Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,222 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Jtm3
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    marty_lagina_meme (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7965865_3725613 (resized).png
    IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
    5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    IMG_1860 (resized).jpeg
    15703 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago

I always watch it, but I just find it hard to believe that people back in the day would be capable of hiding something that far down. You would think if it is, there would be some entry to a tunnel topside. If there is something down there, what are the chances they'll destroy it with that heavy equipment?

Maybe they should get Nick Cage to stick his hand in a hole to find a hidden lever that opens secret entrance.

#28 6 years ago

Each show starts with saying the legend says 7 people have to die, but I've never really heard anything about the legend other than that phrase.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I do a bit of metal detecting myself, I have not found anything of great value but I have found silver and gold items (rings, necklaces etc.) I want to find out exactly what model the guy who detects for them has and see if it is any better than the one I use.

Well, you've found more than they have so far. haha.

#53 6 years ago

^Maybe a working Magic Girl?

#113 6 years ago

All the loot is probably on one of the little neighboring islands

#132 6 years ago

No real need to watch prior episodes.

#167 6 years ago

Yeah. That diver that went down that hole a couple times. I didn't know a human with that large of testicles existed.

#184 6 years ago

Grrrr. Need to see some stuff coming up from down below.

#214 6 years ago

goon (resized).jpggoon (resized).jpg

#228 6 years ago

Hopefully a good episode tonight

#229 6 years ago

Maybe they should've looked at that data before drilling that big expensive hole.

#260 6 years ago

If legend says another has to die, why don't they just push the old man down the hole and stop dragging this sh*t out?

#278 6 years ago

If they buried shit that deep, wouldn't you assume that there would be an easy/secret way to access it for when you want to come back and retrieve it?
    If you didn't plan on ever retrieving it, why the elaborate system and not just dig a hole and dump it in?

#295 6 years ago

A skeleton key....found on oak island...? Could it be the key....to the ark of the covenant? Or the master key to unlock.....the first Arby's franchise on the island?

1 week later
    #339 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

With the show ending soon, I hope the answers will satisfy us all.
    In other conversations, the dating of it as a Phoenician symbol of Tanit or Asherah, or the Tree of Life in the prison from Metatron/Reincarnation,
    from 1300BC, and 1100 AD, seem to shake people.
    The Tree of Life was part of early Christianity, through exiled Alexandrian Hebrews, and was reintroduced in the Kabbalah in the crusades.
    Asherah/Tanit was part of Jewish sects, through the Samaritans, and possibly the Essene/Nazarene lore.
    Essentially a counterpart to the male God figures as a female consort, both from Persian and Greek.
    Some of the group outside Pinside, have trouble accepting any other meaning of the cross, other than Christianity, so we had series wide
    doubt, insults, and slander seen, as a defensive posture.
    If it does show an earlier prescience of Templars landing in the US....that would be an insane new theory to address.

I thought it was an early version of Gumby.

2 weeks later
    #396 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

They found the Templar treasure. It included the ark of the covenant and the holy grail itself. You missed it

Yep. The episode was live and you will not be able to watch it On Demand.

#431 6 years ago

Tonight's the night! I can feel it.

1 week later
    #460 6 years ago

What's it going to be?

#461 6 years ago

#466 6 years ago

All those $millions spent on drilling and nearly everything on that table, they found with a metal detector. lol.

#483 6 years ago
    Quoted from Half_Life:

While I'm not entirely pleased with how the show is dragged on and definitely not pleased with the 2 hour final show (with the last hour being the intro to the Civil War Gold show), I'll likely continue to DVR future episodes. Treasure can mean many things; gold, silver, jewels, etc. Perhaps treasure can also mean knowledge gained; knowledge that may change the history of that part of the world.
    Would I like to see gold, silver, jewels, etc uncovered on Oak Island? Yes, definitely. However, determining the origin of the findings and the related back-story is just as exciting to me.

7 months later
    #503 5 years ago

Yeah. This season is going to be it!!!!

#517 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

As usual....I'll just wait and get the info here....

That's not fair. I waste an hour of my life every week on this show. You can't just pop in for the cliff notes. I will now speak in code on here of the nothing that happens each episode.

1 month later
    #520 5 years ago

This is the year!

#530 5 years ago

Looks to be a good season.

Although, the next episode previews have always looked great....then.........

#532 5 years ago

I just don't see how anything is buried that deep. If there was, there would have to be a secret tunnel entrance somewhere topside, one would think.

