9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png
    D5AA8FF6-C57E-4974-A878-5AFD299D1BC1 (resized).png
    i-see-you-have-a-perfectly-resonable-argument-youre-wrong-its-aliens (resized).jpg
    B6E137E8-735A-4E86-BB72-E1D8EF4300D0 (resized).jpeg
    C443D8CA-A915-4600-8913-563B451D25DA (resized).jpeg
    FB7A637E-A543-4362-B71B-4E0E2B8F030A (resized).jpeg
    C9ED5AA9-680D-4405-9BAF-D5B9D5AE4B2A (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    ats36902_Mine (resized).jpg
    oak-island-5-1 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    FoundCoins (resized).jpg

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #351 8 months ago

Could it be?

#352 8 months ago

I think we need a re-theme. "The Templars of Oak Island"

Maybe Dialed-In, take the cell phone out of his hand and put in a sword.

Or re-theme a bingo. Just a bunch of holes.

#353 8 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I think we need a re-theme. "The Templars of Oak Island"
    Maybe Dialed-In, take the cell phone out of his hand and put in a sword.
    Or re-theme a bingo. Just a bunch of holes.

The instant image of a oak island bingo just cracked me up!

#354 8 months ago

I just saw a commercial on the History Channel. I think Rick Lagina has a new show. I saw it quick and was not thinking to remember details. Something like "Curse of the Civil War Gold". I think they were scuba diving in lake Michigan.

#355 8 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I just saw a commercial on the History Channel. I think Rick Lagina has a new show. I saw it quick and was not thinking to remember details. Something like "Curse of the Civil War Gold". I think they were scuba diving in lake Michigan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/comments/7wwhga/ok_guys_here_it_is_the_curse_of_the_civil_war_gold/

#356 8 months ago

Saw this too. What a money grab. Guess I'll be watching this one too. Damn History Channel!

#357 8 months ago

Yeah me too. I’m a sucker for those stories like that. They turn up civil war gold buried in mason jars from time to time. Those knights of the golden circle stories are interesting. I’m sure I’ll watch. I mean what else will I have to do once this and hunting butler go off lol.

#358 8 months ago

All of us could probably whip up a viable show.

I know it looks so easy but we have some serious talent here.

We could create or uncover a myth. Pinball related somehow?

#359 8 months ago

Come up with a mythical pinball machine, like the Polybius of pinball.....

Every episode it seems like they almost found it, but just found another clue. Maybe a guy who worked in the factory that remembers some obscure detail of the game, that leads to some broken flipper mechanism, and the name of the engineering company stamped in the metal..... Could it be?!?!?!

All funded by some wealthy unknown person who only shows up in silhouette form with an altered voice. They claim that no cost is too great for the machine.

#360 8 months ago

How about ‘The search for JPOP’s preorder pins’. Unfortunately we all know how that one ends.

#361 8 months ago

I'm really surprised they don't have a Pinball Hunters show....

#362 8 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'm really surprised they don't have a Pinball Hunters show....

I could see it as a web series, but if general antique picking/hunting can barely survive I can't imagine a niche subject like pinball hunting would be successful on tv.

#363 8 months ago

You're probably right, but every time I check the cable stations there is some other show about crazy shit. How many times can you watch someone fish by sticking your arm up a fishes ass, or whatever they do!

#364 8 months ago

Don't forget that people will have to die because of this pinball machine.

Reminds me of the show in the late 90's called "When Cars attack." Completely made up mockumentary about how cars have brains and will attack it's owners at any moment. It was shown on NBC primetime or one of the big networks. I remember watching it as they totally presented it deadpan. They even went all out to place the evolution of this "Brain" on a table from the earliest of cars to the modern ones.

#365 8 months ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I could see it as a web series, but if general antique picking/hunting can barely survive I can't imagine a niche subject like pinball hunting would be successful on tv.

Plus, all of these shows are so fictionalized and sensationalized, it would just drive people who know anything about pinball completely nuts. They'd be like "WE FOUND THIS ULTRA-RARE ADDAMS FAMILY AND IT STILL WORKS!!" or some other ridiculous BS. Or act like their fix-it guy worked a miracle to bring a game back to life when clearly all he did was replace a fuse.

Truth is, most of the barn finds, forgotten warehouses, and other diamonds in the rough pinball-wise have been snatched up by now. Everyone's had The Google for decades now. I know there are still some out there, but not enough that a TV show could go find them on a regular basis. It could have been doable in say 2008 or so, but it'd be much harder to pull off now. They'd just end up faking all of it.

