• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 51 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1307 votes by 787 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3322 (resized).jpg
391735939_806303518171699_5751947203509962681_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
FP2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 67.
#151 5 years ago

This bit is awesome on the end of your Dremmel or equivalent. Might even work in a drill. It made rounding out or opening up holes really easy when I did my Black Knight!

[cone (resized).jpgcone (resized).jpg

#152 5 years ago

Not sure why I didn't think of a sanding drum. I was surprised it was completely missing. For the other holes that were just a drill bit to shave them. That was the last hole I have to do. Thanks.

#153 5 years ago

Has anyone found a router bit with a small enough guide to work? I'd much rather use a router if possible.

#155 5 years ago

Aside from the one roll over i did not have to drill one hole on my Frontier. Everything lined up exactly!

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Aside from the one roll over i did not have to drill one hole on my Frontier. Everything lined up exactly!

Maybe it's a Comet thing, I had to do a bunch, no big deal though. Dremmel mini drum sander does work great for the star rollover. That was my biggest concern, but it came out perfect. I also practiced a bit on the side of the hardtop that was over hanging the playfield. Felt more confident after seeing how easy that was.

1 week later
#158 5 years ago

How about a Data East Dimpsons playfield? Been looking for one?

#159 5 years ago

I would like to see a Cyclone Hardtop made.

#160 5 years ago

Would like to remind about the need for both the small upper and small lower playfields for Elektra. Those always get wiped out and there isn't a good option to fix or replace them. I think that is the only missing restoration piece for that game since plastics and cabinet stencils are available.

#161 5 years ago

Just ordered a Firepower hardtop today. Super excited to check this thing out and get it installed!

I just picked up a 3rd Firepower the other day from Craig's List. Major project machine that will be a great for my first try at a hardtop.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Just ordered a Firepower hardtop today. Super excited to check this thing out and get it installed!
I just picked up a 3rd Firepower the other day from Craig's List. Major project machine that will be a great for my first try at a hardtop.

3rd Firepower?????? Jeez, I can't find a single Firepower for sale here in the southeast the last 6 months, let alone a project or 3 of them......

#163 5 years ago

I've got one set up for play that I've been playing for years, another one is in the stencil process, and this one I was going to try the hardtop out on. I'm happy CPR is putting all their plastics back into production! And that PP hasn't run out of backglasses yet.... I did sell one sometime in the last 6 months or so as well. Eventually I'll just have one. Just sitting on them waiting for play fields basically.

#164 5 years ago

My weekend project came to day! This will be my second hardtop install and what a amazing product this is!!!!

7B3FB3E1-FBFC-4DF7-BFBB-80291E88F9D3 (resized).jpeg7B3FB3E1-FBFC-4DF7-BFBB-80291E88F9D3 (resized).jpeg
#165 5 years ago

Nice. After Vid did his how to I ordered a few star rollovers as High Speed has two that I seem to always forget about. That was a part of a larger order, but now I think I have everything for that one when it gets announced. Not sure how we will adapt to getting the space back in the workshop when the game is in the house. It's become a staple and just part of the workshop, but I'm sure we will fill the ~8 square feet it takes up in no time.

#166 5 years ago

How is the transition point in the shooter lane when it goes from the original wood to the hard top? Does the ball jump up at the bump? I was just thinking about this as I got mine in the mail today too. Looks like a beautiful job and it's going to be exciting to get this project completed!

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

How is the transition point in the shooter lane when it goes from the original wood to the hard top? Does the ball jump up at the bump? I was just thinking about this as I got mine in the mail today too. Looks like a beautiful job and it's going to be exciting to get this project completed!

Seems real smooth on mine. If it jumps at all I've never noticed it.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

How is the transition point in the shooter lane when it goes from the original wood to the hard top?

The Hardtop is cut with a long "V" notch, so there is a gradual ramp up, rather than a bump. Works very well.

#169 5 years ago

Got my weekend project done and she a beauty. This was my second hardtop and this is the way to go.

47F7DDE2-0A6B-4687-8CE4-283B1BBD6AE5 (resized).jpeg47F7DDE2-0A6B-4687-8CE4-283B1BBD6AE5 (resized).jpeg5567BB8D-C99A-4E17-8F27-189459694445 (resized).jpeg5567BB8D-C99A-4E17-8F27-189459694445 (resized).jpeg64E3B237-1D2E-4CA3-BDF4-2111C32F47F8 (resized).jpeg64E3B237-1D2E-4CA3-BDF4-2111C32F47F8 (resized).jpeg
#170 5 years ago

Congratulations on completing another HT!

Can you tell me if Swords of Fury is coming? High Speed is next it seems, does that mean the SoF could be right behind?

FYI, Firepower is not listed in the first post.

Let me know, if possible. Thanks!

#171 5 years ago

How does the hardtop work with original screw holes for posts, etc.? how hard is it to find the original holes back? Is the hardtop pre-drilled for the holes? Can you screw through the hardtop without cracking it? Do you need to pre-drill the holes before screwing in the posts?

#172 5 years ago

With the Hardtop all the holes are all there and like they say every playfield will not be the same. I laid the playfield down and find the sweet spot where it will need to be and from there you will need to take a dremal tool with a small bit and make some of the holes a little bit bigger. So I take a small sharpie and mark all the spots that need some adjustments. Most adjustments will only be a half a hole off. With Firepower I made maybe 15 hole adjustments. I did predrill the holes where the wood rails go on the outside the playfield. The roll overs are easy to install after the playfield is stuck down. There is a video out there that shows how to do that also. I did put in all new inserts with the star burst in them which makes them pop also. I started this on Friday and the playfield was back in the cabinet by Sunday night. You will need to adjust some switches which is normal with doing the Hardtop. This is really not that hard to do at all .

