spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 620 of 1,513.
#30951 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Galladay NYG 40 million guaransheed.

Wow. Now way another team would offer that. Haha

#30952 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why on earth would you turn that opportunity down?

Yeah I agree.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Now way another team would offer that. Haha

Not even da Bears

#30953 3 years ago

Lots of players still out there to be signed. Lots of problems for Houston and Watson...

#30954 3 years ago

Im curious if he gets the Adrian Peterson deal and is given a paid year off.

#30955 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im curious if he gets the Adrian Peterson deal and is given a paid year off.

If it goes criminal it could, not there yet.
I'm very interested to see what the proof is...you can never tell wtf is happening with these things. I'd like to see if there really is proof that one of the chics tries to blackmail him before.

#30956 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm very interested to see what the proof is...you can never tell wtf is happening with these things. I'd like to see if there really is proof that one of the chics tries to blackmail him before.

Agree sadly we can never rule out a plain and simply money grab attempt by some at the least.

#30957 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Agree sadly we can never rule out a plain and simply money grab attempt by some at the least.

It's up to 13 accusers and growing. That's quite a large number of people and an established patter of behavior. Nobody should be giving him the benefit of doubt at this point.

#30958 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not giving anyone anything, waiting for proof and not Civil Suits

#30959 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nobody should be giving him the benefit of doubt at this point.

Sure they should. Until proof is presented literally everyone should be giving him the benefit of doubt. None of us knows what actually happened and have no reason to believe anything until proof is presented.

To your point there are now 13 accusers. I’m sure one of them has proof, right ?

#30960 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sure they should. Until proof is presented literally everyone should be giving him the benefit of doubt. None of us knows what actually happened and have no reason to believe anything until proof is presented.
To your point there are now 13 accusers. I’m sure one of them has proof, right ?

I would believe the word of 13 separate people over the word of 1, simply math. Also the burden of proof is different between a civil case and a criminal case and these will be civil cases.

"Civil cases require a reduced standard of proof. This standard is generally referred to as a “preponderance of the evidence.” If you consider a balance scale, conceptually, the plaintiff must only barely tip the scale in his favor to earn a verdict. In other words, the person prosecuting a civil case must only convince the jury to believe his case is more likely true than not. If there is a corresponding criminal case, it probably speaks well for proving liability in the civil case."

#30961 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would believe the word of 13 separate people over the word of 1, simply math. Also the burden of proof is different between a civil case and a criminal case and these will be civil cases.
"Civil cases require a reduced standard of proof. This standard is generally referred to as a “preponderance of the evidence.” If you consider a balance scale, conceptually, the plaintiff must only barely tip the scale in his favor to earn a verdict. In other words, the person prosecuting a civil case must only convince the jury to believe his case is more likely true than not. If there is a corresponding criminal case, it probably speaks well for proving liability in the civil case."

I have no skin in the game, I just want to see proof before I crucify him. I could care less about lawyer speak.

It’s pretty dangerous to think he’s guilty just because of “math”. So if me and one other person accuse you of kicking my dog, you did because math?

He may very well be guilty and a huge pile of shit, but without proof, I’m not piling on.

#30962 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would believe the word of 13 separate people over the word of 1, simply math.

That is assuming they are in fact "separate" people, which we do not know yet.

Quoted from nwpinball:

... Also the burden of proof is different between a civil case and a criminal case and these will be civil cases....

Yes we all went to high school (I'm throwing you Cincy guys a bone!) thanks.

#30963 3 years ago

It’s actually now 24 accusers, but I’m still holding off judgement. Shockingly their lawyer seems a bit sketchy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-up-to-14-with-24-accusers/amp/

#30964 3 years ago

Scratch that, he’s a thug. RIP Who Dey!

#30965 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Scratch that, he’s a thug. RIP Who Dey!

As strange as it may seen the “thug brigade” always seemed to change their minds when someone was accused of sex crimes.

Hey I didn’t get it either. I’m glad we are past all that nonsense now!

#30966 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would believe the word of 13 separate people over the word of 1, simply math.

Math literally has NOTHING to do with this. Haha

#30967 3 years ago

lemme know when the cowboy's sign a defensive free agent please...& thanks

#30968 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

lemme know when the cowboy's sign a defensive free agent please...& thanks

They did and his name was Dak. He'll be filling in at CB this season also.

I think they are out of money now?

#30969 3 years ago

Bears name Dalton as starter, hope the red rifle works out for them.

#30970 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bears name Dalton as starter, hope the red rifle works out for them.

They’ll be about the same as last year 7-9, 8-8

#30971 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’ll be about the same as last year 7-9, 8-8

That's generous. By all measurables he was a worse QB than Trubisky on a much better offensive team.

#30972 3 years ago

If Randy can’t fix your team, it’s hopeless.

#30973 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I tend to agree, though if they’re all represented by the same lawyer and he’s shown past signs of questionable behavior, that could cut the other way. But you’re off-base on the burden of proof in this thread. Nothing civil about the court of public opinion.

