• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 51 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1307 votes by 787 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3322 (resized).jpg
391735939_806303518171699_5751947203509962681_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
FP2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #274 Upcoming Game List Posted by Outsidedge (5 years ago)

Post #870 Hardtop Hiatus Clarification Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1086 New Website - 11/29/2019 Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1142 Xenon Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1246 Pin*bot Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 67.
#1 5 years ago

We felt its time to have a go-to thread for this fantastic new product. I've included a dynamic poll. We will add games when they are approved for future production. Vote on the games you intend to purchase. We know everyone has a voice and an opinion and we are using this thread to listen to you. Post your requests.

A few general rules and requests.

We are currently working with Planetary Pinball exclusively, so only Bally /Williams machines can be added at this time. No Sterns, No Gottliebs and so on.

If any of the playfield manufacturers( CPR, Mirco, others) are making or planning on making a playfield it is off limits for us.

If a company has already made the playfield it may qualify for a hardtop. Example=Taxi

Last and most important.....Do not contact, call, or PM us with suggestions, instead put them here. Thank you for your thoughts, understanding, and support.
download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

Here is a list of Hardtops currently available:

Space Shuttle
Pharoah
Wizard
Taxi (2 Versions)
Future Spa
Comet
Frontier
Black Knight
Evel Knievel

#4 5 years ago

I was told to use a clear when I bought my taxi. What clear do you suggest to seal the inserts. Pinfest was a long event so i think it was just forgotten about.

#5 5 years ago

I really like my Space Shuttle hard top, I look forward to other titles coming out.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

I was told to use a clear when I bought my taxi. What clear do you suggest to seal the inserts. Pinfest was a long event so i think it was just forgotten about.

This was my first choice. Rust-Oleum 12-Ounce Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint.

spray (resized).jpgspray (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Thank you!
The Taxi project will move along

#8 5 years ago

How about Bally Strikes and Spares?

#9 5 years ago

I'd like to see a Bally supersonic as well since I've got 2 bad playfields.

#10 5 years ago

These look really cool, hadn't heard of them before, might consider one for my Taxi, would sure clean it up!

#11 5 years ago

Hotdoggin' please!!

#12 5 years ago

Hope I didn't jump the gun sanding down my Firepower. Is that still planned to go live? Baby needs some new art!... and targets... and inserts... and...

IMG_20180501_155741 (resized).jpgIMG_20180501_155741 (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from scupbucket:

Hope I didn't jump the gun sanding down my Firepower. Is that still planned to go live? Baby needs some new art!... and targets... and inserts... and...

Your fine, Firepower is coming.

#14 5 years ago

I will keep this in mind while buying machines that is for sure. Not listed but if eight ball deluxe is coming I have cash rolled up inside my cabinet waiting for this product.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Your fine, Firepower is coming.

SWEET! Many thanks... saw the Taxi/Wizard hardtops at the Ohio show and was beyond impressed with the quality. I'll be patient now.

#16 5 years ago

I have a stripped Gorgar playfield available to ship out if it is of interest. I can send pics first, please advise.

Swords of Fury is now listed in the poll - Yay!! If you can give an idea of likliehood and approximate time-line I would commit to two now. I am still holding off on hand touch ups and clearing the one that I have top side stripped now. It has been far too long and need to move this along. Any details would be greatly appreciated.

#17 5 years ago

Spy Hunter would be awesome I know there's not a huge amount of the machines out there but most of the PF's are shagged!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have a stripped Gorgar playfield available to ship out if it is of interest. I can send pics first, please advise.
Swords of Fury is now listed in the poll - Yay!! If you can give an idea of likliehood and approximate time-line I would commit to two now. I am still holding off on hand touch ups and clearing the one that I have top side stripped now. It has been far too long and need to move this along. Any details would be greatly appreciated.

As much as we appreciate everyone’s willingness to send us playfields,we cannot accept all the offers. There is a specific process to choosing the next Hardtops.If the manufacturer needs something we will ask. Thanks

#19 5 years ago

My kingdom for a Grand Lizard and a Barracora!!

