spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 621 of 1,513.
#31001 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That worked for Palmer and I’m not kidding. Basically refused to play and Bengals needed up trading him for a late first rounder.

Palmer was not the player Watson is. But I see your point. However did Palmer have 4-5 years left on his contract?

#31002 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Palmer was half the player Watson is. But I see your point. However did Palmer have 4-5 years left on his contract?

There was plenty left. Probably not that much though.

And I’m definitely going to need to see more from Watson to really see what others are seeing. I agree he’s good, but has he even won a playoff game yet? How many playoff games has he played in?

#31003 3 years ago

I can see how Philly (and others) can take a chance on a young QB look at Mahomes, Jackson and Josh Allen all were later picks and they are now the three young guns of the NFL. Jackson was the 32 pick that they got from Eagles in a draft day trade.

I’m not saying Hurts is going to be great like that but there’s a chance that he can be a legitimate starter in the nfl.

#31004 3 years ago

Just looked it up. Crazy Watson has only been in the league 4 seasons. Postseason record 1-2. Been to the playoffs twice.

#31005 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How many playoff games has he played in?

1-2, good stats, big comeback win.

#31006 3 years ago

Yeah. Definitely didn’t seem to be him losing the games in the loses. Outside of the win, only 2 TDs though I think. Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are Randy Dalton postseason numbers.

#31007 3 years ago

If there was a whole league re draft Watson would have been in top5-10 (I think) due to age much younger than Rodgers, Brady and Wilson. QB position importance. Before the whole perve allegations.

#31008 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Definitely didn’t seem to be him losing the games in the loses. Outside of the win, only 2 TDs though I think. Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are Randy Dalton postseason numbers.

4 tds 1 int.
4 years 3 pro bowls.

Plus 2 playoff rushing tds it looks like

#31009 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It took Carson Palmer 13 years to win one play off game.

Stafford no playoff wins in 12 years.

#31010 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t have any playoff wins either. Haha.

I guess I need to watch him more, but that means I have to watch the Texans. Woof. Can’t say I’m ever compelled to watch that team. Boring.

#31011 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Oh it's even worse than that

8-67
Since entering the NFL in 2009, Matthew Stafford is 8-67 (. 106) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

#31012 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t have any playoff wins either. Haha.
I guess I need to watch him more, but that means I have to watch the Texans. Woof. Can’t say I’m ever compelled to watch that team. Boring.

Not that bad with JJ Watts (woops)

#31013 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh it's even worse than that
8-67
Since entering the NFL in 2009, Matthew Stafford is 8-67 (. 106) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

I mean Barry Sanders probably had a pretty shitty record against good teams too, hard to hold it against these guys sucking ass is like a religion for the Lions.

#31014 3 years ago

I'm sure its much better than that, theyvhad some good seasons.
Barry couldn't do well in big games was his downfall

Thats the interesting part we're all waiting to see with stafford, how much was him or Lions

#31015 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To be fair he would have beaten the Steelers if they didn’t invert his knee the first play of the game.

#31016 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure its much better than that, theyvhad some good seasons.
Barry couldn't do well in big games was his downfall
Thats the interesting part we're all waiting to see with stafford, how much was him or Lions

I wonder if it will get clearly and emphatically settled in one season like the great Brady/Bellichick debate was settled last season.

#31017 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if it will get clearly and emphatically settled in one season like the great Brady/Bellichick debate.

He’s the Goat playoff wins more than double Joe Montana.

31-11 in playoff games.

Not sure about NE 2020 had a lot of opt outs and no QB. Still think Brady over Belicheck.

It’s sure interesting tho because the tuck rule could have gone a different way. Spy gate too.

I mean the Eagles nearly lost their first playoff game to Falcons before winning the SB. Everything looks different on one play Julio Jones doesn’t make a catch it leads to the Eagles SB win.

#31018 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if it will get clearly and emphatically settled in one season like the great Brady/Bellichick debate.

That team is pretty sketchy. And Zona & Seahawks are decent so, probably not

#31019 3 years ago

Any thoughts on the 17 game schedule this year? The players probably aren’t thrilled, but I personally like more NFL.

#31020 3 years ago

Not personally a fan. I think 16 is about perfect, and I prefer the records to be beaten on a level playing field. More football isnt a horrible thing though, so I'll live.

Every team will be playing overseas in the next 8 years. It sounds like the team that has the 9th home game will probably play host.

Sounds like everyone wins.. except the players.

#31021 3 years ago

Go Bills

#31022 3 years ago

For a second I forgot who wrote these and thought this might be a “Go Bills” parody post.

#31023 3 years ago

I mean, it's an extra week of football so I guess I can't complain.

I have a feeling those first few weeks are gonna be ROUGH. Every part of the team has one less week to get it together. I'm thinking record missed kicks and XPs and lots of fumbles and sacks.

I like that it kind of shrinks training camp down and I would assume teams will make final cuts a week earlier.

I do think we are gonna see the unfortunate side effect of good teams coasting for an extra week. More wild card teams will probably be able to sit out the last week. It will probably tack on more meaningless games than important games at the end of the season, and it's gonna be depressing watching this xtreme loafing. Week 18 may feature some players we never thought we'd ever see on the field again. Like, Alex Smith maybe. Or RG3. or Dwayne Haskins.

