11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by nitrojcrawf
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png
    D5AA8FF6-C57E-4974-A878-5AFD299D1BC1 (resized).png
    i-see-you-have-a-perfectly-resonable-argument-youre-wrong-its-aliens (resized).jpg
    B6E137E8-735A-4E86-BB72-E1D8EF4300D0 (resized).jpeg
    C443D8CA-A915-4600-8913-563B451D25DA (resized).jpeg
    FB7A637E-A543-4362-B71B-4E0E2B8F030A (resized).jpeg
    C9ED5AA9-680D-4405-9BAF-D5B9D5AE4B2A (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    ats36902_Mine (resized).jpg
    oak-island-5-1 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 9 days ago

I get the trepidation, but why not just start bulldozing? If they can hold back the ocean in the cove, they can deal with the pit water as well.

#602 9 days ago

I still like it, but sometimes it wears on me. I actually switched channels and watched Below Deck this week. My other stupid guilty pleasure.

#603 9 days ago

Yeah I make fun of it but I also have been watching it from the start; if nothing else you learn some obscure history facts along the way.

#604 9 days ago

Quit watching a few seasons back for good. You guys do a good job informing me of any new "developments".

Still waiting for the show to end so I can watch the 1 hour special that cuts the repitition and supposition and just shows what they did and what they found.

#605 8 days ago

Ha, didn't they find a "roman" sword a few years ago that came back fake? Yes, I'm hooked on the damn show. Thanks to dvr I can zip through in about 7 min. One woman researcher just died, they have to go through all her belongings to find clues. But lo and behold, one of the brothers picks up the exact book they need with a hidden map and cypher in back. Enough of the damn templar theory, ENOUGH!!!!!
    Reminds me of Goldrush show. 55 min of machines breaking down, 5 minutes of weighing gold. Thank you dvr, I can skip the first 55 min thank you very much.
    We're on the vault, no the vault moved, we dislodged it. We're on a tunnel, no the tunnels collapsed. Is this an original tunnel, or subsequent searcher tunnels?
    That about sums up the past 6 years.

#606 8 days ago

I like the vault got pushed farther down. Seems far fetched since the people would just dig out a cavern they needed. Not like a floating box in a big void.

#607 8 days ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I like the vault got pushed farther down. Seems far fetched since the people would just dig out a cavern they needed. Not like a floating box in a big void.

Really far fetched considering the sheer weight of gold, you'd have to have an air tight vault box.

#608 8 days ago

Gold wouldn’t need to be in an airtight box. It doesn’t oxidize or deteriorate in water. Water would deteriorate silver and iron over time, however. Any manuscripts would need to be in an airtight container. But Shakespeare’s lost plays? Really?

#609 8 days ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Gold wouldn’t need to be in an airtight box.

I mean to float.

#611 7 days ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

The last episode was pretty boring and seemed to go nowhere. =/
    First three from this season moved along nicely.

100% agree.
    The last episode sucked.
    Took them an entire hour just to tell us there was manganese in the iron, so the weapon was likely a Roman Javelin.
    Which is super cool but did not need it's own hour show.

#612 7 days ago

Its funny though, they find just the right items to keep interest peaked. Jewelry, roman spear point, old cross, old coins, possible plank from an old sailing vessel, cocanut fiber, bone fragments, pottery fragments, parchment fragment,old nails, not to mention cut timber underground. What next, a cannon from blackbeards boat. cant they shove a metal detector down one of the bore holes to see if any metal around?

#613 7 days ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

Its funny though, they find just the right items to keep interest peaked. Jewelry, roman spear point, old cross, old coins, possible plank from an old sailing vessel, cocanut fiber, bone fragments, pottery fragments, parchment fragment,old nails, not to mention cut timber underground. What next, a cannon from blackbeards boat. cant they shove a metal detector down one of the bore holes to see if any metal around?

I'm sure they find a lot more than what they show us. At the end of the last season, there was a lot on the table that was never really shown on screen before.
    It's just editing. Would be curious as to how many hours of video from the different cameras they have to have around. GoPro's, Drones, multiple handhelds, etc.

#614 6 days ago
    Quoted from Soltic:

Sums up the production strategy of the show in a totally true but LOL way:

Absolutely perfect. I can't agree more!

#615 6 days ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

so the weapon was likely a Roman Javelin

I was just waiting for the narrator to chime in and "Could it be that this was the spear that stabbed christ on the cross and was stored for eons by a sect of pygmy shriners who came to the island on a raft of Homer's original manuscripts"

#616 6 days ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I was just waiting for the narrator to chime in and begin to speculate if this was the spear that stabbed christ on the cross and was stored for eons by a sect of pygmy shriners who came to the island on a raft of Homer's original manuscripts.

I’m just glad that none of that speculation had anything to do with the Knights Templar. They were so 2012

#617 4 days ago

I say nuke the bloody island!

#618 4 days ago

Won’t have to nuke it. The island will be sinking into the ocean soon because of all the holes their drilling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 10.95
    $ 14.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 63.00
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 14.95
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside