Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Great show, never miss an episode. They may never find any treasure but we will learn a boat-load about potential and actual history of the area and the US to boot. The bones at those depths are very interesting and odd to say the least. I'll be there parked in front of the TV come Tuesday evening without fail.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I just find it hard to believe that people back in the day would be capable of hiding something that far down.

How about some of the old mines right here in the states that were dug 200-400 feet deep before the advent of backhoes and excavators.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I really hope they find something down there but can’t wrap my head around the fact that such a huge important treasure would just be left there? Why would it be buried in such a way that no one could retrieve it not even the ones that put it there? Or if there was an easier way to retrieve it that only the people who buried know about then you would think they probably already retrieved it hundreds of years ago.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is it plausible? A spiral tunnel? On oak island? One that only the original diggers knew about? Littered with traps and flood tunnels to keep out unwanted intruders?

I thought the same thing but I have to look at history and consider the things people left in tombs etc. that amounted to small fortunes even during their own age. King Tut is just one example that comes to mind.

I don't believe there were spiral tunnels, the theory that the tunnels were dug horizontally has a better ring of truth for me.

#44 6 years ago

I do a bit of metal detecting myself, I have not found anything of great value but I have found silver and gold items (rings, necklaces etc.) I want to find out exactly what model the guy who detects for them has and see if it is any better than the one I use.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

All I know is the guys from gold rush could have dug down to the money put by now for less money lol</blockquote
    Boy Todd is a real idiot at times and his father....plain useless.

#72 6 years ago

Will be on tonight here in the Midwest and I'll be there right in front of the TV

#76 6 years ago

I understand that some of this island was farmland but it must have been a small portion as all references of old about it open the same way, an island of Oaks.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This show renewed my interest in wanting a metal detector. Guess what I got for X-Mas from the wife? She got me all the accoutrements too!

I have the Pioneer 505, it's middle of the road $500.00 but does a great job. I've found both Silver and gold rings, shit loads of coins and of coarse plain crap. I like to detect in old school yards, parks, volleyball pits and very old homes. Found a lot of interesting things like a Hormel Girl coin that the Hormel company gave out to serviceman during the 40's. They could trade them in for meals etc., Never found anything of any real worth, hell all the jewelry I've found probably isn't worth more than 7-$800.00 but it is a hell of a lot of fun and you'll learn things from your finds. Good luck!

#97 6 years ago

Multiball should be the tunnels flooding!

#120 6 years ago

depending on the model of detector you can set it where it will ignore most of the trash. I can set mine and it will go right over bottle caps 90% of the time without reaction. You may find anything. I found an old gold plated lipstick tube (reusable) from the 40's and many other interesting things.

#122 6 years ago

Kellyco is where I got mine and my pointer as well. They are the best to buy from, very helpful if you have limited knowledge of detecting. I also remember them having an amateur site you could go to that had detecting stories people post and just a lot of great info in general.

#138 6 years ago

There is the history aspect of the show that may be beneficial when watching the shows prior episodes.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Aliens will probably land here before they find anything.

No that would ruin the notion they are more intelligent than us, no one in their right mind would want to land on this dirtball having observed us.......

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is this not a Canadian island off of Nova Scotia ?

Yes, I was referring to the history of people going from that point into what is now the US the 17 and 1800 hundreds; or the fact that one of our presidents was involved in the treasure hunting there before his election.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Could it be??? Completed code for WOF???

Now that is wishful thinking!!!!!!

1 week later
    #275 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Earlier excavators poured red paint into the money pit, and they found it exiting on the side if the island out into the ocean.
    So yes, their are water shafts there. It's not just well water.

I believe there is a network of interconnected caves throughout the island that are below sea level and continuously flood. Drill down or tunnel to close to the wall of one and weaken it and you've got instant flood.

1 week later
    #349 6 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

They have a better chance finding old pinball parts then treasure !

Pinball parts on Qak Island? Could the Templars have come to Oak Island to produce an unlicensed pin? Was the treasure actually a POTC designed by none other than Captain Kid? Was the cross found actually a prototype for a plumb bob tilt mechanism.

#371 6 years ago

Two weeks in a row where there was nothing new except commercials.

1 week later
    #410 6 years ago

I believe they've hit nothing but true bedrock and that there's no "steel" sheathing over a vault.

7 months later
    #506 5 years ago

When does the new season start? I like some of the aspects of "hunting for treasure", I like the history lessons better.

1 month later
    #534 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

That being said, most of the finds have still been sourced by a guy walking around with a metal detector.

Yeah he seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to detecting, especially when it comes to finding one coin in a football field size area.

#536 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hopefully there won’t be as many filler episodes with so called “experts” telling us about the Knights Templar’s history and what not.

