Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I find it interesting that the one guy, name escapes me, that was a freed slave started buying more and more lots. Imagine buying some land and finding a bunch of treasures.

Samuel Ball, Born in South Carolina 1765, died in 1846.

#55 6 years ago

The format for most of these type of shows are annoying. Repeating the last bit that was aired before the commercial break. Or 6 minutes from the last episode. We do not get a full hour of TV show, and do not get me started on airing the same 3 or 4 repetitive commercials. That Searching for Hitler is the winner hands down for repeating the last scene.

Oak Island is interesting, wonder how much the guys will actually get, if a treasure is discovered? Canadian, and Nova Scotia governments surely will have plenty of say over what happens to any antiquities. Might have to look this up. Canada is unlike the UK where everything goes to the government, and the finders are paid a recovery fee.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I think it's amazing how a single coin ends up in the middle of the trees. Makes me wonder, did they not have pockets? are they just carrying around fistfulls of coins around with them?

One has to realize that trees on Oak Island are all 2nd or 3rd growth. A over a hundred years ago it was farm land, a farm hand, could of slipped while plowing, coins could of fallen out of pockets fairly easily. Also 150 years ago a pocket was an accessory it looked like a small apron with 1 or 2 bags that held stuff.
    e6d90fccbae0bfbd94e8765c7357559d.jpgpocket (resized).jpge6d90fccbae0bfbd94e8765c7357559d.jpgpocket (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #243 6 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I see that they found something big. Hard to believe we heard nothing here in Halifax. The last few shows have next to no content. That box drain from the cove I can't believe they couldn't locate on land & seal it.

From watching this show, there appears to be only a small amount of involvement from either the provincial or federal government. Either governments must be more involved than the show lets on. Even if they find more human remains, they run the risk of a shut down, if the remains can be traced to being of Native Indian origin. If more of a skeleton is found surely the local RCMP would have to be notified. The viewers are not being shown this or it is not being filmed.
    Oak Island must be covered with some kind of Nova Scotia or Canadian laws that protect it some what.

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Episode 17 will Air on February 27th. But they don’t have a final date yet for the end of the season in the listing. So there might even be more then 17 episodes this season.

Rick and Marty Legina own Oak Island Tours. Oak Island Tours owns 78% of the island, those guys will be around for some time. If absolutely nothing is found, this island will continue to a tourist attraction for many years. If they stick around for to long they might have to become Canadian citizens.

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

.the first Arby's franchise on the island?

Funny, but if a franchise goes up on Oak Island it will most likely by a Tim Hortons Donuts.

4 weeks later
    #435 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

"Holy Shimolees!" - This guy should have his own show.... just travelling around the world detecting for templar gold

He was on 'Expedition Unknown', a couple of years ago.

#452 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hahaha. This seems like bs to me. There’s been multiple people die that have spent years looking for the treasure. The most recent is Fred Nolan, he looked for the treasure most of his life, passed away, not counted as the seventh?

Might be something to do with an accidental death, and passing away from natural causes?

8 months later
    #596 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Even if they were not paid by the network, they still could afford the operations on the island. I think Marty Lagina is worth 100 million dollars, and owns a couple of successful companies. I do not think they are searching so much for the monetary value of the treasure, if there is any to be found, but just to solve the mystery once and for all.

Looks like GMC and Chevrolet are paying for their trucks to be on the show, as the company logos are not blurred out. Also those are new GMs

3 weeks later
    #637 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I actually noticed that this season they started adding the line to the opening something to the extent of "Maybe the treasure isn't gold or riches, but re-defining history"

Besides the Native Americans which were here. That whole thing regarding Christopher Columbus being the first to North America will have to be re-written if the Knights Templer were here. Lets not forget that the Vikings (Eric the Red 985, and Leif Erikson 1000) were on the eastern seaboard, way before Columbus landed in the Caribbean in 1479. It is also known that the Chinese were sailing large ships around the Pacific way before Columbus, and they have maps of the West Coast.

1 week later
    #667 5 years ago

I will speculate that Oak Island was once 2 islands. The 2 islands created a natural dry(ish) dock at low tide. The swamp is what remains of that gap between the islands. If it was a natural dry dock, there should be tons of man made stuff that was left behind.

3 weeks later
    #745 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Does anyone watch Project Blue Book after Oak Island?

Yep. It is good. It is filmed in and around Vancouver BC. It is no X-Files, but none of the episodes have been weak. There have been a few CGI parts, that blended in well.

4 weeks later
    #796 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I wonder if they can leave that coffer damn up over winter?

Yes, as it is winter now. Technically Winter ends on March 21st, but other regions of Canada winter can remain until mid or late April.

The question I have is how they got a permit for the dam at all. Must be because of the fact that previous digs have been done there, and that area is not an undisturbed area. All that sea life and shore line flora and fauna must be protected, according to the environmentalists.

2 weeks later
    #828 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Just read that Dan Blankenship dies last night at age 95.

Sad news. 95 and not making new friends every morning is a good life. RIP. There will an episode on him for sure.

53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    (from face book)

10 months later
    #1085 4 years ago

That swamp area with the stones, has to be a man made dry dock. Ocean levels were different hundreds of years ago. Sail or semi float (drag) a boat into that shallow area at high tide. Wait for the tide to go out, and make repairs to the hull. That just makes sense.

2 weeks later
    #1117 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

William Shatner should watch the show. He wouldn't have had so many questions if he did.

William Shatner needs to make more money. I saw something that one Unexplained Show will be done there.

1 month later
    #1226 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

C- Ohhh it's a Coin..... ( Gary's voice )

Had a great laugh during the episode when they send Gary down a well near the Money Pit. People toss coins in wells all the time, what was he suppose to find?

1 week later
    #1258 3 years ago

If they plan to dig out that entire money pit area. That will extend the show a few more years.

8 months later
    #1394 3 years ago

"A Plumb Bob?" 'You would need that to dig a shaft' (OMG People!)

Fooee. No sailors on Oak Island? Gary may of never seen a weight on a sounding line.

2 years later
    #2001 4 months ago

What would be really interesting, is, if they find the remains of the unknown victim. Recovering the bones of that poor soul could cover 2 episodes at the least.

3 months later
    #2240 12 days ago

The show we are watching now, would of been recorded last summer and fall of 2023. It is currently spring, and there would be fairly cool temperatures for filming in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.