#20 5 years ago

Solar Fire please!

#21 5 years ago

Eight ball deluxe would be great

#22 5 years ago

I hope to add some of these titles to the poll. I'm waiting to hear from robin to see if this is an option.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

As much as we appreciate everyone’s willingness to send us playfields,we cannot accept all the offers. There is a specific process to choosing the next Hardtops.If the manufacturer needs something we will ask. Thanks

Ok good to hear, thank you for responding!

The next response should say, "Swords of Fury is up", to which I will send money for two. I would really rather that then try to finish this first PF with touch ups and CC.

#24 5 years ago

I feel sorry for you guys, for having to hear us all yell game titles at you haha. But this product looks so great, takes care of a lot of pinball issues for good. I really hope this all works out and you can start cranking out titles.

Missing the boat on a playfield repro run sucks.... If you do a title will it always be available? You don't have to have a batch of them made do you?

#25 5 years ago

Did my Comet Hardtop install yesterday, looks great!!! If was definitely important to remove the top protective film first. If I lined up the Hardtop exactly to the playfield I could see a good amount of wood on the left side of the inserts. With the film removed I was able to easily adjust. A bit of the Hardtop now hangs over the right side of the playfield, I'll probably shave that off while I'm working on the rollover. At any rate, it looks amazing, great product, thanks!!!

A little before and after...

20180419_221923 (resized).jpg20180419_221923 (resized).jpg20180603_215512 (resized).jpg20180603_215512 (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago

Can't wait to get mine.

#27 5 years ago

First, Thank you Skypilot for starting this on behalf of the Hardtop effort to affordably bring games back to life! Folks, feel free to vote above, as this helps us decide how to proceed. We are glad you are all liking the product. Just remember, We suggest our product for trashed playfields that are not realistic to restore.

-KEEP FLIPPING

#28 5 years ago

Can't state this enough, this is a game changing product and am stoked to watch you guys succeed. Barracora #grandlizard

#29 5 years ago

Ugh I need like four of these! Byebye $$$

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I feel sorry for you guys, for having to hear us all yell game titles at you haha. But this product looks so great, takes care of a lot of pinball issues for good. I really hope this all works out and you can start cranking out titles.
Missing the boat on a playfield repro run sucks.... If you do a title will it always be available? You don't have to have a batch of them made do you?

Thats what this thread is for,yelling out! We want to know what everyone wants. When a game comes up, we see if we are able to do it and then we will have it added to the poll.

Once a Hardtop is produced it is a stocked for purchase. When the shelve is empty they just run more.

#31 5 years ago

Night Rider

#32 5 years ago

Barracora
Centaur

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Did my Comet Hardtop install yesterday, looks great!!! If was definitely important to remove the top protective film first. If I lined up the Hardtop exactly to the playfield I could see a good amount of wood on the left side of the inserts. With the film removed I was able to easily adjust. A bit of the Hardtop now hangs over the right side of the playfield, I'll probably shave that off while I'm working on the rollover. At any rate, it looks amazing, great product, thanks!!!
A little before and after...

Man I missed a local comet that I was hoping to restore with one. Looks great! And you have new ramps you can get too!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

More
Man I missed a local comet that I was hoping to restore with one. Looks great! And you have new ramps you can get too!

Thanks, got some more work done yesterday, new pop bumper parts look real nice too. I did pick up the red cycle ramp and corkscrew from freeplay40, can't wait to get those installed. It is a great time to own a Comet! No way I would have purchased mine if it wasn't for hardtop being available. Only problem is the playfield is going to make my cabinet look worse than it is. Good chance I'll play it for a bit then fix up a cab some time down the road.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

No way I would have purchased mine if it wasn't for hardtop being available.

This product has changed my wish list also.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

This product has changed my wish list also.