Looks like it might be The Romans this time around. Hey the history lessons are worth watching the show alone so I won't complain. I think this season wraps this up.

3 weeks later
    #600 5 years ago

Holy Shamoly!, could it be, Marcus Aurelius and the Roman legion on Oak Island???? Might the church have sent them to collect Holy Talismans...….Stay Tuned to find out

#603 5 years ago

Yeah I make fun of it but I also have been watching it from the start; if nothing else you learn some obscure history facts along the way.

#607 5 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I like the vault got pushed farther down. Seems far fetched since the people would just dig out a cavern they needed. Not like a floating box in a big void.

Really far fetched considering the sheer weight of gold, you'd have to have an air tight vault box.

#609 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Gold wouldn’t need to be in an airtight box.

I mean to float.

2 weeks later
    #648 5 years ago

Every time you close the thread you will have to start over at post #1 and rehash them all over and over......

1 week later
    #661 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Silicone sealer in the joints? Never saw that coming. Wow, would have never thought of that.

This is what they really used

oak island (resized).jpgoak island (resized).jpg
    #669 5 years ago

I've thought from the first time they mentioned the U-shaped structure, realized it's proximity to the Triangle shaped swamp they claim is man-made, that perhaps it was a dry-dock where they repaired ships in the past, for war, exploration, whatever.

3 weeks later
    #702 5 years ago

I'm sorry but I keep hearing them say the runes they found were similar to the ones in the museum. WTF, not even close if you ask me. The runes shown in the museum *all* had one thing in common, each rune was composed of multiple segments which is typical in any runes I've ever seen Viking or not. What they found on Oak island consisted of three single vertical lines of various heights, follow by 2-3 runes that were composed of 2 segments only. I believe it is some form of language or number system but, totally unrelated to the runic language in the museum.

Metal detector Gary walked right up on a find, could be whats left of a bracelet or maybe an arm band.

#703 5 years ago

Romans invented concrete...……..only age would need to be worked to answer that one...… could it be we'll find out next week on Oak Island.

#707 5 years ago

I can't comment on the flood tunnels because history is full of fantastic things done in the past by peoples that required an enormous amount of work (stone henge and Easter island come to mind), for what appears to be little to no return for the builders. I'm of the thought that the cove area was either where they built ships or repaired ships in antiquity for war or simply for exploration. I have no problem with thinking Vikings could have used this as a base to further explore the North American continent.

#738 5 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

So they are still finding small stuff. If they find the mother lode, everyone will know.

This may or may not occur due to squabbles with other countries etc. right to the treasure. I say this as when several of the treasure hunters around the Gulf and Atlantic side of Florida discovered ships with treasure that went down over 150 yrs ago they never acknowledged the finds until it was being prepared for international court which will decide who are the actual owners and who has aright to a share of the booty.

#739 5 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

After watching this latest episode, I'm surprised they didn't mention one thing. Doesn't mean that they didn't, and it just wasn't shown on TV.

They have mentioned and monitored the drift not only of their new holes but the old one of others as well.

#740 5 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

That said, if you were a secretive organization like the masons, and needed to get to something hidden in plain sight, this is how you would go about it

Thought crossed my mind as well because:

Pirates
    1) The theory that it was done by pirates is imho just ridiculous, the reason pirates would steal it to begin with it, for survival, money to trade with, living. I just can't fathom they would go to such lengths for something they damn well knew they'd be retrieving in short order. Also do you think trust within all the crew(s) involved would, or could be a viable stance to take given they could come back and get it on their own, or even worse, tell some others about it because of the need for help in retrieval.

Masons/Templars
    2) This feels a little bit better but with all that is known about their activities as a secret organization, coupled with the fact should any of them be captured and tortured they may break and tell where those precious items are. Crazy sounding,hardly, think about all the atrocities the church has committed in the past to gain information; that being said I hardly think this would not be one of the things critical to keeping these sacred objects safe. That leads to me to believe that if it were them, they would remove it and deposit it in other locations to thwart any attempts to gain access and the best way.....keep it in motion. In all these theories I try to keep in mind the number of people this would have required and what do you do with all who have knowledge, well kill all of them, which may very well explain the bones found. I can think of no other sure way they could have kept a secret with so many involved. The Egyptians and their secret tombs come to mind.....they often killed those involved to assure location would remain unknown.

Romans
    3) Not much to think about here for me as evidence is nonexistent upon the North American continent that any Romans ever sailed this far across the Atlantic or Pacific oceans. The concrete, although a Roman invention would have become wide spread knowledge within a year or two at best after it's initial use. So for the concrete, knowledge of the use of lime etc. is all that's necessary to explain it's being there. Sword was a fake so has no bearing on anything.

