Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,277 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240426_153028 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 2,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.
    #401 6 years ago

Another crap episode last night. No progress at all. Nothing new to even talk about. Just an in-person rehash on the cross/not cross artifact. This is why I just have out on in the background while I do other things.

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Seriously, well almost-
    drill's stuck, as soon as they put a camera in the hole, it filled with water, 'history lady' came and said nothing, metal detector guy successfully planted another find of a chest lock plate.
    Next episode will be of a diver not finding anything in the hole full of mud. Season over.

I love your quote regarding the 'History Lady'. That was some funny $hit.

I like how the 'History Lady' says something in the War Room and then the camera pans around the room and the regular Oak Island characters all have astonished/pensive looks on their faces as though she just discovered electricity.

Gord

#403 6 years ago

After reading through here I'm certain this is a viable pinball theme. Just look at us. I think most of us would want one. Ok it's not Star Wars. But oak island baby!

Carry on...

The pop bumpers could be modified drill shafts rocking back and forth. Only we would get it.

I'm shooting for the pops.

#404 6 years ago

Using the FF feature on the DVR I got through last nights episode in 19 minutes. They spent more time on recaps than commercials.

#405 6 years ago

I can just see an Oak Island pinball. Gobble holes all over the place and only one point scored per ball.
    Howie

#406 6 years ago

There is a $101 million claim on this US Company bid to have a Quarry here. More money there then on a dry hole.
    http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/topics-domaines/disp-diff/clayton.aspx?lang=eng

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I love your quote regarding the 'History Lady'. That was some funny $hit

Wikipedia is not kind to the show or the 'history lady- here's a tidbit from the show description:

"Independent researcher Kathleen McGowan Coppens offers an unsupported theory that the lead cross was part of a necklace used by Templars to smuggle gold."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_McGowan - about her:

Kathleen McGowan (born March 22, 1963) is an American author.[1] Her novel The Expected One sold over a million copies worldwide and has appeared in over fifty languages.[1] She claims to be a descendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.[2][3][4]

She was married to Phil Coppens best known for fringe science and alternative history. They wrote and made radio shows together. Lots of real academic salt in those bowls.

This is what these guys are using for 'historical guidance' for their multi-million dollar dig. That is just nuts.

If any of this was legit, why not grab a pocket knife and scrape a bit of lead off that 'possibly gold cross'. If I was in that room and was handed that cross, flip it over, poke it with a blade, and be done with it. David seems like the kinda guy to do just that, but if I had to put money on it, he hasn't because they already know.

Its a shame. I really liked this mystery as a kid.

#408 6 years ago

Anyone else think they need to send a magnet on a string down the center of the shaft? Wouldn't that be a real easy way to tell if it's metal at the bottom? Granted they send the magnet down without any swing so that catches the side.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Anyone else think they need to send a magnet on a string down the center of the shaft? Wouldn't that be a real easy way to tell if it's metal at the bottom? Granted they send the magnet down without any swing so that catches the side.

i suppose that'd be a great plan if iron weren't the 4th most common element in the Earth's crust.

#410 6 years ago

I believe they've hit nothing but true bedrock and that there's no "steel" sheathing over a vault.

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I can just see an Oak Island pinball. Gobble holes all over the place and only one point scored per ball.
    Howie

Then the machine spends five minutes telling you again and again that you got one point. Then during the next game you'll have to hear about that one point from the last game over and over.

#412 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I believe they've hit nothing but true bedrock and that there's no "steel" sheathing over a vault.

I think everyone knows this, but it’ll be several more episodes before they reveal it on the show. I think that’s why one of the brothers is getting involved in the new show about Civil War gold, he realizes the Oak Island thing is coming to an end. It’s pretty obvious from the last several episodes that there’s nothing there, but if the brothers are getting paid for every episode produced it’s in their best interest to help draw it out as long as possible and I don’t blame them for it.

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i suppose that'd be a great plan if iron weren't the 4th most common element in the Earth's crust.

But wouldn't they be able to tell if it mounts itself to a nice big solid piece of metal, like they think they've hit? And not just pick up tiny fragments?

