• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #274 Upcoming Game List Posted by Outsidedge (5 years ago)

Post #870 Hardtop Hiatus Clarification Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1086 New Website - 11/29/2019 Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1142 Xenon Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1246 Pin*bot Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

Barracora
Centaur

#38 5 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

I'm looking at buying a project with a rough playfield, no boards, missing display, no backglass, rough cabinet. I've been very active on Pinside and Facebook Marketplace for the past year and I think I have seen one CPR playfield in the aftermarket in all that time. Lots of overlays but only one nos/repro playfield. Seems like this would be a great seller.

1 week later
#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I thought classic Stern do not require a license, unless it has a 3rd party license tied to it. Gary Stern does not own the license to the 1970-1980s Sterns games. I believe his ex-wife did but she did not care if anyone makes parts.

Please read post #63:
"Planetary is not forcing anyone. They do not have licensing agreements with anyone else at this time. That does not mean in the future this could change. There are still a lot of B/W titles to be done so bringing on another company's titles is just too much."

1 week later
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sorry no Sterns as of yet

When you do start considering Sterns you should look at Meteor. One of the largest produced classic Sterns At 8,300 but no one has ever made a repro playfield. It has been on cprs boutique wishlist for at least a year. Flight 2000 was another high production Stern but Cpr made a playfield for that a few years ago

2 months later
#196 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

For suggestions, what about making backglasses for these games? Since you already have the license, and my Pharaoh is losing a full corner, hanging on by a thread. Think you could use your process and materials to make backglasses for these games?

CPR announced that they would reproduce all of the plastics, backglasses/translites and playfields that they did in the past, but now on demand. For now only the plastics and backglasses/translites are on demand. If you post in the below forum what you are looking for it will help them prioritize what needs to be made now. Check their website periodically to see if it's in stock, and if you don't see it in stock within two weeks pm Pinsider kevincpr.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/8#post-4590963

4 weeks later
#282 5 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Awww man! I was hoping Supersonic would squeak into the new 5 titles with its simple graphics. Or High Speed... Oh well, I still have a feeling both will make it to the presses someday, and I'm nothing if not patient.
So glad y'all are making this product and I can't wait to order and install my first!
Yopp.

Two posts above he stated that High a Speed is almost ready to release

2 weeks later
#342 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Just saw Blackout on the list that's awesome. I got to really look mine over and decide if i go hardtop or traditional restoration mine isn't terrible but not sure if its good enough to be touched up and cleared and come out nice enough cause the Hardtops looks amazing.
I'm actually not to far from Pinball Pimp, about 5 hours. I actually reached out to him also about taking him my Trident so he could scan it and make the stencil. I think my Blackout is pretty decent also i might be able to just take both to him if someone can't get him good scans.

Do you have an old flatbed scanner? You can remove the lid and hold the scanner against the cabinet and take multiple pictures. Jeff can photoshop the pictures to make the stencils.

1 week later
#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Ive heard nothing from jeff on this.

Quoted from Pin-up:

Ive heard nothing from jeff on this.

I asked Jeff if he could make a stencil set for Alien Star as he doesn’t already have the artwork. He said to take an old fashioned flat bed scanner and remove the lid. Then place the scanner against the side of the cabinet and take multiple pictures of the cabinet and head. He can photoshop the images to make the art files that he needs to make a stencil kit

1 month later
#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I just received my Mata Hari. I'm not sure if this art is correct? My field is worn but it looks different.
[quoted image]

The face was painted to look like a porcelain doll. Lol

3 months later
#739 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

10k Plays Where is this?

NASA facility?

1 month later
#867 4 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Really hope that this is not a sign of discontinuing the product.

I think they were just overwhelmed by the number of orders coming in. They should be back up and running soon.

1 month later
#891 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think they only print to order.

Initially they were stocking product, but they were overwhelmed with orders once people started giving testimonials about the quality. A friend said that they are scheduled to have a booth at Expo in October. I'm thinking they will resume their sales online after Expo.

2 months later
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmama:

I am looking for a Williams Space Shuttle hard top. I know this was one you originally produced. You don’t by chance have any available,do you?

Send a pm to Pinsider outside edge

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from swpinball:

Just PM’d outside edge but i thought i would share this absolutely terrible touch up job using magic markers on a high speed i picked up several years ago. [quoted image]

I hope that your offer on this pin was also horrible...horribly low that is...

1 month later
#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How often do reprints get ran?
I’m looking for a Flash Gordon hardtop.

Skypilot has already said that he will be doing another run of FG. The first run was only sold by skypilot so contact him directly

2 months later
#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

[quoted image]

Swords of Fury and Pinbot!

2 months later
#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

6hrs on the road and I destroyed my car making it fit but I'm home now and plotting my next move......
[quoted image]

How fast were you driving?

3 months later
#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Just brought home a SS with the intent to hardtop. I've found one on Ebay for about $100 less than OutsideEdge. Does anyone have any experience with hardtops that are NOT made by OE? Are they the same thing? Also what is this "clear" everyone keeps referring to? I assume clear coat but is it a certain type/brand?

There are four types of products you can buy for your playfield:
1. Repro playfield - expensive.
2. Clear playfield protector to place on top of your heavily worn playfield. You’ll still see your heavily worn playfield. Available on EBay.
3. A playfield overlay. Many people complain that the size or colors aren’t correct. Available on EBay.
4. Hardtop exclusively from Outside Edge. It’s a clear playfield protector that has the playfield art reverse printed on the bottom of it. The other side of the protector, (where the rolls on) is clear. The bottom side with the artwork has an adhesive and a removable film. You adhere the hardtop to your playfield. There are lots of installation videos here, vid1900 made a forum about installation, and lots of people have made suggestions in this forum.

5 months later
#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Didj:

Bally Space Invaders - probably hard to license. But, when that playfield is roached, there's no hope except for a hardtop replacement.

CPR made this title once and is planning another run.
https://classicplayfields.com/product-category/pinball-playfields/page/2/

4 months later
#2074 2 years ago

Looks like a Williams Flash in the background.

1 week later
#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They probably won't do Flash, because CPR did it a few months ago
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/flash-3/

I looked at the partial picture of the playfield in the background behind the SBM and thought it was Flash. What is it?

2 months later
#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:Seawitch!!
Can't believe nobody's done a repro playfield for Seawitch yet? After The Beatles, this game has been made more popular due to the great layout. I think this would be a good candidate for a hardtop!

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

That’s right. Must have changed their mind along the way.

1 year later
#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I have shipped my PinDoc Playfield Rotisseries to Australia, and the cost was an arm and a leg too.
I have had large orders where several folks got together and divided up the shipping costs which made it more reasonable. I would also recommend finding folks for a group buy because you can tape many of the Hardtop boxes together and really knock that cost down. Just my two cents.

Ask around to other Australian collectors to see if any of them use a freight forwarder. A freight forwarder consolidates many packages into an ocean container, driving the cost per package down. Once the container arrives in Australia you can have the packages shipped to your house. I think I read somewhere that someone was shipping to a freight forwarder in Oregon.

2 months later
#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from interconnect:

Yeah my Space Shuttle backglass from them was supposed to be mirrored… definitely not. It’s like a silvery paint.

If you’re looking for a true mirrored backglass order a digitally printed film here (similar quality as Bgresto), strip the ink off your glass and adhere the film. Takes 2-3 weeks to deliver and about the same price as BGresto. Bgresto will ship you a complete backglass in 2-6 months.
https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread?tu=bluespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.