I personally still feel the U-shaped structures and all were built in order to either build new ships or simply repair and maintain those present so that are ready to deploy. Makes sense that this applies to any of the theories above as all rely on stealth and possible need to escape should it be necessary.....remember the Templars/Masons specially would have more likely than not have people (church etc) searching for them. A semi-dry dock would have allowed them to somewhat hide partially their ships from prying eyes as reasonably as is possible. Safe no, but better than anchoring off shore like a beacon saying here we are.
    Last but not least maybe there was something there temporarily and has been removed and all there is left for us is some very interesting history that to me is treasure in itself.

Russ

#746 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Does anyone watch Project Blue Book after Oak Island?

I'm a sucker for all these type shows. I watched where they we're following path of Jessie James in order to find multiple locations were he supposedly hid small fortunes. Well they did indeed dig up a couple of old mason jar style contains with gold eagles and double eagles them.....true don't could have been placed to find. Been waiting to see its return as they still had further clues to investigate for other locations but so far have not seen any commercials announcing a new season. Anyone see this show?

#758 5 years ago

There's a POTC pin inside the money pit vault

#760 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I guess it really would be a 'vault edition'

nice..

2 weeks later
    #778 5 years ago

Really just a bunch of ghost story type crap, waste of air time IMHO.

#781 5 years ago

I would venture to say that further work on their H8 site will be difficult at best, possibly not possible at all due to the cave-ins occurring. Looks like next week they go back to dumping dye in the holes but, it appears that color was leaking from the triangle shaped rock placements they thought were the flood tunnels.

1 week later
    #806 5 years ago

I'm going to go back and look at the tape to confirm but, did anyone else see a big pipe (like the size of a house main) coming out of the same area of the concrete wall that has the small pipes in it they discovered?

1 month later
    #882 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

They showed a clip from the new show next Tuesday on the curse of civil war gold. Part of digging deeper.

That's what I thought s too.

1 month later
    #915 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sadly there is not much on 100 channels, I actually find our local Radio talk fun

Most of the time I have TV on with the sound off and I listen to the radio or play CD's

2 months later
    #921 4 years ago

Is this hurricane near Oak Island? Might wash out the barrier?

1 week later
    #934 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

THC - The History Channel, not to be confused with Tetrahydrocannabinol lol

Can't get them mixed up, one you forget and one you definitely don't.

3 weeks later
    #944 4 years ago

Watching a new episode of Expedition Unknown tonight and Gary the metal detector guy is on this show. Turns out he's a very successful treasure hunter in his own right down in Florida. He's found lots of Bobby Dazzlers.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I like reading this thread once in a while for a laugh though I have only been able to stomach two episodes of this show in its entire run. Interesting that people might actually think that if something truly significant was found that the show producers would keep it totally secret and not purposely leak some information. News of a finding leaking to locals would certainly lead to ratings going through the roof with new viewers instead of just the old faithful viewers.

I tend to agree; however, I do see articles online leading one to believe they have found something but, not on TV or national news so it could be just as you say, a ratings ploy.

3 weeks later
    #951 4 years ago

Premier on tonight! I'll be watching.

#954 4 years ago

I'm of the opinion that the opening premier was not that good; it really just repeated a lot of last year finds with the exception of the "masonry tool". I'll keep watching though as I read a couple articles while waiting on the new season that indicated they find something this season.

4 weeks later
    #984 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

My brother made a fake treasure map with lemon juice and heated it up with a candle underneath to make it look old and I fell for it , that there was buried treasure on our 3 acres (but heck, I wanted to believe I was only 8). I didn't get as far as digging thou. lol

Sounds like me and my brother growing always trying to out do each other.

#986 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

No evidence of a body and I think the treasure chest was just a rock. I have to get caught up to what they’re doing now.

Jimmy Hoffa

1 month later
    #1006 4 years ago

One thing is undeniable and that is with as much work that has been done on the island something was of great value to whomever was there. I've tried to tie it in with times of conflict (military) but at such an early date there was not much warfare going on anywhere close to the island. Likewise when it comes to building ships for commerce there, no advantage to being across the pond from the action.

#1009 4 years ago

I think it's in the eye.

1 week later
    #1038 4 years ago

I wonder when they're going to unearth all the bodies of the people who did the work.... I can't even begin to contemplate them doing all that work to bury treasure in secret only to allow the many they needed to spread the secret or worse, alive to come back and retrieve it. I've been leaning towards some type of ship building/repair as the real reason for all the work mostly due to the absence of evidence leading to what happened to the workers. Not much sense in having a safe if everyone knows the combination.

1 week later
    #1047 4 years ago

The swamp that I thought may give up some great things appears it could just be a bust. The rocks of coarse will have to be looked at closer to get the truth but it really has lost some of it's promise.

#1050 4 years ago

I wouldn’t give up on the swamp

Not giving up I just thought things were I just think things have not gone the way they were hoping them too and that it had lost some promise of being the answer.