#414 6 years ago

I enjoyed the latest episode. I think I've learned that I can't *just watch* the show... I start tinkering with other things and I use it as background noise that I pay like 53-1/2% attention to. That way I accomplish things while I waste time. Here's to hoping they re-write Canadian history. LOL.

#415 6 years ago

I thought I posted a smart ass post earlier, but looks like it didnt post...quick repost...

Maybe the templars had planned on using the vast treasure they buried to fund using nuclear transmutation to turn that "lead cross" into gold!!!

Or, maybe that lead already is gold!! ....
    If only there was a way to telll....like scratching into it....or weighing it....or x raying it...

Damn....if only there were some way

Guess we should probably just rely on the scientific method of this lady

#416 6 years ago

They don't have to scratch it. Just weigh it, measure the volume, and calculate the density. Duh

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Maybe the templars had planned on using the vast treasure they buried to fund using nuclear transmutation to turn that "lead cross" into gold!!!

I wonder if the "History Lady" knows a good Alchemist? Maybe the Templars used alchemy to reverse transmutate gold into lead so no one would be the wiser when moving the various objects from one place to another.

#418 6 years ago

I started off liking it but now I just get the feeling the whole show is all about expanding their tourism/sightseeing business.

#419 6 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I started off liking it but now I just get the feeling the whole show is all about expanding their tourism/sightseeing business.

I do admit, of all these types shows, I actually was enjoying this one; even if it was slow going. Now, after these last few episodes, I can't even hardly watch it in background anymore.

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

They don't have to scratch it. Just weigh it, measure the volume, and calculate the density. Duh

Wha? Use basic science?! Blasphemy!

Well you know those templars actually invented an early periodic table as evidenced by this here squarish rock that looks like it could of had some lines drawn on it at some time... so you know if they knew that they would have been able to... awe hell I forgot where this bs was going.

#421 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Wha? Use basic science?! Blasphemy!
    Well you know those templars actually invented an early periodic table as evidenced by this here squarish rock that looks like it could of had some lines drawn on it at some time... so you know if they knew that they would have been able to... awe hell I forgot where this bs was going.

That's ok...the next random expert will be able to fill in the rest for you

#422 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

That's ok...the next random expert will be able to fill in the rest for you

don't forget the air quotes around 'expert'. It far more important to discovery that these people present as authority without any actual evidence or practiced experience/knowledge. Its also helpful if you believe your dependent of a historical figure, which can't be verified.

In case your wondering, that last part is true for nearly everyone. Turns out Ghengis Khan was ... lets say..prolific. If you have a drop of blood from the asian steppes, you can practice pillaging almost certainly!

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Damn! Not now...lol.

Also have other word stuck in my head sounding like Lagina now. Lol.

bunt?

#424 6 years ago

Was thinkin more along pie than cake

#425 6 years ago

Can't wait till tonights episode....

My guess.... more bones.... DNA indicates its from Europe.... could this be Hitler? Is Oak Island actually Hitlers final resting place... Could he have time travelled to the civil war, and burried civil war gold on oak island? Gold that may have been stolen from the templars?

I don't know why I keep watching.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Is Oak Island actually Hitlers final resting place... Could he have time travelled to the civil war, and burried civil war gold on oak island?

You forgot to add that he may have been helped by ancient aliens.

#427 6 years ago

Tonight I think they reveal the keyhole plate.
    I have a degree of skepticism when hinges, keys, and keyholes appear in a single
    season.

I do hear second hand from the inside, that there still is a big reveal.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

You forgot to add that he may have been helped by ancient aliens.

i-see-you-have-a-perfectly-resonable-argument-youre-wrong-its-aliens (resized).jpgi-see-you-have-a-perfectly-resonable-argument-youre-wrong-its-aliens (resized).jpg

#429 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Can't wait till tonights episode....
    My guess.... more bones.... DNA indicates its from Europe.... could this be Hitler? Is Oak Island actually Hitlers final resting place... Could he have time travelled to the civil war, and burried civil war gold on oak island? Gold that may have been stolen from the templars?
    I don't know why I keep watching.

