(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    marty_lagina_meme (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7965865_3725613 (resized).png
    IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
    5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    IMG_1860 (resized).jpeg
    15703 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I do a bit of metal detecting myself, I have not found anything of great value but I have found silver and gold items (rings, necklaces etc.) I want to find out exactly what model the guy who detects for them has and see if it is any better than the one I use.

This show renewed my interest in wanting a metal detector. Guess what I got for X-Mas from the wife? She got me all the accoutrements too!

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I think you are right.Ive heard the Knights Templar were into pinball.

Those were just bagatelles made of wood, rocks, and sticks.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

OK, for kicks...OAK ISLAND PIN!
    Call Outs: One must Die!
    Chapel Vault Multiball!
    Swamp Captive Ball!
    OK, its campy, but there have been worse themes before....

Meet me in the War Room!

1 month later
    #437 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

SPOILER ALERT!!....they found Hoffa!

Must of been his jewelry that set off the metal detector!

Jimmy Hoffa? On Oak Island? Could the mafia have a long history of being related to the Templar Knights? If so, who else could be buried on Oak Island?

1 year later
    #1051 4 years ago

last night's episode was horrible, more commercials than actual content.

#1053 4 years ago

What I find really puzzling is they really seem to be on to something with shaft 2 and the actual location of the money pit. Yet we spend more time each episode on the swamp and the cove or Hoobilly Doobilly and his metal detector. Something is not adding up. If you cannot figure out that what they are finding in Smith's Cove is nothing more than a 400 year old ship's wharf, then you should start looking for unicorns and sasquatch too.

#1067 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I couldn't resist posting this one [quoted image]

Jack can be so damn phony at times with his acting

1 week later
    #1087 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

That swamp area with the stones, has to be a man made dry dock. Ocean levels were different hundreds of years ago. Sail or semi float (drag) a boat into that shallow area at high tide. Wait for the tide to out, and make repairs to the hull. That just makes sense.

I agree, the whole thing in the cove is a wharf and the swamp is the dry dock.

4 weeks later
    #1134 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Didn't want to waste time watching and find out they found nothing. So I only come here....and find out the same thing....only quicker....

Yeah, but they are now finding tunnels way down left and right. Someone, somehow, sometime, was down there doing something all on this little island. I tend to believe the payoff is eventually going to happen whether it be treasure or some other form of history.

1 month later
    #1185 3 years ago

Can they just lose Jack Begley? He gets excited over nothing, and is a horrible actor.

1 week later
    #1221 3 years ago

The last 20 minutes of the last episode was more commercials than show. That was bullshit

5 months later
    #1294 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I've been saying that for years now, but I am still hooked and watch every episode.

Welcome to O.I.A., would anyone like to start?

Me(raises hand)!

My name is Jack and I am addicted to Oak Island.

1 month later
    #1325 3 years ago

Is tonight the night? Um, no.

1 month later
    #1382 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Sounds like I can just delete all my recordings on SlingTV. I watched the first episode and figured this season would be pretty lack-luster. Then SlingTV updated their UI and pushed all my recordings down, so now they're out of sight, out of mind.

So far all my favorites have sucked this season. Oak Island and Shameless top that list.

9 months later
    #1496 2 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

How many rusty nails with Marty and Rick find on next weeks season premier?

Ooh! Season premier!

1 week later
    #1514 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Here is the thing that bugs me... the blacksmith guy who gives the relatively prcise dates on things. I am a metallurgist by training.. and I think this guy is 100% making most of that stuff up.

That's because it is completely staged and the artifact has already been inspected. The blacksmith guy has already been pre briefed on age, location and everything. He is just a puppet for the show.

1 month later
    #1561 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually Jack was using one also, but dam he irritates me with his "trying to hard" and "over acting" with every segment he is in.

Yeah, super annoying and so damn obvious.

2 weeks later
    #1586 2 years ago
    Quoted from DJK77:

Rick Lagina told the crew that might or might not be wearing hard hats at the money pit that it's time to stop exploring and start confirming. In relation to bore locations as time is running out this season. He was very stern about it too! Some old boards possibly from the deck of the ship wreck were unearthed at the swamp. Gary found a metal strap used on treasure chests, but no treasure. Billy Gerhardt was holding down the big reach excavator.

Billy Gerhardt found another lunch box.

2 months later
    #1647 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

So the whole money pit area is barely over an acre. I think the guys from Oak Island need to do a crossover event with Gold Rush. Those guys could dig a 1 acre hole 120 feet deep in just a few days!
    [quoted image]

Pre-Covid, they were talking of the "big dig" in the money pit area. Obviously they are using the cans instead.

9 months later
    #1721 1 year ago

Was there a new episode on the 27th? I couldn't find it last night.

#1725 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Wouldn't there have to be some hidden surface entrance? Who would bury vast treasure and not have an easier way to recover it if needed?

There has to be. But we can't show that yet, can we?

2 months later
    #1813 12 months ago

I swear when they are metal detecting some of those holes are already dug and been put back. The shovel goes in the ground and you see the whole thing start to wiggle.

10 months later
    #2152 36 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, in this episode they didn't just find wood, but they found actual tree trunks!
    and... they may have actually found the original money pit.

Now I have to go home and watch this tonight.

1 week later
    #2185 29 days ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

And this season way more than any other. It's really bad this year. Just think of all the stuff they edited out because it was too boring!

I don't know, last night's episode was boring enough to put me to sleep. I came here to see if I need to re-watch it or move on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.