200w (7).gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david (1).gif
IMG_5332 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5331 (resized).jpeg
Bo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 76,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 617 of 1,521.
#30801 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m surprised that NE is sticking with Cam tho....

Everyone is. But he's cheap as dirt and they'll draft or find his replacement this season you'd think. You have as much hope going to the playoffs with either.

#30802 3 years ago

Fitz Magic or Taylor Heinicke?!

Either way we can't lose! I think FItz is the only guy who gets fanbases more excited than a backup QB.

#30803 3 years ago

What the hell are Gruden and Mayock doing in Vegas.Releasing a probowl center after letting go of their starting LG starting RG and trading their starting RT.Derek Carr won't last 4 games with whatever line is put together there.

#30804 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Shitty QBs lean heavy on their TEs.

That’s exactly what Mahomes does..lil sarcasm

#30805 3 years ago

As I feared, Bears sign Andy Dalton!

#30806 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

As I feared, Bears sign Andy Dalton!

2sZQ.gif2sZQ.gif
#30807 3 years ago

Hey, hes just as qualified at losing in the playoffs as Rogers is!

#30808 3 years ago

Washington upgrades with Bengals CB William Jackson at a pretty good price too. I like this signing a lot, now we need a WR. Didn’t overpay for best CB on market.

What’s The Who Dey opinion on this guy? He had a pretty good game against terry mclaurin last season.

#30809 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s The Who Dey opinion on this guy?

Not touching that one.

#30810 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hey, hes just as qualified at losing in the playoffs as Rogers is!

Except that one time!

giphy (51).gifgiphy (51).gif
#30811 3 years ago

Except that one time! [quoted image]

That and the 10 other wins Dalton didn' get.
...But whatever....

#30812 3 years ago

Jamaal Williams to DET on a 2y/7.5m deal. Really solid player and great locker room guy.

#30813 3 years ago

....Really solid player and great locker room guy.

Another RB to fade away into nothing....DET is the RB equivalent to WR in SEA

Speaking of...did you hear Darrel Bevel got a job? I mean really it happened.

#30814 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Washington upgrades with Bengals CB William Jackson at a pretty good price too. I like this signing a lot, now we need a WR. Didn’t overpay for best CB on market.
What’s The Who Dey opinion on this guy? He had a pretty good game against terry mclaurin last season.

He’s a stud , it’s super unclear what the bengals are doing other than add bargain basement corners and swapping one talented edge for another.

#30815 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That and the 10 other wins Dalton didn' get.
...But whatever....

No one said anything about winning. Clearly I said he’s just as experienced at losing. Anyone can win a few playoff games if you make it there enough. Dalton had that x-factor when it came to losing playoff games.

#30816 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WFT got one of the best man to man guys in the league. His zone leaves some to be desired, but he is very very good all around. Sad to see him go.

#30817 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WFT got one of the best man to man guys in the league. His zone leaves some to be desired, but he is very very good all around. Sad to see him go.

Thoughts on no offensive line movement in free agency? I try to reserve my emotions since I dont work for the NFL, but it's a little hard to understand what is going on. Draft a franchise QB and then do literally nothing? No moves whatsoever last 2 seasons to improve the line that everyone knew was horrible, and nothing in free agency this year.

There seem to be some studs in the draft, but the dude from Oregon is certainly no guarantee to even be there by our first round pick. Pretty damn nervous to be honest.

#30818 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thoughts on no offensive line movement in free agency?

There’s been none. Haha.

#30819 3 years ago

Can't wait for them to pick a name,
I'm not sure I can handle another year of reading WFT/WTF

First we learn SUV, and then they release a f***ing show called SVU.

You don't think that stung a little?
-mof

#30820 3 years ago

I love the Jackson pickup but really not sure what they are thinking with fitz. Dude has never won anything and he’s been around forever.

I’m kind of hoping he loses out in camp to Heineken or Kyle Allen. I think he could come off the bench and win some important games but don’t like him as a full season starter. Nothing wrong with having a vet in the mix but everywhere he goes teams lose.

#30821 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the Jackson pickup but really not sure what they are thinking with fitz. Dude has never won anything and he’s been around forever.
I’m kind of hoping he loses out in camp to Heineken or Kyle Allen. I think he could come off the bench and win some important games but don’t like him as a full season starter. Nothing wrong with having a vet in the mix but everywhere he goes teams lose.