#366 8 months ago

They dedicated tonight's entire episode to beefing and rehashing the 'Templar' connection. They are clearly shaping a narrative, and certainly know more about where the findings are than the current episodes suggest. However, there's also a History Channel series now dedicated to Templar's, and if this turns out to be a deliberate red hearing, I'd quit the show in a heartbeat. If this leads to nowhere, it was a waste of time and wouln't have much faith in the show doing much more than extending that painfully and slowly between commercials in a new season.

Not one shred of new development in this episode, just a long drawn 'is it templars... sure looks like templars, have you heard about the templars, no.... let me show you every single reference in a 3 year series to the templars..now have you seen them?'

#367 8 months ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

One more thing I am thinking. . . . the History Channel all of a sudden has more featured shows/specials on the Templars as of late. I don't know what the brothers will find (if anything) but if it is Templar related that could be the inspiration for the new shows/series. Just a thought. . . if it happens you heard it here first.

From Post #186

#368 8 months ago

I didn't watch tonight's episode yet, but I have to say....after several years of watching this show, while it is a very cool adventure, whether they find something in the next few episodes or not....I'm done watching.

I just cant stand the repeating info or all the fluff any further....typical deal;good story, even a few genuine people, buy gettinf ruined by corporate tv....

#369 8 months ago

You didn't miss anything from the last show. Be more thrills from top cops.

#370 8 months ago

Perhaps they will find Mormon Plates, and mess everything up!

#371 8 months ago

Two weeks in a row where there was nothing new except commercials.

#372 8 months ago

Yup... big let down this week.

whatever might have been there at one time, probably was dug up 100 years ago.... and then the diggers "gave up" looking for the treasure so they could sell the land to some other schmuck believing it was still there.

Laginas..... you've been catfished.

#373 8 months ago

I think it would be funny to fly a drone over at night and drop random old shit in the hole.

#374 8 months ago

Like I said...I'll just check back here to get all the information I need....

#375 8 months ago

Yeah, I am disappointed in this season. Probably won't watch it anymore. Was a time when it was cool but now it is just 10 minutes of footage of the drill rocking back and forth every episode.

#376 8 months ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it would be funny to fly a drone over at night and drop random old shit in the hole.

...you might crash into the drone the shows producers are using for the same thing.

#377 8 months ago

It almost seems that they know where the treasure is, and where it came from. Why else would they weave such a long complicated Templar narrative. There’s been more hiStory then hunting this season.

Also. If this show doesn’t find anything, then no one will watch the next show. I don’t even care about civil war gold.

#378 8 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Why else would they weave such a long complicated Templar narrative.

More episodes means more monies, cross promotion of their Templar Drama

#379 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

More episodes means more monies, cross promotion of their Templar Drama

I get that, but if they don’t find anything significant then no one will care to watch their next show, and they won’t have a hope in hell with their tourism business.

https://www.oakislandtours.ca

#380 8 months ago

I get that, but if they don’t find anything significant then no one will care to watch their next show...

That's one way of looking at it. You could also see it as nothing has ever happened on the show ever, and we're all still watching it

#381 8 months ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Yeah, I am disappointed in this season. Probably won't watch it anymore. Was a time when it was cool but now it is just 10 minutes of footage of the drill rocking back and forth every episode.

This is why I love this thread the most. I can see the drill rocking back and forth. It's a good visual. For other things too.

#382 8 months ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I've probably watched 20 minutes combines of the last 2.

#383 8 months ago

After seeing them on the Colbert show. It makes me wonder. If thier success has anything to do with that Inparticular. Or has it changed thier direction? Budget. Etc etc.

These are the things my mind gets at. That and the drill rocking back and forth...

#384 8 months ago

This entire show, all 5 seasons could be easily condensed into a 2 hour documentary. I’m surprised that YouTube doesn’t already have an abridged version.

#385 8 months ago

This entire show, all 5 seasons could be easily condensed into a 2 hour documentary. I’m surprised that YouTube doesn’t already have an abridged version.

That's basically what I said about 5 pages ago.

#386 8 months ago

I’m surprised that YouTube doesn’t already have an abridged version.

This Thread IS our abridged version....

#387 8 months ago

Off topic I watched bbc planet earth two last night. One of the episodes. It was very good. I want to watch them all.

One segment had a crew catching a speculated natural occourance. They were very excited that this speculated natural event was caught on camera. It had to do with animals feeding and other craziness on the open seas. The event caught.

