentiometer in the bottom middle of the back box below the screen to adjust the bass level
I and some others have found it easier to hit with upper flipper turned down rather than up but YMMV[quoted image]

Great, thank you for this!

And interesting with turning down the power vs. up.... Not sure the logic in that but I will give it a try ha.

#14664 7 months ago

Also, I assume there is no way to turn down the LEDs for the side blades? I didnt see a setting for that, only the main LEDs to be turned up/down.

#14665 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, I remembered people saying that so I set it at 6.9. I turned it up +5% last night and was able to make maybe 2 shots. Still very hard. But I suppose it should be hard..

go +30% on that upper right flipper as well.. that is how i am set and am making it regularly.

#14666 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Great, thank you for this!
And interesting with turning down the power vs. up.... Not sure the logic in that but I will give it a try ha.

Logic being if it hits the ramp too hard it tends to rattle and reject

#14667 7 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Logic being if it hits the ramp too hard it tends to rattle and reject

Ahhh gotcha. Makes sense.

#14668 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Those look great, can I ask where you sourced them, haven't seen a complete set like that.

This is the full set from Colywobbles - got them a number of months ago so hopefully he is still making them? !

Quoted from Rager170:

That looks cool. What is making them glow? UV Pinstadiums?

Just a blacklight led strip used as trough light - it looks much more pronounced in the dark picture here than it does in real life. The lighter pictures are more accurate. Still just a $15 light strip is enough to get the whole PF basically

#14669 7 months ago

Sent him a message, i'll report back. Thanks.

#14670 7 months ago

are these rubbers for the flipper generic or made only from PB? i need two of them, thanks.

IMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
#14671 7 months ago
Quoted from mannclay:

are these rubbers for the flipper generic or made only from PB? i need two of them, thanks.
[quoted image]

looks like this one...https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00

#14672 7 months ago

Hi all,

Just received my 3d translite and looks awesome. In the directions it mentions mounting the image to wood or similar.

I was curious what you all have done to mount the 3d image to the backbox?

#14673 7 months ago

It may be not be the proper way to do it, but I just used 4 L brackets I had lying around. Screwed 2 each side to the inside of the backbox (just be careful and have them all lined up), then just used some velcro peel and stick strips on the back panel and the L bracket and it's worked fine. Also I have 2 of Kurts translite images, and it's super easy just to pull them out and swap over whenever I feel like it.

#14674 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It may be not be the proper way to do it, but I just used 4 L brackets I had lying around. Screwed 2 each side to the inside of the backbox (just be careful and have them all lined up), then just used some velcro peel and stick strips on the back panel and the L bracket and it's worked fine. Also I have 2 of Kurts translite images, and it's super easy just to pull them out and swap over whenever I feel like it.

Ok thanks. Is there a reason that you cant just velcro the images to the backbox itself? I bought two images also.

Just trying to make sense of how it all fits together. I havent tried installing yet.

#14675 7 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I and some others have found it easier to hit with upper flipper turned down rather than up but YMMV[quoted image]

Soooo, what is the best way to be able to access these controls? Seems they face down in the backbox.

Any other way to do this aside from lowering the backbox and going behind the machine?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14676 7 months ago

Full, new cliffy set if anyone is interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/163724

#14677 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok thanks. Is there a reason that you cant just velcro the images to the backbox itself? I bought two images also.
Just trying to make sense of how it all fits together. I havent tried installing yet.

I have LED strips installed on the back panel of the backbox, so I can't just stick the panel directly to it. You could maybe just stick the image directly to the *sides* of the backbox, but that doesn't seems like it would be vary stable. You could try it though - you might get it to work in some way. Note that you do need some decent clearance between the image panel, and any LEDs that are on the back of the backbox, I would imagine sticking the panel too close to any LED strips will generate a lot of heat (not good).

It'll all make sense when you install, ultimately it's not a big job no matter which way you do it.

#14678 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I have LED strips installed on the back panel of the backbox, so I can't just stick the panel directly to it. You could maybe just stick the image directly to the *sides* of the backbox, but that doesn't seems like it would be vary stable. You could try it though - you might get it to work in some way. Note that you do need some decent clearance between the image panel, and any LEDs that are on the back of the backbox, I would imagine sticking the panel too close to any LED strips will generate a lot of heat (not good).
It'll all make sense when you install, ultimately it's not a big job no matter which way you do it.

Ahhh, ok, I see what you mean.

I took a look at the backbox to see and agree it would need some room away from that light strip.

Curious if people find it all looks better closer to the translight or further away?

Again, thank you for your help.

#14680 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahhh, ok, I see what you mean.
I took a look at the backbox to see and agree it would need some room away from that light strip.
Curious if people find it all looks better closer to the translight or further away?
Again, thank you for your help.

I think you want the Led strip as close to the front as possible so the strip is hidden by the printed graphics border - I set my inner image back pretty far and have been meaning to move this closer to the front for a while

20230907_220934.jpg20230907_220934.jpg20230907_220943.jpg20230907_220943.jpg

#14681 7 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I think you want the Led strip as close to the front as possible so the strip is hidden by the printed graphics border - I set my inner image back pretty far and have been meaning to move this closer to the front for a while
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is very helpful, thank you for the pictures. Yours looks good via pictures, so I think ill start about the same and see how I feel.