1 week later
    #555 5 years ago

I've had enough with these jewels. Feels like half of the past several episodes have been about these.

2 weeks later
    #602 5 years ago

I still like it, but sometimes it wears on me. I actually switched channels and watched Below Deck this week. My other stupid guilty pleasure.

3 weeks later
    #633 5 years ago

Next weeks episode...

nt (resized).jpgnt (resized).jpgnt2 (resized).jpgnt2 (resized).jpg
    #643 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I think they’ve already found the treasure. The “treasure” is the show itself. So why end the show if they are making money? Might as well milk it for all it’s worth. “Oh look! A rusty nail!” “Lets get it tested on the next episode!” “Then the next episode after that is the results!”
    -I must admit, they had me hooked for at least a season or two

Like the Jewel of the Nile?

1 week later
    #655 5 years ago

Next week is going to be huge!!

1 week later
    #673 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Come on guys, I come here FOR SPOILERS, did they find anything like a fingernail or twig that resembles an arrow point to the next dig site?

YES! A star map that lines up with some rocks.

2 weeks later
    #713 5 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I love how they forget to give the other possibilities of how the lead cross ended up there. How about a sailor fell off a boat with his family heirloom around his neck. His body floated up on the area and decomposed, leaving the cross where it ended up. Or a sailor had it around his neck and it got torn off in a fight or snagging some gear while moving it? I doubt it was part of any treasure and firmly believe the body washing up on the shore theory. Who knows how far away the ship he fell off of was...it could have been a big storm and he got washed off the deck.
    And nobody mentions the facts of nature. Whatever areas were open between the trees 400 years ago probably got filled in with new trees as the older ones died off. Any treasure that had fallen on the ground during transport probably is entangles in new tree roots that have grown since then. Not to mention the mulch from dead leaves and branches that have covered any precious items that may have been dropped. Hence...the jewelry items found under the rocks were not buried there. They had been dropped on the ground during transport 400 years ago and got buried under tree and leave mulch. So any buried treasure has obviously been removed and some was dropped during transport from its location to a waiting ship.
    The idea of the water pit traps is a pure nothingburger. All they will ever find underground is timbers left behind by previous searchers. Feeding and providing for slaves to construct such an elaborate system and trap would not have been feasible. And obviously the ships crew could not have stayed on the island long enough between the seasons to construct such a system.
    So I am in the group that records this interesting story and fast forwards through all the garbage to watch a 10 minute show too.

It could've been left there by one of seven stranded castaways who went out for an afternoon three hour cruise.

1 week later
    #749 5 years ago

Last episode sucked. I actually had to flip to the SOTU.

3 weeks later
    #803 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I just have such a hard time believing some of the stuff like the box drains.
    So the pit they could dig, dump the treasure, fill it back in, and your done 2-3 weeks tops with a crew of 3-4 people.... I can believe that. quick.... in and out, done.
    to create the box drains would have taken months, and dozens of people. they would have to set up an encampment there, excavated half the island down to below sea level. they would need stone masons, and designed some sort of trigger mechanism that kept everything water tight, all just to make a booby trap? It just doesn't make sense.

Stuff like that has been done before....

#805 5 years ago

An underwater triangular shadow?!!? Could it be pointing towards the money pit???

Did I miss anything at the end? I fell asleep right when they thought they found red dye coming out of the rocks. Anything happen after that?

1 week later
    #822 5 years ago

Didn't catch it this week. What did I miss?

#826 5 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Not much. The things of interest in the water were just kelp covered rock. But I wonder if they showed us everything? Was pretty vague and they mentioned at the beginning that even touching things on the ocean floor were illegal, but then one of the last dives they showed one of the divers kicking up a bunch of sediment and looked like he was running his hand across it.
    They decided to expose the entire wharf and then will remove it to see what's under it. And one thing I was wondering was if their own cofferdam cut through anything, and this past episode I believe that Laird guy said he could see the wharf continue past the dam during low-tide. It was briefly mentioned, and they never showed it.

I was wondering before...what if what they are looking for is just outside the wall or to either side of it.

#833 5 years ago

Every show starts with the mention of the curse and how 7 must die. I have never, in the all the seasons of the show, heard any details about this curse. You would think there would be a story behind it?

#836 5 years ago

Where/when did the curse originate from? I need details!!

2 weeks later
    #846 4 years ago

Dang it. I missed last night. What happened?