A very good show.

Another upcoming show has giant octopi, by the hundreds.

#388 8 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Off topic I watched bbc planet earth two last night. One of the episodes. It was very good. I want to watch them all.
    One segment had a crew catching a speculated natural occourance. They were very excited that this speculated natural event was caught on camera. It had to do with animals feeding and other craziness on the open seas. The event caught.
    A very good show.
    Another upcoming show has giant octopi, by the hundreds.

All of the episodes and versions of this show are absolutely stunning in every way.

#389 8 months ago

It's like all the hunting hitler stuff previously, & the rat line.

#390 8 months ago

I know its the show that follows (Hunting Hitler). . . but did anyone else notice that History Chanel forgot to scramble the face of source that wished to remain anonymous in one of the scenes looking at microfilm? He was pixelated 90% of the time but there was one five second spot they missed. Provided ithe scene was not all scripted ahead of time. . . wonder what the liability for something like that is?

#391 8 months ago

What is the recap from last nights episode. Please spare me from having to watch it.

#392 8 months ago
    Quoted from smailskid:

What is the recap from last nights episode. Please spare me from having to watch it.

They found the Templar treasure. It included the ark of the covenant and the holy grail itself. You missed it

#393 8 months ago
    Quoted from smailskid:

Drill bit's still locked up on a pile of shopping carts and truck rims. Comcast lists the next episode as 17 not 16, so presume they found the treasure and removed that episode to build the entire next season on top of it.

Seriously, well almost-

drill's stuck, as soon as they put a camera in the hole, it filled with water, 'history lady' came and said nothing, metal detector guy successfully planted another find of a chest lock plate.

Next episode will be of a diver not finding anything in the hole full of mud. Season over.

#394 8 months ago

I was watching for the first five minutes. Something made me laugh when they were showing their ancient fertility god symbol. or whatever it was.

Ok, I totally watched fifteen minutes, not five.

#395 8 months ago

Basically it was another fluff episode.
    1. They found a keyhole cover in the junk area of the island with metal detector.
    2. They think the big Cason lost its teeth on a big metal plate.
    3. They sent a camera down to look but it filled with water again quickly.
    4. Next week a diver is going down to feel around and the metal doctor guy does strike a bit of real treasure.
    I think that is about it.

#396 8 months ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

They found the Templar treasure. It included the ark of the covenant and the holy grail itself. You missed it

Yep. The episode was live and you will not be able to watch it On Demand.

#397 8 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Basically it was another fluff episode.

ha they are all fluff episodes really. some just more than others.... I have watched all episodes from beginning always kind of laughing to myself because the reason that noone finds anything is ...there is nothing there!! That was my opinion anyway. But I found it interesting to watch how far will someone go based on their beliefs. But after 5 years I don't care much anymore to watch. It has always been tedious but I am reaching my limit. Thanks for the update.

#398 8 months ago
    Quoted from smailskid:

ha they are all fluff episodes really. some just more than others.... I have watched all episodes from beginning always kind of laughing to myself because the reason they no one finds anything is ...there is nothing there!! That was my opinion anyway. But I found it interesting to watch with how far will someone go based on their beliefs. But after 5 years I don't care much anymore to watch. It has always been tedious but I am reaching my limit. Thanks for the update.

I feel that 90 percent of these reality shows are fake and they 'salt' the treasure site with artifacts. However, TCOOI does seem real because they really haven't found much of anything in 5 years now.

I sort of wish they would 'salt' the search sites a bit to make it more interesting.

Gord

#399 8 months ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I sort of wish they would 'salt' the search sites a bit to make it more interesting.

Who is to say that the few items they have found weren't salted? Either way they haven't had to do anything more than the basic hype as long as their viewership and tourist trap were flourishing. The show has cleverly set the narrative and when it finally ends without significant findings the regular viewers will all believe that nothing was found because: a) the "treasure" is still there but hidden too well, or b) someone already found it and took it. This despite the fact that the infinitely more likely scenario is: c) there never was a treasure in the first place.

#400 8 months ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know its the show that follows (Hunting Hitler). . . but did anyone else notice that History Chanel forgot to scramble the face of source that wished to remain anonymous in one of the scenes looking at microfilm? ...

I haven't watched it yet but the intro made it look like they finally found Hitler so I'm pumped. Sucks I can't go online all day becasue I don't want it spoiled!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 39.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 360.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside