(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    marty_lagina_meme (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7965865_3725613 (resized).png
    IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
    5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    IMG_1860 (resized).jpeg
    15703 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 6 years ago

I have never heard of it, but now I must give it a try. Hopefully, it's better than Gold Diggers.
    ------------
    I'm two episodes in an yep. Good TV watching.

#201 6 years ago

Ok, I'm on Season 3 Episode 7. So the millions spent must have just been for the land because everything else I see is production cost for a TV show. I'm going to finish this, but it's really no different than Gold Diggers, except that I applaud this for this, they don't try to get ratings by yelling and screaming at each other. It is a very civil reality TV show.

Things that appear odd. Why wait so long to bring in the elder Blankenship? Why not send cameras down X10 before sending divers? Why bother with a 12 ft backhoe when you know everything is going to be deeper. Why use green dye in an ocean for spotting leaks? Why try to hide the Pulitzer guy is packing? The com issues with the divers looks fake. I bet the Pulitzer guy and others paid money to get on the show to advertise their services.

The biggest problem I have is the in the 60's or so, can't remember decade, a guy dug out a huge portion and completely decimated the island. Now they try to find stuff like it was undisturbed. With all the earth moving, I wouldn't put any stock in anything they find buried. The old footage was brutal to see. Actually, it's amazing how nature can take back over because without that footage you would never know the island was cleared that much.

#223 6 years ago

What we need instead of the Lagina brothers we need Robert Langdon, Benjamin Franklin Gates, and Indiana Jones to really solve this mystery.

1 month later
    #440 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

He was on 'Expedition Unknown', a couple of years ago.

I loved that show. I need to check it out again.

3 years later
    #1480 2 years ago

This is like the Deeproot thread. I some activity and think something happended. Nope, tricked again.

5 months later
    #1518 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Some people in this thread might enjoy the book ready player one. The book, not the movie.
    https://readyplayerone.fandom.com/wiki/Halliday%27s_Easter_Egg_Hunt

Is it good? I suppose so since you mention it, so stupid question. I saw someone selling Ready Player Two on FB MP. I had no idea the movie was based on a book. I'll have to check it out.

1 month later
    #1574 2 years ago

This show is like As The World Turns, you can skip a couple years, watch the new episode, and nothing changed.

11 months later
    #1701 1 year ago

Damn, was hoping with all this activity they found something.

1 year later
    #2087 71 days ago

I'm one of those guys that was an early watcher and just check this thread for being on fire to know if something really happend. It hasn't yet, of course.

#2089 71 days ago

I'd rather got to P Hub.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.