1 week later
    #1074 4 years ago

When they cleaned that pick off you could just barely see where it was stamped Ace Hardware on the side.

#1082 4 years ago

Purely from a Historic perspective the show is fantastic, add in the possible treasure find and who wouldn't watch. I do find it odd that something so large in scale and requiring so much in the way of resources (human labor and materials) is not noted in history somewhere. I guess that it's natural to assume something went on that was a secretive in nature but I have a hard time accepting that considering the immense man-power needed to pull this off and no mention throughout history just doesn't add up.

#1089 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Why don’t they cut the crap and explore the eye of the swamp?

Cause it's a secret, haven't you been watching? I kid, I kid.

#1093 4 years ago

No show last night? I don't remember them saying it wouldn't be on. I guess presidents day was why?

#1096 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Watched this show for a long time and realized it was a waste of time , There never gonna find anything! Like Trump says it’s a witch hunt / Hoax

I disagree, I think they've found plenty in the way of our understanding of history involved not only Oak Island but to some extent our own country as well. I'm really shocked that there was so much going on over on this side of the pond at such an early date. Look at what these people accomplished on a huge scale and by hand, just the personal will to get something done on this scale is beyond comprehension at least for me.

#1103 4 years ago

The mini series Washington was running, so it resumes next week.

Yeah somehow powered wigs and large buckles have little appeal for me.

1 week later
    #1110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

I am watching it. I don't know if there's treasure there but I know that after years and years of this show plus millions of dollars spended there is not a single find of significant value.

The history uncovered alone is a major find. This is the type of discoveries that can rewrite history as we know for much of North America.

#1112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

However the show is about the treasure hunt.

I think the History is a treasure find but if they find some material treasure I'll consider it icing on the cake.

#1115 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is 1700's history really re-writing the history of North America? It would have to be early exploration than that. That said, it is a very interesting show and even more so since my wife and I honeymooned in Chester, NS around the time the show started by coincidence.

There have been other discoveries that were before the 17th century. The fact that such an extensive operation took place on the island with no mention by anyone in history is extremely odd to say the least.

1 week later
    #1124 4 years ago

There's still a lot of potential finds left for this to be the last season. They think they've uncovered the original flood tunnel which could lead them to the money pit. There's also been extensive work in the swamp and it's possible ship. Then there's the eye of the swamp and what may lie there. Seems to much for this shows pace and I've watched it from day one.

1 month later
    #1196 4 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Also, if they were using Oak island to mine salt for preserving their fish, that would also be a good explanation for the paved area in the swamp as they likely would be packing the fish nearby as well.

All of that is no doubt a possibility but an operation that large and extended in nature would not go unnoticed or unspoken of considering the sheer scale undertaken. I could see them having an operation, I just can't wrap my head around the idea it would stay secret for any meaningful time and without that secrecy and time there's little incentive for tax evasion.

#1205 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Huh? We're talking about Nova Scotia in the mid-1700's.

They found coins and a gem dated from the 1600's so there were already things happening on the island before the mid 1700's. To engineer something on that scale was definitely not done for a mere taxation abatement scheme.

1 week later
    #1229 3 years ago

Did anyone watch the show from Sunday night, Top ten finds? Basically just went over the bigger finds from season 1 to present.

#1231 3 years ago

Yep and the top 10 best never before scenes as well, it was pretty good especially when Marty was singing the theme to Gilligan's Island re-themed to Oak Island

He was getting on Rick's nerves at the beginning but later had to start laughing.

#1240 3 years ago

Really disappointed to the end in this seasons show.

#1253 3 years ago

I think they started a big tour business and such there to help defray some of the cost along with of coarse the TV money.

3 years later
    #2157 63 days ago

Been watching this show from day one and I think either this season or definitely next season it will be over. Yeah haven't post in this thread in awhile but have kept up just haven't much to say.

#2160 63 days ago

I still enjoy some of the history they're uncovering and all the theories people bring them but yeah the narrator is obnoxious to say the least. lol

1 week later
    #2194 50 days ago

Huge timbers hand hewn, definite tunnel, thungs my be getting interesting

3 weeks later
    #2211 29 days ago

I see the garden shaft was filling up with water so likely they'll call it done due to triggering the flood trap.

#2214 28 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am glad that I wasn't the one at the bottom of the shaft!

Yeah it was coming up quickly and you could tell just by the urgency in their voices to get out. Perhaps they may be capable of pumping it low enough to plug it who knows

#2223 27 days ago

More Bobby Dazzlers

bobboy dazzler (resized).pngbobboy dazzler (resized).png
    1 week later
    #2237 19 days ago

Last night I watched one of my other fav shows: Gold Rush White Water. Guys do some crazy shit in the pursuit of gold

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=rwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.