Where is Washington leaning for the draft?

#30822 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Where is Washington leaning for the draft?

Nobody knows!

I generally avoid mock drafts as I find them dumb. Pundits seem to think they go WR in first round but I think they’ll grab a quality starter in FA.

I would like to see either through draft or FA - quality WR, linebacker, and a qb. I’d be fine with a qb in 3rd or even 4th round.

#30823 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thoughts on no offensive line movement in free agency? I try to reserve my emotions since I dont work for the NFL, but it's a little hard to understand what is going on. Draft a franchise QB and then do literally nothing? No moves whatsoever last 2 seasons to improve the line that everyone knew was horrible, and nothing in free agency this year.
There seem to be some studs in the draft, but the dude from Oregon is certainly no guarantee to even be there by our first round pick. Pretty damn nervous to be honest.

There are still a lot of solid O Linemen left, I’d imagine they’ll grab at least one.

#30824 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jackson's a solid player, he didn't live up to what they expected but he's easily a top 15 cb and I'm sorry the Bengals let him go. We replaced him with a cb from the Steelers.

#30825 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jackson's a solid player, he didn't live up to what they expected but he's easily a top 15 cb and I'm sorry the Bengals let him go. We replaced him with a cb from the Steelers.

They replaced him with Tray Waynes. The steelers CB will play the slot.

#30826 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They replaced him with Tray Waynes. The steelers CB will play the slot.

Hard to fathom some of the players they're letting go and still holding on to some proven losers like Price and Hart. Hopefully we sign one FA OL and then draft one so Bengals fans at least have hope Burrows will survive the season

#30827 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hard to fathom some of the players they're letting go and still holding on to some proven losers like Price and Hart. Hopefully we sign one FA OL and then draft one so Bengals fans at least have hope Burrows will survive the season

Fingers crossed they can get one of the dudes the Raiders let go which will allow them to make the cut we have ALL been waiting for. Perfect world for me would be getting one of those guys, a b tier wide receiver, and then Sewell in the draft. The Madden player in me wanted to sign Joe Thuney and someone else, then grab Jamarr Chase round 1.

I wont get my hopes up though.

#30828 3 years ago

According to Dan Patrick, Chicago offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters for Wilson.

#30829 3 years ago

According to Dan Patrick, Chicago offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters for Wilson.

That is a huge offer.

#30830 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

That is a huge offer.

ANd yet they'd still be nuts to take it unless they had no other choice.

QBs like Wilson are once-in-a-franchise, and hes still got a got 5 years left, at least.

#30831 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANd yet they'd still be nuts to take it unless they had no other choice.
QBs like Wilson are once-in-a-franchise, and hes still got a got 5 years left, at least.

I would tend to agree until the point that the player simply doesn't want to play for your team any longer. Once that happens take the most value you can and move on. Perhaps some of the internal drama was overblown out there or they mended some fences.

#30832 3 years ago

AJ Green to the Cardinals, end of an era in Cincinnati.

#30833 3 years ago

Hopefully he crushes with Kyler. No one more deserving.

#30834 3 years ago

I hate to see Green finish his career somewhere else but it was time, he should've just retired. I don't look for him to play an entire season unless he's used sparingly and not as the #1 receiver

#30835 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully he crushes with Kyler. No one more deserving.

I can agree with that AJ was and is class all the way. I just think he'll get injured to easily.

#30836 3 years ago

I think he’ll still be of some value as their #3 behind Hopkins and Kirk.

#30837 3 years ago

Yeah he will so long as they use him situationally and keep his body fresh

#30838 3 years ago

Is he really worth replacing Larry Fitz with?

#30839 3 years ago

I think so, Green is 5 years younger, and I think Fitz is going to hang it up.

#30840 3 years ago

Green is pretty close to wash up territory right?

Larry aside, receivers tend to fall off a cliff pretty fast at that age.

#30841 3 years ago

His 1,000 yd seasons are definitely behind him, but I think he’ll be effective as a #3.

