Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,264 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budmanpinfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 6 years ago

How about ‘The search for JPOP’s preorder pins’. Unfortunately we all know how that one ends.

1 week later
    #412 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I believe they've hit nothing but true bedrock and that there's no "steel" sheathing over a vault.

I think everyone knows this, but it’ll be several more episodes before they reveal it on the show. I think that’s why one of the brothers is getting involved in the new show about Civil War gold, he realizes the Oak Island thing is coming to an end. It’s pretty obvious from the last several episodes that there’s nothing there, but if the brothers are getting paid for every episode produced it’s in their best interest to help draw it out as long as possible and I don’t blame them for it.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Is Oak Island actually Hitlers final resting place... Could he have time travelled to the civil war, and burried civil war gold on oak island?

You forgot to add that he may have been helped by ancient aliens.

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

History Channel has become the blueballs of television

LOL, they keep teasing that tonight’s the night only to have nothing happen. If tomorrow’s the last episode of the season I’m sure there’ll be some ‘discovery’ to make it look like the treasure might still be on the island so people don’t give up on it.

#480 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Just finished watching....sadly, not only am I done...but I don't think I will even check out their new show. Enough is enough...

Me too. I wish the Lagina brothers success and I hope one day they find something truly amazing, but there’s no big treasure to be found on the island and I don’t find the bone fragments and other trinkets they discover all that interesting.

1 year later
    #967 4 years ago

Yeah this week seemed to be 100% filler, they could have easily edited most of that out.

4 months later
    #1169 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

So, I've now come the the conclusion that whatever was down there, was put there by a time traveler.

Contact the Lagina’s and you’ll probably get to be on the show next season presenting your theory in the war room.

8 months later
    #1374 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

...Gary keeps smiling when asked and says he is sure the treasure is still there.

The treasure is the fame and money they are making off this and their other shows, plus tourism and merchandising. Most of that comes to a stop when they admit there’s nothing of value left to find. So yeah, the treasure is still there.

1 year later
    #1628 2 years ago

As I tell anyone who watches a series on searching for Bigfoot, the Lochness Monster, or the Yeti, ‘I don’t have to watch it to know how it ends’.

1 year later
    #1770 1 year ago
    Quoted from andylama:

50+ years later and Lucy is still yanking that football away from us.
    [quoted image]

LMAO! That pretty much sums up how I feel about that show. Oak Island has yanked the football away from everyone who’s ever come there looking for a treasure.

Quoted from AFM95:

I don’t think this is true, but it feels like the History Channel doesn’t want them to find anything yet.

I really don’t think this has anything to do with it. There have been a number of people who dedicated their lives to finding the treasure who passed away without seeing any results for their efforts. The main investors involved in the current search effort are all getting older, if they knew exactly where there was treasure they wouldn’t waste time going after it.

#1774 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I get what you mean, I really don’t think the History Channel is forcing them to slow down. However, the advanced technology, the amount of money being spent on the hunt, and the high number of actual people on the ground working should have gotten them a lot farther than where they are today.
    If they really want to drill all of these pilot holes, why not hire an additional crew or two to do it? You’re wasting time.

I’m not going to argue that. It’s really not a very big area they’re dealing with and with all of the ground imaging they’ve done you think they would’ve been able to locate anything of interest.

1 week later
    #1799 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Let’s have some fun here:
    1. Who is your favorite person on the show?
    2. Who is your least favorite (can’t be the narrator)?
    3. What month/year will they find treasure or end the show?
    When you name your favorite and least favorite person, make sure you explain why.

1. Miriam Amirault - no explanation necessary
    2. Peter Fornetti - doesn’t seem to know why he’s even there, and neither does anyone else
    3. Aug. 1795 by Samuel Ball

1 month later
    #1851 11 months ago

So after years and years of people searching they’ve finally condensed the treasure search area down to maybe a 20 yard radius. If they don’t find any treasure this summer there’s nothing there except for cobble roads, rock formations, and whatever small bits Gary finds. They will speculate on and on forever about who was there and what they were doing.

#1853 11 months ago
    Quoted from Oneironaut:

Just my 2 cents. I was waiting all season for the Muon tech results. That they ignored/skipped over the results tell me there is nothing there. I may still be proven wrong but this shit has got to stop.

If I remember correctly they said that test takes at least a year to complete because you need to leave the sensors buried in place without disturbing them for a long period of time. I can't remember exactly when they started that process? But I agree, there have been other tests which they thought would provide definitive evidence and you either never hear the results or they’re not conclusive. At this point if I was the History Channel I would discreetly buy some ancient gold coins and dump them in the garden shaft to give them something to find and keep people interested. Or maybe they already have and they still can’t find them.

#1858 11 months ago
    Quoted from Oneironaut:

Lets take this back to the very beginning. 3 kids see a pully hanging from and old oak tree above a depression. Does this even make any damn sense? ALL that work to hide the worlds most AMAZING treasure and you leave a calling card to come mooch my treasure.

Exactly, there is no proof that any treasure was ever buried there to begin with. The whole story of there being treasure is speculation related to the story of the 3 kids who saw lights and went to investigate. That story is taken as gospel by all the treasure hunters because without it, you don’t have anything. The only ‘hard evidence’ that there's something there is the small debris on the drill bit from years ago, and more recently, the gold in the water tests. That’s pretty flimsy in my opinion. Obviously a lot of work was done on the island hundreds of years ago, but what the purpose of all that work was will likely never be known. People are fascinated by the possibility of a Templar Knights connection so they keep playing that up, but I think it just makes the whole story more unbelievable.