#31024 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Not personally a fan. I think 16 is about perfect, and I prefer the records to be beaten on a level playing field. More football isnt a horrible thing though, so I'll live.
Every team will be playing overseas in the next 8 years. It sounds like the team that has the 9th home game will probably play host.
Sounds like everyone wins.. except the players.

I will try not to shed a tear while they make more in one year than I will in my LIFETIME.

#31025 3 years ago

Pointless.
Corvis just fucked everyone over, the cap falls for the first time in a decade, billionaire owners probably made 5% on their billion dollar teams doing nothing....etc etc.
But simple folk still comparing their simple shit to world class athletes

#31026 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...or Dwayne Haskins.

Terrified

#31027 3 years ago

Seems like a simple solution to address player safety concerns would be to limit each player to 16 regular season games regardless of how many team games are scheduled.

Coaches would then have to strategically manage their player 'bye weeks' based on player health, matchups, standings, game importance, etc

#31028 3 years ago

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I'm pretty happy that they keep getting multiple draft picks for Laremy Tunsil. Working that deal with the former butt-chin GM/coach of the Texans and now robbing the 49ers and trading with the Eagles. I'm not convinced Miami's GM will select great players with all of the draft picks, but it should make the team a lot better even if they end up with 50% of them working out.

Miami needs offensive linemen, a wide receiver, a running back, linebackers, and pass rushers. Still plenty of holes to fill on Miami's roster.

I'm also not convinced Miami has great offensive coaches/coordinator. Tua did fine last year. He wasn't great, but was solid enough. I'm thinking about what this team will/could look like in 3 or 4 years and it should be fun being a Miami Dolphins fan for the next decade.

#31029 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I'm pretty happy that they keep getting multiple draft picks for Laremy Tunsil. Working that deal with the former butt-chin GM/coach of the Texans and now robbing the 49ers and trading with the Eagles. I'm not convinced Miami's GM will select great players with all of the draft picks, but it should make the team a lot better even if they end up with 50% of them working out.
Miami needs offensive linemen, a wide receiver, a running back, linebackers, and pass rushers. Still plenty of holes to fill on Miami's roster.
I'm also not convinced Miami has great offensive coaches/coordinator. Tua did fine last year. He wasn't great, but was solid enough. I'm thinking about what this team will/could look like in 3 or 4 years and it should be fun being a Miami Dolphins fan for the next decade.

They are certainly the champion of the trade.

I still dont understand the Tua thing, how could you judge a guy based a handful of starts? Not to mention due to covid (and his own injury rehab) he had zero prep time. He deserves some snaps.

#31030 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Any thoughts on the 17 game schedule this year? The players probably aren’t thrilled, but I personally like more NFL.

I like the idea of fans who are forced to purchase preseason tickets get more for their money, but hate pretty much everything else. Records will be broken based on an extra game which seems silly. There is no argument in favor of this other than money. Additionally, an odd number of games is just.... odd.

#31031 3 years ago

Next talk will be expanding the league with more teams.

#31032 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm also not convinced Miami has great offensive coaches/coordinator.

only thing you forgot is a new ball boy! hit em up!

#31033 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Next talk will be expanding the league with more teams.

They've talking about that for the last few seasons and eventually they will add one I'm sure

#31034 3 years ago

Lots to be excited about, they just picked up a SOLID lineman in Bobby Hart.

#31035 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Lots to be excited about, they just picked up a SOLID lineman in Bobby Hart.

The Bills picked up Bobby The Bum Hart???? WTF are they thinking???? Consistently ranked amongst the worst OL in the NFL for the past 5 seasons, all I can say is good luck to their QB he's going to need a lot of it!

#31036 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The Philly trade seemed odd to me. That feels like a trade that shouldn't happen until draft night when their guy is there. Still if they can start hitting on some picks they'll be tough.

#31037 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210331-181332_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210331-181332_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#31038 3 years ago

Man that's going to make it even harder to go winless.
I'm not betting against the Lions mind you

#31039 3 years ago

The 72 dolphins have to be creakily popping corks on their metemucils. I just don't see 17-0 thru the Super Bowl happening.

#31040 3 years ago

RIP Sean Taylor - would have been 38 today. He was one of the best of an era that gave us so many great safeties.

#31041 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The 72 dolphins have to be creakily popping corks on their metemucils.

Those guys are the worst.

#31042 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210401-125924_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210401-125924_Chrome (resized).jpg
#31043 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those guys are the worst.

They were perfect. Unlike my Flight 2000 pinball machine playfield. haha.

#31044 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

RIP Sean Taylor - would have been 38 today. He was one of the best of an era that gave us so many great safeties.

When they did that show ‘the football life’ or whatever it was called. Sean Taylor’s was very memorable, but sad. Mcnairs too. That show was very well done..

#31045 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

When they did that show ‘the football life’ or whatever it was called. Sean Taylor’s was very memorable, but sad. Mcnairs too. That show was very well done..

The McNair deal is still a downer. He was my all time favorite player. To lose his life to some random thot while letting his family down was a terrible way to go.

1 week later
#31046 3 years ago

All that effort and Vic is still banned, dammit.

#31047 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

All that effort and Vic is still banned, dammit

I contacted over half the guys who post here and got nowhere......

#31048 3 years ago

I’m sure if begged the powers that be politely they’d let him back in but I don’t think that’s really his style.

Maybe his alternate NFL thread will finally take off next season!

#31050 3 years ago

Do you still have the tattoos?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 621 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/621 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.