I personally am only watching at this point so that I can come to threads on pinside and type things in a series of questions. Someone always says they read it in the Oak Island Voice lol. I get pretty pissed every Tuesday night at about 10:10 when I realized I just added another hour to the three years of my life I have already wasted watching this show. Oh well.... I am seeing this thing through til the end.

#430 6 years ago

I'm still just going to wait until I see this Thread erupt! It will either be they found something OR everyone's pissed!

#431 6 years ago

Tonight's the night! I can feel it.

#432 6 years ago

Well looks like the Metal Detector guy is up to his old tricks of planting things . This time a ruby jewel . Who goes out in the woods and digs a hole and finds jewels ?

#433 6 years ago

Damn. At least put Spoiler or something at the the beginning of your post if you're going to spill the beans about a show that was on less than 12 hours ago. I didn't get a chance to watch it last night.

#434 6 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Well looks like the Metal Detector guy is up to his old tricks of planting things . This time a ruby jewel . Who goes out in the woods and digs a hole and finds jewels ?

"Holy Shimolees!" - This guy should have his own show.... just travelling around the world detecting for templar gold

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

"Holy Shimolees!" - This guy should have his own show.... just travelling around the world detecting for templar gold

He was on 'Expedition Unknown', a couple of years ago.

#436 6 years ago

SPOILER ALERT!!....they found Hoffa!

#437 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

SPOILER ALERT!!....they found Hoffa!

Must of been his jewelry that set off the metal detector!

Jimmy Hoffa? On Oak Island? Could the mafia have a long history of being related to the Templar Knights? If so, who else could be buried on Oak Island?

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

If so, who else could be buried on Oak Island?

think Roswell .....

#439 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

If so, who else could be buried on Oak Island?

I know one thing for sure, my hopes of this being a show I remember as fondly as the original reader's digest article.

#440 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

He was on 'Expedition Unknown', a couple of years ago.

I loved that show. I need to check it out again.

#441 6 years ago

Wikipedia has the next episode listed on march 6th. Titled “amazing discoveries”

.....so that means they’ll find nothing.

#442 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wikipedia has the next episode listed on march 6th. Titled “amazing discoveries”

Probably just recap things they found so far.

#443 6 years ago

I believe its the season closer, so likely a whole lot of recap of all of the 'amazing' discoveries they've made so far. Including but not limited to:

Muddy water is hard to see in.
    There's a whole lot of dirt in those holes
    Chunks of wood are more mysterious when you find them buried in dirt but no less informative
    Treasure hunting is expensive, fame and land ownership make it affordable, as a hobby goes.
    'Pattern' searches are not as effective as actual pattern searches, at least is your measure is thrilling entertainment.
    History Channel has become the blueballs of television
    Geico commercials lead to mass insanity.

#444 6 years ago

Well, we can always hope that the 'History Lady' makes another guest appearance to further educate the Oak Island crew with some additional scintillating facts which likely have nothing to do with the current treasure search on Oak Island.

Gord

#445 6 years ago

Man, the History Channel is going all in on Templar shows. Just saw a new one I haven't seen. It's set up and feels just like Hunting Hitler. They're trying to retrace the steps of the Templars.

#446 6 years ago

D5AA8FF6-C57E-4974-A878-5AFD299D1BC1 (resized).pngD5AA8FF6-C57E-4974-A878-5AFD299D1BC1 (resized).png

#447 6 years ago

Your the seventh?

#448 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Your the seventh?

Hahaha. This seems like bs to me. There’s been multiple people die that have spent years looking for the treasure. The most recent is Fred Nolan, he looked for the treasure most of his life, passed away, not counted as the seventh?

#449 6 years ago

Hahaha. This seems like bs to me. There’s been multiple people die that have spent years looking for the treasure. The most recent is Fred Nolan, he looked for the treasure most of his life, passed away, not counted as the seventh?

What about that son that died between this season and the last?

#450 6 years ago

Templar treasures or TBL reboot. Tick tock tick tock.

With these high pin prices is Repo PIN a viable show? I remember see a show on repo planes which was so far out of the box, never thought that could be a thing.

There are 2,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/9?hl=_kirk_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.