5 months later
    #1868 6 months ago

I watched a little bit of one of the ‘top ten’ recap shows about a week ago and the guy who tests the water was talking to Rick and Marty and asked them what they thought the chances were of there being either silver or gold in the garden shaft. Rick said he thought there was but Marty said something along the lines of slim to none. You can see Rick’s enthusiasm and his belief that there’s something there, but I’m pretty sure Marty came to the conclusion a few years back that there's no treasure to be found and he just keeps the search going for the purpose of the show...and for some of the others.

2 weeks later
    #1908 5 months ago

I think we can all agree the main takeaway from last night’s season opener was: where in the hell was Miriam??

On another note, it was interesting they finally received the results back from the muon testing and it seems to indicate some type of underground cavern that looks to be a point of interest this season.

1 month later
    #1991 4 months ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Finding natural caves has to be a blow to their morale… now every void is likely to just be a natural cave. The fact there is an opening makes it worse… since all of the caves could be interconnected. Almost zero chance people in the 1700’s just randomly stumbled upon a natural cave 140’ below ground.

Sure, but how do you explain the sequence of hand cut timbers they’re hitting 100’ below ground that date back to the 1700’s? Someone was able to build a tunnel back then for who knows what reason. I don’t know if there was ever any treasure buried there, and if there was whether any of it is left. But what’s interesting is why the underground tunnels were constructed. There must’ve been a pretty important reason for them to undertake such a Herculean effort like that at the time. Clearly a lot of activity happened on the island that there is no record of.

3 weeks later
    #2062 3 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Others must feel the same way...listed 170 days ago.
    Definitely would be interesting to spend a winter there.

If it was more reasonably priced I bet someone would buy it and turn it into a vacation rental house.

#2064 3 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Imagine if the new owner started metal detecting during the winter, and found the "Holy Grail". That would be hilarious!

I was thinking the same thing, the Lagina’s pass on buying the property but that ends up being where the treasure is. Either way, the Canadian government would probably have a claim to part of it.

#2080 3 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Last night was a snoozer.

Quoted from Playdium:

Another "filler" episode with nothing interesting…

It was pretty boring even by their standards. While I’m still interested in the story of what happened on the island even if there isn’t any treasure, the way they’re stretching out these episodes makes it tough to keep watching.

1 week later
    #2093 3 months ago

Yep, one hour for a piece of wood with a nail, a piece of chain with a hook attached, and a glass bead. The most interesting thing was ‘Aladdin’s cave’, of which Rick said ‘we’ll have to come back to this later’.

Oh yeah, and still no sign of Miriam

#2097 3 months ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

"Aladdin's cave" is nonsense, and they know it. No chance that people, 300 years ago... dug done 140 ft and intersected a natural cave in order to hide a treasure. That would be hard to do in 2024, with ground pentrating radar and professional drilling equipment.

I tend to agree with that about Aladdin’s cave. The thing that looks like a ‘rivet’ is probably just a piece of rock that happens to resemble one. But they’re going to delay exploring it just so they can prolong the idea that it might actually be something.

#2098 3 months ago

What about the timbers that they drill through that deep? Either people did that, or they washed in from the sea or something.

Exactly. Someone was puttingu timber down there back in the 1700’s, those aren’t searcher tunnels. For what reason did they do that?

1 week later
    #2106 89 days ago

I’m thinking they found very little of interest last year which is why the episodes are even more stretched out than usual.

4 weeks later
    #2161 61 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Been watching this show from day one and I think either this season or definitely next season it will be over.

Yeah, with or without the treasure. It’s a small island and they have depleted places to search. I enjoy learning about who was on the island and what they were doing, but at the pace the episodes move my interest is fading.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

BUT... they started drawing lines again on a map from the large rocks that form a Templar cross that point to the various things on the island.

They actually looked like they were taking this theory seriously. A lot of times when they have some looney pitching their crackpot theory about the treasure the guys look like they are trying hard to keep from laughing.

1 week later
    #2191 54 days ago

Just like the viewers, I think a lot of the ‘Fellowship of the Dig’ are getting wore down by the lack of results. I don’t know how many still believe they’ll actually find anything. I think some would’ve already left if it wasn’t for the steady paycheck the TV show helps to provide. Rick seems to be the only one who still has a real passion for the search. I think Marty has one, maybe two more seasons left in him before calling it quits and moving on.

2 weeks later
    #2202 34 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I fell asleep 10min into last nights episode. What did I miss?

Let me think…other than another screwball theorist who claims he knows the Ark of the Covenant is buried there, not a damn thing. We all know the Ark of the Covenant is stored in a large government warehouse.

IMG_0635.jpegIMG_0635.jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #2232 17 days ago

I thought the episode tonight was very boring, and now they must be thinking the same thing, because the biggest thing planned at the moment is another road trip to Europe.

Yep, I’m sure the trip to Europe was the idea of the show’s producers realizing that they needed material for episodes as they hadn’t found anything of interest.

#2242 15 days ago

I think the current state of things is how the series will eventually end. They find constructs done by people a long time ago, but they never find out why they were built. They find some interesting artifacts left by people, but they never know who these people were. They have several different people present theories, but they can never prove any of them. And finally, they never find a big treasure, and no one really knows if there was ever any treasure to begin with.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budmanpinfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.