#30974 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I tend to agree, though if they’re all represented by the same lawyer and he’s showed past signs of questionable behavior, that could cut the other way. But you’re off-base on the burden of proof in this thread. Nothing civil about the court of public opinion.

I think we all agree there is without doubt truth to these accusations when this many women come forth. Unfortunately I have lost faith in the integrity of the average person where potentially large sums of money may result from such accusations. I am in no way condoning or providing excuses for his behavior, he should be held responsible for anything he's done period.

#30975 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's generous. By all measurables he was a worse QB than Trubisky on a much better offensive team.

Agree. They lost two big defensive starters as well. Not looking great in Chicago right now.

#30976 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Agree. They lost two big defensive starters as well. Not looking great in Chicago right now.

2? Kyle Fuller was the only starter

#30977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

2? Kyle Fuller was the only starter

I mixed it up from the stories about the trade offers with Seattle. Then the Hicks allowed to seek trade story, but he has not left at this time. You are correct, just Fuller.

#30978 3 years ago

Looks like the Bengals will be trading RB Gio Bernard. He's been great for Cincy in rushing and receiving since his draft in '13. Hate to see him go but I figured as much when they resigned Perine.

#30979 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like the Bengals will be trading RB Gio Bernard. He's been great for Cincy in rushing and receiving since his draft in '13. Hate to see him go but I figured as much when they resigned Perine.

Where did you see this? I only saw that teams contacted the bengals about him. I hope their price is high. I want him to retire a Bengal.

#30980 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where did you see this? I only saw that teams contacted the bengals about him. I hope their price is high. I want him to retire a Bengal.

Just on my news feed. Said they were contacted by several teams after having indicating they may be interested in trading him. I'm with you I like Gio and would like to see him stay he's been a great back his entire tenure in Cincy. I suspect we'll know for certain within the next couple weeks.

#30981 3 years ago

Fantastic #2 RB.
Tad pricey which usually wouldn't matter, but this season whom knows.

#30982 3 years ago

that's money better spent on Burrows knee braces

#30983 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Just on my news feed. Said they were contacted by several teams after having indicating they may be interested in trading him. I'm with you I like Gio and would like to see him stay he's been a great back his entire tenure in Cincy. I suspect we'll know for certain within the next couple weeks.

Okay good. Was afraid there was more definite word he was leaving. I’ll keep hoping he doesn’t. Haha

#30984 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They should bulk he and Mixon up, teach them to block

#30985 3 years ago

Big trade! Who are they targeting??

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30986 3 years ago

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Big trade! Who are they targeting??[quoted image]

They’re getting crazy returns from the Tunsil trade. Huston must be kicking themselves what a dumpster fire.

SF can trade Garrapolo to NE.

#30987 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They’re getting crazy returns from the Tunsil trade.

Per Schefter, they've turned Tunsil into 4 firsts and a third

#30988 3 years ago

Big trade! Who are they targeting??[quoted image]

No idea. A QB? (justin fields?)

That linebacker Parsons who just destroyed the combine?

People just trading away draft picks like water these days.

#30989 3 years ago

Per Schefter, they've turned Tunsil into 4 firsts and a third

Houston had to pay Tunsil top market anyway. SF got Trent Williams for a 5th and 3rd round pick.

#30990 3 years ago

Niners must really like Justin Fields.Maybe a surprise....Mac Jones?The Jets will probably take Wilson ahead of them.

#30991 3 years ago

Sweet. This guarantees the Bengals have their pick of Sewell, Chase or Pitts.

#30992 3 years ago

Probably 4 straight QBs to start. Haha. Has that ever happened?

#30993 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Niners must really like Justin Fields.Maybe a surprise....Mac Jones?The Jets will probably take Wilson ahead of them.

Could be accurate , I just don’t see anyone trading up for an OSU QB. That system is so broken for QBs in the NFL.

Levi is going to be so pissed when the Patriots get Jimmy G and march to the super bowl.

#30994 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:Niners must really like Justin Fields.Maybe a surprise....Mac Jones?The Jets will probably take Wilson ahead of them.

That's what I don't get out of this. They might like Fields, but they gave up all of that value to allow the JETS to control their destiny.

#30995 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. This guarantees the Bengals have their pick of Sewell, Chase or Pitts.

It’s huge news for the Bengals, and they didn’t have to give up a damn thing !

#30996 3 years ago

Dolphins trade 12th, 123th & Future 1st to eagles for 6th & 156th

#30997 3 years ago

I would love to see the Dolphins wedge themselves just in front of Niners after all of this.

#30998 3 years ago

This is why you can’t trade Watson just because he wants out. He’s under contract for at least 4 years. If he didn’t want to stay in Houston he should’ve not signed that contract and took all that up front money.

I’d let him sit out without pay before I’d trade him.

If they give in to Watson other players under contract could force a trade.

#30999 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dolphins trade 12th, 123th & Future 1st to eagles for 6th & 156th

Holy crap. That’s big, Eagles can have 3 first round picks next year pending Wentz playing time.

#31000 3 years ago

That worked for Palmer and I’m not kidding. Basically refused to play and Bengals needed up trading him for a late first rounder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 620 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/620 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.