#30842 3 years ago

If the Pats changed nothing and got all their Corvis players returning, what's that worth? 1 win making them a 500 team? 2 making them 9-7?
Did the Pats get worse with the signings?
I find that hard to believe.

#30843 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If the Pats changed nothing and got all their Corvis players returning, what's that worth? 1 win making them a 500 team? 2 making them 9-7?
Did the Pats get worse with the signings?
I find that hard to believe.

I've seen it before dude. Washington in 2000 and the Eagles 10 years later come to mind. Both were good teams that immediately got worse after supposedly gearing up for a SUper Bowl Run by spending huge amount of money supposedly bringing in upgrades at about a third of their positions. Dream Team dude.

Throw together all these free agents you have zero chemistry. You think those COVID guys coming back are gonna be thrilled to find these 10 new overpaid FAs crowding the locker room? Obviously some of them will have to go. There's gonna be huge roster turnover and a third of the starters will be guys new to the team and each other. In the end there's gonna be plenty of resentment in that locker room with all these friends and teammates getting replaced by newcomers because they didn't want to get sick or endanger their families last season.

And, the math doesn't exactly work like you say it does; it's not like every other team in the division isn't also making moves to improve themselves. The Pats don't just add players and buy wins; they aren't in a vacuum.

And the Pats still have no QB.

You guys are still under the Patriot Way trance, not realizing that spell ended the second Brady walked out the door. This desperate spending spree isn't "the Patriot Way." THey are just another NFL team now flailing around to "win the offseason" and they aren't guaranteed shit.

#30844 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've seen it before dude...
You guys are still under the Patriot Way trance, not realizing that spell ended the second Brady walked out the door. This desperate spending spree isn't "the Patriot Way." THey are just another NFL team now and they aren't guaranteed shit.

Oh no doubt I am.
We've all seen it before, but we've never seen Bellicheck do it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You think those COVID guys coming back are gonna be thrilled to find these 10 new overpaid FAs crowding the locker room? Obviously some of them will have to go.

I think we all know no one is happy there ever, and it doesn't seem to hurt them Do any of them have to go? I know all the signings come becasue they were way under the salary cap.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... it's not like every other team in the division isn't also making moves to improve themselves....

Of course but they don't scare me much. Buffalo is solid #1 in division no doubt, but the Jets are awful & I've never fallen for the whole "Miami's up & coming" routine. They have a good year then disappear. Do they have a QB? None of us know.

I'm not on the bandwagon yet, I'm just saying there's a chance.

#30845 3 years ago

Goddamn I hope I'm right.

It would be glorious!

I also think the Jets aren't doomed to be forever awful. I know, I know...

#30846 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also think the Jets aren't doomed to be forever awful.

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
#30847 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddamn I hope I'm right.

Me too.

#30848 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is he really worth replacing Larry Fitz with?

As a huge AJ Green fan I can say I will never forgive the Bengals for not trading him to a contender. I know tons of deserving players never win a championship, but they pissed away so many of his good years. I dont even care about what we got in return, I just wanted to see him do well.

Current day AJ Green is probably washed up, which pains me to say, but no one watching film on him the past few seasons can really debate this. Age and injuries really take a toll on wideouts, as Levi already pointed out.

He, along with Fitzgerald define the term "class act" at that position.

Only ever saw Green lose his shit once, but the other guy deserved it. FU Jalen Ramsey, overpaid prick.

edit - sorry this doesn't answer your question

#30849 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

As a huge AJ Green fan I can say I will never forgive the Bengals for not trading him to a contender....

You don't hear me say this much, or ever, but what an enlightened Bengals fan! You should here the shit I got for from past generations for saying the same thing aboot Carl Pickens, or their hated for Corey Dillon actually getting a ring.

#30850 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't hear me say this much, or ever, but what an enlightened Bengals fan! You should here the shit I got for from past generations for saying the same thing aboot Carl Pickens, or their hated for Corey Dillon actually getting a ring.

That's how I felt forever watching many years of shitty Buccaneers football. I wanted nothing more than to watch Errict Rhett win a ring somewhere else, because the dude ran his ass off every single play.

Can't say the same for Trent Dilfer though... everytime I watch that idiot start his analysis with "as a superbowl winning qb" I pee a little bit and punch a baby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Haven, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 617 of 1,521.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/617 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.