Same. Plus I have many machines I bought dirt cheap (2x Comet, Flash Gordon, Future Spa, etc), just to save them from the scrap heap, and suddenly thanks to hardtops and freeplay40's awesome ramps they will get restored.

#37 5 years ago

I'm going to suggest an untapped opportunity that IS NOT a title.

I have a feeling these would display great mounted on a sheet of plexi with a frosted back (which could be just a vinyl application) and an LED lightbar across the bottom.

One more way to get playfield art without hanging a chunk of wood and easy to light from below, much like how the toppers are lit.

I may have to experiment on my own once Fathom is released. That's always one I've wanted to display since I'll never afford or find one to play.

#38 5 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

I'm looking at buying a project with a rough playfield, no boards, missing display, no backglass, rough cabinet. I've been very active on Pinside and Facebook Marketplace for the past year and I think I have seen one CPR playfield in the aftermarket in all that time. Lots of overlays but only one nos/repro playfield. Seems like this would be a great seller.

#39 5 years ago

Used the dremmel mini drum sander to enlarge the rollover hole last night. Worked perfect and was real easy to do. It's nice and snug before even using glue. See the third video in the third post for instructions. I did get to practice a bit while shaving off the side that was overhanging the playfield a bit. Very easy though, and if your rollovers are in a more visible location I think the dremmel method is a must.

#40 5 years ago

Bally KISS. I have a CPR playfield pre-ordered but would consider this instead. Not having to transfer anything on the bottom of the pf is great plus the hardtop finish. Can't believe I'm the 1st to suggest 1979 Bally KISS. Lot's of them out there.

#41 5 years ago

This may be a biased place to ask this question, but what would the resale value difference be between a game with a CPR-type playfield vs. a hardtop? Would it be, say, $500 since a CPR gold playfield might run $700 - $800 and one of these is $300?

As a home player who just wants the machine to look nice and (more importantly) play well, I'll take the hardtop. Also, not having to totally break down a game in a playfield swap has some appeal.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

This may be a biased place to ask this question, but what would the resale value difference be between a game with a CPR-type playfield vs. a hardtop? Would it be, say, $500 since a CPR gold playfield might run $700 - $800 and one of these is $300?
As a home player who just wants the machine to look nice and (more importantly) play well, I'll take the hardtop. Also, not having to totally break down a game in a playfield swap has some appeal.

I really don't know.I would venture a minimum of 500 on a game. That said whenever I do a hardtop Im putting on new plastics, rebuilding mechs, polishing rails so it's hard to say. I sold the prototype Pharoah at 1000 over its original cost.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I sold the prototype Pharoah at 1000 over its original cost.

I was wondering if anybody even sold a machine with a hardtop already installed yet. I think it's still too early to tell what will happen price wise. I'm guessing most of the hardtop machines are still with the original owners. I have no plans of selling mine any time soon. And I also put in a lot of other new parts, so who knows what price increase can be attributed to specifically to the hardtop. Time should give us an idea though.

#44 5 years ago

Ok, its time to add canidates to the list. @robin @forceflow .Please add Eight ball deluxe,Strikes and Spares,Kiss (bally),Supersonic and Grand lizard to the poll. These title have made the list.
Cheers!

#45 5 years ago

The poll has been updated with additional games. Cast your votes.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from scupbucket:

Hope I didn't jump the gun sanding down my Firepower.

Looks like my Black Knight! I need to get my hardtop installed an get this project done!

DSC02004 (resized).JPGDSC02004 (resized).JPG
#47 5 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man please.
I commented in the other thread but I thought I should echo it here also.
Thanks.

#48 5 years ago

????????????????????????????????

hhh (resized).jpghhh (resized).jpg
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Six Million Dollar Man please.
I commented in the other thread but I thought I should echo it here also.
Thanks.

Yes, this is the place to make requests. I will add it to the request list.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

????????????????????????????????

Whats your question. It's in the poll so that means its approved to be made.Where in the queue I cannot answer.....yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 3,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.