#173 5 years ago

Hardtop for time fantasy

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Got my weekend project done and she a beauty. This was my second hardtop and this is the way to go.

That looks awesome! Great job!

Quoted from firefighter:

I did put in all new inserts with the star burst in them which makes them pop also.

That's a smart choice. That's what CPR put in and with LEDs underneath they look fantastic. Traditionalists don't like them but as long as you are happy that's all that matters!

#175 5 years ago

Another happy customer... great product and it saved my FP!

Quick question for the Outside Edge guys... Any possibility there would be an option to order these without the adhesive? Looking forward to High Speed...

before_after (resized).jpgbefore_after (resized).jpgbefore_after_2 (resized).jpgbefore_after_2 (resized).jpg
#176 5 years ago
Quoted from scupbucket:

Another happy customer... great product and it saved my FP!
Quick question for the Outside Edge guys... Any possibility there would be an option to order these without the adhesive? Looking forward to High Speed... [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s pretty shocking to see side by side, looks great

#177 5 years ago

Where did you find all the new inserts for your Firepower?

#178 5 years ago

I got all my inserts, roll overs and outholes from Pinball resource. I did have to substitute the red 10,000 30,000 and 50,000 for orange ones as he doesn't carry the large red starburst. When you put red leds in the orange inserts they do turn red. I also bought clear rollovers and put color changers under them. The lock out holes I changed them out for transparent ones and put green leds under them and link them to the green arrows to the lock holes.

#179 5 years ago

Wait, I got all the inserts from Pinballlife. I have ordered so much stuff from different places lately I had to double check what came from where. PBR has the roll overs and transparent outholes.

1 month later
#180 5 years ago

For suggestions, what about making backglasses for these games? Since you already have the license, and my Pharaoh is losing a full corner, hanging on by a thread. Think you could use your process and materials to make backglasses for these games?

#181 5 years ago

So, no news in a while. What's next?

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

When a game comes up, we see if we are able to do it and then we will have it added to the poll.

Not sure if this was confirmed but everything that is in the poll is potentially available, license wise? It is just a matter of you deciding what to do based on popularity and ability to complete? IE: SoF is actually possible? Any update on SoF?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Not sure if this was confirmed but everything that is in the poll is potentially available, license wise? It is just a matter of you deciding what to do based on popularity and ability to complete? IE: SoF is actually possible? Any update on SoF?

Im sorry there is not much to update. They are working on a few titles and once High Speed is complete the next candidates will be decided upon.

#184 5 years ago

I think a lot of Elektra owners who love to see the small lower playfield done as well as the upper since that always gets trashed.

#185 5 years ago

My forward looking request would be Flash Gordon. When I eventually find one I fully expect the playfield to be wore out and it will need a hardtop.

#186 5 years ago

Is there anyway that someone could help out the Hardtops community.

TimeFantasy ( High res scans need minor retouching ) - Mine is probably better restore candidate but there are many who would die for another option .

Flight2000 ( 1 fully depopulated playfield requires minor touch up but may make a good start of template)
Warlock ( Hardtop canidate or it's going to be one heck of timely restore )

I am a trained graphic artist and would love to contribute to the community with any of the listed games above.
Not sure I'd make TF into a hardtop but other two are to be

Whoever is in charge hit me up I'd love to help preserve some of these games

#187 5 years ago

Where is High Speed?

#188 5 years ago

Still hoping for Solar Fire.

#189 5 years ago

Not sure where this is on priority but I would be 100% in on a Night Rider (EM, if that matters).

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Not sure where this is on priority but I would be 100% in on a Night Rider (EM, if that matters).

I second that, my playfield is worn out.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Im sorry there is not much to update. They are working on a few titles and once High Speed is complete the next candidates will be decided upon.

High speed is happening!? Awesome, I’m in for one!

#192 5 years ago

Any chance of some older DE games like Simpsons, Robocop, Back to the Future, Phantom of the Opera?

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

once High Speed is complete

Waiting for High SpeedWaiting for High Speed

#194 5 years ago

I could use an Embryon. Game is also increasing in popularity

#195 5 years ago

Any chance there will be some of these available to purchase at Expo in a couple of weeks?

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

For suggestions, what about making backglasses for these games? Since you already have the license, and my Pharaoh is losing a full corner, hanging on by a thread. Think you could use your process and materials to make backglasses for these games?

CPR announced that they would reproduce all of the plastics, backglasses/translites and playfields that they did in the past, but now on demand. For now only the plastics and backglasses/translites are on demand. If you post in the below forum what you are looking for it will help them prioritize what needs to be made now. Check their website periodically to see if it's in stock, and if you don't see it in stock within two weeks pm Pinsider kevincpr.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/8#post-4590963

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Any chance there will be some of these available to purchase at Expo in a couple of weeks?

Yes ,They are setting up at expo.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes ,They are setting up at expo.

High Speed?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

CPR announced that they would reproduce all of the plastics, backglasses/translites and playfields that they did in the past, but now on demand. For now only the plastics and backglasses/translites are on demand. If you post in the below forum what you are looking for it will help them prioritize what needs to be made now. Check their website periodically to see if it's in stock, and if you don't see it in stock within two weeks pm Pinsider kevincpr.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/8#post-4590963

Not all of us want a $1000 playfield. Some of us would be just as happy with an alternative at 25% of the cost.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Not all of us want a $1000 playfield. Some of us would be just as happy with an alternative at 25% of the cost.

And after some recent posts, having all the holes there is also nice. I didn’t know that was a potential with CPR, but I guess WW is missing some and I have one of those playfields in a box to do at some point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 3,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.