#14682 7 months ago

Ok, so im really surprised with something with this game that I did not notice until last night playing.

There is no "match number" at the end of a game????

#14683 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so im really surprised with something with this game that I did not notice until last night playing.
There is no "match number" at the end of a game????

Yes, I was wondering about this too, and like you, I didn't immediately notice. I even went to the point to look for a setting for this, but came up empty.

#14684 7 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes, I was wondering about this too, and like you, I didn't immediately notice. I even went to the point to look for a setting for this, but came up empty.

Agreed! I changed it to coin play figuring maybe that would trigger it. Nothing!

I was also a bit surprised to see that when you get a new record for things, such as "eggs destroyed" and others (forget the rest), that there is no cool animation for those things. Its just the same image as the high score with a little space ship. For such an awesome game with effects, this area is lacking to me. As well as the no match numbers. Bummer.

#14685 7 months ago

Also, what are good scores people get for this machine?

I got 155 million last night and not sure how it compares.

#14686 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I’d say that’s a good score for how long you’ve had the game. My highest score is less than a lot on here, just over 300 million. My lowest high score is 206 million. I’ve yet to reach All Out War. I’ve had the game for almost three months now.

#14687 7 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’d say that’s a good score for how long you’ve had the game. My highest score is less than a lot on here, just over 300 million. My lowest high score is 206 million. I’ve yet to reach All Out War. I’ve had the game for almost three months now.

Thanks for that. I just like to know whats "good" and not.

What are some of the highest scores people have listed on here? I need a goal haha. For now, ill use your 300mm.

#14688 7 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

looks like this one...https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00

yes thanks!

#14689 7 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I took your advice regarding USB-PD to make sure I don't start getting any problems with just using the machines USB power and purchased an independently powered PD charger.
All hooked up and working well with 7 LED strips using a total of about 60 watts.[quoted image]

I noticed this post regarding powering led strips. Looking to power my led strips via usb.

Where does something like this plug into? I would like to have it so that everything turns on automatically when the game is turned on.

Is it really bad to connect to the USB ports in the cabinet? Yes, I am aware of the differences of opinions on this. I did not want to plug into the CPU on the back box but rather one of the ones in the cabinet.

#14690 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny thing...

The day I got my machine, I scored 358million. It locked up AS I was entering my initials lol.

Since then, I'm lucky to break 100m.

I contribute part of this though to it was angled lower, and I think the old style targets were easier to trip. Since I switched to the newest targets I have to really work to actually get a weapon.

#14691 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Funny thing...
The day I got my machine, I scored 358million. It locked up AS I was entering my initials lol.
Since then, I'm lucky to break 100m.
I contribute part of this though to it was angled lower, and I think the old style targets were easier to trip. Since I switched to the newest targets I have to really work to actually get a weapon.

LOL oh man, thats crazy that the machine froze up on you!

Weapon as in like the handgun and shotgun? I feel like I get this every game and I dont even know what im doing in order to get it.

#14692 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed this post regarding powering led strips. Looking to power my led strips via usb.
Where does something like this plug into? I would like to have it so that everything turns on automatically when the game is turned on.
Is it really bad to connect to the USB ports in the cabinet? Yes, I am aware of the differences of opinions on this. I did not want to plug into the CPU on the back box but rather one of the ones in the cabinet.

I had no issues with the usb in the cabinet but would suggest an separate powersupply. The one on the monitor I would not use.

#14693 7 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had no issues with the usb in the cabinet but would suggest an separate powersupply. The one on the monitor I would not use.

Always use a separate power supply with this game. Using ports can damage the boards. Per pinball brothers.

#14694 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Weapon as in like the handgun and shotgun? I feel like I get this every game and I dont even know what im doing in order to get it.

There are several ways to get weapons. You can complete the set of 5 weapons targets around the playfield. You can win a movie mode. Mother will give you one sometimes. You can also get one by immediately shooting a flashing weapon target at initial ball launch (skill shot award).

#14695 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sent him a message, i'll report back. Thanks.

The guy is still doing them, contact him if you want them.

#14696 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:Also, what are good scores people get for this machine?

Just shy of ~500m is where I’ve landed going through everything except All Out War. Several modes unfinished too so there’s definitely more headroom to work into points-wise.

#14697 7 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Just shy of ~500m is where I’ve landed going through everything except All Out War. Several modes unfinished too so there’s definitely more headroom to work into points-wise.

Nice score! Ok good to know. I have a lot of work to do haha.

#14698 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There are several ways to get weapons. You can complete the set of 5 weapons targets around the playfield. You can win a movie mode. Mother will give you one sometimes. You can also get one by immediately shooting a flashing weapon target at initial ball launch (skill shot award).

yes, I seem to get one right away from a skill shot often. I also end up getting the shotgun often. But havent gotten any others.

This game is so much fun!

#14699 7 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Always use a separate power supply with this game. Using ports can damage the boards. Per pinball brothers.

Ok thanks.

This may sound dumb, but how can I go about wiring a power supply to the machine so it turns on and off with it? Would like it to be a USB power supply. I read someone wired it to the power switch wires.

Wasnt sure if there was another way?

#14700 7 months ago

Have a bit of an issue with the right ramp. The ball is shooting off the wireform onto the playfield.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.