7 months later
    #977 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Last nights episode was once again a big swing and a miss. How many of those are we up to now?

They sure have mastered making the upcoming episode look like it's going to be a must see. Then you tune and .......

1 month later
    #990 4 years ago

I'd like to know how much all those little explosions cost

2 weeks later
    #997 4 years ago

You'd think there'd be some ground level hidden access point? What if you wanted to go back and retrieve something...

#1003 4 years ago

Did I miss anything big last night? I ate too much and crashed halfway through the show.

2 weeks later
    #1052 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

last night's episode was horrible, more commercials than actual content.

The old lady was not happy that I turned off Breaking Bad to watch "joke" island as she calls it. I shoulda listened to her. That episode stunk.

2 months later
    #1180 3 years ago

Before every commercial break, they'd show clips of the wood coming up....then it was back to twigs and acorns.

1 week later
    #1215 3 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

I didn't know what this show was until I found this thread by accident a few months ago; I don't watch much tv.
    You people suck for even bringing it to my attention.
    Now I'm hooked on the stupid thing.

Do not worry about catching up on all the prior seasons.

3 months later
    #1274 3 years ago
    304-Spaceballs-quotes.gif304-Spaceballs-quotes.gif
    3 months later
    #1311 3 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

although..... I am going to google my house and see if I can line it up with something to mess with my wife. She loves the show too.
    Brian,

Mine calls it Joke Island as she walks past telling me I watch the dumbest shows.

1 week later
    #1351 3 years ago

They sure do a hell of a job selling the upcoming episodes...then..............

#1360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

That is one of the most ridiculous theories the show has had.
    Somehow that little cross, found on the beach is the cypher to one of the biggest treasures ever, um, no.

It's worked before...

goon (resized).jpggoon (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #1377 3 years ago

The wife always seems to walk by every time the bring up that damn lead cross and I hear...

"That stupid thing again?? Joke Island."

lol.

2 months later
    #1435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Last nights episode slowly reveals the stone roadway possibly heading towards the "Eye of the Swamp". I don't know why they never pursued that structure after proving that it had a rock foundation. Such a slow excavation of the roadway will bring this season to a close.

That's one bumpy-ass road.
    And what a shit job that has to be...digging all around those rocks. F that.

7 months later
    #1500 2 years ago

Another season of more wood. Yay!

4 weeks later
    #1546 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Did they find more wood last night?

Yes! I had to switch to Finding Bigfoot.

3 weeks later
    #1581 2 years ago

I fell asleep. What did I miss?

4 weeks later
    #1597 2 years ago

I can't take any more f*cking wood episodes.

1 month later
    #1648 2 years ago

A piece of shoe leather. That'll pay the bills.

#1660 2 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Any guesses to what they find tonight?

Mud.

9 months later
    #1724 1 year ago

Wouldn't there have to be some hidden surface entrance? Who would bury vast treasure and not have an easier way to recover it if needed?

2 months later
    #1789 1 year ago

Any chances these traces of gold are just naturally occurring?

#1790 1 year ago

I hope they find an old chamber guarded by an ancient knight and they have to choose which is the correct grail. Only when one of them chooses poorly and the 7th person dies, is the legend complete and the treasure is then revealed.

1 month later
    #1830 10 months ago

Next week is the week!

1 week later
    #1845 10 months ago

I like how they say they have to wrap it up for the winter as they walk out of the war room in short sleeves and leaves on the trees.

5 months later
    #1902 4 months ago

I fell asleep after the first hour. Hope I didn't miss the huge find.

2 months later
    #2075 78 days ago

Last night was a snoozer.

#2079 78 days ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Or maybe "We're not done until somebody makes an Oak Island pinball machine."

Imagine that narrator doing the callouts.

1 week later
    #2091 71 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

You'll be sorry that you missed last night's episode. They found a piece of wood with a nail in it **and** they found an old chain hook that was attached to a modern chain (which had been machined). I mean... that's some exhilarating TV right there!

You forgot the glass bead! GOSH.

2 weeks later
    #2117 57 days ago

^This season, nothing of importance.

2 weeks later
    #2148 37 days ago

Tonight's episode was more interesting.

4 weeks later
    #2201 8 days ago

I fell asleep 10min into last nights episode. What did I miss?

1 week later
    #2212 40 hours ago

I seem to fall asleep 10min into each episode. I did see some blue soil. That was pretty exciting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.