Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 6 years ago

One of our local pinball players (Joe) was on the show. The tour group visiting the island, & I think he had three lines. Don't think he got paid any money. I was to the causeway last year which you can't drive on with my brother. My last tour by boat was 40+ years ago. I don't think it was a big deal ordering a larger 50" drill. Irving is a huge company, & i'm sure they have lots of use for it in the construction field.

#172 6 years ago

If anything big was found. The info would be leaked out instantly. Our Government wants to claim a big share for doing nothing. Diving on ship wrecks was big here 30 years ago. Now private divers say nothing!

1 week later
    #227 6 years ago

I see that they found something big. Hard to believe we heard nothing here in Halifax. The last few shows have next to no content. That box drain from the cove I can't believe they couldn't locate on land & seal it.

1 week later
    #294 6 years ago

Another boring dry hole! Maybe the next one, almost like the oil/gas industry. On another note a failed quarry got a $500 million award that will likely be repealed down. US company wanted to mine & ship gravel by ship to New Jersey from Nova Scotia. Seems like a easier way of hitting the jackpot. Bilcon is the company if you want to search more info.

1 week later
    #343 6 years ago

You learn more here, then watching the shows!

#369 6 years ago

You didn't miss anything from the last show. Be more thrills from top cops.

#389 6 years ago

It's like all the hunting hitler stuff previously, & the rat line.

#406 6 years ago

There is a $101 million claim on this US Company bid to have a Quarry here. More money there then on a dry hole.
    http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/topics-domaines/disp-diff/clayton.aspx?lang=eng

7 months later
    #511 5 years ago

Nothing in the news here. If they ever hit it big it would be world news. Still likely only a money pit of lost money!
    The brothers should have tried to open a quarry like these guys. Still do not know what millions they got.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/bilcon-443-million-denied-ns-quarry-1.4645199

1 month later
    #606 5 years ago

I like the vault got pushed farther down. Seems far fetched since the people would just dig out a cavern they needed. Not like a floating box in a big void.

1 month later
    #727 5 years ago

The island is very close to the mainland. You could of had a camp off the island. Row a dory back & forth. If you watch the show you see how long the rock fill road is across the water. They even said how the local guys did this that found the money pit (use a row boat). Still nothing big on our news here. So they are still finding small stuff. If they find the mother lode, everyone will know.

1 week later
    #762 5 years ago

I still like the wire cable in the dam excavation. Nothing said!

1 month later
    #821 5 years ago

For those watching the show, like myself. They should of done a series on old & active gold mining in Nova Scotia. It would make Gold Rush seem small. https://www.anacondamining.com/goldboro-project
    Now they say 1 million in reserve & they are spending $100 million on the project.
    http://novascotiagold.ca/theme/exploitation_de_lor-mining/districts_auriferes_actifs-active_gold_districts-eng.php

1 month later
    #880 4 years ago

Local expert says next year is big!

5 months later
    #935 4 years ago

Us locals have not heard any news. So likely not much going on this season. Milk it some more!

#946 4 years ago

No I am not local, but in the capital near by. There is still no major news at this time. Here is the real GOLD to be found in Nova Scotia!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/bilcon-443-million-denied-ns-quarry-1.4645199

2 years later
    #1688 1 year ago

Is my $100k one of a kind prototype licensed pinball for Texas next year. This title, we will see in the Fall! Lived here all my life & visited the island by boat. There is definitely treasure there, in what form is to be revealed in the future. I would guess the Masons know the location of the missing stone marker all these years.

#1690 1 year ago

Time will tell, along with the new season.

8 months later
    #1782 1 year ago

Not much of a winter here for snow cover. They could get a early start on the search, but I think everything is timed for filming the show. If anyone is coming to Halifax let me know & we can play some pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.